Reviews of Red Roof Inn Enfield-Hartford 2 stars

5 Hazard Avenue, Enfield, CT 06082, USA

#3 of 5 hotels in Enfield

the location is awesome close to food and shopping and six...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

the bed was too soft couldn't sleep and bathroom is small to move in

the location is awesome close to food and shopping and six flags is down the street

Great location for next days flight, close to shops &...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bathroom is tiny - and old towel behind door. No coffee machine in room.

Great location for next days flight, close to shops & restaurants. Great price.

Great value for us in need of an emergency stay.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Would have loved discount for the extended stay. But who wouldn't. Weekly rates are very pricey.

Pet Friendly, Excellent Location, and staff responded quickly to our needs.

ok would have been much better if I hadn't been put in a smoking room
    • Standard King Room - Smoking

They put me in a smoking room and i couldn't spray enough air deodorizer to get the smell out my clothes stunk when I got home had to wash everything

The bed was actually very comfortable I slept well

Highlights were the crack smokers in next room, man banging on door trying to bum money at 2AM, “Dog

Ant trails 🐜 in bathroom; bed springs coming through so no sleep & had to drive 1500 miles to FL next day.

Desk clerk at check in and check out were very nice & quick.

Liked the location, and the rate was cheap it was generally...
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

It served it purpose but rooms are very small, there was no fridge or microwave, also there was only coffee available in the morning it would have been nice to at least get a muffin or something.

Liked the location, and the rate was cheap it was generally a very clean hotel but nothing special.

Won't stay there again.
    • Standard King Room - Smoking

There was no phone in the room. The bathroom door didn't always close all the way. The hair dryer didn't always work, something wrong with the outlet. They didn't clean the room everyday, just replaced the towels and soap.

Staff was friendly

I would have paid double the rate to stay at a nicer hotel with working appliances
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was no toilet paper in my room and I was told to go to the office and pick it up instead of having it delivered to my room at 11:30pm at night. My TV didn't work, My room phone didn't work, and the refrigerator wasn't cold

close to highway

Bed was very comfortable and room clean (no Smokey smell).
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Could use a variety of pillows. Some should be thinner. Do not like real fluffy pillows for sleeping. Other pillows good for leaning on in bed to watch tv.

Bed was very comfortable and room clean (no Smokey smell). Water pressure in shower was very good too.

unhappy customer
    • Superior King Room - Disability Access/Smoking

Asked for extra pillows. Never got them even after asking on line before check in and even calling front desk after check in. No ashtray in room. Never get one even calling front desk

I remade the bed later to sleep, unreal
    • Standard King Room - Smoking

The room was dirty, the room was used before me, the blankets we're on the floor, the bathroom was used, the towels were wet and around the toilet.

The price was great

Acceptable acommodation but: remove the practice of unnecessary charges for declined service
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Sheets were stained. I was charged an additional $1.50 for the use of the room safe even though I told the front desk clerk I did not want to use it, did not receive the code to let me use it and have written to them to protest this needless charge. On the other hand, facilities I could have used in the room were absent: no small fridge and no small microwave.

Clean facilities, room did not smell bad as motel rooms often do. A non-smoking room was, in this case, devoid of the odour of past smokers. At my last stay at this venue, that was not the case. Bed was comfortable.

One word Nasty
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

I didn't like anything this place sucks not staying here ever again

I didn't like anything but the customer service at the front desk the rooms are horrible

Clean, basic, met need for place to sleep.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

TV was wonky, but may have been user issue. Room was relatively small but was fine with us and the dog as just for sleeping.

Clean basic room. Easy access to highway, stores and restaurants. For the price did not expect bells and whistles. Bed was comfortable enough.

The staff was very friendly and the front desk was helpful...
    • Superior King Room - Smoking

The bed could have been more comfortable but it was doable for the one night we stayed.

The staff was very friendly and the front desk was helpful with recommending dinner/food options.

It was nice, A few of the desk clerks were very personable. Most of the time we could park close.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

A microwave and or a mini fridge. An extra garbage bag or can. The bed was uncomfortable. And it seemed like it needed a deep clean once in a while. Under the mattress on the frame and the walls and doors could use it.

