Reviews of Ramada by Wyndham Commerce/Los Angeles Area 2.3 stars

7272 East Gage Avenue, Commerce, CA 90040, USA

#4 of 5 hotels in Commerce

I am willing to stay here one more night.
    • Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

Two of the rooms we stayed in were infested with ants. There was a sharp, pungent smell present in two of the rooms. This was most evident in the bathrooms.

The bed was very comfortable.
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel was under remodeling and we weren't aware so lots of dust and construction during our stay. The windows had no sort of black out curtains that we could close during sleep so lots of light came in, no way to sleep in with that.

The bed was very comfortable. The rooms were nice and friendly staff. Lots of parking available .

This was an overnight getaway and we enjoyed every moment.
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Even though the hotel was under construction, the quality of the room was excellent. Updated & comfortable bed. Location wasn’t too bad. Just minutes from Downey where there’s plenty of restaurants, movies, bars and even a club!

Tired of trying to make your internet work
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The fact my business suffered a entire day at your facility.

I like the price. But your internet did me and my husband no good our business. The ac was loud therefore we did not sleep comfortable. And when finally slept we missed breakfast. Which we asked at front when breakfast was served. The reply was "what breakfast?".

Suited me well for my travel needs
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The property is being renovated, but looks to complete soon. Some may find the renovation work inconvenient. However, for me it was ok. The construction workers appeared to try to limit being intrusive in areas the guests frequent. I will use this property again and again.

The staff is attentive and friendly. 24 hour security on site. Very serious about patrolling and watching vehicles on the property.

As soon as I checked in the receptionist where un friendly...
    • Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

As soon as I checked in the receptionist where un friendly & unwelcoming. I look over the hotel looked in shambles and under construction. Check in was at 6 hallways seemed dark and unsafe even the elevator had graffiti! I had my husband walk to the car because it looked horrible to even walk to your car! This also had a false ad saying it had breakfast and a gym! They don have breakfast or a gym! Never staying at this branch if this is what I went thru. Your better off staying across the street at a motel 6 it looked in a better state then this.

Great value for hotel location.
    • Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

In my room Air conditioner was set to minimum temp of 68 F. Air conditioner switched off, fan kept recirculating the hot air produced by the unit. This room was not comfortable for sleep and became stuffy after shower use. Not all rooms have the minimum limit. Perhaps I could have adjusted the unit, if I had known how. Small issue that I will address in advance when staying here in the future.

Friendly helpful staff, attentive serious outside security. Hotel is remodeling the interior property. Should be completed soon. For me worth the small inconvenience currently. Look forward to the remodel. I will stay again in the future.

The room was nicely remodeled
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The entire building was under construction and it was loud. Also the remodeling was poorly done in the hallways so it made the hotel seem cheap.

The room was nicely remodeled

I wouldn't stay due to not being able to have my pet.
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

That pets are not allowed.. Had to look for a relative to watch my small dog. Stood on the 1st floor, all kinds of construction going on had to go on the elevator for 2nd floor and walk down the hall way to go back down the stairs to the 1st floor to get to my room.

The room was comfortable and nice looking.

Very clean.
    • Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

Strong weed odor through the hallways. Pool water freezing. They wanted to charge me (keeping the deposit) for an old stain on the carpet of my room. Parking too small.

Very clean.

Nice place to stay - Easy access to freeways
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The only negative was that the gym was under renovation. However, I'm sure it will be cool once completed.

The rooms were nice and clean. Super friendly staff! The location was convinient.

I really hated yhe whole noise but I had already reserved to cancel it
    • Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

Before booking it , the app should advice you about the remodeling going on . The noise you expected in the morning at 8am. Parking was really bad aswell.

The bed was comfortable

😀
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I didn't enjoy that the light in the bathroom came on with a sensor it was so bright & annoying. There was no way to keep it off it sucks if you have a hangover

The elevator needed some cleaning and definitely new paint

Male Manager affected my out look on the respect they have for there costumers.They put on an act.
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Arguing with the manager as he insisted that all he do was change my room after inconvenience of niose.He insisted that I was not being reasonable and I told him put your self in my shoes. The bottom line is he was not understanding and did not meet me half way in our conversation very ignorant person.

The Denny’s next door

Near freeways.
    • Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

Under renovation, poor parking, if you arrive late at night difficult to find a parking spot, unless you're willing to park in the dark far away. The curtains cannot close to make the room darker if you want to take a day nap.

Near freeways. Clean rooms. Easy access

Disappointed
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The staff is not allowed to photo copy my ID, nor my credit card, I should not have to request they don’t. The elevators need to be mainted, the paint was literally falling off the walls. The windows don’t close all the way. The “exercise room” was non-existent and the pool was really dirty.

