Reviews of Holiday Inn North Phoenix 3 stars

12027 North 28th Drive, North Mountain, Phoenix, AZ 85029, USA

#79 of 141 hotels in Phoenix

Only thing we found upon checking out was the 11 am time...
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Only thing we found upon checking out was the 11 am time when on-line it said 12pm. Having had surgery the day before, the extra hour was nice. Unfortunately it wasn't so we had to hurry.

Used to be a great place to stay. Would really think about it before I booked again.

Maintenance is really low on the list. Exposed electric wires out at the pool. Law mower stored in the pool area. Pool and hot tub were not cleaned in 3 days time. Nor was the tables, chairs, towels, food and drink cleaned up out there. One table held together with duct tape. Trees trimmed and not cleaned up. Grass is almost dead, sprinklers must not work. Hallway smelled of sewer. An exposed sewer cap in the hall way. Breakfast bar is rough. Served in throw away pans. Never cleaned up or wiped off. Not organized. This property need some new management that cares.

The bed was comfortable, pillow were nice. TV worked great. Shower was hot. Front desk staff was very polite and nice.

Wasn’t fond of location.

The pool & hot tub weren’t cleaned. Dirt & debris in both.

Only great thing about hotel was the comfy bed. It seemed like it was just remodeled.

It was close to the highway.
    • Executive King Room

The bed was very hard and the walls are so thin, we could hear the people in the next room blow their nose and use the restroom. We could jear the housekeepers every morning going down the halls at 6am.

It was close to the highway.

The parking was all around the hotel so you had a great...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

When i first got in the room I had to exchange all the pillowcases because one had lipstick on it! Should of made them change the whole bedding!

The parking was all around the hotel so you had a great chance of parking right in front of your room. It had lots of restaurants around it and a couple were 24hr. Right by the freeway not to close but close enough .

Disappointing stay
    • Executive King Room

Unfortunately, our stay did not meet standard expectations. Breakfast is NOT included, and this was not made clear at check-in so we had to pay $10 each the next morning after eating. They were consistently out of pool towels, and I had to call three times to have them eventually brought. The carpets were in very poor condition, and the restaurant's food was mediocre and over-priced. And lastly, I was overcharged on the room--the cost increased each weekday up to $15 more than the original price. I would not recommend it, sadly.

Voyerism to this extent is subject to heavy prosecution.

I was put in a room that had a hidden camera in it. Room 425. Check it out! Some or all of your staff are participating in some extremely unethical behaviour.

The bed was comfortable

Bed was comfortable.
    • Executive King Room

Lights were broken off headboard, no cover on phone so had no clue what buttons were for what, huge stains on lamp shades, wanted a room with tub and asked to be down graded to one and was told I'd have to pay full price for another room. Breakfast took an hr to get, potatoes were undercooked and everything was cold! Extremely disappointed in Holiday Inn. Was more like a Motel 6 experience!!!

Bed was comfortable.

Someone needs to check those strange heavy sliding doors to Bathroom. Noise is really bad at night.
    • Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Noise from freeway was deafening. Staff moved us 3 rooms down same side of freeway. I have stayed at Holiday Inns before, disappointing for $200.00 a night. Also, door to bathroom impossible to slide shut. AWFUL DESIGN.

Not sure if we would stay again.

Couldnt get the cable to work. Even more disturbing, the door's deadbolt didn't work and the door wouldn't close properly (could just be pushed open by pushing or pulling on it). I do have to say that hotel security came up right away to see what could be done. Security offered another room, but the hotel was full and had no other rooms available. He figured out that we had to slam the door shut really hard to not be able to simply push/pull it open. He even remedied the cable problem.

Room given was at end of hall on top floor; very quiet, even though the hotel was full of sport teams.

Disappointed
    • Room Selected at Check-In

The walls in the room were scribbled on with a crayola, and the front desk clerk Delencia was absolutely rude and unprofessional.

The only thing that brightened this stay was the waitress. The front desk staff was absolutely rude.

Never again.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Where do I start? When we checked in, the front desk clerk was very curt and short with us. When we checked into our rooms, I found a cleaning wipe left in the toilet, multiple smudges in the wall, holes/tears in some of the old rundown furniture, a bathroom slider door that didn’t close all the way, and finally, one area of the wall had boogers wiped on it. Yup. Boogers. I requested a new room and was reassigned, and although it was cleaner, it was still rather outdated and somewhat rundown. Spoke to a manager the next morning. No refund was issued nor offered and when I called him back later that morning, (and left a voicemail) he never returned my call. Also, if you get a room next to the street, be warned—a very busy street and a lot of street noise throughout night.

