Reviews of Courtyard by Marriott Key Largo 3 stars

99751 Overseas Highway, Key Largo, FL 33037, USA

#9 of 15 hotels in Key Largo

Bistro limited . Would have been nice to Be able to get coffee through out the day . Instead of 6-10 not open on mondays . No ticki bar at the hotel their to go area very limited in selection. Basically good place to sleep . Not much of anything else . I extended my stay only to find out they double book my room on last day . They offered to move me, to another room . But weather so bad left a day earlier

Facility very clean. Walking distance to 2 restaurants on the marina.

• King Room with Sofa Bed

It was dated and the reception didn’t tell us about the property facilities. It was the staff at the Holiday Inn that said we were free to use the pool areas at the Del Mar and Holiday Inn!

It was easy to find and had covered parking. Not much else really the property was stuck in the 70’s.

The first room I was given was occupied - a little embarrassing for both parties !

Booked an hour before arrival Staff friendly Big rooms clean and comfy

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Marina View

Came across one member of staff, on check in. We stood in front of her for a good few minutes while we waited for her to finish whatever she was doing on her mobile. Hotel a bit 'tired' and room really small for four people. For what it cost we felt this hotel was bad value for money. Think they hosted a group booking who were playing pool games very loudly until gone 10pm and the walls are so thin we could hear ever word (screaming and gun shots) from the movie being watched in the room next door until 11pm.

Location was ok, over looked marina and two nice restaurants close by

Wanted room away from the noice. with balcony and poolside. We got room with balcony, not poolside, but parking lot side and noicey. Also, we woke up to furniture being moved out of room next door, and then the carpet renovation began. I’m really not a complainer, but this is not exactly what you want for a short getaway stay. We were able to get another room with the features we wanted, but of course had to move all our stuff.

• King Room with Sofa Bed

Had a few problems with the door keys to the rooms. Could not check in for a couple of hours because the computer that sets the keys was not working, then even when we got a key it would not work in the door. The staff was very quick to reprogram the door for us and tried hard to make sure we were satisfied.

The location was close to many of the activities. The Bistro staff were very good as was the food. The gentlemen working the evening we stayed there was exceptionally friendly.

• King Room with Sofa Bed

Public spaces needed a good hovering

Nice hotel but a little dated, somebody needs to hover the halls but all in all a very good place to stay, wonderful balcony rooms overlooking the boats coming and going from the marina.

Bathroom was bad!!! Door/toilet ratio terrible. Water pressure was poor, no fan or exhaust very steamy, and with a/c running nothing ever dries. When you open door you are completely exposed to elevator area (room 217).

Pool area was great (drink/food service at the pool was a missed opportunity for Marriott), beds were super comfy. Location was perfect for our needs. Diner across street was fab!! (Doc's)

One of the registration staff was not particularly welcoming - the others were fine. When I got to my room about 5pm there was a vacuum cleaner in front of the door and the tv was on but no maid service in sight. The vacuum was still there in the morning. The door did not fit flush in the frame so at night when the room light was off I could literally see into the hallway. When I asked about a place to eat I was told “skippers” which is a nice place but a long walk in the dark along the water. Nobody told me I could get food at the Bistro right in the hotel. Finally, when checking out I found out they did not credit my Marriott membership - said it was not in their system. They used my phone number to find and credit it. In short it was not up to other Courtyards I have stayed in.

The roo Was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was delicious and reasonable and the women at the bistro were very friendly and helpful.

• King Room with Sofa Bed

I was initially checked into a disabled room and everything was too low for me. Upon going back to desk they changed without too much trouble to the room I had booked.

Nicely positioned near Marina and a couple of nice bars/restaurants within walking distance. Pool area looked nice but too cold when I visited (early Jan) to use. Had wings and stuff from Bistro on second stay and they were good. Staff were good in general

• King Room with Sofa Bed and Marina View

Poor sound insulation meant we could hear conversations through the walls. Only one bedside table for a double bed. Their sister hotel in Marathon is fantastic by comparison.

The staff were welcoming and friendly. It was very clean.

- No recycling. At all. You can't even give your recycling to the front desk. This is the reason I probably won't stay at this hotel again, except maybe for one or two nights so I can pack up all my recycling to bring to the next place I stay. - Internet on a "captive portal" that requires you to log in again every day or whenever you leave the room and come back. Forget having wifi on your phone, unless you love wondering why it stopped working and then remembering you have to log in again and going to a tiny web form to fill out your name again to make it start working again... until you go to the parking lot to get something from your car, come back to the room, and have to do it again. Yuck. Even though their wifi works quite well, they might as well not have it; its value is almost nothing if you can't stay connected to it. - Our room keys stopped working, pretty much every day. I think one time it was because I asked for a spare key, and when making that they deactivated all our existing keys. Another time, it was just mysterious - a key that I'd kept in a separate pocket with nothing else, just stopped working. Then another one. We got fed up and asked to have all of the keys replaced, got a brand new set of three... and the next day *all three* stopped working. I think that time was because the person who made the keys put the wrong number of nights on them, even though I corrected her when she said "2 nights" and I said "no, 3 nights". But we wouldn't have gotten into that situation in the first place if the keys hadn't repeatedly failed already. This hotel really needs to replace their key card system with a reliable one, and that includes one that leaves less room for human error also.

