Reviews of Ramada by Wyndham Flagstaff East 3 stars

2350 East Lucky Lane, Flagstaff, AZ 86004, USA

#55 of 63 hotels in Flagstaff

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Economy rates... they do not skimp on the amenities!!

A small mention there are 2 Ice machines that I could find and they were both on the 1st floor ...coming from the 3rd in the middle of the night was a little less than convienent. Suggestion: additional ice machines to the other floors :)

When your traveling for work..its always nice to find a hotel that provides some of the comforts of home...the beds were very comfortable..we did not have a bathtub in our room... BUT when I pulled the curtain...a rainbath showerhead ..nice touch... Also I do have to mention that the night front desk guy...sorry I didn't get your name..was awesome!! Side note: my bf is a trucker..we arrived way after 10pm and made the reservation online 10 minutes before arrival . .so I walk in the door and before I even asked for a room closer to the truck ..he was already taking care of this...bonus!!!

Pets allowed is the only good thing about this hotel.

Location, security, view, staff.

The only thing I liked about this hotel was the fact that they allow dogs. I was transporting two dogs for a rescue organization.

Not happy

Alot of people working on stuff outside. Front desk clerk was not friendly at all when we checked in.

Really nothing we left earlier then we wanted to .

Well the parking is horrible I waited over an hour to be...

Well the parking is horrible I waited over an hour to be able to get my car out of a parking spot. Because the parking was so tight. When I got there I didn’t have the room I reserved and there were additional fees that were not included on the initial booking that I reserved.

Staff was friendly, near gas station shop, and Denny's.

When we had breakfast they ran out of some of the stuff and could not replenish it.

Staff was friendly, near gas station shop, and Denny's. In all was not bad

Good beds

There was a hole in the rest room ceiling and the restroom door was hard to open and close

The bed was nice to sleep on. There was enough room to move around in.

The bed was comfortable and the room was clean.

The building was old, I had to put a towel under the door as there was a big opening, the cold came in. The pool was under maintenance and the gym was extra small.

Good value for our short stay over

The light in the bathroom was a heater bulb. Had to leave it off to use the restroom and take a shower because it felt like an oven in there

Good value for our short stay over

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Great overall but change your breakfast tables. Families of 6 go there too.

I didn't like the breakfast area. Don't get me wrong, It had good breakfast, but my family couldn't sit all together cause they only had a round "public table" that was about 2 feet of diameter. It had 4 chairs but what you'd was it if all for people fit cramped up with their Padres on that tables. Most of them were like that. The other ones were on the window ( 2 tables total but seperate section) but they were still small for a family of 6. Had only for maybe 3 or 4 people to sit on comfortable on that particular table. I'm sorry but this is the 1st hotel that I've been where the tables are too small to sit and eat. Also the counter clerks need to have a little more training on knowing the area they work at and definitely the popular sites in our around the city. We went to go look at the grand canyon and I just need to ask the counter clerk how far from the hotel (flagstaff) was the grand canyon or which route would be better to get and she answered me "I don't know. I've never been there. I'm the worst person to ask". The counter clerks are never the worst persons to ask. They should be one of the best persons to ask questions like that. I just suggest better training on the clerks on knowing their surroundings and the popular sites people tho and stay at the hotels. I think that's just common sense ans good customer service.

I liked the area. Close to retail/ food stores and restaurants, fast food too. Good breakfast food. Good WiFi. Didn't really lose signal. Great weather. Good staff overall. Nice looking building. Liked the shower features and that out had a fridge and microwave. Came in very handy since we had to bring in food

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Ramada Flagstaff

It's being remodeled but it did not inconvenience us.

Staff was friendly, room was clean, beds were comfortable and the bathroom was nice. We also thought the red doors were awesome. The breakfast was very good and had everything we wanted. The price we paid for a room was half of what we paid for every other hotel we stayed in on this vacation.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Not So clear.
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Not So clear.But they are responsible! when we show them some problem about our stay, They refunded the rome cost to us. I believe They will improve! Clear and safe are most importent issue for hotel.

Good location to see the Grand Canyon / meteor crater / bearizona etc lots of places to eat around

Was in a good location property is being renovated. If you are staying upstairs you will have to carry luggage up staircase so older people may have issues but we would stay there again.

