Reviews of The Hotel @ New York City 3 stars

161 Lexington Avenue, Kips Bay, New York, 10016, USA

#349 of 415 hotels in New York

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Didn't spend much time at our room, so it served it's purpose.

No place to put your clothes! No hangers. No closet. No place to put your suitcase. Was told that we would have a fridge and microwave, but no microwave, & the fridge was not cool enough to trust it with food. No place to put your shampoo and soaps. Had to put them on the floor ledge of the shower. No ventilation in the bathroom, & no screen on the window, so we had a few flies that got in. The safe didn't work, & we ended up asking for another room. The only room available was a queen, & we had to give up the king, with no reimbursement. Still, the rooms are pretty much all the same, but we did get hangers and a closet with the queen size bed.

The location was convenient to the Empire State Building, & catching the tour buses. The breakfast was fine. The maintenance man was courtious, & helped us change rooms, but the front desk lady was very cynical, & acted like I was ridiculous for wanting to hang my clothes.

The room was very comfy.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I did not like the shower. There was no sliding door or anything to keep water from getting everywhere. There was also an unpleasant smell when getting off of the elevator.

The room was very comfy. Not far from the train & quite convenient. Everything I was looking for was in the area.

I would never stay here again. AVOID this place at all costs.

BAIT AND SWITCH SCAM!! DO NOT STAY HERE!! I booked a room with TWO queen beds. Upon arrival they said they only have ONE queen bed with a SOFA couch. There was also no running water the first day.

It looked renovated.

Clean an comfy room with great continental breakfast.

The location is about .8 miles from the nearest subway station. We walked about 10 miles/day so it wasn't an issue for us, but it may be an issue if you can't walk very far. There was no closet in the room, this was not an issue for us as we were only there 3 full days and there was plenty of drawer space.

The room was very clean and modern. The bed and pillows were more comfortable than what I have at home. The linens were 5 steps above normal hotel linens. The staff was very efficient and accommodating. There were many options for the continental breakfast: bagels/cream cheese, toast, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, donuts, cereal, waffles, apples, banana, coffee and juice,

Too expensive for what it is .
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Too expensive for what it is . I paid 300 dollars per night for this place , which is not even 3 stars , rooms are clean but not worth 300 dollar a night. First night I got a room where the tv was in the side on the bed , the bathroom was nice but little details missing like a place inside the shower to put the soap. No a desk inside of a room. I didn’t like, I complain about the room and they change me to a better room , still is just a 2 star hotel service , and looks to charge that amount of money.

Good room, central, poor breakfast.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was poor and the eating conditions were cramped. It was as though someone had built the hotel and then realised that they had forgotten to add on a kitchen. "a continental breakfast" was code for "some sugary packaged serials and a piece of fruit."

very central. the room was spotless, the bed pretty comfortable and the shower and bathroom was very good.

The room was very nice and cozy, not too large but spacious...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was very nice and cozy, not too large but spacious none the less. The entire facility seemed clean and well kept, the staff was nice and helpful when needed.

Good location for getting out and exploring Manhattan.

The hotel doesn't accept chip & pin and therefore my card wasn't accepted. I was told to go get cash then pay an extra £100 as a deposit because I was paying cash.

Good location for getting out and exploring Manhattan. Bed was amazingly comfy

Love it

Very nice room,comfortable king's size bed,stylish room.Beautiful bathroom.Very good location. Perfect continental breakfast. Loved everything. Definitely coming back

The location, the cleanliness.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Some of the staff are like they dont want to be there. No extractor in the bathroom. Also when you see thru the window you can see pigeon droppings everywhere not to enjoyable.

The location, the cleanliness. The room was little but comfortable and I love the decoration.

Great location but cramped
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No towel rack in bathroom! No soap dish in shower. No mirror in room (only bathroom). Tight quarters. No desk or place to write

Clean. Nice view . Good housekeeping

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

In general it was ok, the location is near many tourist attractions.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I didn't like the breakfast, it has to be improve. It was to much sugar and carbs present on it. And I didn't like the air conditioner it was really noisy.

The location, you can walk around and find tourist attractions.

