Reviews of Ramada Plaza & Conf Center by Wyndham Charlotte Airport 3 stars

212 West Woodlawn Road, Charlotte, NC 28217, USA

#93 of 138 hotels in Charlotte

havent gotten my receipt yet via e mail will have to call them

the rooms are very clean appears to have been remodeled in the last year or so staff at check in very nice and helpful i would stay here again it was more than i expected a ramada inn to be

The area was sketchy. I saw a couple's roaches in the bathroom. Hotel is massive & can get confusing to walk through. The atrium which looks beautiful online had no AC.

Airport shuttle service was friendly & fast. Room was a nice size. Staff were all polite. Food close by & a light rail a short walk away.

not sure of anything at all, everything was great.

The staff was very helpful and friendly. The facility was very nice and clean. We would stay again if in the area.

During the second day of my stay housekeeping didn't bother to come by my room to see if I needed anything such as trash empty more towels sheets changed

It was in a good location didn't have to drive far to get to anything that I needed to get to

• Standard Quadruple Room

My double bed room was given away and although I was given a suite with a soda bed to make up for my inconvenience ;the sofa bed wasn't as comfortable. I also didn't like there were no trash bags in the small trash cans in the room.

• Two Double Beds - Disability Access

The staff was not very helpful and the room was very dirty. Also my husband missed place his wallet during our stay and the staff didn't offer much help locating it. It never was found.

The bed was soft.

• Standard Quadruple Room

I ended up cleaning the bathroom myself because I was too tired to call the hotel staff. It should've been Clean when we got there.there was a period stain on the toilet seat. Hair and used toiletries in the tub. A ring around the tub and a ring in the toilet bowl. Just nasty. I'm still waiting for a call from management. The front desk mentioned something about points but I don't plan on returning to any Ramada because i didnt like the Miami airporr location either so it's pointless.

The proximity to the airport

Have luggage carts available. The staff had me walk around to find a cart. Carts should be collected and brought to the customer

the friendly staff and cleanliness

The front desk manger name Orlando Jacobs very disrespectful when we have Tim about breakfast that was supposed to be included one I’ll stay. And also when we informed him about the bug infestation in our rooms he also refuses to make any changes

The server and housekeeping workers were very friendly and helpful

• Standard Quadruple Room

Rooms had odor, bugs and nasty comforter. The website stated Hotel included indoor and outdoor pool it had neither. The breakfast was not complimentary.

The lobby area was nice

Restaurant is almost dead, there is a strange smell everywhere especially area connecting lobby and the the main hotel building

Free parking, fridge and a microwave in the room, comfy bed, new sheets.

• Business Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The pictures did not look like the property at all. It was hot in the conference area and the pool was not in working order. There was a roach in one of our rooms that ended with my parents being moved. The front desk manager was very rude.

Housekeeping staff were very helpful and willing to help out as much as they could.

• Standard Quadruple Room

The breakfast was included according to the booking but when we got there they had to reconfirm it. They said it wasn't included, after a while they accepted it. Sunday morning breakfast was scheduled until 11.00 am but when my friend went to ask for the breakfast order at 10.10 they said that the breakfast was until 10.00 am. The schedule was on the lobby and she showed it to the front desk assistant but the assistant insisted that it wasn't. After a while the manager called to offer the breakfast, he apologized. One of the blankets seemed to have not been changed because of food stained already on it. I called and asked for a change but they were too busy to assist me with it.

• King Room - Disability Access

Called for a shuttle after arriving at airport, waited at the pickup for an hour and no shuttle came. Had to call again and they seemed to have forgotten to send one.

Room was well-decorated, spacious, pillows were super fluffy!

There's nothing to dislike

Been staying here for about a month for work purposes and the rooms are very clean checkin is fast and hassle free! Staff is great price is right beds are comfortable!

Exterior doors weren't available for re-entry which made getting to our room with luggage a loooong walk.

Location was great and the room was comfortable.

