Reviews of Red Lion Inn and Suites Brooklyn 3 stars

279 Butler Street, Brooklyn, NY 11217, USA

#41 of 65 hotels in Brooklyn

Not what I expect from Holiday Inn Express.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel was not nice. The elevator was broke for several days. The ice machine was broke. I had to go up and down 8 flights of stairs on a daily basis. The juice machine broke.. does breakfast area was crowded, there were no where to sit.

The breakfast food. The staff was semi nice.

Wrong room bad service
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was not correct order a 2 double bed and was given a king. Please note the red lion inn was being renovated so they moved us to the Holiday Inn Express on Union. King bed for three people but wait they offered me pillows and blankets to sleep on the floor .. Really

👎 the. Only good thing was the breakfast

Would definitely go back!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Juice machine wasn't working well at breakfast; screen was ripped on window -- but otherwise, all good

Bed was very comfortable -- A/C works very well!

5.5
    First of all, I would like to thank the receptionist for...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

First of all, I would like to thank the receptionist for trying her best at solving the problem caused by your company. Recently I came to check in and was greeted with an error in your reservation system. Through an unforeseen series of event we found out that our reservation which would last from the 27th to the 30th of May would be interrupted due to the hotel being reserved entirely on the 29th. The purpose of reservations is eliminating the stress of looking for free rooms and this kind of event is unacceptable. I appreciate the quick solving provided by the receptionist at such a late hour but this should not have happened in the first place. Cleaning services have stopped after the first day and as a result the trash stacked into a pile the size of the desk. The breakfast was a mess. The drink dispenser had mixed all its contents i to a diluted dew. Besides that, the food was of poor quality. To top it all the elevator had broken just when we needed it so we had to carry a ton of luggage up and down the stairs between the lovby and the 6th floor. I would’ve given a 2 star review but the internet is awful so I’ll stick to one.

New girl at the reception was very nice.
    • King Room with Whirlpool

Weird people at lower floors. The police even came one night.... Room hasn’t been made every day. The floor hasn’t been clean during our stay.

New girl at the reception was very nice. Bed was good. Not too far from subway.

The room is okay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

We lived fives days here. We needed to go to front desk and asked for new towels, shampoo and tissue everyday! :( if you stay two days more, they do not really clean room even take out the trash.

The room is okay.

staff is very willing with the limited resources they have
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

-too noisy in the hallway during night -no clean towels -limited breakfast -limited space in the breakfast room -no restock of toiletpaper -very small rooms, photo’s on the website are taken by a wide angle fish-eye lens, optical illusion to trick the customers

staff is very willing with the limited resources they have

We had a great time in Brooklyn and the hotel contributed to that.
    • Basic Queen Room - Disability Access

We were still jet-lagged and were hoping breakfast would last a bit longer, at least 10:00 am.

Outside, the hotel's immediate location and the environment appeared down-market and we were concerned, however, once inside we were pleasantly surprised. The staff, the facilities and our room were all good.

Total disappointment !
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Sharing elevator with dirty laundry. Area is filthy with garbage. Streets seem unsafe. Room is very small with no chair or desk. Price was also very high for such a low class hotel.

Room was clean but staff not accommodating at all.

Parking was a little higher than others in the area. They were not flexible at all with check in and check out. There was a lot of staff hanging out in hallways and lobby. Room was very small even for NYC standards. Too far from subway.

Room was clean.

Very small room for 4 people; misadvertised capacity for 5 people.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

1) Strong marijuana smell at night. 2) Booking.com said the room would fit 5 people but they have no such rooms. Was a very small 4 person room, no space for a cot. 3) Very slow, unhelpful check-in process. 4) Noisy air vent.

1) At first we thought there were shady people all around us, but later it was clear there were normal tourists and it wasn't scary. 2) Friendly staff jumped to help us when we were leaving.

The bed was really comfortable, perfect to come back to...