- Large spacious clean room. - Desk had chairs on both sides and room for both of us to use our laptop computers simultaneously. - Plenty of power outlets including both sides of the beds, and they had USB charge ports. - Decently sized mini-fridge (we had to ask for it, it's not in the room by default). - Porch, with view of boat canal. Note: There is no restaurant serving dinner at the hotel, although there are some nearby. You can buy a pretty good breakfast at the hotel, though.

The air conditioner was very noisy.

The room was clean and the beds were super comfortable. We were on the first floor right by the entrance. I thought it would be noisy but we had very little issues.

• King Room with Sofa Bed and Marina View

Hotel was fully booked and it appeared with transients from hurricane zones. Hotel was noisy with highway noise including many guests with children that were not under parental supervision. Breakfast was over-run with rude and inconsiderate people and both coffee dispensers in the hallway were never filled in the morrning.

• King Room with Sofa Bed

Underground car park was closed (full of furniture as they are currently refurbishing a lot of rooms). No step free access to pool from hotel. Limited opening hours of the bar/cafe. Couldn’t get a coffee at 11am when checking out.

Decent size rooms and friendly staff. Loved Key Largo - lots of really good restaurants nearby and better value for money than Key West.

• King Room with Sofa Bed and Marina View

Room was a little dated but they do appear to be in the process of refurbishment.

Location was good and views of the marina - always something to look at whilst relaxing on the balcony. Pool and "beach" area were nice. Staff very helpful and friendly.

• King Room with Sofa Bed and Marina View

I've stayed at Mariott otels several times over the years and it was clear to me that there isn't the cash injection in to the hotel that is expected of the Marriot chain. I was coming down for my nephews wedding form the UK. I booked the Marriot KNOWING the high standard the chain has. I was disappointed that the building looked very tired! Location was good on the canal, staff were great, cleanliness was great, comfort was good too but the overall feel of the place was that this particular hotel hadn't been modernized for years and years. That to me was a real shame and to be honest, I will be nervous of booking into a marriot anywhere else in the world because the standard from one country to another is simply not the same. At the time we were there, the staff were painting some of the rooms, but although a lick of paint is good, it needs so much more than that. New carpets and furniture would massively improve what could be a wonderful treat to go to.

Staff were great. location was good for the hotel but Key Largo itself was a disappointment.

• King Room with Sofa Bed

No included breakfast but that was to be expected. Just love the extra mile places like Embassy Suites go for their guests.

Great place, convenient to a lot, clean hotel, and friendly staff... really no complaints at all. Loved the parking under the hotel with an elevator that takes you right to your floor. Very convenient. Will definitely go back someday. Violet at the front desk was super friendly and helpful as well.

No breakfast included in room rate, which decrease the value for money offered; in one evening, they started a room repainting/redecoration (102) at 7.00am, with a lot of noise, which ruined our morning; parking is quite complicated, shared with marina nearby and double-parking looked something usual;

Very good location in KeyLargo, with a lot of shops and restaurants arround, on top of the marina, quite clean and comfy room, good beds and clean linnen, fantastic balcony with a view to the sea.

Everything was perfect.

The young man that checked us in was extremely helpful in recommending a wonderful place to eat. It was perfect to watch the sunset and the seafood there was excellent.

• King Room with Sofa Bed and Marina View

Hotel staff allowed large party of guests to run hotel - very loud party at pool till 12 am, very inconsiderate of other guests. Same party pulled fire alarm at 2 am. Horrible stay

Convenient to Dive boat

• King Room with Sofa Bed and Marina View

The bathroom needed updated. The floor tile in the bathroom was very old and needed replaced. Tile around shower needed replaced and updated. There was a big spot in our room across from the closet that had nothing in it. It needed a table or something. It seemed odd not to have something in this space. A microwave in the room would have been nice.

The view from the wrap around balcony was beautiful.

There was a very large group of people in the room directly below us. Many, many people.( 10+) They smoked a lot and the smoke made us retreat inside for awhile. They also played music very loudly. Our calls to the office did not seem to make any difference.

Great view from the balcony. Great location to delicious restaurants and activities.

