Reviews of Motel 6 Fountain Valley - Huntington Beach Area 2 stars

9125 Recreation Circle, Fountain Valley, 92708, USA

#4 of 4 hotels in Fountain Valley

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

Newly renovated, great bright colors & the decor is...
    • Queen Suite with one Queen Bed

No in room coffee maker & no night "manager" or any available direction for simple questions asked "after hours". Light switch is in the room under the TV making it difficult at best to illuminate the room.

Newly renovated, great bright colors & the decor is great! Room was clean, modern, the bedding comfortable & new. Love the flooring.

I would no stay here again, i just stayed because I took a tour that was starting from this hotel.
    • Queen Suite with one Queen Bed

Only handsoap for shower, no shampoo or gel. Bugs in the bathroom. Towel was dirty. Door of room was not able to close with lock (room 228) whick made it not very safe. Me, as a woman travelling alone, did not feel very safe at this hotel.

Pleasantly surprised !!!
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

There wasn't anything I didnt like.

This place was definitely a great deal. It was extremely clean and quiet. Being dog friendly was a bonus for my furry friends and I, also very quiet. Will definitely be back !!!

Good stay but needs further initiative to improvise
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

Telephone and air conditioning systems . Renovation going on. No breakfast . Website still says Days Inn and some navigation system does not say Motel 6.

Location and transportation as well as cleanliness . Close to landmarks

Newly remodeled.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

Construction in progress & right rooms backed up to busy freeway

Newly remodeled. Location & price we're good & staff very nice/accommodating!

people were courteous Linens were fresh and clean room was clean
    • Queen Suite with one Queen Bed

after the long drive we were looking forward to enjoying the hot tub in the pool but it continued to be locked up and close during our entire stay. That was our major disappointment

I was impressed with the remodel and the upgrades that were in the rooms. The new management team is doing a great job

I WANT A FULL REFUND
    • Deluxe Queen Room with One Queen Bed Non-Smoking

Everything unsafe, cleaness, construction, restroom not working properly and more

Cops was on the property every day during my stay time. Really hope to get a full refund on this hotel room

Fresh/Clean and fairly spacious newly remodeled rooms,...
    • Queen Suite with one Queen Bed

The only downside to this place is the freeway noise. But they sure do make up for it every other way.

Fresh/Clean and fairly spacious newly remodeled rooms, friendly staff, and pets are welcome with no extra charges!! These guys have competitive rates with a hassle free check in.... Also they have a pool and jacuzzi.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

This was a hard trip, having a pleasant place to stay made it less difficult.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with One Queen Bed Non-Smoking

A sign out on the street would have helped. I wound up driving back and forth a lot to find the motel

I remember when Motel 6 didn't have phones in the rooms and it was an extra fifty cents for television so free wireless, nice tile in the bathroom, and all around pleasant furnishings look pretty good. The office staff were very helpful and professional.

Seen a lot better from Motel 6.
    • Queen Suite with one Queen Bed

Room badly in need of upgrade. Area outside of room was ghetto, trash, bugs, freeway noise. Door to room was out of alignment and had to be slammed to close properly. Ants crawling in AC, some fleas in room.

Reasonably comfortable bed.

the location

My door wouldn't lock from the outside, for $50 more the motel would have had a hair dryer, breakfast, an ice machine and more towels. I checked the cost out!

the location

I liked the convenience of the location
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

The first impression walking into a door handle that moved, the damaged door frame from what looked like the door had been kicked in and the peep hole not having any kind of filter (it was completely open) was a little discerning. After I let go I found it was safe and glad I did because there were absolutely no issues.

I liked the convenience of the location

Used room for sleeping only.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with One Queen Bed Non-Smoking

Front door wouldn’t shut. No alarm clock. No cubbie to hold shampoo and soap. Inexpensive furniture. No complimenary lotions or shampoo. Pool area was old and dirty. Window wouldn’t opened and faced the freeway. Couldn’t control A/C.