Water took a while each morning to heat up, the area felt fairly unsafe. Reception staff was not what I'd call friendly or approachable. The staff failed to tell us there was a large group staying at the time which meant the small breakfast area was completely at capacity most mornings. Very minimal things to eat at breakfast if you are vegetarian, even so, the only hot food available was bacon and eggs. WiFi wasn't the best.

The bed was really comfortable, perfect to come back to after a long day exploring the city! We were able to leave luggage on our last day in storage.

It was clean
    • Standard Room with Double Bed and Single Bed

I was informed that the system was down when I entered. Therefore I was told that they would charge my charge card and then refund the money once my stay was over based on the fact that I had already paid a month in advance through Booking.com. When the system came back up the next day I was told that the refund would take 5 to 7 business days. After that I called to make sure that it was taken care of and I was told by another employee That the refund Had been done and that I should see it soon in my account. This happened twice after speaking to the same employee and after asking for the manager multiple times was told that he wasn’t available. A week and I called again only to be told by another employee that they could not process the refund until unmanaged came in. Long story short I’m still waiting for my refund and have to call between three and 11 In order to speak to a manager who can process the refund for the third time. This is unacceptable.

It was clean

The people I dealt with at the front desk were very helpful.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

It is a non-smoking property, but the people across the hall were definitely smoking...not pleasant. Not the greatest neighbourhood, but I liked that there was security on each floor. Also, the walls are very thin and we could hear people talking clearly. Also, breakfast was not great...not enough food. There was a team of teenage males there, though, so that may have had something to do with it!

The people I dealt with at the front desk were very helpful. The internet was down, but the sweet girl at the front desk helped me to do my online check in for my flights the next. Also, the night lady, Anna, was very sweet when we checked out, gave us water and chocolate, and called a taxi for us! Thank you!

Staff was very nice, location was good and property was nice...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast was poor, had a waffle machine but never waffles and would have liked a better variety

Staff was very nice, location was good and property was nice and clean

Although the facilitity and breakfast didn't meet my expectations the staff, (Especially at the fron
    • Standard Room with Double Bed and Single Bed

The breakfast was not what I expected. Although it had a variety of choices I found that the juices were watered down as well as the waffle mix. Also the the wall are very thin so you could here everything. Especially from outside as well as the guest in the next rooms.

The staff was very helpful and very pleasant. ALL

I would not recommend staying here
    • Standard Room with Double Bed and Single Bed

Garbage trucks unload across the street from the hotel so starting at about 4am all you hear are these trucks blowing their horns. There was one elevator which was continually getting stuck. The 5th floor which was non-smoking reeked of pot. The card keys need to be re-programmed daily, which you don't know until you get to your room. The bathroom was noisy, sounded like a washer was running all night and the pipes carried the sound to our bathroom

Staff was friendly, beds were very comfortable

Hideaway in Downtown Brooklyn
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was very far walking distance from the train station A and the Atlantic Terminal.

The property was clean and modern. The night staff was very friendly and helpful to act on an issue I had.

Good value for location

Ice maker was extremely loud, right outside the room door. Plumbing pipes in the bathroom wall constantly shook and banged, which required the bathroom door to be shut while trying to sleep.

Staff were pleasant. Check-in was efficient. Bed was comfortable. Shower had good water pressure, and the offered toiletries were quite nice. Breakfast was slightly above expectations.

When I first arrived it looked somewhat decent.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I didn't like the fact that they don't let you know at check in that they have a shelter program. I also didn't like the way I found out about the shelter program.

When I first arrived it looked somewhat decent. I thought it would of been an enjoyable stay, that was not the case. If you're staying for just 2 to 5 days it can be somewhat enjoyable. Would not recommend for long stay and definitely not recommended for parents to stay with small children.

