Reviews of Holiday Inn O'Hare Area 3 stars

5615 North Cumberland Avenue, Rosemont, IL 60631 , USA

#21 of 23 hotels in Rosemont

very nice. will stay here again.

with construction and traffic it's a bit tricky to get into the frontage road. Would like it if the walk from hotel to sidewalk to get to Blue line was completely paved or otherwise formed instead of just some pavers and then grass.

very close to Blue line to head downtown. Can walk across street and parking ramp to the station.

Good location, close to O’Hare Airport about 10min drive.

Bar Louie is the restaurant on site. Great food. Poor service.

Good location, close to O’Hare Airport about 10min drive. Comfy beds, good black out curtains in the room. A/C in room is pretty loud.

Like it and would recommend.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was priced just a little too high

Clean room, nice breakfast, convenient self-park. Close to airport and Blue-line for transportation to downtown

Good simple restaurant.

Room was next to icecube machine, which was very old and made a lot of noise during the night. The room was comformatable, but window was locked and could not be opened anymore. This made the room very moist.

Good simple restaurant. Beds are good and cleaning is frequent and good.

We needed a place to stay one night near O'Hare, and this was an fine choice.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Easy access to freeway, a quiet and comfortable room, excellent blinds to block out the light, friendly and practical staff (there was trouble logging in to the Hotel wifi, so they bypassed the login, which was a great convenience). The pool was open but we didn't use it.

Very average. Left more tired than I arrived which is not usually the case.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Clock and radio broken. TV remote did not work. Phone dead. Constant air-flow 5 times louder than a cheap hotel. I turned the temp. up on the AC, but it was the air noise under the AC, so sound never stopped. If it had stopped blowing for even 15 minutes, I might have gotten some sleep.

I had to leave before breakfast, something I usually like at HI because HI has more protein available than other places that help induce hypoglycemia while I am on the plane three hours after eating. I love the Wi-Fi that normally continues to function, as well as charging capabilities. I love the appearance of the room - no filthy carpet, plastic flowers, gaudy paintings and calm clean colors and feeling of the room.

Nice stay, good food.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The restraint attached was really good, which was a surprise, and the live musician was amusing. The hotel appeared to be well kept. We had an issue with our mini-fridge; the hotel had maintenance at our door in minutes and the fridge was replaced minutes later.

It was not great, but ok.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn't like that we couldn't get free breakfast after spending over $300 for one room which I thought was suppose to be 2 rooms! My 2 adult children, my 15 year old, my husband and my yorkie had to share 1 room! Someone started a fight with my husband coming from the bar of the hotel!

Comfortable bed indeed, housekeeping kept my room very clean!I like that I was able to bring my dog. Spending time with my family was very refreshing.

No more.
    • Standard Room - Non-Smoking

Payment. there is probability that the hotel will take 50$ deposit for each booking. they will say that it will be returned within 3 days after check-out, but even after 2 weeks, I have not received it back. Moreover, even if you pay deposit in cash, they may take it from card as well even after check-out!

It was a great stay, very accomodating and helpful staff.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I wish the location was a little better for where we were going, but thats not the hotels fault.

We got the free breakfast with our stay, and it was really good, we could order from the menu or just eat the buffet both were filling and satisfying. The free parking was also a great plus, it helped me budget our trip without all these extra fees popping up. The Hotel went above and beyond to make sure everything was great for our stay. Even helping us get a roll away when an extra friend joined the trip.

I stayed in O'Hare with a colleague of mine.

I stayed in O'Hare with a colleague of mine. What I liked most was the breakfast and staff working in the hotel. Indeed they helped us with an hit and run incident on the highway. The staff called the police for us and arranged all the procedures to solve the problem with the rent company. In addition rooms are tidy and comfortable, the structure is quite new and bathrooms are nice. Another good point for O'Hare, hotel is just 45 min away from the loop and 10 mins from the airport.

Me and my collegue Milena stayed here for the weekend and it...
    • Standard Room - Non-Smoking

The outer windows were not super clean but it was winter and weather was really bad.

Me and my collegue Milena stayed here for the weekend and it was a very nice experience. Amazing breakfast and really nice hotel. Rooms are tidy and roomy, the structure is quite new and bathrooms are nice. The staff was really nice and ready to help us when we had problems (unfortunately we had a hit and run incident on the highway) and the amazing staff called the police for us and arranged all the procedures to solve the problem with the rent company. Hotel is just 45 min away from the loop and 10 mins from the airport. I absolutely recommend this hotel.