Breakfast, the bed and sheets, the AC, the location, the...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The noise from construction on the roof that they were doing, the fact that they charged a hold of almost the whole stay on my card as well as charged the full amount early on. So I was overdrawn on my account for about a week. Not enough shelves or storage in the bathroom. Nowhere to put the soap in the shower etc.

Breakfast, the bed and sheets, the AC, the location, the fridge and coffeemaker, WiFi

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Overall, good value for the money.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There were very few condiments available at breakfast. No packets of mayonnaise, dark mustard, relish, etc. Just salt and pepper. For a few pennies of expense, the breakfast would have been much more enjoyable. The bedroom was just large enough for one person, which was OK since I was traveling alone, but would have been too small had I been with a companion.

The bed was very comfortable. The breakfast hours were convenient.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

It was what I expected and fair value for the price.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was awkwardly designed, almost a railroad flat; inadäquate and not enough hangers.

The bathroom was spacious and adequate for my needs as a handicapped person.

Extremely comfortable
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The lady at check in was so unfriendly she didn’t even give me any information or say thank you. The man on the reception the next day was amazing and so helpful.

The bed was very comfy. Great choice on TV and the shower was so nice.

Fair experience, good place.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The new style is not perfect, there is no door or any other protections between the shower room and the rest of the bathroom, making waters splashing out while showering.

Things are good. This is my third(?) time staying here. Seems they re-decorated during this year. Wi-fi is getting better.

Fine location, sufficient comfort
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

- stuff (lady) at the reception desk when I arrived seemed to be bored by my presence - bit noisy from the street (rather old windows)

- location - nice room with good view at the street - clean

For New York a good place to base your stay reasonable and good standard rooms
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The entrance lobby could look more inviting, the building had apparently been recently damaged by a flood and going up in the lift was drab, I would have covered the windows in the lifts with a stick on scene. The view was very poor from our room and noise carried you could hear conversations in nearby rooms.

The room and bathroom looked recently refurbished and were lovely the breakfast was a continental and a good variety and the room had a fridge and coffee maker. The bathroom was excellent.

Overall pretty nice hotel!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

At first the no elevator for 2 days was a nightmare but it got normal after we got the luggage to our room. After all It was the stormy rains that damage it and it was not the hotels fault. And the end they gave us a compensation for those troubles and for me that was a really nice gesture. Me and my newly wed wife loved the service from the staff the one that received us and the one women in the cafeteria, she was awesome. The location is perfect. We love to walk and we got to go on the train to the 86th street and Walk to Central Park and from there walk all the way throu the Rockefeller Plaza and then time square till we arrieved at the hotel! It was brilliant! We saw almost all manhattan in 2-1/2 days! Amazing location.

The bed is like a cloud - I have been staying in NY hotels...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The elevator is bit slow and long wait for elevator to come, although perhaps it was just the day I was there.

The bed is like a cloud - I have been staying in NY hotels while I find an apt. in NY, and this hotel by far had the most comfortable bed.

My 1st experience
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Very poor breakfast options and that dark blue/green paint in the room wasn't doing it for me.

It was clean apart from the elevator breaking and have to walk up and down the stair from the top floor that requires the use of the elevator.

I stayed at the hotel during a rain storm and the morning...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I stayed at the hotel during a rain storm and the morning well I was check out the elevators were broken because there was water coming into the elevator shaft. There was no notice of the issue.

If it sounds like a crap hotel.... It probably is.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Staff was horrible. Elevators broke. Had to walk up and down 6 flights of stairs. Booked. Different hotel and set up a refund from this one. The hotel then proceeded to charge me full price for 4 nights when I only stayed one. Needless to say, my bank is looking into fraud committed by this establishment.

Nothing. Absolutely nothing

Nice and clean hotel in NYC
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Getting to the hotel with public transportion was not easy. We had to make a few transfers with the subway or walk for 15 minutes from the station. Even though the area is nice and quite. The breakfast was poor.

The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. The staff were kind and let us check in earlier.

Location is fantastic
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It rained quite a bit the night we stayed. When we were checking out, the elevator wasn't working. Thankfully, we only had to walk down six flights with luggage. A note on the elevator would have been nice. The woman at the front desk was not very friendly in general and not apologetic at all regarding the elevator situation. Just didn't seem to care.

