2. USA hotel reviews
  3. Virginia hotel reviews
  4. Arlington hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Red Lion Hotel Rosslyn Iwo Jima

Reviews of Red Lion Hotel Rosslyn Iwo Jima This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

1501 Arlington Boulevard, Arlington, VA 22209, United States of America

#48 of 75 hotels in Arlington

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: February 14, 2019

See the above.

Having to leave a $50 deposit on my credit card. This seems to be a new trend to thwart theft. You don't trust me not to steal the towels, but I'm to trust you to credit back my account. That's not a good dynamic, but, maybe that's just how it is today.

Good location. Staff was friendly and helpful. Room was comfortable. For the price, I feel I got good value for D.C. I would stay there again.

• Reviewed: February 12, 2019

Excellent value for the area
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Interior Entry

Stayed the night before services at Arlington National Cemetery. There is no restaurant on site and the pizza place next door was closed due to a kitchen fire. Certainly not the fanciest hotel in the area but an excellent value for the money. It was clean and the staff very friendly. Very convenient to Arlington.

• Reviewed: February 12, 2019

Very-very good choice if booked in advanced to benefit from low prices and utilise it just for rest.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Interior Entry

Classical fixed (American style) shower with no cord to move around in the bathtub and no different knob for temperature and flow adjustment (one knob for both). I am a European.....I know this is standard American practice somehow (the same was in NY when I visited years ago)....but I don't find it convenient. A/C was old and a bit noisy (I personally do not mind at all as I don't easily wake -up.....but to some that might be a problem). The way to the hotel from the Rosslyn station is a bit under-lighted and of low circulation (was a bit spooky late at night....and will be especially for women). There are some vending and ice machines in the hall which produce GREAT noise when they are in (random) operation. At the beginning, my room was next to them and it was unbearable. Thankfully they had availability and offered me another room away from them. I stayed in the main building. Don't know how the satellite building's room are, BUT I noticed some 3 or 4 huge generators facing these rooms, which produced A LOT of noise and they seemed to work 24/7.

First of all, I have to clear out that when I booked (2,5 months earlier), the price was about at 1/3 of the price of a 3 star hotel in DC center, that i had no breakfast included and that I had a very tight schedule (I usually left the room very early in the morning and returned at around 20:00 every day). So all my comments are under this prism (of the VERY competitive price I got and the lack of experience regarding nutrition). The hotel room (366) was comfortable, spacious and cleanliness was very good (everyday i had room service, i cannot yet understand how often the sheets were changed but i always had the impression that they were clean). WiFi was very good (although i had some connection problems at the beginning, but when i called reception they immediately arranged it). There are basic bathroom amenities (including individual shower gel/shampoo). VERY large TFT TV, full ironing equipment, fair closet, fridge, small oven(or maybe microwave - i did not use it). It requires a 10 minute walk (it is NOT much) to the central Rosslyn metro station (lots of buses, metro that takes you to DC center in less than 10' and VERY convenient 5A bus connection to Dulles). Has a small gym (runway, bike and 1-2 gym multi machines - I did not visit it due to exhausting walking tours I had, but otherwise I would and I believe it adds a lot to the hotel. In all, for my price and assigned room (please see negative points) the choice was excellent.

• Reviewed: February 11, 2019

A good stay while saving some money.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Interior Entry

A little bit old furniture and interior environment inside the room.

Location - great, minutes of walk to Rosslyn, metro station and Georgetown. Valuable - <$70 for a clean, convenient stay near DC Staff - friendly and helpful. Generally a good stay while saving money.

• Reviewed: February 10, 2019

Functional and fine

Peeling wallpaper Bathroom could use some TLC Fluctuating water temp Hair found in bed More motel than hotel (This is not necessarily bad, just be aware of the things that come along with this design, such as layout and exterior-facing rooms.)

Good location Good value for the price On-site parking Generally clean Surprisingly large fridge Comfy bed Late check-out Overall, its price relative to what you get is pretty hard to beat in this area. Free parking is a huge plus, especially for NoVa/DC. If you only need a place to sleep for a night or two, you’d be hard-pressed to find a better alternative. Would recommend.

