Reviews of Motel 6 Atlanta Downtown 2 stars

311 Courtland Street Northeast, Atlanta, GA 30303, USA

#178 of 250 hotels in Atlanta

There is a spot on the floor that needs to be repaired but no big deal. The tub/shower water was very slow in draining.

We were only a couple of blocks from The Fox Theater, which is the reason for our trip. There wasn't a mini fridge or microwave but wasn't a deal breaker since we were only staying for 1 night. Staff that checked us in put us in a room away from the traffic, which was very kind of him. Both of the gentlemen that checked us in and out were VERY well mannered. If ever in ATL again for that area we will most definitely stay at this location again.

Very convenient to downtown. The all day parking including time after I had checked out was great. I was able to make all day meetings downtown then pick up car and leave after.

Pricing excellent for this motel considering it’s located downtown and so close to everything - especially the Georgia Aquarium which is the main reason I chose this motel 6.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Front Desk Staff is not friendly at all, but housekeepers were great. Specifically the Overnight Front Desk Agent, he was super rude to us in multiple ocassions.

I love the location and the fact that you guys have iron and iron board as a room amenity.

rm 224 after the room next door used the shower a puddle of water appeared by the door of our bathroom when the room above used the shower water leaked in the bathtub through cracks in the tile the flooring in the room is curled up from water damage hidden mold is inevitable

LOCATION

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The checkout time was 11AM, but we arrived at 4AM and the staff allowed us to stay one more hour, that was great, thank you! And we can leave our bags till evening :)

For the location, value of the room, and price I’d say this is a good deal. No complaints. Get what you pay for

The sheets weren’t very soft but I also wasn’t staying at a resort. The bed was comfortable. The room was quiet enough.

Location is great, walking distance to metro and best attractions. Also really close to Max Lagers brewery which we really liked. It is still a motel (nothing really "fancy"), but it is clean and comfy and for this location really value for money. Staff was also really nice and helpful.

The staff was extremely helpful and friendly (Ben and Tommy are amazing employees). The location is very convenient with dozens of restaurants within a five minute walk.

No breakfast!

Floors were solid, AC worked great without any must smells. Room desk space, chair, shelves, TV, and everything else you need out of a 1 bed hotel room.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room service would start banging on the door at 9:30 a.m. This would continue every 30 minutes. The hotel needs a do not disturb sign or needs to wait until after lunch to start room service.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Hotel sitting right on tip of highway, loud, no windows can be opened.

Staff was super friendly especially Ben, much love to you from Germany. Cleaning staff was, really kind and working hard, too.

Great value, we weren't looking for anything fancy and the place is central, clean, comfortable and offers free parking which was a huge bonus. Special shout out to Ben at check-in who was so kind and welcoming!

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Ice machine is on second floor and if you have to go after door is locked, they have to let you back in the lobby.

Staff was very friendly and accommodating. We arrived late, in the middle of the night and the check in process was done quickly and friendly.

I didn't like the service or the room. Service was unprofessional. The doors did not lock to the balcony and the bathroom door did not close at all. Once I made the complaint after check-in about the balcony door, I was told that they have cameras to watch the rooms and that no one can climb to the balcony to get in. I was in shock. When I went to check out in the morning due to the poor service, the lady at the desk had no clue about what I was asking.

Room was a bit older than I expected from photos and I missed the possibility to open a window. There was no hair-dryer.

The bed was really comfy and receptionists (especially one gentleman, who was there when I checked in) were really nice.

The heater smelled so bad, I left it off, but then woke in the night because I was too cold. Curtains also smelled bad. One night I awoke because water was pouring into my bathroom from the room above. The staff moved me to another room immediately, which I appreciated, but the manager refused to give me a discount for the inconvenience. The price is already excellent for this location, but for me, it wasn't worth the drawbacks.

The staff was kind and helpful and the location excellent, walkable to many conference hotels and sights downtown. It was clean enough, though I found some mildew on one shower curtain and hairs stuck on the towels.

Motel 6 will find the one seamy looking location and grab it. Mattress and bedding is clean but unattractive. Balcony is all concrete, and doesn't have a chair because wall would be too high to look over, and nothing to look at.

It's just off downtown at a much lower price than any other places that close. Staff is friendly. Had a balcony (but see below)

Bed was extra soft

Tommy checked me out in the morning and he was excellent at giving directions for breakfast and where I could easily find a place to eat.

