Reviews of Quality Inn Rutland 2 stars

253 South Main Street, Rutland, VT 05701, USA

#6 of 12 hotels in Rutland

Recommendation: Stay somewhere else.

My 2nd night there (I stayed 4 nights total) a couple nearly walked into my room because the staff rented it to others. I had to get new key cards as mine no longer worked. I returned to my room Thursday night to find again that my key card didn't work. Once again I had to get a replacement but also fill out the vehicle and non-smoking consent form. For the second time in a 4 night stay, they mistakenly gave my room to someone else. The outside doors to the hotel are supposed to be accessed by key cards but all are open to the public. All security measures in this hotel are inactive. If you value your personal well being and privacy, stay somewhere else.

The room itself was nice except for when it's being accessed by people other than me or the cleaning staff.

Pleasant enough for a one night stand, price was reasonable.

Hall carpets were old and worn, vending machine wasn't working. Travelers in surrounding rooms were a bit rowdy. TV had no guide so finding news in AM was purely by chance

Bed was comfy, breakfast was rather skimpy but the eggs and sausage hit the spot!

Access to the parking lot a plus.

There was a gym but the equipments are out of order. ie. treadmill, precor; Daily breakfast consisted of eggs, sausage. Same everyday. Our first night, swimming pool was cold. Our toilet commode in the room had problem flushing.

Access to the parking lot a plus. Vicinity to a lot of restaurants. Friendliness of staff.

You get what you pay for and it’s fine.

You get what you pay for! It is an old run down hotel but we knew that going in. We needed two rooms for two nights and we were looking for cheap so it worked for us. We’ve stayed here before and we came back!

If you are looking for a cheap place to stay close to skiing, this is perfect! Paula was amazing, friendly and bent over backwards to help us in any way possible! 15 minutes away from Killington and close to tons of restaurants and stores!

Would stay again with my own pillow

1. It was a bit cold in the room at the max setting on the thermostat ( to be fair it was extremely cold outside - minus 11F). 2. All four pillows smelled bad (body odor)

Everything was as expected

Breakfast was surprisingly good

noise, heater was broken, they sent me to the wrong room that had dogs in it, someone was smoking in the hallway at night

Breakfast was surprisingly good

This hotel could use some TLC!

The bathroom needed an overhaul, the carpets were dirty and the television was broken , the remote didn’t work and the picture was horrible!

The breakfast was good with a lot of choices. The location was very close to Pico Mountain, about 15 minutes .

Nice place

The door to the outside in our room had gaps all around it where the cold air was rushing in. Had to block with towels. House keeping woke us up at 8 am, and then came back again at 9:30.

Clean and quiet during the night.

😡😡😡😡😡

It was the most dirtiest place I’ve ever stayed. Not clean at all!!! Couldn’t sleep on bed with putting plastic on top of it! I want a refund! There’s so much wrong and not enough space. My boyfriend returned the key at front desk and gave them an earful bout how miserable our stay was!😡😡😡😡 place is a dump!

Clean room, nice breakfast real eggs and sausage .

The tub could use updating

Clean room, nice breakfast real eggs and sausage . Micro and fridge in room good to know for my next visit. pool was nice and warm. Staff were very helpful.

This place should be last resort.

Too expensive for what we got. Pillows old, lumpy. Sheets, pillowcases and bath towels dingy gray color. Rooms outdated and plain. Mattress extremely hard and uncomfortable.

Location of hotel. Coffee in room.

We were looking for a very nice place and were presented with a "it will do" place.

Property needs up-dating.

The staff represented the property in a positive manner. Unfortunately, the property needs an overdue update. The staff did the best they could with this out of date property. Although it was fairly priced we would not stay there again.

Clean, comfortable and relaxing room with a scrumptious breakfast.

There was a door to access the room from the inside hall and there was a door on the outside wall that allowed us to bring in luggage right from the car. Very convenient.

A very good value and nice place to stay.

