Reviews of Days Inn by Wyndham College Park 2 stars

9113 Baltimore Avenue, College Park, MD 20740, USA

#5 of 8 hotels in College Park

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

More pest be accepted in this Hotels at list small.

I like the cleaning lady she did talk Spanish was easy to ask for things I need it cuz I talk Spanish too, love the head shower I'm trying to get for my shower, like that my small dog was with me and was not a problem. He is part of the family to,like the food, like the room was big and was easy to go in and out.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bathroom could have been cleaner. I found a piece of dental floss on the edge of the bathtub.

Good value, front end staff very helpful the night we checked in! Coffee was good in the morning!

• Deluxe Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

No exhaust fan in the bathroom

Everything was clean----only complaint is there was no exhaust fan in the small bathroom. The Air condition was not turned on upon arrival-Hot in the room when we entered.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was night fight after midnightGroup of people up stears created awful noise using foul language and definitely under influence of drugs.

The price for 3 nights,but then it was changed during next 3 nights,every night it went higher and higher.

• King Room- Non-Smoking

The room was drab. I was on the first floor in the back. I had to keep the curtain closed all the time as the cars were parked nearly up to the windows. Some vehicle owners preheated their startup in the morning; others left lights on for a long period at night.

What eggs? It was breads and coffee and oatmeal. The bus stop was right near the hotel. College Park Metro station is located too far down from Baltimore Ave. It is isolated. No taxis are situated there.

Every thing.

This hotel not recommended at all. Poor cleanless. Poor breakfast. Reciption Staff are not professional. I took a room which was a disaster. The air condition was to noisy .the windo room was facing a wall. There were her bugs. It was a horrible night. I checked in at 2am and checked out at 10 am. Could not stay any longer. The breakfast was POOR.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room smells( not just an ordinary smell it smells weeds) Noisy. Someone fighting in the hall way. Police had to knocked on our door at 2am to gain access in the patio. Police arrested people next door.

• Deluxe Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The owner went off on the left side of room. No fridge, no lights...Telephone in room didn’t work...used my cellphone to call front desk no answer 7 times when front desk answered. He asked me “What’s the point in calling him”. When I stated I was unhappy. His response was What do you want me to do

• King Room- Non-Smoking

I disliked how small the room was. I also didn't like that they didn't have multiple choices for breakfast.

I loved how it was right beside many stores.i also enjoyed the clean and warm queen bed.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No single use slippers in the room. Some weed smoke in the elevator at night.

The room is neat and tidy. There's a small balcony on second-flour room. Easy to find near the street. Quiet than expected.

See above.

Nothing. The bed was old, broken down and ratty. All the workers were coming in and out having breakfast to the point that we, the guests, had to wait while they prepared their food and ate. We've never seen anything like it. We will never stay there again.

• King Room- Non-Smoking

I book non smoking room the room smell mariwana so bad i couldnt sleep the hole night ad to spanish workers even talk english and disrepectifull a lot of prostituts noise all the night

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Neighbors were noisy walls too thin management failed to respond to noise complaints. Housekeeping knocking over my toiletries for no reason every day, person behind the counter asked me to wait ten minutes while he does paperwork while I’m trying to pay for the week on my way to work. I left. No customer service whatsoever!!!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff barely speaks English... The property is in need of massive repairs... Parking needs to be limited to those staying there only, not their friends... Staff should never be allowed to eat breakfast before the guests do as they did... Staff should have answeres to questions like bus schedules, Metro routes, prices for both... Staff should know the restaurants that are local that deliver, and should more then likely have a clue about what is around their motel... I could go on and on but I won't...

Truly. Not much...

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The no smoking rooms were smoked in . The alternate room offered smelled worse. The rooms needs to be aired out regularly n the frabrics such as chair cushions & draperies sprayed with freshener. The furniture such as dresser n refrigerator should be arranged so it does not block the wonderful full mirrors. The maintenance of the building's interior needs much attention. Hallway wall paper n base coving falling away due to unattended water leaks were unsightly n made facility rundown. During our time there saw condition worsen.

