Reviews of Ramada by Wyndham Groton 1.8 stars

6.2

5.9

6.2

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Very dirty. Ring in toilet bowl. Carpet filthy. Ants by pool. No towels by pool needed to get them from laundry and staff not happy to give them to you. Public restrooms by pool disgusting. Dirty , toilet tissue every where, no tissue in stalls.

Convenient location

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Not at all likely I had no hot water for the first 3 days the place was a dump. They said they would reduce the charges due to the not being able to take a shower for the first 3 days but they didn’t. Hard to believe Booking. Com would recommend a place like this. RIP OFF

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast in basement with no natural light and of poor quality compared to similar hotels. Room was very cold upon arrival due to air conditioning being fully on. Due to being a cold day it was not at all welcoming.

Spacious room however in need of a facelift

The bathroom tub had a ring around the tub like no one cleaned it in weeks. And for breakfast it looked like if I ate the food I would be sick so I had to leave the property to get breakfast.

The bed was extremely comfy. The staff at the front desk was extremely nice.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The room was too small for the furniture that was in it. The internet was very slow if any signal. The television was old and didn't get very good reception or many stations.

The staff were friendly and very helpful

There were no eggs in the continental breakfast. But I do not know if they offer that. I never asked . The waffles were delish. There was sufficient hot water through the time we were there . I say this because we had a jacuzzi in our room and we filled it and it was warm & perfect. We took many showers as well the pool was nice. The location was great we went to the casino as well . Enjoyed site seeing and ate at Pepe"s pizza . So good. Walmart across the street for any personal needs .

Damp , Dank, moldy smell. Water. Damaged ceiling. Carpet needs too be changed. Old and smelly. Sink Near sleeping area. Air conditioner falling out of wall light from outside could be seen. Loud enough to keep you awake and not working very well. Ice machines not working .Not healthy...

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The pool and jaquzzi need to be refinished badly. There needs to be a tv guide for the channels

I liked that there was a refrigerator and microwave in every room and the beds were comfortable

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Holes in bed sheets, with stains. Smelled of marijuana. Large clump of animal fur left by chair. Wet towel left in bathroom. Unfriendly, uncaring staff. Paint chips kicking up from pool bottom.

The location was close too many attractions and restaurants.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Hotel outdated. Needs a bit of an upgrade but good for a night or two.

The AC wasn’t in when we arrived and it was extremely hot. We turned it on but after a few hours it was still warm. We called the front desk and the gentleman came and fixed it. When we got back to the room it was comfortable and we slept great.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Very dated. Although well kept, this hotel is in desperate need of upgrades. Carpet in our room was sticky and had holes. Our reservation through booking.com never made it to the hotel and if the hotel didn't have the one room left to give us then we would have been S.O.L. Apparently we were the second guests that this happened to that day. Also, not everyone likes Indian food so maybe add some variety to the menu. A hotel restaraunt should cater to many cultures of travelers. Not a great experience. Probably will not pay to stay here again.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There were lots of broken drawers and a tv that was at least 25 years old, and while it wasn't filthy, I certainly wouldn't consider it clean.

The bathroom was slightly better than expected.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The property was very outdated. The pool area had carpet. The room had cobwebs and the lamp shade was broke and stained.

The staff was accommodating and was right off the highway.

Hot tub was barely lukewarm. Disappointing. The room was too close to entrance. I heard the door slam a few too many times.

The room was comfortable. I had everything I needed.

Definitely not a place for kids. A lot of 20 something’s coming and going all night from the casino. Kept my family up till 5 am. Hotels should have family floors, 55 and older floors, and 20 something floors so everyone can enjoy their stay.

Staff was excellent!!!!

The hotel was very dirty. Holes in the walls in our rooms and a smell of moth balls mixed with urine. There were stains on the chair and the comforter as well. The pool and jacuzzi were cloudy and that area also had a less than pleasant smell. Very disappointed to have spent nearly 150 a room for something that should have been 29.00. Couldnt wait to return home.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There is ceramic tile and there were several areas where it was breaking which is dangerous. Also the jacuzzi was broken the whole time.

