Reviews of Red Roof Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport 2 stars

22 West Algonquin Road, Arlington Heights, IL 60005, USA

#7 of 8 hotels in Arlington Heights

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Was advertised as being close to O’Hare Airport....it’s not. It cost me $39 to get there by taxi. It’s about a 30 minute drive. This place is a dump. Room was suppose to be nonsmoking but smelled of stale smoke. Also asked for a ground level room / they would not accommodate and gave me an upper level room. Had to walk up a flight of stairs with heavy suitcases. Do not book this hotel!

• Standard King Room - Smoking

Did not feel safe. Men at several lower level rooms in the evenings would have their doors wide open and hanging out by rooms with open doors. Also manager at this location did not respond to my comfort and cleanliness concerns and complaints

Close to airport

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was a leak in the room that kept us up all night.

The staff was understanding of our issues and offered me a partial refund of my payment, which I have not yet received.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The absence of a refrigerator and a micro-wave oven. Well I didn't pay attention to this when booking this room, for it appears there are just a few rooms with these equipment.

The room was on the ground floor and this facilitated our just walking into the room with our bags without the tedious act of going through the staircase.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

I booked a double room...upon arrival i learned they didnt have my room..they tried to give me a king room...i need a double room due to the kids i had with me...room was really small and ants everywhere...

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The toilet was plugged, they plunged it twice, the worker said both times it was fine, totally couldn't use, disgusting. This I'm sure was a problem for quite some time. Also black hair in one bed, a long black hair on bathroom floor. The final straw was a used face towel left hanging on tub curtain holder.

The cost was helpful, but.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No vending machines, no laundry, coffee in lobby is terrible, beds are very stiff and bathroom is tiny. Even basic rooms deserve a mini fridge.

Pet friendly, very good cable TV selection, decent space in the room. Good location.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Had to deal with the hotel double booking and double charging me. Got in late, it couldn't be solved until the next day with the general manager. Rooms are bare bones and nothing special. Kind of clean, kind of not.

Easy to find. Low price. Convenient location.

• Standard King Room - Smoking

Many times the rooms will not have a remote for the TV

It was located close to my job. Near many restaurants. A gas station is only feets away. Not far from ohare airport

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The individual at check in treated me far less welcoming than the place the night before. The room was even more basic than I expected.

Location of room from car

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

When I checked in I was treated like I could be taken or left of staying. I didn’t know where that issue came from. It was a big difference from the place I stayed the night before. Very thin walls, hearing enough outside I placed my luggage in front of the door to feel safe. Very small toilet, shower area.

The price and location of the room.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The room was very small, we did not like the fact that it did not had a fridge or microwave inside the room, vending machines were out of service! We had to leave the room for 15 min to go to the store, by the time we came back both of our cards were deactivated. It was freezing cold outside and we had to go back to front desk and get this fix. One more thing but not last we found hairs and stains on the bed sheets and towels, good thing we had our own blankets since we were prepared for traveling!

The only thing we like was that the mirror and sink were located outside of the restroom.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

They need new mattresses better cleaning had a big ball of hair in bathroom mold beds were horrible vending machine not working told us wrongvtime for breakfast

Wi fi

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Where in the world do I begin?? Looks nothing like the pictures online. I was hotel CATFISHED!! You would think the location this establishment is in they would be clean and nice TUH! Upon walking into the room the first bed looked as though someone had rolled around and played a fame of hopscotch in it then slept in it, got up and moved along. The heat didnt work period! The unit alone was filthy!! No hot water in the shower and the smell of old stale cigarette fills the room. By the sink area it smelled like barf and fart, the towels had pubic hairs and stains on them. The remote was filthy didnt even touch it. Shoes must be worn when walking in those floors! Staff came and knocked on my door at 11:00am with a clipboard asking will I be extending my stay or checking out. Did she not see the DO NOT DISTURB sign in the door?? She could've called for that at noon! Hell no I'm not staying at this garbage dump again! Its sad people don't care to do their jobs and make sure the guest are satisfied

Not one thing! One bed was clean

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Rooms are outdated and old. The garbage cans were overflowing with trash. There was a constant tapping noise on the roof throughout the night. The refrigerator motor was very loud as well.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

1st they charge my debit card twice and then our card for the room wouldn't work . we had to stand in the cold till the manager fix the door. Then the heat in the room was blowing out cold air

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Good location, close to the airport and highway. Near gas station, mcdonalds and all other stores. Room was very clean and comfortable. Good value for a price, will come back again. Very quite area, easy check in and out. Room delivery from nearby restaurant

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The guests in the room next to mine, played loud music that started at 3 in the morning and the base vibrated through the walls that the bed head was attached to. I requested another room and was promptly moved.

