Reviews of Ramada by Wyndham Hawthorne/LAX 1 stars

5.5

6.1

5.2

6.2

Satisfactory but for the security deposit.

No proper luggage storage service after checkout The security deposit was not cancelled at time of checkout even though the frontdesk staff assured me it was, and was billed to my credit card. Not sure when the deposit will be returned.

Free shuttle service, and close to LAX

Meh.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

We stayed 2 nights. First night was ok but for the second they did not do the room properly: We did not get more coffee, they did not clean the ice bucket, we did not get enough towels (Reservation was made for a party of 3) and so on. The TV remote did not work btw.

The room had microwave and frigobar, parking was well located.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

No wifi in the room- cheating advertisement Staff is rude. He said he is not a technician therefore he can do nothing about the wifi. No manager in charge during the evening. Not worth a penny Dont stay

Best room in the area at a great price i would recommend it to a family member or friend

Parking a little tight but I don't have any complaints

I loved the location the room was nice and clean and Denny's was right across the street

Very good budget hotel for an overnight from LAX.

Old hotel. Not too much around. The Irish pub close (turn right as you exit hotel was very good. Area a bit rough.

based on reviews was expecting the worse. Was very pleasantly surprised. Nothing accurate. No bugs. Clean room quiet (double windows.) Shuttle exceptional.

Disappointing, won’t stay again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Wifi wasn’t connecting at most times. Pool & gym not provided as promised . So we were deprived of that. We could not enjoy as a family. Microwave was not working. Even after telling reception so many times, nothing was done.

Very DISAPPOINTED never again went with the good price and got Screwed...

Slow old nasty elevators, Very loud A/C Heater it wakes you up when you're sleeping, You can see out side the door when its closed, Bathroom faucet old and nasty, Cig burns on blanket, Bathtub nasty.

Nothing I thought I was getting a good deal for the price but was not good at all. Carpet in room old wore out humps in carpet, Shower water was hot quickly, refrigerator did work good.

rude front desk
    • King Room - Smoking

they did not have my reservation when I arrived. I'm disabled and they made me first bring out my laptop to show email. still couldn't find it. then I had to call booking.com and be on hold for a long time before they could call the hotel and confirm my booking. check-in took almost half an hour and I was in so much pain, the staff was so rude it was scandalous. the room didn't have any towels and they was very reluctant giving me towels.

The hotel didn't provided me with towels, when I...

That there weren't no Towels on the room.

The hotel didn't provided me with towels, when I called to ask for towels they told me that I needed to go to pick them up because the maid was already gone, it was 7:45pm.

Used condom under the bed.

The smell of what obviously used to be a smoking room, rust in the bathtub, leaky faucet, alarm clock reset during the night, random small stains on the furniture. Oh, and the cherry on top: a used condom under the bed. This place is being ridden hard into the ground with zero upkeep.

Bed and towels were clean.

Bearable

The hotel rooms are old and need updating. The faucets drip. The beds don’t have warm comforters. The towels are hard. However seeing as this hotel was the cheapest for the weekend I was not surprised by the quality. However it was only a step up from a motel.

Disappointed

The room we stayed in look old and woren down . The carpet had really big Stains or the color of the carpet was coming of looked like bleach stain enormous stains. The couch that was in the room was dusty. There was no parking in the lot and the valet guy from the restaurant was telling us to park the n the street. I didn’t expect a place but I would of like to have stayed in a room that felt welcoming and comfortable.

