Reviews of Red Roof Inn Allentown Airport 2 stars

1846 Catasauqua Road, Allentown, PA 18109, USA

#10 of 22 hotels in Allentown

• Superior King Room

I didn't like the mediocre cleanliness of the outside: the stairs, the corridors.

The room was clean as always when I stay in one of your hotels. Pretty complete inventory. Good bed.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bathroom was too small.....and the beds were not all that comfortable....but the staff were EXCELLENT!!!

It was quiet and very peaceful....no disturbances

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was not the nicest area. Everyone smoked. The outside of the building was old and it smelled. They have room sharing, so many of the people staying there were looking for the cheapest place to stay.

The room looked new and seemed clean

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No hairdryer came with room.

The desk clerk was very friendly, professional, & helpful. The rest of the staff I saw seemed like a tightknit group of friendly people. I felt safe there while traveling alone.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Pillows are like rocks, rooms are small, and the motel had limited amenities.

Good location, clean, recently renovated. Staff was friendly and coffee was good.

look at the above

there was no in room coffee maker. No in room iron and ironing board. could hear the man in the room next to me snoring all night. the front desk people were very nice and considerate to allow me to reduce my stay to only one night, as I found a friend's house in which to stay

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

had my wifes credit card.. no dice.. had to break out debit card.. been married 22 years.. our last names and all debits are the same.. little too much!! on your part.. lighten up still getting paid

very quiet property looked safe

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Ice machine was pretty far from the room, no benches outside anywhere on the property

Nice clean rooms, location was near a mall, and many restaurants. Easy off, easy on for route 22, all staff I dealt with were very pleasant. I would book again.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

We were charged 3 times for the room. You first charged us when I booked it, which shouldn't of happened. Then when we checked in you charged us again. And then we were charged again when we left. So the cost should have been $327 but we were charged $981. When we went to ask the front desk, they knew nothing. The only way we were able to get our money back was contacting our bank.

Room was clean.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Very close to other stores and there was some weird movie theater right behind the hotel which was cool. Restaurants and other stores also right around the hotel. The room was very clean.I am 6 foot four and the shower was a little small for me. Small with wise not height wise.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Someone tried to enter my room at 3 am. It was strange. And, not a good place to stay with your family. I was alone so it was ok but people at other rooms always stay outside and drink. Not good.

The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Free parking and coffee. Very helpful and cheerful personnel.

• Superior King Room

It was close to red robin, Friendly's and Denny's. The movie theater was really close to the hotel. Two or three minutes walk. Very close to the Malls.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was no refrigerator or little coffee maker.. Thankfully there was a Dunkin Donuts and Friendlys in the same parking lot!

The desk clerk was very helpful and recommended a nearby restaurant that was awesome.. and the restaurant gave us a discount for letting them know she had recommended it! :)

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

If I were staying for more than one night, I would like a room with a fridge and microwave, and a coffee machine for the morning. Also, I was charged for a safe I didn't use....??? I had some safety concerns, as my 24 year old daughter was approached in the parking lot by a man who asked her if he could buy heroin (but maybe that is common in Allentown). After that, she stayed inside in our room until daylight.

Good value for money. Comfortable for a one-night stay.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Smokers all around our room.Did not have a pack and play even though i indicated on website that a child less than 2 was travelling. 2 were damaged and the staff had to search storage for it. Thankfully, the staff member (christine?) Found one and we were eternally grateful.

Convenient location. Red Robin nearby. Staff was attentive. Very nice room for the money spent.

• King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

I have a charge on my bill for $21.00 for the TV. Why. We only watched Fox News and weather!

Eggs over done. Not sure just the " sausages " were. Coffee pretty good.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Very well maintained &,cleaned; convenient to highways, restaurants, gad stations & shopping. Friendly & accommodating sraff. Good value too!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff was very pleasant and helpful. We wanted to check in early before our event and they happily allowed us to carry in our bags and get freshened up. Our room was clean and comfortable- just what we needed for an overnight stay. The place is pet-friendly and we saw lots of wagging tails in the morning, which always starts a day off well!!

• Superior King Room

Very thin walls. Could here everything going on in the next room even when they were in the bathroom. Also there was some type of emergency two doors down so police and ambulances were everywhere and loud and blocking parking.

Lights over the bed were cool and convenient.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Didn't draw the most respectable of people. Was awakened at 1:30am to yelling and cursing. No mini fridge or hair dryer in room. Had to ask for those which we didn't feel like doing since we got to the hotel so late. Room's heating/ac unit blew so much air right in front of the bed next to it that it awoke the person sleeping in that bed every time it cycled on. And no continental breakfast here.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

At one time Red Roof was consistently consistently excellent quality and value but now, overall, Red Rood isn't what it once was. Quality is variable across their network.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

• Superior King Room

Heat and A/C is a bit dated but worked OK. Room had a slight lingering odor of cigarette smoke. A little noisy late at night.

Bed was comfortable and room was clean

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Note....During summer, ask a room on the north side of the building. Ours was the sunny side. And with temps being unusually hot for early June( upper 90's) our room took forever to cool down.