There were multiple lighting options. There was a garbage can/cigarette butt receptacle right near our room. We had a good amount of options for tv. There were plenty of pillows and blankets. Also that it had a safe.

It was fine thank you
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

when I booked the room I needed a downstairs which I was accommodated but they knew I had a dog with me and they put me way away from the potting area for the dog. Also didn't like folks just hanging around on the upstairs walk areas.

close to a variety of places to eat and easy to find. Lots of shopping but since I had a dog with me I didn't shop.

Stay was ok but they really need to update, clean up and paint alittle.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was no in room coffee maker. There were some sketchy looking people walking around the property at times. I don't like that you get charged for a safe in the room even if you don't use it. A/C in room needs to be updated, it's old and rusty. The door had places that looked like it had been kicked in. A little paint goes a long way.

The location was close to Starbucks and a small strip mall. There were other stores with in a mile along with eating places and places to shop.

I would NOT recommend this hotel. Booking/billing was as nightmare and the rooms are gross.

Everything, from beginning to end. I called to confirm that our rooms would be next to each other, it took 4 calls before someone answered. Our rooms were not near each other, and nothing could be done, according to the manager. At check in I asked that my card be charged for both rooms (as booked), they charged the wrong credit card, the note in the file was not read. The rooms non-smoking and smoking smelled disgusting, they were small, dingy, the TV barely worked, the bed was hard as a rock. The area is pretty sketchy as well.

The ability to cancel the day of arrival - I should've cancelled

The location is acceptable for a one-night stay, but I don't think I'd spend more than that, here.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I requested non-smoking,yet was placed in a smoking area. Not only was there a cigarette burn in the blanket, but the fumes triggered my allergies & OCD, and my child's induced asthma. We had to leave earlier than we anticipated due to Red Roof's failure to accommodate us accurately.

The room was extremely clean.

It was fine for what I needed but without some interior improvements I wouldn't likely stay again.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

When I arrived the front desk staff person took a call from her manager and for more than 20 minutes discussed some other guest issues while I waited. I last stayed there 4 years ago and the interior of the rooms were clean but quite deteriorated.

The location and value are good when you don't need the frills and amenities.

Comfortable.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Red roof tends to be inconsistent. Say they are pet friendly but only for one pet it seems. Also state they are free and in sine there is a $10.00 charge. Somehave breakfast and others not. Need to lift their game.

Average value. Ease of access.

The customer service was good.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel is outdated and the room I stated in was small as far as walking space. The bathroom is really small.

The air conditioner didn't work upon arrived but was fixed within 15 minutes of reporting the problem so give them a A+ for that.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Won't stay at another red roof in again.
    • Standard King Room - Smoking

Stains all over the bed sheets. Stains on the computer chair.The ceiling had wet spots. Some of the doors to the hotel rooms looked as if someone had been kicking or punching them.

The price wasn't bad at all. Right near six flags which was why I was up in Mass.

location an disability accessibility
    • Superior King Room - Disability Access with Roll-In Shower

Room had an odor that was nasty Shower head placement was odd andwas uncontrollable and sprayed waster everywhere. Had not planned on washing my hair, but was forced to do so. The hand held attachment worked welll, but getting to that point was difficult.r

location an disability accessibility

It was a good stay
    • Standard King Room - Smoking

It was clean, decent, and close to the interstate. The staff was helpful. Room was a decent size. Bathroom was clean. Bed was comfortable. Overall I loved my stay. I would stay again.

Room was clean.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bathroom was cramped. I didn't realize it when I booked, but the room opened directly to the outside; I prefer rooms that open to an interior corridor.

Room was clean.

OK for one night
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Mattress was probably the cheapest hardest mattress I have ever slept on, including other red roof inns. Was OK for one night but would not have to sleep there for longer than that.

convenient to highway, restaurants close by, first floor room

It was very clean!
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

It was very clean! Staff All helpful. I didn't know my room did not come with a fridge. The front desk staff changed my room to one with a fridge with a smile and kind words. Everyone was friendly.

Convenient, but...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Night manager was frankly useless. A/C did not work and his only suggestion was basically to leave (with a full refund). At 11pm after a long day at the theme park with a 60 plus granny and child, that was not an option. The room was over 80 degrees all night long. Day manager at check out was helpful and did reduce the price of the room slightly.