• Reviewed: February 10, 2019

My stay was really good
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Exterior Entry

There was not a coffee pot in the room, however the microwave and refrigerator made up for it.

The bed was very comfortable. This trip was a last minute getaway. We really enjoyed ourselves. We just stayed in the area and went to local restaurants and shopped at the mall. Which was very convenient due to the location of the hotel

• Reviewed: February 9, 2019

It’s very old and outdated.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Exterior Entry

It’s very old and outdated. That said, it was probably as clean as it could be considering it’s age and condition. At the moment there’s something going on at the on-site restaurant- it’s closed for repair- and the parking lot has several large loud generators running ALL THE TIME. I was able to sleep through it but be forewarned!!

• Reviewed: February 8, 2019

To whom it may concern:
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Interior Entry

To whom it may concern: Unfortunately, I had to fly over to DC to get my son’s passport before an international flight I already have planned for next week. I was going to book a hotel for tonight, Feb. 5, but since I was in rush, I made a mistake about check in day and booked for tomorrow Feb. 6. So, I would really appreciate it if you would cancel my reservation for free as it is a great deal for me to pay the penalty on top of the costs I have to pay for this last minute trip. Thanks for your understanding, Mehrdad Eshraghi

• Reviewed: February 4, 2019

Not bad, not great. Very middle of the road. Staff was nice.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Exterior Entry

The room was advertised as having two queen size beds. We were very disappointed when we arrived to find they only had full size beds in the rooms. This was one of the main reasons we chose this location over others.

Location was good and they were accommodating for our early arrival. They allowed us to go ahead and obtain parking passes early and let us in the room an hour before check in time.

The staff was wonderful.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Exterior Entry

Our room could have been cleaner- there was something on our wall they finally had house keeping clean the wall.Fresh coffee in the mornings would have been nice maybe something simple like toast, juice, etc...And the restaurant and bar next door were down for electrical issues. Knowing ahead would have been nice.

The staff was wonderful. Reception was very kind and welcoming. Danielle and Jade were very kind and nice. We had some confusing issues and danielle was amazing..she was very patient with us. Location was fine if you've ever been to DC you'll understand...and they had parking !!! I dont thing they could have been any nicer, helpful or accommodating..... I couldnt thank them enough. Being out first time there in DC we were clueless on where to go eat. They had copies of places and helped with directions.... it can get very confusing...use GPS even walking

• Reviewed: February 2, 2019

Convenient walk to metro.

Instant coffee in lobby only also met another guest at coffee station who was very upset with this. Restaurant onsite closed generators running all night in parking lot.

Convenient walk to metro.

• Reviewed: February 2, 2019

An excellent week-long stay in the Red Lion. Will be there again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Interior Entry

A bit more variety in the free hot drinks. Would have been great to have a kettle in the room.

Very helpful Staff at the Reception. House keeping Staff were also very smart. Always ready to answer questions.

• Reviewed: January 31, 2019

Very comfortable and pleasant stay and will be back next time I return to the DMV area.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Interior Entry

I could here dogs barking, children running up and down the halls, and the housekeepers talking but again it wasn't a huge negative on the hotel because it's out of their control just a little annoying during my peace and quiet time. Once I turned the TV on it drowned most of the noise :-) .

The room was very comfortable and clean except for the refrigerator freezer area but that wasn't a huge negative on the hotel; didn't even notice it until the last day of my stay and I was making sure I emptied it before checking out. Afternoon staff was very accommodating and friendly. Wifi wasn't working for me and I called the front desk and the representative was very helpful he walked me through how to get connected (Public Wifi) and stayed on the phone with me to make sure I got connected and was happy. Housekeeping was amazing they made sure that my room was cleaned everyday of my stay. The heater heats the room quickly. The TV remote took about 2 minutes to start working after pressing the power button but after the first day I didn't have any issues. Very close to Fort Myer military base and the airport. Uber eats delivered right to the door so I didn't have to leave the room expect for work. Overall was very satisfied with the hotel and will be staying here from now on when I return to DC.