Hotel Description
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I didn't like how the fact that one of the manager insulted me after I've been staying at the hotel for 25 nights. Managers are there to help the guest/ customers to the best of their ability, however, this one manager did absolutely nothing to help me as a valid paying guest, he was very mean,uncooperative, and told me "I had to vacate the room I was in and that he wasn't going to give me any special treatment as this is a place of business" thus causing me to put a lot of pressure on myself. ( I spent over $2,300 in hotel stay, I didn't deserve to hear all those mean words coming from a manager. I am a paying customer and I wasn't asking for a free stay.) As I went downstairs to ask to speak to the general manager which wasn't available, I was told that he should be in the building on Monday, therefore I'm waiting to speak to him.

It looks like it could have been a better hotel if the owner would make some changes and new policy.

😔🤐
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I called prior to arriving, inquiring about parking was told that they did not offer parking. When I arrived the man asked me for $35 a day for parking. For 4 people the room that I had was sooo small it felt like we were all sleeping in one bed and using the bathroom in the closet. I know that we should have recieved a bigger size room for the amount of people that the reservation for. all of the eggs were burnt for breakfast, you really didn't have a choice or whether you like cheese or not. No juice in juice machine only water.

It was close and convenient, all of the staff members were nice and helpful, also I was happy that I was able to stay somewhere that did not serve pork products🤣

Not worth the stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I didn't like the fact that it was small it did not have a mirror in the room for you to look at yourself only mirror was in the bathroom I didn't like how you had to pay $40 for parking in the parking was in the front of the building they said valet parking no one valet park your car it was not worth $40 parking should be free

I like that it was clean

Business Trip

Some of the other guest that were there weren't exactly respectful but that does not count against this facility.

Very nice rooms and nice breakfast selection. Staff was great and very friendly. Gave me a complementary bottle of water and a candy bar with a nice note attached.

I would recommended for a short stay and if you have a budget
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

That we had to ask for towels every day and they were tiny. The rooms are tiny, it gets to you after a while...

The staff does their best but you can tell they are under staffed. However, they were always really nice. The location is great, 7 min to the underground.

Comfortable. Convenient. Cozy.

Breakfast. The sausage was burnt and that they could have scrambled eggs instead of that egg patty crap.

The toiletries. Bed was very comfortable. Overall a nice room nothing too fancy but very clean and comfortable.

Comfy beds, clean and reasonably priced

Breakfast was disappointing, shower setting was broken so temperature was either boiling hot or freezing cold, receptionists not particularly helpful or welcoming.

Comfy beds, clean and reasonably priced

I suffered.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The attitude of the staffs, noise from outside the street and inside the corridor of the hotel. The air conditioner does not work effectively, sometimes too hot, sometimes too cold. The room is very small, smelly and not clean.

The location is somewhat near downtown.

We had a comfortable stay in this hotel with 3 kids. We really appreciate the service of the staff.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Good location, Hotel was very clean, staff was friendly, breakfast was fantastic, coffee is available all the day through. We recommend this hotel in New York though it is not heart of the city is connected to most of the attractions in NY, very close to Brooklyn walk, close to Atlantic avenue shopping center and close to subway.

Basic Hotel with Great Staff

Basic accommodation located in Brooklyn. The hotel is a bit of a walk from Park Slope, Brooklyn Heights and the Barclays Center but those can be reached in 20 minutes on foot. The staff was pleasant and the room was clean.

Don't think I will stay again

I didn't like the fact it said free parking but then when you get there front desk say it $38 a night to park on the property. So we had to drive around looking for parking.

Clean room

Lousey
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

all above and more never would recommend this hotel and it's staff are not welcoming we was out of state and in New York for a funeral and was glad to head home.

nothing the room was very tight and small the bathroom was small and the sink was clog the air conditioner was hiding behind one of the beds could not get to it. you have to pay to park your car$40.00 the price was too high for the commendations.