Towels were so thin and tiny Bed is not comfortable Empty vending machines No tissues Musty smell in the lobby No hot water in sink Staff not helpful

Location and free parking

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

There isn't a public bathroom in the lobby, so if you just drove in to town and need to go, you have to wait until you check in and go to your room. They don't allow late check-out times. The back side of the hotel is on I-75 with 8-10 lanes of traffic, so it can be noisy. It took me awhile to get to sleep, but I wasn't woken up by the traffic noise after I was asleep. Water pressure in shower was a little low. No coffee pot in room. No breakfast.

Good location in downtown. Ben at the front desk was friendly and helpful. Room was clean, beds comfortable. Microwave and refrigerator in room. Parking was good, especially for downtown Atlanta. They allowed me to leave my car parked at the hotel until 4pm the day I checked out. I ran the Georgia Marathon and wouldn't be back before check-out time. They serve coffee in the lobby after 6am.

Received a key to the wrong room which was already occupied when I unlocked the door; There was no room service during my stay (room 301) - they probably just forgot my room; Very cold in the room; No hairdryer.

Location was very convenient (very close to the city center); Large bed and TV; Friendly staff.

Ben on reception was the nicest man and the friendliest check in we'd had on our whole trip (this was our 5th place) he was also very knowledgeable about Atlanta! To be honest we were not expecting much from a chain motel but this was perfect for out needs, its right next to the big hilton and marriot hotels so the location is great (its near a few big roads but so are all the other much more expensive hotels...). We walked into town no problem. I did sleep with earplugs but slept well, the room was clean and bright and had everything we needed. Hot water is available 24 hours - handy if you are on a budget and want to make tea/coffee or pot meals. Free coffee in the morning. We also were able to leave our bags to go explore on the day we left.

The noise from the highway. It is a liitle bit old.

The staff was very helpful and the location was perfect. The only downside was the noise coming from the high way located just behind the motel. So if it is possible please ask for a room that faces the other side of motel which will be much quieter.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

EVERYTHING. Yes, it was located within walking distance of the convention we came for..,but the farthest out from what’s considered the downtown area in the exceedingly unsafe part of the area. They list having a bathtub as a feature, but it doesn’t have the ability to hold water and is therefore useless and might as well just be a shower stall. They advertise their pet friendliness, yet they were exceedingly rude about my having my two dogs and offered nowhere for them to go to the restroom, sending me to what he referred to as a dog park that was actually a homeless park I was lucky enough to make it out of alive the one and only time I walked them there. My 17 year old daughter and I were chased up three flights of stairs to our floor landing, and had no one to alert got help as the lobby is locked up after dark due to the dangerous neighborhood. My 10 year old had her first up close experience with not only homelessness, but prostitution as well. We were approached to rent our room out for an hour or two, I’m not joking. It was that kind of place. There was a faint odor of sewer leaking out from the bathroom of the door was left open. And as icing on the proverbial cake...we were chased down in the parking lot after we checked out and accused of stealing one ratty blanket and one comforter ( actually a thin coverlet parading as a comforter), and then subsequently charged $80 for them even though we not only made it clear we wouldn’t want the trashy linens and offered to let them search our packed baggage. My advice.... run as far as you can. Do not be fooled as we were. This is not the little hotel that could......

Location to the convention center that brought us to Atlanta to begin with. This was our first trip to this city since my husband and I had been there for the olympics when we were 15. I had been informed that the most important thing we needed to look for in a room aside from the obvious things would be the ability to walk to the convention center, as driving downtown just wasn’t practical. I had initially booked the Hilton, but had gotten the wrong local. This place is advertised as clean, recently remodeled inside, pet friendly with no added cost daily for pets, and the ‘deluxe double’ room I was considering was listed as one of the largest square footage of all I had searched and advertised as having a sitting room. (Do not let these advertisements fool you, as they are either complete lies or irrelevant.)

Dirty linens,no hot water,hookers around,tv picture was terrible,bed was noisy,would not stay again. I do have to say however the staff was very friendly,helpful,and kind. The facility is just not up to par. I guess for the price it was a place to sleep with no frills.

Good location. The staff was great

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff was rude. Bed was uncomfortable. Very noisy, couldn't sleep due to the noise from the interstate being right next to the room (was in a room outside the doors), and the bathroom noises coming from next to us. Room floor was dirty. Overall it wasn't a good experience.

