Reviews of Best Western Plus Heritage Inn 2 stars

111 East March Lane, Stockton, CA 95207, USA

#6 of 19 hotels in Stockton

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Pool View

We did not get the room we reserved. Instead of 2 queen beds we got 1 king bed suite with a broken hide-a-bed couch. We had our 15 yr old daughter with no place for her to sleep. We were told they had no more rollaway beds and when asked where our daughter was going to sleep the clerk said "I don't know" . I asked for sheets, blanket and pillow so my daughter could sleep on the floor since the couch was gross. The maid was great, she found us a rollaway bed for her to sleep on. The carpets were gross with multiple large stains, the tub/shower was gross with missing/ cracked caulking around it. We found hair on the bedding of both the bed and the hide -a-bed. Needless to say none of us slept well that night. Then they were going to charge us the rate for the suite which was about $50 more than my reservation of the 2 queen room. They did finally give us a discount of $50 from our original rate. I feel we should not have been charged at all for the room, it was their screw up and they put us in the grosses room imaginable.

Nothing, The maid was nice and as helpful as she could be.

There were these Nat bugs that bite in our room and by the pool. I had to request room service every day we were there. Some of the staff was rude, but some were really nice.

The kids enjoyed swimming and the breakfast.

What you see in the pictures are not what you get. The room that I was in the carpet was sticky and gross. It was very dated. The “clean” towels didn’t feel clean. It was like when they were washed they used way too much detergent. The water didn’t get hot at all. The four days that I stayed all my showers were lukewarm. There was one front desk person that was very rude and unprofessional.

It was quiet and the other guest were very friendly.

• King Room with Pool View - Non-Smoking

Noisy room on ground floor next to side entrance. Bad smell throughout and very dirty carpets. Toilet not working. Bed only had on thin blanket and a sheet. Car belonging to another guest had rear window smashed during the night in the carpark so didn't feel particularly safe in this area.

Nothing, When you've been travelling for 20 hours, and then have no sleep for 3 nights due to banging door and pool gate next to room, it's hard to think of good things to say about this hotel. Have stayed here before and dissapointed this time. Probably rather stay at BW Vineyard Inn in Livermore in future.

• Queen Room with Roll-in Shower

Room & Entrance doors slamming all night. Overhead stomping and walking, floors weak? Carpets dirty with shoe dirt marks everywhere. Paint dust on walls coming off on clothes in room every time you forget and lean on a wall or brush against one.

Only thing wrong was the toilet ran Everytime you flushed it so you had to make sure you checked it after every use.

Everything was nice and clean. Grounds were well maintained. Breakfast was good.

Parking around building was difficult. Restaurants not within walking distance.

Big improvement in tv programing. They switched from cable to Directv. Better channels and picture.

There was a wet, dirty washcloth lying in the middle of the floor when we checked in. The hotel is designed so that some rooms like ours, had people coming and going and hauling cases at both the front and back of the room, so very noisy. This was compounded by the noisiest heating system we'd ever heard, which we had to use because the room was freezing and there was only one very thin blanket on the bed. Then the truck came around at 6:30 a.m. to empty garbage cans ...

The receptionist was very friendly and welcoming. Unfortunately, it went downhill from there.

Uncleanliness of carpets,and garbage at one entrance with flies to walk thru, as well as unkept areas around facilities, homeless people sleeping where parking was. Pool needed cleaning as well as outdoor tables and chairs!

Complimentary drink andcoffee

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Pool View

slippery tub, no grab rails, people from the wedding party throwing their empty bottles on our 3rd story balcony, no ice machines in our building that work , took fives tries every time to get door open

new paint,staff was good

There was no hot water so it was an inconvenience to go to another room to shower; however, I received a discount for the night.

Staff were friendly and helpful. Food was good. Room was comfortable.

The card key took numerous tries before it worked. At one point we had to go to the front desk to be let into our room. There didn’t seem to be any urgency on their part to fix the problem. We literally went to eat in shifts so someone was always in the room to open it for others. The jacuzzi was cold and there was a constant strong smell of marijuana in the halls.