• Reviewed: January 29, 2019

Didn’t change sheets after 3rd or 4th day-bed became itchy. Restaurant and bar across the street closed due to kitchen fire. Was bummed about that

Everything almost perfect, great stay

• Reviewed: January 28, 2019

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Interior Entry

Everything because the property put on the hotel page you get double rooms and two queen size beds not true you get tow full size beds in one room double means two rooms not one the hotel don’t look like nothing on the pictures they share no more hotels like this all original hotels from now on very disappointed

• Reviewed: January 24, 2019

Location was very good.

They shut down the water in my last day due to maintenance. They did shared a notice but it was Very inconvenient.

Location was very good. Very clean. Very well organized.

• Reviewed: January 24, 2019

Wont stay here again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Interior Entry

A complete building water shut off notice was shoved under my door after my first night. Effective 8 AM despite a 12 check out time. Questioned front desk and requested partial refund and the reply was it was an emergency and since I was given advance notice there would be no accommodation. If it was an emergency why was water on?

• Reviewed: January 19, 2019

We had a great stay and will recommend to others and will attempt to rent ourselves again in future
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Exterior Entry

there was a sense of cold air across the floor... door seal may have been lacking. We had to leave early because of impensing weather for safe travel.... sad we missed our last night with you.

appreciated the sinks....one in bath and one at vanity outside bath... nice!

• Reviewed: January 16, 2019

The price was excellent, the location was good and the beds...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Exterior Entry

The staff was brusque upon check in. The restaurant is closed due to a fire, One of the beds did not have a sheet on the boxspring so it showed its wear...dirt and tears on it. Wi fi was terrible. There were also holes/screws in the wall.

The price was excellent, the location was good and the beds very comfortable.

• Reviewed: January 14, 2019

Just what we needed to be honest
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Interior Entry

The access from the road is a little bit confusing at first.

The parking facilitites were excellent. The room was okay, nothing special. Even though the hotel/motel is alongside a road it was relatively quiet. Perfect for a car trip, stay for when visiting DC/Arlington.

• Reviewed: January 14, 2019

There are much better otions (similarly priced) available closeby....
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Interior Entry

Beds are old and uncomfortable. Aircon mad so much noise, I had to eventually turn it off in order to get some sleep.

Nothing much, other than there was someone at the reception at 3am to check us in...

It was easy to find.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Interior Entry

I thought they had an on-site restaurant. It was closed due to a fire.

It was easy to find. Their directions on their website were absolutely perfect they led us straight to the place I couldn’t been happier with the location and the friendliness of the staff.

• Reviewed: January 13, 2019

The location, price, and cleanliness.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Exterior Entry

Guy at checkin was rude. We were put in the wrong room and he wasn’t eager to fix it, but my husband convinced him to make it right. No elevator for exterior rooms making it difficult to get luggage up to second floor.

The location, price, and cleanliness. The queen beds are very comfortable. I highly recommend the exterior queen room over the interior full room! We were initially put in a full room by mistake. The full beds were VERY small and droopy in the middle. The room felt much smaller too. Luckily, we were only in there for about 10 minutes before our problem was resolved. Coffee, tea, and water available in lobby all day. There are some nice, affordable restaurants on Wilson Street which is a short walk away up the hill. Parking is scarce, so walking is best if possible. The Metro isn’t too far, but there is parking at Ronald Reagan building for $15-25 for all day if you are seeing DC sights. They also have an affordable food court in the RR building.

• Reviewed: January 7, 2019

Okay
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Exterior Entry

Two the ice machines were out of order soda machine is running out soda $50 security deposit and pool was closed a certain time of the year

The room was real nice

• Reviewed: January 3, 2019

Excellent location and great price which meant we got to...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Exterior Entry

Nothing our stay was wonderful.

Excellent location and great price which meant we got to stay an extra day! Loved the decor in our room. Plenty of places to order delivery from and we walked to a coffee place every day for breakfast. Plenty of parking and free. Yet another bonus. We will stay again on our next trip.

• Reviewed: January 1, 2019

close to the subway station, just a 10-minute walk
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Exterior Entry

The staff first arranged us two rooms closest to an ice machine with a lot of noises. I think she just purposely arranged us two worst rooms.

close to the subway station, just a 10-minute walk

• Reviewed: December 31, 2018

The location of the hotel is just 6 minutes from the...