The room wasn't as clean as I would have liked - walking around the room resulted in the bottoms of my feet looking like I had been outside.

The front-desk staff were friendly and helpful. The motel was walk-able to many locations and it was easy to navigate the surrounding areas. I was grateful for the turn-down service each day and I liked that the room had a window that opened.

No Quilt in room. Arrogant staff No toilet at any common area Late check in and early check out No breakfast, nothing to eat anything in hotel. Hotel is very very old. Never seen such old property.

Was near downtown

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Clean a little better. Just a quick vacuum and a wet wipe mop of the entire floor will do a world of good. Bleach and clean up the tile and grout on the bathroom floor/corners in some areas. Need NEW Mattresses!

The shower had good pressure. Room was at a comfortable setting. Free Wifi was great. We liked the free parking. Liked the large fridge and microwave. The new shower tile was very nice...as was the sink and mirror.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

My stay at motel 6 was excellent ,Mr Ben is the most knowledgeable and helpfull desk manager there is. I've been staying there 5 years now. I have no complaints at all.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

In room lighting is sub-par, especially over the sink. No clock for general time reference. Needs more effective freeway noise mitigation.

Staff great; welcoming, professional, friendly & accommodating. Non-smoking facility is very well maintained but Spartan. Absolutely secure. Housekeeping does a great job. Bed & pillows were comfortable; sheets immaculate. Daily lobby breakfast offered but not checked out. In room & bath lighting are sub-par as was sink water pressure; shower pressure great. Faces onto a busy, noisy freeway.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Quite old facilities, bed was not comfortable to me, a big noisy highway is about 100 ft far from hotel and our window didn't block the noise at all. There weren't a fridge and microwave (it is not big deal for us, but it is a first hotel for last 2.5 years, where fridge was not available.).

Our goal was to find a hotel close to Aquarium. And it is close (about 20 min.). There is also one level of underground parking, so your car may be in safe in case of bad weather condition. Personnel is very kind and helpful.

Upon checking out we were waiting in reception for transport, the receptionist was very rude and basically asked us to leave. the room was vile, sticky floors and dirty bedding. My boyfriend spilt some water on the floor went to clean it up with a towel after wiping up water the towel was black.

Good location from the MARTA train to the airport, bars and restaurants near by.

No breakfast options. Rude staff at checkout. Filthy room. Bathroom tub covered in hair and crust in every corner of bathroom floor. Very uncomfortable bed and room smelled horrible. Old and musty.

free parking. That is the only good thing about this location.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

It says free breakfast served in the morning. Actually no breakfast at all.

Convenient locations to downtown. 10-15 min walk to Georgia World Congress Center. Quiet room and noises from traffic outside the freeway are not that bad.

Tv service,employees,there was only one way in ine of tge employees treated me like i broke in the place the price was different.

Tv did not work correct some of the staff, not all was rude

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Facility had cameras everywhere, very clean place, if ur trying to save money but don’t want to stay in a dump this is the perfect place. And they had amazing parking!

Price seems a bit high for this type of hotel.

Superfriendly reception and a central location (only a two min walk to eg Hard Rock Cafe). Bigger room than expected with two beds. No noise from the busy street outside.

The first shift guy at the desk. Very rude. The cleaning lady, very rude. And my tv did not work correctly

The second shift guy at the front desk. His name was Ben! Very helpful and professional. Need more people like Ben in this world.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was nice but needed some upgrading. The bathroom had a crack over the bathtub that was scary.

The motel was convientently located to be able to walk to nearby attractions, restaurants, and shopping.

For the price we paid I’d have expected at least to have a hairdyer. Also, the hotel is in between several very busy roads and the windows didnt insulate from any of the noise at all so we could hear it all night as if it was inside our room.

The property was very well kept. It seemed like it has been recently painted and was generally very clea. Michael in reception was specially nice on our arrival.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Beds had stand on the sheets top blanket had milky white Stan all over it. Shower curtain had mold all down the bottom. True flea bag motel. I paid 1200.00 I got robbed .stay away

Not much

The hotel definitely needs new windows. The motorway nearby is incredibly noisy. One night there was a power failure. They did not have any emergency plan, i.e. the whole hotel was dark for a few hours. After that the internet connection was off until the next afternoon - as was the vending machine. Free coffee is available in the morning but now "real" milk. No breakfast included. Tax and other additional fees make the final price a good deal higher than the one that appears first. Be careful!