Location is fantastic

Not exactly what I expected
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Well for the most part both elevators was not working and we had a room on the 12th floor So we had to walk up and walk back down 12 flights every time we needed to get something or we were going out also on the 12th floor I was in room 1201 right above the the door the ceiling cracked and the sheet rock was exposed all over the floor they also there was construction as well being done in the morning so it was pretty noisy in the morning Didn’t really smell too good in the hallways as well

It was an easy-going place very quiet front desk agent and Staff was very Nice and helpful

It was awful and it was bugs in the room never will I stay...

I didn’t like anything that this facility had to offer because it had no amenities the only amenity that I can say the property had was water and it wasn’t even hot when you needed it to be....!!!!

It was awful and it was bugs in the room never will I stay there again and I will never recommend this place to anyone..!!!!!!!

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Good location. Accommodating staff.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The lady assigned at the counter on the day of my departure was fighting with someone on the phone. Quite irritating. There's a certain unpleasant smell along the corridors. Sweat? Body door? Unclean carpet smell? I'm not sure.

I arrived at 10am But the staff was so accommodating. He immediately gave me a room without a fuzz. So nice! I was so pleasantly surprised! Metro station just a block away. Convenient to get around.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Terrific Value--surprisingly comfortable and stylish place to stay.

Not a thing.

Very comfortable, clean. Best location for the price--truly convenient. Staff was warm, efficient. European style breakfast room included, which is a great perk. I would absolutely stay again.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Very nice place to stay in NYC
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

This is a remodeled hotel and the room was very nice and the bathroom was cool. The bed was extra comfy. The a/c worked well and wasn't noisy like some places. The breakfast was appreciated but pretty standard. Like what they serve at Comfort Inn. The location was good. Not really near much of anything, but not far from anything either. It was safe and clean all around it.

It was ok
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Male staffs that we encountered were nice enough to entertain the question and querries but unfortunately not the 2 female receptionist that we met, they were rude and awkward should not be assigned as being as receptionist in the Front, should be a manager in cleaning department

Cleanliness and location

very comfortable
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

for the nights that i stay i was asking to receive the rate previous to my last night so i could enjoyed more but it wasn't allowed by Upper management.

they will hold your bags and i love the flexibility of the late night employees, specially a lady who i wish i could remember her name she was amazing and very hospital oriented the place and the value you get for your money is great.

Cheap and cheerful. Rude staff.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast selection could have been better. Ice machine was also broken in the hallway.

The room was tidy and clean, excellent central location. Value for money was good. The staff were quite rude and unhelpful. I was at the desk checking in, the staff member that was checking me in took 3 phonecalls accommodating other persons whilst i stood there for 20 mins. This particular staff member was also quite rude. On my second morning i came down to speak to a member of staff at reception. A staff member saw me approach but remained having a personal conversation with a delivery man, which again was quite rude. Other than the rude and unhelpful staff of whom none ever smiled at any guests the hotel was a good choice for me based solely on location and price.

Central, clean and with a nice breakfast, The Hotel is a good choice!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Sometimes, the staff at the reception was not that welcoming or that much happy about being there.

The location of the hotel was fantastic, and it was close to the main avenues. The bedroom was fantastically clean, the bed was marvellous, and it was peaceful enough. The breakfast was one of the best, with a lot of choices.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

The bed was very comfortable and the pillow.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Just some small point tell the customer that they will be getting new curtain and char don't like the felling that just anyone is in my room made us fell uncomfortable . There was only one bedside cabinet which is no good for the person in my case on the left of the bed . Shower leaked so I reported it and even showed the mantenints man where is was but it still leaked a little which is a shame as the toilet is nicely decorated. Hope your can sort it out . One last pint clean under beds so much fluff and dust not nice

The bed was very comfortable and the pillow. It was a newly decorated room which was nice

I will return

No complaints

Love the feel of comfort of where we stayed, the room and when you asked the staff a question it was to the point and if asked for a hair dryer it was delivered asap. Most important I felt safe.

Great location, OK some things, eh for others...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I booked for 2 adults, yet there was only 1 washcloth in the room. There was 2 hand towels and 2 regular towels, but both regular towels had stains on them.

The location was perfect for where we needed to go and the bed was comfortable.

