Reviews of Red Carpet Inn West Springfield 2 stars

560 Riverdale Street, West Springfield, MA 01089, USA

#7 of 11 hotels in West Springfield

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

When I looked online , I thought there was only one level to the hotel. Unfortunately there is a second floor with a few rooms. And we were put upstairs. Normally I wouldn’t mind but I was traveling with an older parent and there is no elevator. I should have asked questions when I confirmed my reservation. I had booked the room well in advance. A lot of noisy traffic at night to be expected

It was affordable andclean and staff is very nice

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

Bed bugs, gangsters, lots of weed being smoked on the property.

Owner was very accommodating to our requests. Rooms were as clean as they could be but....

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

There were ants in the bathroom! The exterior need work ... when I first arrived I wasn't even sure if it was open for business! The room seemed as if it was recently renovated so was ok. Heard voices in the hallway outside of my room at 2:45 a.m. and made me a little nervous but they went away and I was able to go back to sleep thankfully.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

It's a few miles from downtown Springfield and a very good value. I stay before the summer so I don't get to use the pool, but they have a pool. The owner takes very good care of the property.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

I did not not like that they do not inform you of a 250$ deposit before you go there. So I didn’t have enough cash and I had to use my card and didn’t get my money back right away.

Terrible costumer service. The manager speaks to you like you’re dumb. Very rude.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The room. The front desk. The ridiculous breakfast. Place was a hole. Bookings should be ashamed to recommend a place like that. The place is a flea bag motel. People live there. There was marijuana smell constantly through out the place. If I wasn’t sick, I would have called the cops to get my money back. Bookings and Red Carpet should be ashamed. I called Bookings.com, the man from a FORIEGN country never came back to me. Totally will never use you again.

Nothing. Disgusting.

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

Everything was great we will be back

The staff, lots of hot water, quietness, getting there and to the Big E was easy and fast, places to eat close by, Clean parking lot, Shopping was close by, Breakfast was out early, pillows and bed were very nice, Once door was shut we heard nothing outside.

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

Dated , old furniture , room smelled like smoke , old linens , no soap , toiletries or extra tp. Breakfast was a joke , coffee with Cremona , stale cereal and bagels and stuff out of someone's fridge and no were to sit . $112 a night

Clean but I didn't have a black light

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

the breakfast options were very poor selection,No hot meal options and cold options were very limited.No fruit offered.

The room was clean and comfortable for a one night stay.

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

Old room, noisey AC, but it was clean.

Friendly Staff, Clean, could use a remodel for the room we had. Location was not bad. Lots for restaurants, bars and shopping near by.

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

Got in late , owner didn't answer the locked door , came out in his boxer underwear . Didn't let me use my visa gift card to pay my bill.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Hotel was easy to find, very close to local shops and restaurants The room was large and very clean Lots of choice on the TV The bed was very comfortable and it was good to be able to make a coffee in the room There was no road noise at all when you were in the room We enjoyed using the pool and being able to sit outside under the canopy and eat breakfast. Raj the owner was charming! He told us lots about the local area, answered many questions about life in America and the hotel trade!

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was minimal and coffee pot was empty; only powder creamer available (I love morning coffee). We chose to find breakfast elsewhere.

Recently renovated--everything in the room was fresh, clean, and very comfortable. Very comfy bed and pillows; nice and clean bathroom with two sinks--one inside and one outside the bathroom for convenience. Proprietor was very welcoming, even with our late night arrival; turned on the AC prior to our arrival.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The bed was very uncomfortable and hard as a brick. The mattresses should be replaced with ones that have a little more softness

Raj was extremely helpful. He was able to get me checked in early.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The towels were small, the AC wasn't cold, and the noise outside of the room from the highway was noisy when cars went by. Also, the hook on the back of the bathroom door was broken off, and the piece on the left side of the toilet seat was broken.

The bed

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

As I said above, the bath towels are very small, however. I would recommend that they purchase new ones that are larger like what we all use in our homes. In addition, the hot water in the shower does not last more than a few minutes. So, make it quick!!

Overall, it was a good value at $100 per night. The rooms are dated in general but the sheets and towels were clean. The bath towels are very small, however. I would recommend that they purchase new ones that are larger like what we all use in our homes. Bottom line: this is a NO FRILLS motel that works for 1-2 nights if you cannot find any of the newer chain hotels for comparable pricing.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was really small, should be better called welcome coffee with bagel.

Easy to find (I came by bus and it was a short walk away from town bus stop). Some eateries nearby (Vietnamese food is fairly close) and not far is area with many malls. Bed was huge and great, shower room was perfect. Warm room with centrally heater radiators. Could be cheaper, given location and season.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The heater squealed all night long. Tiny shampoo packet, small towels, dim lamps.

The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. The location was easy to get to, and close to the downtown area.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

No hot water at coffee machine. Not a big deal . MCD and IHOP down the block.

Heat was good, bed comfortable, room was clean.Check in person was very courteous. Would recommend and stop by again

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

We were up visiting our son at Springfield College, which is a short drive (10 minutes) from the motel. The manager was helpful and friendly, even at the extremely late hour we arrived. The room was spacious and clean and had a flat screen TV, which we didn't get to use. The location was quiet, but the heating system was a bit noisy, kicking on and off throughout the night. Otherwise, the facility was updated and modern. Great value for a short stay.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

the greeting was not nice and especially about my dog he was thinking I was a pig leaving all my dog fur all over the rug and the smell, the poopy and pee, seriously I have a dog with hair it does not shed and he was not listening of what I was telling to him just what he was saying was important.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

My friend didn't think the manager was very nice at all. I thought he just didn't have much of a personality. Location is very difficult on a one way. With no cross over places it was very hard to get to after being downtown. Bed was hard and uncomfortable. As the second person to take a shower I had no hot water on the second morning. Didn't complain because we were leaving. The free morning coffee was very bland and cheap. Will find a different place if I go back again for the fiber festival, an event which I loved and had great fun!

