Reviews of Ramada by Wyndham Chatsworth 1 stars

21340 Devonshire Street, Chatsworth, CA 91311, USA

#3 of 4 hotels in Chatsworth

Not what i expected

when we arrived i wasn’t expecting the hotel, being less than three miles from my aunts home; her living in such a nice area to be in such a run down neighborhood. i was more than a little taken aback. We had quite a few mishaps while staying our one night. One of my requirements when traveling is that the hotel have a fitness room and this one was down due to a water leak. the night we turned in for the evening the boiler went down n i had no hot water to take a shower. i had to wait until morning. When we turned over the chair cushion to make a bed for my daughter there was a horrid red stain on the edge of it that appeared to be blood or something else. when we were finally checking out the next morning (the attendant was nice enough to give us a discount for our inconveniences) there appeared to be a “solicitous transaction” taking place just behind us in the lobby. one of the other attendants rushed them out of the building but i get the feeling it’s not the first time this has happened. Needless to say we will NOT return to this location. i have stayed in several Ramadas across the country and have NEVER experienced such a low level of quality from these properties!! and i’ve stayed in what i would have called worse areas. i expectedly more from this area to say the least!!

visiting my aunt and uncle in Northridge area there weren’t too many options in the area. The staff were nice and tho the place appeared to be older it SEEMED to be at least clean upon check in

Horrible

The price was more than what I was quoted on booking. com The roomed smelled really bad and the hotel just gave me an almost empty can of fabreez to spray I went to front desk to ask for a room change and the clerk said there are none available and walked into the back and didn’t return

Not a good experience

Our ac kept cutting off when we called they said they have gotten complaints about that room. The outlets were all loose to which the 1 guy said oh ya they probably wont fix that. The iron board cover stained Pool was dirty

Breakfast was nice. Staff was nice. We asked for a discount was told no however when we checked out we received $20.00 discount. For all that was wrong I was thinking $50.00 would have been more appropriate

Not fancy, but safe, quiet and comfortable.

This is a utilitarian location. There isn't a nice view; there aren't luxurious touches. But that's OK. If you're looking for a budget-friendly place that is still secure, clean and comfortable, this hits those marks.

Quiet room. we all slept soundly. Convenient spot, close to grocery store. The beds and pillows were comfy. The wifi was great. Often, hotel wifi will be slow or clunky, or will boot me off the system repeatedly. This wifi was fast and steady. Also, My kids and all were all able to use our multiple devices without facing a limit on them or extra charge.

I may stay here again, but without my children due to the atmosphere of other visitors and/or tenant

Sadly, the hall smelled of marijuana and there were a few gentleman downstairs nightly, drinking in the parking lots when I went out to my car with my children. Parking was tight and each night there were at least two cars that took up two parking spaces.

The staff was friendly and the breakfast was wonderful for the children.

Didn’t enjoy it. Will not be back.

It was not well lit. The main entrance was difficult to find. There were homeless people around the parking lot and people lingering around. The area didn’t appear safe.

We liked the lay out and how the buildings seperated from...
    • Deluxe King Suite

It didn't have much room for parking.

We liked the lay out and how the buildings seperated from smokers to non smokers. Plus the onsight security that was a plus as well.

If your on a budget it's better than other budget places.

There was a big roll in the carpet like where it had come up from the floor. So it was this big piece of carpet I kept tripping on . The sashes on the bed were filthy. The bathtub had black stains and had to wear shower shoes. More attention to detail is required. I'm not going to stay in Wyndham hotels again.

The beds were comfy and it was close to CSUN which was why we stayed. Also right by the metro if your planning on taking the train to the city . There is an excellent Mexican restaurant down the street viva la something, but breakfast picking are kind of slim

Horrible

My car got hit in the parking lot and management was absolutely no help, even though there are cameras in the parking lot. The manager bibian said she was going to watch the tapes, but upon watching some of the footage I noticed the dates were wrong and the footage had been altered. Their behavior was criminal, don't stay here unless you want to be harassed.

Lissette & Gloria went above and beyond trying to accommodate me when I came to them with any issue.
    • Standard King Room - Smoking

The establishment overall needs a lot of work & renovating

The staff was beyond amazing & professional trying to accommodate me when I asked for a refund for my room. And they didn’t make me feel guilty when I asked for it too.