The location is within easy reach of the other big hotels in the center of the city. Even by public transport, the Motel is within easy reach. The staff was friendly but various things can only be handled by the manager, who is not there in the early morning or in the evening. That might couse problems.

Honestly, everything was good. The only issue I would have was the artificial lighting was sparse. We opened the curtains and had natural light so we were fine.

From the staff at the front desk to the housekeeping, I felt very welcome. Check in was a breeze, they actually let me check in about 3 hours early so that was really nice. The hotel was located in a good area, we walked to all of our destinations. The room was nice and clean. The bed was comfortable. For the price, I am extremely happy.

The area sorrounding the motel gets really sketchy at night. There are no security guards at the motel AT ALL, it feels like there's not much emphasis on security. The bed covers had some minor stains.

Some of the staff members are really nice and they are there 24 hs. The room is of a nice size and the tv it's ok too. During the day the area around it is fine and multiple locations to eat and buy stuff. There's free parking. The whole place seemed very clean.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I wasn't a fan of the bed. It was uncomfortable and the bed made squeaking noises as soon as you sit on it. The room is kinda small and does not contain a microwave or refrigerator. Also the towels were stained and the bed lining ( comforter) was thin and not pleasing the skin.

I like that the customer service was great. The clerk Ben was awesome. He was very professional and made me feel very welcome. He explained everything and was very patient . He is a wonder asset to the company. Also , I enjoyed the location . It is literally about a 6-7 min walk to restaurants, lounges and about a 15 minute walk to the park.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I was unable to use a Military ID for a discount on my room payment. This was because evidently since Motel6.com offers the discount link, but Booking.com doesn't, I was unable to use mine - didn't seem fair.

It was a decent price for what was offered - and a convenient location for our weekend spent at a festival.

Younger female at front desk was not helpful just like last year. Was not treated with courtesy by other gentleman at front desk named Ben. Disappointing as this was my only dealing with staff during the stay. Location is decent and room was clean enough.

The building looks like a prison and the AC was so loud, it sounded like an old overloaded washing machine on spin dry mode.

Nice staff, good location within walking distance downtown. Clean room and quite good breakfast.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Main shopping area is not really within walking distance but bus service is good.

Friendly staff. Within walking distance of Coca Cola World and restaurants.

Room was stuffy, could not open the windows. Smelled of cigarettes. No swimming pool. Only one guy on the door. Had to wait 20 minutes to check in.

Clean room, with every expected included (iron was a plus) Best wifi connection I had in any hotel so far (it is good to be able to watch some netflix late at night).

Ice machine running through all night is unnecessary and noisy.

Bed was big and comfy. Staff at check in was very friendly. Close to conference hotels, advised.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Other two front desk staff members as well as the house keeping were horrible and rude. No fridge, microwave, or coffee pots in the room. When we asked about making a pot of coffee downstairs at 12pm, host became belligerent.

The second shift host was awesome. He was helpful and made a point to make us feel welcome.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

The place was filthy and smelled extremely like desinfection, the People neither very friendly nor helpful. Reservation for second night got lost. The noise, especially from the ice machine, which wasn´t even near our room, made it impossible to sleep. Never again!

Location to everything in downtown is very good. Parking lot and Wifi.

A microwave would've been nice.

The staff was really nice and helpful.The rooms were clean and how secured each floor was.if you didnt have a room card you didn't have access to the floors and you had to have your parking pass kept in your car windows to show you we're allowed on their property.when we were checked out and walked to some of the attraction on our last day they allowed us to leave our car on their property until 4 o'clock p.m. and we checked out at 11a.m this stay was really great and I will most definitely return to this hotel!

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

Clean rooms, very friendly and helpful front desk personnel, many thanks for their support. Particularly Mr. Ben at the front desk was very supportive. Good and stable WiFi in the building.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Friendliness of staff. Granted it was unseasonably cold, but an extra blanket would have been nice. We had to use our over coats as blankets!

It was bare basics. NO services. Close to car rentals Close to bigger hotels (more expensive) for attending conference

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

Soundproof is bad.

Convenient location, the price is friendly compared to other choices in Atlanta downtown, the front desk staff Ben was very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

No breakfast. I think it is a little expensive for the service, but the hotels around here are more expensive them here. So if you compare the prices in this region, its not that bad, but for me it was expensive.