Great place to stay close to the airport!
    • Standard Room - Non-Smoking

To include breakfast, because when I booked the room, it said it included it and it wasn't truth.

The shuttle staff is the best, they are really really kind, specially the night turn driver

Charged me $117 and I never checked in.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Customer service and the $117 charge to my account without ever checking in.

Nothing, I never checked in and still was charged $117. Can't really say I like this stay because, despite contacting hotel twice, and telling them I had influenza b and it was ill advised for me to travel that weekend they still charged me $117. Being sick in bed was probably better than staying in this place if that is how customers are treated.

Great place overall

The carpet in the rooms outdated, same with night stand under tv, the enterance in and out of parking lot

Friendly staff, good location, great restaurant, quiet

breakfast staff friendly
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Clarify all amenities at this hotel on all websites when it comes to booking a hotel. Not all staff was friendly. Paint fumes in all of the halls while renovations were being done caused lots of commotion and made my stay very stressful and I felt ill. Management allowed workers to work after hours (pounding) and the paint fumes were toxic. Firemen had to come and check the rooms for other complications and some guests were very sick.

breakfast staff friendly

I stayed because of the ;location, but I will probably revert to Hyatt Hoff estates in future.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Please clean the glass on doors at entrance ways - they were filthy and leave a negative impression. When I checked in - front desk said I was getting one of their "best - newly renovated rooms". The room was directly across from the elevators- noisy. I was given a top floor room - airplane noise was bothersome. The renovated room had ill-painted doors, sloppy finishing w/caulk- grout in bathroom, and marked up walls/baseboard. The clerk did offer to switch rooms but I had already unpacked. He definitely pawned off a room I would say was one of your least desirable.

I liked the TV, shower in bathroom, mirror/vanity, and mini-refrigerator. Carpet was clean. Housekeeping did a great job daily. The front desk - the staff was friendly. I appreciated that I did receive one complimentary breakfast though it was not part of my package. I will say that I have stayed at Hyatt Place in Hoffman Estates and received a daily free buffet breakfast and the room rate was exactly he same. Workout room was nice.

Great stay! Perfect
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Great stay ! Lighting in the room was great , beds and pillows were comfy, room spacious, clean. Everyone in the hotel from workers to guest were all very nice!

Easy place to stay for $100 if flying from ORD.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Eggs shouldn't be fluffy - they should be dense and velvety. They are fluffy when the cook adds water and/or cooks them on too high a heat/too quickly. The restaurant breakfast was very meh - the vegetables were undercooked (breakfast buffet) and the hollaindaise barely tasted like butter/white wine.

Front desk service was amazing. Wait staff at restaurant were full of smiles and very sweet to my toddlers. Room decor was fresh and on-trend. Smelled like cleaning chemicals when we first entered, however.

The hotel was amazing. The website of Booking.com was the problem.
    • Standard Room - Non-Smoking

When I reached the front desk I didn't have my Reservation. Tried to contact booking.com but there is no option for communicating with them, Thank god that they had rooms available because I didn't have a RESERVATION that I had even confirmed with booking.

Won't choose the hotel again.

Extremely noisy. I can hear the staff cleaning rooms 2-3 rooms away 8:00 in the morning. We can't have free flappers. The price is too high for such a bad experience.

public transportation is convenient

I was very happy to stay here as I just stayed at the Hilton...
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I was very happy to stay here as I just stayed at the Hilton and the experience wasn't as agreeable. I was very happy for the free internet on site parking and kindness of the staff.

The staff was very pleasant and helpful.
    • Standard Room - Non-Smoking

I wasn't informed of the current renovation/remodel until check-in, at that point what am I supposed to do? It's an old hotel with leaking faucets, thin walls and poorly thought out refrigerator/microwave/coffee center. I'm 5'10 and to use the coffee pot I had to pull the microwave forward and set the coffee pot on top of it so I could access the water reservoir. The lighting from the CFL light bulbs was very poor, but hopefully that will be addressed in the remodel.

The staff was very pleasant and helpful.

The bed was really comfortable and the staff were extremely...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The description said that there were tea and coffee making facilities in the room. However, upon arrival, we noticed that there was a coffee machine and tea and coffee provided but no kettle to boil the water for tea. I think they expected us to use the microwave but as a British tea lover, I found that to be unacceptable!

The bed was really comfortable and the staff were extremely nice. We had no problems whatsoever!

Made my reservations through booking for two rooms &...