The young man at front desk was help

Iwould like to have my money back

,Nothing at all Parking space Was very small The money we pay was not worth it at all

The Room need to be upgraded The TV need more channels we had to switch 2 Rome To get a decent Room The 3rd Room was a little better Iwould never stay there again

no wifi, not very clean, not worth money

the worst hotel i ever booked, definitely not worth for money the only reason i book it is the airport shuttle, and the tour group willing to send me there very creepy the lady give a room key first, then i go upstairs, i found the door is locked inside, i can only open a little see the light is on, then i close the door first and open again, i saw the light is off, it must have someone inside then a ask for room change the room is big but not very clean, the soft have dark spots, very dirty and the room did not have wifi signal at all

air shuttle

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The whole review was a lie there was no free breakfast the pool was closed I asked for a smoking room there was no ash trays the tv was old with no remote for the TV are whole stay guest service was so rude I would like a free stay

The pool and it was closed

Bathroom was disgusting. Paid to much felt like I was robbed.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room wasn’t clean, needs to be detailed. I worked as a janitor in the past and seeing a very nasty looking shower head is totally unacceptable. The drain whole in the bathroom sink is disgusting. The price I paid for the room was very overpriced and I will never stay at that Ramada again and will advise people in my circle as well. I was going to take pictures but if I did I would’ve sent copies to the Board of Health.

Horrible

Tear the place down and fire the owners and management

A catastrophe. Toilet flooded. Phone broken. Garbage in corners. Dangerous parking area unprotected. Shabby room. Old broken mattress. A disgrace to the Ramada brand

I would not stay there again.
    • Double Room with One Double Bed - Disability Access

The carpet was very dirty (large stains), as well as the bathroom and even stain towels. A homeless person was sleeping by the front desk and there was urine in the hallway of the 4th floor. I try to change the room but the next room was not much better.

Pleasant with friendly staff.

Would appreciate brighter lights along the corridor. Hotel floors look old, gyms etc looked deserted. Some renovation works would be good for long term

Room and bathrooms were clean. Good wifi connection.Friendly airport shuttle driver on my departure day. Value for money.

The driver of the shuttle was a nice man, interested and...
    • Double Room with One Double Bed - Disability Access

Lady at the desk was not interested. Message in reservation was not read. Food in restaurant was sopoor that we did not tip! We think the cook is e.g. a carworker or some employee, doing the cooking besides... According to the waiter there was no possibility to pre-order a breakfast-to-go because we had to leave at 06.00am.

The driver of the shuttle was a nice man, interested and helpful. The only one at Ramada's!

OK,

front desk was curt and unhelpful. restaurant staff was slow and not very attentive, food was good but I had to ask for water, Salt & Pepper and the check, just very slow and very unattentive.

it was close to airport, clean and comfortable

unsatisfied. scary about bugs and dirt.

Cleaner, faster.

Nothing about the property. It was difficult to get the shuttle. The staff was dressed unprofessionally. It took 1 hour to check in as there was only 1 person. The lobby and all halls were dirty. The room was dirty, Bags of garbage were left in the hall as was dirty bed linen. Had to shower with sandals on as the tub was dirty. Stains on the furniture, sheets, pillow cases and blanket. Had an ice bucket top, but no ice bucket. Need I go on.

Glad my stay is over. Hope I did not aquire a disease there.

Extremely filthy facility, with unclean carpeting and finishes.Afraid to remove my shoes in the room. In DIRE need of renovation and updating. Ramada should remove it's name from hotels in this condition, as it deceive a customer into believing it is a typical RAMADA quality inn.

Leaving in the morning.

Disappointed a good chain of hotels employs dishonest people.

The Receptionist a middle aged gentleman with bad complexion asked for a $50 deposit, he took the full amount for the room, next morning I paid for the room with cash as intended, he had insisted the deposit was paid with a Visa card My card was skimmed and someone went on a spending spree, a week later The Bank cancelled my Visa card, as he spent over my limit, my bank picked it up, I had to rely on the cash I had taken for the rest of my USA trip. A fraud case is pending

I flew from Queensland Australia, and needed a good sleep before commencing a tour, the room was quiet and comfortable as requested.