We chose not to eat the free breakfast, mostly because of the ambience in the room. The food selection was decent (pancakes, yogurt, little omelets, cereals) but there was a TV hanging on the wall, blaring a reality talk show with people yelling at each other. Not how I want to start my day. Weather channel or local news would have been more appropriate.

Our room was newly refurbished, very clean, quiet and comfortable. Ample parking. The indoor pool area and fitness center looked inviting but we didn't use it. Staff was friendly and welcoming. Our room had a mini fridge and microwave. Bed was comfy and the pillows were excellent for side sleepers, not too fat and puffy.

The number of small problems added up to an unfavorable stay.

When we arrived the property was dealing with guests who had violated the no smoking policy therefore extensive cleaning was going on. There was an odor throughout the building. This property is pet friendly. We were next to a room with a dog in it. Every time someone walked by the dog was set to barking. Unacceptable! We were moved to a new room, new floor. However, the move created its own problem. I'm guessing that when we were moved the front desk person forgot to block out the new room as occupied. In the middle of the night another guest or someone attempted access to our room. If it weren't for the safety latch they would have walked right into our room. Scared my wife and woke me up. This was not the end of the issue. Because new key cards had been assigned to our room our key cards no longer worked. When we went to breakfast and returned to our room we couldn't get back into our room. Also, when we entered our first room, next to the dog room, I noticed that the smoke/co detector had been removed from the wall, the battery removed and left on the hanging clothes rack. This room clearly was not ready for guests.

The property was very central to our activities and was easy to find when we got to Rutland. We look for value properties ($100 or less a night) or travel becomes prohibitively expensive. This property fits the bill.

The continental breakfast was good and the location of the...

The hotel is old. The bathroom tub was peeling from an old glaze job. The shower curtain had mold on it. Had to ask them to clean our room as the first day we came back it hadn't been touched and no a do not disturb sign was not on our door. I asked the front desk what their policy was on freshening up the rooms and replacing used towels was and they said daily. When I informed them ours was not done they did get someone to come and do it. They however did not replace the toilet paper so we had to make a trip to the front desk again (because they were not answering their phone) and get some. The whole place needs to be given a remodel - especially the rooms.

The continental breakfast was good and the location of the hotel in Rutland was easy to find and centrally located to where we were going to be for the weekend.

The beds were amazing.

There was duck tape holding the shower head on. Very few TV channels and none were kids stations like Disney.

The beds were amazing. Even with the couple of bad things, I would stay here again.

Short trip to VT.

However the towels were terrible. They were grey and not soft and there was even a hair on one of the towels that was not mine. I brought this fact up to the management and they said the problem is with the dryer, it is causing the towels to turn grey. She said they were expecting to get a new dryer soon. The pool was not as warm as I had hoped but it wasn't cold either. If they fixed the problem with the towels I would stay here again. Before I book again I would call to confirm that situation.

Overall the room was comfortable and clean. The staff was friendly. The breakfast was fine, not as extensive as some other hotels but good enough for what my family eats.

Many better places to stay in Rutland, VT

Heated pool: Not heated, ice water Air Conditioning: Did not work Cable TV: 20 channels Was an updated old motor lodge, at hotel prices Fitness room is a closet

Breakfast was pretty good.

Very poor quality.

Nothing really I had called a couple days before I trip up there ask about the pool if it was open they said yes one week up there the pool was shut down very dirty the room was not clean it smelled we had asked for another room and they said they had none we will never visit that quality inn again we couldn't even get a discount if we could have we would have stayed somewhere else but we couldn't cancel that room.

The breakfast came in handy!

I was upset that my card was charged before I checked in. I called the day before to say that I wouldn't be there for the first day but would be there the next day. I also asked if I could pay with a different card at check out and whoever I spoke to on the phone said that it would be fine. When I asked to do that at checkout, I wasn't able to do it so now I have to put back what was charged to the card that I used to hold the reservation. I will most likely get in trouble with my job because of the actual debit on the card.

