Reviews of DFW Airport Hotel & Conference Center 2 stars

5.2

5.2

5.6

• Best Available Room

Ac wasn't working properly, rooms could've been remodeled.

Convenient location close to Dfw airport also shuttle service. Laundry room, gym facility even a pool.

• Best Available Room

The bed did nit have pillows, the paper toilet had stains all over it. The curtains had stains and also the bathroo tiles. The smell was terrible, the air conditionair was not working. The staff at the desk was very rude and unpleasant. I called to ask for pillows and he told me that I´d had to go get them. Left the room at 2 am in the morning because I could not stay any longer

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Horrible smell throughout building. Never any parking. Roaches and mice in room at night. Had problems with key card the first night and even overheard complaints about mice from the guest in the room next door to ours. This "2.9" rating this site is giving it, is way too generous. I'd give it a 1.

The beds were okay.

• Best Available Room

Hotel is run down. Ceilings are ready to fall in . Furniture is old and rickety and needs to be replaced. Needs total revamp. Staff need a kick up the back side.

Reasonably close to Airport.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Everything about this room was horrible. I wouldn’t recommend this place to any1

The building looks great from the out side including pool area. Once u start walking down the hall all of that has changed it looks awful like a old run down motel. My room was very hot air didn’t work. I called front desk they sent someone up immediately but he couldn’t fix it said we have to leave the room for him to fix it needless to say I checked in after 12 am the sheet on one of the beds had a blood stain on it. The TVs do not work because they have no cable and no there wasn’t any internet/ WiFi either. Didn’t like anything about this room

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The tv didn't work, some lights didn't work, not enough soap and towels, you couldn't get in the pools, the air didn't stay cool enough, long hallways for disabled was placed on the 4th floor and they charge a hundred for a deposit. Kittens came inside the lobby it looked really unprofessional the front desk man kept lying about pool hours. Check in was tooooooo long over 20 minutes.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

This property is horrible they gave me a room the bathroom was horrible face bowel was broken tub filthy air conditioning was broken room was connected to another room and the door wouldnt lock bed had dirty garment's on it tv didnt work and the pool was peeling very bad.

• Best Available Room

Firstly when I rang to book the airport shuttle the guy mumbled so much I thought I had the wrong number. Nothing in the information about the hotel shuttle states that the shuttles only come on the hour, so I had to wait 40 minutes at 10pm at night. Once I got to the hotel they required $100 deposit (which is OK in itself) for a room that cost me $50! And there's actually nothing in the room that would even require a deposit! There room is so old and tired that it's really pointless to charge people a deposit!

I booked this hotel as an easy layover, so in that respect it met requirements. The bed was comfortable but tiny, it wouldn't accommodate a couple!

• Best Available Room

There was only clean towels on the first night. All remaining days, we were told they were in the washer. The room door wouldn't stay locked after I left out of the room. The bed was very uncomfortable and felt like it was broken because we kept rolling to the middle. There was no mini fridge or microwave. The pool and the Jacuzzi were horrible and I wouldn't dare get in them. Parking was HORRIBLE!! There should be designated parking for room guest. Separate from the paid parking to people flying out of the airport.

The property was near the airport and easy to locate.

• Best Available Room

Name it. They hit bottom and started digging. They charged me $100 per night for a room deposit and said they refunded it. Of course they did not. How can you damage a room that needs to be burned? They stopped the smoking in the place for some reason (they had a good shot at improvement with a large fire).

Yes the cockroach eggs were fluffy. I slept in the damn bathtub after I cleaned it. I don't know how you prefer yours but I had mine with a side of bed bugs.

• Best Available Room

The staff was rude. The room smelled bad. There was no water pressure in the shower. There is a $100 deposit that we were unaware of when we booked.

I like the proximity to the airport

• Best Available Room

The $100 deposit that’s NOT mentioned on the website or through booking.com prior to booking my stay. Also, I didn’t like the fact of spending my first night with NO A/C available at all. Then after sweating the entire night, it took me calling 3 times downstairs over an 2+ hour period of trying to get some help from the front desk about this matter. I also didn’t like the constant loud beating on my room door each day for housekeeping...especially they day of check out when the lady was persistent on kicking us out the room at 1130a when check out was at 12p. Argued, approached the inside of my room and would not leave until we packed up and out of the room. This was very unprofessional and rude and nothing was done to fix the issue.

The price of my stay.

• King or Double Room

NOTHING in gym worked. NONE the ice machines worked. There where roaches in the room. Trash all under the bed. Bed frames where not holding bed up right. Pools where not clean. Also they said I would get my $100 security deposit back at checkout in cash since I paid cash. Which was a lie. I had to wait 48hours to get it and in a check.