Never again Ramada at Lax airport

Downstairs PC not working, 1 of 2 lifts not working, 1st attempt in room had A/C sounding like a cement truck, moved room. 2nd room was infested with ants. Numerous lamps/lights not working. Ramada needs to quality control this htl, as it detracts from the Ramada name and reputation.

staff did well to placate guests with many other n house problems, restaurant was ok. But never again. Bad hotel.

Its not what I was expecting. No to Ramada for now.

The hotel itself is old. Wall decorations in the check in area are not fresh and it's dull. Inside Rm 327 tv remote control is missing and did not provide us, no telephone unit, swimming pool is closed because it was dirty, no wifi connection. My sons keep going to my room 344 because they don't have any entertainment in #327. Ramada need to replace their old paintings. Renovate at least the check in area.

The comfort of the King size bed. It was soft and kinda firm but sooo good in the body. My kind of bed! The Housekeeper is very nice lady. She went her way to get me the coffee refills.

Horrible. Do not stay here

Arrived late after 18 hours of travel. Had problems with room keys, no towels in the room, no answer on phone when calling front desk. Had to go down to get towels. No apology for inconvenience. Bathroom was dirty, hardly any hot water. Room dirty

Nothing. Will not stay again or recommend

Not staying here again unless all options are looked at
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Windows barely closed. Building cracks everywhere, very old place stains on floor seems dirty. Photos taken made the place look high class for the price but not. No toilet paper had to walk to front desk late night to get one and no apology from front desk, all he said is oh here’s one. No compensation

For the price and location price seems a bit high.

Somewhat uncomfortable. Enough so I would not come back.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The shower faucet could not be completely shut off -- by anyone, staff or us. Could not get hot water to shower, warm but not hot. The A/C was too loud. The room was a bit dark. Enough lamps but colors were too dark

Location to the airport was great.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff didn't explain check in procedure, they double charged with no apology.air conditioner was leaking when turned on.

Location to the airport was great. Shuttle drivers very friendly

Would not stay there again

Room didn't smell very nice. There was a definite stale odor. No towels in the room when I arrived. Fan in bathroom was annoyingly loud. Parking was extremely tight. No bellman to take my bags to room. Had to use a nasty cart that looked to be circa 1960's. Property was rated three stars I would rate it 2 stars max. If there was breakfast no one told me about it.

Terrible place to stay! I don't have a choice but to finish my 11 nights because I have a review.
    • Double Room with One Double Bed - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

My car got damaged in front of my hood! Someone hit it & I ask the manager if they can view the camera but unfortunately, their camera wasn't working at all. I transferred 3 times to another room because of a terrible smell and the beddings not being changed! Hairs were visible to the white sheets.

I didnt like everything, because first when we arrive at the hotel there is no one in the reception area, and poor customer service. And the room is look like dirty and the bathroom is not working properly, and it really sad.,,

I like the location of the area because near in at the airport

Convenient location but service and cleanliness were lacking.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Rooms were very musty, we were placed in a smoking room without being asked and then when we moved to a non-smoking room the musty smell was only slightly better. We had to continually ask for towels since we never had enough supplied in our room. The parking garage was full with cars that had not been moved in a while.

Location to freeway and airport was excellent.

Would recommend no one ever stays there.
    • King Room - Smoking

Room was filthy. Bathroom hadn't been properly cleaned, hair and soap scum everywhere. One threadbear towel for two people. Property needs an overhaul. Promised shuttle from LAX didn't arrive.

The attached restaurant was great-probably because it was owned and run by someone else.

Good price and free airport shuttle.

There was no remote for the tv in my room. I asked the front desk person, and they said maintenance would not be in to do anything about it until the next day. I only stayed 1 night, so that was not helpful. The tv only had a power button, so I could not change the channel without a remote. At least there was free WiFi so I could use my phone to watch Netflix.

Good price and free airport shuttle.

The bathroom was overlooked by housekeeping when we entered...