The room was a lot nicer than the initial presentation.

The remodeled rooms were really nice
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

My boyfriend has asthma and the dust from the construction made his asthma act up. Had we known ahead of time we might have considered some where else. However the rooms were nice and dust free for the most part.

The remodeled rooms were really nice

lovely stay, thank you.
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The hallways on floor 2 were in the middle of renovation, so a little off-putting but once in the room we were great, newly remodeled.

Newly renovated. Quiet. Very nice & clean.

Poor customer service
    • Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

Cable was not working properly. The problem could not be resolved before we left. There was little or no sympathy and no mention of comps or anything for my inconvenience.

The bathroom was decent size the bed was a good size
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The guy at the front was rude the ice machine didn't work there hallways were very dirty the walls the carpet the door would get stuck you couldn't open it to close it you had to literally push with all your weight

The bathroom was decent size the bed was a good size

Good size of room and nice layout
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The staff was so rude and disrespectful. On Saturday night while me and my partner went out, the staff members went inside my room and locked my keys of the room. Who does that?? And I go to the front desk to ask about why my keys were locked , he told me "the room is only for 2 people, if someone else stays there I'm going to call the cops to kick you out" . It was only me and my partner = 2 people. I have no idea why they did this, but it was so embarrassing and disrespectful. Treat your employees to have proper manners and to not enter rooms when the people are not there.

Good size of room and nice layout

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

My stay at ramada commence
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

For the king size room, the view outside was terrible. Because you see all the garbage and furniture being thrown away. Their was no good view (room 248). The parking lot needed more parking space. The light in the room was to dark. Could not see anything.

The room was very presentable. The motion light sensor in the bathroom was a good idea. The room smelled very nice. I liked how the room had a microwave and fridge.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Blind and Crowded
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The bathroom light was on a sensor, therefore if one takes awhile taking a shower, or in the toilet the light turns off leaving customers in total dark. My elder mother fell cause she couldn't see her way out the tub! Too much, and too big furtinure...I struggled to find a place to put the ironing board!

The location was central to where i needed to go, and the resturant was next door.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

First night Heater did not work switched they allowed use to...
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

First night Heater did not work switched they allowed use to switch rooms once they confirmed the heat didn't work. Had to confirm first. Following day found roach. Checked out still charged for the night.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Was a comfortable stay
    • Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

The 1st room I was provided the heater/air didn't want to turn on, someone came to check it and they got it to work however after that through out the night it would turn on randomly and blow cold air and we were unable to turn off. I didn't like it being near a lot of industrial. The hotel is being renovated which is understandable.

The staff were really helpful, and instantly moved us to another room when our heater/air didn't work. The remodeled rooms were nice.

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

Great place to stay
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The style of the comforter doesn't fit the style of the room. It looked nothing like what you see online.

The rooms are freshly redone. We loved the style and decor of our room and the color scheme. Having Denny's downstairs and the fact that they deliver to your room for $1 was extra cool. The menu was right on the night stand and they were only a quick dial away.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

I was trying to stay another night and the clerk at the...

I was trying to stay another night and the clerk at the front desk said to me that the night clerk that check me in did not charge me the $100.00 deposit and she was asking for it and I did not have it and I moved to another Hotel. and at 9:00 am they have work done making all kind of noise and I could not slee. In

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

Looks impressive from the outside, but small details add up and drag it down to a 1 Star.
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Bad tv reception, door lock bad, extension cords in room, water was cloudy, elevator doors dirty & need paint, parking area dark.

Location looks imprs

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

Need more personal, to handle emergencies!
    • Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

The t.v. didn't work and front desk couldn't help, cause there was no maintenance on premises, to much noise down the hall.

The room was clean and bed was nice and comfy.With lot's of pillows!

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

Didn't like the hotel. Beds to wear out,
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Place under new management alot of labor work going araund drilling esrly in the morning no breakfast, only coffe in your room self prep

Close to highways and shopping

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Elevators are slow and old.

Almost everything

Elevators are slow and old...really old plus there are alot of noise from workers all over the floor and they wont move us to a quiet room

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

Worst value going
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The hotel was being redone and a mess, I got moved to a worse room, there were no plugs for my electronics (in either room) - I was told the pool was open but it was a MESS. The staff could not answer questions about what was avail and I got locked out of the room. There was no coffee/tea or breakfast NOT a good value for what I paid I would never stay again or recommend

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

Dont stay here! Under construction and staff not helpful!
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Hotel under construction and the room was not complete so it was dirty, doors chipped, wallpaper ripped/torn, carpet not stapled well to floor/walls. Front desk clerk checked me into a 2-bed room, but i had reservations for 1-king bed room. I requested he change my room to what i reserved, but he said they were all booked and there was nothing he could do. Terrible place to stay at.