Convenient to major highways and there is tons of shopping and many restaurants nearby, One thing that is odd. Most of the establishments close between 8 and 9 pm. So if one arrives after 9 pm and wants to grab a bite to eat, you're choices will be limited

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No complaints for the price.

Room was nice and big and comfortable. I was able to park right outside my door and just walk right in. Located in a shopping center with a grocery store and a couple of decent restaurants close by.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

I realize this may not be under any control of the property, but the parking lot was a bit too dim, and while my boyfriend parked his car, there were what appeared to be 2 men sitting in a car just watching. Not sure what that was about, but hoping they weren't undesirables casing people and their vehicles.

Trista, front desk at check in, was great! Very accomodating and helpful with booking. Morning staff really pleasant! Would definitely stay here again amd tell others.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

You always get loud drinking contractors (per-diem), though their not too many there.

To be honest, I live close. My part time job requires me out of my place. Regardless, this hotel is a great value and excellent staff.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

This property was one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed at. On arrival, there was hair in the tub and toenails on the bathroom floor which let's me know housekeeping didn't do their job at all. It's sad because I've wasted 2 days there and I recommend no one to stay there.

Nothing at all.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

On a busy street easy to get to - good and bad. Noise from street traffic somewhat bothersome. Appreciated that the rooms were all smoke free but there was no designated area for smokers so had to walk through smoke whenever outside room.

The room, staff and parking good. It was close to many places to eat - good because breakfast not available.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No amenities in the room. Microwave, refrigerator etc are all upgraded rooms. Bathroom very small,. It was a good room just bare minimum which is what the rate covers.

• Superior King Room

all 3 visits were fine with the exception of the mattresses which apparently are beginning to reveal their age,divet to the center and springs in other locations.

The accommodation is excellent 3rd time staying within last 2 months.

• Superior King Room

The cleaning girls were very loud outside our door at 8am and the conversation was very unprofessional

At 8am the cleaning girls were outside my door talking extra loud and their conversation were very unprofessional.

• Superior King Room

the mattress is beginning to show the continuous use and was developing a hollow in the middle

The cleanliness, quiet rooms the office space in the room

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

Anymore parks in the parking lot and hangs out that aren't guests.

The room was spacious and clean. It had a fridge and a microwave to my surprise. Great staff and location.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

I didn't like the fact that the toilet was left dirty it could have been cleaned a lot better.

I liked the price of the room the comfort of it, the location and also the free parking.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was nothing I didn't really like. Maybe just you couldn't smoke in the room but everything else was great!

Great staff very friendly! Very clean and comfortable. And no charge for pets was great!

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room smelled like cigarettes even though non smoking designation. No refrigerator in rooms Found an unused condom under the mattress.

Located where we needed to be for three days. Clean. Friendly staff. Laminate flooring rather than carpet. Economical. Within walking distance of several restaurants, shopping areas and movie theater. Airport within one mile.

• King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

I felt a little rushed to check out, but other than that the trip was pleasant!

The house keepers were very polite. The receptionist i spoke with the night we checked in was super nice and very helpful!!! I believe her name was Jodie; very sweet girl!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was a noise coming from behind the wall that sounded like dripping water.(room 310).Free coffee or breakfast would be nice. Crack down on noise makers.

It was conviently located near stores restaurants and public transportation.It was also close to the airport.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

• Superior King Room

Bathroom could of been cleaned better in the tub and shower head. Simply upgrade the entire bathroom. Behind the toilet and paint job was not what I expected. My paint on my walls of my house does not appear like it did in the bathroom. However, I am aware that this is a place that numerous people have been through. This was absolutely nothing housekeeping could of fixed in regards to my compliants. It is simply time for an upgrade in your bathroom so it doesn't appear to be untidy even when housekeeping cleaned. Needed more access to towels. Prefered not to hear people screaming profanity outside my door when trying to sleep. Lastly, I could of dealt with the convenience of being able to keep my room temperature consistent.

Cable options were bearable.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The grounds outside were really dirty, cigarette buts and trash all over the ground, even in the elevator. Overwhelming smell of stale cigarette smoke in the area approaching the elevator and in the elevator. Pillows were not that comfortable.

Staff was friendly. The room itself was nice and clean.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn't like having a safe in the room that the door would not stay closed. I had no reason to use it so leaving it open and unlocked was the only option...the potential to bang my knee was prevalent. I didn't spend much time in the room, so gladly I didn't have much opportunity to run into the open door. No microwave or coffee pot was a negative. I like to have a cup of tea before bed and the hot water from the facet was not adequate. Small issues but enough to take the star our of the rating.

the location from the interstate is a plus. I loved the smell of the room when I walked in, that was definitely a plus since most hotels, even the pricey ones, have a stink in the room. The pretty scent made me feel at ease that I would in fact find a clean room. The Rep didn't properly activate my room key which caused me to put my bags back in the car and go back to the counter, however it was corrected immediately. over all it was a good experience.

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Towels were a bit rough, but other than that all was really good!