They were the best pillows I’ve ever used. There was one particular employee that went above and beyond and her name is Diana. I also feel like I got a lot for my money.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The indoor pool area had green mold/algae growing EVERYWHERE! The outside entrance doors were propped open allowing anyone access to guest rooms. The rooms were dirty. The hotel smelled foul.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

This was the dirtiest most disgusting room I have seen in a long time. I will not use this hotel again for family trips to this area. Bathroom door was destroyed, pool area was disgusting. Very disappointed. I wish I had taken pictures. Look at room 118!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Well we were told we can't do something when their was clearly other guest doing it and an older lady was in pool with her phone not swimming when my kids accidently splashed her she called the manager down so we left I also found clothes from the person who stayed there before us.

The pool was warm and the hot tub was comfortable.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Desk clerk at night check in was very rude. Stained furniture and bedspread. Dirty flooded parking.

Although property was very worn looking room was clean.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The rooms weren't cleaned well. I found 2 spiders in my bathroom && the desk chairs were stained. I also did not like that i was feeling rushed to check out. It was 10:30am and i had staff knocking on my door asking if we were leaving or staying another night.

I liked the location

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It is a good hotel, but it is misleading to advertise that has a gym. This hotel doesn't have a gym, it gives you access to a gym that is 5 min car drive from the hotel, and 40 min walking from the hotel.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They didn't offer laundry soap for washing machines, but it was nice that they had them. Carpets were smokey, musty in hallway. The rooms could be cleaned in the corners and around the edges better. There was some left over trash from previous guest in the bathroom.

I liked the bed I slept in. It was comfortable. The room set up for me was nice. The sink is not in bathroom so others can get ready. Walmart is walking distance across the street.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel is worn. Though it covers all the basics, small details like furniture that is scraped, chipped wood trim, and cable channels that still come through half fuzzed are present.

It is clean. The housekeeping staff are the kindest of all.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Not clean, staff have no respect, hot tub was not working, pool was dirty, found a pill on the floor of our room. No room service at all. Ceiling was pouring water down on alus at breakfast time. Worst hotel we have ever stayed at ! Would not recommend anyone staying here at all.

Nothing was good about this property. It was like an old run down house.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The pool was cold and cloudy the hot tub was nasty and didn't work and there was a sauna with no knobs to turn it on. The bathroom door in the room looked like it was rotten. The mini fridge froze everything. Also their were stains on the sheets!!

The beds were very nice and the t.v. was nice also

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Cleanliness. One bed had several holes in the sheets. Bathroom doorknob and door had dried blood or sauce on it. Other than that room was ok. Expected better for the price. Also hallway going upstairs to our room was extremely dirty (plastic mat and rug were gross).

The desk staff were very pleasant. Location was good for what we were looking for (Mohegan Sun and Mystic). Liked having tea available in the room and the microwave/ fridge.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Could use a little protein at breakfast. Hard boiled eggs would be good.

Great location for getting in and out of Mystic.Front desk was very helpful and the the kids enjoyed the carb filled breakfast.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The filter on the pool wasn't working great to filter the floating things in the water, fly, hair, etc. I tried to look for a net to akim, couldn't find one. I cleared water in the areas I was swimming in with my hands. A nearby swimmers piece of hair was in the water with debri and I took out of the pool. Althougg breakfast was good, when we first sat down at our table, our table and the next table were not cleaned off. A guy came in to clean them after we sat to eat. Would I go again yes possibly in July, However, I hope these 2 things will be better like it was 6 years ago.

The Manager, comfort of the room, location, the use of an indoor poil and jacuzzi, breakfast in the morning. I have been 1x about 6 years ao.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Everything started out fine. On Saturday we asked for extra blanket and the gentleman was real snappy. Also the blanket had cigarette burn holes in it!!

Pool, centrally located

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The pool was located in basement level. Could not find workout place and sauna even though it said so. Hallways smelled cigarette in non smoking room areas.

Price is very good. Like the indoor pool and hot tub, but the water could be a little clearer. Room had microwave and small frid which were convenient. Continental breakfast was good. Waffles and coffee ran out because hungry mouths ahead of us. Staff was nice enough to fill them up when we asked. Bagels, English muffins, juice..

