Reviews of Red Carpet Inn and Suites Plymouth 2 stars

166 Highland Street, Plymouth, NH 03264, USA

#6 of 6 hotels in Plymouth

6.2

The sheets appeared to be clean and the water was very hot.
    • Scenic View Room 2 Queen Beds

The room had had only a rudimentary cleaning but there was no toilet tissue. The beds were too soft for my liking. The rooms need to be updated and deep cleaned well. The “view” was of some scrubby trees. At $148.00 a total rip off! Never again!

The sheets appeared to be clean and the water was very hot. The air conditioning kept the room comfortable.

Sam was extremely welcoming & helpful.
    • Scenic View Room 2 Queen Beds

Property needed some upgrades, such as the lobby area.

Sam was extremely welcoming & helpful. I traveled with my elderly mother & he changed our room from 2nd floor to 1st floor so she wouldn’t have to use the stairs. Quiet & comfortable bed. Reasonable rate for this area. They had a big bonfire going in the back of the property that I would have joined had it not been for the rain.

The owners were awesome.
    • Highway View Room 2 Double Beds

The room above us was loud. It was hard to sleep.

The owners were awesome. I booked hotel to be close to work and because of the price. The owners gave me an early check-in with no notice.

Price was good and close to where we needed to be.
    • Highway View Room 2 Double Beds

I wouldn't have paid $10 extra per night for breakfast based on what they had. No eggs etc... Just a couple pieces of fruit, small muffins & dry cereal. Not worth it.

Convenience to traveling to Plymouth college and restaurants.

Worst hotel experience of my entire life!
    • Highway View Room 2 Double Beds

Dirty, dirty, dirty. Smelled. Bloody tissue on bathroom floor, every towel and shower curtain was stained.

Most disgusting, run down hotel I have ever stayed in, in 47 years. I was scared, felt like I was going to catch something and completely uncomfortable the whole 9 hours I could stay.

It sucked

Every thing

Place is a dump, owned by foreigners that don’t speake English, ice machine was broken, they run the place like it’s in the dessert somewhere

Comfortable and cozy.
    • Highway View Room 2 Double Beds

Reasonable price, clean room, quiet, kind staff, close to the Flying Monkey music venue which was the purpose of our visit. Not quite the Sheraton, but we didn't expect it to be. Will be happy to return!

• Highway View Room 2 Double Beds

Odor was musty, pillows were hard, box spring gross, tub was the old green kind. Only open outlet for phone charger by one of the beds and only one outlet worked. Fridge froze everything, no coffee pot. Took 5 min to heat up a dunks coffee in the microwave. Blow dryer died in the middle of drying my hair. The light by the bed had to be turned on my turning the lightbulb.

Clean. Bed was fairly comfortable. Mattress looked new

Ruined what was a excellent night otherwise.
    • Scenic View Room 2 Queen Beds

Every thing was fine until we found a syringe under the desk. When we contacted management to have it removed all we got was a so what and told us to pick it up and throw it away. Would not come until we threatened to call the local police to come take care of it. Asked for a different room or a discount and was told know way. Town was sold out so leaving was no option. Will not be staying at any of this company's properties again.

This seemed to be a nice room for the money. Clean and plenty of room.

It was one night, it served its purpose.
    • Highway View Room 2 Double Beds

There was no toilet paper, the walls were filthy, there was blood on the shower curtain and the bathroom is a horrible color. They didn’t have any heat on in the room and it was -9* when we arrived.

The staff was nice, but their English was terrible. Very hard to communicate but they did their best.

I will not return.
    • Highway View Room 2 Double Beds

There had been a winter storm the night before. I had to leave early in the morning but my car was snowed in - the parking lot was covered in inches of snow. The front desk associate told me that I had to walk to wherever I was going and come back later (after the snow plow came) to get my car. Undoubtedly, his suggestion was asinine and insensitive. So I had to shovel their driveway and entrance MYSELF in order to leave the property. Consequently, the restful night I had enjoyed was completely erased by their inhospitality.

