Reviews of Super 8 by Wyndham Findlay 2 stars

6.2

5.5

5.6

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Was an average stay ,some place to lay your head.

Could have been cleaner and more up to date but was bearable to stay there.

Very nice lady at the desk when i checked in ,been driving all day and was good to converse with her.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Would not return

The room smelled of smoke and was dirty. The first room was more smoky and the air conditioner did not work.

The fellow who checked us in was friendly.

When I arrived at the front desk, the employee could not...

When I arrived at the front desk, the employee could not find my recommendations. I had my confirmation number and e-mail. Check-in took 15 plus minutes. I was the only person in the office. The room had holes in the bathroom door and wall that had been plugged and painted over (sloppy job.)

Like sleeping in a dumpster, but not free. And I wouldn't have been afraid to use a pillow in a dump
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Nasty dirty, dirty sheets and towels, sticky everything, unswept floor, no hot water - not even luke warm enough to shower after two days without one. Hair in the bed and sink. Disgusting.

Had a tv

This place is a dump!!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

When I arrived, I put put in a room that smelled very musty. Found that there was something on the pillow case that appeared to be feces or sonething. I told housekeeping about it, and was replaced. There was a pile of dirt that was just swept under the counter and left. There were big spots on ceiling where it looks like it had come down. The towel in the bathroom to take a shower had black stuff all over it. The door was nasty dirty on the inside and didnt look like it had been washed in a long time. On the side if the alarm clock, the plastic was shattered. After awhile, I took a shower. The bathtub filled while showering and never drained. That was when I requested a new room. I was told that there was a guy in there before me fir 4 days and no complaints. In the second room, again, it smelled musty. Again, giant hole in ceiling where first layer of ceiling had come off. There was a hole in the one towel that was for showering. The towels were barely big enough for shower towels. They were slightly bigger than hand towels. There was no way that it was a bath towel. The bed was ok, but still hard. The pillows were way too thin, and I had to use all 3 of them in order for me to sleep. I'm lucky there was no one else with me, because we would have had to get more pillows or something. Everything was falling apart. Paint was chipping off of doors and such too. Again, with 2nd room too, the inside door was very black and dirty like it hadn't been cleaned in awhile. I had gone out for the night, and when I returned, I was not able to park by my room. I had to park at least 10 spaces ir more down. There were two vehicles in the first two spots. Nit a problem, but then there was a budget rental truck with a car trailer parked sideways taking up at least 6 spaces after that. When I went to have breakfast, it was limited. I was expecting at least z waffle maker, and June was available. I had a bowl if cereal.

NOTHING!!

I will never choose this location to stay at again! NASTY
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

the room seemed nasty and everything was dirty or dusty! the tub drained slow, the shower faucet was backwards, there were two very small towels instead of full size towels, the hair dryer didnt work and i waited an hour for a new one, the shower looked as if its been dirty so long it is just stained now, toilet was the same and the floor felt dirty when you walked across it. i would not suggest anyone book here!

AC worked and bed was clean... THAT IS ALL!

I wanted a reasonably priced room. And that's about all I got. Breakfast wasn't worth advertising.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Even though the hotel was supposedly non-smoking, the room reeked of stale smoke. Room was not really clean. Bed seemed clean but there were lots of places where there was dust and dirt.

Location was fine. Staff at check-in, which was my only encounter, was fine, too.

Don't stay at this super 8
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Extremely dirty room, vomit in the bathroom sink that wasn't cleaned up. Floors were dirty , Plaster falling from walls and ceilings. Bathroom fixtures dirty. Towels very worn and stained. Bed worn out , bed linens worn and stained. Pillows worn out and dirty Bad smell in room...... If I was super 8 I would remove their name from this location.

Location and the desk clerk was pleasant.

Poor

The room was very dirty, the light over the sink did not work, the toilet would barely flush and leaked out of the tank, tried to get extra pillows and towels and the front desk was very put out to help. Breakfast was a poor excuse for Continental breakfast .

My stay was horrible. Never again.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

House keeping didn't knock on my door, they just walked in. The entire room had an electrical shortage so I couldn't plug anything in. The bathroom light and the light above the sink didn't work. My room phone didn't work and the trash or bed was never made.

I didn't like anything about the place. The manager was supposed to call me and never did.

Disappointing!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The “non-smoking” room smelled musty & of Smoke, the light over the sink had a bad ballast, the faucets in the sink & bath were very hard to work, the breezeway walks need a good power wash, and the “breakfast” offered (in a room w. a dirty floor) was minimal & inadequate (e.g. no fruit). Other than that, not much to complain about...

The Caribou Coffee Shop (in the grocery store next door) where we went to get a decent cup of java.

Value for money was very good.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Property is a little tired. Coat of paint would go a long way. Towels were not as white as they used to be. But cost excellent.

Value for money was very good. Property not as well maintained as it could be but acceptable, and cost excellent, comfort good, facilities good, breakfast very acceptable and breakfast room very good. For a passing through stop, very good.