The location was close to the airport.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No refrigerator which is very important thing especially if you have infant baby and if you planned to stay much longer. Plus no one told us about the 10% discount promotion given in Dennys restaurant for all red roof inn guests.

Close to the airport, nice and clean Recommend everyone who likes to be close to the airport

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

My reservation was for a double and all they had was a single. My business partner had to share a bed (not good). They stated that they would give us a discount, but the manager was never there to approve it.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

There was no ironing board or iron in the room. When i asked for one they only brought me a ironing board and no iron, said they were all lent out. There was no Kleenex in the room. The room was very small, looked way bigger in the pictures. The bathroom was very small. It's a ok hotel for someone traveling by their self but not for couples. Or someone who just needs a one night stay. Personally I will not stay at a red roof inn again.

The bed was comfortable

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

No coffee pot/coffee and blower dryer in the room. House keeping didn't change the sheets after previous guest; the sheets had dry blood on them.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Wi-Fi was weak to non-existant. Had to use my own hotspot to complete required work.

Basic accommodation for a semi-pro team after a game. This works well for us.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Held room with one credit card, paid with another, which was available. They charged both cards after asking preferred card to charge. Over limit charges are on the way

Bad business

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

After a 20 hours flight, We were just hoping to see a clean room, take a shower and sleep. However the room was extremely dirty. The shower was not cleaned. So we were not able to take a shower. I killed 3 insects. There was a used condom box in the commode. It was a terrible! I hope that they changed the bed sheet before us. I will never go to a Red Roof Inn again!

The staff was a nice person.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

There was nothing to give a negative response to, our goal was achieved by getting the sleep that our bodies so needed.

The beds were great, both my guest and myself got plenty of VERY necessary rest, We both slept throughout most of our stay. With the exception of getting up and going across the road to Denny's for our meals.

• Standard King Room - Smoking

Small room, filthy hard wood floors, and electrical outlets not working. My wife explained this to the front desk upon checkout. They showed little concern.

Close to I-90 and Birch River Grill restaurant.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything was good. I wasn't seeking a resort-like setting. This is more as a motel setting. No complaints.

I suddenly needed an overnight stay and Red Roof met my needs for bed shower etc. Convenient to highway and airport. I wasn't looking for anything additional and therefore have not complaints. Staff was pleasant and accommodating as I am handicapped.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

We reserved a non smoking room but we got a smoking room. We called to change it but the front desk said we couldn't move and to talk to the manager in the morning. Talked to the manager and he was very upset the night staff didn't move us. He was very apologetic and great custom tee service. He even gave us a discount because of it also.

Rooms were clean and nicely remodeled.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

IT IS RUN DOWN, AND THE AIR UNITS DON'T WORK PROPERLY. THE LINEN IS RAGGED AND IT IS NOT WORTH THE MONEY. ALSO, THEY DID NOT NOTIFY ME THAT THERE WAS A "SUNDRIES" FEE THAT THEY WERE CHARGING TO MY CARD, WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. SO FRAUD WAS COMMITTED AGAINST MY BANK CARD, AND THE ONLY WAY I FOUND OUT WAS TO CALL MY BANK.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The room was not in good order. The cooling knob of the "air unit" didn't work and only the "fan" worked. There was no heat on the unit. The towels were shabby and old. There was no microwave and fridge as the advertisement said when I booked the room. The property needs to be upgraded with new and working air units, they need to replace old, worn out linen, and the appliances should be in the rooms that are listed in the booking description because the room was NOT WORTH THE COST - NOT AT ALL!

The manager was nice, and I had no problem checking in.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Staff attitudes. Silent gentel

Very nice good staff.especially Mr Alex treat us good but one thing I paid cash and one night they charged my card also.i was not happy they said booking. Com charged you.same thing happen my girlfriend they charged 2 nights .she also paid cash

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We had to keep getting a new key card for are room everyday it would lock us out. The neighbor next to us was so rude had people knocking all hours of the night getting drunk it was the worst experience for us we will not return to this location again.

The room was okay

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Taxi service from the airport to the inn was a rip off The first room we checked into had ants in the corner of the room. The heater was old and rattled all night long. Morning staff member didn't care for our business,because when we checked out he never thanked us for staying or asked how our stay was.

First staff member we delt with was friendly

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

It was extremely cold in Chicago/Arlington heights area and the heat did not heat the room up...It simply did not work...We almost froze that morning..

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

This place is super outdated. Sheets and furniture look like they were from the early 90s. There was a distinct odor that smelled like rotten and old. Don't trust the hotel photos. The rooms do not look anything like them.

The shower was strong.