It was fine except the early morning construction noise😈
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

They were doing construction on building right by my room. It was very annoying and they didn’t even offer me another room or a discount.it

Close to the beach.

SAFE AREA/ GOOD VALUE (CHEAPEST I COULD FIND FOR 4 ADULTS),
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

BEHIND HOTEL IS THE FREEWAY BUT THE A/C IS IN THE BACK OF THE ROOM AND WILL DROWN OUT THE SOUND

SAFE AREA, GOOD LOCATION , SHORT DRIVE TO POINTS OF INTEREST IN DIFFERENT CITIES AROUND ORANGE COUNTY

It was only one night so I dealt with it. Wouldn't stay again.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

The parking was tight. Couldn't park anywhere near our room

Beds were very comfortable and the man who checked us in was very nice and got us our room request even though they were almost full. Nice bathroom

Horrible place full of drug addicts
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

Horrible place full of drug addicts But I had a miscarriage and they tried to call the cops on me for vandalism for the inconvenience to them what a joke

it was ok could have been better.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

We were a bit disappointed that we could not access the tv and cable properly so we spent most of our time on our phones or computers. We were not provided with a do not disturb sign allowing staff to come in, and there was a lot of noise too early in the mornings due to them doing construction. Upon arriving to the establishment, we were met with police all over the lot and a fire truck. we couldn't drive into the parking lot due to all the cops and the k9 cop making us believe that there was a drug raid or something worse going on. We went ahead and stayed due to it was late and we had been driving for a while and we were tired. beds were uncomfortable to sleep on.

I really liked that I was able to bring in my little dog with me to stay and that they had wood flooring. place was clean and seemed ok. did not have the coffee. it was close to our visits.

Was able to check in early which was great for planning the rest of our day in the area.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

Didn't get a receipt for the room. Have inquired with the specific site via email to get a receipt via email but haven't heard back from them as of yet. It may take a phone call.

Just needed a convenient place to spend the night. Stayed here before when it was a Days Inn. Looks like Motel 6 is putting some money into the property with new paint everywhere and upgraded furniture and floors in the rooms. Grounds were a bit messy but that should resolve itself when the outside work is done.

Work in progress
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

Traffic noise constantly. Lack of amenities: no hair dryer, swimming pool small, vending machine only on first floor. Door sticks have to use hip to open.

Remodeling rooms, price good, dog friendly.

The front desk was not here when I arrived.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

The front desk was not here when I arrived. I called to let them know I would be arriving around 3 am and I waited 30 mins outside calling and calling the office. When she finally got off a car and came to open the front door she didn’t even apologize she gave me a lot of attitude saying she was the only employee here! I had just arrived from a 16 hour drive I obviously was exhausted and she just was so rude

I was there for work. For the money, this wasn’t a bad place to stay.
    • Queen Suite with one Queen Bed

The location right next to a highway. I could hear traffic noise all night. When I first arrived there seemed to be some shady characters in the parking lot, just loitering. I was worried at first but they didn’t seem to cause any trouble.

I liked the room I had, the king suite. It has a separate living area and sleeping area. It is not, however, a king bed.

Overall i would highly reccommend Motel 6 Fountain Valley.
    • Deluxe King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The view out of the bedroom window faces the freeway. Expect some noise due to the freeway access.

The renovationd at this motel are still in progress on the exterior. But the roomd are freshly remodeled. The staff was EXCELLENT and very friendly and professional at the front desk.

We walked into our room and saw the disgust and walked back out!
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

The place was filthy! The rooms stunk like smoke and people were smoking all over outside. Cigarette buds were all over the ground. The Motel is under construction. There were many scary looking people who looked like they were on drugs.

Location only!

Cancelled my Thanksgiving stay there that's how bad it was !