The room was comfortable enough. I had a good sleep.

Not very good, I would not stay here again and would suggest noone else stay there either.
    • Scenic View Room 2 Queen Beds

The carpet in the room was so dirty that I even walk around in the room with my socks on. When I closed the curtains, they had stains all over them. The small refrigerator in the room was propted up with a small block under one of the legs. Overall, the motel itself was ran down, grungy and very old looking.

The water was hot in the shower.

We did not get the triple A discount they offer after I gave...
    • Highway View Room 2 Double Beds

We did not get the triple A discount they offer after I gave them my card. And didn't realize till after we left. Was very upset about that bevause I could have saved 40$

Not completely satisfied. I have stayed here many times and for the price, this time was definitely not worth it.
    • Highway View Room 2 Double Beds

Missing some bedding, bath room was not as clean as always. And fridge smelled horrible. Definitely not worth the price I paid. I may not stay here again unless the is a monetary value for what I was stuck with this weekend.

Location and convenience to my daughters college. There are other hotels in the area that I would have had a better experience this time around.

Heater in bathroom, easy to use shower, temp regulation of...
    • Scenic View Room 2 Queen Beds

Mildew odor in room. I think its time to re-carpet. In general lighting in the rooms needs to be updated, shabby furniture but OK. All tolerable for what we paid.

Heater in bathroom, easy to use shower, temp regulation of room was in our control. Able to park right outside the door making transfer of luggage easy. Excellent dinner recommendation.

Worst property I have stayed in on Booking.coms books
    • Scenic View Room 2 Queen Beds

When we arrived at reception the gentleman we met was very curt. His vocabulary seemed to consist of two phrases 'ID' and 'passport'. No please or thank you. Every time we spoke to him he just gestured to us to give him 'ID, passport'. An extremely poor first impression of the property. After a lengthy process of booking in, having finally got him to agree to split the bill between both parties (he clearly didn't want to do that) he gestured behind him to suggest where our rooms were. As this is a large property with lots of blocks of rooms we had to ask him to come with us to show us our rooms. To be a little more precise, the property is dated and run down, the breakfast is sparse and the breakfast area is the reception area. The rooms, although quiet, were musty and needed much TLC. No bars eateries within walking distance.

The bath towels were the biggest we had on our trip.

Very good. Very satisfactory.
    • Highway View Room 2 Double Beds

Nothing, I was only in Plymouth one day on a 30 day trip around New England. I could have stayed longer if I was there longer.

The man behind the desk. I had a heavy suitcase and he was able to make changes to give me a downstairs room. So kind.

Expensive for Cheap "Motel" Style Stay
    • Highway View Room 2 Double Beds

The room had a funny smell, and the bath tub didn't have a plug so I couldn't give my kids a bath. Not enough towels, nobody answered the phone nor was there when I wanted to check in, wifi didn't work, etc.

The view of the back yard area was pretty with fall trees and it was close to town. The beds were comfortable, the room was clean.

DONT GO THERE
    • Scenic View Room 2 Queen Beds

Dirty reception, owners spoke very poor English. Location out of town. Price was extortionate compared to other properties in New Hampshire.

Room was clean.

The room smelled like a basement.

See above please.

The room smelled like a basement. There was an old sock left behind from a previous tenant. At a glance the place looked 'ok' but upon closer inspection it was definitely not worth he money I paid for the weekend. It is a dated motel and needs serious upgrades. It could be A LOT cleaner and not smell so terrible. The carpet was filthy. I will not be returning. Staff was friendly. To be honest, I can not complain about an old place but the smell and the fact that it was dirty I just won't abide.

The man that checked us in could barely speak English, said...

The man that checked us in could barely speak English, said I had no reservation. I tried to show him my confirmation, from you and he would not take it. Was going to charge us 110.00 for room, then said he would give us for your price, Very rude, will never stay again.

Every moment I was there I was worried about the bed bug activity. Didn't want to bring them home.
    • Highway View Room 2 Double Beds

Bed bug active in bed, not clean, run down, many bed stains. Needs to be disinfected and cleaned out.

