Reviews of Red Roof Inn San Antonio Airport 2 stars

333 Wolfe Road, San Antonio, TX 78216, USA

#212 of 301 hotels in San Antonio

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I'm guessing the employee didn't hear us walk in the door because as I was standing at the counter he was sitting on the back counter 'Indian style' playing on his phone. Wen trying to adjust the tub drain to let out the water the whole thing came undone.

Closeness to airport.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Everything about this stay was horrible. The location is very bad. In the ghetto. We had originally booked for 4 day stay but kept just the first night and then went to a much nicer hotel in a better neighborhood the next morning. There were cockroaches crawling in the room and restroom. We didn’t even use the blankets or towels we went to a Walmart and bought our own, as well as shower shoes.

The front desk workers were very nice.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Unexpectedly great stay. Very good location near the airport and near many restaurants. The staff was exceptionally helpful and provided everything we asked of them. Comfortable beds, clean rooms, and updated bathrooms are also a plus.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

I stayed there for 4 days. The over head light in the bathroom didn't work until the last day. I had to wear socks or shoes to walk in the room. I wore white socks and by the end of the night they were black

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Awesome person at the front desk and provided helpful hints and answered all my questions. Same delightful person at the time of checkout. Called my taxi very customer friendly.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room air quality, noisy rattling air conditioner, dusty ceilings and or possibly mold stains, carpet had 4 or 5 large stains on it and it just looked unclean. With only one clerk handling and checking in guest, I was not able on 3 occasions to share my thoughts on the room and since it was late decided to stay just one one night.

Friendly staff good attitudes and smiles

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

It would have been nice to have a contential breakfast in the morning. And up grade the carpet and hallway.

I like that the staff are very friendly and they really tend to your needs. Very very helpful.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The rooms didn't look like the photos. The bathrooms are very, very small and had no exhaust in them which made it very steamy.

The staff was the best part of the stay. Each person that I encountered was very personable.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

There wasn't much I didn't like it was a great location and great price

Everything the room was perfect for my family and I we truly enjoyed our self's the staff was very friendly and we where right around the corner from North-star Mall which was a plus it was a very fun stay and I would be back again....

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

My regular phone service was crappy in room 234, after moving from a smoky room. A bit of a walk from bus services, and corner stores. No swimming pool, or kitchenette.

Rooms were big enough. Close to the office. Mall, and airport nearby.

I found a roach & when I confronted the front desk guy I was told that we could get our money back but he needed all of our belongings out of the room & the room key back. Once I got back up to the room he called & told me that he couldn't give us our money back since he had already dropped the cash. He continued to argue & say that he couldn't give us our money back & that it was out of his control. Once the next shift guy got there, he was very sincere & gave us a full refund within 20 minutes.

The size of the room & tv

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Mold on inside of shower curtain. 1 Light over bed did not work. Chair needs replacing cushion in bad condition.ice maching not working had to go to 3rd floor. Stayed in 1st handycap.direction hard to find rough area to go thru.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The carpet in our room was really stained. In the shower it was difficult to adjust the temperature of the water. It was either really hot or very col..

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Sheets were dirty, tv wasn’t working, phone in the room was broken, no microwave, and no iron. I have been to less expensive rooms and they include all this things plus they are clean. Very disappointed because we paid over $100 and expected more from this place.

Staff was nice.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Bed was very hard and worn out, with a dip on the side. Room could use much updating. There was certainly room for a double sink, but the room had only one sink.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

When we arrived there were doggy pee stains on carpet and it smelled a lot also under the bed there was some kind of used toilet paper and other things obviously they didnt clean under the bed

The size of the room and the size of the bed was accurate the restroom was clean and it had a flat screen tv

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

No Continental Breakfast, but it was clean and half the price, so I guess we could afford to pay for it elsewhere.

It's in a weird spot, but it is AT THE AIRPORT (well across the highway). And I loved the 12:00 check-out.

• Superior King Room

Absolutely nothing of interest around the hotel, not very clean, ice machine was broken, & there was no shortage of crackheads wandering the parking lot during our stay. Not worth the money.