The room was very clean, the extra pillows were great for sitting up n reading or watching tv, the bed comfortable. The female front desk, housekeeping & breakfast staff were helpful & friendly. They honored request to have rooms near the other. I liked the property layout. It was a short walk from parking lot to room. Breakfast was a nice time sharing tables n getting to meet other visitors to our Nation's Capitol as tourists or doing business.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

shady characters at night in lobby

room was clean, breakfast was ok..seemed le shady characters around at night check in though...but I would stay again...I did not get a receipt though........paper or email....................

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff were rude and did not understand well English. They did not care for what I ask, plus they were on their phone while I was speaking. I did not get that welcome face from the staff. shower is very small. carpet has stain everywhere, holes around the wall of the hallways. utility inside the room is very old need an updated.

Bed and pillow were clean and amazing.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Once again Booking.com made reservations at a hotel (Comfort Inn Capital Beltway) that was completely booked when I arrived. I spent approximately 2 hours 1) trying to find a number for Booking.com, then 2) with Alex working to get things straight so we could rest our heads somewhere. Days Inn College Park was not my first choice. The first time this happened, in Greensboro, I thought it was a fluke, however, I've since discovered this seems to be a serious problem with Booking.com. You need to find a system that doesn't put the traveler in a terrible inconvenient bind. The College Pk. room was more money, smaller and not as nice as Comfort Inn Capital Beltway. We stayed only one night and relocated.

The location was very good. The room was small but clean and the beds were comfortable

• King Room- Non-Smoking

Room smelled like old smoke even though it was supposed to be a non smoking room. The room was dinghy needs to be remodeled and the carpet was dirty but the bed was clean. No bugs

Cleanliness

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Vending machines basic, front desk refused to give me change, had to drive to closest gas station to get snacks etc at 11pm.

Close to UM campus, near shopping.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Pool opening and the life guards attitude

Free breakfast was great selections but not enough bread projects for guests unless you get up early and be there soon as it starts. Great coffee in the room and very clean.

• King Room- Non-Smoking

Lots of noise in room They give me room close to traffic I told the guy give any other room which is quite because it has trfic noise Breakfast was poorly planned eggs were missing all the time seating is very limited One thing good was when i,asked the person for glass of milk he accomdated me at 3 am But I was up all night or tossing and turning

• King Room- Non-Smoking

I would not change anything

Second stay at this hotel and I absolutely enjoyed it. Comfortable bed and clean very welcoming hotel. The staff and housekeeping so nice and warm welcoming.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Unfortunately, two men were reparing the car at hotel parking lot in the middle of the night and kept making noise car's alarm several time.

Everything is perfect based on price.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Hot water and comfortable mattresses are expectations for hotel stays.

The lady at the Front Desk was lovely even though the whole hotel was without hot water and she continued to receive complaints throughout the weekend with no "Manager On Duty"; the sign falsely stated this which made everyone more upset. The beds were very old and very uncomfortable. There was a man that verbally harassed my daughter on Saturday evening when she was standing on our balcony. He was pacing the parking lot while talking on his cell phone and waiting for cars to come into the parking lot. He was uneasy when people came in to check in and it appeared that he did not want anyone around "his" area.

• King Room- Non-Smoking

I had ordered a nonsmoking room but as soon as I opened the door I was hit by an onslaught of cigarette smoke,had me coughing a lot and triggered my allergies but I made it through the night.

Breakfast was good, I had the eggs omelette with waffles. Loved the cheese in the omelette it was unexpected.

• King Room - Smoking

I love it! nothing I disliked about Days Inn

Everything about this hotel was extremely well. I have no complaints except for missed out on the eggs. lol

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Pool closed at 8 pm. Paid extra instead of staying at red roof for the pool. It was closing within 15 minutes of us checking in and I was not informed of that. We went to the pool and as soon as the kids got in we were told it was closing.

Location to metro

• King Room- Non-Smoking

Bathroom was very small and the facility needs repairs completed. It appears they are not doing anything to the walls on the G- level which the paper and molding has come detached it looks terrible.

The breakfast was appealing.

the mattress

There was eggs only once and the lady caught an attitude when I told her there were no more eggs. And the cave-in the middle, it was like sleeping in hammock. We were uncomfortable.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

All of it. It smelt like sewer. No one was there the first night we came.

