Reviews of Ramada Hotel & Conference Center by Wyndham San Diego North 3 stars

5550 Kearny Mesa Road, Kearny Mesa, San Diego, CA 92111, USA

#154 of 226 hotels in San Diego

normal

Internet connection

The Wi-Fi network is a piece of trash, I was never able to get connected to their wifi network. it was very important to me to get into their network but it was a shame.

Fair hotel in a convenient area
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

NO free breakfast after I booked the room; the hotel apparently changed policy. There was a restaurant on site but was charged for food. There are no water fountains or areas to fill water bottles anywhere on site. Pool was well kept and always had towels. Our room however having reserved for 4 was always shorted by a towel. The front desk did always have an extra delivered promptly at our request. Beds were a bit worn out or too soft for my taste.

Staff was warm and friendly. Rooms were clean and maid service regular.

When I book the resevervation it showed it included...

Very in helpful

When I book the resevervation it showed it included breakfast. That’s the way I booked it . And they end you emailing it was a mistake really. They did want to composite me at all.

60% of rooms only have view of 20 foot wall and parking area only!

Bookings.com customers get worst rooms. I asked for the best room possible and the receptionist says I can give best room I have for bookings.com. it was the opposite of the pool looking at a 20-foot concrete wall and parking lot. Horrible memory. Very old and poorly maintained outside. A/C in Room 233 musty and mold smell after working 15-20 min each time.

Pool Area was nice and about 40% of rooms have Garden views. Demand garden view room or don't stay.

On the booking app it said that breakfast was included with...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

On the booking app it said that breakfast was included with the price when the hotel doesn’t offer since they have their own restaurant but the staffing was nice and gave me coupons for the misunderstanding. The room iron didn’t work and the parking lot was too narrow but overall everything was ok.

We are repeat customers.

Heater was loud.

Room was very clean. We enjoyed having a refrigerator and a microwave. The bed was very comfortable. Easy check in and check out. Beautiful grounds.We had enjoyed our stay from before, do this was our second stay.

Bad

For personal reason l have to chick out the manger refuse and he want to charge me for the whole amount and i am no satsfy , lwell complane about this and this never hapen for alot of reservatiom l made

Good for the most part, but probably won't stay here again.

Our key card kept deactivating even though we were careful to keep it away from magnets. There were random gnats in our room.

The staff was nice and the rooms were spacious.

The rooms had a no smoking policy, however the room next to...

The rooms had a no smoking policy, however the room next to us smelled so strong of marijuana that would linger into our room. I didn’t put a complaint, but expected for room service to report this so that the smoking stopped, but nothing changed throughout our entire stay. ;

The price was the only good thing about my stay.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

Both beds were uncomfortable. The room had crickets. The upstairs guests were noisy till 2:00 am. I slept maybe 2 1/2 hours. When I booked this room, I didn't pay attention and thought I was booking a room at another hotel in Fashion Valley. I wouldn't stay here again.

Front desk staff was very nice. The hotel looks old, but it's kept up pretty well. Plenty of parking and conveniently located to where I needed to go.

NO WIFI, good location. a bit noisy

WIFI is terrible. never get on line and staff said nothing can do about that. also it is close to highway so a bit noisy.

the location is very good close to everything

Great beds, excellent room and bathroom, big problem we were...

Too far away from town.

Great beds, excellent room and bathroom, big problem we were on the second floor no lift, a two story building, carrying suitcases was an issue as we had a late checkin but the manager carried them up for me. Forty dollar cab ride from the airport, should have stayed at the airport.

Great place. We will definitely stay again!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

Parking... the stalls were pretty compact. Even compact cars were parked on the lines making the parking space next to them unavailable. This caused us to have to park far from our room.

Comfy beds!

Best value for the location.

You could hear outside when people were passing. Stairs were dark and not very well lighted or marked. A strip of white or reflective material would help to see stairs better.

The registration area has a coffee machine and can be accessed 24/7. Bed and pillow were comfy. Bath towels were nice and thick.

Just spend a few extra dollars for something nicer

The front desk manager did not put forth much effort in trying to find my booking. We showed up a little early to check in and the manager, Gabriel said they didn’t have any rooms ready so we offered to come back. When we came back Gabriel then struggled to locate our booking. while still no room prepared. I was moments away from cancelling and spending extra money to stay somewhere else. The room smelled really old and stale. The check in process and room funk was enough for me to plan on never staying here again.

Free parking; price

Great stay and convenient location

The rooms are much larger than similarly priced hotels and come with TV, refrigerator, and microwave. Beds are very comfortable. And there is plenty of parking.