It was quiet

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Everything , there was roaches flying around the tv didn’t work the rooms were nasty the room was hot the staff was rude especially Ann .

Nothing everything was dirty and nasty

Read previous comment.

For the price of the stay,i wished that there was a little breakfast and a microwave and fridge for the price. The TV didn't work in my room and there were ants all over my things on the table. I would not come back because management didn't accommodate me. Thanks😒😟

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

it was a non smoking hotel but when we got on our floor it smelt like straight up weed. but the staff jumped on it right away to try to find out who it was

The rooms were probably the shabbiest I have ever stayed in. The towels were very worn and didn't look clean. There was nothing inviting about the room whatsoever.

• Best Available Room

Hotel was filthy and sketchy. The room was very old and overall sanitary quality did not meet any standard hotel. I noticed random hairs was in the towel. Bed sheet was not clean and lots of dusts in it. I could not sleep at all. Most of all, customer service was sucks. The hotel manager was not present all the time. Be aware this hotel. Do not spend any money. It is cheap but I would spend 56 dollar to different motel. I don’t know why DFW got a hotel value because their families and the service did not meet the hotel standards.

Hotel double charged the room fee and did not refund me. Be ware!! They automatically deducted $100 deposit when you check in. I contacted many times but I never get a chance to talk to the manager. They ripped off my money. The customer service was HORRIBLE!! I never have this experience before. It was just a nightmare. I hope they shut down.

• Best Available Room

Free shuttle never came after 10 phone calls they kept saying it was on the way. Finally had to call a Lyft and the hotel staff yelled at us when we complained after our arrival.

Nothing. Staff were unfriendly and waited for 2 hours for free shuttle

Everything!!

Very dirty and rundown! Reeaks of weed all thru the halls ... and you wonder why the deal is nonrefudable!! Avoid this place like the plague!

Ok. No mention of a deposit when the reservation was made. $100 deposit is required. The indoor pool was inaccessible, not sure if it was open or not. The hot tub looked gross. We chose this hotel for the pool. Our room...the door is almost wedged shut; you have to lean onto it and push to get it open from the hall and nearly pull your arm out of socket to open it from the inside. It smells. The toilet paper is just sitting on the sink cabinet. There's no holder. The bed is ok, but threadbare and obviously old. The whole place is in need of major repairs: doors in common areas, floors, pool, etc. My 14 yr old daughter said, "You can tell this used to be a really nice hotel." Very disappointing.

I didn't like much about this place. Honestly, I'm sitting here trying to decide what I did like. Well, the bed is ok. The water pressure in the shower is ok. The shuttle service to and from the airport was great! Very convenient for our needs.

Run down look. Seemed not cleaned. A number of items needed repair. Outlets, appliances, lights, etc. No breakfast. Not even coffee or juice.

Location to airport

• Best Available Room

Property run down and old, Staff not too friendly, not coffee maker or mini bar, need to put 100.00 deposit in order to check in, phone did not work in the room

none about this hotel

• King or Double Room

It is the worst hotel dirty bad service management real bad!! never stay there again they stole my personal items and they never return told me they cant not do nothing about very bad experience.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The place looks like it used to be amazing but they obviously have little interest in proper maintenance and repair but you get what you pay for and the price was great on short notice.

• Best Available Room

This hotel is so old and smells terrible. I was in the room maybe 5 minutes and was already becoming stuffed up and had itchy eyes. We checked out 10 minutes later and found a different place to stay.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

THE hotel rooms are dirty walls dirty. The room we had the whole door handle fell off. Staff refused to give us wash clothes kept saying there was none.elevators were dirty an moved super slow. It's not worth 1.00 unless your taking a prositute there or your a homeless crackhead. When u use the bathroom an flush rooms smell like sewer!tub was dirty. I'll never book there again! The worst exp in Texas! No refrig or mircowaves either.

Nothing horrible hotel

• Best Available Room

The $100 "security" deposit, requested cash but I used a card, was a joke. They made me sign a document that had fuzzy language about not stopping the $100 payment if they didn't credit the card. And the list of "fines" posted right on the front desk for everything from pets to opening windows, from $75 to $125. Not to mention the "security" was absent. All the doors around the hotel that required room key access were open to the public. Always. People sitting and hanging around, reminded me of a Greyhound bus station in a slum. Being panhandled for money and rides INSIDE the hotel and parking lot? Give me a break. DO NOT STAY HERE.

Leaving.