I ended up with an adjoined room with a family living in the...
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

I ended up with an adjoined room with a family living in the hotel with pets. They were all very loud. The busy street was also very loud and the property’s windows were old and allowed a lot of noise to come through

Stay away

We got Bed Bugs. I would like a refund but didn't know to get it. We both had bug bits on our bodies.

Parking was good. Good coffee, location not bad. Quite area. Staff was nice.

Never again

The room smelled, dirty walls, room next door loud talking and music until 3:30am, elevator from second for floor forever to get to the Lobby. Tub was stain , the toilet was broken

I had to change rooms do to the fact they put me into a...
    • Standard King Room - Smoking

I had to change rooms do to the fact they put me into a smoking room when I asked for nonsmoking. They had me play $50.00 more for a suite since they had no more nonsmoking rooms available.

It felt cheap and uncomfortable.

It felt like I was staying at a motel. It’s not family friendly in terms of space. The cleaning staff didn’t speak any English so it was hard to communicate and they didn’t return to clean room or bring towels. The pool is small and wasn’t clean.

The breakfast was ok and the front desk was immediately responsive. The check out time in noon.

Good location, friendly staff

Had to go back at the front desk a couple of times to update my room key because it wasn’t working. The pool was not clean. The breakfast was not that much variety to choose from. The parking lot were so tiny. The phone in the room was not working.

Location was perfect. Staff were awesome and very helpful. Fast check in and check out times. I love that they accomodated my family including our dog.

Beware of bed bugs!!!
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access - Smoking

We stayed in rm.1206 For 4 nights, and left the hotel with red blotcshes all over our bodies-diagnosed as "BED BUGS" with medication,etc. The room seemed clean but I guess it isn'T. Will not recomend or return/

It was adequate for my needs
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access - Smoking

Lots of noise in the hallway and parking lot after people had been to the adjoining bar

The coffe in the lobby was fine but the room provisioning of the coffee only allowed for two cups

Pleacent and good thanks a

I have ask for noon smoking area which was supost to be on the second flor but still smel like smog, which was a little unplacent, on the shower, it had black spots of mild do on the middle of the tub and corners please advice cleaning crew to pay more attention to the small details thank you

Costumer service was good as always Parking convenient

If you have children staying with you request a non smoking room and confirm before your stay.
    • Standard King Room - Smoking

I booked a non smoking room with booking.com and when I got there I was given a smoking room. The room smelled like dog pee , cigarettes and marijuana. I found cigarette butfs inside the AC. Which had the room smelling like nicotine the whole stay.

Staff was really nice. Check in we fast. Breakfast was great. Good and healthy choices. Wi-Fi worked great.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

Staff were great
    • Standard King Room - Smoking

Room key cards never worked- had to have new keys made every day. Key card would not open door to elevator so had to wait for someone to leave to get to our room

Staff were great

It was a good location I would come back !
    • King Room -Smoking

This has nothing to do with the hotel itself , but there was a train that passed every so often that was loud .

I liked everything about the hotel . It was a good location it had everything I needed . They even upgraded me from a king to a suite for free .

Not worth coming back to.

AC wasnt not working.. (staff offered us another room, which we took). the 2nd room the AC was barely working and had to keep it running the whole time or it would have been hot for the 2 days we were there. Shower/tub didnt drain very well. Not enough parking for amount of customers. The dining chair in the room still had crumbs from the previous occupants and the sheets were ripped on one of the beds. Electricity outlets by bedside were loose, chargers kept falling out of them.Room was billed as 4 occupants (which we had) and there were only 2 bath towels in the bathroom. Kept having to call each day for extra towels.

Breakfast was nice, just needed some fresh fruit. Pool was refreshing to swim in. Staff was very accommodating and pleasant to chat with.

Ramada Inn has everything you want for a mini vacation , California Style!
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

We arrived Monday evening and unfortunately the jacuizzi had a weird smell to it but Tuesday morning it was clean and sparkeling and I really enjoyed it. That was my only issue .

This hotel has everything for such a reasonable price . It has nice size pool with patio tables and lounge chairs thats fun to hang out . A basic gym for a little exercise. After you workout you can relax in the hot tub. Fall asleep in the super comfortable bed watching a movie on HBO. Because checkout time is 12pm, you have time in the morning to enjoy a delicious complimentary breakfast and then go for another dip in the pool. Dry off by laying in the sun for a bit, shower , another cup of free coffee and you are ready to checkout feeling so relaxed and living the California lifestyle!