The staff in the resturaunt were fantastic and the patio off of the resturaunt was very nice. Food was pretty good, too! Easy access on/off freeway.

I wouldn't stay hear again. I was never able to get comfortable in the room.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

01) CIGARETTE SMELL/SMOKE. It's really bad! 02) The fire/smoke dectector is missing in the bathroom. 03) Reserved a king bed online. I was put into a handicapped room (I'm not handicapped) with two double beds. 04) There are no curtains. Blinds that are literally scotch taped shut. I'm having to use the towels to keep the broken shutters closed to have privacy. 05) The window AC is loud. I wouldn't stay hear again. I was never able to get comfortable in the room. The smell of stale cigarette smoke was gross. It got worse when you turned on the air.

Great staff. Easy check-in. Decent location. Pet friendly.

Very unfriendly staff. We were not the only ones to have issues.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Location and the entire staff was all “in training” Never had a manager on staff to speak to. Very unfriendly staff. As we were entering the building the other guest said “if you can cancel do it, as this is the worst hotel I was every in’

Location was horrible!!! Need to indicate it is in the neighborhood.

Really nice place to stay. Staff were amazing . Overall a great hotel
    • Executive King Room

Both lights on headboard where broken only one of them turned on but couldn’t adjust it in anyway .

Bed was so comfortable. It was really nice. I loved the bathroom . The light on the head board made it more romantic. My husband loved the place he was surprised.

Generally it was fine. No confusion or problems.
    • Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The air conditioning system could be better. The buffet breakfast wasn't really very good for the price. Many places would have called it a continental breakfast and it would have been free. The room was pretty expensive, but other hotels in the Phoenix area were priced just as high or higher.

The room was clean and well maintained. However, the air conditioner needed some work as it cycled (on and off) about every ten minutes all night and was extremely noisy. the staff was friendly and went out of their way to greet us. The room was quiet and mostly free from noise from other guests and/or traffic.

There was no breakfast offered unless you paid extra
    • Room Selected at Check-In

It was clean and staff friendly but walls are thin so can hear the neighbors and doors open/close constantly. Bring earplugs

There was no breakfast offered unless you paid extra

Cross this hotel off my list for ever staying there again. Very dissapointing.
    • Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Service was terrible. Took 4 times to program room keys to actually open the doors. Coffee maker went out and I asked for a replacement. They sent people to our room twice to check it out. Still did not work. Finally a maintenance employee replaced it with a new one. Had to ask 3 times. The in-room phone did not work. The same maintenance employee worked on it for 15 minutes and got it to working. Apparently it had not worked for some time. Very poor service and inconvenienced us.

Room was good, location was good to where we were going.

Good value and a comfortable stay.
    • Executive King Room

Unfortunately the wifi in our room was very poor compared to other locations in the hotel.

Bed was comfortable, room was nice and big, nice shower, gym was good to use and air con worked well to cool the room.

So disappointed. Not Impressed at all!
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Asked for a queen or king bedroom, got two full beds! Room noisy from traffic! Nowhere to hang your towels in the bathroom!! Lifts tired looking! Breakfast in the restaurant was slow coming i.e. Over 30 mins despite there being only three parties in the entire restaurant, and our orders were incorrect. Despite our having arrived before the other groups, all the meals came out together and ours was cold.!! I could have gone into the kitchen myself and whipped it up faster!!!! Neither was our Waitress overly cheerful. The right words were said but the facial expressions didn't match. Deeply disappointed in our two night stay. We decided to spend a bit more money by staying with a Holiday Inn over Motel 6 as a bit of a treat for my wife and I. Not impressed at all and would be hard pressed to stay at another member of you chain again.

The room decor although a little tired looking.

The staff was very friendly and helpful.
    • Executive King Room

The bed was hard and you could hear everthing that was going on in the next room and outside. The rooms are definitely not spund proof.

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Bad management leads to a poor staff . When the tree is bad all the apples will be rotten. Low class
    • Executive King Room

Lots , 4 nights stay only got 3 of 4 before they kicked me out and called the cops on me all for saying I would just put my comments about them charging my card $50 for a stain on the sheet.

The road out of there.

Hotel manager steals $50 and when confronted he kicks me out and calls cops. Keeps my nights stay $$
    • Room Selected at Check-In

The fact they they charged my credit card without my knowledge $50 for a stain on the sheet less than 3 inches in diameter. Then when I ask the manager why he said because of guest like me that think the hotel has to pay for guests accidents. Then it was all bad from there.