Plus for location, minus for deposit and one of the front end clerks that tried to steal from us
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

One of the front desk employees tried to steal 4 dollars from us ($4!) and he also charged us $200 deposit even though the receipt said $100. I don't know his name but he was working night shift first day we got there (November 22nd). He tried to use the fact we were tourists and thought we didn't know how to use and count dollars. I didn't like paying deposit at all since you didn't tell us before we got there. Our room key didn't work at the beginning so after all that I thought this was scam and that we are never going to see the room. It took us days to recover from that feeling. Room wasn't cleaned every day. Breakfast would get busy since there were homeless people in the hotel and they would sit in breakfast area for a long time.

Location is great, 10 mins from all brooklyn subway lines. Some of the staff was friendly and did good job like the lady in charge of breakfast area. Breakfast was better than we expected in this kind of budget hotel.

The bed was very comfortable,clean,breakfast is good,didn’t...

The WiFi didn’t work

The bed was very comfortable,clean,breakfast is good,didn’t expected all that ,microwave and fridge in the room,I’m really recommended this hotel to anyone who wanna find a hotel to stay

Will not use again and we visit Brooklyn quite often.

Rooms and bathroom are tiny. Beds are captain beds remind me of a kids room. Bathroom is extremely small, no room to move around. No breakfast or buffet, for the price we paid they should offer breakfast. No good parking.

The young lady at the front desk in the evening. Very nice, polite. I just felt bad that the area she sits has no heat. Close to the door, she had her coat on🙁.

Worst hotel ever.
    • Standard Room with Double Bed and Single Bed

Shower didn’t work, I was charged for parking when no other car in the front lot had a “Valet Parking” pass in the front window. The room was filthy, there was an ongoing noise that was loud as a subway train that continued from night to morning.

Nothing worst hotel ever.

Great for a night at Barclays.

The elevator was slow, lobby very small. The room had a coffee maker, but no coffee cups. Room was not very large, with just enough room to walk around the king bed. Was suitable for a one night stay, but would not want to stay longer.

The hotel was located close to the Barclays Center, where we were going to see a concert. The room was clean, bed was comfortable. Staff were friendly, but we didn't really interact much with them except at check in/out.

if you have no more choice this one might be the one
    • Basic Queen Room - Disability Access

The room is too small.. no more space for our luggage。and the dis-posit is too much, usd200.00. suggest pay by cash.

Clean and not very far from subway, only 15min ,haha

It is what it is .

Room was right next to lobby . It was loud until 1 am . No hair dryer . Some of the front desk workers were not friendly .

The room was clean and bed was comfy .

Excellent service! Close to a really usefull subway station!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff shoulf be train to know the bassics on other languages, all of them know english. I would like the breakfast to be ready at 6am, and it would be nice if they left orange juice available all day (as they do with coffee and tea, but I don't like either). Also I would like them to have a direct e mail, or whats app service for questions, because a internacional calls are hard to find in some places and mean to take a lot of time to go to the place and come back. Also it will be easier and better comunication if costumers don't know english (because they can translate)

Is clean, very comfortable, the staff was very nice, they have very options to eat the breakfast, and the subway station is really close by walking. No with the bags from the airport but for the days you stay is good, and the best part is that the subway station have connection with almost all the lines (1,2,3,4,5,6,N,R,Q,D,B,F and more) and is a principal station, so local or express trains stop there, so wherever you are you will find a station to go back to the hotel without the need of walking until find one. And with the subway in NYC is really complicated so that is a really great advantage. If yoy want to, they change the towells every day, you just have to leave them in the floor, but let's face it, is not necessary and a waste of water (that we should save for the future). And we don't even wash everyday in our homes. 2 o 3 day change is ok. They said nothing about the bedclothes but is even less necessary than the towells. But if you are an obsessive person you can ask for it, they will probably attend your request.

Great location but dirty and small
    • Standard Room with Double Bed and Single Bed

It was not clean when we got there. Hair was in the towels and in The sheets and there were brown stains. Additionally the room had one double and one single bed. Who has ever heard of that? Really odd combo. And there was only one mirror that wasn’t even full length. This is find for an adult and a child but two adults in one room, this is not the place.

The location is right next to barclays so it is not a bad walk to get to restaurants.