Felt dirty & not worth the money paid!

We had 4 of the worst excuses for pillows on our bed! We had a king bed with 4 pathetic pillows the size of ordinary square throw pillows! Carpets were very poorly vacuumed after the previous patrons obviously had a very hairy dog! Well, I hope all that hair wasn't there longer than that!

Quuick check in. But left us stuck in a dirty room that had very poor maid service!

Run and book somewhere else!

Room was over the bar- so loud. Couldn't move since they said it was pet wing. It's in dire need of an extensive makeover.

That I got to go home.

Decent location, poor staff
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Front desk staff initally refused to honor the booking.Com reservation and rate. After panicking and looking for a different room at 10pm, the staff honored the reservation. They claimed it was a booking.Com error in their system

Breakfast was good.

Did the Job

The coffee in reception was always cold, better not to have coffee on offer if you don't make fresh when it gets cold. I was annoyed that a member of security (not a Ramada employee) asked me where I was staying(there is 2 parts to the hotel) and followed me outside and handed me a piece of paper full of religious content. I spoke to the staff about it and they have assured me they spoke to the security company and checked the CCV to identify the person. Also the hotel had been asked to accommodate some rather unscrupulous people due to their home going on fire, they were very noisy standing around doorways smoking and looking intimidating, happy to say most were removed after 2 days( we were there for 4 days).

Room was ok, breakfast had a good selection but not enough seating for the size of hotel, staff friendly. We used this as a centre point for visiting LA and surrounding area.

Nice

Room key didn't work that well. It took several tries to open the door.

Room was pretty big and clean. Bed was comfortable and spacious. Staff was very nice.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Good for a short stay
    • King Room -Smoking

The facilities look a bit dated - they definitely need to refresh the property. Also, it is right along a main street in Chatsworth so it's a busy area. But, again, cleanliness is the most important attribute for me and our room was very clean.

The location was good for our purpose. It is within walking distance of stores and eateries. The rooms were clean and pretty spacious and came with complimentary coffee and tea. The staff was also very helpful. I made a mistake on my reservation (chose a smoking room instead of a non-smoking one) and the staff worked hard to get me a non-smoking room even though it was a completely full weekend because of graduation.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Everything about my stay in LA was great, not including the room where I stayed.

At about 0330 in the morning both nights of my stay someone started opening and closing their door and walking heavy footed down the hall. Pretty annoying! In addition, the key cards worked like every fifth or sixth try.

The front desk staff was the best part of my stay.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Avoid rooms 1201, 1203, 1205....

Our room faced the street and was above a bar. Noisy nights. Our last night was Friday, and the room above us was booked also. Their plumbing (supply and waste) runs behind the wall in our closet. It's very loud, and they ought to open the wall to insulate the pipes and or soundproof that wall. It would take some work, but at $100+ per night it would be paid for in short order. Alternatively, this room could be discounted by 40-50% in honor of the plumbing and bar noise. I've stayed at this place before, and when I do so again it'll be in the rear building, which is quieter.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Won't stay again very disappointed

Parking is a joke! They took my pillow. Staff rude and unfriendly. Pet friendly but nowhere to walk your dog except in weeds, stickers, and dirt.

Not much

Lousey place to stay.dont waste your money.

Mattress could be new.it was rough.the place was very noisy.at all hours of the night.will never stay here again nor would recommend this place either.

Mattress has a lot to be desired.

Do not recommend this place

Smelled like smoke everywhere in hotel. Parking lot is a disaster if you drive anything but a compact car. Security guy hangs out in parking lot trying to solicit some yoga website

Staff rocks, room rocks, neighbors suck

Floor was dirty, room was above the bar which had a patio that kept me up half the night. Tenants East and West of me played the TV all night.

Bed was great, bathroom rocked

Our stay
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds Smoking

We had to call them twice to get toilet paper and finally my husband just went and got it. The swimming pool was small and dirty. The tub didn't drain so we went and told them but they didn't fix it while we were there.

The beds were nice. The room was clean. The breakfast was good. It was quiet. There was a little fridge that we used. It had an ironing board and a blow dryer. The rooms were inside and the building is locked at night so no one can get in without a key.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

Worst hotel DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds Smoking

Bad location, it smelled like pet urine, across from a bar so very loud music, train track In back of hotel. This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at!!!