That I was able to leave without being arrested by the police after the general manager called them saying he wanted me kicked off the property for telling him I would leave it in my review .

Amazing! Will book again.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

The room was clean, the staff was friendly and accommodating. It was a little difficult to get to the property, but other than that, my stay was excellent!

Very basic but served the purpose.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Room smelled of smoke but after travelling for 24 hrs I just needed a shower but when I mentioned this to reception she immediately insisted I move to another room despite already using the shower. Awesome service.

Front reception desk was fabulous. She was only one in duty with a long Friday line but she was very polite and efficient.

I always end up back at this hotel when I'm in Phoenix
    • Executive King Room

I wish the rooms were better lit. There are plenty of lamps but an overhead light would be awesome.

I really enjoy this hotel. I have stayed 3 other times. The front desk manager was excellent and very helpful. The room was very comfortable and the ice machines all worked! The location is very good. It's safe and closer to everything I like doing while I'm here. The bed and pillows are really nice.

It was a nice stay. The personal where really good for what they had to work with.

It was a smaller more confining bathroom at the entry door. I would recommend a sliding door. The elevator needs some attention also.

The bed was very comfortable

Good location in Phoenix, great property and facilities and amazing staff

The room was extremely comfortable and clean. But more importantly, the staff was outstanding.....especially Victoria at the front desk who obviously enjoyed her job and enjoys people. Amazing!!!

Expect a smile and warm greeting when you stay here.

No complaints

Staff: Delencia and Daniel went above and beyond. Customer service is excellent. Floor was quiet and clean. The bed is a dream. I will be back!

I wish I could've stayed longer!

The only bad thing I can think of is the wifi being a little slow but that's it. Everything else was awesome.

Everything was great! Bed was comfy, the front desk employees were really nice, the room itself was clean and cool! I would definitely recommend this place.

Clean, convenient and comfortable
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Breakfast never came, call desk. Sent breakfast but it was not everything I ordered. They gave me breakfast for free, which was very nice of them.

Staff was pleasant. Ordered breakfast in room.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

Disappointed
    • Executive King Suite

Dead cockroach by the A.C. unit, food at restaurant very salty, bathroom floor and shower really slippery, door lock died unable to get into unit on multiple tries.

Proud to work

I've stayed in a lot of different hotels recently and was relieved to find the bed was comfortable and the pillows were doable. What I really enjoyed about our stay was the staff. They were younger which threw me a little at first but they were knowledgeable, friendly, and working hard EVERY time we saw them. Great job guys! Way to stay off those phones 👍👍

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Ripped off

I was wrongfully accused and charged $250 on top on paying the initial stay because your staff / team members said there was smoking in the room. Yet after 5 staff members inspected the room there's not one piece of evidence found out related to ANY KIND OF SMOKING .It's wrong how I was taken care of and I paid that much for that kind of service from such a great hotel

The nice comfortable bed

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

Rooms where very nice and clean
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We were asked to leave because we were profiled from the entering the hotel and when a friend showed up and was question by a staff member where he was going the staff member reported he was threatened by the friend of mine. Upon talking with my friend he was question by the staff member and when the staff member didn't like the answers he made up that he was threatened to have us removed. Lost cost of the room for first day.

Rooms where very nice and clean

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

I wouldn't return but you get what you pay for
    • Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The housekeeping staff was rude. And the doors are extremely thin. We had a room with a joined door and couldn't sleep thanks to the loud talking of the guest next door or the hotel staff in the ha

The convenience of the hotel toy destinations.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

Friendly staff, comfy clean room, nice fireplace outside of...

Location very ghetto, concerned for car safety in parking lot

Friendly staff, comfy clean room, nice fireplace outside of bar/dining room, close to freeway

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Recent stay 1/26/16-1/30/16
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I liked it all nothing bad to say what so ever

I delt with the front desk women and they were so nice and helpful that it made my stay way more relaxing which was very nice

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

No wifi in room. Worse overall experience, than expected.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

The wifi in room was not working. Buffet breakfast is extremely poor. We could not open window in the room. They have given us a different room, compare what we have booked. We expected a better level overall.

The staff was helpful. Small kitchen in room.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

Great for the money spent.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

The hot water for the shower would never stay consistent, you would get it set then it would get hot one second and then change to cold the next. .