We arrived a few hours early to the hotel as we drove 16 hours to get there. I went on booking.com to see if I could arrive early. I didn't receive a response back. So, an hour went by and I called the hotel and no one answered. This went on for another hour. I decided to call booking.com and find out if we could pay for an extra night as we came in at 1 am and check in wasn't til 3 pm the following day. She gave me the run around and kept telling me that hotels often don't have workers there over night.....What??? Well, what happens when someone randomly needs a room in the middle of the night. They are telling me they would be willing to lose out on money??? By then we were at the hotel lobby for 2 hours. Office lights on and office door open but no one was there. Finally, 3 am. A man appeared half asleep. Told us no rooms were cleaned. that we can't stay until we checked in at 3 pm. Really!!! We came back at 3 pm after we enjoyed no sleep and hot weather and walking to tour the monuments. When we got our key we went to park. We noticed a girl on meth standing there asking for money until a guy came and picked her up. They sat in his car and I was afraid to leave my car unattended so I had to wait. They finally left and we went up to the room. Hotel elevator sounded like it was broke so the whole time we took the stairs. The hall way leading to our room had a huge gap. Where piping was being repaired. However, the smell of sewer was disgusting and it smelt like that in the room. The room was clean and beds were good. The first night there was loud commotion going on from the rooms across and next to us. The next morning the hotel manager was banging on pipes and that woke everyone up. When we walked out the floor was soaking wet from the sewer pipe. The second night around midnight, we get a knock on our door asking if we could check our patio deck for a lighter that was dropped. At this point, we had enough.

BED BUGS! I stayed in room 512 (a non-smoking king bed room) in July 2017. I woke up with bites on my face and hands on Tuesday morning and then on Tuesday afternoon I checked between the mattress and box spring and I found a bed bug! I pinched it between my fingers and took it to the front desk (photo of squished bug and bites attached to this review). The staff member who checked me out took a photo of the bug and said she would leave a note, but when I called the hotel today (to ask about getting a refund), the manager told me that there was no note, the staff member had not told her anything about the bed bugs, and that other people had stayed in the room since and had not complained! So the hotel staff completely failed at communication about the fact that the room was infested with bed bugs, and continued to put people in the room. The manager said she would need to "research" it by asking the staff member (who's not in today) what happened, which likely would not happen until Monday! So presumably they are letting other people stay in this room over the weekend. In addition, my room smelled musty and smoky (even though it was non-smoking). Also my junior colleague was bothered by a man in the hall who wanted to know what room she was staying in, and the person in front of me in line when I was checking out was involved in an altercation and the police had been called. I would not recommend this hotel!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff did not engage customers very much. Everything was a bit dirty. The hotel seemed old and tired. Needs an up lift. Outdoor pool was closed for most of our stay. it opened up on the last day.

It was a cheaper place for us to stay. And was close to the University.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The WiFi was almost unusable, often had no internet connection or went out intermittently. I end up using HoJo's WiFi. Parking space was not adequate; I had to park in the HoJo lot my last night. On my floor, there was a section of wall that was partially ripped out.

The bed was very comfortable and the room was the right size for one person. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I suggest two possible improvements: 1) probably impossible to accomplish, is to have a larger breakfast room to avoid people overcrowding 2) general improvement of the looks of the building to make it more eye appealing 3) at the front entrance and inside the first floor to build a smooth inclined path to avoid having to lift the luggage through stairs

Even though the building looks ugly and old from the outside and inside the aisles, I was very well impressed by all of the following: 1) excellent room, 2) excellent service, 3) excellent breakfast

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

A lot of youung people started showing up around 9:30. I dont know if its a routine. I didn't have any trouble, just a lot of loud trucks.

My room was conveniently located.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

• King Room- Non-Smoking

The place was dated. Curtains from the outside looked like they were very old and coming apart. The room was right next to the street and a lot of noise from the cars,trucks.

The room was very clean and bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

• Deluxe Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

It was super loud at night because the windows did not block the noise and the staff wasn't friendly either.

The breakfast was better then expected and the room wasn't bad either.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

I loved every thing about Days Inn.

The rooms were in order. Beds well made. Breakfast was awesome. Didn't have time to go around the property. But overall it is up to standard. The receptionist was warm and welcoming.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Hotel is on a major road so it's a little noisy from car traffic.