Good location. No frills breakfast which was ok. Staff seem nice.

Clean basic hotel for the money. Close to Plymouth State College.
    • Scenic View Room 2 Queen Beds

Continental breakfast was cold cereal and bad coffee. Nothing else. Lobby is very small, not set up very well. Counter person was pleasant, but struggled with English, so communicating was hard.

The room was clean. Very basic. Refrigerator and microwave both worked and were clean. Good WiFi.

Glad to leave.
    • Scenic View Room 2 Queen Beds

The carpet was filthy and stained. The stairs getting to the second floor were shaky and unsafe. The entire building needs a good inspection by the building inspector

We didn't like anything, wouldn't recommend this...
    • Highway View Room 2 Double Beds

staff didn't speak English that well, rooms smelled when you walked in, we received an "upgrade" to a king size with kitchen, kitchen was very outdated and sink was filthy like they were just finished eating, crumbs everywhere, not worth the money spent. Ended up not sleeping there and found something else

We didn't like anything, wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

A classic motel, facilities a bit out of date (the fan in the bathroom was annoying), overpriced
    • Highway View Room 2 Double Beds

bathroom needed updating, cleaning the room apparently consisted of pulling up the covers, towels restocked, mirror not cleaned, free breakfast very spare, I took a banana out of general principal

Stay away!
    • Highway View Room 2 Double Beds

The Red Carpet is a overpriced horribly rundown inn from horror movies. It is filthy dirty and smelly, the bathroom has water drainage problems, poor room service, and the unfriendly man sits in the front desk who can hardly speak English, it is impossible to communicate. Did not feel safe to stay there.

A nice little hotel for a short weekend visit to my alma mater, Plymouth State.
    • Highway View Room 2 Double Beds

The only real problem I ran into was during checkout. Checkout time is 11 am. I was ready to check out at 10 am. There was no one at the front desk and I waited to return my room key for over 10 minutes. You would think that an hour before checkout time there would be someone stationed at the front desk. I ended up leaving a note with the key on the counter. Also, just something small, but none of the lamps in our room were plugged in when we arrived. Not a big deal, but we had to plug them in ourselves, luckily it was still light outside. The lamp between the two beds had no outlet to plug into either so that light was off the whole weekend.

The room was very clean, the shower was hot, the beds were comfy, the microwave and mini fridge worked great, and the TV was nice as well. Breakfast was a good selection of fruit, bagels, toast, cereal, and mini muffins. Hot coffee and hot water for tea were nice as well! No noise complaints either, a very quiet place to stay.

Wouldn't stay there again.
    • Scenic View Room 2 Queen Beds

The dead bugs in the bathroom and the live spider in the bathroom. Ice machine was in another building up the road. Much older rundown facility than I imagined. Decided to go out to breakfast since the continental one wasn't inviting.

Beds appeared clean.

Overnight stay before heading to squam lake
    • Highway View Room 2 Double Beds

Would have liked breakfast to include some yogurt or more fruit. It was all carbs. We had to go to a resturant

Room was very clean, bed was very comfortable

Perfect for People Traveling through or Visiting Plymouth
    • Highway View Room 2 Double Beds

Check in time seemed a little late for me since it was at 3pm but we were getting in late so it wasn't a problem at all! The best part is the check in and check out process was very easy and and took only a few minutes!

Their breakfast was simple but perfect! Since they are a small Inn it only consisted of bagels, toast, cereal, and muffins but they had plenty of them along with butter, peanut butter, jelly, and cream cheese. They were even quick to refill the bagels if gone. Their breakfast may not be hot off the griddle but it sure was delicious! You could also control the AC/heat on you're own and you had a mini fridge in your room.

Good clean low-budget room
    • Highway View Room 2 Double Beds

There were a lot of little maintenance projects that had not been done or had been done poorly. For example, the trim around the closet was coming off, the window in the kitchen was broken, and the fixtures were obviously replaced but no work was done to paint around them. Pictures were in odd places. Most of the fixtures were dated and mismatched. All of these things were pretty minor and about what I expected for the price. Personally, I was happy to have to put up with that, given the room was clean, quiet, convenient and the staff was really nice.