The bathroom was overlooked by housekeeping when we entered our rooms. There's we're used washclothes hanging on the shower bar and the toilet was full of feces and toilet paper. We were given another room after letting the front desk aware of the situation. The new room we got hadn't no towels whatsoever. I ended up just taking them off of a housekeeping cart I saw in the hallway.

Horrible

They over charged my card for the room and then didn't wanna refund me my money back. I had to call police bc there is no manager on duty on the weekends. How bizarre?? I would never stay here again I don't recommend this hotel to nobody!! I am filing a complaint with corporate and my attorney

OK for the price I paid.

I found out the bedding might not have been clean because they smelled like someone already slept in it. At that point, I've already took a shower so I just lay towels and slept on them.

The hotel looked nice on the outside.

Terrible all around and had 420 dollars stolen from me, forced to file a bank dispute for overcharge

Everything. The staff was terrible, the accommodations were terrible, I stayed one night only to check out early the next morning and finding out days later I was charged for 5 nights stay and they refused to refund my money until I called corporate because their staff "didnt remember" us checking out. Ramada is awful and I will never stay in one of their hotels again.

Ho-hum.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was not clear when the reservation was made that your airport shuttle was not available 24 hours per day. My flight was before you start the shuttle. Useless. Also, the pool should have been open on September 7 in Los Angeles.

Worst hotel ever!!!

Super compact non-standard parking spaces, leaky toilet (had to shut it every night before sleeping), the bathroon door woulsnt close, Ants in the room everywhere, water accumulating on bathroom floor from nowhere!! Dirty carpets. Room service removed dirty towels and promissed to return with new ones in 10 min but didnt happen until next day room service, dirty green pool, dirty bath tub,

Close to highway 405 ramp

Cleanliness. The room had ants. Had to take a taxi because our flight landed at 10:15 and shuttle stopped at 10. We called ahead to make arrangements, but were refused.

great stay. Need to get their elevator fixed asap. It hurts anyone disable.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

if the shower was actually in the restroom and not in the bedroom. just felt awkward.

The clerks did their best to make everyone happy and I can tell from that night it was difficult.

Does the job.

Area was a bit sketchy and needs general updating

Used it as first night stop after days of travelling. Close to the airport, easy to find. Does need updating but does the job for a quick stop

UNHAPPY, DISGUSTED.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

SHEETS ON ONE BED HAD BLOOD!!!!!, ROOM WAS FILTHY, SINK CRACKED,TUB DIRTY, SMELLED BAD, POOL WAS CLOUDY NAPKINS FLOATING, SAND.

OUR MEAL WAS WELL SERVED.

Would never stay here again and wouldn't recommend it.

My room did not get cleaned during the day, my key card constantly didn't work so I had to go to reception, some of the staff were lovely but some were very rude.

The Manager and staff where cooperative and not rude.

This place is a rundown and dirty. The room had ants in it. Everything was old in the room. The first night i got keys to a room with peoples things in it, a serious security issue. They checked me out for no reason, then I had people walking in my room but lucky I put the lock on it. The parking garage looks like its in a third world country, the parking spaces are too small and so your car can get hit easy. The front desk receptionist said this is a franchise Ramada, cooperate needs to shut this place down or a complete renovation and upgrade needs to be done because this place is trash. Also, twice I had other guest in the lobby and elevator telling me how weird and bad this place is and how there leaving.

The Manager and staff where cooperative and not rude.

The staff very rude, the room was smelly, hair dryer...

The staff very rude, the room was smelly, hair dryer didn't work we reported didn't fixed it, no towels when we asked they told us we had to go get it at the front. The phone in the room didn't work we reported again didn't get fixed it. The whole experience was awful. Don't recommend this place

A place to stay at the last minute. CLEAN UP ANTS AND REMODEL.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Telling staff about issues is never answered. Microwave Oven was not plugged in and needed to be moved to plug up. This was reported but never corrected. Place still has ants ................... Cars parked in the parking structure do not belong to guest. They have been abandoned. Not fair to paying hotel guest.