The room is big and clean. The motel is good located. You can find many places to go not to far from here. It is 10 min walking from the civic center marta station. I like to go around by feet and the location of the motel made it easier. I could visit many places as philips arena, centennial park, fox theatre and more.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bedding was dirty. Doors didn't close tight - could see light through and hear lots of hallway noise, hard to sleep. Water pressure poor.

Ben was amazing!

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

Wifi working on mobile only and no breakfast despite promising it on booking.com and day staff at front desk was so lazy and unfriendly

Clean room...Thats it.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

No fridge or microwave. Not enough I'd machines or vending machines. No blanket in room ....cold

Location and value. Cleanliness and parking. Enjoyed the balcony

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Right next to a very busy and noisy freeway -- but that's beyond the control of management. Perhaps better windows on the freeway side may help

Very close to downtown and major conference facilities

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They cleaned the room with some HECTICLY strong disinfectant so it burnt our lungs literally and it was an expensive night for a room that was cleaned with such a strong chemical. Very disappointing

The motel was very well positioned for World Of Coke where we were headed - quick walk

Non smoking room with cigarette burns on the bed spread, fresh bloodstain and hairs on pillow. Already addressed with management, hopefully not a recurring issue.

Price, location, parking

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Worst hotel experience ever. The manager and General Manager are very rude and will harass you and call the police on you for being a few minutes behind. We asked for a late checkout (11:45am) upon check in and they started calling incessantly before 11am, they opened/tried to come in the door on both sides several times and we were trying to take showers, and then they called the police as we were putting the bags in the car at noon and had already left the room. The Officer told us to call Motel 6 corporate and report what happened.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Some minor cleanliness issues, but it's a 2 star accommodation. Nothing was a deal-breaker. I was there for an event downtown, and prices were really high at surrounding hotels, so the prices were higher here. Somewhat expected, but that made the value for money a little low.

The room looked like it had been renovated relatively recently. I only had to interact with the front desk for check-in and check-out, but the staff was friendly and efficient. The location is close to public transportation and local attractions, within a short walk. Despite being next to a major interstate, noise wasn't an issue. I was able to check-in early, which was a positive. No issues with parking.

• Reviewed: 24 November 2016

My issues really had nothing to do with the hotel itself but with the way people drive around downtown. Avoid rush hour if at all possible or better yet just fly if you can instead of driving.

Ben at the front desk is a world of knowledge, friendly and professional. If there is anything that you need information on, he will most likely know it. The king deluxe room was very nice and comfortable. The free parking is an amazing deal for downtown Atlanta. The location of the hotel is a ten to fifteen minute walk to the Georgia Aquarium and the Georgia World Congress Center where Heroes and Villains Fanfest was held. It is just a few blocks from 85 making it easy to reach. If you are not comfortable walking, there are almost always cabs parked at the next cross street - Baker. I walked around downtown by myself most of the weekend with very little issues.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Excellent location, just 2 minutes from the Marriott Marquis where my conference was. All staff (reception and housekeeping) were very friendly, Ben was particularly helpful and welcoming. My room was nice - a huge bed, clean bathroom, working TV, good wifi signal, clean sheets, comfy bed. My room was facing the main street and I had no problems with noise from the busy street.

• Reviewed: 19 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It is too noisy, there was an ice maker in the corridor, which make a lot of noise. It need to be renovated. Please search for another hotel even it will cost 10-20USD more

The location, staff and free WiFi

• Reviewed: 18 November 2016

Its no frills but the rooms are clean, excellent bathroom and you have a microwave and fridge so its like home. Its position downtown is excellent and you are within 5 minutes of the metro that takes you to the airport. Fully recommend

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

This hotel really NEEDS in-room coffee - having a couple carafes available downstairs in the morning just doesn't do it. If you're noise sensitive be aware that the "deluxe rooms" (with microwaves and fridge) are on the freeway side and VERY LOUD traffic 24/7. I actually requested a room change after the first night. The "standard" side is much, much quieter.

Location is superb - two blocks from the big expensive downtown hotels where my conference was. The lobby is spare and I was a bit put off at first but the room was spotless. I appreciated the spare furnishings and cleanliness. Also among the most comfy beds I've had in a long time!

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

No fridge or microwave in the room. Usually, if there is no fridge, we ask service desk staff to put our ice pack in their freezer, but in this hotel even they did not have it.

Location. We could explore downtown on foot: approximately 25 min to the Capitol.

Browse Motel 6 Atlanta Downtown traveller photo gallery