It was clean. The staff was nice. It was convenient.

Do not stay here....
    • Highway View Room 2 Double Beds

This place smelled of must/mold. The minute you opened the door the smell was so strong it about knocked you over. The room had dust and scrape paper along the wall of the beds. I had an asthma attack due to the must/mold and had to leave early...

Thre room served it's purpose. The photos were very deceiving.
    • Scenic View Room 2 Queen Beds

It was very old. The lobby was bare. The iron had burnt cloth on it that came off on a piece of clothing. The freezer was frozen solid, couldn't put anything into it.

The bed was comfortable. The sheets were clean. The shower was great.

Meh...
    • Scenic View Room 2 Queen Beds

Unfortunately it is near a college campus, and we had some partying college kids next door and downstairs.carpets need replacing and the "continental breakfast" wad bagged frozen bagels, coffee and cereal. Nowhere to sit. Couldn't park near the office either.

For the value, the room was nice. Pretty clean.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Don't stay here.
    • Highway View Room 2 Double Beds

The place is falling apart, the stairs are rotten, there is trash everywhere on the property, many people living there, cigarette butts all over,the room stinks and nothing has been updated for many years.

Good value, nice room
    • Highway View Room 2 Double Beds

When I arrived I stood at the desk for 5 minutes while the desk clerk talked on the phone. A simple nod, smile, or wave goes a long way, but he ignored me and continued his conversation. The coffee tastes like cardboard.

The room was clean, spacious, and comfortable. The bathroom was beautiful and charming. Can't say enough about it. Close to downtown area.

The room was clean, quiet, and comfortable.
    • Highway View Room 2 Double Beds

We had to yell to be heard over the sound of a blasting television at the front desk after waiting for nearly ten minutes for someone to check us in. The owners speak very limited English, and there was no attempt to clear the parking area of several inches of snow.

The room was clean, quiet, and comfortable.

Not sure what it takes to be 'Red Carpet' rated hotel, but you need to have a better vetting process
    • Highway View Room 2 Double Beds

1. The heat was off when we arrived, it was so cold in room we could not take off our shoes 2. The view out the window is of (we think) full time residents in 'cabins', rather unsightly. 3. A women must have smoked a carton of cigarettes from the time we got there, all night & into the time we checked out. It waifted into our unit if we opened the door & there was an ashtray with a ton of butts in it. 4. We could hear EVERYTHING going on 'upstairs', has to be wood floors? We could even hear when someone urinated. Ugh 5. 'Breakfast' shown in pictures is not what's served. That's BS.

Price before we had to sleep there. Then it all fell apart.

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

Worked Worked out just fine for our overnight visit to Plymouth
    • Highway View Room 2 Double Beds

We had a very slow drain in the tub..stood in my shower water up to my ankles during my whole shower

The room and the bed was quite comfortable and I loved the convenience of having a microwave and a refrigerator

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Dirtiest inn I've ever stayed at
    • Highway View Room 2 Double Beds

Toilet bowl was stained with fecal matter. Bed sheets had brown stains. Walls were filthy and needed to be cleaned. Very poor maintenance of facilities.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

Probably will pick another motel next time we're in the area.
    • Highway View Room 2 Double Beds

Drains in sink, toilet and bath were partially clogged. Water would not drain well. Rooms were said to be smoke free but the first room we had, smelled very heavy with cigarette smoke. Heater very loud and no breakfast available in morning at 7:00. Not real pleased with our stay.

It was a good location and easy to get in or out of motel.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Best bang for your buck, as a place to crash.

The rooms are in separate buildings depending on size, which would have been nice to know beforehand because I booked a double room and a queen room. The buildings are separated by a long driveway (about a 2-3 minute walk). And the walls are a little thin so you can kind of hear people moving around outside or in the rooms directly above/next to you. These were just minor inconveniences, however. The walk/drive between buildings isn't too bad and the noise issue is by no means obnoxious. Though the "continental breakfast" is nothing special, just some mini muffins, a choice of frosted flakes or raisin bran, and coffee or soda.