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

The place is a little tired, but it did the job in providing...

The place is a little tired, but it did the job in providing a comfortable place to stay. Breakfast was good - although so much waste - plastic plates/cutlery/cups, everything was packaged - and no recycling options.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

My expectations were met.
    • King Room -Smoking

Nothing really to complain about.

I appreciated the customer service, as well as the breakfast experience. No one complained that I did not eat in the small common area and instead choose to eat in my room. I really appreciated the late checkout. Thanks guy's...

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

Best hotel in the area for the price

The parking area seems limited although there is another parking area but you have to go through the backside of the hotel which luckily I have never used everytime we stayed. Most parking seems for compact cars so a little hard to maneuver.Good breakfast selections .

Clean rooms, friendly staff , well supplied towels and bathroom supplies. Quiet area

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

• King Room -Smoking

The elevator was broken and we were on the 3rd floor, broken glass in the lot, after our event there was no parking st the hotel so I parked at a Ralph's store, and the hotel was dated and smelly. Pictures advertised are not an honest depiction

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Breakfast was good?

The elevator was not working and I was not informed.i had things to take off. up to work on. And it was too much to carry up and down.

Breakfast was good?

Never again!!!!

The outside doors were propped open all night for anyone to enter the halls at any time. Our deadbolt was broke so we had to prop a chair up to the door. There was a family living, yes LIVING in the room next door and they fought during very late hours, screaming and cussing at a child. Constant crying and banging. We complained at 11:00 pm and all the staff told us was that we could move to another room. We asked if they could please make them get quiet and we were told that they lived there in that room and nothing would be done. We got no sleep the last night that we were there and asked for a refund but was told no.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

Unsafe and Pathetic

Having to wake up to a broken elevator with handicapped spouse, no certainty of it being fixed, safely descending 2 flights of steep chairs, no ground level rooms, only one way to re-enter by pulling steel cable passing through door pulling crash bar, having to argue about keeping cleaning staff out of room while trying to move 3 weeks of clothes and Med equipment down steps, having to move cleaning staffs cart out of way to safely enter exit stairwell, not having a taller, stronger and more cooperative English speaking helper, the smell of smoke(pot?) from floor above 1st 2 nights where elevator was scheduled to be out of service forcing us to move to another Series of rooms where elevator failed.

Close in under cover parking

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

The price was great and parking a d wifi was included

Rooms are outdated .. housekeeping never returned to our room.to.clean it .. garbage was there and never taken out.. door keys kept.disactivating...

The price was great and parking a d wifi was included

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

Wasn't terrible.

The breakfast was not the best. The eggs almost seemed fake and there was no toast, nothing really nice and nutritious. No fruit or anything.

The bed was cozy, and the room overall was pretty clean. My special requests such as extra towels and extra pillows were not fulfilled.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Stay away!!!

Obnoxious neighbor, on the phone LOUD day and night. Staff would not do anything. Didn't want to bother the other guest. 3 days in, they asked her to quiet down. Too little, too late. Outlet for coffee maker was shorting out. Had to call under desk to switch lamp & coffee maker plugs. Two table lamps were wobbly, barely working (after jiggling switch). Wallpaper was peeling in bath. Tub drain clogged, SLOW to drain. Several strands of long, black hairs (not ours) on bath floor. Toilet seat is unstable, cheep plastic. Elevator slow. Asked staff to mop bubbles in elevator. Twenty minutes later still not cleaned.

Breakfast was just OK. Make it yourself waffles were good. (But eggs were rubbery, overcooked). Housekeeping staff was helpful.

• Reviewed: 18 November 2016

Some staff very friendly
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds Smoking

Staff could not find reservation every time. Staff was shown email with confirmation booking number. Prices went up every week too expensive!!!

Some staff very friendly

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

The bed!

Staff rude!! Employee didn't explain the room receipt on first check in! Find out latter the difference will be on my bank account once it's finish pending on my bank account! What was listed on Booking.com was still the same price on the receipt during check out! Once my payment was excepted I immediately looked at my bank account to make sure the same price was on the receipt, it was not! I was not given a parking tag! He told me and my wife " he can't deal with us right now! Took my ID and credit card because the system was down for maintenance! An attendant came to our room and gave me my ID and credit and did not apologize for any inconvenience!