• Best Available Room

No microwave oven, room attendant took our towels and didn't give us new ones, expensive deposit, room has some damage and you have to report it to the front desk so they won't charge you

Cheap

• Best Available Room

The remote control was dirty and I'm not sure if the room linen was changed recently. I entire floor had an entire musky smell.

The extra sofa in the king room. I was able to lay out my clothes and prepare for my early departure.

• Best Available Room

Everything. There was not a lock on the door, the sheets and blankets was nasty, shower was black. There was women in mesh clothing and looking there profession was less than professional. There was drugs and other things.. Also refused to refund the room rate knowing how they practice business of lying. Never again

Nothing the photos online are a lie, the man said it when he showed us a second room

The staff was so rude and the rooms were dirty. The pool was disgusting looked like it hasn’t been cleaned in forever. It’s sad bc it could be such a great hotel if the owner would take some time and fix it up and get a better staff. Also some shady people learking around the hotel and even inside.

The bathroom was updated and really a nice shower. The location was good close to where we needed to go. We liked the price.

• Best Available Room

Horrible customer service, both ladies in the front with horrible attitudes, very nonchalant, had no initiation to help, at that when I booked with Booking.com/Hotels there was nothing stating about a $100 deposit fee for the stay. No reimbursement, nothing. I was charged, and wasn't able to get the room bc of this issue. Definitely, BAD BUSSINESS HERE.

• Best Available Room

First room, bed was used. Gave me second room. Bed was not done, no sheets or pillows. Finally third room. All that took 25 minutes. I did not like the $100 deposit upon check in. At check out one must wait till some one check the room for any damage or sign of smoking before returning your deposit. I felt very uncomfortable they way front desk staff treat you.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was fairly cheap, but you get what you pay for. When I unrolled my towel, there was a hair in it. When I got in the shower, there was a hair in there too. Not my first option to stay at, but we had an 8 hour lay over from 11pm to 7am so we just needed a place to crash for a few hours. We got our money's worth. The gentleman at the front desk was miserable.

The hotel shuttle drivers were friendly, helpful and professional.

• Best Available Room

no breakfast, key would stop working daily, one instance there were no hand tower, one instance pillows were not arranged properly, smelled like weed inside and hallways, exterior door locks don't work, took money out deposit without consent, found hair on towels, worst was the smell of the room, funky weedy smell, weird people always walking around the building, in one instance called to get into room due to key not working, and some random guys not uniformed just showed with a master key to open the door for me and I could have thought the were clients of the hotel, very disappointed to have stayed there.

Property looks like a cheap residential motel pnve you get beyond the front desk. Not very clean or well maintained.

FREE Airport shuttle from DFW was incredibly fast. Picked up within 15 minutes of call to the hotel.

• Best Available Room

The ac in my room didn't work, all the ice machines was broken, people was slamming doors all night and the hotel could have been cleaner than what it was.

The bed was big.

It was run down. I went to 4 different ice machines without finding any ice. The air conditioner didn't work well. I felt unsafe in my surroundings.

I was very disappointed. I would have had a better stay at a Motel 6. The air in my room didn't work properly so, they attempted to change my room; however, the next room was even worse. The room smelled like mold and it was told to me that it was a suite. Lastly,While attempting to gather my thing in the middle of the night, the "security" "Ernest" was extremely rude fell in me rha I needed to hurry up bc he had other rooms to handle, yet I was the one inconvenienced in the middle of the night due to the rooms not being up to par. And when I asked to have my money back, seeing as I was highly UNSATISFIED Front desk told me NO! So now I have to fight for my money while on vacation. Horrible experience!

It's close to the airport.

The place is not very clean at all.

Nothing at all...if this place would have promoted themselves as a motel instead of a hotel, I wouldn't complain about the condition.

• Best Available Room

Old dirty falling apart. Scraping value without much observable maintence.

It’s a great property which someone should upgrade or refurbish to an acceptable level. It’s gonna cost a lot, but location and this hotels bones would seem to justify such an effort.

See above

When I checked in my room, there were no pillow cases on the pillows, not a single towel in the room, the dresser was missing a drawer, the sheets had some kind of creamy substance on them, and the curtains were filthy. The entrance of the hotel looked very nice, then I walked into the hallway to the rooms and it got worse from there. I will not be staying there again and I will not be recommending this place to anyone I know.

Everything is on the run-down,dingy/dirty side. Not able to control the temperature of the room. Shower hot and cold was reverse. Light in room wouldn't turn off - I had to disassemble the light fixture and unscrew the bulb.

• Best Available Room

The hotel reeked of marijuana. The parking was a nightmare. The room was dirty. You could see they didn't clean well. And there was long hairs in the shower and sink from previous people.