The first room I had was good for the price. Clean, not run down. However subsequent rooms had rodents and dirty bedding. There wasn't any bedding to replace the bad bedding.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The noise of the other guests! The rooms had no microwave! The rooms had no refrigerator! The smell of slight mildew!

I liked the bathroom And the way it was heated.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

A housekeeper opened our door at 8:30 in the morning even tho we hadn't checked out or requested services. We hollered at her not to open the door yet she did.

It was clean. Manager was attentive to my issues.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The location was too noisy, and the room was too small, not updated, and the bed had more lumps than a bowl of grits. I would not recommend this place.

The staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Non-smoking rooms smells like smoking. Staff were not so friendly.

They staff found something that we forgot and called us. We were able to picked it up.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Wifi was off and on, slow connection Room was run down. Cracked shower floor, moldy sink, cracked bathroom counter, dirty mirror. Room floor was mopped right before our arrival and room reeked of bleach/pinesol

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hot water was being repaired and I did not feel the door locks were the best. Also check out was at 11 and the cleaning staff was knocking at 10am.

The location was great and rooms were clean.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Housekeeping came barging in to make up room at 9:40 am without knocking. We were dressing at the time. Somebody brought a prostitute to their room and when she left she tried to drum up other business at a few doors, but that's not the motels fault. She left.

Excellent location right off the freeway. Less than 5 minutes to Ikea Schaumberg, Woodfiled Mall. 30 to 40 minutes to the Chicago loop (less with no traffic). Within 10 minutes of branches of all the great Chicago dining franchises. 24 hour convenience store literally in the parking lot.

• Reviewed: 26 August 2016

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The room was not very clean. The clock was flashing 12:00. There was hair on the towels and in the tub. Dust bunnies and cobwebs in the corners.

The location was easy to find and it was well lit.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Affectionately known as the red rat inn. First room smelled like a 20 yr smoker. Second room had a mouse hole in the baseboard, shower leaked onto the floor because the curtain is too short, AND the toilet was not attached to the floor and rocked severely. I told the manager that that wasn't even safe - the wax ring seal would be compromised and gases leak and or fluid can leak. He said, "no, it wouldn't harm the wax ring". Really? Had he ever fixed a toilet? I doubt it. What a dump. Spend the money and stay next door at the Courtyard.

Location is convenient. Place is a hole.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was fine at the price, the only problem was that its a one man show..when we arrived we waited for a VERY long time, the door was locked. The receptionist was out helping another guest. But we had no idea? Because there was no inflation on the door.

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bedspread had some kind of stains all over it that were like syrup the bed also had pet hair all over it when we asked for our money back the lady didn't even hesitate i think it has happened many times before we ended up going to another place that was amazing for the same price

It was nice that it was so close to the airport

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

• Standard King Room - Smoking

wifi sucked. bed sheets had holes in it but everything else was ok.

the staff were friendly, across the street was a very good japanese grocery store called Mitsuwa and a few steps away from the gas station. clean towels, clean toilet and cable was helpful

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Horrible bed. Just terrible. Room smelled of cigarettes...no exercise room. no laundry room - Not at all a good value for what I spent.

The people who work there are very kind , friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

I was given a smoking room and it was so bad I could hardly sleep. The air conditioner wasn't working that great but it helped a little with the smell.

Used up rooms

Ground floor rooms easy to access and park right in front

Smoked up rooms

Convenient location & good value

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Non-smoking rooms are all smoked up

Convenient location

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Heat has been turned off, even though it was 59 deg. F outside at night.

First floor accommodations. Parking right in front of the room.b

They don't serve meals

The location was convenient

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Driving to/from O'Hare involves driving I-90 tollway, or taking long drive around

Renovated rooms

TV remote was missing.

• Unique Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

There were false eyelashes on the floor

It looked nice from the outside

The deposit on credit cards

• Standard King Room - Smoking

lack of heat, overwhelming stench of cigarette smoke, dated stained bedcover

easy parking

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The heater was very loud and made constant ticking noises throughout the night.

Very clean and comfortable for the price. I would stay again.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I love how comfy the rooms are & location

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The bed was uncomfortable the heat didn't work it was to many people walking around talking all night

Worst hotel

Worst

• Standard King Room - Smoking

Good economy hotel. Clean.

20$ hold that drop off 3-5 business days usually it drop right off

The cleanliness

NA

Everything was great

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The front desk staff person was very rude and unfriendly.

What food?

• Standard King Room - Smoking

Smells like tobacco and not very clean

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The stupid 20 deposit they kept asking for on a different card.

No food bed ok

• Standard King Room - Smoking

Pleasant staff...handy to services...clean.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was fair. Denny's right across the street and gas station right next door that's open 24 Hours

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

A warning that some high school sport team was staying in the nearby rooms, lol.

Comfortable place to stay, clean and great customer service.