• Business Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Booking.com gave us the option to pay cash at the site. When we got there they said they didn’t accept cash. The sheets were clean on the bed but the underskirt looked like someone has bled to death on it. When we got up that morning for breakfast we found out that breakfast was not free but that we had to pay.

The staff was Friendly

• Standard Quadruple Room

Hotel was not safe, was solicited to buy drugs twice. The security here does not do there job. The front end manager explained how easy it was to break into rooms since the magnetic key card system was old

Nice room

The place needs a makeover. The facility including all of the walls and flooring were old and tired.

The room itself was very comfortable. Comfortable bed, good wi-fi, good TV reception.

One outlet did not work properly was loose had to use power strip plugged in to another outlet to make sure medical equipment did not lose power during night. There were no safety handles in the shower and no non slip mat in the tub. For seniors who do not have good balance it was very slick and definitely presents a safety hazard.

Convenient location

• Standard Quadruple Room

The room was falling apart. Not cleaned just touched up from the last person. The bed had blood or poop on it. The shower didn’t drain. The toilet seat fell off. The towels stunk like vinegar. The peep hole didn’t work. The room wasn’t vacuumed very well for a long time. Garbage was on the walls where the garbage cans sit. Room keys stopped working after one day. Back door does let you in. Hallways are blocked only one way down to lobby. Overall this was one of the worst hotels I’ve ever stayed in. Had we not been there w numerous ppl in numerous rooms I would have left and stayed somewhere else day 1.

The sheets were scratchy.

It's possible that there weren't any people staying in the rooms near mine because I never heard anyone. There was a little road noise but the AC fan nicely covered it up.

Nothing. Do not stay here.I repeat do not stay here. They have little insects in the rooms

Bad Location, staff was unprofessional. Rooms smell like cigarettes and marijuana

I don't know, perhaps the parking area could have more lights? I did like the fact that where I closed my window sheds it was dark enough to go to sleep. Ignored words have a lighted parking lot is good as long as you can have a dark room for sleep.

I was only there for overnight in order to catch a early flight the next morning. The staff were helpful, nice, the place were clean and it was closed to the airport.

Stairways to no where that can't be reentered with key card..

The listing states breakfast included, but there was no complimentary breakfast. Front desk made excuses.

Room not clean. Bad smell on the fridge and evident spots on it. Poor maintenance also evident. at the check out poor atention.

Room not clean. I let a note to the cleaning staff and they did noften about I requested to clean up.

The bathroom was way to small.The hotels were confusing,and they were located next to strip clubs and drug stores.No breakfast.

The bed was comfortable.

The Area is very bad I went to ihop across the street and a guy in there was threatening to kill people in the restaurant the police came and took him away, there also couple bad bars that people hung out front of them and harass who ever is walking by, so if you go to the hotel at night stay inside

The guy in the Front desk was very polite and helpful he apologize for the wait and gave me an upgrade.

The room and bathroom was small housekeeping never came to give services and we didn't have a Refrigerator

The fronr staff was nice. The room was small,housekeeping never came to give services and we didn't have a Refrigerator

• Standard Quadruple Room

I cannot think of anything. Everything was very satisfactory. Really excellent for the price. A very good “value”. If anything, the temperature in the common areas was a little cool given in was a cold damp two days.

The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable.

• Standard Quadruple Room

Smell, cleanliness, employees way of treating guests and most of all, honesty.

Nothing. I inadvertently left in the room a shawl and a pillow I have to carry every time I fly as I am a stage 4 colon cancer patient. After we left the hotel (by 7:30 a.m.), we took the shuttle to the airport. It is when I had already left that I noticed I was missing something. I immediately called the Front Desk and was told that they were going to send someone to check the room, After three phone calls, guess what?? They called me to let me know that they couldn't find ANYTHING. I was expecting that answer but thought that your Hotel was more serious about items left behind. It seems it is a "finder's keeper" policy. In most hotels, whatever is found is given to the Administration. If no one claims within a reasonable period of time, they can do whatever they want with it. The reason for travelling was for an appointment with my Oncologist.