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Worn out mattresses.filthy hallways and staircases.food on walls.smelly hallways.smells like afro sheen.walls in room and hallway need paint.

Breakfast was ok

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel could use some updating. The ceiling in our room had a part that was painted a very different color than the rest, probably for a repair. The pool and hot tub while in good condition and pleasant, the pool room itself was clearly in disrepair and could have used some small fixes even to improve its appearance.

The bedding and pillows were very comfortable. The staff was pleasant and friendly. Hotel is in a great location with a Walmart, grocery store, and several restaurant options including sit down and fast/Togo options.

It was, overall, a very tired facility. Decor was very brown and beige, and it was also dingy which could not be relieved by putting on the inadequate lighting.. Paint was chipping off of doors and furniture. Needs lots of TLC

Bed was very comfortable; towels were plentiful

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

the room was dark really smelled bad the tv is from the 1980s wanted money back for 1 of the nights lady working desk said no a lot of drugs around the hotel not a good place for my 17yearold son a total nightmare lost my money for a night we left a day early was a horrible experience

there was nothing to like wont ever return

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The rooms were dated and had an extra sink in the entryway of the room, some lamps didn't work, the TV had loose wiring in the outlet and wasn't working at first but workers fixed it, we were called at 9pm claiming our kids were being disruptive but they were asleep for an hour already so that was very upsetting but the halls were very noisy, the hallways had an odor and the pool had so much chlorine our eyes were tearing up when we walked in the smell was so strong. For the money it was ok but honestly we will not return.

Staff and breakfast were ok.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The only problem I had was that although I went to the breakfast at 9:15 I wasn't able to use the waffle machine because the family of 5 before me using the machine didn't finish with the waffle machine until 9:55 and it was empty and promptly at 10 the food was removed so no waffles for us. Aside from that everything else was fine.

I never went to the restaurant. The staff of the hotel were friendly, professional and attentive,making sure all our needs were met.The room was clean, neat and comfortable.

The so called “complimentary breakfast” is a JOKE they offered cold cereal, there were two yogurt containers when I went down at 8:30 AM and breakfast started at 8AM. No flat plates even left if I decided to make waffles in the one machine they had. My husband and I just grabbed some coffee and left.

The room was clean.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Hot tub was dirty. Lots of pre teens in hot tub, couldn’t enjoy with my husband. No adult was supervising them. Water wasn’t as hot as should be.

Loved the onsite restaurant!!

Hallways smelled like cigarettes & breakfast was dissatisfying in lack of variety & quality.

Comfortable bed & desk attendant always there when I walked by.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Well to start the heater in our first room didn't work that great no big deal but then I noticed black mold on bathroom ceiling told front desk so they moved us across the hall. Later that evening we noticed they had rented the room with the black mold. Now i know they didn't remove it properly cause that takes time. So they either just painted over it which the mold will eat through the paint in a matter of time or they did nothing but that i won't know. In our second room the kight switches in bathroom you had to play it for it to stay on. Would i stay here again? NEVER

The staff was nice

WiFi did not connect. No HBO. Narrow dark corridors and steps made luggage moving inconvenient.

Location was close proximity for my business needs.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast is way too simple no eggs or sausages just cereal coffe and bread to toast like when you get up after a long trip you most want to get a full Breakfast and for the the Breakfast they offer at Ramada makes no sense

The Bed is just way too comfy I love it!!

It was very outdated. Before I laid in bed I pulled the sheets back to examine the cleanliness and thank god it was clean. Oh and they didn't put a fitted sheet on the bed. I guess they don't have any. They don't wipe the tables down. They were all sticky. I lifted up a paper in my room and found someone's candy wrapper.We were looking forward to going in the hot tub but it was disqustingly dirty.I think next time I will splurge and get a nicer hotel. You get what you paid for

Bed was comcortable

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I did wonder if the tub had not been cleaned in a while, just seeing some shampoo bottle stain on the sides.... was also surprised to see a wrapped condom fall out of the bed sheets when pulled back.