The breakfast came in handy!

Good hotel for the money

There wasn't a view but I like the balcony but couldn't enjoy it because the hotel didn't have any chairs out there to sit on which would of been nice. The hallway smelled musty and old,

The king size bed was comfortable, the shower was great, the room was big enough to comfortably hold the big arm chair and the breakfast was fantastic and it was in a good location to a lot of stores and restaurants and easy to find

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Was only there for the night bed was comfortable, breakfast...

The whole town lost power due to a storm. Obviously not the fault of the staff but made it difficult to enjoy the stay. Had to go to Castleton to eat dinner.

Was only there for the night bed was comfortable, breakfast was nice in the morning.

Excellent Accommodations

Parking lot needs an overhaul.

Everything was great, especially the breakfast. Real sausages! Not brown and serve! Staff was very nice. Beds were comfortable, and the room was clean.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Great location / Great place, would definitely go back.

The heater was so noisy, if it wasn't for that waking us up, it would have been perfect.

Everything was great. Location, staff, cleanliness, breakfast...all fabulous...

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

Left some stuff in the room.

Left some stuff in the room. Called hotel several times and could not get an answer regarding items! Was told several times that they would check with housekeeping in the morning, regardless of what time of day I called! Thieves !

For the bang of the buck it's a good hotel and they have...

There were a lot of rules that weren't being enforced like smoking in the rooms. Also the maid service didn't do a great job of replacing things like towels or keeping the facility clean

For the bang of the buck it's a good hotel and they have a nice selection for the continental breakfast.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

Unreliable staff

The staff was unprofessional and impolite. The concierge didn't know how to print out a receipt, I'll be keeping an eye on my credit card to say the least.

The breakfast was OK.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

A welcoming motel sticking out due to its friendly staff

The motel offers anything a typical motel does. However, the people running it made our stay so special. The manager Michail was very nice and forthcoming. Paula at the front desk provided us not only with the most welcoming smile, but also with individual tips for hiking in the area. And the breakfast was one of the best during our road trip - we learned that Mucand has been working at the inn for years. He keeps the breakfast room very clean, helps the elderly get their breakfast, and makes pancakes and waffels if the the rush on the buffet allows it. Very recommendable!

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

Loved the pillows!

Dark entryway. Bathroom sink counter was sticky. May have had caulking compound or something similar on it. Not easily removed. Laundry room lint was blowing onto the cars parked next to motel.

Loved the pillows!!! Liked having microwave and mini fridge in the room. Good room price per night

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

No room at the inn despite booking online

Booking.com screwed up reservation. We got into town very late at night, booked online and received confirmation but no rooms were available when we go there 2 hours later

Young man at front desk was nice. Wasn't his fault.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

Would not stay at a 'Quality' Inn again.

The room had a used soap bar in the bathroom, which also featured a very disgusting hair dryer unit that hadn't been cleaned in a very long time. There were 2 coffee cups stacked with a box of half empty raisins, plus some napkins stuffed in the cups on the counter. The whole building smelled smoke. We could not access the Wi-Fi even after asking at the desk about how to get 'on'. I think you get the idea.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

Solid night's sleep

The bathroom in room 226 was in need of repair; the sink had no trap, the faucet was falling apart, there was no way to take a bath as there was no mechanism to plug the water in the bathtub/shower. Peeling paint near the sink. Carpeting in hallways was stained and worn. Many people huddled around entrance areas smoking--not a good look (or smell).

The beds and sheets were lovely and soft. The front desk clerks were extremely friendly, as was the breakfast attendant, who offered to make us something even though we were late. Nice pool, which is always an amenity I look for to entertain my 11-year old.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

The queen size beds were very comfortable.

The hotel could use some updates, it seemed rather run down. Lighting in hallways was really dim. Outside security door with room key entry was left unlocked all the time.

The queen size beds were very comfortable. Shower had excellent water pressure. Breakfast was wnjoyable

Comfortqble.

