Reviews of Ramada by Wyndham San Antonio/Near SeaWorld 2 stars

7043 Culebra Road, San Antonio, TX 78238, USA

#198 of 301 hotels in San Antonio

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Some vehicles parked along the side of the fence made it difficult to park own vehicle.

Pleasant 7 day stay. Very clean rooms with comfy beds . All staff were so pleasant and helpful. The pool area was cleaned daily. Many attractions, restaurants and shopping centers are close by as well.

Fact that i had to shower my kids with cold water since the building didn’t have any hot water, i say this because not only my room had problem also people in other rooms complained

Hotel had no hot running water and a/c not cool en ought

The overall upkeep of the property.

The hotel was close to the event we were attending. The staff was helpful, but the hotel overall could use some TLC.

The hotel it self was comfy and quick to Lackland. However, when I would walk on the floor my feet would be black from dirt... there was also some sticky substance on the floor to the bathroom and on the door. I actually grabbed a disaffecting wipe to scrub some of the gross brown stuff from inside the bathroom door so my body wouldn’t touch it. Beds are supper comfy, though. Oh and the pool was clean.

The bed was a little hard and you could see the sun light around the frame of the door.

The room was clean, staff was very helpful and the pool was nice

Can not get the WiFi to work. No hot tub. The room had an odd smell.

The breakfast is the best I’ve seen at a motel and the staff are very extra helpful and friendly.

The bathrooms were filthy, the shower curtains were yellow mold and nasty stuff on the walls. It was terrible. The people staying in the surrounding rooms were loud and up all night. They kept there door slightly open so they had people in and out all night. It also made it kind of awkward when my family and I left our rooms it would seem as if they're watching.

The rooms were a nice size and they had microwaves.

The pictures showed a more up to date and polished look, was not quite what it truly is.

The motel was close and convenient to my destination, Lackland AFB.

The room smelled like dirty feet. There was lots of sketchy people, one room with lots of people, door open people coming and going some cop with an obvious hooker stopped for a quickie, but we didn't die and our vehicles weren't vandalized.

Michael was super helpful

The front office guy at night was very rude . Our room key didn’t want to work so we had to wait for 30 minuets outside because he wouldn’t come help us .

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

The overall room experience was bad!!! Room was very nasty walls carpet bedding was not up to our standards. I’m so sorry but I’m bringing my family in from Dallas for the first time to enjoy a weekend at SeaWorld and the first place we go to relax is the room and it’s a smoking room that’s needed to be sanitized. The fridge didn’t work and caused us to loose the baby’s milk and our fridge required foods. The carpet was a mess full of stains and smelled.

I like the fact that I was able to provide a roof over my family and I heads for the weekend but it was a disaster for a first experience. They did offered free breakfast for guest that we didnt try but had to say it smelled good!

Rooms were outdated and not clean looking. It was right across from a fire station and companies were sliding fliers through the TOP of our door. You could see day light through the doors. There are closer locations to Sea World.

Staff was welcoming. It was about eight miles to Sea World, which was nice.

The hotel was overpriced and old. The bedding was thin and the bathroom was extremely small, dirty, equipment rusty, the toilet had rust or urine stains on the back wall near the floor. I tried changing room but according to management they were booked. I am not sure if I will use your service again because this place is terrible.

nothing...awful!!!!!!

Update the whole facility carpet need to come off the floor fresh paint some inviting colors new beds and better comforter and sheets

The hotel was very old but clean the Ramada San Antonio needs to be updated to fit the modern world..back in the day it was a very good hotel

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Bed was not as comfortable as one would hope. Lighting could have been better.

The staff were all polite and professional and helpful. The location was not ideal for us as we did not have a car. It was a last minute booking due to a cancelled flight. Facilities were ok - breakfast area wasn't kept up; however, it was very crowded and staff could have been overwhelmed.

It's an extremely OLD facility and had a very OLD smell; should be a 1/3 ($85) of what I paid for it. Michael was pleasant but way too much money for our stay

Accessible to quick eateries

kinda dark and dreary, TV was not good, it sat too low to watch in bed, not a good satellite signal nor did it tell us what we were watching...no guide, or at least tell me the channels I'm watching, room was OK, but could have been cleaner, details weren't clean like, I had to take a Clorox wipe to little things that were dirty like light switches and door knobs etc, carpet and tile had dirt in the corners, other than that, breakfast was nice and hot, location was OK, except for the highway construction that was going on...

Bathroom was dated and could have been cleaner. Would have loved to have bananas at breakfast.

For the price and what we were in San Antonio for everything was good. Location was great. The staff was very nice.

Everything was great to include the staff which provided fantastic service with a smile and being very professional in the performance of their duties. I have stayed at the Ramada Inn/Sea World several times and have received the same type of treatment (friendly attitude and service) every time (especially by Michael and Allan).