Very convenient to UMD. Breakfast included which has oatmeal and eggs in addition to the typical breads and cereal.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I would not allow anyone to walk barefoot in room. Stay away, they should pay you to stay here. Never again...

The toilet did not flush, this place was disgusting..

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

They charged us more than the price given on booking.com. The hotel is run down it wasn't worth what we paid. They charged more than competitors in the area that were in much better shape. The room wreaked of that motel cleaning fluid. The tub was dirty. You could see outside around the edge of the door. There were wasps in the room. There were cigarette burns on the sheets. It felt scummy! I wish I could get my night back.

We left something in room and staff kept it for us.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

As soon as we stepped off the elevator to our hallway we could hear people loudly having sex and we noticed the smell of marijuana. There was also music playing throughout the night. In the morning, while trying to get to the continental breakfast, we had to wait behind the staff who were taking food and eating in front of us.

The night staff was super friendly and helpful. The location was very convenient.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

So i would like the service to put some water in the refriferator for the customer who get to late there.and the breakfast time is too earlier fir some people.maybe 6.30 to 10.30.

The space the cleanesse,the location not bad.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The shower head was a little rough!!!

Easy to get to & about a 1/2 hr. from Washington DC. Clean comfortable room & friendly staff. The breakfast was not too bad either!!!

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

• King Room - Smoking

That i didnt realize that i got a room with smoking. But it wasn't so bad.

That next time i would get a room with no smoking. But it worked out great. Thanks for your hospitality.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The phone didn't work, and I reported it the first night. We stayed there two nights and they never fixed or replaced it. Also, it took so long for the water to warm up, at first I thought there was no hot water. It finally warmed up enough to have a comfortable shower, so that was okay.

The bed was nearly as comfortable as any I've slept on in luxury hotels. The pillows were so good I wanted to buy a couple of them!

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We woke up with bed bug bites all over us. BEWARE bed bug infestation. The staff moved us to another room, and had the bug man there immediately but living in fear that we brought the critters home with us. ugh.

The staff was really nice and helpful. All seemed fine in the room no frills, but it's a budget hotel so that is to be expected. I liked that there was a microwave and a refrigerator.

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

• King Room- Non-Smoking

The hotel needs updating, the front desk area smells like cigarettes and furniture is old and dirty. I was charged for 2 stays but only stayed 1. And my issue is not resolved.

The location was okay, plenty of places to eat and close to the Beltway.

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Very impolite staff, monotonous breakfast everyday. same urgly food. disturbances from other guest. poor security and noise control.

easy to find location

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

• King Room- Non-Smoking

Neighborhood was a little sketchy. Taxi drivers and others coming in and out of lobby for free breakfast. People in parking lot asking us for rides when taxis weren't there.

Rooms were nice and well equipped for multi day stays. We only stayed one day. Bed was nice and large.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

• Deluxe Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

When I used to call the person in brought it there sometimes they not connect the call I used to being calling a lot I suppose they saw.my number and they not conecto inmidialy

Confortable

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

• King Room- Non-Smoking

Front desk person didn't know about Metro. Said no parking at Metro so should take bus. Actually there's excellent parking. She should know the information & have a map to help the customer. Maps of city & Metro are everywhere as we later discovered. Building is OLD & grimy looking even though very clean.

Good breakfast

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Very noisy. Located on main thoroughfare leading right into campus and College Park.

Excellent location for attending football game. UM only 5 minutes away.

No problems.

Decent, clean accommodation for the price; small room for 2 queen beds but all amenities were present. Convenient location. Good breakfast. Friendly staff.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No heat in room. Called front desk. Room cold. Slept in clothes. Man at desk never called back. When tried to call front desk again--would not answer.

location was close to University.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

• King Room- Non-Smoking

The house keepers we're not as clean and replacing the items as my last visit at this same hotel.

I could get out my truck and go right into my room.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

in spite of non smoking room,the next room had few ppl gethered smoked and loud noices. The lobby and inside my room was smelled so much smoke...didn't sleep well the last night...had a bad headache next day...NEVER GOING THERE AGAIN

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was "worthless". Everything had fake colors, preservatives, gluten, artificial flavorings, even the apples were so GMO'd that they were mushy and tasteless. The staff was about as cold as Chicago in winter. There were no side walks to get to an eating place, no evening coffee, Al this for $100 plus.

