Reviews of Red Roof Inn Parsippany 2 stars

6.2

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Oasis in life
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Toilet very low. I am 6' tall with leg injuries. Hook on bathroom door is too small. Don't understand why no microwave and refrigerator in room.

TV great. Bed great. Location, terrific. Very fair price for room. Loved being on first floor.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Convenient to where I needed to be and affordable
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

I stayed 5 nights and the room was not serviced twice. Sheets were not changed when needed. Coverlet was dirty and stained. Staff was not friendly

Convenient to where I needed to be and affordable

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Nice but run down room
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Our room was run down and needed a hug. Parts of our room were very clean and parts weren’t. No breakfast offered.

It was fairly booked up yet quiet at night on a Saturday which was wonderful. Ample parking. The property was clean and nice with strong WiFi in room. Comfy bed, nice shower.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

I was able to move to a ground floor room
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

being lied, I was told there were no ground floor room and doubted that the non-smoking room assigned smelled like cigarette smoke.

I was able to move to a ground floor room

The room was smaller than expected, the air conditioner was...
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The room was smaller than expected, the air conditioner was noisy, there were stains on the bed cover. It was a functional place to stay but not a place I'd be rushing back to

Best stay at a hotel ever.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Marsha was amazing. She certainly is a wonderful first impression of the property. Great value and delightfully clean to my surprise, especially with renting a smoking room. By far the best hotel I've stayed in.

Value for the price.
    • Superior King Room - Smoking

I love staying here .. staff is excellent .. just a little bit of a mishap and the room took over an hour to be ready .. other than that .. no complaints at all.

Value for the price. Excellent.

Go for the deluxe room
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Regular rooms are dumpy, dirty, worn and no fridge or microwave. The deluxe rooms solve the above issues for a few bucks more. Definitely worth it.

quiet area. Rooms are far enough off the highway so you don't hear traffic noise. There's a great Chinese restaurant just in front of the hotel.

Its an ok stay since I only need it for sleep and its for work.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The rooms are old, torn carpets, the toilet as well as the whole room needs an upgrade. Its kinda pricey for what they have.

The air condition is working well! Its near restaurants and fast foods, not far from my work.

Decent place. Not fancy. Simple, clean, comfortable and reasonably priced.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

No microwave or fridge were available in the standard king room and those amenities are included in the deluxe room, for more money, but no deluxe rooms were available. There is a microwave available next to the office for guests' use. More deluxe rooms are needed or they should just convert all rooms to deluxe. In order to order movies on the TV, they require you to go back to the office and leave a $50 deposit, even though they have a credit card on file. This is just stupid. I refused to go back to the office as there was a thunder storm going on. We watched the same movie on our tablet via Amazon Prime for $4 instead of the hotel's charge of $19.99. They shot themselves in the foot. Their free Wi-Fi made this possible. What a bunch of geniuses

Room was clean and comfortable.

Stay somewhere else.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

2am checked in people were having sex in the room they gave us. Wouldn't let us sit in chairs in "lobby" area as attendant tried to figure out what to do. There were no bathrooms as we waited over an hour we went somewhere else

1st room wasnt made. 2nd room was full of peanuts in bed. 3rd room , we opened door and there were people having sex.

Friendly staff, clean towels & washclothes, clean linens...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room could have been cleaner -- dirty carpet, bed was not supportive, bathroom had a musty smell otherwise everything was ok

Friendly staff, clean towels & washclothes, clean linens, everything worked

A comfortable, safe, jumping off point for multiple area activities.
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel has some significant wear and tear. The bathroom walls above the shower tiles had mold growing.

The staff was very helpful. The bed was comfortable and the room was large enough to move around in and get work done.

Extremely disappointed in the place. Even the exterior sign was out on the highway.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The first room did not toilet paper nor a toilet paper holder. Also no extra roll was evident. Also the rugs were ripped and torn in two places. Finally the toilet itself was heavily stained.