The carpet in the rooms were disgusting. It would make such a difference if they would replace them.

The location of the hotel is just 6 minutes from the monument and good places to eat! The price was also a plus.

• Reviewed: December 31, 2018

I have been there several times . I don't know if I will return.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Interior Entry

We had only one day of room service. One would think that being away for 7to 9 hours would give them a chance to clean without bothering us.

Closeness to the subway.

• Reviewed: December 30, 2018

Very nice.

It's a little expensive but all the hotels in Washington are. It was worth it because the accommodations were spacious, clean and comfortable.

Very convenient hotel, near a target, metro station, bus station. The neighborhood is very nice but leave the car at the hotel, the traffic is crazy.

• Reviewed: December 28, 2018

Good and clean hotel with friendly staff, only a bit old

There were very few power sockets in the room, which made it a challenge now in the age of appliances that need to be charged. The building itself is I think quite old, which also showed in the roof of the parking space. The appliances in the fitness room are old and don't work very well.

The room was very spacious (for European standards), the hotel very clean and the personnel was very friendly. I found a great deal on Booking so my expectations were low, but it was absolutely as good as other hotels where I paid double the price for per night. We didn't try the breakfast.

• Reviewed: December 26, 2018

Excellent experience!

No breakfast included.

I really like this place. The room is really clean, and quiet. Also, it’s only a few minutes away from Georgetown Univeristy! Excellent option for travelers who want to see beautiful Arlington! I also like the parking, very safe.

• Reviewed: December 26, 2018

Great neighborhood location. Would definitely stay there again.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Exterior Entry

Excellent, courteous staff. They were very accommodating with directions and early check-in. It was also nice to have use of a computer and printer in the lobby. Our room was clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: December 24, 2018

Nice. The subway lines were easy to figure out but buying a subway ticket was painful without help.

The ice maker on our floor was out. There were not a lot of restaurants around to eat at that we came across during out stay. There was a panera bread and a want-to-be Thai restaurant next door to Safeway. However there is a target and SafeWay within walking distance. The prices as Target are much better than Safeway in general. However, Safeway had food to go such as fried/baked chicken at a fair price as well as side items for eating. Target did not have any hot and ready as well as ready convenience foods think potato salad, mac salad, etc. Otherwise the prices at Target were better for just about everything else you might want for eating while out during the day including snacks.

Very nice stay. Subway was close by and they had maps to help you locate the subway which was very helpful.

• Reviewed: December 19, 2018

Wouldn't recommend to others. Thin walls, no food, horrible lighting, poor security measures.

Check in could have included a little information for accessing the nearest Metro. We walked a longer path for the first two days before finding a map near the bathrooms in the lobby (Not in normal view of the check in process) The doors from the parking garage into the hallway were the rooms are located had key card readers but were NOT locked at all. Anybody could walk into the hotel and not be seen by staff. Poor security mindset and sad that the doors did not work. The lighting in the room was atrocious. We had to turn on every light in order to see anything. We were also on the first floor so we didn't feel like opening the curtains was a great idea. On the website, photos of the restaurant are included and show that we are able to get food while in the hotel. The restaurant is closed and we had to travel a greater distance in order to get food. Very deceiving. Walls are very thin and we were bothered by a loud group in the room next to us.

The location was good with easy access to the metro. There were a lot of restaurants in the local area.

• Reviewed: December 17, 2018

It was much below the expectation.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Exterior Entry

The front desk behavior was so unprofessional and disappointing. No lift, no room service and no restaurant in-house or at a close distance.

The morning coffee.

• Reviewed: December 17, 2018

Ok but bring your own food and personal supplies.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Interior Entry

No breakfast and a big loss the restaurant close by was closed.The coffee bar only offered flavored creamers no real milk.No shampoo or body wash supplied.

Staff was very helpful.