Hard to find much good at this place. Very poor location. You need two buses just to get to the closest Metro station. The room was ok.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Selected rooms close to the elevator for the senior and handicapped would save the family when transportING the luggage.

The bed,television, and breakfast was good. My remote was in need of batteries but I did not have time to complain. The lobby had a cart to handle our luggage,wonderful. The carpet needs cleaning in the halls and in some rooms. We lived in 3 different rooms and lost time to see our doctors because of the changes.

• King Room- Non-Smoking

The hotel is in a bad condition. It goes construction and the noise did not stop till I complained several times. They should not operate the hotel that way or at least inform the condition and reduce the price to half

• Reviewed: 12 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

When I checked in the two young women at the desk continued to chat during my check in as if I was not even there. I could have and should have spent my $190 for two nights somewhere else. If I ever return to the area in the future I would not stay at this Days Inn again. Very poorly run. The Bad- The room was clean but during our stay it smelled like someone was burning incense for 2 days. The air conditioner worked but it never did feel comfortable in the room. I needed help at the desk because my room card would not work. There was a sign that said desk clerk would return shortly but I waited for at least 15 minutes before anyone came. It seemed as though everyone working there had a casual attitude instead of being concerned about their customers. I would never recommend this property to anyone.

I liked the location.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Booked a smoking room but didn't get it, toilet constantly leaked so had to use towels on floor floor all night, since there were no other rooms available we were stuck, never again

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Drug odors, lack of understanding demonstrated by the help desk staff and manager. They said they have never ran a tax exempt and even when the manager asked that we should leave our information for him to contact us, he has not contacted us till now. The second floor was seriously smelling of marijuana and other drugs and quite unbearable. I was ashamed because I booked the hotel to the extent my wife wanted to leave the hotel the first evening.

The breakfast for the kids was good

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The pool schedule. Not convenient. At all for guests.

The lady that help at the breakfast area is a plus for the place. She is very. Very nice. Please make sure you let her know. I think her name is Maria. Or Reina. Front desk not that friendly as you expect. Cleaning ladies also very nice and. Helpful.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Receptionist showed gross ignorance of tax exemption due to me even though I submitted all documentation to her and refused to exempt me from taxes. I am still waiting to hear from the manager.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Dirty room, uncomfortable bed, poor breakfast, overall, the facility needs a makeover. I would not recommend it to anybody. Staff was rude and unprofessional.

I didn't like anything

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The air condition didn't cool well. Breakfast area was to small for the amount of people there. No one at desk answering phones in the evening time. People were cooking in their room, smelling up the halls and other rooms at night. That was scary because they could have set something on fire.

Breakfast was good. Price was good, pool was fun! The rooms were very clean and stocked well.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

Very very poor customer service. Disinterested in ensuring customer satisfaction. Disorganized in room allocation. We had to sit in hallway for almost an hour since our room was assigned to another customer.

The bed cover very nice and attractive- fit fir the season.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The strong smell of gas in the hallway Very poor selection of breakfast very little time for breakfast

The housekeeping group were nice and helpful also the people at the desk.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Parking could have been better especially if you get in later.

The microwave,refrigerator and air conditioner worked great. Room was small but but clean.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

The smell of the room was stale and the air conditioner didn't work until someone fixed it.

The eggs were powdered eggs and the bed was borderline clean.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room was not too clean and some smel; sheets had holes, should be improved!!

Compliment breakfast was great, not like the egg with cheese; but others were fine!!!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Since I came alone for the first night and had never stayed at a hotel before, I was disappointed by the first guy that checked me in. Not very friendly, but the other desk clerks were great.

It was all we needed as we weren't at the hotel much other than to sleep. The bathroom was clean and there were plenty of towels.The fridge was surprisingly cold for a mini fridge and hit the spot!

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The room was very dirty and it stunk lot marijuana bad. Couldn't make it smell better with candles and febreeze. Awful!!!!

I liked the fact that the door locked!!!!!!!