Not much.

Wifi was terrible... I asked the front desk, but he only says "I" should contact the network companies to have it fixed. Since it's not a buffet breakfast, everyone in the hotel has to pay additional ~$20 for each breakfast.

Not much... The only reason I've made a reservation is because it's Ramada, but the hotel was not that good as I expected.

Overall nice place to get away at a good price

I didn't like the pool , it looked clean but Went in it , then got eye infection within hour Of swimming it in. It needs to be cleaned

We like the beds and location of hotel easy to find and lots to go do in area.

A taste of New Orleans in San Diego Ramada.

No sign @ street level, other than restaurant sign; requested room w/tub several days before, upon ck in no tub, smaller/ older room accommodations than previous stay @ Ramada, NOT enough spare outlets (bathroom was the only one). Restaurant could use a slight makeover (freshened up a bit), slippery floors in bath (when wet, be sure to put down towels.

Easy freeway access, front desk courteous, easy parking, nice furnishings, quick response from maintenance to reconnect tv,microwave/fridge (was unplugged at arrival.) Friendly staff @ restaurant. Food/restartaurant was interesting as it had a New Orleans flare. Bar/Restaurant (Proud Mary's) provided a happy hour from 4-6. We split the fried chicken dinner & the shrimp & crab appetizer(happy hour $6/reg. $9) Drinks were delicious (Rum slush punch w/mint) (Happy hour $4/ $5 for vodka cranberry). Dinner portions were good size.($18.99) Pool & spa were clean & accommodating. Pool towels provided.

It was ok.

The beds were hard and the bathroom needed some repairs. The shower head leaked and was rusting, the drain cover needed to be recaulked. Restaurant hours need to be better advertised

We were very pleased with the service.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

The "handicapped" rooms were depressing.

The staff went out of their way to get us the room that we wanted. I was very impressed with their dedication to excellence.

Good hotel vs. money if you are travelling by car
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

The Wifi was slow unfortunately, I had needed to work from my room, but could not. Wish there could have been better breakfast room, sitting in the bar was not too pleasant. Also the breakfast was not very good. I prefer having a lobby and no direct entrance to room for security reasons, but it did not cause any problem.

Bed was good, slept well. Many tv stations was good.

Keep your word charlie!
    • Business Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The manager of the property, Charlie, stated that he would refund $150 that I was charged by the property for a night I did not stay. He had yet two do do. Three wks later, he has yet to return my call!

The property was close to the freeway but you couldn't...

The room we had was very dark - there haven't been enough lights in the room. We had two queen bed and both of them have been so soft and bouncy it was almost impossible to have a comfortable sleep.

The property was close to the freeway but you couldn't hear it. Short way to get to downtown San Diego.

It was a nice stay
    • Business King Room

The price of the room went up because of summer I wanted to book another night a couple days later but didn't

The staff was great I had an issue with the sink overflowing and they switched me out into another room without out any hassle

The desk agent was polite, helpful and accommodating.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

The desk agent was polite, helpful and accommodating. I believe his name was Victor. Thank you for your great service. Friendly cleaning staff made it an enjoyable stay. Wish I had time to use the pool because it looked great.

Time to update the bathrooms !

Room I stayed in was a little dated for my taste. White tiles in the bathroom and the shower with no tub felt very old. No place to even put your soap or shampoo in the shower. The room was very clean though.

Beds were firm but nice. Pillows were nice.

Clean, comfortable and friendly staff.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

The location is right off the freeway for easy access. Plenty of parking. Easy to check out. Requested extra towels and they were delivered within a few minutes.

Comfy Ramada stay
    • Business Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

there is no breakfast and no visual to our car.

Hotel is in a good location with other hotels near by and fast food chains, room was large, clean and in front of pool area. I liked that there is a pool bathroom.

Ok hotel but not worth the price.

No breakfast included for the price. Location was right next to a busy freeway. The front desk placed us, not where I requested, but right on the side of the building facing the freeway so it was noisy. Old, but upgraded facility. Photos showed the pool but not the parking lot with the exterior doors, which makes for a more noisy stay. Tight parking stalls.

Roomy and clean room. Had a refrigerator and a coffee maker. Comfy beds. Good location near our daily destination.

15 minutes from the airport
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

The overall quality and character of the place was two star.

The pool and hot tub are nice. The pool is 8 feet deep at the deep end. We parked immediately in front of our room.