The staff was very friendly the accommodations exceeded my...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I only wish there were more channels available regarding television....I am a big NY Mets Fan and could not get the game other then that things were great

The staff was very friendly the accommodations exceeded my expectations the room was extremely clean and I would definitely stay there again! Thank you Tom Basil

Not feeling safe and room seemed dull because of the decor.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Didn’t feel safe. Could hardly open the water faucet for use. Dull and dingy room. Hard to find since it’s set back off the highway. The entrance faces the back of a restaurant where trash is put for disposal.

No problem with reservation

Lousy l
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Lazy staff, checked in and notice floor was vacuumed, I went to the office and asks if someone could vacuum the floor, they all just looked at each other, I waited an hour no one showed up, so I ask for a vacuum, and did it myself! The next day when I returned to the room they didn't clean the room!! Clearly a screw u thing, even the front deck guy said the staff was be lazy, wow, and to top it all off the bathroom stink of pea! Never again

Cheap

ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Room was worn and dirty. My previous room had a malfunction with the door opening and the night staff was unhelpful at best. I was locked out of the room for about 3 hours and luckily I had convinced the one girl to put me in a temporary room because it was about 10 degrees. After waiting patiently I walked back to the front desk to find out the status only to find out the girl that was supposedly "helping" me had left. She didn't mention this issue to the kid that took over and I continued to receive the run around. After a while he then decided to treck up to the room and assist me. After bashing the door handle repeatedly and performing some other techniques the door finally opened. I was offered no compensation of any kind either. WHAT A NIGHTMARE! Night staff was a JOKE, extremely unhelpful, and VERY LAZY

Property well maintained. Great location.

The hotel was near the highway but was quiet, surely a value for money.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff by mistake gave us a room that looked dirty with beds not made, trash not taken but, she gave us a better room later.

The bed was comfy and the room heat was perfect thanks.

Wouldn't book here again!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was very cold and I called the front desk and she said to wait a few minutes. I waited in my car for an hour and the room was still cold. For 10 degrees weather,the heat should be on high and warm up the place and me once I walk in. I shouldn't have to shiver for an hour, lay in bed with jacket and boots on underneath the covers to feel warm. Along with the coldness,we spend Saturday through Monday and our room wasn't made not once.

Alot of restaurants and shops in the area. The area was quite and felt safe.

My stay was little bit okay. I was only there for 1 night. I didn't get the chance to explore more.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

It was not a great location. You can't not make a freaking u-tum at all. The light of the red roof sign is not lit up. Booking.come driection sent us to the wrong part of town twice. No refrigerator and microwave in the rooms or at the office. Food old harder stains on the carpet.

The room was okay. The Tv was working good. The heat was workin fine and we had not water. It was easy to open and close the door.

Dirty

Horrible for the cost

Nothing to like about this place. When we checked in the place was dirty, wasn't vacuumed and the bathroom taps and faucets were soapy dirty

Stay Away
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Customer Service. This is not my first stay at a red roof inn. Non-smoking room smelled like smoke. Cigarette burns on the blanket. Blanket had stains.

They could do better but they are not
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff generally unfriendly. They would make you wait for 10-15 minutes just for answering a simple question. Also, at checking I had to wait for my turn for 20-25 minutes because there was only one person at the reception and about 5 clients waiting. They also charge an additional $1.5 per night for the safe although this was not mentally when i booked and paid for the hotel online. Probably the most discusting thing is the daily use of an odor killer spray in the room which leave a discusting smell in the rooms.

Not much

Ok.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The room had a very weird smell to it and there was only 2 small towels for 2 people for a shower.

I was only there to sleep so for the price it was ok.

My stay at the Red Roof Inn was not enjoyable and Not worth recommending to friends or family.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel room cleanliness was not well maintained by staff and the male attendant in the office was rude and unfriendly. However, the female attendant was kind and polite. I will never allow my family to stay at the Red Roof Inn ever again.

The female office attendant was kind and polite.

I’m definitely not staying here again my apologies
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

I didn’t like that the tv don’t pick up most channels There wasn’t enough soap shampoo towels The staff gave me a room where we went to our checked room ppl was already staying there in the room. Was on the phone the entire time instead of telling his friend to give him a minute so he can take care of me I had to greet him he didn’t greet me poor

Close to a lot of food restaurants the room was clean bed was comfortable

overall was good, price also very good
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

the linen was dirrty a bit, one bed was broken

The location is excellent we had so much store to go shopping and restaurants was very close to our friends house

Served the purpose of a place to stay overnight at a lower...
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Drove past it 3 times and stopped at the motel 2 doors down to ask where it was. Since it was set back from the highway the convenience store sign was a distraction from the Red Roof sign and the building was not noticeable. Drove long distance for a place to turn around on the highway.

