Reviews of Howard Johnson by Wyndham Phoenix Airport/Downtown Area 2 stars

#126 of 133 hotels in Phoenix

6.0

5.9

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Don't do it. These people have no pride in their business.

The place was absolutely disgusting! The photos from the website are misleading. Everything in the room was filthy. The bathroom hasn't been remodeled since the sixties and wasn't clean. The carpet was filthy and stunk. The floor was rotted and it felt like you were going to fall through. I travel all the time and this was the worst place I've ever stayed in.

Absolutely Nothing!

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Had to really scrub down and sanitize myself completely after i got home, scary.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Couldn't work upon my arrival because their Wi-Fi was out, waited for over 10 minutes to check in because nobody was at the front desk, air conditioner extremely loud, had to figure how to stop the toilet from running and shower drain was terrible. Will never return to this hotel.

The area was quite and fairly close to gas station.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

House keeping worked hard but didn’t seem to have much to work with. There was no maintenance staff
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bathtub didn’t drain Sink clogged and was full of brown smelly water and feathers ( I have pictures) Carpet was stained and smelled like urine WiFi would not stay connected There was a group of twenty partying until 4am

One cleaning lady was very cool and honest
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Misrepresented the property Paid cash asked for a refund within an hour Stole my money Disgusting low budget ripoff

One cleaning lady was very cool and honest

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Bed was comfy, bathroom was clean, nice and spacious room.

There were quite many weird people staying in the motel, sometimes we didn't even dare to leave to room, drunk neighbours shouting outside the room. Breakfast was the poorest I've even seen.

Bed was comfy, bathroom was clean, nice and spacious room.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

It was a good get away for the price and length of time I stayed.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was definitely Continental. You can cook your own mini waffles in the morning. There is hot coffee and Juice. The same store bought mini lemon cakes and mini cinnamon buns are offered daily. I thought there would be a little more.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Do not reccomend

Not a great location. This hotel attracts the wrong kind of people. Didn’t feel safe walking outside my room at night. We were booked to stay another day and front desk told us we had to check out and couldn’t give us a good reason as to why. Honestly, I’m glad it happened because we came to the Howard Johnson in old town Scottsdale and it’s a thousand times better in every aspect!!! The staff at the Van Buren location are rude other than the younger guy who works mostly nights, he was the only exception to this horrible experience!

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Worst hotel stay ever
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There was a leak from the ceiling and it down poured hard and there was my brand new purse with my clothes you betcha soaked they did NOTHING to accommodate me. I am horrified that they went to put me in another room and boom another leak in the ceiling. Then the next room was small smelled of mildew and disgusting. They are the worst with customer service.

Good enough I guess.

Pool was gross! Haven't been cleaned in a LONG time. Booking.com said free 14 day parking with upgraded room. They still charged me to park.

Room was ok for the $$

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

1st visit at a Howard Johnson

There was no hot breakfast as advertised on the website. Water pressure was very low and took me more than 5 minutes to rinse out my shampoo.

Bed was amazingly comfortable and the outside sounds did not disrupt our sleep.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

nothing.
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

They gave our reservation room away. We ended up with a room that has a a.c but it was cooling down the room. A middle wall kept the ac from reaching the beds. The water was hot. Even when put on cold. Towels were dirty

nothing. Bad experience for us here. Maybe someone had it better

Overall, it was good.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I did not like the location. This was my first time in Phoenix so the location, for me, did not have anything for me 2C and no nearby public transportation.

The staff and room

Spacious
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

When I arrived the person didn’t greet me he was on his phone and he didn’t even talk to me just handed me my room key and said here u go... breakfast was too early... and when I left I saw a Cockaroach

Spacious

Everything from when we arrived till we left.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Everything from when we arrived till we left. The had to move rooms 3times do to wet stinking carpets. The rooms are out dated. The wafels was terrible. we wanted to swim in the morning out key didn't want to open the pool gate. Go to front desk the lady doesn't know how to open the gate. So we ended up not swimming. The had to reactivate our card key like 5 times. Just bad bad bad all over. The staff is not friendly and don't know what's going on.