Only perk was the close proximity to the airport. I still had to take a taxi to hotel.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Ice machine on our floor was broken. No fridge/microwave in room. I asked about staying an extra night and was told it wouldn’t be a problem just let them know the next morning before check out time. Came back less than 2 hours later and was told they’d overbooked and there were no rooms for the next night. Ended up at a better hotel anyway.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The Restroom was not clean and the door was damaged. I don't think that it was cleaned.

The service at the front desk was the best I have had. The staff treatment was great.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Don't know the rest of the hallways at least the floor that I was in a certain area have an unpleasant smell. I also didn't like that there was no microwave or mini fridge

Staff members seem professional and very helpful.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Trying to find it and the area seems a little sketchy. Coming in at night I’m not sure if it would still look so scary. I left very early the next morning so I didn’t get a chance to see the surrounding area

I was happy to find a nice and comfy room

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

hotel hallways were very disgusting and the hotel smelled horribly and the room was not clean when we checked in. we found trash and gummy bears on the floor and toilet with fecies in it. I wouldn't even stay here again for free. this hotel is absolutely disgusting and not to mention the day of check in there was 2 san Antonio police officers there because some rooms were broken into and stuff was stolen. so everyday I packed up all my stuff and put it back into the vehicle when we left daily. if there was a way to get my money back I would do it. I will never recommend this hotel and I will be contacting the BBB as well and YELP. Goodbye.

close to the city and the price

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

This is a non smoking hotel; however, the room 122 smell really strong tobacco product and humidity. the toilet was clogged when we arrived, the personnel unclogged and clean the spills with a towel, no kidding (and brought clean ones, Thank you!), then at 1 a.m. we asked to switch rooms because the lock in the door started beeping and we could not sleep.

Nothing really, bad experience. We had a good experience at another Red Roof, but not this one: room smelly, toilet clogged, lock beeping could not sleep. Have to ask to go to another room: at least they gave us another room. We wonder: why they did not gave us another room from the beginning because they knew that room 122 was so bad.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was HUGE ants on the walls and crawling into the bed. There was several baby cockroaches in the restroom on the floor as well as in the tub. Felt like the floor was going to cave in or give out while in the shower to where I was going to fall thru to the lower level floors.

The cheap rate

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The room was dirty. There were marks on the wall, crumbs on the bed, and the floor had stains. I also didn’t feel safe in the area. Since I was only there for one night and it was late, I didn’t complain, but I definitely couldn’t wait to leave the next day.

The front desk agent that checked me in was nice and helpful.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The toilet in my room ran all night. The water was cut off the day after I arrived. My room was NOT CLEAN, dirt on the floor, bathroom not swept, cobweb on the baseboards. The list goes on and on. I did clean the room myself.

I honestly could not find one thing I liked.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Wish there wouldve been a fridge, and breakfast. I totally understand why there is not. Rooms are a little musty. Full size beds are ok wished they wouldve been queens.

Rooms were clean...

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel was dated. Did not get maid service after the first night. There were stains on the comforter and the floor. The bathroom was unkept and a bug was crawling on the floor.

The location was good.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Room was way too warm when I arrived. 78 degrees. I had to turn the A/C on for a few minutes to get to a comfortable temperature for the night to sleep. But it worked. Slept well.

Bed comfortable. Room clean.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The hair dryer did not work, looks like outlet slightly melted. Top cover on bed stained, looks like burn hole on blanket. Smelled of smoked, although it was a non smoking room.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was nothing I disliked about it.

Everything was clean, the room, bed, and the bathroom. The price is reasonable, and The staff there was REALLY friendly as well! Highly recommended!

I didn't like that our entire stay the hallway upstairs smelled like marijuana. Terribly bad. Our son didn't need to smell that. We lefted out smelling like it. The hotel was not clean enough. It felt dirty in the hotel. The hotel needs needs a lot of new work done to it and maintenance.