Perfect for a night

Front door locked after a certain time. Only staff could get in. But guests could use all other doors.

Close to freeway. Super friendly staff. Room was comfortable for my family. Have a 1 year old and 11 year old. Bed was very comfy. Breakfast was great. WiFi was fast. Welcomed my pet. Lots of grass for pet business.

Room was good size in an older property. Worked well at a good price for what I needed.

Parking lot is in the process of being re-surfaced, created a very rough surface to drive over and caused damage to my trailer

Good location right off the freeway, but no discernible freeway noise while in the room. Comfortable bed and good sized room. Especially liked the rain shower head in the bathroom, but no tub.

Nothing. Notice should have been given of poor condition when booked. Low rate does not justify unsafe conditions.

We had a recently remodeled room, powder room area of the...

Due to the ongoing remodel we had lots of debris in the parking stalls near our room, causing us to park further away in an unfamiliar area. The breakfast was minimal, and the muffins and pastries were stale.

We had a recently remodeled room, powder room area of the bathroom was small but clean and in good condition. The desk staff on check in and checkout were friendly and helpful.

Room was very clean, shower was amazing, pool looked inviting weather did not permit
    • Queen Room

Air conditioner kept cycling every 5 minutes and shutting off and the bathroom light kept randomly turning on all night

Bed was nice, pillows were soft, and they still had smoking rooms

• Queen Room

The bathroom light on our room kept randomly turning on at all hours of the night

Did not have time for breakfast but it smelled amazing and there were many happy people enjoying it, staff was filling everything promptly and doing amazing die to a high volume of guests that morning, regular guests and tour buses

A good stay, ideal for a stop over.

The plugs were broken and taps leaked a bit in the bath & sink. Ice machine was a bit far away but no big deal.

The breakfast was great, had a fridge and microwave in the room. Great view of the tree covered mountains, car parking was close. Price was good. Stayed 1 night as a stop over. Overall it was worth the money paid, didn't expect luxury. But it had everything we needed and more.

Really Clean and Comfortable

There was only 1 roll of toilet paper, for 2 adults, 2 nights. We were busy and forgot to make a trip to the front desk for more, so used the facial tissue.

VERY clean and comfortable, perfect location, we had drinks at Outback and walked home in beautiful weather. Great stuff on the tv to watch. 24 hour coffee at front desk!!! Coffee and refrigerator and microwave in the room. We liked that we could smoke outside the room and there were cigarette disposal stands all over . Quiet, so we slept amazing. Would go back in a heartbeat.

Was not impressed at all.

There was no shampoo, only 2 bottles of lotion. Not enough towels in the room for 4 people. Construction trucks and equipment all over. The hotel staff knew they were full, but did not prepare the breakfast in quantities to accommodate the full hotel. You could either get your sausage, but no eggs. Later when the eggs were finally finished, there was no sausage. The breakfast did not accommodate those with Gluten/carb issues. Very little fruit was put out.

Staff was rude, not enough food or towels.

The staff and customer service were terrible. Blow dryer kept tripping the GFI. Staff was unwilling to repair. Ran out of food at breakfast. Ran out of towels. Staff stated that they are only given a certain amount of towels per day and that they had completely ran out leaving no towels for our family on the second day. Staff was very rude, uninterested in customer service and in accommodating. Most of the reviews online state the same and I was hoping that management had addressed their staff’s customer service based on the reviews but obviously have not. Would not stay here again.

Rooms were ok. Recently renovated and mostly clean.

It was a 2 hour drive to page, which was worth it for all the views. Great stops along the way.

Didn’t realize they were in the middle of renovating so the parking lot in front was full of furniture.

The bed was extra comfortable, made us feel like we were at home.

never could get wifi and remote only worked to tv off and...

never could get wifi and remote only worked to tv off and on would not change channels. Other than that nice stay for me. Pool stayed locked way past opening time, had to ask at 4 pm for it to open.