It was very clean, the staff was friendly, and the location was great! Only about a mile away from town, and town was right off the highway. It was quiet and the scenery (I had a "scenic room") was nice -- you could see the mountains looking through the trees out the window. The beds had crisp clean sheets on them (no re-used, questionably clean comforter like most hotels have). I can't say it's the nicest hotel I've stayed in, but for the price, I don't think you could find anything better by far. I would definitely stay there again if I were in the area!

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

Room was cleaner than we thought it would be, when we pulled in. OK for one nite stay on a budget.
    • Scenic View Room 2 Queen Beds

The physical building is needing some upgrade/repair. Stairs were soft and rotting, banister was broken. Just looks old and tired. Wi-Fi was too weak to use.(lower building)

The room was surprisingly clean and comfortable. Weren't optimistic when we pulled up.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Cheap, decent enough place, clean, but older and kind of broken down, no real amenities.
    • Scenic View Room 2 Queen Beds

We had to wait in the cold quite a while, calling until the desk person finally answered....we woke him up, I think, and I did feel badly about that, but I had made it clear on the website booking that we would be arriving at 1am. The ice machine was broken, the fridge wasn't plugged in and smelled, there was no coffee pot, the "free continental breakfast" was a joke, and in the other building. Overall, it was fine for what we needed, but it was a pretty far cry from what was advertised.

It was cheap, my sister could smoke outside the room, they were willing to let us arrive and check in very late at night. The room was clean and maid service was decent. It was convenient to adorable downtown with a great diner, Thai restaurant and fun shops. The gentleman that checked us in was pleasant, even tho we woke him in the middle of the night. The beds were comfortable enough and had adequate bedding.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Will not refer people to this motel in the future.
    • Highway View Room 2 Double Beds

No internet/phone service in room. Staff couldn't speak English & hung up on caller trying to reach room. Staff was told to put people in front area, but they were put in back. Sheets were not changed.

Bed was comfortable. View of the mountains. Low cost, but I guess you get what you pay for.

Not good
    • Highway View Room 2 Double Beds

The one staff member we met was very strange. He could barely speak English. We went into our room and were greeted with a very strong odor of cleaning products, mostly bleach. The rooms were noisy and you could hear almost everything from outside. The morning we left, I lifted my pillow and found a bug under it. You get what you pay for with hotels and this hotel shows that.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

Comfortable, affordable motel in Plymouth
    • Highway View Room 2 Double Beds

Heating unit can get a bit noisy.

Rooms are clean and roomy, beds are comfortable; lots of hot water for shower. Location is in a quiet part of town, near university, restaurants and close to a good supermarket

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

Keep searching.

Stay away.

Horrible place, dirty, outdated and unkept. Next time I'm in the Plymouth area I'll stay somewhere else or just sleep in the woods. Pretty pathetic.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

Bad
    • Scenic View Room 2 Queen Beds

I couldn't understand a single word the person at the front desk said. I woke up in the morning and after taking a shower I was overwhelmed with a smell of sewage. After talking with someone who stayed there the night before they told me that sewage backed up into their room through the drains. Don't stay here!!!!!!

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Rooms are always clean.
    • Highway View Room 2 Double Beds

Rooms are always clean. Beds are comfy. The staff is always wonderful. The Patel family always takes care of you. I have stayed here several times and will continue to in the future.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

You get what you pay for.
    • Scenic View Room 2 Queen Beds

Poor cont breakfast. Not enough parking. 2 floor - our motorcycles were out of view (no parking lot side windows anyway). No offense to the hosts, but it was very difficult to understand their English. Bed was slanted & I felt like I would roll off the side. Shower curtain looked moldy. "Scenic view" was a leafy tree branch filling the window.

Affordable. Relatively clean overall. Nice TV, fridge. Heat worked.