New but not very good

The Asian lady receptionist was "cool".... The guy working at canteen was "cool" too... The rate is high.

The hotel is new, the rooms are small but comfortable.

Stay only if you have some event to attend at Barclay's Center.

They charged me twice. Once at the time of check-in, supposedly this amount was blocked and not charged. Secondly, 2 days after I checked-out, they charged me the rent. Pathetic Breakfast with very limited variety. Small dinning area and breakfast timings are also very short. Surrounding area has industrial warehouses. The view from the room's window was horrible. The staff didn't seem interested in addressing guests requirements.

The room was spacious with adequate facilities. 10 minutes walk to Barclay's Center and Atlantic Mall. Arranged a taxi for me for airport drop-off (though the driver almost left me at hotel due to ignorance/ negligence of receptionist who failed to inform the driver about my presence)

Very Disappointing.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

No iron or hair drier. Room was too small to accommodate two large beds. Room not made up on one day despite advising house keeping we would leave at 12.00. Breakfast room too small - need to wait to get table. Location of hotel not good. Immediate area is industrial/derelict.

Bed was comfortable

Nice enough but would try a different location with the same company.

I didn’t like that I asked for a room in my requests away from a high traffic area and then was literally right next to a room that was used by staff where they were constantly in and out. I usually plan 2 getaways a month and use that time to relax it was irritating to say the least. Also the computer wasn’t working at the front desk so I had to wait until the concierge passed off my info to his manager while waiting other staff was passing through the “lobby” with big linen bins and clipped me and my overnight bag as the passed because the space was too narrow to walk. They need to reasses the area. Also it was a hike to get to the nearest train station about 15-20 min walk. Which is unpleasant when carrying bags.

The room was clean. I like how they set up the narrow table with the bench under it utilizing the space in front of the bed. The blackout curtains was a bonus. The bed was king sized as advertised. The was a mini fridge too which is also always a plus. Anything you could think of to eat was all a 10 min walk away. Breakfast was good. The bathroom was full sized and well planned out. Full sized tub if you wanted to soak plus the water temperature stood constant.

Great value
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Everything ok. Dining area was small and crowded

Great breakfast selection especially the cheese omelet. Location was actually very nice. Although seems little industrial in the area there are hidden gems.

Great value for money
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

the room is quite small, there is little room left if you bring a big suitcase.

The beds were very comfortable and big, good breakfast selection and most importantly the breakfast was included. Close to Atlantic Ave Subway station where most subway lines stop, great restaurants, bars and cafes are only a few blocks away. We had an excellent view of the Manhattan Skyline from our room.

Overall nice hotel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

As far as breakfast the waffles were horrific , the batter seemed to be watered down. My first night was extremely noisy due to construction trucks that worked overnight. I was there for 4 days and 3 nights. Our room wasn't cleaned the 2nd day, left with overflowing trash dirty towels and unmade beds. I had to call down to get towels due to that situation.

Overall I had a good experience with RedLion. Front desk staff was friendly. Conveintly located to the event I was there for and within walking distance to the train.

Pretty awful location

The room was quite small. The shower was broken. You are in the middle of the warehouses that surround the Gowanus canal (which is about 700 feet away). Nothing is easy to walk to and we would never walk the surrounding streets after dark.

This place is very well equipped for electronics! Outlets galore! The staff were friendly and professional.

with the exception of the bed comfort I found the stay disappointing and would not return.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I didn't like having to put up a damage deposit on my credit card for each room. Seems insulting and takes awhile to reverse it for people that may have limited room on their cards. The alarm across the street went off 3 times in the night. I realize the hotel can't control this but the location is not ideal the hotel is located in an industrial area which I did not know upon booking.

Beds were very comfy and rooms were clean.

Not good.
    • Standard Room with Double Bed and Single Bed

The staff was not friendly. We were told that if we waited to check in, we would get a room on one of the upper floors. We waited, and were put on the C level, which is basically the basement. The breakfast room was so small and crowded that the line for coffee extended down the hall. We couldn't get near the food. We gave up and went somewhere else.