• Reviewed: December 16, 2018

Perfect location for an inexpensive stay close to Arlington National Cemetery.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Exterior Entry

It was a bummer that the advertised restaurant, Ledos Pizza, was closed. Several other dining options had closed as well, like Ruby Tuesday. We did finally find a good place to eat with kids, and ordered pizza another day. It would have been more convenient if the hotel restaurant was open and some other close by ones were still in business.

We booked this hotel in order to attend Wreaths Across America at Arlington Cemetery. It was the perfect distance to the cemetery, to the Iwo Jima monument, and to plenty of dining options. Perfect place!

• Reviewed: December 10, 2018

Very cool room and building!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Interior Entry

The guy who started my Check in was very impolite and rude. I feel very uncomfortable and unsafe with him. Which scared me and my family. Thank God that we sow him just on the first day.

Very cool room and building!

• Reviewed: December 9, 2018

Excellent stay, at good location, with very friendly and helpful front desk staff.

Everything was as expected. Great value or the price paid.

The location and friendly staff. They assigned me an inside room, with elevator access. Some of the external drive up, motel style rooms have strep stairs, hard to negotiate with suitcases. They provide access to a desktop PC and printer, GREAT.

• Reviewed: December 6, 2018

Great location, excellent facilities and free bikes
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Exterior Entry

Still pretty far to the museums and memorials. Tge bikes do not have gears, so driving up the hills is a challenge😆

You can use the bikes they have for free! Ideal for cruising the city without traffic jams. Free parking Proximity to military monuments Friendly staff Room is spotless and looks pretty new

Good enjoyable vacation.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Exterior Entry

We had an issue with the toilet the last nite. The neighbors had a big argument that lasted several hours and into the wee hours of the morning,finally we called the front desk and they were able to get them quieted down some what.

The staff,room,people,price,location,parking where a big plus. The on premises restaurant was great along with the service. Will definitely come again.

• Reviewed: December 3, 2018

The location was very good.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Interior Entry

The location was very good. However, the room management (cleaning) was very poor. I stayed the hotel for 5 days. They cleaned my room just once. The worst thing was 'Cockroach'... I saw 'cockroach' in my room.

good value for money
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Exterior Entry

the complimentary coffee should be better provided all day long like most hotels, there is no kettle in the room which was a little disappointing

The room was spacious, clean bathroom, fresh towels were supplied every day, coffee is provided for free at the reception, but only available in the morning, toothbrushes are available on request at the reception

• Reviewed: December 2, 2018

Great stay!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Exterior Entry

This Hotel was really great! Loved the bed and pillows sooo much! I mean probably the most comfortable bed I've ever had at a hotel! The shower was really amazing too. Very cozy. Close to sites. And checkout is noon which is very convenient!

• Reviewed: December 1, 2018

Don't hesitate to stay here
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Exterior Entry

Everything was good. I mean you get what you pay for so don't expect the world. But it's 10/10 for the price to quality ratio.

Great location, easy parking, clean room.

• Reviewed: November 30, 2018

Comfortable Bed & Pillows, But Why No Glass/Cup?

In my room, there were a fridge and a microwave oven, but why were there no (drinking-water) glasses or no cups at all? I'd never seen a hotel room without a glass or a cup for drinking water.

The bed mattress and the pillows were firm and comfortable. The room walls were soundproof, creating a quiet & peaceful atmosphere. There was a restaurant right in the hotel area, which was very convenient. The Rosslyn Metro Station is just a 10-minute walk from this hotel.

• Reviewed: November 30, 2018

Enjoyable, with good access to Washington.

Treadmill in gym broke down as soon as I used it! One of the main reasons I booked this hotel was that it advertised a gym. This has happened to me before in different hotels-treadmills unusable. Do not know what can be done about this:clearly a picture of a treadmill in a hotel's publicity photos may be misleading!

Friendly staff, huge bed!

• Reviewed: November 27, 2018

good location, fairly clean facilities, free parking

soap & shampoo provided was not a great quality. bathroom door hinge was rusted, seems it needs a replacement. desk chair was beaten up used chair.

good location, fairly clean facilities, free parking

• Reviewed: November 26, 2018

very comfy stay at great price
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Exterior Entry

Slightly dated rooms - mould in bathroom

Very comfortable room, very comfy beds. Excellent price. Good restaurant just off of carpark which served breakfast

• Reviewed: November 26, 2018

The location is great.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Exterior Entry

The property is in a great location. However, the bathrooms could use more attention from management. There was visible mildew on the bathroom ceiling. The controls for the shower need to be changed to lever controls.