The room was very clean, staff was helpful and friendly. Location near airport made it very convenient, and within walking distance to restaurants so no need to drive.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

• King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

Noise, a Mexican highway worker was plowing a hoochie, around 01:00 am. All I heard was "oya mio"! Over and over! Thank God it only last three minutes,ha ha. Sound came right through door (locked) the was for adjoining rooms.

Adequately accomodations, attention to details for a travelers comfort.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The outside of the building was dirty and not kept up. Our non-smoking room smelled of smoke. There was mildew in the bathroom.

The people in the front office were very nice

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• Superior King Room

Bed was uncomfortable.. my back was hurting.. need softer beds especially for the price for one night.

It was a nice relaxing stay.. clean.. friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

A fridge!! Also, finally a room on the ground floor. Not because we requested for one but just because there were no other guests!!

Location. Unfortunately the room we had a couple of days earlier had a fridge. This one did not.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Again it seemed to be too much trouble to get us a room on the first floor as requested three weeks ahead. They can't be bothered to reserve one and simply start looking for a room when you arrive, then it is of course "we have no first floor room available". So when you arrive late and leave early the next morning, you have to carry your luggage to a higher floor. Also, they still bother you with a silly charge for the safe, don't forget to ask it back or they will charge you for it.

Location, that's about it.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

AC turned itself off middle of the night - some kind of efficiency mode, I think, and it woke me up.

Bed was good, room was well noise insulated from other rooms.

• Reviewed: 26 August 2016

• Superior King Room

Coffee etc not refilled; loud noise in next room, doors slammed, banging on doors, police showed up, impossible to sleep, money should have been refunded for that night

Deal gotten through booking.com; office staff pleasant; when room coffee, creamer, etc. not replaced. front staff gave supplies

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• Superior King Room

Needed more towels in the bathroom, Not a safe feeling in the breezeway to the elevator after dark .

Bed was comfortable, Staff was very professional,

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

We needed real, liquid cream - not disgusting, powdery cream - at the coffee station. I bought my own, real liquid cream for use while we were there.

It felt cozy, like at home. The coziness comes from the fact that the motel has few floor levels, and that it allows for lodgers to walk in a circular pattern to their rooms. Lodgers pass one another as they walk to and from their rooms.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

A bunch of men were trying to talk to me and my friend, making cat calls made us feel a little uncomfortable. Thankfully are room was in the front of the hotel not in the back where they were. It is an outside hotel not too crazy about that.

Rooms were clean and decent would recommend it for a short stay not a long stay.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

• Superior King Room

The tub was glazed and reglazed. The corners of the bathroom floor wasn't very clean and there was a stain on the ceiling. The air conditioner took a minute to figure out as the knobs didn't have notches to know when you've changed the settings. There was a condom package on the walkway outside our room and the area did not feel very safe.

The room was nice if you didn't look too close. The floor and colors were nice. The vanity was large and newly renovated. The room was clean and didn't smell. The beg wasn't too hard and there were plenty of pillows. There was also a nice hub to plug in our phones and devices.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No hairdryer in room. Bathroom had musky order. Could use some upgrading. Not really worth over the $100 a night we paid.

It was clean. But bare minimum of a nights stay.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

This is a motel, not a hotel with amenities. That said, it is updated, clean and comfortable. We were in Allentown for a family event, and just needed a place to shower and sleep. This was a great value for the money.

• Reviewed: 16 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

A bit old and somewhat outdated. Smelled and appears clean, just an old building. Decent place with a pet. Ample areas to walk nearby.

Location convenient right of hiway

• Reviewed: 11 July 2016

• Superior King Room

Lots of outside noise. This is the reason I don't like motels, I was under the impression this was a hotel with all the rooms inside the building. The wifi wasn't stable & kept dropping the connection making ordering a pizza difficult.

Mini fridge Pretty clean Free wifi

• Reviewed: 2 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Not very clean, liked like some people were living there, no refrigerator in room...diabetic need to refrigerate insulin, no hair dryer in room

Elevator, location to highway

• Superior King Room

Some sort of trash cart being pushed around outside room in morning,but no big deal

Bug free n clean

Comfort and quiet

• King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

Room was very clean, smelled nice and bed was super comfortable. My son and I enjoyed our stay.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Although I booked the room for three persons, the towels and toiletries were only for two persons.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The comfort of the beds and the convenience to restaurants. I also like that they had a fridge and a microwave.

Nice place

I liked the location

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The access to the hotel was not too hard

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

not good for family and kids smoke cigarettes and other at the rooms.......

Price

Staffs are nice

Room was not vacuumed.

Location and price

Very loud patrons outside

Always clean and relaxing

• Superior King Room

No smoking room smelled like a smoking room

Clean cheap

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room the beds the shower Everything was clean and the parking was great

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bed was not very comfortable

Location, Price, Pet Friendly

• Superior King Room

I got bed bug bites from there bed and found two of the bugs in the morning

I liked the room set up and privacy

Browse Red Roof Inn Allentown Airport traveller photo gallery