• King Room with Sofa Bed and Marina View

Old and in need of refurbishment. Door key was very poor. About half the time it worked. Rest it jammed. Not much fun when you are tired from all day travel from LAX. Also high price compared with Key West and other Key locations. Also very noisy location as all pool elevations picked up the noise from the restaurant over the canal. Also people in the pool up to 11pm.

The bed. Free parking. Self service laundry. Staff did a good job when faced with the old facility and trying to make it work efficiently.

• King Room with Sofa Bed

I was told I would get a discount for my hotel stay for booking a diving excursion while I was there and because I booked the hotel through booking.com they would not honour that statement. That was never in their advertisements

• King Room with Sofa Bed

The pillows were a little hard, and the sheets and comforter were "short-sheeted"!

The Marina location with the Holiday Inn Express facilities to use with an armband from the Courtyard. It was nice to have covered parking!

I asked for a babycrib in the room however when we arrived at 1 am it was not in the room. I had carry it to the room and set it up myself. Sheets were given only later. Our little one ended sleeping with us. No high chairs available at breakfast.

Overall an ok hotel.

• King Room with Sofa Bed and Marina View

Pool area very noisy & taken over by large "summer camp" students. Although when they left the pool for bed it was very quiet

Excellent location within walking distance to bars, restaurants & waters ports facilities

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Marina View

The hotel property was ok but they apparently have a contract with Marina del Mar, they employ VERY RUDE people, especially Brian who failed to accommodate us in spite of the high rates we paid for docking our boat and treated us very badly. Brian was very condescending and even threatened to let our boat loose and "didn't care what happened." This guy should be fired immediately! Regarding the hotel, the original check-in room had a very unpleasant pet smell but they were very nice to accommodate us in a different room.

Hotel staff was very nice and helpful, especially Violet who was very polite and accommodating.

• King Room with Sofa Bed

Double edge sword...Traffic view was the sunset view. Busy rt 1.

The beds were comfortable. Clean. Walk to Docs diner and restaurants and bars. Staff excellent. Pool nice. Music from nearby bars great. Watch marina traffic.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

• King Room with Sofa Bed

The only two thing I didn't like was that there was no continental breakfast included. We also wanted to order something from the Bistro, but it was late and could not get what we originally ordered and had to settle for something else.

Having a room with a balcony. The staff was very friendly and the location of the hotel made it very convenient.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Marina View

No breakfast, no service really. No coffee, tea, pool hot tub was over flowing couldn't use. Bistro service and food was Terrible. Won't go to again

I believed I had paid for a marina view but received the view of a gas station.

Room was comfortable, food services were extremely helpful and hospitable!

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

• King Room with Sofa Bed and Marina View

The tax of nearly £100 added to the cost of our room when leaving, which was not highlighted by booking.com prior to our trip. Expect to pay significantly more than the advertised price on booking.com

The location for restaurants and activities is excellent.

• King Room with Sofa Bed

The facility is in dire need of upkeep and renovation. We spent an outrageous $266 for a hotel room that the doors are rotten on the bottom and overall rundown. There were palmetto bugs on the balcony that scared me. I feel the price paid was absurd, we were completely let down and really desire a refund or a voucher for a free night somewhere.

The bed and staff were out of this world. Best we were treated on our 25th anniversary vacation and most comfortable bed as well.

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

• King Room with Sofa Bed and Marina View

Access to restaurants for more than one night restricted if you don't want to drive.

Great overnight stay. Lovely location on the marina. Room was large with comfy bed and balcony. Good family diner opposite (next to Wendy's) for breakfast. Lovely swimming pool and jacuzzi.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

The staff was very friendly and the location is very good. I wished that we had a queen size or king-size bed however. The bed was comfortable just not big enough

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

• King Room with Sofa Bed

Wouldn't recommend as a destination"resort" unless you're going fishing or boating.

Convenient location, on site parking. General manager Miguel Waldo was a great help with several things. He's a wonderful resource, use him.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Marina View

Tv took 3 minutes to come on Hot water took 5 minutes to get hot in afternoon Had to wait till 3 pm to get room made up even after I called Not enough dresser drawers to hold our clothes for a week 3 people - 2 drawers had to live partially out of a suitcase $285 a night need more space for a family's clothes

The view of marina The Starbucks staff Bed comfort Pool

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

Disappointed to be given a room in the side of the parking lot , for 280 USD a night we were expecting a bit better view of the marina.

Good location in Key Largo , warm welcome, comfortable room

• King Room with Sofa Bed

I therefore liked checking into the Hilton that for a very few dollars more provided two outside bars with food available at pool or bay as well as a lovely indoor treetops restaurant and bar that provided fine cuisine and drinks. Room was a junior suite with bayside view in 26 acres that with available room service, various water sports and great gym.