The staff was nice

The staff the room was not comfortable no water pressure in shower, TV static most channels! Very noisy! You can hear when another room uses the bathroom

The only drawback was that they are updating the rooms, so...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

The only drawback was that they are updating the rooms, so there is construction going on, and it's a bit noisy. However, the staff s VERY kind and helpful, and they MORE than made up for the inconvenience!

Other than the above, it was pretty loud and felt dangerous. We would NEVER recommend it to ANYONE.
    • Queen Suite with one Queen Bed

We couldn't believe there was not NEARLY enough parking, I have no clue where else people parked. The shady people, the yelling, screaming AND couples arguing all night. There was a "jacuzzi bathtub" the first night we stayed yet no way to turn on the jets (because I suppose it was only for looks, my husband is a liscensed contractor). The light switches were upside down. The vending machine wasn't plugged in or maybe it just doesn't work... Getting the reservation confirmation that told us our room wouldn't be ready till 3pm (yet we had gotten to the destination at 11:20am so it would've been nice to drop our stuff off) and check out at noon, only to get a call from the desk a little before 11am telling me that we had to leave, while I'm just about to get in the shower. So I had to rush and get dressed and throw all our stuff together all while trying to call my husband to say "hurry! Come back and get me! I'm getting kicked out!" So no shower was taken, I scrambled so fast to get out I forgot personal items, THEN had to sit outside on the curb for 20 minutes with ALL our stuff that took 2 trips to carry by myself. It sucked and I was super embarrassed.

It was close to the ball field our sons tournament was at.

Basic accomodation, relatively clean, but overpayed for what you get
    • Standard Room - Non-Smoking

The wi-fi was slow and shut off when not used for 2,3 minutes and then it was very hard to logg in.The motel is 20m to the freeway and you have to close the windows and close the drapes to get some sleep.The motel changed the owner and didn't offer any breakfast or compensation even though it was payed in advance.

The rooms were clean,and the madrasses were ok.

A place to sleep.

Not enough pillows. Weird living room setup (2 desk chairs and a low unusable coffee table). Refrigerator had a bowl of water in it that spilled on the floor when we opened the door .

Convenience to freeway That's it!

The room itself was fine, but accomodation was not given credence.

The one thing in particular that really upset me was that I requested handicapped access aka a ground level room. Upon check-in, my husband was told th at our room was on the second floor!! What was the point in requesting handicapped accomodations??? No other rooms were available, we had to take what was available. Very disappointing!!!

Checking out

No bang for my buck.

Outdated, everything about this Inn was cheap or outdated, the breakfast was horrible, once again it was all bottomline. Powder cream for your coffee was the first indicator, 5 cent a loaf bread, generic cereal flakes, watered down orange flavored stuff, it wasn't juice. That was about it. Remember this was not cheap rates were $135- $200

OLD, this owner needs to put a little money into this place, my opinion of Days Inn has dropped dramatically because of this experience

Breakfast was ok.
    • Standard Room - Non-Smoking

It said 2.8 miles to Huntington beach pier and it was 8..cause we had to take uber everyday u need to change that on your website

Breakfast was ok..had a lot better tho...staff was friendly and helpful

Convenient

The pillows did not help to provide a good night's sleep. They were too full and on the small side. As such we woke up with neck discomfort. The hbreakfast was not good. We only went once. There were minimal items, primarily high sugar, and no whole fruits or protein offerings. The pool was quite small and set on the actual parking lot. It was not particularly inviting because of its size and the location.

I liked that I could get ice, that we had a good sized refrigerator, and that a microwave, a coffee maker, and a hair dryer were in the room. Location, location, location. It was very close to all of the softball fields used for PGF and 15 minutes from the US open for surfing. Nice blankets, good bed.

Good, but not great.
    • Standard Room - Non-Smoking

The free breakfast in the morning is more of a continental breakfast. Rooms are right next to the freeway. We could hear traffic all night.

The rooms are clean and the staff is friendly

decent hotel for family

slightly overpriced for the location and facilities. we booked two rooms but they were not given next to each other, they were on different floors.

specious rooms and good parking space. breakfast was ok.