I liked that it had beds for us to sleep on. The beds weren't to bad.. The front desk ladies were nice.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

There were roaches in my room. I killed a total of 3 roaches, 2 were on the beds and the other was crawling on the wall. Restroom was not stocked with toilet paper. Room smelled of cigarettes.

N/a

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The smell of weed reeking in the hallways (no smoking?), dirty toilet (feces in it), dirt on bed sheets, hallway floors nasty with old spilled random messes. Not a clean hotel. Do not spend your money here. We were very close to just leaving even though we had already paid for the room.

Nice staff

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Very difficult to find in the middle of the night. Extremely poor lighting and signage. Did not feel safe. Carpet worn and threadbare. Observed some questionable going on in the parking lot on the way to my room.

It was cheap and close to the airport. Desk clerk was very professional and helpful.

The room smelled like pee. It was almost a mildew smell. Basically it was so bad it was hard to sleep and I needed to burn a candle the entire time I was in the room to cover up the odor.

Cheap, close to the airport, free coffee.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

There was an unpleasant odor in the room and even as I walked into the lobby. It smelled like cigarette smoke and there were stickers everywhere that said 100% smoke free. The place needs a renovation.

I had stayed at a red roof elsewhere and it does not compare. This one was dirty

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Hotel is very dated... Brown (worn) carpets, and white dirty paint in hallways... Needs an update. The whole amospher bespoke “cheap” It may be a No Smoking facility, but it smelled of smoke throughout.

The property is dated... Very much a no-frills facility. Atmosphere was about a step above “flop house”. It was acceptably clean, but not sparklingly so... For the person on a budget, it’s ok, but there might be better options.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was a Mouse in our room that had a queen bed. And we were moved to another room but they only had twin beds. Was not Comfortable for me and my wife.

Staff was nice

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

I didn’t like the a/c not working right and we had to open the window to get cool air. When we brought it to the attendant attention she said there were no other rooms like ours and since we used a booking we’d have to contact them to change our room type. She also said booking wouldn’t change our room type unless the hotel was overbooked. I also didn’t like how there was only one entrance to get to the room. You have to go thru the lobby to get on an elevator to go to higher floor levels. The stairs are locked to where you can come out the stairs but you can’t enter through them, the door locks once it shuts.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Room service delivered me the wrong order. According to them they didn't carry some of the things on the menu. For example they don't carry a 2 liter beverage no more, they in stead brought a 20oz beverage

Low budget comfortable bed

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

A bit drab looking in hallways, but for price $63/night I didn't expect the Waldorf.

Close to airport and staff let me check in early since had to check out of other hotel by 11am. Also staff called taxi for me to catch early morning flight at airport.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

I thought that the staff could have been a little more attentive and that there should be more in the rooms. Such as a microwave so I don't have to go heat up myleftovers in the lobby.

I thought the ease of booking was superb especially since I was in a rush.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The staff did nothing to accommodate my questions, everything I asked I was shut down with a cold tone. There was a strange smell, and the bed was not comfortable at all. Will not be staying here again.

Nothing really

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Motel is outdated and cleanliness needs improvement. I Killed 2 cockroaches in the bathroom (totally gross)! My friend jumped out of her bed at 3 am looking for some critter that crawled into her hair! I can never stay here again.

The hotel staff was friendly!

• Superior King Room - Disability Access

Bed felt too stiff would wake up in the middle of the night with spasms.

Like the privacy, location is somewhar hidden. It was hot, but once settled the roo cooled down.

• Superior King Room

We got smoking room and there was not one ashtray

First off room was great look grear smelled ok bed was great on my back, room was very great and roomy.

• Superior King Room

1. Horrible tiny coffee pot 2. Housekeeper had an attitude, provided service at 4 pm and did a poor job.

1. Great staff. Desk staff very pleasant. 2. Good bed-firm. 3. Light weight cover. 4. Allowed me check in at noon. 5. Regular check out time noon 6. No smoking room actually smelled smoke free. 7. Property improvement visible.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Nothing that’s why I check out early.