Upon checking in, the front desk clerk was rude. She took personal phone calls and didn’t answer any questions i had. Seemed to be rushing me away so she could finish her calls.

The bed was comfortable

• Standard Quadruple Room

The floor is stinking, the rooms are not been cleaned up very well, the hotel complex is very complicated together with othee hotels

The worst hotel I have ever been

We were there due to a cancelled flight and were lucky to get an inexpensive room relatively near the airport at a hotel with van service. So I don't want to give the place a bad rating because Ramada is a budget chain and we weren't expecting the Ritz. Still, the so-called cafe is pretty grim, not a place you would pick had you any other options. We managed. People at the desk were pleasant and helpful.

Not being told at check in where the elevators are and the best way to get to the rooms, there was no smoking in the rooms but it smelled like someone smoked a pack in the hallway

The size of the room was good

• King Room - Disability Access

Normally I don’t write bad reviews, however this hotel was awful. The gentleman who checked us in yelled at other employees while we were checking in saying things weren’t his job, the first room they gave us , the bed was broken and the second room they gave us, someone had went to the bathroom and didn’t flush and this told me , the room wasn’t clean or they would have noticed someone went to the bathroom and it was definitely noticeable that someone had went to the bathroom. I called and no one cleaned it.

The TV was nice, that literally the only thing that was good in this room.

The hotel seems to be stuck in the seventies. The furnituture is old and my room seemed a bit uninviting.

The staff (including the shuttle driver) was friendly and attentive. Also, the bed was very comfortable. The rooms were clean and there was standard equipment for a 3* hotel.

See above box

Orlando, at the front desk, was rude and not particularly helpful to guests needing directions. The furniture in the room was old and stain peeling. The bathroom paint was peeling and the ceiling stained.

It looks different than the picture,it wasn't that clean, the mattress was that comfortable and that they had the microwave sitting on top of the mini refrigerator the space of the bathroom

The area was prostitute and crackhead infested. The staff was very rude. There's holes in the wall and ceiling. Employees were walking around with shower caps on there heads.

I didn't have a good experience at all!!

• King Room - Disability Access

Not hot water in the sink and they did morni g when I told them about it. Hallways were dirty and spills were on the floor and were allowed to dry and were not cleaned up over 3 days

It is an average hotel.

No breakfast buffet and the gym is very small. It was work being done on the hotel when we arrived.

The front desk was nice and very helpful! But they really need to do a breakfast buffet

There was no running water and renovations in the check in area. Extremly hard to hear the staff. We got home from a day out to find we couldn't use our toliets sink or shower because the water had been shut off

• Two Double Beds - Disability Access

The hotel was a little dated in places but overall clean.

The lady at the check in desk was very friendly and so was the gentleman at check out. I liked being able to check in whenever.

This place is down right awful!!!! I was traveling alone and never felt safe one time, starting with the walk from front desk to my room was the worse, walking all way to back and going through a dark and large, empty, outdated, sketchy lobby just to get to the elevator. The restaurant was even worse!! Most empty unwelcome place, abouslety NOT appealing!!! Even the staff ageed and recommend me going somewhere else, but I was alone and was also told probably not a good idea to walk across parking lot to a restaurant. I had a rough day and had to find a hotel to stay at before going to airport next day or I would have packed up and Uber somewhere else!!!!’ Not sure how this me rating even got a 3.3...I will have to say the man who drove the shuttle bus was the nicest!!!!!

• King Room - Disability Access

Property was affordable, perfectly located close to the airport, clean and staff were very helpful even with my late check in. Would recommend to friends and family who visit or are in transit to other destinations.

• King Room - Disability Access

After i did my check in we went to the room and i was looking superficial good but it was like that just superficial clean with the dust all over and under the bed it was full of garbage and juice bottles definitely it was the dirtiest place we spend a night in a few words

I spend 1 night in this hotel before i did my check in i called in the morning and i hope they record the conversations for training proposes because the lady was super rude abd unhelpful

• Standard Quadruple Room

The TV could have been better

The beds were good and even though a bit outdated it was clean. A good bang for the buck!!! Plus airport shuttle very nice.