Very convenient to Six Flags New England and easy access to stores and family style restaurants.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Excellent value: lowest price in the area. Convenient location near freeway and stores.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Room was small and smelled of smoke (it was advertised as a non-smoking room). There was no coffeemaker in the room. The ambience, overall, was dingy. The place hadn't been updated for a while.

Washing machine and dryer was available; lots of hot water and excellent water pressure; near a shopping mall; ice machine; free coffee in lobby. Lowest price around: excellent value.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Great stay in Enfield
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Stinky smell, but it's a smoking room, so that's not a complaint

I had a smoking room, so a little stinky. But clean. I was very pleased with my room, especially at the price

weird vibe, wouldn't return
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The person at the desk at check in was disorganized, could not find the reservation and was unpleasant overall. This was during college graduation and they were very busy, he seemed distraught and overwhelmed. When we got into the room, we found a pair of womens underwear laying on the bathroom floor. The room overall was clean and the beds had fresh linens. The rooms were updated comfortable, but it was just a weird and creepy experience, would not stay there again, would not recommend.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Good value, location and staff!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Sorry, see above. The check in staff was extremely helpful, knowledgeable and nice. Went out of their way to be helpful with a great attitude.

The tv connection was poor in the room. It kept going to a snowy screen and you had to keep twisting the box to get it to clear. Heat/air control not great either.

Very inconsiderate staff
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

I was charged for two nights instead of one. Charge is still pending since check out yesterday. That was my eating money. Staff was very inconsiderate when told.

The size of bed.

Just Ok stay
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Stains on furniture Squeaky bed that had a big dip in it 2 different staff members peeking in the window morning of departure (way before noon) Dogs next door barked every time they heard us

location, price and water pressure

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

Not quite up to Red Roof Inn standards
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

While I was there was police raid to accost one resident. Blocked off one entrance to property. Couldn't get the heat up past 67. Rust/slime in bath tub. The low rate is deceptive since they have an above-average sales tax of 15%.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

Budget stay.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Ancient A/C unit just looked bad, temperature was difficult to control, beds were old & the pillows were tiny + lumpy.

Free Wi-Fi & the price was right. Great parking on ground floor in front of room!

Excellent stay and service for the price
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The noise from the toilet when flushed was loud

The room was clean and the beds were very comfortable I think this is a very good deal for the price I was completely satisfied with my stay.

Location and staff good, all else bad!
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

TV did not work. STAFF visited room 3 times to fix. To much drug use and noise through the night by surrounding guests to sleep. No parking spaces due to no snow removal.

not a happy stayover

the staff was rude. kept calling all hours of the night because something didn't work with credit card. the room smelt to bad and so did the outside area around the room . if I had somewhere else to go I would have left

it was a place to stay

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

Location, costs Good nevertheless
    • Superior King Room - Disability Access with Roll-In Shower

Information about the actual room setup were not made very clear at initial booking. Some of the housekeeping was done poorly. The shower wall was cracked where the fixture was located - feared it would fall out while showering - towels didn't appear to well-laundered.

The costs were reasonable.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

filthy
    • Superior King Room - Disability Access with Roll-In Shower

there was feces in the toilet when I went to use the bathroom after arriving. Consequently I felt uneasy the entire time staff was unprofessional very kurt and unfriendly and they were standing around eating pizza

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

I wouldn't stay here again
    • Superior King Room - Disability Access/Smoking

First rm couldn't lock the door. Second rm shower had hair in it. Management did nothing. Never contacted me after I complained. And still charged me full price. Will never stay there again

Flatscreen tv

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

BYOS (bring your own shovel)
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Room was cold (December stay), snowed the morning of checkout and maintenance staff wasn't helpful when car got stuck in the snow.

Clean, cozy and bed was comfy.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Convenience to restaurants in the area.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

I requested a 1st floor for a specific reason. I have a broken ankle. I was not provided one. Also there was no way to use my military discount.

Convenience to restaurants in the area.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

The room was very clean.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The entire place smelled of cigarettes. Even the non smoking rooms. An ice machine and vending in each building. The price for the room was high for the type of property.Especially with the cigarette smell all around.