Leaving.

There was no parking it was pointless to give us a parking pass when half the parking lot didn't have one I requested towels never brought none i requested a baby crib never brought it to me

The building was run down. Bed was not comfortable and they stuck us right next to the elevator on the first floor. Extremely noisy. Back parking area has bad lighting. Need more lighting. Didn’t feel safe.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Pool View

The Hallway carpet was dirty and not vacuumed. It made the first impression a very, very bad one. The carpet needs to be REPLACED.

The room was clean and the staff was wonderful.

Shares a parking lot with Food for Less. There is activity in the parking lot until quite late and the noise was somewhat bothersome. Turning on the fan in the room probably would reduce the distraction.

Staff was very friendly and helpful.

Reservation made weeks in advance our choice of room was very limited. Halls smelled of marijuana & over abundance of air freshener. For someone sensitive these odors were an issue. Elevator was directly across the hall & very noisy. Ottoman was so dirty we could hardly tell it was supposed to match chair.

The breakfast was decent. The lobby was clean. The staff friendly.

The room was dirty, I asked for mom smoking and I got smoking. The towels were dirty, the carpet were dirty. It’s was dirty period so disappointed that booking would use this facility! Never again

Free breakfast

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

I had driven a long way and all I wanted to do was eat a quick dinner and watch some TV. The remote did not work. It took them about 10 minutes to bring a new remote and then the guy just handed it to me and walked away. This remote did not work either. So after another ten minutes they changed my room. Obviously not a big deal, but it was almost midnight and I didn't need this frustration. A little pricey, but they most likely knew that Sacramento hotels were booked and charged a higher rate taking advantage of this.

I was driving through town heading back to Los Angeles and needed a place to stay. It was fine for the night and was nice enough to stay for a night or two.

Secruity could have been better....walked into hall to my door and pot smoking was going on...once in room few hours later heard a small dog barking in the hall and people rushing into their room with it. More pot smells again later. Sadly when we checked out we left our fast charger for my cell phone on the table and when we got home and called...maid service did not turn it in. This is the second time staying at BW on our trip that something personal was not kept and turned into lost and found on their property. Our fault for leaving items but there should be an honor rule with their staff......

smell of the body lotion

No hot water. Water running out of the bathroom light, coming from the bathroom upstairs. We had to change rooms but then had to be split in two room. still paid the same overpriced fee. Booking .com was not the best rate compared to others that stayed that night. carpets and bedspread was stained. Looked like people were staying long term, maybe displaced families.

I didn't like how we almost weren't able to stay there because of a misunderstanding when I booked the room through booking.com. all of the non-smoking rooms were already taken by a wedding party, even though I had booked the room months prior, but a manager kindly accommodated us and gave us one of the emergency rooms.

The continental breakfast was very good food was fresh and tasted great and the staff helping with the breakfast were very friendly.

Elevator older afraid of getting locked in.

The parking lot is open to a grocery lot. No private lot. Was constantly checking if my vehicle was ok. Did not get good sleep.

Had a room by the door going outside & people kept slamming it going in & out until after 2am

Great breakfast selection & the beds were very comfortable

Breakfast was great except: Someone dropped a sauage which was not picked up. As I walked pass their table, I slipped on it. Two ladies had to pick me up. Other than that, I really enjoyed staying there.

The room was very nice. I could see my car from my window. Nice having a small refrigerator in the room. Bed was comfortable.

The hallways and rooms are not upgraded/Remodeled like the front lobby. But the main thing we didn't like was they hotel has Roaches. We didn't spend anytime in the room.

The staff was nice. And the front lobby looks great.

Nothing I can think of it!

I don't know how to put it down in word,s the most no one hotel in my eyes I'm really excited about this!I'm so glad I stayed hear enjoyed it😀😀😀😀😀

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Pool View

The place is very nice and the rooms quite comfortable. There is a lot of security in the hotel. The breakfast service was very good and the room was big and clean. The hotel is in a good location near downtown.