Stayed at this location months ago - booked it because I checked out early from Extended Stay.

There wasn't much to like.

I didn't like the smell of the room and the room was really dusty.. You could also tell that the comforter or blanket hasn't been changed in a while. Also the online picture aren't nearly the same as the rooms in person

There wasn't much to like. However I did enjoy the pool view.

It was in close proximity to the family that was visiting from out of town.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The bathroom shower was pulling away from the wall. The tub wasn't flat. It had more of a "u" shape which made standing feel unsteady. The tile in the bathroom was cracked.

Close proximity to family that was visiting from out of town.

Good location.

Some staff members " bad attitude". One of the lifts/escalators wasn't working causing a line up of people at peak times at the one working lift. Even though there were some negative aspects I would stay there again.

The location was "spot on". Close to gas stop, motorcycle hire and L.A. airport.

Not quite there and not quiet.

Shuttle starts at 6, not good for a 7 am flight. Took an $18 taxi. Street side is noisy Stairs from garage are blocked, walked along the car ramp.

Attached restaurant

Bring your own towels and TV and remote.
    • Double Room with One Double Bed - Disability Access

The room did not have a tv remote.The tv was old and did not have manual settings. So no relaxing while watching TV at this hotel. The towels were hard and stiff. It was ruff against my skin. No fabric softener.

That is was near the freeway.

Sercurity deposit still not in my account it has been two to three business days
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Too long of a review to write I already said so much on the other. But to sum it up this place sucks don't come to rent a room or nothing horrible

No thank you

Not a good experience. I don't like to post the negative, but the hotel is run down. Dirty, house keeping did not restock beverages, ants in our room (a lot). Feet/socks were dirty just walking around the room

Spend your money elsewhere
    • Double Room with One Double Bed - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Horrible staff, ants in the bathroom, room keys didn't work so maintenance had to open our door every time we wanted to access our room. Very dirty feeling.

Nothing. I would rather spend my money elsewhere.

Horrible!

We noticed a few ants when we first got to the room, but by morning they're were hundreds and they got into everything including our bags! The bed was extremely hard, the staff was completely unprofessional (inappropriate clothes, bad attitude, didn't care), and the hotel clearly needed maintenance!

Great location, uncomfortable rooms.

Parking was difficult and dangerous. The hotel and its rooms were not as clean as they could've been, there were ants in the shower and the temperature throughout hotel (inxluding rooms) was uncomfortably warm and humid.

The staff was friendly and the location was excellent.

Dpn' t Do It..
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything from 💩 stained sheets and dry vomit in tub. Plus 1 towel in bathroom. Smokey hallways in non smoking floors, broken pool pump, crusty/crack rooms, young inexperienced (cheap) staff. This was a big mistake.

Sub-rating for this property - big mistake to stay here. Needs Facility and staff overhaul. Needs renovations and staff needs education instead of passing the responsibility to someone else. Nothing was nice. Musty and disgusting. Hold your breath if you want to experience what bad really is in a care free environment. Typical Wydham fixer-upper.

Find somewhere else!
    • King Room - Smoking

No housekeeping after 5. Didnt replace towels or soaps/shampoos. Business center closed. Elevator slow and jerky.

The staff in Oscars Grill were very nice and efficient.

Staff is nice - Rooms are not

The bedrooms just felt dirty - the rooms smelled bad - the bathtub had rust on it - the sink was clogged - the bed sheets had cigarette burns on them

Staff was really nice!

Booking.com did not reserve two rooms even though I got confirmed
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything hated hotel do not stay here.

I liked nothing booked two rooms there and when I arrived was told only one room. Showed confirmation from booking. Com said I had two rooms they said I didn't asked to talk to manager very rude guy at check in could care less about confirmation said no manager said booked one room booked two through booking. Com even had confirmation and email was ver upset ruined evening cancelled one room and won't use booking.com ever again due to. Poking two rooms and only one was booked. Ramada rudest staff crappy hotel awful parking and dirty

Run! Don't stay!