The room was very clean.kind of cute. I felt like I stepped back in time 30 years.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

My daughter left a very sentimental photo in our room.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

My daughter left a very sentimental photo in our room. I called shortly after we left, and the front desk person went up to the room, found the photo, and is sending it to us! Losing that picture would have been a huge bummer. Having such a kind and helpful staff made our whole trip! Thank you so much!!!

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

GREAT STAY in a BUSY AREA
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Perhaps need a map handout of nearby restaurants on how to navigate the confusing serpentine roadways of the numerous adjacent shopping centers.

Front Desk Staff -- RYAN on check-in: Efficient, Courteous, Friendly -- with us and with guests in front of us. He loves his job. Also, my roommate left a jacket in room. Hotel promptly called me and were so pleasant and helpful on the call and when we picked up jacket two days later.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

bring your on towels!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

When you give a room for 4 quests it should not have to request 4 sets of towels and washcloths and then be denied when a polite request is made to the maid service. I did this early in am before we left for the day. We made due the firs morning. I had to go to main desk at night, only 1 worker on for everything and wait over 45 min to get towels and wash cloths. They do not provide for more then 2 quests no matter what with children extra wash cloths over what you need for showers is a must. You thought I had asked for champagne and golden goblets.

Clean comfortable suitable and cheap if you don't plan on doing anything but coming in late and getting out early. Nothing here at hotel but to sleep and shower which was fine because we were never at hotel accept when we needed to sleep. Very nice to have fridge and microwave esp since no breakfast offered and traveling with several children.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

Great location near my favorite fast good restaurant...Taco Bell.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

I think the mattress in that room may need replaced...or perhaps using a mattress pad would help. I could feel the springs a bit.

My room smelled wonderful and was happy to have a room on the ground floor.

For the price you pay, the room is what is expected.
    • Superior King Room - Smoking

Room needed some remodeling, sheets and comforters had cigarette burns on them. A little bit dirty. Walls had holes in them.

It was a good location

Good location with other hotels, shops, restaurants all around.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Room smelled of chlorine. I had to air it out.

Room was clean. Floor was not sticky.

good, just needed a room for the night
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

staff, almost no one around

Ok

Staff were too busy fooling around and I waited at least 10-15 min

Bed covers not clean

nice
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Only had smoking room left

Location was good for on and off highway and great choice of places to eat near by.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No fresh wash cloths left in room or tissue packet. Pillows could be improved.

Ok but needs more services.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Broken bottles in dog park don't clean up dog poop around stairs and maid service.

Close to highway and businesses.

convenient location.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

nearby highway traffic. ok when the door was closed.

convenient location. clean and new room. good sound proofing. close to highway.

Bed was too firm

Bed was too firm

Was a great for a room in that price range.
    • Standard King Room - Smoking

There was some highway noise.

Rooms where remodeled and vary clean.

The people there were very nice place was very clean and...
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The people there were very nice place was very clean and they are very, dating to your needs

My stay was comfortable and great
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was very clean and well made

Horrible place

Small and dirty rooms

Horrible, not clean and extremely loud guests

The room need up dated and painted.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The room need up dated and painted. No coffee maker in the room

They have excellent customer service.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

They have excellent customer service. They strive to make your stay comfortable.

Close to H.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Out of State M.B. VAN Was CHARGING Electrical FROM ROOM TO VEHICLE !!!

Close to H.Way

It was good for $62
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Dress of front desk attendant, Stains on bottom of bathtub,

Cheap

This hotel was a terrific value.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

This hotel was a terrific value. Will definitely go back

Great location and the staff was really friendly

Great location and the staff was really friendly

The heat worked very well on the cold night I stayed with...
    • Standard King Room - Smoking

The heat worked very well on the cold night I stayed with RedRoof Inn.

Nasty
    • Standard King Room - Smoking

The place was absolutely the dirtiest motel/hotel I have ever been

We could take our dog

Great stay. Will be back again
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I did see a used needle on the ground in the parking lot

Liked that it was quiet and right next to shopping centers.

It's always very clean
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The TV was a little snowy

It's always very clean