First, the Bed bugs! . Not a 3 star as advertised. Far from that. It's an old 2 star Motel. Besides the disappointment with the hotel not being in the reserved category, I woke up in the middle of the night with bed bugs attacking me. Killed 2 of them, but they left several itching marks on my arm and chest. And of course you cannot sleep well after that. It was my last night and in the morning I complained to the manager, that apologized and gave me his card to " call later to check what they had found". Why would I care to know what they found after I left? Was he suggesting the bugs were not there? He didn't seem to be surprised as well. I'm confused and disappointed with the attitude.

room was clean, grounds well kept and staff was friendly.
    • Business King Room

first night there son, who has an allergy to feather pillowsasked if hotel had and cotton pillows, clerk said he didn't know and instead of checking suggested he go to Walmart and buy himself one if he wanted to have a non feather pillow...Struck me as very rude to guest to suggest something like that

room was clean, grounds well kept and staff was friendly. Overall a good stay except for incident on first night

Price is the only issue, but it seemed fair for the area. Nice staff.
    • Business Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Hotels in the area are all quite pricey, so a dollar doesn't go quite as far here. I have more experience staying elsewhere around the country, so, to me, the hotel seemed like it should be about half the price. I suppose my major complaint is that I didn't think it was worth the money. It was a fine experience, but at the very least it seemed like it should have had a complementary breakfast. Eating at the restaurant for breakfast was ~$20/ person. The price of the hotel definitely set my expectations higher. There aren't any real complaints other than that. If you don't need to be in a specific area, I'd probably shop around more and try to get a better value for my money.

Staff was super nice. No real surprises. Restaurant great value for money at dinner time (solid live band too). Room seemed pretty quiet even on the ground floor.

Great Value

It was very close to a military airfield so it was loud in the morning. The coffee was horrible..

Our room was comfortable and clean. The shower was roomy. Nice TVs and pool was spacious. Nice hot tub. Check in and out was quick and easy. Location was easy to get to right off the highway. Great rates.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

More than good :)
    • Business King Room

The ground needs cleaning. There were towels left by the trash can at the parking lot. When we came back in the evening, the towels were still there.

The room was clean and well-kept. The hotel was near restaurants. It wasn't far from the attractions that San Diego has to offer.

Awesome place to stay
    • King Suite

Parking spaces were to small for our Tundra truck & it was packed at times. But at least we didn't have to pay for parking a lot of hotels are charging $35 a day to park for ur stay. **Could have continental breakfast even if we have to pay alittle but extra cause u don't have to drive somewhere else.

King suite was awesome .. spacious very clean comfortable mattress. Nice quality upper scale Ramada. If u like luxury this is pretty good. It's in a good place off FWY & in the middle of everywhere like old town & swapmeet etc

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

I loved how the staff called me right when I got into the...

Only thing I can say is that I couldn't hook my firestick up to the tv.

I loved how the staff called me right when I got into the room to make sure everything was perfect. Also the restaurant was amazing!

Great place

The whole place excellent, the restaurant was a great place the food first class,and they had live music as well,if you stay here make sure you go try the food and entertainment, very clean not fault anything at all

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

On my last morning at the hotel the power went out starting...

On my last morning at the hotel the power went out starting at 8 am so I could not blow dry or straighten my hair. And the staff only gave me 1 extra hour before check out time. Very disappointing

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Friday was great Saturday was a bummer
    • Business King Room

The only bad thing is that the electricity went off for 8 or 9 hours on Saturday the 14th If you didn't call the front desk you didn't know what happen

My room was right in the middle and on the second floor viewing the pool and all the girls

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

The worst stay.

The staff was super rude. Nobody knew how to communicate with us about the hotel rate. Had a discount and they told us we could use it at first then when we checked out the discount wasn't used. Absolutely horrible.

Nothing really. I did not have a good stay. Never staying here again.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

Very, very clean & pleasant.

Please fix wifi service

Very, very clean & pleasant.... we were disappointed in the wifi service... parking was excellent, coffee was great, bed was nice... check in time & check out was great... we would visit again... please fix wifi service.... thanks

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

Excellent value for a multi-day stay.

The room was very comfortable and kept clean. The staff were friendly and helpful. The value was great. I was away most of the day, and tired when I got back to the hotel, so the comfort was great, all the basics covered, no frills. When I go back I intend to stay here again.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Not for disabled
    • King Suite

The kitchenette had a pot and frying pan with no stove top to cook on?????

The room was good except we asked for a stall shower and could not get a room with one. My husband could not take a shower because there was NOTHING for him to hold on too. All tubs should have a bar to get into and out of the tub.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

More pluses than cons
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

Requested a handicap room got a room with bathtub not easy access shower. Little fridge shelf was broken & no replacement in the entire place. Requested "no housekeeping" yet they politely knocked & opened the door.