Breakfast was OK only Bread/butter/juice/coffee. Room was also not good.

Ok stay with the property... I was expecting something else with Ramada.. Good thing is they allowed check-in before 4 hours of timing.

Breakfast was exactly as it should be . The staff at the front desk was friendly , helpful and articulate. The location is perfect right off 410 . Downtown or sea-world in 10 minutes . WIFI works extremely well

• King Room - Smoking

Didn't feel save at this location asked for a non smoking room and got smoking. Entry door looked like it was forced open didn't feel safe will never book at this location again.

Nothing impressed me to like my stay at this hotel.

• King Room - Smoking

I got a smoking room and didn't like the smell in the room. It was a bit noisy because of the proximity to a large road, but that was bearable.

Large room, the bed was comfortable, and it was a cheap option (even for this area)

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Room 114 needs updating. Paint chipping. Shower curtain torn and old. Breakfast has only 5 items to chose from. Parking is scarce when the property is full.

This hotel is 7-10 minutes from the Lackland Air Force Base. They offer breakfast daily, but it's not free. Staff is friendly!

I didn't like that the refrigerator was hot when we arrived. I didn't like how we left the hotel room for the day and returned back late at night to see our room wide open just waiting for someone to go in there to steal out stuff, fortunately, we carried most of our belongings while we were out.

The room was nice and clean.

The mattress was hard and not comfortable. Many bugs entered the room and bit my wife a lot. Im not sure if the water was hard but our akin was itchy.

The front desk person was nice. Waffles were Texas shaped and that was cool for the continental breakfast.

Well, the constant smell of weed ,the beds are uncomfortable, the mat in the shower and the shower curtain could have been thrown away, the restroom is really small.I believe you could find a better hotel to at. If you're going to sea world there are hotels a lot closer than this one.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Drug activity observed upon checking in. Staff tried to hide the fact that our property that was left in the room wasn't found until further pressed about the subject and then miraculously it was located.

Overall terribly disappointed!!

Smells like cigarette smoke. Bathrooms too small. Room was meant to be two queen beds but was only full size. Hotel has no queen beds

Next door to Bill Miller's BBQ

In the breakfast bar I wish there had been sausage or bacon. It was bread and muffins.

The staff was excellent. Within 1 hr of being there my son had locked both keys in the room. They did not have a problem opening the door for us.

Housekeeping needs help here. While the bathroom was clean, the floor had quite a bit of obvious debris that needed vacuuming (cheetos I think) and tons of dust buildup was everywhere. The trays near the sink for the coffee station were very dirty. The chairs by the window had more crumbs than a toaster tray. The sink outside of the bathroom had some weird soap build up that I ended up cleaning out. But the topper for me - I asked that the beds be redone (I made it easy by removing the parts that needed it) and they simply made that bed incomplete of the entire bottom half of the linen set. So we came back to one bed with no mattress cover or fitted sheet. Pull back the covers and we had a bare mattress. The other bed was made without straightening anything but the top sheet. I had to get the front desk to hunt down the linens and bring it to me so I could remake the one bed and I ended up remaking them both.

Michael was super friendly and hospitable. The rest of the front desk staff were nice.

The air conditioner did not cool the room down and the bed were super uncomfortable i could not sleep also the sheets had stands on them so they did not look like they were clean sheets.

Everything was dingy. The floors were dirty. The shower looked like it needed cleaned. There was mold inside the door stop in the bathroom.

The pillows were good.

Parking

Very nice for the price of room. Very good location for our stay. Close to many stores, restaurants. Rooms were fairly clean, no odors in room.

The breakfast didn't not have any type of meat. Plenty of bread and eggs ,and pasties . The Apples were old and very soft.

It was a very good location to were I had to go.

Old location. Think Married with children (the show) that's the room style. Bed was hard I think the floor would've been better. Pillows suck and the remote to the tv had tape 😐

Ok staff

Very comfortable beds. Clean room. Everything we needed was right there very satisfied with our stay there. Good variety of foods for breakfast. Reasonably priced rooms

The staff were not helpful at all. I could not connect to the WiFi and I receive no help at all. I needed to wash clothes and the washers were full of clothes when not in use customer representative say their was nothing he could do. I used to work at Holiday Inn and when this would happen I would offer them the housekeeping laundry. But I didn't get any help at all. But I gotta say the room was clean.

• King Room - Smoking

location with construction next to parking lot and fire hall across the street. Breakfast povided was not real great.

inexpensive, lots of food near by

Very noisey wish I would have know all the construction and the fire department right there. Also the bathrooms is in need of repairing . If they would maybe just add noise reduction curtains would help

Location to Seaworld

Room smelled like used gym socks, bathroom had water damage to drywall and layers of paint to "fix it". Faucet in sink was just sitting in its holes. Fresh towels were constantly not dried fully, main door frame to room looked like it was kicked in more than once and was barely secure. It's across the street from police and fire stations so be ready to be woke up throughout the night. The pool was green half the trip but they claimed it was "safe" to swim. This facility was literally the worst Ramada I have ever stayed in. Didn't have much of a choice considering it was a airforce graduation weekend and base facilities were unavailable.