The location is great. Staff was friendly and helpful. The price couldn’t be beat.

• Reviewed: November 25, 2018

Friendly staff. Great location. Good price. Free parking!!!! Fire alarm system needs renovation.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Interior Entry

Cheap small soap bars. No tissues in bathroom. For second time within a few months, the fire alarm has been activated. This time at around 6 a.m. The last time in the middle of the night.

Price and location.

• Reviewed: November 22, 2018

Good value for money, not too far from DC and comfy beds.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Exterior Entry

Heater/ac unit was weird, big gap between the cold when the heater was off and super hot when it was finally done heating, we woke up multiple times to change the settings

Good value for money, not too far from DC and comfy beds.

• Reviewed: November 20, 2018

Deed some attention

The hotel is run down and needs some attention. It felt dirty to me. Could not stay there for one more night. There are vending machines in the corridor and makes a hell of a noise. The friendly staff did come and turn it off.

The hotel was easy to find and good location

• Reviewed: November 19, 2018

Very bad experience
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Exterior Entry

The lady who checked us in was very slow and rude. The bathrooms are old and very dirty. I would never stay there again or recommend this hotel/motel to family and friends

The rooms are spacious

• Reviewed: November 19, 2018

Good 3 night stay in DC

Super comfortable king size bed Quiet area with a couple places around to grab a quick bite Less than 10 minutes walking from Rosslyn metro, which is 15 minutes away from the National Mall Good value for the price

• Reviewed: November 14, 2018

BED BUGS, Traumatic, hazardous to health and personal property
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Exterior Entry

I was supposed to hear from the hotel's insurance company within 24-48 hours to go over compensation for the physical trauma and personal property loss I suffered at Red Lion Iwo Jima because of a bed bug infestation. It's been over a week, and I've heard nothing- and no one from the hotel's management is returning emails.

Found live bed bugs in room 109; pretty bad infestation, fecal stains on the sheets, etc. I ended up with several bites and a bad rash. They switched my room, however the new one had signs of an infestation too. The guest services manager, Charles Cochraham, has been extraordinarily unresponsive. One of the managers, Leeanne, gave me a (very) partial refund (I was there 12 nights for business), on the spot when presented with one of the live bed bugs, however I've already spent far more money on dry cleaning, replacing personal property, a medical visit, and the specialty bed bug heater I had to purchase to clean my belongings on my return home. Very upsetting all around, and no one from management is returning my emails.

Good!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Exterior Entry

Was easy to get to. Staff was helpful. It was quiet and comfortable. The hinge on the bathroom door needed to be tighten and they come right away and fixed it.

• Reviewed: November 13, 2018

All my expectations were met and more.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Exterior Entry

...not much to gripe about. Since they are attached to the motel, I'll include this critique of Ledos. The OJ was very weak. I don't think it was real orange juice. Tang tastes better. As stated before, Ledos has excellent food and the waitstaff I encountered was super attentive and friendly.

Staff was efficient, friendly and available when needed. The suspended crosswalk providing access to Arlington Cemetery was one of the reasons I chose Red Lion. There was no need to drive there which kept our visit simple. I like simple. Ledos (restaurant) was a big plus. Really good food, convenient and they do carry out service. Amenities of Red Lion were fine and what I expected for that type of property. The feel of the place was real friendly and veteran oriented, so it felt like family. Lots of the clientele were vets while I was there. I would return with no hesitation.

• Reviewed: November 13, 2018

I basically used the room for the bed. Enjoyed seeing my Veteran friends.

I didn’t like the fact that they don’t leave drinking cups or coffee makers in the rooms anymore. The coffe makers i can do without, but drinking cups should be provided for brushing teeth, etc.

It’s familiar, i’v been staying there (once a year) for many years.

• Reviewed: November 13, 2018

The hotel was well-appointed and warm, comfortable.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Choice of restaurants and cafes limited.