All was good

Large room with King size bed. Very helpful reception staff providing us with all information we required. Complimentary drinks on arrival and a full breakfast was very much appreciated.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Pool View

The parking could have been easier to obtain and the view from window could have been nicer.

The staff was friendly, helpful, and courteous. The accommodations were very clean, despite them being aged. The breakfast was very tasty.

There was a roach in my first room in the bed. Don't like the $50 deposit every time u extend the room

Wish there was over easy eggs because the scramble was gross

My reservation was for a king bed, but they only had double queen. They said that was booking.com's fault and that the bed size was not guaranteed. Carpets looked like they hadn't been cleaned in years.

The price

Roaches Multiple roaches, multiple locations Even on my towel Gross

Bed was comfortable We drove to Oregon for the Eclipse I trust the reviews posted by fellow travelers when booking. Building B in this hotel has a roach problem

They could not find reservation I made through Booking.com

Was very happy with the service to get a room since they did not have my reservation through Booking.com. We enjoyed the complimentary drinks at the lounge and complimentary breakfast

Didn't clean our room one day, got back to the hotel late & had to wait for fresh towels. Our reservation some how got cancelled, but the manager made things right & gave us a better rate then what we had thru Booking when we checked out ;)

Breakfast was Awesome & the Bed was Wonderful as well. Very quite in the building we stayed in.

From the outside it looked like a cheap apartment complex. The inside was old and dirty (except the reception area.) I couldn't believe it it was a Best Western plus.

The reception area.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Pool View

I booked 2 rooms. One of my rooms was was dated and needed new carpet or the carpet cleaned. But I would stay here again in the same room.

The staff was awesome. Catherine at the front desk is a gem. The breakfast is good too. The property is in walking distance to a 24 hour grocery store that sells everything, a bank, resturants, car and a mall.

No air conditioning in our building and our room was very hot on arrival. Small room air conditioner not that great. Building is dirty with dirty, smelly carpet. Very old and undermaintained.

Fairly quiet. Nice staff

I made reservations weeks in advance and requested joining rooms and they said we had it but once in the room the door wouldn't open to the other room. They said the joining room was under construction and it was left at that.

I liked the convenience of the hotel. The room was good and clean and it was great to have a free breakfast that was actually very good!

• King Room with Pool View - Smoking

Everything was great i have nothing bad to say about this place!

I liked everything and i loved the breakfast there. Way better then other hotels with no warm breakfast!

There was a roach in my bed that crawled on my husband head he killed it and showed it to the property manager she was suspose to credit me for that night because we could not stay there after that, and she did not

Not close to freeway. Facility dated, dingy. Room unclean...cock roaches. Tears in carpet, upholstery. Beds old, uncomfortable. Road and AC noise made sleeping difficult. Wifi service had no security--multiple viruses immediately loaded but sequestered on laptops, made wifi service unusable. Could not leave property soon enough.

• King Room - Smoking

Need to add more smoking rooms/suites with spa tubs

Clean room, friendly staff, excellent complimentary breakfast buffett unfortunately you can't go grab your breakfast and take up to your room. I was told I must eat in restaurant which mentioned that I had to leave my pet in the room alone.

• King Room with Pool View - Smoking

The card keys didn't work right all the time. The key might get you in gate but not in your room, then it would work. I had 2 keys just for me that way if one didn't work the other did

Close to everything. Shopping. Restaurants and fast food.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Some workers that stayed there were using foul language in there discusions that others near by could hear. Also the check in counter did not have enough people to assist .

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

• King Room - Smoking

We found roaches in our bathroom. Too late at night to switch rooms. Staff apologetic and discounted room. Also, the first floor of the B bldg (our bldg) smelled -- staleness and maybe mustiness being covered up by strong air freshener. Carried into our room -- yuck. Ok on second floor; didn't go to third.

Good breakfast, nice pool, terrific staff, good location.