Very cheap. Loose ceiling tiles all over the place. Flickering neon signs. Inconsistent housekeeping services. Heater didn't work. Burn holes in the carpet. Bathtub was all peely. Couch was caved in.

Very cheap. Lot's of great amenities like putt putt, a couple pools, a decent selection of excercise equipment. The staff was helpful and easy to deal with.The bed was reasonably comfortable and the premises was quite clean. Saw no cockroaches or other pests.

The front desk clerk was very rude wouldn't give me her name & she refused to answer any questions! VERY POOR customer service skills

I loved the scenery inside the lobby

• Best Available Room

The door to our room didn’t lock, the toilet was cracked, the bath looked like someone was murdered in it, and the chairs in the room were stained. And that’s not the mention the ridiculous look of the hotel, it reminded me of the shining.

• Best Available Room

Toilet was dirty, towels was dirty, their was something already broken in the room, no refrigerator, ice machines was not working look like for years

• Best Available Room

I'm sure it used to be a beautiful hotel 20 years ago but it needs to brightened up. It is very dark, very outdated and very tired looking. But for $50 and just a place to sleep for a few hours it met my needs.

We arrived at 10pm and left at 6:30 a.m. If I were spending any time in the town, I would not stay there. They had very nice statues in the lobby but the furniture, the paneling the darkness was depressing.

The service and after everything i went through the 3 nights i was there they only offered to give me 10% off one night

I didnt like anything, bad experience overall I will never stay here again. Everything is ran down, to top it off you'll be sleeping with bed bugs. I was drenched from head to toe with bug bites. No complementary anything. The ice machines don't work and there was blood all over the curtains slattered all over. I had to move rooms 4 times twice at 1am in the morning. Total nightmare i'd rather slept in my car 😠💩😭

that it was a very old building, the halls were dirty, the room was dirty, the staff was unprofessional.

the location is good in contrast to the airport

• Best Available Room

Our room light didn’t work and our bathroom was dirty. The room smelled a bit musty, and there was a random dresser with no drawers incapable of holding anything except disappointment. Speaking of disappointment, the “view” - was of the hotel lobby. Nothing like starting your day by looking out the window to neon lights, a mini putt course that’s not of use and a seating area that looked like a doll house. We ended up changing rooms because the first room was locked even with our use of the key. The coffee was terrible, and why was the the coffee maker in the bathroom anyways? Also why does the elevator close so slowly, it has one job.

The receptionist was very sweet, and accommodated our allergy needs. Personable and professional. Someone left an iPhone charger in the room so that was a for sure plus! The airport shuttle staff was nice and even went off duty after our flight was delayed to help us get to the hotel.

• Best Available Room

It was filthy, tub backed up water every morning, woke up to a cock roach in the bathroom. Hair dryer was cracked, shades on the lamps were bent and mismatched. Staff at front desk was very rude.

Everything.

Not a thing. It was nasty, smelly, prostitute's going in and out. Roaches crawling around, blood stains on the floor and curtains, everything looked horrible.

• Best Available Room

Very bad experience. They charge a $100 security deposit even if you are paying with a credit card. For the crappy rooms I don’t think a security deposit is appropriate. Maybe if you’re paying cash but not even then in my opinion.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Don't buy off booking because it is a 100$ more once you get there if you bought it at the facility you would pay less like 80+ dollars lesd

There are prostitutes that hang around rooms are cleaning but nothing else it looks run down there got fun wasn't even working

• Best Available Room

The room was dirty. The telephone did not work so I couldn't even call the front desk to complain. The shower looked like it had not been cleaned in days. The van took us to the airport in pleanty of time to catch our flight but upon return it took us almost 2 hours to find the van and get a ride back to our car. The staff was very rude when we tried to find out where to get picked up. When they told us to just call when we got to the airport and we would be picked up that is a lie. First you have to find where the van does their pickups which in our case was about 1/4 mile from where we got our bags. My husband is disabled and it was very difficult for him to walk that distance.

There was really nothing to like.

• Best Available Room

Television wasn't clear. Room had an odor. Furniture was worn out. Stains on the ceiling. Staffing wasn't friendly. No breakfast. Looks better on the outside than the inside.

Poor Management and Staff

The 1st room was so dirty, lights weren't working,and had roaches. After complaining, we were moved to another room.In the new room,apart from the foul smell,the bathtub had stagnant water,and the entire bathroom was not functional.We complained again,and didn't get any response. We were to spend 2 nights, but had to checkout after an horrible night.The staffers were highly unprofessional, unfriendly, and confused especially the lady on the front desk in the morning of Sunday 28th January 2018. I decided to put a call across to the hotel management on Monday 29th January 2018 to lodge a complaint but the male that answered the call was rude and insulting. I think dfw hotel and conference center is a fraud.