Only good things was it was closeish to lackland and staff was helpful.

Booking messed up our reservations and my son had to get a room about a mile away from where we stayed. We were also not informed of a $20.00 cash deposit for being from out of town per room. Normally people who stay in a hotel are traveling.

Clean and friendly staff

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

The room had dirty carpet, roaches, and ants kept coming out of the sink. Ugh, the bathtub had a dirt stained non-skid mat in it. We tried removing it, but it was glued to the tub. The tub was also stopped up and would fill up with water when used. We had to have maintenance unclog the tub for us. We also had to go purchase shower shoes to feel comfortable showering and walking around the room. We purchased a case of drinking water to brush our teeth and rinse our toothbrushes because we didn't feel comfortable using the water from the faucet. If you stay here do not stay on the side facing the Wendy's restaurant and FD/PD buildings. Each night all night long we heard FD/PD sirens screaming by. It got so bad the wife and I made bets each night about how many times a siren would go by.

The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

My linen were not washed. Breakfast was not a hot breakfast it was complimentary. Microwave eggs and waffles not really hot breakfast. We had to eat at nearby Denny's.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

The room was disgusting. Horrible smell, dried phlegm on the wall and by the bathroom sink. Molding around the AC and left behind hair in the bathroom tub.

The breakfast area really isn't adequate for the size of the hotel. We hit a crunch on Sunday morning, and it was as crowded as I have seen for a hotel breakfast area. We gave up and headed out rather than add to the scrum. An easier thing to remedy would be to have salsa for the eggs. Of all places, San Antonio should have salsa!

good location, close to relatives and Tejano Conjunto festival

It's an older hotel that all the main doors for the rooms are outside instead of inside through main corridor.

Didn't have time to eat breakfast but overall the room was fairly clean,enough clean towels for the family and the room condition was decent.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

• King Room - Smoking

The only two things I don't care for is the gapping in the door jam & the lack of ability to take a bath for whatever is going on (not a plumber).

I had a need for an extension and the manager made it happen and reasonable considering the last minute need and location. The front desk staff Michael and Allen are very upbeat & cordial. The ladies for housekeeping were very much happy to know I'd need very little for our week long stay. Quiet & first floor.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

• King Room - Smoking

i didnt like the staff very rude and didnt talk much. could and didnt answer any questions we had

i like location and quiet it was very quiet. they did have smoking rooms

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

That we were told that our rooms were ready but it would cost us to get in there an hour early. We flew in for a military graduation so we essentially had to sit in the rental car til check in time. Poor customer service.

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The carpet in our room was wet and made the room smell musty. We didn't realise the carpet was wet until we came back from dinner and were getting ready to go for a shower, when i stood on the carpet barefooted. To tired by then to go and complain, but buy the morning the room smelt awful. (Like cat pee). When we told them in the morning they apologised profusely and said the would have changed our room.

The staff were very pleasant. The room was spacious. The breakfast was good and the laundry very good value.

We extended our reservations and were told that night we could stay in the same rooms. That morning we all had to check out and change to handicap rooms.

The room was clean and odor free. The bed was comfortable and the pillows were not flat. the pool area was clean and usable.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

The eggs need to be kept warm. By the time my family was going to eat the eggs were cold and the biscuits were soggy. Need to add a toaster where the bagels can be toasted to small

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

Our room in the non-smoking section had people standing outside underneath our room smoking. There were people sitting on the stairs smoking and hindering traffic. Bathroom was extra small.

Location was good were it not for the road construction in the area. I liked the bed along with breakfast. We enjoyed the stay and would choose the hotel again..

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

• King Room - Smoking

Different coffee creamer most places only hve one kind , I really like different ones.

I asked for extra pillows n towels they brought them to me within minutes. They even helped me with my late check in n my late check out.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

There isn't anything I do not like.

Been staying at that hotel for 5 years now. Everytime I stay I am made to feel welcome and as if I am family. Their hospitality is awesome. I would recommend it to anyone.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

Wifi wasn't too great but was there for use. Staff was absolutely great from time reserved room until checked in.

Rooms were comfortable. I got a smoking room because there were no non-smoking. Wasn't a bad choice. Room was clean, bed was comfy. Big TV in room was a plus.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Location in reference to downtown San Antonio. With having to take Lyft everywhere I went it made me go broke over 5 days.