Made my reservations through booking for two rooms & when I arrived y reservation was nowhere to be found. Once it was found they only had 1room under the reservation. It was a mess.a check in that was supposed to be quick and easy was a 30min ordeal. Also the breakfast was not free or included. However they did give us breakfast vouchers for the inconvenience

Worst of all, hotel has not released credit card authorization for unused charges after a week.

Hotel was being remodeled and in disrepair. They gave me a supposedly remodeled room which had no wall art, lumpy mattress, broken lamp, visible cord for wall mounted tv, door sticks, room number taped to door on paper. It was a mess. We didn't stay because we were too uncomfortable. If I had known beforehand that hotel was under construction I would have picked another.

Manager Clint was very helpful and understanding when we approached him with our problems with hotel.

Breakfast and swimming pool.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Communication about shuttle from the airport, cost a lot of money for the 4 phone calls and waiting about 1.5 hour and no excuse. Better be honest (instead of promising 10 minutes again and again) and say sorry.

Breakfast and swimming pool.

poor
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room was small and old. Booked the room for 4 adults and 2 kids but the hotel policy did not allow for extra roll away bed, so 2 adult and a kid in one bed was very tight for a queen size bed and non of us were able to get a good night sleep....not worth 190$ for 1 night. Suggestion for booking.com, please do not display the hotel rooms that cannot comfortably accommodate the number of people the search is set up for. For 6 people the search should filter out the room that is not large enough to fit a roll away bed.

Breakfast was great

Find another place to stay in the Windy City.
    • Standard Room - Non-Smoking

When I booked the room in June it said it had free breakfast and free transportation to the Donald E. Stevenson convention center. Upon check in I was informed both had been discontinued. Also this hotel is being remodeled so there was construction work being done on the floor below us and the elevators. This hotel was only 1.6 miles from the convention center but I still had to drive over there and pay for parking. No HBO on the cable (no premium channels). Even Motel 6 has HBO. Expensive gift shop.

We did get a couple of free breakfast coupons for the lack of shuttle. Beds were nice Drinks and dinner available on site

We were traveling for business and the hotel was close to our destination, this is the only possitiv
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Unaware hotel under renovation. The elevators and hallways were untidy and extremely worn

The front desk clerk gave us a discounted rate because of the reason we were traveling

OK - value for money OK
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Access public transport (Blue line) by foot is difficult (but possible). Hotel undergoing refurbishment so dont expect pristine appearance Some airplane noise

Comfortable and convienient
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

there were a few staff members that seemed as if they were being bothered, our experience with the breakfast was different, could have been a little better for what you pay, first morning our server was great and went out of her way, second morning we felt like we were at a prison meal

Bed was comfortable, most of the staff was friendly, there was a little area with snacks, drinks and supplies if forgotten

Good place to stay to be close to Blueline.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The service at Bar Louie was friendly, but slow. It would be nice if there was a hot tub as well as the pool and fitness center. Complimentary breakfast or at least coffee in the lobby would be very nice. The walkway to the street sidewalk should be paved or at least professionally finished. The stepping stones are not very attractive and stop before reaching the sidewalk. Construction/remodeling is going on, but that's has to be done sometime.

Closeness to Blue line CTA. Friendly staff. This exit can be congested at times, so be prepared if you need to get over the lanes to exit. Mac's Restaurant across I-90 is good place for breakfast and lunch if you have a car or want a long walk.

When we were there it was what we needed but I complained...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bugs in the room were terrible and I got double charged for the room and then they blamed me for this. I ended up having to phone the hotel and because I live in Scotland it cost me £50 to call.

When we were there it was what we needed but I complained about the bugs in our room and they done nothing about jt

The hotel itself was great, but the staff could use some work

The hotel maids came in our room at 8am while we were sleeping, although check out wasn't until noon. It was weird and woke us up. Asked for 3 toothbrushes and some toothpaste, they brought us 2 and an already opened packet of toothpaste and it took forever for them to bring it up. I was already in bed and had to get dressed to answer the door.

The pool was so warm and nice. The bed was SO comfortable. We slept like babies. Room was really clean. The hotel was close enough to Chicago that you could get an Uber and far enough away from the city to not have to deal with the traffic.

Very clean and comfortable room.
    • Standard Room - Non-Smoking

First room they gave us one bed for 4 adults. Had to go ask for the two beds room I had reserved. Breakfast was not included.

Very clean and comfortable room.

The hotel is close to the Cumberland metro station so...

Some sort of breakfast in the morning would have been appreciated

The hotel is close to the Cumberland metro station so getting into town is easy.....have stayed in this hotel previously so we knew the drill !! There was a fridge and microwave in the room which was convenient.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Overall, great!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Your beds wouldn't comfortable at all and one of my kids had to sleep on the floor.