Very Poor

I wanted to share our experience of the day. I have listed below my experience with hope that you would consider it and would take required action so that no other guests gets into trouble like we had. We reached hotel around 9:00 pm on Saturday, May 19, 2018. . We called hotel reception to confirm that we will be checking in little late as we are traveling from page, az, and will get late. We also checked about room and made sure that it’s ready for us. When we reached hotel, we had hard time finding parking as they don't had sufficient space. Then the room keys were not functioning so we had to follow with reception guy and get it fixed after 20 min. Then as we stepped in restroom, we saw that water was flooding all over the room. I was about to slip but some how managed. Misery does not end here,next the sink in room was blocked. Water was not passing and tap was also broken. We checked with reception guy if we can get another room but he behaved so rudely and said there is no other room and if u don't like then You can leave. It was cold and me being pregnant and tired had a hard time as I have to keep rushing to restroom all night in that flooded bathroom.Reception guy cleaned it but it kept flooding. I managed to take pictures, so that u can refer and take required Action

It was okay except for the shower, need additional chair in the room for other guests and the price
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The refrigeration was not working properly or maybe I just didn't know how to operate it. I would set the timer, but then the AC would turn on but only last 30 seconds to a minute then shut down. Also the shower is ridiculous because of all of the water flow into the toilet area and into the prep area of the bathroom.

The beds were okay, you needed an extra chair for my partner when we watched TV.

Great value, friendly staff, quiet and clean.

Crowded breakfast area shared with hurried tour bus folks pushing their way around grabbing food.

Great breakfast, comfy pillows and bed, quiet and clean.

The room and breakfast were modest, nothing special. Beds were comfortable & room was clean.

One of the door locks was missing and the building looked run down (paint peeling). Household staff knocked on the door at 8:30 am check-out was at 11 am. Woke me up.

The room was clean and the beds were comfortable.

The price suited the condition of the motel.

There was a bit of garbage laying around the parking lot that could have been picked up. The laundry room could have been cleaned as I'm sure we weren't the only ones needing to use it. We ended up going to a Laundromat and found a nice Italian restaurant beside it.

This motel is being updated, so in a few months I'm sure will be better looking.

Soft bed, Nice room.

Trash underneath stairs, poor quality breakfast, staff was incredibly unprofessional. There were guests in the parking lot with a fire pit, which seemed very strange.

Soft bed, Nice room.

The rooms were nice, clean, and a good size.

There was some road noise throughout the day, but not too bad.

The rooms were nice, clean, and a good size. Perfect for a couple nights over the weekend. It was fairly quiet, there weren’t a bunch of people.

Comfortable stay, attentive and courteous staff!

Under renovation but they are doing their best to make sure their guests are comfortable during the process. Some of the walk ways can be a challenge, but being patient and considerate knowing the changes will improve the property in the long run makes it tolerable. Also, breakfast crowds were huge during my stay due to a large tour visiting. The manager did recommend Denny's and said that they will offer a discount if I mentioned I stayed with Ramada.

Easy check-in, friendly and attentive staff even with late check-in arrival, which was no issue. Room very clean and comfortable. Free and open parking. Free internet. Complimentary continental breakfast. Denny's gives a discount for staying at this hotel. Easy access from freeway, but lots of hotels in a row as well as a couple of restaurants and gas stations. Super easy back to the freeway.

Ok

Remodeled but lacked finish. Dirty doors, drapes not finish partly hanging down and hard to get privacy, door jams unfinished. This complaint because if it was remodeled not the best.

The front desk

Mediocre.

The hotel was under construction, the pool closed, the fitness facility did not work, it was dirty and the workers were awful.

It really was a poor experience. We booked for four people and consistently only got two towels.

Okay but they will need to step up their game

Staff was about 2. Used shampoo bottles in bathroom. Rooms were not super clean and toilet was loose on the floor. Going through remodel but that being said the rooms could be cleaner

Location is good

I stayed two night at the property which was recommended to...

There is nothing I can think of here.

I stayed two night at the property which was recommended to me by a friend of mine who had stayed there previously. I was not disappointed. The room was pretty good with plenty of space and a mini refrigerator. The cleanliness level was superior. I will be coming back in the future and would definitely recommend. Thanks for a great stay.

Comfortable Bed and clean room, plenty of parking space and...

Small variate of breakfast items. Due to large tour group in the morning, we have to wait 30 minutes to get some hot tea.

Comfortable Bed and clean room, plenty of parking space and close to main road.

Experience was somewhat disappointing and not good value for money compared to similar properties.