The room was just exactly what I was hoping for.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Home away from home
    • Executive King Room

The restaurant... the staff was nice but our group ordered some sliders, some pop corn shrimp with chicken and jalapeno poppers, a burger, salad, and chicken wings - after waiting 45+ minutes our food was served to us cold and the cucumbers and tomatoes on the salad looked as if they were frozen and thawed.

My husban, baby and I are in the middle of transitioning from an apartment to a home in this area. On top of I we still have to work... the hotel is clean and the staff is very friendly. We also ran into David the General Manager, he was very welcoming. Great hotel for this location.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

I will stay here again for sure!
    • Executive King Room

There was nothing to dislike.

The pillows were very large and very comfy! The room was modern, clean and nice. There were many towels in the bathroom and it was a nice style room in general.

• Reviewed: 14 September 2016

Missing Sheets

The DNR that was placed due to house keepings inability to take note that bed sheets were changed by guest therefore hotel manager Dave charged me $550. Have yet to hear from Dave to resolve the issue. I let the front desk know that I was going to check in again later that evening to stay a few more days so why would I need sheets that I can get at Walmart for $40 a set?

I enjoyed the comfort of the hotel and the staff was very friendly.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Our favorite hotel when coming to Phoenix. This time we used it as "base" for a family reunion.

Can't really think of any negatives. . .

We enjoy this hotel for the fact that it is well kept. The rooms and bathrooms are always clean-feeling and fresh. We have stayed here repeatedly for several years now, and the pool is always in good shape and the property just feels cared for.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

Rooms and bed and staff

I couldn't call to the front desk phone wasnt working the fire alam went off at 2am woke up my babies and had to use my cell phone to call front desk.

Rooms and bed and staff

The staff is amazing

The staff is amazing

Fix the refrigerator! We traveled 4 hours! Breakfast should be free like most hotels!
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Shower is weird! Needs a full door! Refrigerator did not get cold until the following morning so we could not use it!!!!

Friendly staff

It was ok.

The bed was hard and you heard the people talking in the other room & in the hallway.

Good stay for the money.

Perfect
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Only thing wrong was we had to go home.

Memorial day made great!

Couldn't stay longer....

They did NOT jack up the room prices for the holiday!!!!!! Pool, elevator, easy handicap parking, great roll in shower.

Was ok. Clean but needs updating. Location good.

Older hotel. Needs updating.

Very inconsistent with payment methods.
    • Executive King Room

Very inconsistent with payment methods. Everthing else was good.

The hotel was not in sync with booking

pretty much evetything.

Nothing really, did not get the room promised.

The jacuzzi did not work and it was extremely dirty

The jacuzzi did not work and it was extremely dirty

Stay again...
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Price, but I understand...

Hotel, room and desk staff.

Awesome

Everyone was very friendly

A tropical paradise.

A tropical paradise. I loved it

Love this motel,

Cold potatoes awful decade

Value was great

Bad experience- never again at any holiday inn.
    • Executive King Room

The door key didn't work several times, the hot tub wasn't working.

The pool was ok.

Clean and comfortable

A little pricey

Clean and comfortable

It was everything u want and more

It was everything u want and more

Big bed

The service from front desk was rude

Big bed

Staff unfriendly and non responsive to request for service.

Broken coffee machine. Reported to staff all 3 mornings yet never replaced

Beds comfortable

great!

coffee was only decaf or tea

clean enviornment. a/c worked great

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I did not like the lundery machine where you need 12 qurator to be able to use it

I like the staff ,room and location

Really good place to sleep.. and good pricing

Pillows

It's over.

Extremely rude desk clerk

We were very impressed with your rates would stay again for sure .

The pool awfully small.

The breakfast was the best. The room was very nice, room service excellent. Did such as great job .

Expensive

See above

The room was very clean.

Restaurant Mgr was very friendly and attentive.

Food was only fair.

Restaurant Mgr was very friendly and attentive.

Comfortable bed!
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Comfortable bed! Big bath, close to a lot of food places. And the bartender was great!

It was ok
    • Room Selected at Check-In

The place was not very clean, there was blood on the wall.

The bed was comfortable

Beds are comfortable
    • Executive King Room

No complaints, an overnight stay

Beds are comfortable

Great value
    • Executive King Room

I liked the layout and the design. Really awesome.seating area

The cox cable company advertises durring a show , every show...

The tv service

The cox cable company advertises durring a show , every show, I hated that

Browse Holiday Inn North Phoenix traveller photo gallery