Served the purpose of a place to stay overnight at a lower rate then neighboring places. Next to a convenience store for snacks rather then a vending machine.

Great value and ideal location for exploring New York City.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Nothing, really. I've stayed here multiple times.

Friendly staff. Great value for the money. Convenient bus stop nearby that takes you into Manhattan's Port Authority so that can you explore New York City. You do not need a car.

Basic no frills stay
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

This is a basic no frills place. It's behind a Chinese place so that is all you smell outside. The inside looked clean but smelled of disinfectant. No breakfast, but there was coffee at the lobby. You get what you pay for here. It worked for a cheap night.

It was cheap.

The bed was very comfortable.
    • Superior King Room - Smoking

The pillows were too small for a king size bed. Bathroom could have been cleaner. No full length mirror in the room. I stayed two nights and housekeeping never came to clean the room. The TV reception was poor and Wi-Fi signal was weak.

The bed was very comfortable. The room had a safe, microwave and fridge.

The chemical cleaning spray used is way overpowering,Motel is just a cheap overnight stop.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Rooms are cleaned using a diluted chemical spray. But they did not mix it properly . The extreme smell and subsequent bad taste in your mouth after spending a few minutes in the rooms were overwhelming and not healthy.

Won't do that again!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Construction/banging in the room next to us. Toilet was dirty and had not been cleaned well. Pillows were like cement bags and bedding was worn, bedspread had holes . We were told we could only have 1 pet when I booked and said we had 2 well behaved dogs....should have let us know this was the case.

Close to the highway we were traveling

Red Roof Parsippany NJ
    • Superior King Room - Smoking

That the guy who did my check-in put a charge on my card when I paid cash

My room. The Staff. Also The Location. Also the many choices of places to eat.

Last time
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The room didn't seem really clean rug was really dirty I didn't want to walk with my socks I kept my shoes on.

Rug was dirty needs to be replaced it just look like it wasn't cleaned good. Just wiped over

Sleep and move to next part of your trip
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

This is your basic room needing a facelift. Booking dotcom picture of hous on beautiful lake misrepresents the location of the motel. Change photo to actual as this hotel is on main road.

OK
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The shower could have been cleaner. The carpet is kind of old and dingy looking.

It was fine. The front desk staff checked me in quickly and helped me with my questions. The superior king room is big and worth a couple extra bucks. The location was good for what we needed. Lots of parking. Dog friendly.

Fading Flower
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

This place used to be first class, but it's slipped badly. Paint peeling, over-bed lamp has burned out bulb, cobwebs, threadbare carpet, slow sink drain, etc. OK for a night, but no more. I'll look for someplace else next time we're in Parsippany.

The staff at the hotel were fantastic.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The staff at the hotel were fantastic. They made sure that our every needs was met and always had a cheerful, can do attitude. Any question asked was answered! Would definitely stay there again!

Best experience

not a single complaint

Marsha at the front desk was awesome. She managed to turn our trip into an awesome, stressfree experience. After spending our first night at a different hotel with the worst experience I've had while traveling, and having only 2 hours of sleep, she found us a room and had us checked-in within 20 mins. She also took the time to show us the room before I paid. This will be my go to hotel everytime I visit my daughter in college.

beware of the red roof hotel of hookers
    • Superior King Room - Smoking

hideous disgraceful dirty loud hookers drugs everywherre

i liked nothing staff was rude highway is terrible load as hell cant sleep beds need replacing don't dare to look under a bed ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

If you have other options, take those.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Hotel is ran down. Old. Smoking rooms stink. Bed linens with cigarette burns. Ceiling with water damage. Needs remodeling. Air conditioning units old. Chair in room stained and filthy. Carpet filthy. Thank God I took my own towels and bath cloths. Had to disinfect the beds and tooms.