I wouldn’t stay here again.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The check in was cumbersome; their policies were totally different from other hotels in the city and took more than 25 mins for the checkin. The room was built in a weird manner; tv was placed on the right side of the bed, it was uncomfortable to watch it, barely any walking space in the room. The breakfast was very poor; no omelet or scrambled eggs.

Brief with a bit of rest
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Staff that greeted us, sarcastic answer to a valid question. I asked her is the “amount of money in sterling pounds or in dollars?” She replied “ its for me to find out since I am in America” frustrating specially if you are tired from a long journey.

Bed, toilet

Small hotel with perfect street view
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Night shift front desk guy had poor English and it was difficult to talk to him. I’ve paid for late check out. Seemed like service personnel wasn’t aware of this and everyone was knocking in my door and asking about time I’m leaving while I was doing my stuff there! Also I used shuttle bus to go to the airport and first the driver wanted to take me off between terminals what is absolutely not acceptable!

Generally, personnel on the front desk was polite. The location is very good, it’s close to all places. The room was clean but it was a bit humid and the conditioner couldn’t help with it.

Clean room
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

1. AC broken in the room: made impossibly loud noises, I needed to shut it down for a night and it was 94F outside. 2. when I arrived, I was told at reception that my reservation is cancelled by Booking.com because my Credit card was not valid. Booking.com never informed me about it and i kept getting emails with reservation being confirmed. 3. No hairdryer in the room: when I called front desk in the morning to get one, it took really long time for the staff member to bring it (and I was in the hurry to the meeting).

Clean room Breakfast

Save your money and found somewhere else
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Poor breakfast , past 10 am, no access . Boxes every corner, low safe area ,when someone leave a room , the whole building shake, door claps so loud, no rest, poor sleep. staff not civil at all.

The room for a promotion price was fairly maintained but not the building and if the price is not 80$ us /night as promotion , found somewhere else, specially if you need good and real sleep

The bed was comfortable.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel is very close to the subway and the room was fine. The reception wasn't the happiest people you'll see in New York City, the "manager" after an issue came up was not helpful at all, had to call more than 3-5 times and send a few emails to get things straightened I wouldn't choose it again.

The bed was comfortable. The only happy to see person in that hotel was the cleaning lady.

2nd floor rooms are not for light sleepers
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

My 2nd floor room was very noisy (street noise). The curtains were too thin and I could see the street light, even the crossing pedestrian light! They were a little smell of cigaret. It was a non smoking room. The utilities are very minimal; no hairdryer and iron available in the room.

The hotel has been renovated and the design/color are nice (green and gold). The room was small but the bathroom was quite big given the size of the room. Breakfast was included.

Location to subway and city were worth it!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The hot water was out several times during our stay due to problems with the boiler. It may be beyond their immediate control, but no compensations were provided; for the price paid, bathing shouldn't be optional...

Location to subway and city were worth it!

Would stay again if other spaces are booked due to location.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Had stayed here before under different name; some renovations including bath area. Now shower tiny...even for me. No soap holder/shelving...so awkward. Shower guard did not shield water from escaping to bath floor and floor guard too low to keep water within confines of shower to drain properly. No privacy shade on windows. No bedside or desk lighting; just a very dim overhead light.

A clean, comfortable, reasonably priced hotel in a good area with great staff and free breakfast!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The gym was undergoing refurbishments and so that was out of use, however the staff provided free passes to the local gym around the corner. The first room i was given was dark, and the 1 small window looked out straight onto a brick wall. But the staff were very helpful and moved me a great, room. They will not accept packages to the front desk prior to the guests arrival which was inconvenient for a business trip- especially as it was not mentioned before hand in the small print or hotel policies.

After a room change (my first room was large but very dark), the room was bright, light and airy, newly decorated and very comfortable. The bed was very comfy, the free breakfast, although simple, was very tasty and convenient and the staff were very helpful, friendly and warm despite some issues with getting pacjages delivered to the front desk. In a great location near lots of good restaurants, and well priced for the area. Would definately stay here again!

Disappointing stay, but good location.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room had no curtains to block out light. Smelly room. Water temperature in shower only reached warm.

Great location. It was closed to where I needed to be in the morning.

Hotel was good for my son & I.

Driving in the City to get to the Hotel, roadway fees, tunnel fees, bridge fees and learning ways around closed streets and the traffic.