Extremely unhappy with stay

The staff was fine , the room was horrible ! The window 2nd lock didn't work and there was a stabbing outside the night we stayed ! Also the dead lock on our room also didn't work . The ac was hard to control so we were freezing or hot . No where on booking.com did it state there was a $75 extra security deposit AND a $38 parking fee on top of a waaaay too expensive room !! We will never stay again ! I asked for the parking fee to be waved and they called the boss and he said no . Not a fan at all ! The only reason we didn't leave was we drove a long way and were exhausted !!

The bed was good . That's it

Great value in downtown Brooklyn

The bed was very comfortable and it was a great value. We were only there one night, but the location and price were the deciding factors. Very nice staff and breakfast was a bonus.

ok for a one-night stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Althought breakfast was included in the package, there was no place for us to sit at the breakfast area. We checked out and went for breakfast elsewhere. Also, the door of our room did not close properly. There was a gap. It was ok for just a one night stay but I would not stay for a long period. Staff at front desk are a bit nonchalant. Also, parking should be included. We had to pay close to $40 for parking for 1 day... a bit pricy.

Room was clean in general

Very pleasant and relaxing, I hope to return sometime soon!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The parking spots could have been wider. Otherwise everything about The Red Lion Inn was excellent!

The bagels were fresh and delicious and the tea was hot and steamy. I had the best nights sleep in the comfy beds, the room temperature was perfect. The room looked exactly like the picture on the website. The staff was friendly and helpful. If I ever find myself in Brooklyn again, I would stay there in a heartbeat.

Red Lion Inn and Suites Brooklyn for Family Travel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

It's a taxi ride away from the closest metro (usually costs 20-25 US dollars two way) Six blocks away is a lot of walking for family with young kids.

The breakfast is really good although for three days, it's exactly the same! The beds are comfortable but the room is too small. The staff are friendly and accommodating to all requests.

Great location to see the rest of the city.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

We loved our stay at the Red Lion in Brooklyn! It was the perfect hub for a long weekend in New York. It's super close to great restaurants, shops and bars as well as a quick walk to the subway to get into the city.

good value compared to Manhattan, poor value compared to our stay in Boston and Philly
    • Standard Room with Double Bed and Single Bed

ugly neighborhood - industrial area - graffiti all around - noisy outside at night w/ food cart business right next door

good bed. Great food and drinks within walking distace. easy public transportation within walking distance. Friendly, knowledgable staff

Ghetto

Filled with homeless people , because of that police stopped me in front of hotel thinking I am a dealer when I only been in Ny for 4 hours .. They explained this is a hot spot for crime and apologized

Meh... it was so-so. it fitted our needs

The breakfast area was way to close together.. you couldn't move. It made us feel uncomfortable. $38 a day for parking seems a little steep.

the bed was comfortable. That's it

Decent Short Stay

Dark Streets.

The twin room I booked was comfortable, not that big as others have already mentioned already. Location is quite a bit of walk in the evening and streets are quite dark. However, uber or lyft got me there with in 5mins from Barclays Center.

It was good staying at this place for the location.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

There were some stains on the sheets and housekeeping did a poor job cleaning when it came to cleaning our room. The blinds for the window were half broken. Also, the WiFi for this place was not strong at all.

Loved the soap and free products. The location was great! Within walking distance to Barclays Center!

great distance from my sons apartment will stay again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

well disappointed my daughter forgot a very special sweatshirt of hers and called the hotel within hours and they claim they didnt find......find suspicious :(

very good contenential breakfast, extremely soft pillows and comfy bed. THis was our 2nd time staying here this year

The morning breakfast
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

My room was downstairs on the C level and, was awakened by all the noise at 7am of a Saturday as cars and trucks arrived and parked outside my window....

The morning breakfast

Good value in good location. Would stay here again.