Days Inn Fountain Valley CA.

The TV was bad, asked for it to be fixed but it was not fixed. Noisy location next to freeway. Doors of adjacent rooms closed with a loud noise.

The Wi-Fi was excellent,

Good for one night.... ONLY!!!

Old and run down...out side was dirty.... sheets were rough and old with holes in them..blanket was rough..felt like sandpaper...we took it off our the bed completely... the mini suite did not have a sofa but a futon..which was uncomfortable to sit on...it was ripped.. and looked shabby.. stains all over the carpet by the futon...I felt like I was in a motel 6... would not come back. The staff was wonderful... kind and accommodating.. The building just needs to be re-modeled.

The location was good for us.

Not worth the $.
    • Standard Room - Non-Smoking

The bed was like a rock and pillows were bizarre. The back window of our room was on the freeway. Not the safest place to stay.

Breakfast was a joke. A pile of bread, danishes, cereal and spoiled milk. Terrible. Went to Mcdonald's.

very good but could have been better because we were expecting a more complete breakfast

The breakfast

Did not like the breakfast because it was written up as having pastries juice, cereal and waffles. there was 2 choices of cereal and no waffles. not as advertised.

Don't stay here. Motel 6 quality at three times the price.

The bed was hard, the bathroom mirror was spotted, light fixtures in bathroom were missing, could not access wifi, breakfast was pathetic, refrigerator would not get cold. and AC was loud.

Good for a family if you are just looking for a place to sleep after a long day at the beach
    • Standard Room - Non-Smoking

The housekeeper was so rude!!!!! We were a few minutes past check out time and she came into our room, I was laying on the bed, she lifted the blankets like we were hiding something, and told us we had to get out. We were packing up, and my husband was getting the kids together, we had 2 rooms and it was taking a few minutes. I have never experienced anything like that, it was just invasive, blatant, and disrespectful.

Beds were fine, clean which is most important. Front Office staff was very, very nice and I would have rated the staff the top rating except the rude housekeeper brought it down.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Cheap and Motel 6 worthy

locked out of the breakfast room at 9:00 or shortly before, they gave my mom her coffee which she said sadly tasted like it was from the day before ! Stayed for a funeral in Huntington Beach. When arrived, no carts for luggage and I had to carry for my mom it was alot of trips to car and upstairs and back down the next day even with elevator it took me three trips. I had to put her in the office with her yuck coffee to wait for me, the breakfast room for waiting even was locked. Decor and building itself was very dated and unattractive - the room seemed clean ! No care or extra attention to making the customer feel welcome that is for sure. I guess the price fits.

Close to my funeral and price.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

memorial day stay

A/C unit could have been a little better. slow cooling and curtains in the way (blocked the air flow).

location was perfect, easy access from highway and side streets. very clean, and nice staff.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Should be 1 star. Im not able to rate it lower....grrrrr.

30 in TV with terrible reception. Had maybe 5 viewable channels. Right on top of the 405 frwy. Traffic noise. Our room view was Parking lot or close up view of the 405 traffic.

Nothing nothing nothing.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

the manager was rude, very rude.

his attitude and to help me get in a room a little eary

the manager was rude, very rude. would not give me a room until 3 pm......I asked for one at 1;20

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Close to the beach

Checking in was nice when I was able to get in an hour early, but when I got up to my room I had wished I was staying somewhere else. The room was very musty and had a strong, unpleasant odor to it. Only half of the lights worked and the vents had a thick build up of dust and cobwebs on them. Staff was rude. I told the front desk I would be checking out a day early because my pregnant wife was uncomfortable with the stay and when I was asked what room I was staying in they said no one was in that room and made me go upstairs to verify that's the room I had reserved. They did not make the effort to give me any sort of refund for the night I was not staying even though we left long before check out and did not check me out until the next day. It was not the experience I'd like to have after a 10 hour drive just to get there.