Never again
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Very dirty, booked non smoking room and was hit with overwhelming smoke smell as soon as door opened even though it was marked as nonsmoking. Ceiling had patches and missing ceiling piece by bathroom. Burn marks on table . Floor not swept , shower and tub filthy. In the morning I took key to get something out of car and was locked out of room because key wouldnt work.

The stay was very uncomfortable because of lack of efforts towards cleanliness.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was filthy. The floors, walls and linens were dirty. Fresh sport socks were black on the bottom with just a few steps in the room. When we first arrived we had to hang the curtains.

Worst stay in a hotel I have ever had. Customer service completely lacking.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bath mat wet, wash cloth heavily soiled, mold in toilet and on ceiling in bathroom, refrigerator leaked, laminate floor dirty, room phone not working. Manager wouldn't talk to me had to email. 6 days later still no response.

Pick another hotel.

The towels had visible dirt on them. I exchanged them for different towels which also had visible dirt on them. The high speed Wi-Fi didn't really work. It was very slow and barely worked. The pool was a concrete hole in the ground. Our bathroom popcorn ceiling was missing a large portion. The staff wasn't embarrassed about the dirty towels at all. There wasn't much concern about the junky Wi-Fi either.

I didn't like anything about this hotel. It was the worst one on our vacation.

Wouldn't suggest to anyone.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room smelled like smoke, was terribly dirty, the bed cover had a cigarette burn hole in it, the bathtub had mold and the floor was sticky. The lobby was dirty. The area that was for breakfast still ad food on the tables at 10pm. The lady who worked there couldn't bother to put her cell phone down to answer a question. My wife and daughter were accosted by two homeless gentlemen drinking beer in the parking lot and there was a man selling drugs in the parking lot.

Nice budget friendly to stay overnight

Paper thin walls, but I guess all motels are like that. Noise from other rooms woke us up.

Very close by to University of Findlay which we visited and that's why we picked this location. Nice size queen beds.

Gross and dirty
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Needle in parking lot, dirty floors, lots of maintenance issues like carpet coming away from wall, lighting not working and other small items. The room was filthy. Bought sanitizer wipes because room didn't smell or look clean. First room had dirty sheets, floor was dirty and the room smelled like smoke. Went to front desk to ask for new room. Front desk girl rolled her eyes. Second room, pillowcases were dirty, floor dirty, fridge dirty, floor had salt from the winter on it still. Not sure when it was cleaned last. I think there was breakfast but wouldn't dream of touching it after the 2 rooms I had seen.

A one time visit.

The room was lackluster. Luckily, the second bed was a little softer than the first. And I am fond of firm mattresses. We were looking for a motel that offered breakfast. Sadly, the Super 8 saw breakfast differently from our view f breakfast. While the waffle tasted good, the water thin syrup on hand ruined it. There was no coffee for my wife. The young lady charged with overseeing the dining area seemed to be out of her element.

Staff was friendly close to highway

Unfortunately we were given smoking rooms when we requested non smoking - was late at night so didn't request to be moved. Both rooms had many cigarette burns on the bedding and the rooms were old and looked a little rough. Clumps of hair in the bathtub - (both rooms) were a bit disturbing.

Staff was friendly close to highway

Great area! So so room.

This property has had a few name changes over the years and it seems like every time it changes name there is an attempt to upgrade--it looks like they're working on the place now. The bathtub was not clean (it was the same way last year too), the bedspread had stains, and the room smelled moldy. The pillows were too thin and the mattress was low quality, i.e. not supportive.

We stay here every year because of the location. Across the side parking lot is a great little grocery store with a coffee kiosk that opens at 7 am. Down the road are several dining opportunities and there is also a gas station as you return to I75. I sometimes travel through this area alone and I have never felt unsafe. Love the area!! The flooring in our room was the imitation wood which I prefer over carpet. We had a microwave and frig--great! The breakfast was pretty good, waffles, yogurt and fruit cups, white and wheat toast, cereal, some danish, so so coffee, but good orange juice, milk, tea, etc. The staff was very friendly.

The breakfast was great, need more fruit.

We stayed an extra day, hubby was wore out from driving and all. I went up front to get 5 bath towels for everyone to get a shower, the young girl was very rude, acted as if I was a bother, then when I said 5 bath towels, she made a comment under her breath, then questioned me about getting 5 towels. Not a good encounter with her. Rude!!!!!!!

The breakfast was great, need more fruit. But overall it was nice to not have to leave to get some breakfast.

You get what you pay for.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room was very dirty, bedding was stained, large hole in ceiling, smelled like an ashtray,very noisy.

Parking just outside the room, easy to access location.

No shampoo, must have been an old smoking room, A/C unit...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No shampoo, must have been an old smoking room, A/C unit appeared damaged (though it did operate),sink slowly drained water even with stopper not applied, bed was hard.