Smells awful looks like a pay by the hour hotel, No accommodations,can print any papers or fax do not have any type of breakfast. Beds are hard and uncomfortable. Poor location. You can’t even get simple toiletries

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

It listed breakfast, but did not have the ability to produce anything and I was informed there would be none. Only 24 hour coffee. The room smelled like mildew. There was no trash receptacle. No drain stop for the bath tub. Air conditioner would shut off and not turn back on. For the price that was posted, there was nothing to offer. I booked queen beds but only had full size beds. There was also no coffee brewer in the room as well. There was only one access point into the entire hotel, which was at the front desk. So every time I went outside, I had to go all the way back to the front desk. Our room was at ghee opposite end of the building... Overall, very unimpressed with everything for the price of the one night stay. Extremely unsatisfied.

Hard to say... It had beds...

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

When I first checked in there were 3 employees at one computer at front desk, not one acknowledged me when i walked in, had to stand up there till another girl came from the back. The room smelt like mold alot, there was no blowdryer, no iron, no mini lotion with the soap, fridge, micro, none of these normal amenities for 70.00 and there was someone vacuuming very early in the morning right by our room.the shower literally took at least 8-10mins to get watm, not even hot just warm and there was wierd paint splatters all iver the bathroom ceiling.

The only positive I have to say was the bed was comfortable

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bed was uncomfortable, shower was broke and water barely came out. Maid service was substandard. No night stands on outer side of beds. People stood outside front door to smoke. Definitely didn't get what we paid for.

I didn't like anything about this place and will not stay there again.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room wasn't fully ready at time of arrival. Carpet was damp upon entering. Otherwise, was comfortable overall.

Excellent Customer Service by the Front Desk Lady! Very sweet, helpful, knowledgeable & professional.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The hallway smelled pretty musty and my non-smoking room smelled of smoke. When I put the ac on it made the room stink of cat pee!

Large room, really helpful and friendly staff.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I didn't like anything about this property nothing at all.

For the prices i paid for that hole in the wall room was terrible. Carpet was so nasty you couldn't walk in it. The bedding covers and sheets was also nasty. The hot water took like 30 mins to get hot. I wouldn't recommend a homeless individual to stay at a Red Roof Inn.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

There were cucarachas in the bed and above the fridge. I have stayed other times and never had this problem till this last time I stayed there.

Staff was pretty nice.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

It seemed dirty. We had a non-smoking room and it reeked of cigarettes. It was a lot of money for what we got. The bath tub made a puddle on the floor every time we took a shower.

The bed was comfortable. The staff was friendly.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The first room we were shown was so disgustingly filthy we asked for another room. The next one was only passable, the carpet was so moldy it smelled awful. Cigarette butts all over the sidewalk in front of the door, also gum to step in. Trash cans were so full you couldn't get anything in them and stuff was falling out on the ground. Someone had thrown a whole package of ham hocks on the ground which remained there the whole time we were there. One day there was no maid service and we had to get more towels from the office ourselves, slept on same sheets the whole 3 days.

Looking in the rear view mirror.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

My first room was not cleaned and beds were not made.

They very quickly gave me a new room after I found my first room was not cleaned and beds were not made. The bed and pillows were VERY comfortable after 18 hours in the car. Great location by airport. I drove mom to San Antonio from Atlanta and flew back very early so proximity to airport, less than half a mile, was very important to me.

The rooms were dirty, smelled really bad, found spiders, roaches and dirty clothes apparently left by previous remnants. Furniture dirty and broken ... really felt unsafe.

Not really anything.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Carpet was stained alot. Bathroom needed to be redone. Looked like it had a water leak at one time. Dingy. No breakfast at all. Only coffee. Would not let anyone check in early. Check in was at 3 and not 1 min early. The problem was that there where 6-8 people in line and it was shift change only one girl at the desk and the new girl was late getting there and they had to change there money drawer clock in and out and discuss things that had happened. Took another 10 min. So after standing in line for 30 min we finally got checked in. P.S. I was in the parking lot for 2 hours waiting on a room and went inside once and called once to see if they had any rooms available yet. Amazingly all the rooms where all ready at exactly 3:00. TERRIBLE time for shift change.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The shower was absolutely terrible in room 104, the water was barely streaming out of the head and IT WOULD NOT GET HOT. Other than that I have no complaints, room was clean and such. Only other recommendation I have would be to get some flavored liquid creamers for your coffee!