First off, Michael at the front desk is wonderful. He was the first impression I had of the Ramada and he made it wonderful. Through out my stay he was helpful and informative. The room itself was clean and the bed was incredibly comfortable. I slept like a husband (because saying like a baby would mean I was up and down through out the night), my head hit my soft pillows and it was off to snoring I went. Location made taking a Lyft to San Antonio an expensive task over the course of 4 days, but that's the only bad I can come up with. Everything else was way above my expectations.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

When we opened our bed the first night we found 'stains' on the fitted sheet. Looked like seman stains. Asked for different sheets and was accommodated. Remade the bed. The shower/tub drained very slowly, making us stand in dirty, soapy water. The inside of the bathroom door was dirty, inside the front door was dirty, there were stains of something on the microwave/fridge stand. Looked like something was spilled and never wiped down. One day we would have wash clothes, the next not. The air conditioner worked, but the controls were loose in the unit. Questionable if it would work at all. Not a great experience.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

Fire station across the street sirens in middle of night several times and Wendy's right in front if room could hear the drive thru intercom when people are ordering. Other than that good place and good location

Plenty of restaurants and shopping centers very close

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

Invest more in the facilities.

Intwrnet connection was so slow that I had to go somewhere else. Cleanlinessof the whole place was not up to par. Staff was courteous. Breakfat was limites no ham or bacon. Just waffle and egg pancake....

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

The Wi-Fi was kind of crappy I just kept cutting in and out and if you're tall the showerhead was a little low

I loved how the staff wanted to educate you about the area and how nice they were

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

I did not like the fact that my money was not taken out of my card correctly. Instead it took out the hotel but not the deposit. And on there end it took out the deposit but not hotel. So now I am waiting to make sure my money goes back in my card because I had to pull cash out to pay the rest in order to stay.

I liked how friendly and curtious the staff was when I first walked in.

If I had to ask for something I'd like for the main comforters on the beds to be updated. They seemed a little dated and the color was not attractive (olive green).

The staff was very nice. The breakfast was easy and fast, wish it was not over so early. I think breakfast should at least be held until 10:00 am.

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

The WIFI kept dropping had to keep re-logging into it... The cable did not get AMC the Walking Dead in the room/s myself and 2 more guests had to watch the Walking Dead in the lobby... The cable was terrible I stead in $35.00 motels/hotels that had a lot better cable and channel selections...

The location to food, stores and freeway/highway...

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

Someone knocked the door with no identification or notice. Apparently from the hotel's staff, but I didn't trust the guy. Also the shower's water seemed to have chlorine, which turned my wife's hair greenish (dyed blonde)

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

Noisy neighbors and staff came knocking at out door prior to check out time

Staff were courteous and nice... Room was very clean and had no trouble placing reservations.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

• King Room - Smoking

1. Many of the lights in our room did not work! 2. at check-out, they charged us an "Optional Fee" for each night. Asking what it was for, the clerk explained it was for all the extra security and breakfast options. Unfortunately, we observed neither. Pretty shady business practice!

Both maids we met were hard working and extremely courteous. Very impressive.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

• King Room - Smoking

Room was dirty and somewhat unsafe. Table was dirty when I checked in and after housekeeping came in the following day, it was still dirty when I returned.

Good location and friendly staff

• King Room - Smoking

Breakfast needed some kind of meat (beacon, sausage, ham etc.) Smoking rooms need some kind of smoke smell treatments...sprays, carpet powders etc.

Quiet and cozy. Clean and friendly. Close to many restruants

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

We went to see my son graduate. The location was perfect, it was literally 5 min from base. Wendy's, McDonalds, BBQ place all walking distance. Plenty of parking, except for no meat searched with breakfast, there was plenty. Mall, movies, K1 race track all within 2 miles give or take. We all had fun, with my sons Town Liberty pass, we were able to do everything he wanted and still make it back on time. Will definitely stay again. Thank you.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

The room l wanted or at least an elevator so l didnt have to find another hotel at midnight.

I liked that l booked a room witha roll in shower for my handicapped mother but when l got there they gave my room away.

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

The room was dirty and dusty. I called the first night stay around 9 and asked for toilet paper. I was told to come to the desk and pick it up. I called the front desk the second night for face towels and was told the hotel was not a full staff hotel and he would look to see if they have any towels left. There was a bug in the wash area and the free breakfast was horrible.

The ice machine worked. That's all.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

Had to slam the door to lock it , charged my credit card even after we called and told them we were paying cash. Sheets were stained and hair was in the bed and the shower towels were also stained . The MOTEL was outdated and in need of renovation and also had a very small parking lot. Very noisy location do to being on the interstate and a fire station next door

Wendy's was next door

• Reviewed: 22 July 2016

If you're used to pretty hotels then this is not the right place for you. I have stayed in other hotels for the same price as this one and they were nicer. If you only need a place to stay and you're looking for cheap prices then I would say is "ok", but other than that I wouldn't recommend it. Few options for breakfast.

The beds are comfortable. Hot shower.