4th of July retreat
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The beds were the old metal springs. Hurt my hips. Also only one smoking section way in the back of the property. They also charge a $15 deposit with out telling you unless you question why the chargers are higher than invoice. My guy had to fix the plumbing to the toilet (he's a plumber by trade) so it would work properly. Some people may not like the vintage putter look of the place.

You can tell the motel went though an over haul. Even the carpets were cleaned didn't leave socks black. New mattresses with shipping tags still attached. No mold in the shower caulking at all. Ladies come and tidy room up ever day and change sheets regardless if checking out or not. Like having a mini fridge and microwave available in the rooms. Nice wide walkways with solid flooring so you don't hear anyone walking. Property has it's vitage fell on the outside very updated inside. Breakfast was the typical small pastries, cereals and walfel maker with juice. Snack foods available for purchase in cases instead of vending machines. Lobby is 24 hrs & Has a shuttle to the airport for those who need it day or night. Overall great little place to lay your head at night and to take a shower.

It was worth the money I paid! I would do it again.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I’m my opinion Breakfast should extend up until 10! It can get a bit too noisy around 4-5 am but it’s understandable because the airport shuttle services that is offered people have to be up early to head out and catch their flight!

The staff was helpful! The room and location was good too. Breakfast and coffee are served.

The wifi was excellent.

Just had some confusion during my check in.

The wifi was excellent. Breakfast started as early as 4am. The front desk stafff were all friendly and helpful.

Great stay by the Airport!

The bed was huge!! The room was spotlessly clean. We will be very likely to stay there when flying out of Phoenix! I was very surprised at how quiet it was, being so close to the airport. The complimentary shuttle had us at Sky harbor in plenty of time. The driver was charming, helpful and very nice.

Uncomfortable, had to leave.

All the rooms where without AC. Considering the heat in Phoenix, the rooms were even hotter than the outside. Changed rooms 3 times, and all were without AC. Had to leave to another hotel.

I've stayed before and never once I had to deal with the...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The morning front desk lady. She had diminished my soul and day. Making me feel like a poor homeless person who need to not stay here.

I've stayed before and never once I had to deal with the lady in the morning

The one guy that work late night is nice and a good guy.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The other guy that works before the over night guy and how my tub never drain water out from yesterday’s shower.

The one guy that work late night is nice and a good guy.

I THOUGHT IT WAS GOING TO BE BETTER, WHAT A BUST.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

BREAKFAST ENDS AT 9 AM AND I WAS STILL EATING MY BREAKFAST WHEN I WAS TOLD I HAD TO LEAVE THE ROOM SINCE BREAKFAST WAS CLOSED ALREADY.

ROOM WAS VERY SMELLY. I WAS NOT ALLOWED TO GET ICE FOR MY ICE CHEST. I WAS NOT ALLOWED TO TAKE BREAKFAST TO MY FAMILY TO OUR ROOM. I ASKED FOR AN EXTRA BLANKET ON THE FIRST DAY AND WAS DENIED ONE. I ASKED THE 2ND DAY AND FINALLY WAS GIVEN ONE. I GUESS IT DEPENDS ON WHO IS AT THE FRONT DESK.

Clean, Big Fluffy Bed, Staff Confusing, Disregard for Professionalism

The front desk manager was very hard to understand. Check-in took a very long time. Once we tried to go to our rooms, the cleaner was still there. Also, when we came back to our room, the carpet cleaners had moved all of my dads rooms furniture and was beginning to clean. What a mess!

Clean, safe, big beds, pool.

I couldn't wait to fall asleep so I could get up take a shower and leave.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The smell, the way it seemed to be run down, the bugs on the bed, flea bites on my legs, the breakfast room was a mess and the front desk person said he could not clean it because he had no access to the cleaning closet...Whaaatttt?

Bathroom clean, Bed was comfortable and motel was close to the airport.

It was a pleasant stay & again the desk mgr.Andy helped make that stay a good one.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

What I liked in particular was the desk mgr.named Andy he was extremely helpful & extremely pleasant .I have stayed here several times & will continue if the company continues to employ people like him...Thanx to Andy ...

See above.

The breakfast was awfull. Waffel maker burned food while inside was raw. Staff tried to fix. Could not. Juice machine broken. No yogert no bananas no bagels. Basic morning food even at subpar place would have been better.