Never again
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The staff at desk had attitude like I was bothering them, we got to the room toilet was running and loud, yes they fix that then the handle was sticking, we wer staying for two days, and no fridge or microwave in room, to upgrade to a room with those things was 93 bucks!!!!! That was dam near wat I paid for two nites!!!! O and the microwave was in the vending room!! A community microwave!! I don't no wat the last person cooked in there, I get sick are they ready for a law suit? I travel a lot for my work and to treat the wife, and this has been the worst motel we've ever been in so far

Never again.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

I arrived at 8:00pm and my room was not ready. The clerk said it was still being cleaned - at 8:00 at night?? Apparently there were no other rooms available. I was asked to come back in 15-20 minutes. When I got back, there was no one in the office and the door was locked. I stood there for 20 minutes before someone came back. There was no apology. The room was okay once I was in it but the office and coffee areas were messy and the breakfast was pitiful. Never again. I was unable to get any adjustment to my bill because I had "booked with a third party."

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Good value, if you are a handyman​.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was a definite language barrier issue in trying to get assistance from staff. Ant problem in bathroom, which we reported twice, but all they did was clean up the ants each day, that I killed with some bed bug spray I had brought. Never sealed off where they were burrowing into tub or even sprayed them. Also broken security bar on door. After second day, I finally got a screwdriver and fixed it myself. Coffee in the morning was always Luke warm, at best.

Great location, good value, met expectations for price.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

Priced Right
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The room I had didn't have a refrigerator. Not being able to turn left out of parking lot.

The lady that checked me in was super friendly and helpful. Bed was comfy and clean. Good for blue collar business travelers and couples. Quite peaceful.

ok stay for the money
    • Superior King Room - Smoking

no continental breakfast. you had to make your own waffles.

the pillows were fluffy. the restaurant connected to the hotel was really good. great staff and great food.

Just what we needed!
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

We needed a one-night stop en route from JFK to Niagara Falls and wanted somewhere convenient to our route, reasonably-priced, CLEAN, comfortable and safe. Our room gave us all we needed. The bed was very comfortable and the coffee was a bonus.

The king size bed is comfortable.
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Overnight staff wasn't there when we needed to check in around 10pm. If you absolutely need to leave the premises for whatever reason, leave a note! The carpet didn't look like its been cleaned when I checked in.

The king size bed is comfortable. The towels are clean. Room rate reasonable for the area.

Outstanding value & excellent location!
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

There is no breakfast at this hotel. However, there is a International House of Pancakes restaurant close by. And, there is an excellent Chinese restaurant adjoining this hotel.

The room had a king size bed and was very clean. The parking was adequate for the number of rooms and the high occupancy rate. There was no problem checking in, as the front desk clerk was efficient and well-organized. Checking out was also hassle-free.

I got a smoking room which I expected to smell a little but...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

I got a smoking room which I expected to smell a little but I didn't expect cigarette butts under the bed. I also wasn't expecting food left in the fridge or dirty sheets with red stains that may have been either make up or blood. I only slept for about 5 hrs each night in the room and that was it but I woke up with a headache from the potency of the cigarette smell which was in part my own fault for not booking a non smoking room. I didn't find the cigarette butts until I was leaving.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Very neat pleace to stay !
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Ther was a bit of a confusion with my room but other then that it was fine.

I like the superior room! It was really spacious and the staff are really nice. It is near a bunch of restaurants. So that's very convenient!

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

Nice and cozy
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The wifi was weak, so I didn't do much on my gadgets.

The King suite rooms I got was so comfy, clean and smelled fresh. The bed was really relaxing. The setting was just perfect a great value for my money.

Fine for a one night stay on a business trip.
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Hotel is well worn, could use a little TLC. Fine for a one night stay.

Staff was friendly and helpful. Rooms have updated air conditioners and heating along with a flat screen TV. Wi-fi is free.

Nice rooms, poor staff.
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The staff was very slow on checkin. Too busy with answering personal cell phone. Staff had personal visitors in waiting area eating dinner. No place for guest to set when waiting for slow check in. Also one guest come back in while I was checking in and stated that their room wasn't cleaned or ready for them.