It was clean and easy to set up online.

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

Dirty. No reading light at the bed. No light switch at the bed. Needed to get out of bed to turn lights off. Cable tv was not working properly.

It was available

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

• Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Would have loved a coffee maker and hairdryer in room. Refrigerator wasn't very cold. Water pressure was very low

Loved the jacuzzi Comfy bed Friendly staff Great location

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

I hear the own is trying to have a bigger breakfast area but township is being difficult. I think a larger breakfast area would be great!

Rooms very clean and comfy.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

See above. Also the HBO guide in the room was from the previous month.

Very clean room. Everything worked, no complaints. However, no instructions in room for how to use A/C remote or process for checking out. Also the sign at the pool says closed even though it is open; told the sign always says closed to keep people from neighboring hotel out.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

The room very old, the carpet had spots all over, the towels were so small I could not wrap it around me and only give face towels to dry your hands, the AC made all kinds of noise,continental breakfast was a joke, pool was closed it was 90 outside.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Room was really comfortable, the bed and pillows were great!! Thanks Raj, for making our early check in possible and for your assistance throughout our stay.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

• Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

The shower would not get hot. I was disappointed with that. And the water pressure in the shower was very weak. .. The shower is my only complaint

Love the Jacuzzi tub in the room. Room was a bit cheesy like a movie with a heart shaped tub and disco ball but was so funny I loved it. Bed was clean and comfoatable. Pretty basic room with a mini fridge and tv. Microwave was outside the door with the ice machine. There was also about 7 other rooms with Jacuzzi tubs in them all different shapes, not all hearts and disco balls (:

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

• Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

The design in the bathroom is awful- if sitting on the potty you either have to bring toilet paper with you or have a 6 foot long arm- poor design I hate those very high mattresses- we are not all 6 feet tall Better lighting in the room and a light on the desk with outlets for computer and such Better noise insulation between the floors-- I thought a heard of elephants had moved in at 2 AM and it was not children running around

Location, location and it was clean Availability of micro and fridge although I did not have to use this trip

• Reviewed: 11 July 2016

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

the pillows were not fluffy enough for me but some people might like it that way!

Everything was so clean! The bathroom was nicer than the one at home!

• Reviewed: 25 June 2016

• Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

I went to the breakfast at 6:45 but it wasn't there. There was cerial only. But there was coffee at about 10 a.m

It was a quite get away. That's what I needed and got. Very satisfied

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

room was next to office and the noise insulation for that room could be improved

size and cleanliness of the room

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

Tiny breakfast area with no seating.

Manager at check-in and check-out was friendly and personable.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Nice staff and clean room

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

Very clean. New bathroom amenities.

Breakfast location

Everything was ok

Nothing was wrong

Raj was nice

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Shower, water pressure terrible.

Room was clean.

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

Bug in one bed. Breakfast was not adequate

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

Room was out dated but in great repair.

Very clean place! Good service. Convenient location!

Room had no hot tub

From the site it seemed like all the rooms had a hot tub but that's not the case

• Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Need better breakfast and softer bed

The greeting was awsome and cleanliness was satisfying

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

I didnt like anything from the hotel @ all !!

Toilet needed some maintenance

Inside

Outside

Very clean.... Very friendly

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Overall, I was very pleased with my stay. It was affordable, clean, and a good overnight stop during my roadtrip!

Extended breakfast time

Cereal was really good, pool was amazing!!

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

Clean pleasant room Pool was very well kept

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

It was clean and we'll maintained

Clean.... safe.

The breakfast.

Everything was good.

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

mattress was old and hard, breakfast wasn't worth it. just cereal, and no coffee at 10am

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The room smelled horrible and the bed was really uncomfortable

Very clean & helpful staff

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

Room has no coffee maker. Breakfast is skinpy and over priced.

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

Clean comfortable room. Mattress was excellent and bathroom was newly renovated. Quiet neighbors

Quality price goid

Everything was good

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

very small towel -boring breakfast

quite place

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

The use of microwave would have been nice in each room. It was hard to use the shampoo and conditioner dice it was a slippery package

Bathroom towels to small

Room was clean

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Heating unit was too loud but worked well keeping the room comfortable Met

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

Clean, quiet and well worth the money. Family owned & operated, they treat their guests very well!!

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

• Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Staff was horrible over the phone needs to be more polite

Bed was to basic make it bigger more fluffy better sheets

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The motel was close to all the facilities we needed to be by...

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Less noise from heating system.

Was near to a wide selection of restaurants. Also close to I - 91. Very nice host. Ice available.

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

Liked the bed very comfortable and the room was clean

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

The desk staff was wonderful. Very nice people. Very clean rooms and comfy beds and pillows. Loved it.

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Very limited breakfast, small lobby with no place to eat.

LARGE room, comfortable bed, large tv, fridge and microwave

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

Spacious, comfortable room with large bathroom and friendly and efficient staff (owner).

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

Short time for breakfast, limited items.

Clean room, friendly owner.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Staff was friendly and the room was clean and comfy!

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Linnen used es "short".

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Receptionist was not welcoming.

Jacuzzi only.