Good for a night's rest!

The breakfast was terrible. The coffee was cold the fruit was rotten and the waffle iron didn't work.

The beds were really comfy. Not a bad place for a night.

They did not give the wake up call.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

They did not give the wake up call. I checked in for an early morning flight and ordered a 3:00am wake up call. After carrying bags to room finding window wide open and room at 90° plus I returned to front counter and confirmed 3:00am wake up call. It never came and barely caught my flight thanks to unusually short security line. I had planned on leaving my vehicle for my quick business trip though I payed for parking their lot was very poor and luckily I opted to move back to hotel parking thus my vehicle was handy for my mad dash to the airport. Thus I arrived at my meeting location unshowered in yesterday's clothes.

Perfect for quick business trip with overnight layover, close to the airport, good value for the pri
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Saw a couple of roaches in the room; not a huge deal to me but I know that would be a major turn off for many people. Wish there was a lift/elevator (or that my room was on the 1st floor) as it was very difficult to get my very large suitcase of the stairs to my 2nd floor room. The designated smoking area was extremely messy (seemed it had become kind of a storage area for excess furniture, etc.) which was a little disheartening. Overall, though, for my specific needs on this trip, none of this was a deal breaker.

Perfect if you have an overnight layover and need to be close to the airport. Staff was very friendly and helpful and shuttle was great. Not the fanciest hotel, not a lot to do around the hotel, but all I needed was a comfortable bed and easy access to the shuttle; it was a bonus when the staff member, Scott, helped me order some food for delivery from a local restaurant; I was starving without a rental car and there was nothing close by; he made sure I got some food in my belly before I turned in for the night.

Roach infested !
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

This hotel was a bug infested pit! I would NEVER stay here again or refer it .I had cockroaches in the room!I called to let the front desk know they moved me but I didn't get any sleep thinking this room also had roaches! Then booking .com tried to get me reimbursed they refused! Plus they charged me an additional $77.00 BY ACCIDENT! Not cool! You should at least take responsibility for your hotel and credit back the cost of the room!

Lesson learnt. Read reviews.

Phone calls were more important than checking us in. Our credit/debit cards were declined. Finally did as requested amd swiped them and was accepted. First room we were offered was not ready and was filthy changed us to a slightly better room. Breakfast was the most basic we had on our trip. Would not rebook here.

Close to airport.

Not pleasant.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The carpet was nasty and dirty . Place was old and smelly. Something had me sneezing all night. Toilet had dark brown stains in bowel. Not pleasant stay. Won’t stay at one again

The front desk did a really poor job when we checked in on...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The front desk did a really poor job when we checked in on 03/29 midnight. First, he made a mistake to find our reservation. Then he offed a room with door widely opened. His attitude was poor.

In a pinch
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Looked like the photos on the website however, not very clean and a weird cover-up smell in the room.

the pool looked nice and the shower head was good.

if you need to catch an early flight it’s an ok place to stay for the night.

Hotel was overpriced for what it was. Door to the room had a slight gap at the bottom that allowed noise and insects inside the room. Had rowdy guest and no one would keep them quiet. Air conditioner was extremely loud and didn’t produce that much cool air.

Close to the airport and bed was comfortable.

Got outta there as fast as possible. Stayed because it was close to where I had to go the next day.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Low quality rooms, but it's Pheonix... At least it wasn't a crackhouse. Can't expect more without paying twice as much.

Close to airport with free shuttle.

Awful stay and poor service.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Not the Howard Johnson of 20 years ago. Poor quality across the board. Dirty floors, walls were ugly, staff was rude, and pluming falling apart. A true no go zone especially when they gouge you on price. 150 for what should have been condemned.

Horrible! We will never stay or tell anyone else about this hotel.

Everything! Our first experience was the night clerk smelled of body odor so bad that it was nauseating. The rooms we stayed in were even worse. The pull out bed broke while one of my employees was laying on it. The bathroom mirror was broken and the bathroom door handle was broken and wouldn't lock. Couldn't use the pool. It was green with mold. The free breakfast with pitiful at best. Waffle maker didn't work and fruit was rotten and bad. Milk for the cereal was out of date.