Breakfast was ehhhh

The bed were amazing!

Paint peeling from walls

Paint peeling from walls

We couldn’t use our bathroom the ceiling was falling in and...

We couldn’t use our bathroom the ceiling was falling in and water was coming from the ceiling.

Not good, pool was suppose to be heated, it was COLD!TO GET AWAY

Heater was broken. Tv was hard to see and we got different accomadations then we paid for.

The breakfast

Will return again

Excellent stay and facility good breakfast

Dirty room

Room was dirty. Hair by sink. Used cup and candy on floor by bed

Breakfast was good

Worst ever

They give me a dirty room,when I when to talk to the guy in the front desk, he was disrespectful to me

No eggs,

Close to where I needed to be

Close to where I needed to be

Poor

They over charged me!!! No tv, shower head was busted.

Great continental breakfast.

Great continental breakfast. Friendly staff. Would stay here again!

Nice staff

Pretty outdated, not very clean, the comforter looked unwashed with stains on it. Poor breakfast.

Nice staff

Room was ok as for motel, beds surprisingly comfortable.

The way staff handled issues! We had some booking issues and staff gave me a very hard time instead of trying to communicate and resolve it.

Nice place. Reasonable. Comfortable for our purposes. Reasonably close to ski resort.

Pool water could have been warmer.

Clean. Friendly staff. Good breakfast.

no access to outside gym which was advertised.

no access to outside gym which was advertised. Only very meager on site one.

not to be repeated

linen was dirty. hallway stank.

it was all we could find that night

good value & had refrig & coffermaker on site & free breakfast

Sound of train outside & refrigerator running interrmittantly throughout the night

Had on site breakfast

The hotel needs completely updated.

Facility

Overall a very nice, comfy place.,, nice staff..((;

Ran out of pancake batter.,, no screen on slider, I like to have fresh air at night.,.

Convenient location... Very comfy bed

Beds where clean and comfortable

Very old and dingy, needs lots of updating, smelt like moldy wet rug, bathroom needs updated fixtures

Beds where clean and comfortable

clean and well priced room

small bathroom

clean and well priced room

Michael McLaughlin (Reginal Director of Sales) was the best - friendly ,very accomodating -

smoking is too close to the building/rooms

Friendly staff, location, price

Ok would not recommend.

Place was in poor shape, free breakfast was terrible

Do not book. It 's not worth the price

Remodeling poorly done. Specially the bathroom.

The friendly staff and the variety of breakfast items

The lack of security since some outer doors did not look

The friendly staff and the variety of breakfast items

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Clean and convenient but needs to be renovated

The actual building interiors felt old and shabby. Not dirty, but desperately overdue to be renovated.

We would book there again!

The staff was very friendly and accommodating!

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

come come back again

only stayed over kite but everything went well would come back again.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Breakfast options.

Breakfast options..food options were horrible, tasted horrible and looked really old.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

The pool looked a little unkept

The pool looked a little unkept

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

Comfortable beds

Comfortable beds

Overpriced and lackluster but staff is friendly

Bathroom towels were very dingy/almost dirty , mold in shower. For what i paid i usually stay at a marriott.

Friendly staff

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

The heater was "loud" .

The heater was "loud" . . Couldn't control temp very well . Either too hot or had to unplug because of the noise! !!!

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

You get what you pay for

Dog barked much of night. Outdated, dingy. Free breakfast was not great.

Not much. Location was only positive, choose enough to skiing.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

Bed was good.

Bed was good.heat was good

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

A spoon would be better for the eggs.

Tong for scrambled eggs?

A spoon would be better for the eggs. A tong was provided.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Great value good service

Limited local television channels could use more it is 2017 Had 1 channel of HBO

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

the pool

the pool

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

Price is good

Heater in rooms turns off and turns on every five 5 minutes and it is hard to sleep and breath. Towels are old and have great color

Price is good

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

Good enough.

The place was adequate and the breakfast was OK.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016