Easy reservations, easy check in, comfortable room, great air conditioning

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Will be back

No complaints

Very nice property. Clean, friendly. They have a pool and free wifi everywhere. Late check in and check out possible. Perfect for our stay.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

The bed was very comfortable

The staff were appalling. Very rude and made me feel like I had inconvenienced them. The food was quite expensive and when I left my hard drive there they said I would have to go back and pick it up. Even though I was already in New York. Unfortunately I had quite a bad experience

The bed was very comfortable

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

Overall i got a good night's sleep.

Morning staff are grumpy specially the receptionist, straight out rude.

I liked the floor to ceiling windows facing the pool and i liked the cute slanted roof.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Would stay again!!

Bathroom had very little counter space to set your stuff on. Could use more towel racks (only one, plenty room for another).

Clean room. well maintained for such an old building motel.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

We got a relaxing and funny time in Ramada.

The room did not have bath, only shower and it was small. The housekeeping was late.

We liked the room looked clean and the lay out was spaced. The hotel is located near to Japanese supermarket and restaurants. It was friendly staff.

My Stay

The shower was not meant for taller people, but I managed

Loved The Pool , and The room was very comfortable. Breakfast at the Restaurant was delish and staff was very friendly:)

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

Destination Sea World!!
    • Business King Room

There was no continental breakfast. My daughter was disappointed

The location of the room across from the pool. The pool was clean and large. The beds were very comfortable

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

Overpriced and Not Worth the Money

I was disappointed in the facility. Although the staff was courteous, the safe in the room did not work, and it became infested with tiny ants the last night. The pool had a sign warning about diarrhea, so I didn't use it. This hotel was not reasonably priced for the quality of the rooms.

Unfortunately, I can't say much to recommend this place. The location was the primary factor is staying there.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

Would return...just not on a landscaping day!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

We tried to watch a movie and they only had on demand free no new or nearly new releases. There were landscapers trimming the palms and they dropped them on our car...actually my brand new Honda Odyssey. We went outside and had to ask them to pause their work, even after they saw me go unlock the doors, so we could safely get in the car especially with our toddler. I realize they have a job to do and this is a 3rd party for the hotel hired to do this but they should be aware of the comfort and safety of guests. We would have been more than happy to move our car than to have palms fall on top of it.

Very early check in. Very nice front office staff. Close enough to Miramar to watch the jets fly, but far enough away to hear it in the room. Good serving sizes at Proud Mary's for the price. Didn't have an issue hearing other quests or showers or toilets in our room.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

Nice Stay! Conveniently located!

No Cancellation policy!! Once you reserve room, a person may cancel, however, you are still charged the price of the room, whether you stay there or not!

Clean & Comfortable accommodations! Onsite restaurant and lounge are convenient. Good food and friendly staff. Jazz band was great entertainment!!

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Outdated

Your hallway on the second floor and grounds smells pee One part of the room smells like pee too!Your washer and dryer needs updating. Hot tub is disgusting.

Victor and Charlie are helpful.

Confortable room. Spa felt good at end of day.

Leaving

Location and convenience.

It was a good stay for the money. Would recommend.

Not really updated features.

The clean bedrooms

.Bad if your hungry
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

No room service, no resurant, no breakfast

Very enjoyable

Everything was great

Very clean and comfortable and the pool

The rooms were clean and having a Small frig and microwave...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

The rooms were clean and having a Small frig and microwave in the room was nice.

My stay was amazing. We celebrated my Boyfriends birthday with friends whom also stayed here.

That I couldn’t stay longer

The bed was extremely comfortable

Easy parking, clean rooms, solid wi-fi.

Easy parking, clean rooms, solid wi-fi.

Bed is squeaky and not so comfortable

Bed is squeaky and not so comfortable Lights and charging outlets sometimes disconnected

Birthday weekend trip for fun.

There were no blankets on the bed, so it was a little cold without the heater on.

The room was really clean and smelled nice. No old carpet smell.

wifi

Good value for the price

Clealiness and comfort

Very good location,value for money.

Very good.

Very good location,value for money.

GOOD VALUE AND VERY CLEAN

Rooms very dated and location

Cleanliness of the rooms

Not worth what we paid.

The area wasn't too great.

The cleaning staff are great

Glad it is over.
    • King Suite

Staff are rude and unaccommodating

Large rooms

Bed was comfortable.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

Bed was comfortable. Room was a little run down, broken tiles around tub, etc.

Easy access to freeways

Easy access to freeways

Recommended for a place you can go to worry free

Good vibe