Breakfast was advertised on website as "included" and it wasn't. The restaurant next door charges $10 per plate. Room was non smoking but smelled like cigarettes. Hard bed and ants throughout the room and bathroom. Parking was impossible.

The bartender opened my bottle of wine, no charge.

Not worth the price

No complimentary breakfast. Ants in room and bathroom. Room was very humid and windows were locked. Maids came to clean the room very early in the morning.

Such a horrible Place to stay!

Very unsafe and dirty place to stay. I was so traumatized. I even couldn't take a shower in their dirty bathtub and couldn't trust to use their smelly towels. I ended up booking another hotel and checking out the second day.

Probably will not stay here again....

Extremely bad Internet in one of our rooms, inadequate towels, no coffee machine in our room, microwave was not plugged in and no free plugs for it in its position- had to place it on table to plug it which left us with no table space, dated decor.

Lobby is good, indoor parking, nearby restaurants.

Never again
    • King Room - Smoking

Front desk absolutely useless when I tried to book the courtesy bus I was told I was too late but after paying $26 for a taxi I was informed on arrival that the bus had gone to pick me up. The person responsible did not even apologize, totally useless

A only fair accommodation - so close.

AC stopped working during the morning. Bathroom needs some serious repairs and improvements - water damage - tile loose or missing

Bed was comfortable and well kept. Bedding was good and clean.

I was very disappointed so basically used the room to sleep in.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

1. The parking was horrible; very small parking not meant for a truck and very small spaces to maneuver. 2. The shoer in the bedroom was awkward facing the bed instead of traditional location in the bathroom. This current design only works hot tubs and or suite type designs. 3. Phone did not work. Let the front desk know but was not fixed. It looks like the phone cord connector and or the cord itself is broken; just not maintained. 4. TV - no TV guide/listing of channels. Very limited channels and remote was not working properly. 5. The keycard to the room keeps failing and had to keep going back down to the front desk. It's not ideal if carrying a lot of items with you. 6. Elevator was not working properly. It feels like it's going to fail any moment. Notified the front desk but it was never fixed. 6. The room was not clean. Looks like the cleaning staff doesn't really clean the room; just basically making the bed. The lotion and shampoo was not change; should have new bottles and not reusable/refill bottles. 7. Pillows are old and hard. Not great for your neck when sleeping. Overall, it looks like the place was NOT maintained and managed well if all these are occurring presently. Probably need to revisit and evaluate the cleanliness and services by management unless they don't care.

I like the comfort feel there's nobody just hanging out...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The parking is horrible. The room is pretty outdated and no iron or ironing board.

I like the comfort feel there's nobody just hanging out in the hallways. I enjoy that cause i traveled with my son. Wish the room was more updated.

The room smelled bad it wasn't clean enough the sheets...
    • King Room - Smoking

The room smelled bad it wasn't clean enough the sheets had stuff on them it was very uncomfortable and old Looking. They definitely need to upgrade

OK for the purpose we were there for
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was ok but needs too be updated Bathroom is not great tub needs a make over black in the bottom . WANTED NON SMOKING BUT WAS NEAR A COURT YARD THAT WAS SMOKING. IT IS AN OLDER HOTEL THAT NEEDS UPGRADING IN THE ROOMS AND IN THE LAUNDRY ROOMS SAID IT HAD A HOT TUB NOT WORKING Anyway we were only in the room to sleep but would not stay there again

THE LAUNDRY BEING ACCESSIBLE IN HOTEL AND FREE WIFI

Poor hotel stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The parking garages were useless and packed with cars covered in week old dust showing that they have not moved in forever. Not being used for patrons. They did not provide enough towels even after we left a note saying there were four people. We got two towels, three if we were lucky.

The fountain in the hotel was nice.