Room location - view out of the room was to a brick wall of an external dark, tunnel-like walkway where smokers amassed. Only access to upper level rooms is via an external staircase(s) and room lamp was broken so not useable. A lot of rubbish around the property and under stairwells etc. - property overall requires maintenance. Would not recommend this property unless it was as a last resort.

Bed was comfortable and good, spacious shower.

We reserved a room and put in we had a dog but when we got...

We reserved a room and put in we had a dog but when we got there all the easily accessible rooms were taken and we had to haul bags etc up steep stairs and cracked walkways. We ended up facing a busy street and listening to trains.

Good price nice bathroom, bad housekeeping.
    • King Room - Smoking

The room was dirty, there was mold or something on the headboard by the mattress guess that what 60 bux gets you in flagstaff

Good breakfast hot fresh good!

Just okay is the only way I could describe our stay. This Ramada Inn would not be my first choice.

The microwave trips breaker most of the power went out in the room until the Staff was able to reset the breaker. There were no eggs at breakfast. The room could have been cleaner there was hidden dirt and trash in the room. The first room we were given was still occupied.

The room was clean. Breakfast was adequate. Staff was attentive. My bed was comfortable.

It was Better than I expected for the price

It was actually a little better than I expected. The room looked like it was remodeled but there where some minor cosmetic issues. The main thing ja that the room was clean and the bed was comfortable

Good time, we got what we paid for.

the window coverings where a little hard to close. The rooms look a little run down, but not enough to make me not stay there again.

The stay was very comfortable, this is not a 5 star hotel, so don't expect that. Over all we where very pleased with all the accommodations. The room had a microwave and a small refrigerator. Compared to other properties we have stayed in I prefer this because of convenience. The breakfast was sausage patties, bagels, different kinds of cereal and waffles, it also had some pastries for the sweet tooth.

Cheap place to stay. Beds didn’t feel clean.

The rooms seemed dingy and unclean. The beds sheets appeared to be clean but you could see the stained pillows through the sheets. I will not be staying there again. Not a lot of places for my furry one to potty.

The price was nice very conveniently located of the 40. Staff was nice. No train noise. Bathrooms were clean. They did allow dogs.

All in all the stay was ok....

The light fixtures next to the bed didn't work, we had to carry our bags up 3 flights of stairs and there was pizza left in the mini refrigerator from a previous guest.....

Bed was comfortable

Ramada in Flagstaff

The room was very old and outdated. The room was also very small and cramped, and the air conditoning wall unit didn’t function as desired - just pumped out hot air. The bathroom is also small and had a strange smell. Also, they allow pets for a small fee, but there is no place for them to walk around (no grass, no yard).

There was not much to like about this hotel.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

A pleasant stay, Very quiet, and Comfortable.

My fiancé and I came for a family event. The room was really nice with 32” flat screen tv, comfy pillow top bed , Room was clean with no bugs and im really big on making sure i dont see any. Overall for sure worth the rate , We forsure will be returning ❤️

Old property not worth. Breakfast was unacceptable. No much veg options. Scrambled eggs were WORST

Old property not worth I spend. Not cozy feeling v dull. V little light in rooms. Power room big of no use.

Nothing much it's name is what attracts customer. Location is good.

Very clean room, great customer service, close to great eating places, close to interstate.

The breakfast was okay, but would have liked some eggs to go with the sausage patties and would have liked whole wheat breads. Overall, enough fruits, pastries, cereal, coffee, waffles to fill anyone up!

Location was near Cracker Barrel and Outback Steakhouse and Denny's. The receptionist at the hotel was extremely nice and helpful and courteous. The lobby area was quaint yet clean, with a small amenities store where you could purchase any items you forgot.

Great Wi-Fi

No Elevators to second floor No eggs for breakfast, since you asked...... Front office was cluttered, needs painting... Didn't see a business center

Great Wi-Fi Room was very clean

Comfortable room. Fair breakfast. Poor fitness center. Booked through you to earn $25 bonus.

The exercise room or fitness center was very poor. The bike was broken. There were 2 treadmills and no other pieces of equipment. The TV would not work.

The bed was very comfortable and the pillows were the best ever. Breakfast was rather simple and seemed to be cleaned up 10 minutes before closing.