Close to the beach

Never again
    • Standard Room - Non-Smoking

When checking in the night guy was on his phone and wpuldnt get off to check me into my room. He was rude. Pillows were hard and breakfast saw crap!!!!

I had to print out a contract and Carlos was very nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

Good place to stay usually

I don't like that when I got there, I was told I'd have to pay an extra $100 deposit because that was not what I was told I would have to pay. It was an inconvenience to have to pay more than I thought I would. and then I got double charged on my card, luckily that fell off in the morning, and my deposit didn't release until a week after I got home. I wish I would have been updated on this deposit so I could have prepared more. I didn't have to pay it a different time I stayed there, so I'm not sure why I had to do it now.

It was comfortable and they were able to get us checked in even though it was almost midnight.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

Convenient location

Staff isn't very nice, either are the rooms. Very loud and shouldn't have to pay a deposit since the hotel is crappy. Needs an update

Convenient location

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

The room is very clean

Breakfast is terrible. The hotel is beside a highway so it's noise. Most of all, the hotel has not return us the $12 fee for safety box as they said they will return to us.

The room is very clean

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

They made me to sign "no smoking" policy form, but...

Bathroom bad smell (urine smell) Smoking smell in my entire room

They made me to sign "no smoking" policy form, but when I got in the room. Smoking smell very bad. Bathroom smelt really bad too. I booked for 2 nights but couldn't stand, I had to check out after 1st night, And just lost my money because I couldn't stay any longer.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

Better Days Inn

Room was small felt cramped. Bed was hard. Bathroom was so small you'd get in your own way 2 people could not fit in thrre at the same time. Room back window faced the freeway and the curtains would not close so you had car headlights flashing in the room on the walls

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Love location
    • Queen Suite with one Queen Bed

I didn't have any bad option

Love location Love employees

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

I liked it.

I liked it.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Thanks

Too close to higher way

Your bus pick up location.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

One of the staff is very rude.

Room

Room

Close to restaurants
    • Queen Suite with one Queen Bed

Very noisy during remodel, very dusty, elevator very dirty

Close to restaurants

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

I will alwaya atay at this property when I need to be in Fountain Valley
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

No toiletries offered. Tv volume can't be adjusted lower.

No bugs, cleanliness

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Tweeter than prostitute heaven

A lot

Not much

Will book again.

Pool area closed.

Close to the beach. Beds were very comfortable. Rooms were clean.

It had easy freeway access.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

It'll be better after they finish remodeling.

It had easy freeway access.

Some what satisfated
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

For some reason, I had to go to the office every afternoon , to ré activate my room key 😩

It was okay, People, location,

It was ok for one night but would not return.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

There were blank walls and no blow dryer, no shampoo/conditioner

I would definitely stay at this Hotel again...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

WIFI had poor connection..

Room was clean. The bedsheets smelled freshly washed.. Not to mention the bed was very comfortable..

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Not bad at all
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

The construction was a bit much. But I do understand it has to be.

The new rooms are nice and clean.

Carlos was super nice, helpful, friendly.
    • Queen Suite with one Queen Bed

Freeway noise, ppl hanging around.

Carlos was super nice, helpful, friendly.

Boomers

They kept deposit

Boomers

short but sweet

Some construction

Pillows were great

The lady that works at the front desk at night is lazy and...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

The lady that works at the front desk at night is lazy and no help and is unfriendly

The photos of their rooms were completely different then the...
    • Deluxe King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The photos of their rooms were completely different then the real thing. The water from the bathroom smelled like sulfur.

The courteous staff

The courteous staff

That it was around places to go eat and have fun.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

That it was around places to go eat and have fun.

Great place to stay, will stay again.

Everything was great!!!

Very nice property, it was being redone. the room was newly done. Great bed. very confrontable

Remodeled
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

Beds too soft. Messed up my back.

Remodeled