Hard to find anything other than lovely veranda view of the inlet. Marriott room so small that only one bedside table could fit and there were few electrical outlets. Restaurant and bar looked nice but were not open during our Xmas week reservation period. I made the booking on the basis of false advertising as I thought I was pirchasung poolside and indoor food and drink services. No staff made any attempt to provide the advertised amenities. Definitely overcharged for room and will never return.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

• King Room with Sofa Bed and Marina View

We had a very bad exoerience at this hotel. We arrived at 01am and lady at the front desk was in very bad mood. The bed was no fitted for skeeping. the mattres was destroyed and there was sone coiils jumping outside the bad. One of worst hotel exoerience in my life.

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

• King Room with Sofa Bed and Marina View

Property old, rooms and bathroom did not reflect the price of the room.

Loved the terrace overlooking the canal. Very friendly staff, manager walked us near a very nice restaurant on the other side of canal. Good breakfast included, good coffee.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

• King Room with Sofa Bed

How about smaller pillows.The pillows were so overstuffed that they were uncomfortable.

Access was easy, good covered parking, coffee ready at 5:30 AM in the lobby, good restaurant nearby (Skippers)

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

• King Room with Sofa Bed and Marina View

A statement under the door during the night & payment taken before check out. Hotel has been painted, but poor refurb lets it down. Unable to use bath due to wrong plug fitting, just a little attention to detail would make this hotel from ok to great!

Location was good for Key Largo things to do Miguel the manager is the best thing about this hotel.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

It was a normal 'beach hotel' carpet/furnishings outdated. Bathtub had a hair in it.

The beds were very comfy, and house keeping very nice and accommodating. The check in staff were extra terrific, and would be the reason I would return to this property.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

• King Room with Sofa Bed

There were not enough lounge chairs at the pool. There were 4 and 2 had rips in them. There was only 1 staff member and a facilitiies which didn't seem to be adequate for all the guests.

The lobby area and rooms were clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

• King Room with Sofa Bed

I didn't like there wasn't continental breakfast. The pool is quite small and not accommodating for many guests.

Great location, friendly staff! I liked there is covered parking.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

we used the laundry... would have been good if washing powder was available from a dispenser at the hotel laundry

staff were so helpful. lovely welcome at reception and the lady and gentlemen who served us breakfast from the Bistro were a delight

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Marina View

Poor air conditionning. No breakfast. Bistro definitly not pro. Very slow and poor choise.

Beautifull place. Nice staff. Nice swimming pool. Large rooms. Balcony.

• Reviewed: 22 July 2016

Insulated poorly so road noise and noise from the hallways at night was noticeable. Complementary breakfast would've been a great feature.

Convenient location to our dive shop.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Marina View

Wonderful staff. Betty at the front desk was extremely helpful & friendly. Nairobi in bistro also provided great hospitality.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Marina View

The staff weren't great, not overly helpful or knowledgable.

Room was excellent, very spacious and had a good sized balcony.

Room was filthy and it couldn't be any closer to US1. Felt as if I was sleeping on the street. Sheets on the bed felt like they attached them.

No eating facilities on site other than Starbucks , disappointing

• King Room with Sofa Bed

The room could have been cleaner, we found hair in the tub and on the bed

The Room was bright and spacious, the beds were comfortable

Older rooms, NO HOT Water in morning shower. Had to run shower for 30 minutes to get it hot. Crazy. Only fair all the way around.

Everything was great.

Very clean and friendly staff. Location was centered around many activites. Boating, fishing, snorkeling, diving and eating!

• King Room with Sofa Bed and Marina View

Great Breakfast, the link to the adjoining properties and choices were great. Beautiful views too.

Pool area was average

Close to John Pennekamp

• King Room with Sofa Bed

It was just a awesome hotel 🙌🏼

• King Room with Sofa Bed and Marina View

Parking costhigher than other high end hotels

Eggs over easy correctly cookef

Location and Cleanliness

Hard to access the internet.

Construction

Construction woke us up at 9:00 am. This was the only day we could sleep. Called the front desk and all they said was sorry!

No food services to speak of

Location was great!

• King Room with Sofa Bed and Marina View

You should offer a no room service option . You already offer to not replace towels, we don't need someone to make the bed, etc...

Noisy

Noise from the street

We loved our room. It was clean, convenient, and had a beautiful view. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the location was great.

• King Room with Sofa Bed and Marina View

Wanted a restaurant for dinner.

Pool and close to water.

• King Room with Sofa Bed

I called housekeeping for a shower cap and it didn't arrive it would've been nice to have some extra pillows

The bed was comfortable

• King Room with Sofa Bed and Marina View

Never stayed there and they billed me.

Browse Courtyard by Marriott Key Largo traveller photo gallery