Nothing worst experience ever in a hotel

The small extra space that made it a “suite”.
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

I disliked Mostly everything. Staff wasn’t very welcoming, the female staff at the front desk was very rude, the room was dirty, and it was TOO EXPENSIVE, was NOT what they advertised online.

The small extra space that made it a “suite”.

I felt like paying too much

I feel like the prince I paid for my stay was too high. The reasons are; horrible staff poor communication, no information once og ever about the amenities, breakfast hours, check out time. When I checked in I felt like I came from Mars, the receptionist wasn’t welcoming at all. The “Hotell” looks horrible from the outside, it is not in a very nice neighborhood. The nice shops are a bit far, the closest shops are in a ruff neighborhood. The pool was really cold and the internet not working from my room 124. I let the receptionist know about this and the only thing he said was “ I Understand “ . The breakfast was a joke, no eggs, nothing for the bread but jelly and cream cheese, It kept running out of cups and spoons, not effort to please the guest. No body in the breakfast area, it was crowded and small. I paid $175 for this. Not happy

One thing the property had was great nice and clean room

Rate this as a fair stay

Terrible breakfast

They offered breakfast it was terrible. When came back to my room the key would not work had to walk back to the office to reactivate. When checking out the staff was unfriendly. The air conditioner never got cool.

I will never do it again, i need a refund.

hygiene of staff was unacceptable. Neither men had uniform and wrecked of Body ordir. Room i was assigned was AWFUL i cannot believe the condition, as if it was not finished with renovations. Extremely dirty/unsanitary mysterious stains and food stains on furniture, bugs crawling on bed unable to distinguish whether they were roaches, spiders or what but they were insects and there were multiple. Phone alarm fridge or microwave were not plugged up unable to contact front desk, no parking. The list goes on of how terrible this experience was.

Gross

Prayed for my safety and tried to to scratch to much.
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The bed, nasty carpet, old... The whole place just needs an uodate and new everything. Yes, that is toilet paper in the peep hole that was missing pieces - provided by previous guest... checked in at 0100 after several delays or i might have had the strength to find another place to stay.

The only thing it has is location. It was a horrible hotel... The floorplan itself was nice.

Won't go back

Motel was very old, and never updated. Carpet old and dirty, furniture old and soiled. Most light fixtures were missing or had burned out light bulbs. We wouldn't go back.

Staff was friendly and very nice.

The place was ok. The breakfast was horrible. The staff wasn't great..

At 7am there were rattling pipes that woke us up and some banging noises in the walls. It never stopped so we had to get up and leave. Which was unfortunate because we didn't arrive at the hotel till 2am.

Bed was extra comfortable rooms were old and thr was this...

Bed was extra comfortable rooms were old and thr was this really bad smell from like either old carpet or a rotten fridge ot was the worse thing ever could not sleep I had to leave window open to air out kepts fabreez by my bedside just to spray EVEry time I did get up ,but over all staff was get housekeeper r RUDE!bed was 100%

Take this off your hotels listing it’s not good for business

There was a roach in the room(have pics). There was very llittke toilet paper and no back up. It smelled like old smoke. The guy working the front looked like he hadn’t bathed in quite sometime. He was eating when we walked in and had food all over his shirt. At one point he literally took his finger wiped off some mayo off his shirt and licked it. This was a very bad experience. I informed him in the morning and he just said sorry. If our flight wasn’t so early in the morning we would have left, but we were exhausted from traveling all day and only had 4 hours to sleep.

It was fine for a night. I didn't like feeling unsafe. Poor upkeep on maintenance things

The pillows were old and lumpy. The towel bar was falling off of the wall as was the toilet paper holder. The breakfast was mediocre at best. There was some domestic issue just below my room and the police were there for several hours around 10p-12:30am. The police were there again in the morning visiting a different room. Very concerned for safety

Good location in proximity to the airport

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Everything. Throw up in toilet when we arrived plus garbage left in room. Room was filthy with flies. Breakfast was terrible! The staff was on a personal phone call the whole time during check in. Morning staff were no better. Not helpful at all. I have gone for cheaper hotels before, but this is rude staff and filthy rundown rooms.