The only complaint I have was that on one of the mornings of...

The only complaint I have was that on one of the mornings of my stay a staff memeber started leaf blowing early in the morning and woke my entire party up when we had just arrived late the night before but besides that the stay was great!

Dong stay here

Internet is free and worked fine

First they gave me a room that was already occupied. I was shocked to see someones bags on the bedwhen i opened the door. How do you screw that up? They gave us a new room, which had a dirty towel hanging on the door. That was probably missed during room cleaning. Bad.

Dirty room and unprofessional management

We stayed in Ramada Flagstaff 2 nights from 25 to 27 September. After a 20 hours of travelling from Mexico we planned to visit the Grand Canyon area so we choose this hotel. Around midnight we arrived but in our bathroom there was no water at all. We informed the receptionist who provided us another room. So packed again and put our clothes on and went to another room where the toilet was fully choked and full of dirty pieces not to mention the curtain and in general the cleanness of the room. We informed the receptionist again to give us another room but she did not fulfil our request. However after 20 minutes of waiting somebody arrived and repaired the toilet but the dark pieces stayed in the toilet. We asked a reimbursement of one night of our two but they refused it. The offer was 20% discount but we did not accept it. Next day we talked to the manager who promised a feedback for the evening. When we arrived back to the hotel the receptionist did not know anything about it. When checking out we asked the receptionist to call us with the news but the answer was that he is not allowed to call an international number. We arrived to visit the Canyon area with strict schedule so we did not have time to call the hotel later. There is no feedback at all from the hotel so far. This is what we can expect from Ramada. Their approach is very far that we call service.

Was Spontaneous trip. Very Comfortable.

Walls were thin, people were talking outside, upstairs, footsteps could be heard. Breakfast, no eggs, or bacon. Just sausage, which I don't like.

Bed was comfortable.

Slept like a baby in the bed, very comfortable.

the shower did not work... got up in the morning to take a shower and it would not turn on. My husband and I tried everything. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out a bathtub shower. Washed my hair in the sink. Told the front desk right away. Called the hotel 3 times after we got home, and never did find out about the shower issue, but they did refund some of our money on the last call, (which tells me something must have been wrong with it).

Slept like a baby in the bed, very comfortable. quiet.

Poor

Hotel was dirty, out of date, and smelled of smoke. the cost of a night was double what we paid for any other hotel on our trip. We usually stay at a La Quinta because they are very pet friendly, and are clean and recently remodeled.

Would not bother to stay again. Very disappointed.

Rooms have seen better days and the air con and extractor fan in the bathroom need updating. Noisy and potentially dangerous. The breakfast area is far too small for the size of motel - could not get in due to the number of guests on the second morning.

Beds were comfortable and shower worked well.

Pathetic

The pillows are pathetic lumps and only 3 per bed for 4 people, only 3 towels and 2 face cloths for four people, the doors in the bathrooms don't fit right and don't close. Over all very disappointed with this facility, not at all up to Ramada standards, in fact quite sub standard.

Don't bother here stay elsewhere plenty of accomodation in town.

Male reception staff totally disinterested on arrival. Room not able to accomodate 3 sep. beds as requested ended up booking another room at different hotel for third member of our party. Breakfast room couldn't cope with amount of guests. Don't bother stay elsewhere

Beds were comfirtable

staff was curteous and helpful when asked

breakfast had no eggs and was otherwise poor room was not cleaned after first day of stay ran out of shower towels

staff was curteous and helpful when asked convenient to highways

The beds are very comfortable.

The outside of the hotel looks rough, the paint is chipping off the building and the price for that hotel I feel like could be a little cheaper. Although the insides of the rooms are nice, clean and looks like they have been remodeled.

The beds are very comfortable.

Horrible avoid if possible.

The room has a horrible smell called the deskin they were booked solid I was told. I called 3 other hotels and all booked due move in weekend at NAU.Had no choice but to stay . Sheets didn't fit the bed pillows in poor condition, towels.Coffee maker in the bedroom didn't work the walls in the bathroom were just plain dirty , hand prints on bathroom door. The worst hotel I have ever encountered personally. The room was Not cheap $ 160 for one night.

Only the shower was nice.