That the carpeting in the room was shampooed but carpet was wet for a couple of days, twice. Key cards to the room and entrance gates/doors were faulty. Numerous times had to have the key cards re-keyed.

Breakfast always delicious. Loved your new item,the chilaquiles. Housekeeping always excellent.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Door key not works well. ( it might be the problem of door itself. so I asked two times assistance by phone to open room door) I waited about 20 minutes to check my reservation due to my reservation is not the direct reservation.

It is hard to get parking sometimes.

The staff is exceptional. I worried about the parking because I wanted close to the building. I got in early each night and had no problem.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

This hotel is in a high-crime area. We were told not to walk around at night. Also, there was a shooting at the hotel on the evening of our arrival.

The staff was very friendly. Also, the complimentary breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

• King Room - Smoking

I didn't like that I was charged an added deposit and wasn't informed of it. What really upset me is that I go to use my Credit Crd and there is no money . Still have yet to have deposit reverse to my card and if I didn't follow up with my money I would of never new about it. So can someone inform desk to refund my money please....

I always enjoy the rest me and my husband get.

When I'm paying for a room and the managers allow a huge refrigerator van to be left running all night just outside my window I feel they owe me half the price for the room. We are not in the habit of sharing our room with a truck. Sleep was a bit difficult to say the least.

Nice grounds and pool area

we are not young, the elevator was not working. and in fact, in looked as if it had not been working in quite awhile, we had to walk up two and three floors with luggage and golf clubs....had we known this, we would have made other arrangements. thankfully the hotel was clean, and the people friendly, the lobby, lounge and breakfast area was a stripped down version of the very nicely decorated welcoming photos on your website. example, empty bookcases, minimum amount of furniture, no carpeting or bench seating as shown in the breakfast area photos. i was shocked at first, thinking i was in the wrong place, thankfully the people were very kind and the food was very good.

the people were nice, the food was good.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

• Queen Room with Roll-in Shower

I found several deep, through the paint scratches on my car.... down the driver's side...There had been several pick trucks parked where I was told to park, and the workers who returned after their shifts were "construction" types. That in itself is not a problem, but maybe they had something heavy they put on top of my hood which left scratches as they slid it along, then battered the side along, in front, and after the driver's door. I did not notify the hotel, as I did not think they could do anything about it.

Extremely pleasant workers at all positions

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

the check in has been streamlined to amazing!!! Fast and efficient. Nice finish to a long day of driving. Very friendly staff, great room. We'll be back.

the shared parking with the grocery store is awkward. there was a dog barking from approximately 9-10am and the hotel is under going construction.

breakfast was great and hot. the room was clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Pool View

The carpet needs to be replaced or cleaned better

The staff is wonderful, Thomas is awesome, he made sure we had the room we requested with no issues. We will stay there again and recommend family and friends.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Pool View

There was a lot of marijuana smell throughout the whole facility and we had children with us. even the pool area you can smell it coming from someone's balcony. The outlets in the rooms wouldn't keep the device plugged in they kept falling out.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Pool View

Breakfast was good, minus the hair in my eggs. The carpet in the room was filthy. My daughters feet were black.i made her wear her flip flops in the room. The pool was murky, we didn't even go in it. Location is a little sketchy. Clientele sketchy. Some staff sketchy as well. This place looks way better in pics. The lobby remodel is nice, but the rest of the property needs a major overhaul. Our friends room toilet exploded and they had raw sewage all over in their bathroom!

The front desk staff were nice.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Pool View

The staff was rude, disrespectful, and under staffed. I had to wait several hours for my room and the rooms smelled. The Jacuzzi was dirty and my refrigerator was broken

I liked the bar

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

The staff was exceptional. They were all so helpful and nice. The breakfast was really good and the dining room immaculate. I was worried about traveling alone and coming in late to this facility. They have security and I felt safe coming into the building at night. I stayed at another location in November and it was awful. I knew I would never stay at the EconoLodge again. This facility is probably the safest in Stockton. It was so very clean. You had to use the key card to get into the building and then into your room. The rooms did not have exterior doors which I really liked. I go to Stockton about every three months to see my Mom so I will definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

• King Room with Pool View - Non-Smoking

Found a cockroach crawling in the hallway! Very dusty do to construction. Needs a facelift - paint job, deep cleaning etc.