Never again at a HoJo property.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

This hotel had to be the nastiest hotel I have ever stayed in. It surprises me that Howard Johnson would put their name on it. I'm not sure if this is their standards now but will never stay at one again.

The lady working the front desk at night is very rude and never cracked a smile. We witnessed her being very rude to the other employees as well.

How do you run out of food for breakfast?

The breakfast was only a continental breakfast. They ran out of food for breakfast on the second day. The breakfast area was very dirty and did not have all of the essentials for a breakfast.

The room was clean when we got there.

Terrible, never going again.

We went to three rooms before leaving. All of them were dirty, the carpets were not vacuumed for weeks, there were stains on the curtains, bed bugs, hairs on the sheets and there was still food that was not ours in one of the rooms. We could not even sit down to rest in this hotel.

Won't come again

Broken window with a broken lock, bathroom door didn't close right because it was patched from being kicked in, very hard to open door to room, no garbage bags, one way parking lot that has no area to turn around or room to turn around, etc....

The waffles were good after having to ask staff to turn it on and sitting there for 15 minutes waiting for it to heat up

I loved the privacy and the night staff is very welcoming

The bed bug I found on the center of my bed. I stayed there the week befor it was amazing. Not so much this week.....

I loved the privacy and the night staff is very welcoming

Manager is a lair and Rude needs customer service classes
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The manager was rude. Mean to our kids. He made us leave the property. Even thou he knew we didn't have another place to go to. And lied saying the rates were going up. And yet he allowed other people to stay on the property. And we never did anything. Just go to work and come back to the motel. And mind our business.

The front desk staff was great. The manager Was horrible and very rude to our kids

I won’t stay there anymore

This smelled, the carpet was nasty, the bathroom door was broke, the shower head had scum build up all on it, toilet was not screwed down tight so it was rock as u used the bathroom. I was just uncomfortable that this place

The staffers friendly, he tried to make me and my family comfortable. He offered us three different rooms for comfort. The cleaning staff was okay. The parking was great and the lot was clean no trash no people standing out.

THIS PLACE IS HORRIBLE!!!

When we arrived there were so many cars just parked everywhere in random spots. Staff was rude, she was sitting in lobby eating and on her phone with her children when we arrived. She was rude during th entire check in process. When we got to our room it not only smelled like cigarettes, but it was nothing like the pictures suggested. Our fridge and microwave were just sitting in the middle of the room unplugged, the nightstand was so crooked and messed up it looked like it would fall apart just putting the phone down. The couch is was extremely dirty and grubby looking. To top this all off there were people in the parking lot yelling and screaming at each other. (We didn’t get in early we didn’t check in until about 8pm) So after debating on taking the loss and going somewhere else. We finally decided to just stay the one night (leaving early for flight next morning) we laid down in bed and at about Midnight a man came banging on our door. My husband was already asleep so I had to wake him up to go to the door because the man was mumbling, either drunk or high....probably both.....demanding to be let in. After my husband yelled at him a couple time he finally went away. The bed was so uncomfortable, hard as a rock. People were in and out of their rooms slamming doors all night. We would have rather stayed further away or paid 10x more than stay here, but it was already so late we just stayed. THIS PLACE WAS AWFUL!!! I will never again book a room based on price, and pictures. The picture were extremely deceiving!!!!!!

No the best

Wasn’t no eggs, just waffles & cereal, no lemon/honey for tea, doing loud street construction early in the morning, making lots of noise, couldn’t sleep, bumped my leg on the frame of the bed that was sticking out from bed in room 223, fridge wasn’t get cold...😕😞

Staff

This hotel was a dive.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

This hotel was a dive...not good at all ....air con was noisy...there was a big black hair on the bedsheets when i went to get into bed indicating not changed from previous customer...very basic rooms...and breakfast was awful with not much options

Sufficient for an overnight stay, close to the airport.

Door to room was difficult to close properly and lock. Window was left unlocked by cleaning staff. Otherwise, very basic room for a basic price.

Shuttle service to the airport.

Stop over between flights.

This place is a hole in the wall. Horrendous smell of desinfectante in the room. On arrival at the airport the shuttle refused to take us because of my husbandn's electric scooter and he had to way for another shuttle.