• Best Available Room

1st nite ok, cold in rm. 2nd nite arr 11:30 pm, tired, had to go to bthrm & key didn't work. Desk clerk didn't apologize or say why! Heat in rm didn't work had to sleep in coat! Will never stay here again or use Booking.com again! Couldn't tell when booked that it was no cancel, no refund! Horrible!

The bed was ok.

Everything. Staff rude. Smells like marijuana everywhere. I've machines don't work Have to walk around the entire building just to find ice. Yes we filled up our ice chesh even though it says you're not supposed to. I'm not walking a damn mile to get ice. The bathrooms were disgusting. There were bugs and mice. Smells like piss on the lower levels. Was locked out of our room for a good 30 minutes because the box died at 1am. Never again will I stay here.

Absolutely nothing.

• Best Available Room

There were stains on our sheets, the carpet was wet and smelt like mold, the bathroom was filthy and infested with roaches and that when you turned on the bathroom light they would scatter, all of our lamps were unplugged and some didn't even work. We will never stay there nor would we ever recommended this hotel to anyone!! Such a waste of money!

Nothing, this hotel is absolutely horrible.

• Best Available Room

Décor in lobby and foyer needs to be lightened up. Wasting a great seating area with all the dining tables. this area could be made for seating talking and someone who wants to study on computer on a sofa or a couple of cafeteria chairs and table. Like Barnes and noble. BUT BASICALLY VERYGLOOMY. The facilities staff have improved in the evel of cleaning. Rooms have improved in cleanliness over the past few visits. The room was missing a microwave, the next was missing the fridge. If you want me to c ome in and help you stage with a few quick fixes Reagrds

Rate was low. Clean enough to live in. Free Convenient Parking

• Best Available Room

The management was very rude and disgusting after I explained I saw a rat going down my curtain after getting out of the shower. Their attitudes towards the matter was nonchalant and I was offered another room to see the rat again but never an apology.

• Best Available Room

I feel like the hotel shouldn't have a cancelation fee . the rooms are OK , the halls are nasty and the lobby and halls have a bad smell and dirty .

The rooms where OK and the staff was nice

• Best Available Room

Everything. especially having to pay 100 dollars for a roach infested room.

Hotel had roaches in it. One was in side the bed. and a roach bed was in the bathroom. Pubic hair was on the side of the bed. But very roach infested.

• Best Available Room

I was not made aware of the $100 deposit until I arrived to check in. This information was no where on the booking site, not in my confirmation email etc. Because I did not have the $100 I had to wait and additional almost 4 hours to for my friend to arrive and luckily had the funds to cover this. The place was falling apart holes in walls dirty and just disgusting

Nothing really

None of the ice machines worked or the one that did had no ice, on site restaurant was closed and surrounding restaurants that were open at 10:45pm only had drive up service. I didn't have a car so I had to pay the shuttle driver to take me through the drive-thru.

I liked the price and shuttle from the airport. We needed a place to stay until the road conditions were better so our friend could pick us up. This was a last minute booking.

• Best Available Room

The transients in the hallway, no running water, my car was broken into and everything was stolen. Oh and the three fire alarms that went off while I was sleeping don't stay here you will regret it believe me

Shuttle to the airport

• Best Available Room

Everything, I had to pay extra for a microwave and refrigerator in my room and there was a roach in the microwave. When I called the front desk and informed them that my rags and cups were missing they told me I could get some more tomorrow. I NEVER GOT THEM!!!!

The bed was made daily but they removed the rags and towels that were used and took the cups and I never got them back!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Old carpeting in hallway,bathroom walls dirty,bath shower is poorly caulks,found roach in my room n told the staff to get exterminator,the hairdryer was broken or not working and the staff brought another hairdryer but the cord was cut and reattach with electrical tape with another plug in cord which looks like its belong to a lamp.I Will not recommend anyone to stay there.

Price n location

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

I hated everything

It was dirty and smelled bad and questionably people also roaches in the room do not stay here also they did not refund us our money

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Scam that you have a non refundable payment made thru booking. Then you arrive and scamer for 100bucks as a deposit. Be warned ,I wasn't

I liked that it was close to hwy so my departure was as quick as possible

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

• Best Available Room

No water in the room No even vending machine for the water on the floor. Need to get a water at the lobby. No refrigerator. Stained tower. Toilet looks it was stuck sometimes. Bath tub is dirty. No spa i thought.