The hotel was well-appointed and warm, comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful. It was close to the metro for easy access to Washington.

• Reviewed: November 13, 2018

Totally satisfied for value, relaxing, location, ambiance, access to food, sights, road net.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Interior Entry

Seriously, not one bad or disappointing thing.

Location, staff, facility, ambiance, COFFEE, rooms, bath, interior halls, desk staff, maint staff, housekeeping, underground parking, proximity to Ledos, close to metro n iwo jima, uber access, Close to GW. 😊

• Reviewed: November 13, 2018

Least expensive place to stay in Arlington that's convenient to DC
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Exterior Entry

No coffee/tea dispenser in the room. This was available in the lobby. If you're using NAV for this location please use 1501 Fairfax Drive NOT 1501 Arlington Blvd. Fairfax drive is the actual location of this motel/hotel. Arlington Blvd is their mailing address.

Location was near the Rosslyn Metro Station - about 8 minute walk; then you can go anywhere in the DC area. The price was exceptional for the location. About 1 mile from Arlington Cemetery. For extended stay you're about 1 mile from Safeway Grocery store (underground parking) and Target (across the street). The office has a list of locations for things to do, restaurants, etc.

• Reviewed: November 12, 2018

I would recommend this place to stay for anyone visiting National cemetary for price an convenience

not all of my party were together. Half were in courtyard which I could not have stayed in. Luckily I had a room in the main building which was very nice

room was very nice and clean staff were very helpful loved the coffee and newspaper liked connection to restaurant/bar front desk handled the billing very well which was a special request

• Reviewed: November 11, 2018

You get what you pay for.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Exterior Entry

No lift for second floor to carry luggage.

You get what you pay for. Subway station was nearby. CVS seven 11 and target was within 10 mins walk. No option for halal food and u have to go far areas to for halal food in evenings. Overall its good for business trip.

• Reviewed: November 10, 2018

excellent place and great value
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Exterior Entry

pool was closed for repairs

Everything was good except pool was closed for repairs. 8 minute walk to Metro and the stop for inexpensive Bus to Dulles airport

• Reviewed: November 9, 2018

Motel with the internal entry option. Value for money. Away from DC. Good for Arlington.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Interior Entry

Design is more like a motel, so be aware. Because of the motel design, half the facility has external entrances, which raises questions on security - I wouldn't feel safe in a room with an external entry, because there's no gate at the hotel entrance. You can pick internal entry rooms, which is what we did. Also note that the swimming pool is closed in fall and winter. We went late October & it was closed. There is a diner sharing the same campus with the hotel, but I'm not sure if they'd deliver should you get hungry in the middle of the night. The area it's located doesn't have much options for dining or evening activities. So you'll have to seek a way to get to downtown for any reason.

Nice hotel. Good value for the money. Stay if the reason of your visit is Arlington. If you're there for DC and you cannot afford the hotels downtown, then it might be an acceptable budget option. 7 minutes to metro station. Payment: I made the downpayment online with a virtual card. When I got there, they requested the full payment from my actual credit card, which was a little annoying. But they immediately reimbursed the initial amount even before I asked for it.

• Reviewed: November 7, 2018

The regular coffee was gone fast in the morning, the car...

The regular coffee was gone fast in the morning, the car travelers were probably filling their termoshes leaving nothing left for everyone else, and the vessel was not refilled .... plenty of de-caf but who wants that

• Reviewed: November 7, 2018

As others have said - "A perfect place to get murdered."
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Exterior Entry

Average review score is misleadingly high. The photos don't reflect the reality. Awful value for money. The place is dirty, noisy, run down, inhospitable - one of the worst places we've ever stayed at. The carpet in the room is old, has suspicious stains on it, I'd say it's in a worse state than the carpet in trains of the Washington's metro... Plenty of mould along the bathroom wall. Mould in between the tiles in the bathroom, on the ceiling. AC unit is dirty, full of dust - likely a perfect breeding ground for all sort of nasty things, but you have to use it if it's cold outside, since the door into the room has massive gaps around the perimeter - you can feel the wind blowing through those gaps if you stand within half a meter of the door. The room is dark, fixtures are old and dirty. Super noisy pump behind a wall - if any of your neighbours are taking a shower, you will not sleep. Noisy, rattling fridge.