• Two Double Beds - Disability Access

The first room looked nothing like the photos. We moved because there was a white powder all over the floor and on the headboard and bed linen. The second room liked like the picture but had mold on the walls, water stains and smelled weird. It was overall nasty! The hotel had a weird smell in the hall. I

When you walk in to the lobby, there are 2 returns for the air system in the ceiling on the left and right side of the doors that were covered in mold or something dark. Very easy to clean but it makes me wonder if the air system is healthy for me to breathe. Ceiling in the room bathroom could use some attention, bad patch job.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The lobby is very attractive. The room was nice and bed was wonderful.

Service when we advised we needed something. We arrived around 8pm at the hotel

Did not have enough towels to take a bath. Called the front desk and eas told we just have to wait because he does not do housr calls. We never received the towels.

• Standard Quadruple Room

Vacuum the rooms would be good idea. Counsel 2nd shift customer service rep. Orlando on customer service 101 basics. I been in customer service over 18yrs. Habd on experience in Various people , place , environments , situation.etc. Rule of thumb is don't be rude or behave like "what the hell so you

Bed was fluffy like a could !!

It's very nice and very friendly, a lot of different free WiFi signals and delicious 3 dollar frozen foods in the vending machine, 2 vending machines u I can pay with a credit/debit card which is very convenient, pretty pool

this hotel is very old. the toilet is blocking and the quilt has some blood stains. it is really disgusting!! the light upon my room is flashing just like the ghost movie.

shuttle to the airport is very good

• Standard Quadruple Room

Breakfast time was way too long. We never got acknowledged and when we did place our order we never got it because after 45 mins we got up and left.

staff was very polite and professional. Hotel was very clean and comfortable

The staff bear was awful. Except for one African American young lady that worked at the front desk. Everyone else was awful even the housekeeping.

The hotel is very nice the bed was very comfortable. But the staff was extremely awful. The only person that was very nice was a young lady that worked at the front desk. I can't remember her name off hand but she's African-American young lady if she was very nice. But the general manager there and a few other people there were very mean to me and very awful to be and also the housekeeping people were very mean and they kept trying to sneak in my room what I wasn't in there.

• King Room - Disability Access

Walking to the room took a long time and the conference room lobby was literally 88 degrees, which you had to walk through to get to the rooms.

Friendly staff, comfortable rooms, good shower pressure, convenient location. it’s a good hotel if you just need a room to sleep in for a night or two.

• Business Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Air conditioning outside the room wasn’t working, whole building outside of the reception area was uncomfortably warm. Was told the main building A/C was down, which in understandable, things happen sometimes. No further issues.

• Standard Quadruple Room

No hot water in the shower! couldn't clean-up. they tried to charge me for an up-dated room that they gave me freely I didn't ask for

nice staff friendly front desk clerk

• Standard Quadruple Room

I did not like that they were having people stay in rooms that had mold in them. With me having a one-year-old that was not going to fly I made sure I brought it to their attention and they switched my room with no hesitation. The room's Furnishings were not very well done. They were done in a hurry so they could make money off people.

They were accommodating

Everything was good.

The room was nice and clean. The staff was very professional and courteous. The pool was very accessible and clear water. Will definitely stay there again. The hotel was easy to get to and very accessible to to downtown.

• Standard Quadruple Room

I had a family of 4,only thing I would have liked was the room to have been a little bit bigger.

We didn't have a chance to try out the restaurant,but it looked really nice. All staff was very friendly and checking in was easy and very timely.

• Business Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Old. Safety was a concern. Cockroach discovered in corner of room. Toilet was broken and ran all night. Shower was inadequate and Old. Knob was broken. A number of items that are unsatisfactory....too many to list.