The extra sink outside the bathroom was an added convenience, and we loved the smell of the Indian restaurant's food in the hallways.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Kinda run down Found Hair on sheets Hot tub didn’t look very clean also had Hair in it Tv didn’t come in great Wouldn’t give us extra room towels

Beds were comfortable Pet friendly

Need better breakfast. Very skimpy.

Indian restaurant downstairs but I didnt use it so I can rate the quality. Front desk lady was nice. The tiny balcony is a big plus.

The pictures lie the pool and hottub we disgusting (disgusting doesn't fully describe the filthy conditions). The room was not vacuumed bathroom was disgusting and in need of serious repair... hallway carpets were disgusting. Side entrance door wood desk was rotting away...keys didn't work half the time ...PICTURES LIE

The woman at front desk was very nice

A lot of things were old and damaged. Such as the leaking showerhead. Also some of the lights were broken or too bright.

The wifi was very fast with download speeds of around 3MB/s

• King Room -Smoking

It's run down really needs a big update. Starting with the walls the lighting furniture. There was a lot of chlorine coming from the jacuzzi not sure what was wrong with it was really burning my eyes there is no hot water for showering whatsoever. The towels are cheap material they are are old and crusty. No need for paying for breakfast might as well go to a diner the Bagels was old no coffee milk was warm. Paid for three nights but with the conditions I stayed for two and there was no compensation for that one night loss no good of a hotel would not recommend this to anyone.

Sink was not in the bathroom.

Loved the Jacuzzi and indoor heated pool.My bed was so comfy and I really liked the chair in the corner with the attached ottoman!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Everything...Place and rooms were dirty beds ...Was supposed to be a room with 2 Queen beds and they were full not queen the heater would go on and off every 30 seconds and because the restaurant in the hotel is an Indian restaurant hallways smelled like Indian food

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The handicapped accessible room was not handicapped compliant, toilet too low, grab bar in tub way too low

Restaurants and shopping nearby, indoor pool was open in december

nothing !

nice clean room ..friendly ppl happy with continental breakfast nice daycation with my hubby will come back in the summer for area beaches and casino thanks everyone happy holidays :)

We didn't like the breakfast. It had a good variety but all the food tasted stale and old. The facility seemed like it needed renovations due to furniture and framework falling apart. The rugs seemed very old and there was a permanent smell of cigarettes in the hall.

We liked the value of the king size bed

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff was rude. The facility is outdated.

It's in a decent location in Groton. Near a Wal-Mart and a small shopping plaza. There's a nice Indian restaurant located inside the hotel.

I got extra linens and blankesfor my kids and they were stained and ripped also I requested extra pillows for them and we needed to made few requests to get them. Also the bed was not that comfortable and the property needs some repairs and updated The Jacuzzi and the pool need some paint or renew. I have been in RedRoof Inn that the stay is cheaper and the condition of their rooms and property are way better including their breakfast

The location was convinient and had a indoor pool

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

dirty room,cracked ceilings,sink next to beds?and breakfast variety are below poor,plus they don't refill breakfast (when its gone its gone),not a pleasant people,they playing not understanding conversations so when something happens they won't be liable for it,for example(you have a DO NOT DISTURB SIGN ON DOOR MEANS DO NOT ENTER FOR ANY REASON)MAID HAD DECIDED TO DO THE ROOM HOUSEKEEPING SERVICE WITHOUT OUR CONSENT ..GREAT THAT SUCK. will never bring my kids to such a place like this again...

everything good except when called front desk around 10 we were told no extra pillows available.

only waffles, cereal {hot & cold},toast,bagels,coffee & tea, juice

The room looked like they had replaced the carpet and done some quick patch jobs to cracks and such but there were a number of repairs in the room that were not done. No lights over bar area. Rusty ceiling in bathroom. Bad patch job on bedroom walls. Etc. dont remember all. My husband has pics on his phone.

Carpet was new. Bed was good. Breakfast was fine.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Far below my expectations, the beds are made using only flat sheets and a thin blanket in between, our daughter got a yogurt with mold in it from their breakfast bar, they ran out of coffee..it was not what we were expecting and the pictures are seriously deceiving. I feel like there are some take reviews on here for sure!

The staff was friendly.