Not enjoyable

Even though the rom was non smoking, the room smelled like smoke. The room is outdated and in need of some TLC. Near train tracks where it was annoying listening to the train and noise.

nothing about was good

It was good, i would stay there again.

The room was a little small for two people.but we were okay. The open shower got the toilet wet. A little strange 😊

Breakfast was great. Free too. Parking was good. Staff was excellent!

Was reasonable clean inside with comfortable beds

Smell inside the room was horrible, not even sure if that was smoke or something else, but some yaky stuff that I felt in my mouth for a couple of hours after I left. The place is a serious need for an update. The pictures on booking.com doesn't reflect hot derelict this place is, and the "artistic" wheelbarrow next to the entrance just kills it.

Was reasonable clean inside with comfortable beds

Cleaning staff was very nice and room was clean, run down,...

Breakfast is ok except for the dirty fridge - filthy handle and glass door where milk for cereal and coffee is kept....cleanliness was not their first priority.

Cleaning staff was very nice and room was clean, run down, but fairly clean.

No phone in the room!

We had no phone in the room, staff did not care. Front desk was uber clueless. The curtains didn't close, and did I mention no phone in the room? Was I supposed to google the hotel to call them and ask for towels? What about safety? I think staying at Bates Motel would have been better....

The price was very inexpensive

Not so hot!

The reservation wasn't in the computer. I had to redo the reservation. They advertise a deluxe breakfast- small pastries , cereal, waffles, and sausage. No fruit, yogurt, or eggs.

The new rooms were terrible!!! The bathroom door was very old, and the grout was old, and dirty. Hotel 6 is better, and cheaper. Dirty, Dirty Dirty!!!! What a dump!!!! the web site said good for the rating. That is not what we got. The front door was a joke to open, it took us several minutes.

Total incompetence + lack of professionalism = our stay. Stay at your own peril!

There was no working telephone in the room. One of the two lamps was broken. Old pillows on bed were totally worn out. Only one person on duty: nobody else on duty to run the entire property except the front desk guy. Other customers were complaining about raw sewage backing up on the bathroom floor. On a holiday, no less! Shows the ownership, Sanjay Patel, is incompetent and doesn't give a damn about the customers. No way to contact him, either!

Nightmare Plumbing Problems and No Compensation!

The sink backed up and the employee tried to help but couldn't. Then 5 AM the sink backed up again and flooded all over the floor. We called again and a different employee came with a mop and cleaned up the mess. He said a maintenance worker would be there at 8 AM to fix the problem. No one ever showed up. We had no bathroom to get ready in because we were afraid of water backing up. We had to brush our teeth in the tub and the stench from the sewage that was left in the sink was horrendous! To top it off the breakfast was horrible. We were told several times that management would give us a discount or comp us. Neither has ever happened. We would not recommend this dump to anyone.

The staff tried to help us but couldn't.

Old but clean rooms.

Hotel all around could use some cleaning, paint and upkeep on grounds. Better storage of maintenance equipment, it should not be left out in the open made place look junky. Breakfast area dirty and eggs/sausage were terrible. Someone should be constantly cleaning after guest messes. I always clean up after myself but others don't leaving a mess for the rest of us. Equipment should also be cleaned or wiped down. Toaster had a weeks crumbs underneath. For the price it could be cleaner but it was comfortable. At first hesitated and was afraid of possible bed bugs but night was good and no bed bugs.

Large room and comfortable. Hot water and great shower.

Great for what you pay

When I took a shower at night I had a choice between cold and cold, but this might have just been bad timing on my part as I took the shower right after two tour buses showed up. I would like to note my morning shower was nice and steamy. I was disappointed in the motel, as there was a cooler and quite a bit of empty beer bottles outside my room and it looked as it had been there for about a week. There was blood on our shower curtain, and the breakfast was lacking regular items like fruit, but the breakfast was still good.

The property is in Flagstaff, which is arguably the best city in America. They also had very comfortable beds and affordable laundry for guest. In addition, they had an amazing water fall shower head. Finally, I felt very safe at this motel.

Only if I really had to...

Not very clean. Needs to be updated. Bathtub drain had wads of hair in it. The room had a odor to it. The light switch didn't work when we entered the room at night. Walls were dirty.

Browse Ramada by Wyndham Flagstaff East traveller photo gallery