If i were a college student, great place to get drunk with other students or for quick rendezvous with someone met at a nightclub. Otherwise not good for family.

• Standard Quadruple Room

Pool was out of order. Even after I called to make sure it was in order and the front desk even assured me at check in that it was working.

Convenience

I didn't like that the lamp in my room was broke and I didn't have much light. There were chicken bones on the floor and the bathroom was not clean enough to my liking. L

The hotel it self was beautiful and the pool.

• King Room - Disability Access

It's old and run down. There is another hotel attached to this hotel. It is more modern, clean, fresh, and much more appealing.

Location, price and that is it.

The bathroom was small. The floor smelled like sewage. The phone was broken in the room. The bathroom sink wouldnt drain correctly. The homeless people was walking the property and security was not around. The parking lot needed more lights.

The location was good.

The hotel was under construction and had a musty smell. The atrium that you walked thru to get to the rooms was so warm in temperature it was like travelling south of hell. It was advertised as having an on site lounge which was closed for renovations. There was a bistro that stopped serving breakfast or coffee at 10a.m. The hotel was obviously not full, and though we arrived at 11:30 a.m. we were not allowed to check in until 3p.m. though while checking out at 11 a.m. housekeeping staff were already cleaning rooms.

Best little raw bar in the shopping center next door.

• Standard Quadruple Room

The clerk on second shift was very unpleasant and unprofessional. I waited in the lobby for hours to get a room that I booked in advance and he could not find once I got there. ,After calling booking to re confirm and have them send over the reservation, the clerk that was on shift at that time was very wanted booking to cancel the reservation re book us at a higher because he claim he couldn't access the email. He did not care that I had a four year old child around 930p with me and that I had drove over 3 hours to get to the hotel finally around 12am. The second shift clerk clocked out while booking was on the phone still trying to reach the hotel with no one picking up the phone. The next clerk on shift was able to get the email sent from booking and book us in the room with no problem. Once inside the hotel atrium was over 96 degrees and the room was not the room I booked. The hotel the next day cancelled my room, left a note with the same clerk from the night before not to let me in my room., Which caused me to wait in the lobby another 2hours. When I asked for corporates number I was advised they have It and too google it. It wasn't till I was googling the number that he decided he could book me directly. I finally reached corporate that Monday morning, was offered no refund but bonus points. The customer service sucks.

Location was okay. Issue escalated to corporate was looked into

• King Room - Disability Access

Property was old and no AC in the public areas. A few "shady" people milling around property and was across the street from a Gentlemen's club.

Good value for the location. Only about a 15 minute taxi ride to city center.

The walk ways felt as if you where in a low temp sauna the humidity in the building was awful. The carpet in my room had stains and the electrical sockets didn't work. I couldn't plug my computer in so my work was not completed.

The bed was clean and very comfortable.

• Standard Quadruple Room

Not that it had any effect on the stay but the lobby/atrium of the hotel was extremely hot. The ac was broken im assuming because fans were in place.

• Standard Quadruple Room

The room was dirty with food stuck on the walls and floor. The TV didn't work as it was so fuzzy you couldn't watch tv. The room hadn't been dusted in a long time. Lamp shades had caked on dust. Rooms are very outdated.

We were there for three days, my room wasn't cleaned and towels were not changed. We complained at the front desk and they told us their housekeeping did note they did their job even when we showed them the pictures of the room. The room smelled old carpets wet. A.c. didn't cool enough.

• Standard Quadruple Room

The bathroom is a joke. Have to shut the door to get in the shower. No plug for a bath. Child 9 yr old had to stand and wash since no way to hold water in tub. Parking also a joke. Lot was full and girl at desk told me to park wherever, she would not tow. Who works on a pool during the summer. NO POOL. WORKING ON RECONSTRUCTION DURING SUMMER. FOOLISH

The rooms were clean and comfortable. Tv had nice selection to view

Browse Ramada Plaza & Conf Center by Wyndham Charlotte Airport traveller photo gallery