The bed! Comfy! Pillow not!!! Way too small like super micro pillows!

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

The Staff Saved the Day
    • King Room -Smoking

First off somehow, we ended up with a Smoking Room. I thought I ordered a Non Smoking Room. The Smoking/pets allowed room we were placed in the first night, had a broken electrical outlet, the desk chair Ergo Up/down was broken, the side wooden chair had terrible liquid staining. The Floor was spotted with bleach (probably stains were from efforts to clean up animal waste.). There were two buildings, the first night we were put in the Smoking and Animals permitted building. There was a strange odor in our room. The bathroom sink counter had animal bite marks. There was loud barking from dogs in the room across the hall from us along with banging on the doors, after 11:00 PM. This was reported and the staff put a stop to it. Lisette, the Supervisor, moved us to a Non Smoking Room the second night. This was an upgrade to a suite. The room was cleaner and in better shape, however, it was not up to standards usually associated with a suite. Overall, I believe that the staff was the saving grace. Courteous, helpful, with a genuine concern for their guests. Lisette, said that they were scheduled for a remodel of all their rooms starting Jan 2017. Hope so, it would be a shame, if they didn't do it, with such a good staff, they need to keep the staff and upgrade their facility to attract repeat customers.

The staff was extremely helpful. The Supervisor Lisette, was very accommodating. Morning Breakfast was OK! I believe the eggs were powered eggs and bland. There was only one toaster, that took forever to toast whatever you were trying to toast. The question that always comes up is: "Would you stay there again." Ans: Yes, with reservations, about the status of the rooms. Double check to be sure that the Non Smoking Rooms is ordered. Call ahead and see if the remodel has been started after the first of the year. The staff truly saved the day for us. We have family that lives in the general area and we are looking for a nice place reasonably priced. So yes, we would come back, but like I said, we would double check a couple of things.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Outstanding everything

They took $150 security deposit without informing me, not in writing or verbal, but everything else was great I stayed in the same chain hotel in El Paso Texas everything else outstanding as well so I highly recommend this hotel chain wherever you go especially in this one in Chatsworth,ca as well as El Paso, Tx which I tried

Everything was outstanding

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

We are a spontaneous couple and we make time for leisure time alone!

Everything was to our complete satisfaction.

We didn't eat breakfast. As a couple, we like to spontaneously escape our obligations and enjoy our time together without interruption!

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

Courteous staff serving rubbish food in stenchy stuffy rooms

Breakfast was poor. Nasty processed eggs and sausages served everyday. Air conditioning was ineffective. Not enough fresh air around the property. Rooms had a stench

Staff was courteous and wifi was top notch

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Where my room was located for some reason there were doors...

Where my room was located for some reason there were doors being slammed loudly

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

everything

all waa good

everything

Nice visit

I like everything

Good air conditionss

Ramada Where I met someone I'm falling in love for all over again....
    • Standard King Room - Smoking

Couldn't sleep the whole time

Being able to be me without fear off being singled out

Chatsworth

The beds weren't comfortable.

Staff and breakfast

Staff

Staff

The staff and location

The staff and location

Pretty much everything!

Pretty much everything! Was very clean quite and the staff was very friwndly.

Love the bed and pillows.
    • Deluxe King Suite

Love the bed and pillows. Pet friendly.

Going down in quality
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access - Smoking

There were nats in my room and the door to unit 1206 had a big gap that was like 3" from the floor.

The location and the breakfast

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Peaseful!

Good visit, very quit and peaceful night.

Convenient location 4 my bussines

Frustrating

You dont wantbto know

Night desk person by the name of Gonzalo was very kind and helpful.

Parking.

Food was alright.

Review

Parking, that is about it.

Everything was great. I enjoyed my stay

Will never stay at this hotel again!!
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Everything else other than the eggs and the bed,

The eggs and the bed.

Awful. None of the room keys they provided us with worked the entire week!

Everything else besides the breakfast.

Breakfast ok.

Amazing!

Parking is a little small

The room is clean

It was amazing I loved everything

I liked everything and the beds made me relax so much I had a good night sleep!

The breakfast was great❗️
    • Standard King Room - Smoking

My necklace was stolen & the room service took over an hour and my food was cold❗️❗️❗️❗️❗️

The breakfast was great❗️