Generally noisy. I stayed in my room to do work and since the rooms are very close to one another, all conversations from other patrons and housekeeping staff were plainly audible through my door.

Great, comfortable bed and good location overall. I could walk to subway and BAM as I needed and find restaurants nearby. Wifi was very good. Everything was really clean and the bathroom products were very nice.

Perfect stay

Breakfast was so delicious, also housekeeping services - perfect! I felt so comfortable in that hotel. I strongly recommend this hotel for everybody! :)

I'd like to thank all the staff and property proprietor, good job to keep it .
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The only one thing i didn't actually like was location in the industry street

i liked overall that's connected with the property, excepting location, staff let me using the kitchen ameneties in the evening after check out time.

Confortable bed and fresh air.
    • Basic Queen Room - Disability Access

When I arrived, the hotel employee ask me for a credit card. I told him...a want to pay in cash....he said ok the credit card is only a guarantee and the number of it is only hold, if you make a disorder or something like that. I said ok but, next morning when I went to the hotel's reception to pay the night in cash, olther employee is there and he told me that the room had already been paid with the credit card.......unacceptable and irresponsible....In this motel NEVER AGAIN!

Confortable bed and fresh air.

Awful situation @ hotel

The credit card process evidently was down & the night manager (we had a late flite due to sun country changing its flight time). We got there around 1:30am. My credit card was taken &!the manager said she could not return my card till she found out if it was good. Ha ha. She gave us cocoa when we went to our room. In the morning the managers said they didn't have our card. I had to call my card company to report this. I am still traveling & have not been able to resolve this.

It was near the Queen Mary2

If there's nothing better and you don't want to stay out on the street.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Hotel is clean with all necessities available, at an 'ok' Brooklynlocation. However staff is terribly unfriendly, they will not even look you in the eye and are texting throughout your questions. Breakfast is something you will have only seen in US sitcoms before, bring something if you would like to stay healthy. I would not recommend going here unless you are short on cash and this is the only place avail to you.

Red Lion Inn & Suites isn't bad but it isn't good either, it's Switzerland
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

For what I was paying I expected to not be in the basement of the hotel, staying in the basement should come with a discount. I have paid less in Manhattan which is where I was commuting to and had better room accommodations . The breakfast was crowded with not people but with tables and chairs to where my book bag was in someone's face as I attempted to grab a yogurt before work.

Nothing stood out about the hotel. Hotel isn't bad and neither is it good

Ok for what you pay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Beds weren't maid and I can't prove it but got bit by bedbugs/fleas. Every morning had a new bump that itched. So did my wife and 3 kids.

Breakfast is just what you need to get going. Waffle maker, bagels, cereal, juice machine, coffee. Nothing fancy. Good for what we paid. 1,550 for 5 nights.

Overall, my stay was good. Although, there were a few mishaps, I enjoyed the hotel and the location

There was no microwave in our room (514). The room was small - I'd thought it would be a bit more larger - but it served its purpose. Parking was on site; however, when I arrived at the hotel, we had to pay a $38 fee which was not provided at the time of booking. So, while paying for the hotel which was a little expensive, we had to pay to park. In addition, we had to put down a deposit which I was not aware of until I got there. Never had I ever had to pay an additional deposit when I have already booked a room for any hotel, so this was a bit annoying. If I wouldn't have had the extra money then what would have happened?

The bed was comfy and provided a good night's rest. Staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was decent. My husband loved the coffee and overall, it was a good stay. The hotel was within walking distance to different little shops and restaurants as well as transportation (bus and train). I would stay here again, now that I know what to expect, I would recommend this hotel to others.

not agreable is
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

There is a depot in front of the hotel with trucks coming in and out 24 hours a day, thus it is too noisy. Air con too cold and breakfast area is too small and unconfortable.

worst experience ever!!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

terrible experience!! My laptop dissapeared from my room. staff very unfreindly and not helpfull at all. I wound never go there again!! worse experience ever!!