Room is what you expect in NYC (small), building was old (so is NY). Good place to get your sleep and breakfast before going to see sights. Close to Subway, parking of car just a few blocks away. Good experience overall.

My stay was satisfactory because of the staff and location but room needs improvement.

The room lacked basic amenities like a chair, desk, luggage rack, floor mat or rug or even slippers to avoid contact with the cold floor. A shower hand rail would be nice to avoid slipping. The corridors are very dark because of the too dark blue paint.

The location is great. The upgrades while glitzy looking lack functionality.

The hotel was undergoing renovation.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel was undergoing renovation. The first room I was assigned had terrible lighting though terrific windows. The second was fine, also with good windows, except some TV channels did not work.

The breakfast was very basic.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The front desk staff at arrival seemed disinterested and unhelpful with my parking needs. The add on booking.com said there was parking. I assumed on site. Not so

The breakfast was very basic. I opted to eat elsewhere.

My first New York Stay
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There was no ice in the ice machine and when I told the front desk it was kind on an oh ok moment. When the cleaned the room they didn't leave enough wash cloths and I had to wait until the next day to get them. They are under construction currently and the breakfast that was there was nothing special we did better going to a street vender. We also booked our room as a smoking room only to get there and fin out there there are no smoking rooms in that hotel.

Our room was nice it was recently renovated.

Great location and comfortability
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The rooms are a bit old, however, they are renovating all the floors of the hotel slowly. You might receive one of the brand new bedrooms. Breakfast was a bit limited but it did its work as we were full until 3 pm at least.

The bed is unbelievably comfy. The location is great, right next to Little Korea and 10 min walking distance from the Empire and Grand Central. We walked all the time to the main attractions (Empire, Rockefeller centre, Times Square etc)

You won't be disappointed!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I wish they start breakfast earlier than 6:30. We had shows that we had to leave before 6

Central located lots of eating places and subway couple blocks away

Lokation was gread ,but hotel disapointing espechial for the price we paud for 4 nights .

We were given a room which was only halve way refurbished ,had no lights on the sides of the bed, only one bride ceiling light ,room was wary dark during the day .had no safe as advertised .Got given a new room the next day ,wich was a little better .Breakfast was poor ,no small goods .no descend bread .New room had a safe but was closed ,told reception ,but 3 days later when we checked out no one had looked at it .

The location was good ,could just about walk anywhere interesting

Nice and sweet
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There wasn't a waffle station to make waffles. Our room was kinda small for a big person but did the job.

The beds are comfy.(I didn't c any bed bugs)

I wouldn’t recommend this hotel. Poor customer service and awful room. Will never stay there again

I reserved a room with 2 Queen beds and it turns out that means 1 queen bed and a pull out mattress. When we arrived there was only 1 lady working the front desk and there was a line of people. Our room wasn’t cleaned yet, when we got to our room the pullout couch had no sheets or blankets. Also, our room had no fridge.

Great location is the only positive

Nice location
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There are some points I didn't like: there weren't side lamps on the side tables. If I needed light at night I had to walk to the switcher. I doesn't sound like an issue but if you like to read before bed it's annoying because than I had to return with my phone light on. The breakfast options are poor and always the same. No huge variety and a bit difficult if you are used to an healthy diet. No fresh bread: only slices for toasts, several cakes and donuts and some waffles in the fridge. There where boiled eggs which was nice. Something I found chocking in American hotels (this one including) is the disposable use of cups, plates (paper) and cutlery (plastic), that generates a lot of garbage each day. I simply don't understand why hotels don't use glass and metal plates and cutlery as in all the other parts of the world. The wifi connection is very unstable. No hair dryer in the room as advertised. I ended up not asking for one so I don't know if it was available or not.

The location is great in a very convenient and central spot. Walking distance for several sightseeing sites and metro stations. Several restaurants and coffee shops in the nearby. The room was spacious for NY standards.

Apart from one ceiling light in the bedroom, there were no...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Apart from one ceiling light in the bedroom, there were no bedside lights at all. Had to switch off the light at the door and walk in the dark back to bed. Very noisy fan noise from outside the window. Felt like sleeping in an airliner

I was very pleased with the staff and the room. A little noisy but the windows blocked it.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No overhead light because room is new and light not yet installed. No chair or desk. Very basic but excellent for the price.