Clean room, clean bathroom, comforable bed.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

My fiancé and I actually left the room shortly after check...

It was very unclean.

My fiancé and I actually left the room shortly after check in because the room had strange substances on the comforters. It was discussing.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

The worst experience
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

To be honest it was the worst experience, the bed and the bathroom were disgusting. I reported this inconvenient but nobody helped us. I was there for two nights and no one ever cleaned the room. If you want to be comfortable please do not visit this hotel.

nothing!

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

We cancelled our reservation.

We cancelled our reservation. We arrived around 10:40 am. I had answered the question when I booked that we would arrive at 11:00. The office was very shabby. We were told that the cleaning staff just started at 9:00 and didn't have any rooms ready. So that means in 1 1/2 hours not one room was clean? Could be true because we saw the cleaning staff outside talking. We were told nothing would be ready until about 12:30. We went to the Ramada which was exceptionally clean and accommodating. Won't come back to this Red Roof again.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Worst redroof ever.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

You don't have enough space the staff was unprofessional but accommidating the room was not clean in a word disgusting ants all over the room the bathroom was not cleaned at all and it smelled like an ashtray i complained they gave me another room but no apology just ok like it was the norm and should be expected i chose redroof because i stayed at them in the past just not at that location it was the worst motel i ever stayed at.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

A great place to stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Although there was free coffee there was not Any breakfast accommodations.

The red Inn has a great price for a six day travel. The place was in great position of almost everything around it for shopping and eating.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

just awful it was freezing cold outside the service was lousy
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

They refused to clean room you will get less servicesdon't want too serve you if you continue to come theater you get left service the more you come there the less your service. They want your money and watch out. Being charge twice for one stay. I stay month at the end of mystery they chatted me. Double for one week I never got my money back sorry that's not good enough

How quick check in and check outp

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Value for money
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

People walking outside my room and knocking our door at nite.maybe some naughty kids ? One time was a women asking if her friend was inside my room . No fridge or microwave. coffee available in the office but not in the room. The security in their property is not at their best.

Room has king size bed. Smell fresh .linen towel are clean and fresh. Bathroom is upgraded flat screen TV and hearing sensor is working. WiFi is strong. Customer service is helpful car park is plenty near your room and shopping convenient is a bonus. Enough power point to charge the phone. Will recommend to other people. Their cleaness and comfort is at their best.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

Night mare
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was a disaster dirty sheet , dirty bathroom dirty and stain carpet and dust all over , the coffee machine was so dirty that I could not make coffe , please remove me from your email If this is the kind of hotels you deal with

Nothing at all

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

Need to do better
    • Superior King Room - Smoking

This past week I wasn't treat right. I don't want to go into detail but all I want to say is one of the rooms I paid 190.00 and there was no microwave, refrigerators, remote to the tv, and there was no coffee machine. Also when we arrive at 4:30pm the room was a mess and housekeeping was mad at me for asking how long it would take to clean it.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Sheets seemed cleaned, checked for bed bugs
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Non smoking room reeked of cigarette smoke, bedspread had multiple burn holes and again room smelled very bad.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Could not sleep because of room smelled like smoke
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Room smelled like strong smoke

Location was great, parking

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

I found a used condom on my bathroom floor.
    • Superior King Room - Smoking

I found a used condom on my bathroom floor. I had to clean the floor myself due to the time I found it.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

It's a nice place and a nice area.

Nothing really

It's a nice place and a nice area.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

ok for a stay on a tight budget
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

fixtures and appliances need update and repair.

good location for travel. room was small but clearn

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

Overall...I thoroughly enjoyed my stay 💯
    • Superior King Room - Smoking

There was no ice machine in my part of the hotel complex

Friendly staff and a very relaxing atmosphere, best stay ever...money well spent!

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

the room had a bad smell, humidity, cigarette and I reserved...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

the room had a bad smell, humidity, cigarette and I reserved a room for non-smokers

Horrible place to stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The room was dirty, the carpet was not swept. There was trash under the beds, the counters we're not clean. Bathroom was dirty.

Absolutely nothing

It was ok but I saw butterflies in the room and a lot of...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

It was ok but I saw butterflies in the room and a lot of roach

room smelled of a dog