The only good thing about this hotel is the location near the airport.

It was better than sleeping on a bench in the airport.

There was too much vehicular outside noise for a light sleeper.

Not much - it was mostly just about passable. One of us is vegan, and the breakfast didn't cater to her needs.

Would pay the little more to pick another place-down the block.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

This was an old strip motel that happened to have a Howard Johnson logo on it-the rooms were sorely outdated and not very clean (surface cleaned, but stains, ect)...I would expect to pay no more than $35 a night, but would also would not be surprised if they offer an 'hourly rate' at this type of establishment.

Close enough to PHX airport...

Clean, quiet rest before a early morning flight.

The night time staffer blocked the driveway when accessing from airport side entrance. Guy was nice but this seemed a bad choice to block side entrance to registration area forcing one to back a good 100 yards.

Basic clean room. Perfect for a night's sleep before a flight.

Never again will we stay at this horrible place!

Rooms were unclean, smelled of urine, carpet was disgusting!Staff was very unprofessional, morning staff member was very rude. Did not allow my granddaughter and I to even take a cup of juice out of the lobby for her but let a young man take out his bowl of cereal!

Absolutely nothing!

It was cheap but okay enough for 1 night.

It felt outdated, dirty and unprofessional. It would be such a nice hotel if they would update it and keep it clean. There were stains on the carpet, the small fridge was yellow as well as the microwave which usually happens to old white appliances, and saw one bug in the restroom.

I like the location, price was cheap, the quietness, bathroom was clean for the most part, the bed was decent and the size of the room was big.

Don't do it unless you like staying in crack house with low standards

Horrible location. It look more like a crack house it should not be called a hotel. It's a MOTEL!!!! Horrible that I had to pay for something I didn't sleep in

Nothing!!!! Location is horrible. Quality of "motel" is poor standards

I booked the room because it was close to the airport &...

I booked the room because it was close to the airport & cheap. The pictures on their web-site looked pretty good. I'm not sure how, because in person, it looks much different. It is very dirty & run down. I had never been to Phoenix, so I had no idea what the area was like, but I did not feel safe in the area at all The room wasn't necessarily dirty, it was just so old & in need of repair, that it would be impossible for the maid service to make it look nice & clean. I definitely would not recommend staying here.

Everything was great
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The only thing is the continental breakfast the manager would not.allow us to bring breakfast back to our room. Management insisted on us eating in the little dinning room.

Price of room was determining factor in why I chose hotel.

The carpet was worn, it made the room feel dirty.

The guys working the front desk were very helpful and the housekeeping ladies were very accommodating. Shuttle service was efficient.

bad experience

the room was not clean, not all staff are co-operative ,no shuttle bus in this hotel as they claimed ,how you trust anyone in this hotel ,the breakfast is very poor ,i will not recommend this hotel to my friends

i think a few , just its near location to the airport

Nice place next to college parking.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Light flips are dirty and greasy! The bed pillows are old. The bedsheets has few holes! The room was neat and clean but the decoration is outdated! Worst of all is the toilet bowl has small chip which looked alike unclean but it is chip! It needs new toilet bowl! In couch room, coffee pot on the microwave and it is top on small refrigerator. The wall has only one electric outlet with only two plugs. Not extra electric outlet. I had to unplug microwave and plugged coffepot. Insufficient electric outlets!

The iron and board are in the closet! And it had laundry bag! Howard Johnson airport is only motel having iron and board and laundry bag!

The continental breakfast
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I can't really tell or say anything negative about the property since I only arrived at 10 at night and left at 8 in the morning

The continental breakfast

Location is good for a one night stay near the airport.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Airport shuttle is tricky as it's not a private shuttle. You're looking for the "Skyharbor" shuttle and tell the driver you are going to the "Howard Johnson Downtown." Room bolt did not work - please fix!

Location is good for a one night stay near the airport. Room was good for the price.

It was a temporary stay.

The air condition had not been on and the room was extremely hot, making it quite difficult to get to sleep. I slept on the floor by the A/C unit because the heat was intolerable.

Staff was very helpful in assisting with the shuttle to the airport so I could catch my return flight.