Service was great! Everyone accommodated us the best possible. Everyone was very friendly! Thanks!!!

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

The worst hotel choice I have ever done
    • Standard Room - Non-Smoking

It was a horrible experience. I am never going back to that place. I went to Chicago to take an exam. I was going to take the airport shuttle. As soon as my plane landed I called the hotel to make sure that I don't miss the shuttle. But each time I called the reception, they told me a different story about the shuttle schedule. every 30 min became every 35 and then another one told me every 45 minutes. Result: me and 2 other costumers had to wait outside for 1 hour watching other hotels' shuttles make their second rounds. nevertheless they defended themselves by accusing me with missing the shuttle as if it were possible. Thanks to this incident, I got a cold and had to stay at this hotel room for 2 days with high fever and almost was gonna miss the exam. no restaurant or shopping in walking distance. The only eatable things at breakfast were fruits and bagels.

service at the bar was fine

OK for the Location and Cost, Nothing Special

The place is OK enough but it is obviously a used facility. Lots of things just look worn out, stuff in the room, elevator, hallway carpets, etc. Looks like there is a lot of use which is understandable given the location. Our room had a toilet problem where it kept running, I fixed it once but the toilet hardware is in such a poor state it didn't stay fixed. It was loud enough we had to keep the bathroom door closed. The bathroom door itself was annoying, it slowly closed itself which was annoying when you didn't want it to. The fire sprinkler in the ceiling was missing it's drywall finishing plate, not a fire problem, just ugly looking. They are painting the outside of the building, maybe they are starting a renovation phase, they could use it.

Nothing overly positive to speak of, it was a room.

Not impressed.
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

They were painting the outside but the rooms inside need some serious attention. The bath tub when standing in it I could feel it bending under me. The housekeepers were extremely loud and the front desk person had no personality at all. The tv did not work, it would not switch channels and the service kept interrupting it. Oh and because I went with booking.com I did not get any points for this stay. I have been to a lot of IHG facilities and between this one and the one in Grand Rapids MI that wasn't even cleaned by housekeeping I am not happy.

The front lobby was great. They were painting the outside but the rooms need some serious attention. The housekeepers were extremely loud and the front desk person had no personality at all.

Close to the CTA Blue Line station

The only thing I can think of the wallpaper in the bathroom by the shower was bubbled out Other than that....the room was clean and comfortable

Close to the CTA Blue Line station Also close to a supermarket for snacks

The bed was very comfortable and the pillows fluffy.

Don't park in the above parking deck, to get down to ground level you either have to walk down the ramp and possibly into traffic coming up or use this dark damp staircase - if it's wet you have to jump over a large puddle since the flooring at the bottom has no grade to it - and then cut through the pool area to the front of the building. It wasn't very nice or overly safe seeming.

The bed was very comfortable and the pillows fluffy. It was very clean as well.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

The room we were in had a bathroom fan that ran non-stop and...

The room we were in had a bathroom fan that ran non-stop and sounded like a bearing was going bad. It vibrated and rattled, sounding like we were next to a machine shop all night.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

good location for overnight stay after returning from international travel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

food in restaurant at breakfast was not good. bacon tasted old, eggs not cooked per request 1st time

very comfortable bed staff helpful with questions

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

The restaurant was great
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Woman who checked me in was rude. Reservation was all wrong for bed sizes and time. She seemed bothered by trying to fix the situation.

The restaurant was great

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

We were conveniently located for visiting family & other...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The website wasn't very clear, I thought there was a complimentary breakfast. The list of amenities had breakfast in the list, with a faint circle & hash mark in it.

We were conveniently located for visiting family & other attractions. The hotel was lovely.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

This is a very good well centered facility to O'Hare and covention center. reasonably priced
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Internet was slow. Elevator floors are not level with floors.

Room was clean and comfortable. staff was courteous, parking was excellent. In house restaurant food was great and priced acceptable to area. close to Stevens convention center.

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

The bed was really comfortable and staff was great.
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Our room smelled really bad, there was no vending machines and we needed water really bad, and the room was extremely outdated.

The bed was really comfortable and staff was great.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Great stay for the price!
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Right off busy road and had to walk out of the way to get to blue line. Older room with some an out dated bathroom. However very clean and would not prevent me from returning

The staff was excellent. The bar and grill had really good food. great wait staff and very cool atmosphere.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Room could use a little work, but the staff was great.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The air conditioner sounded like a lawn mower, it woke us up every time it came on. The shower head was leaking from the wall so there was water all over the floor. And the curtains in room were ripped and stained dirty. Probably won't be staying at that Holiday Inn again.

Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Fantastic staff at check-in and shuttle.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel is very old. The rooms need to be renovated including the bathrooms. The A/C / heating made so much noise I could barely sleep. It was very overpriced.

Fantastic staff at check-in and shuttle. Very helpful and very nice.

Excellent location convenient to Airport and Trains Network.
    • Standard Room - Non-Smoking

Perhaps too many television sets operating in the bar area.

Very convenient location to the Airport and train system to Central Chicago. Hotel shuttle coach service was excellent and frequent. Staff very efficient. Room was comfortable and clean.

Very expensive for lack of comfort
    • Standard Room - Non-Smoking

Price & Comfort Checkout time was 12pm, however staff knocked my door for some reason at 7-30am. Prices were crazy expensive, so I booked another Hotel in the city center for 30% less.

Located near the airport

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Overall decent experience for the rate
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The shower floor has water seepage. When the water was running somehow the water seeped under the floor of the shower and you could feel the floor of the shower floating which was awkward but the staff said they were aware of the problem. There were no obvious signs of water damage though. The breakfast that was included with the room was mediocre.

Water pressure was fantastic and the water got hot quickly and lasted for a long time. The room was clean and had plenty of pillows. The room also had a microwave and fridge which was great for storing drinks and heating up leftovers from dinner. A channel guide was provided for the tv and was extremely useful.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

A place to stay for easy access to the city and airport
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Hotel is looking a bit sad and in need of redecoration.

Staff were very helpful. Location close to metro was good for access into Chicago. Bar Louie had good food choices.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

Satisfactory stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The shuttle was extremely late picking us up from airport, several guests including us had to keep calling. The room was too humid made the bed feel wet and smelled. I put dryer sheet in air conditioner. Breakfast was really bad. Food was almost gone and still had 45 minutes to go. They were not bringing out anymore food and still kept letting people order buffet. You stuck to the floor the minute you walked in the door to restaurant.

The front desk staff were excellent. Loved being able to park then come back and have shuttle pick us up.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

Nice staff they allow me for early check as will as quick...

Location is good near airport but no near resutrant around you , furnture seems old

Nice staff they allow me for early check as will as quick check out , airport and clinical skill center free shuttle , all facillities I need is present

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

I liked the area.

I didnr like the surprise holding fee that I was charged. Even after I called to confirm and set up another reservation it was never mentioned to me. I had to use money I brought for activites to cover it causing me to miss out on previously scheduled plans.

I liked the area. The convience of the shuttle.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

staff was very very nice in all aspects
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

possibly the worst physical plant I have ever experienced in a holiday inn carpet shabby paint chipping I was in room 508 and the floor of the shower was so squishy that it felt like there was water under the shower

staff was very very nice in all aspects

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Old hotel needing some TLC.
    • Standard Room - Non-Smoking

The coffee maker did not work, they replaced it and still not working. The safe was closed and they could not or did not try to open it. Parking in the rear is dirty and people are sleeping rough in the car park. Empty beer bottles left in the car park.

Wake up call on the phone worked perfectly! Nothing else.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

A good time was had by all !
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The only complaint that I have is the A.C. unit was very loud but I got used to it after awhile it kept the room nice and cool so that made up for it :-)

The food was excellent and the bed and pillows were exactly like clouds !

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

a good night's stay

Couldn't connect to WiFi, and another guest had the same problem

It was close to my work,so that was convenient. Beds were comfortable, and room was clean

Clean and comfortable rooms.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Clean and comfortable rooms. Great location. Omelette and French toast at breakfast were delicious.

The beds are very confortable,people very amable.

The beds are very confortable,people very amable.

• Standard Room - Non-Smoking

I like Holiday Inns. I will not go back to this one.

Too many people using the pool after dinner and there was a strong smell of marijuana at the pool area.

The outdoor pool

Clean, staff and close of train station

Clean, staff and close of train station

Best stay ever

I loved everything

Everything was perfect

Love chicago

Finding the trains was a bit of a mission but once a route was discovered it was good

Great value for money and good sized rooms

VERY GOOD

A WALK IN SHOWER

No And Yes

Bed is not comfortable

Bed is not comfortable

Shuttle service

Shuttle service

I'll never go again and I tell everyone I know not to go.

Miss information. Rude staff. Uninformed staff. The bed was extremely uncomfortable

The room was very clean

This hotel was nice, clean and conveniently located.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff was really nice and extremely helpful.