As I was on biz trip so needed to work from hotel but WiFi signal was very weak, was getting terminated.

hotel is near to market place and has a restaurant on-premise.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The sink in the room with the beds .others trying to get ready , was waking the sleeping people up. The smell in the hotel disnt feel clean, even though the hotel was .

Easy access

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The furnishings were older than we expected. The room was clean, but the upholstered furniture was filthy. A deep cleaning was needed.

The location gave us easy access to our destinations during our trip. The staff was very nice and very helpful with our "tourist" questions.

Pool water could have been warmer. The outside door was open to the pool and cigarette smoke was coming in. Mini fridge was not very cold...I had to put my baby's milk just under the freezer, in the tray. I did call ahead and request that it be cold enough for her milk...so I was disappointed with this.

breakfast was good. decent options.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Room maintenance showed need for some upgrades. Everything worked OK, but out dated.

Room configuration was exactly what we needed. 2 beds plus a sofa bed. Breakfast was decent and the hours were convenient. My kids got to use the pool area in the morning. Glad it was open. That was a plus.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Shower rod was slanted and shower curtain wouldn't stay closed while in shower

I enjoyed my stay here and would recommend it..staff was great room was clean Wal-Mart & five guys across the street Restaurants 5 minutes away. 15 minutes from Mohegan Sun. Free parking. Continental breakfast. Clean pool & sauna. Facility clean altogether. Front desk was welcoming and friendly

Room was a bit old. Outside of hotel was worn out looking. Free breakfast was nothing special, coffee was bland. Skip the free breakfast and go to Mystic to Sift bakery! Hot tub looked gross - there was a bunch of foam floating in it.

Very comfortable bed. AC seemed to work pretty well. Fridge was nice and cold when we came in. Microwave in the room. Quiet in the room, no sounds coming from other guests, etc. Seemed clean. On site Indian restaurant with 5 Guys close by and Walmart. Check in and check out was super easy. Close to Mohegan Sun.

The wreak of marijuana in the hall of my room. When I spoke to the manager 2 separate times he said he was aware but really could do nothing about it. He understood my upset but he could not help me - I responded that he did not understand as I was paying for my room and was NOT given customer satisfaction..........Instead he told me "Some people just don't grow up", was his response. When asked if I could have my room changed, he said I could possibly have a smoking room, which is not what I booked nor wanted. Very Poor relations.

The overall staff were very pleasant, however, the manager, did not manage very well.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Very outdated, not cleaned very well, pool was dirty- no towels pool side (need to go to desk)- card for door didn't work well- breakfast items were average but fruit flies in the pastry container- booking.com price was over 200.00 and I wouldn't have stayed if I had a choice to cancel- felt ripped off

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The pool and jacuzzi were old and very over done with chemicals. Your eyes were burnt in the jacuzzi just from the fumes. The beds were hard. The room cleaning was abrupt and rushed. Our room was never remade, but we had a great time!

The price was right through Booking.com. Close to what we were there for (Mystic Aquarium). My oldest and his friend loved the Five Guys next door. It does offer an ideal getaway. Needs updating!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel was not clean. Our room: there was mold on shower curtain, used water bottles and cover to razors on the carpet from previous guests, wash cloths had holes in them, plumbing needs work. . . had to hold down flusher on toilet for the entire duration, shower would scream while it was running, sink was too high for children to use, door to bathroom was very hard to open once closed. Breakfast could use some variety, fruit was legitimate rotten. Pool area was soaked and generally unclean and uncared for. The entire hotel smelled like curry--use air fresheners! Hotel was generally unclean. I will tell my friends and family NOT to stay at the Ramada Inn in Groton, CT.

Free breakfast, easy access to highway and other stores, front desk staff was very nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Breakfast- only had sugar cereals. Many broken down cars where we park- The gym facilities were off the premesis- difficult for a parent to leave the room and actually have to go 5 minutes down the road to workout

The price per room

Everything. People were living in the hotel and had their laundry draped over the balcony.

It was disgusting! They didn't even clean the bathroom .. just gave us clean towels. Did not refill coffee supplies. The pool was disgusting!

Browse Ramada by Wyndham Groton traveller photo gallery