Denny's next to hotel.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

Check other locations before you book.
    • Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

Only half of the hallway useable due big items along the wall. Peeling paint all over rooms and building. Elevators felt unsafe, so I used the stairs. Parking is not well lit. No fridge in room. Towels placed over toilet. Bathroom fan not working.

Easy Check-in

I'm sure it will be better once the renovations are complete and better staff are hired.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The front desk staff was useless. He sent me to a dirty room at first, then gave me a room that looked like it was still under construction and when I asked him how the rooms were supposed to look, he had a dumb smile on his face and said, "I don't know." Finally the manager put me in a better room.

The hotel was in close proximity to where I needed to be.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Bed was comfortable and clean.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The place seems has shower knobs for the sink, felt like the room use to be a storage room converted into a bedroom. Rooms out in San Diego are way better and nicer for the same price. I think for quality of the room and location the prices should be way lower

Bed was comfortable and clean.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

For some reason we were given the handicapped access room.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

For some reason we were given the handicapped access room. This meant there was a sink with no storage and a shower head that had to be held by hand. It needs repair: peeling wallpaper, dirt in corners, pretty gross. If I wasn't so tired when we checked in I would have left.

Lived the rooms to
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Need a spa and later pool hours

Great staff & location.
    • Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

The basic cleanliness was not up to par.

Great staff & location.

COMFY AND CLEAN
    • Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

It's very friendly and peaceful

Pleasantly neat and clean

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

This entire hotel is under construction holes hammers noise. Overpriced and not clean.

Comfortable
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Very much low-key secluded quiet and clean

I would not recommend at this time.
    • Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

Hotel was under construction and smelled like paint and materials everywhere.

. Bed was clean and comfortable.

Close to my work

Close to my work

Good

It was all good

Good

Everything was fine

Everything was fine

The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful

Property is under construction it too Noise and pollution...
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Property is under construction it too Noise and pollution earlier morning

Service was good.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Hotel under construction, very noise and dusty. Was not made aware.

Service was good.

I just stayed to sleep ... nothing else !!
    • Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

That they didn’t say that the whole hotel is under construction.... dusting carpets walls need painting just a big mess.

The Beds

Reception area needs to be upgraded ,old furniture

Reception area needs to be upgraded ,old furniture

I WILL NEVER EVER BOOK HERE AGAIN !
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Under construction .Banging at all hours of the day and evening ! Staff very rude ! Hallway was not vacuumed all weekend.

Absolutely NOTHING !

Everything wash excelente ten quiero so much

Everything wash excelente ten quiero so much

Awesome in everyway!

Leaving

The warm friendly staff and the brand new renovations.

....

Please see above

Not one thing. They are disrespectful to the military and I will never go to that Ramada again.

Clean room. Building in poor condition
    • Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

Lots of construction in building smell of clf mold or clue in hallway s. Elevator walls dirty

The Tv only had 2 channels working and it wasn’t Even HD it...
    • Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

The Tv only had 2 channels working and it wasn’t Even HD it would lose signal every 5mins there was no complimentary soap or shampoo

It was decent

The elevator

It was week

4.0
    My wife was almost trap by the elevator.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Too much noise,couldn't rest.

The comfort of the room.
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The programming of the television..

The comfort of the room..

Room was pretty clean.
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Doesnt have a mini fridge

Room was pretty clean.

I would definitely stay again

No ice machines, n

New appliances

Clean rooms staff nice security guard on duty, will stay again
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Hallways smelled musty pool was closed exposed wiring

It is under remodel construction so can't give better review

Room was very nice
    • Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

Size and how slow the elevator was.

Room was very nice

Comfortable bed

Too noicy

Comfortable bed

No one said under construction!

Didn't!

Didn't!

The room is big an clean
    • Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

The carpet in the corridor is dirty

The room is big an clean

Erica front desk clerk.

Under construction clutter.

Erica front desk clerk. Newly remodeled rooms

If the A/C would have been working, it would have been a better stay.
    • Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

The A/C in the room didn't work.

Everything was clean

Smells bed!

Smells bed!!!!!

You should let the guest know that it was under construction.
    • Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

You should let the guest know that it was under construction. We even had cucarachas in our room 😵

Excellent customer service and very clean up no

Excellent customer service and very clean up no

room wasn't clean- construction on site very loud.
    • Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

room wasn't clean- construction on site very loud.

The room was very clean and nice

N/a

The room was very clean and nice

Room was updated
    • Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

Common areas have not been touched

Room was updated

Average at best
    • Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

The large gap at the bottom of the hallway door.

The rooms were clean