The bed, the cleanliness.
    • Highway View Room 2 Double Beds

The breakfast, it was very sumir and you can't sit at the breakfast place. And the rooms are very noisy. Espessially the noise when somebody above walked.

The bed, the cleanliness.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

It was very difficult to understand the front desk person,...
    • Highway View Room 2 Double Beds

It was very difficult to understand the front desk person, which made the experience challenging, though he was pleasant enough. Also, during the middle of the night, someone was repeatedly on their phone outside my door screaming and swearing! The room was drafty and dated. The place just felt quite shoddy. It was a reasonable price, but next time I think I'd pay a little more for a little higher quality experience.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Trip to the White Mountains
    • Highway View Room 2 Double Beds

The mattress had springs that were broken and popping every time that you sat on the bed or moved in it. I ended up lying catticornered in the bed to avoid all the popping springs. I have thrown out better mattresses that this at home! The continental breakfast was only cold items. it would have been nice to have instant oatmeal or some other hot foods.

The room was very clean, and you could tell that they had recently updated the paint and tile work in the bathroom. The location was hard to find at first but easy to access once you knew where to find it.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

good but experience could be better especially for price
    • Highway View Room 2 Double Beds

smoke smell in room even though non smoking. Also bad smell in bathroom. Need to update baths. No seating for breakfast

The beds were very comfortable And room was mostly updated.

Our daughter has lived in the area x4 yrs so we use this...
    • Highway View Room 2 Double Beds

Our daughter has lived in the area x4 yrs so we use this place a lot when visiting. Always clean, friendly and great for the price.

it was ok for one night
    • Scenic View Room 2 Queen Beds

the dirty bathroom with no hooks to hang anything on and long black hair on toilet and tub

Not much. The price

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Great stay and would go back in the future with pet.
    • Highway View Room 2 Double Beds

Coffee ready at 7 AM instead of 6 AM.

Air conditioner quiet and good place to take a dog.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

It was three very pleasant nights.
    • Highway View Room 2 Double Beds

The complimentary breakfast was good. It was very quiet and thus restful.

AWFUL

Cleanliness

NOTHING

It was a decent hotel.

Not much to choose from

It was cheap
    • Highway View Room 2 Double Beds

Room looked unused for quite awhile. Tub was dirty.

It was cheap

Very quiet and clean, the stuff was very friendly

Very quiet and clean, the stuff was very friendly

Dusty, lights not working, bathroom floor uneven, no bars in...
    • Scenic View Room 2 Queen Beds

Dusty, lights not working, bathroom floor uneven, no bars in the bathroom for elderly.

Very Quiet and peaceful location

Very Quiet and peaceful location

Room was clean & quiet, staff friendly & it was...
    • Scenic View Room 2 Queen Beds

Room was clean & quiet, staff friendly & it was conveniently located. Property needs updates but it was fine for a night's stay!

I wanted to pay for the room with cash, but the owner...
    • Scenic View Room 2 Queen Beds

I wanted to pay for the room with cash, but the owner insisted that I pay with a credit card.

This is a classic case of you get what you pay for.
    • Scenic View Room 2 Queen Beds

This is a classic case of you get what you pay for. For only $75/night I didn't expect much.

Great bang for your buck
    • Highway View Room 2 Double Beds

Room was a little cold until the heat kicked in.

Clean room with flexible check in.

Will be back
    • Scenic View Room 2 Queen Beds

Web site said nothing about fridge or microwave

Clean room , microwave fridge tv bathroom clean

Air temperature management was good.
    • Highway View Room 2 Double Beds

Room smelled like smoke. Manager at the desk couldn't speak English, and was rude in any misunderstandings.

Air temperature management was good.

it was dirty
    • Highway View Room 2 Double Beds

very dirty...i would not stay there again..

Quiet

Being by road

Quiet

We only needed one night or we would have moved for the second night.
    • Scenic View Room 2 Queen Beds

It was worn. The fridge did not work . The sheets and towels were stained and or had holes. I would not recommend to anyone.