Breakfast was great. Quiet facility.

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

Noisy neighbors on one night of stay. Didn't like going out in the rain to get to the breakfast area.

Breakfasts were good. The food was hot and there was a nice selection. Our room was clean but overall the facilities needed some updating.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

• King Room - Smoking

Read above i put all together, hot water please

My husband and I walk over to have some peace and quiet from our home children and grandchildren also live with us, We love that you are so close but this last stay we had I wanted a hot bath I got lukewarm water. Big let down. Our beds had no comforters again big let down the pillows are nothing but air, now the staff and the place itself I love. Lots of traffic and noise but I wasn't bothered through the night. We will come back most likely to relax but please give me hot water.

We were initially given a room where two beds were pushed together to make a king sized bed. It was uncomfortable and unacceptable. We were packing and changing rooms at midnight . There was no compensation given for the inconvenience

Very good sized room

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

When we got there the air condition unit was leaking water and had the floor pretty soaked but they came and put a whole new unit in. There was no problems then

It was worth the money and the free breakfast was really good.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

I didn't like the fact that we can't access the dinning room or front desk from your room. All the rooms are in 3 buildings A B&C which is located outside the main building that means you have to go outside to go to the dinning room and it has been very chilly in the morning. The heater in the room is extremely noisy.

We enjoyed the hot and cold breakfast. Lots of choices. The staff are very pleasant and friendly. The room is clean and the bed is comfortable..

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

Had to change rooms 3 times within a 24 hour period. First room had the bathroom door to fall off of the hinges. Second room had bed bugs. Got several bites.

Staff was very friendly.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

our room was not cleaned one day and the bed we had was to hard. and requested to have extra pillows and that was not provided.....asked for connecting rooms and that was not done...two king rooms do not connect....my daughter was up 4 doors down......booked months in advance to bad the hotel can not get it right....

location was the best for us.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Rooms were clean although needing a refurbishment. The hallways were shabby, old dirty carpet etc. The location was not great, somewhat rundown, empty buildings etc.

Very good breakfast and the staff was polite and professional.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

I was well pleased with everything. i have no complaints.

Loved everything, food was great and there was plenty for everyone. Staff was very helpful. The hotel was very clean inside and out. The location was also very convenient.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

The hot tub water looked a bit murky and the jets were not working.

The breakfast is great. I also like the relatively firm beds. The happy hour beverage and snacks worked nicely for me.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

Overpriced for area (City). Key card to bldg never worked, had to knock to have someone open door. It worked for room.

Close to the event I was attending. Near mall, restaurants, gas station, and financial institutions.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• King Room with Pool View - Non-Smoking

Only provided two bath towels for three occupants. No roll away beds available No rental movies. Drink vending machine next to our room didn't work Difficult key card system to open doors. Security present on one occasion in evening but not apparent during our stay. Wifi connection inconsistent

Cleaning staff attentive to request for extra blanket and sheets. Since we booked late, we had to get a king bed but there was two of us and junior high kid so slept on lounge chair and floor. Kind staff at front and during breakfast also We had large nice balcony. Appreciated having fridge and microwave. Wish we had some tv guide Breakfast was nice and my daughter enjoyed the waffles. Appreciated restaurant list. Appreciated complimentary coffee in lobby and wine.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• King Room with Pool View - Non-Smoking

Rooms were very clean and comfortable but the hallways were rather uninviting/run down and a little smelly. Rooms were a little dark. I arrived at night and it was challenging to get the room illuminated enough.

Staff was courteous, informative helpful and very friendly. Eggs, awesome potatoes, cereal, juice and fresh fruit for breakfast were much appreciated! Bedroom was nicely laid out, and roomy. The bed was comfortable. Refrigerator and microwave included.