Great windows, great light.

To say that the breakfast was scant would be an overstatement.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

To say that the breakfast was scant would be an overstatement. The hotel was under renovation during my stay and there was no advanced warning given about this fact and the fumes from the renovation process were strongly evident in both the renovated and non-renovated rooms which the hotel was providing to the guests. Very unprofessional action on the part of the hotel.

Perfect location to visit Manhattan!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The fact that there is only one light switch just at the entrance for the whole room and the light is terrible...

I liked the location, the comfort of the beds, the welcome at registration, the cleanliness.

This is the second time we've stayed here and we expect...

This is the second time we've stayed here and we expect to stay here whenever we visit New York. The location is great, close to two subway stations, and we get a great night's sleep (wonderful bed and quiet!).

It was a convenient location and the room was clean .
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There were no light bulbs in the ceiling fixture, so hard to find anything in my suitcase. Also no light bulbs in bathroom mirror and no exhaust fan in bathroom, so it stayed steamy for longer than was helpful in terms of getting ready.

Room was clean. Bed was comfortable. Happy about the gym pass. The staff were helpful and accommodating.

Buyer Beware...

Room was not done (part of a renovation at the hotel) no closet, no fan in BR, other than the BR (which had no vanity light) the only light in the room was a dim ceiling light, there were holes with plates where the reading lights were to be placed, but not installed yet. No drapes on windows (only a translucent screen). The staff tried to make up for this by giving me a 10% discount only when I complained. I think a 40% discount and a heads up before I arrived at midnight would have been more appropriate.

Staff tried to be accompdating

I did not like that we had to pay so much for parking and...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I like that it was convenient to a lot of places .. exp clubs , Time Sqare and stores..

I did not like that we had to pay so much for parking and there is no parking for guests at the hotel or even have a day pass for guests at the hotel

It was a nice experience
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I have not received my deposite/security money back even after 48h. I will request staff to kindly look into it.

Location was excellent, staff was so helpful. I will specially thanks to Harry for returning back my credit card which I have misplaced.

I was very happy with the accommodations, It met all our needs.

The lobby is bare bones. There is nothing comfortable about it and it would be nice if there was a common area where one could spend time instead of sitting in your room.

Staff was very friendly. The hotel is at a great central location. It is good value for the price and certainly met all our needs.

Great for a one night stay if you don't care about amenities and need to sleep somewhere.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The wifi was terrible, the fitness center is a block down the street that wasn't even open in the morning (opened at 12PM even though it says OPEN 24 HOURS on the sign), there was mold on the shower ceiling, coffee pot was dirty - had a hair in it

Prime location, you can walk to lots of places in this neighborhood.

I received a phone call promptly at check out time when I...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I received a phone call promptly at check out time when I was not already checked out, however I had requested an extended check out. It just felt pushy.

Too expensive for that room!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Paint smell, no smoke detectors, no hair dryer, breakfast was continental which is fine but not advertised that way! Breakfast was advertised until 10:30 and went down at 10:20 to find the door closed! Was offered coffee but I don’t drink coffee!

Good for
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I was given a room on the 2nd floor at first. The window did not block the light and it was incredibly noisy! Also, it did not have all the amenities that the website mentioned, like ironing. The gym is also shutdown. I complained at the front desk and was changed to another apartment, and solved all the problems. The wifi was not working well.

There is breakfast included, which is great. The location is great.

Just about OK at present - should be better after renovation
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There is extensive renovation taking place in this hotel. Sometimes workman were using the lift and reception area, which at times became congested and the floors were often dusty. Our room had not been renovated. The bathroom had a very strong chemical smell. The taps leaked when we turned them on and the toilet seat moved whenever we sat on it. Our room was shabby and the foam mattress tended to make our bodies sweat. On two consecutive mornings my wife woke up with bites on her arms. The people on reception were not very talkative although we did find the housekeeping staff were very good. Breakfast was OK but there was no hot food apart from microwaved waffles. I would not book this hotel until all the renovation work has been completed.

The location of the hotel is good. Free newspapers and free access to computers and printer in the reception area. Free safe in the room. Ample toiletries in the bathroom and clean towels every day.

Browse The Hotel @ New York City traveller photo gallery