There's nothing good about this place! Avoid at all costs! Others say the location is great, I don't agree. It's ok, nothing special, there are plenty of hotels with similar or better location.

• Reviewed: November 4, 2018

We stayed there on our previous visit to this area and would definitely stay there again!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Exterior Entry

Tiny packets of shampoo although they willingly gave us additional ones.

Great location, 5 minute walk to Metro stop, friendly helpful staff! The first day, we mentioned that the TV picture was a little bit grainy and they sent someone over 15 minutes later who installed a new cable which fixed the problem! It is also nice to have free on-site parking. The restaurant on site is also a bonus: convenient, reasonably priced, good food.

• Reviewed: November 4, 2018

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

One design feature that I didn't like is the two steps next to the door to the upstairs hallway, which can be hazardous.

I especially like the location--close to the Metro and Georgetown, and there are several good eateries nearby. The bed was very comfortable, the shower pleasant, and the room was kept spotless. There was also plenty of drawer and closet space, and I liked the light in the closet. Ledo''s restaurant next door serves excellent food.

• Reviewed: November 3, 2018

Clean and big rooms, quiet area.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Exterior Entry

No breakfast served. However it's possible to get breakfast in the cafeteria near the hotel.

Clean and big rooms, quiet area. Subways are not far - 10-15 minutes by foot. Closest supermarket is around 10 minutes walk.

• Reviewed: October 31, 2018

Save money by staying in this conveniently located low-rise property featuring spacious rooms.

The web listed breakfast as an amenity, but in fact breakfast was not available in the hotel. No coffee maker in the room; you have to go to the lobby to get coffee, which is only available 6-10 am. Hot water is available 24/7. The TV had very poor picture quality.

Good value for Arlington area. Comfortable bed, spacious room. I really liked having a refrigerator and microwave. The hotel was surprisingly quiet, being adjacent to a busy road.

• Reviewed: October 30, 2018

It was well worth my savings.

Not having access to convenient purchases close by. Ie, water, razors etc.

The comfort and price in addition to the quality staff (and the close proximity to thriving neighborhoods), far exceeded my expectation upon first glance. Yes, it looks a bit run down and it’s not fancy but all the money saved went toward fun excursions. (And parking is free!)

• Reviewed: October 30, 2018

Never again and could not recommend.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Exterior Entry

Previous to my arrival at this hotel, I lost my purse in Boston. My credit card was cancelled before my purse and contents were all returned. My bank advised a new card would be sent to this hotel and should be there before I was. I also believed that I had already paid this hotel until I received the booking.com email. I had rung the hotel and spoke to Charles explaining the whole situation to him, and further, that my card should be there when I got there. He was happy to do this at the time. However when I got there he advised me they had not received any letter from a courier for me. So while still in the lobby, next to the reception desk (where he could hear my conversations), I spoke to both my bank and Mastercard (to get an emergency payment of my money to Western Union asap). This payment however did not get processed that night and I did not have enough USD on me. I did have a bit of Australian dollars that at 9.25pm that night I was able to get a Uber to an exchange place to change it to USD which enabled me to pay their $300 security bond and therefore stay the night only. The next morning I was receiving aggressive calls from another reception member about paying the rest of the money. I explained that I’d only received a call to advise my payment had gone through and I had to work out which WU to collect it from. I was told I had until 9pm that night to pay. I rang many WUs, most did not have the amount I was given, or were not able to give out that money. Took me until 6pm that night to find somewhere I could collect that much money from anywhere. So for 24 hours I was super stressed and believed I would be both homeless and hungry out in the rain and cold. Yet this man did not waiver in telling a 70 year old woman, on her own, that if I had no money, I had no place to stay, absolutely no compassion despite knowing exactly what was happening. Receptionist Leonie was powerless, but did support me where she could.

• Reviewed: October 29, 2018

The staff was friendly and helpful.

The staff was friendly and helpful. The location was great for what we were doing in DC. The parking was free! I would have been nice if the pool was open.

We Price Match