Bed was comfortable, plenty of outlets to plug, room was clean, cost was low.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff was very rude and not helpful. The beds and room were very dirty. There was bug(s) crawling on the floors and on the walls. I found (2) dead bugs in the shower. Very nasty place!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

My bathtub leaked from the bottom so everytime someone showered there would be a puddle of water on the floor after.

Clean room, good location, and friendly employees! Quick and easy check-in

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The first room we checked in had stains all over the bed. They did not look washed. The walls were filthy. One wall had a huge hole in it. The room had not been vacuumed. I didn't even dare look in bathroom. Had a large barking dog in the room next to ours. Switched rooms. Bed was clean but floor needed vacuumed. The tub had pubic hairs in it. The hall smelled of urine. Had to borrow iron from front desk. And our shower had no hot water. Horrible experience. We retracted the second night.

Absolutely nothing. So bad we did not stay the second night.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I had one hell of a time finding the place at night. It is not conveniently located. I called the front desk from the rental car location and the lady with whom I spoke could not give me directions how to get to the Red Roof Inn. She was worthless.

Eggs fluffy? There were no eggs to be fluffed! Clean rooms and a comfortable bed, with an A/C system that was superb.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

We had reserved a handicapped accessible room, and when we got to the RR Inn, the room had been given to someone else . The room had no ice bucket , only the ice bucket top. When I went to the front desk , the person on duty said they were out of ice buckets, and offered to provide me only with a plastic liner. And there was supposed to be a microwave and small fridge in the room , but there was neither item in the room. The window air conditioning unit leaked inside the room unto the carpet below the a/c. Additionally, I stepped on a rusty nail that was snagged on the carpet . We will never stay at that RR Inn location again.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Nothing , the hole experience was bad .. there was roaches in my room the ac didn't work . No wifi .. the staff did not care and would not hear it .. the list just went on and on.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The bed was AWEFUL and hard. The sheets were stained, the room smelt stale, a couple of rooms down you could hear their dogs barking! I'll never stay here again!

4 min drive to the airport.

• Superior King Room

No transportation to the hotel from the airport. The first room we got had dirty sheets, which was disgusting. One woman manning the whole property so it took a long time to get another room. Property is isolated so hard to walk anywhere at night.

Property fairly quiet

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The linens had stains and the bed/pillows were not comfortable. The room smelled of drugs and mildew. The counters were not cleaned properly and there were items left from previous guests. The feont desk person did upgrade me to a superior king when I spoke up about my concerns but it was still not even close to what the reviews portray.

The air condotioner worked well.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I have asthma and copd. The ac didnt work very well and the filter was filthy. I requested another and was given the key to look at it and the AC didn't work in that room either. Was give a 3rd key and the room had an older so bad i couldn't stay I there.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Front desk clerk was unprofessional Having arrived at 1:40 pm the first thing she said was We don't have any rooms available until 3:00 pm. She did not say Good afternoon can I help you, or do you have a reservation. I went to Logan's Road House while waiting for 3:00 pm. and the service there was bad. It took 48 minutes to prepare a hamburger. When I returned to RedRoof motel, at 3:00 pm there were more than 7 people waiting to check in and there were was only clerk available for checking the customer where as the other rude clerk was reconciling the cash because she stated she was $22.00 short. After waiting my turn to check in I was able to get into my room at 3:27 pm Finally, since Red Roof has two to three levels and the stairs case was in dire need of a major cleaning. The front desk clerk was very polite and professional upon checking out at 6:00 am Sunday morning. I regret that I did not capture his name. If and when returning to San Antonio I will not make reservations or stay at another Red Roof Motel.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff was extremely unprofessional I waited in the lobby for check in and the entire time they were on a private call with friends using language that was not acceptable The first room we were given smelled like cigarettes and the beds looked as if they had been used, the second room we were given was much better