Show up in the dark...You don't want to see this place in the light.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel property was very degraded. The large Super 8 sign was spray painted over with Red Roof. The entrance was under construction.

The room was clean. The bed was comfortable.

Good for a couple nights.

Let them know the day we left, that they had a bad seal on the reserve tank on the toilet. Just piled towel and hand towels around the base both days. The microwave didn't work and they needed more space for a small table and chairs. My daughters both had trouble keeping the wifi to stay in on their iPhones.

The Beds were comfortable and bathroom and room was clean. Had a lot of restaurants to choose from close by.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

It is more of a stay for road workers! Etc.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bathroom needs work, lots of mold in the seams. Towels are very small. Doesn't compare at all to Super 8 in Maumee that we stay at.

No eggs or anything. Just rolls and pancake maker.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The drive through check in made me nervous, like the staff was afraid of the public and we should be, too. The floor in our room was dirty. The bedspreads were stained. I found what really looked like a bed bug in my bed the next morning. The coffee was nasty, the orange juice was off, and we left as quickly as we possibly could get out. I wanted a hot shower but not in that bathroom! We will not be back.

budget freindly place to sleep
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

it was older an thats ok bead spread was stained an dirty looking other wise room seemed clean did not have a clock inroom or a coffee maker had to get coffee from vend machine it was terrible

it was reasonable cost we did not have breakfast liked the wood floors instead of carpet

5.5
    This was my stay at . The Red Roof Inn Finely Ohio
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Having to park so far away from my truck , and my tools in the back of my truck ! It was long walk around the corner of the building at 200 am to my 2nd floor room near the other end of the building . Poorly lit parking lot on the other end of the property.

The room was Clean . no bed bugs are Roaches !

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Why I Won't Stay Here Again
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I thought I was booking a Red Roof Inn, but when I got there they said they were converting to a Super 8 (even though the Red Roof Inn sign was still there). The room was not the cleanest - stains on bedspread & chair, etc.

Easy access to & from I-75. Lots of restaurants close by.

Yellowed pillow cases, mouse feces, and terrible customer service
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I travel often and have worked in hospitality. I've never felt so inclined to make a poor review until my stay at this property. The pillow cases were yellowed, the room was not cleaned properly, there were cigarette burn marks on the sheets, and there were mouse feces in the shower. The staff informed me that all of the pillow cases are like that and that they are yellow because they are used a lot. The tv was broken. I am utterly beside myself at how terrible the service and room was. I strongly recommend picking another property to stay at.

Good value
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Freshly painted room. Paint smell was very strong. Idiots upstairs that thought it was ok to party all night and run up and down the stairs and balcony all night.

Bed was very comfortable. Good location. Easy to get to. Fast check in even with 4 people in line in front of me and only one desk clerk.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Stay was adequate beds were clean nothing special
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Parking was poor had to park a long distance from room. No mirror in bathroom to shave by. Light over sink outside of bathroom did not work, did not have enough light to shave by. Continental breakfast was a few store bought sweet rolls that's it.

Beds where good and clean no bugs ,a quiet stay

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

skip this one!!spend the extra $ and when you leave you won't feel like you need a shower!!
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

We arrived, said we had no reservation, showed them my comformation,said that was Booking.com fault , never should book with them..., than found us a room , smoking and queen bed (opposite of what we needed and reserved)Than wanted more $$$,,finally after arguing that point they honored my booked price,dirty, run down, door lock not working, cold ,black mold in bathroom, towels dirty , foot prints on towels, smoke detector beeping, holes in walls, no pictures on walls, no shampoo...

out of the rain/TV worked. remote didn't

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Waffle maker no waffle mix to actually make waffles.

Waffle maker no waffle mix to actually make waffles. Took dirty linen to cleaning staff since I got sick and.it had vomit however got accused of stealing linen

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

The room was comfortable and the beds were nice.
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We planned on staying 3 nights but we left after 1 because our room never got clean the next day, no clean towels provided, breakfast was not very good, beverages were on the bland side

The room was comfortable and the beds were nice.

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

Worst place I ever stayed
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

When we pulled in to parking there was a group of people standing on hotel sidewalk and when they saw we were parking they scattered like there was illegal transactions going on. Went into room suppose to be handicapped room wife could not get her walker into room . And that's not even the best part there was black mold in the shower and all over bathroom. Place looked a a pay by the hour whorehouse. I would not recommend this hotel to my enemies. And its a shame because every other red roof I've stayed at thru out the u.s. was a wonderful experience. Also floors were so dirty it ruined our socks turned the bottoms completely black

Absolutely nothing.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Woodwork on door an

Woodwork on door an Woodwork on front and bathroom doors filthy?

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Super 8 Findlay, Ohio

The breakfast needed a bigger selection for people with diabetes.

The comfortable bed and clean facility.

Clean and comfortable I’ve stayed here several times and...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Clean and comfortable I’ve stayed here several times and it’s a great place to stay especially for the money.

• Queen Room - Mobility Access/Non-Smoking

Never again will I stay here
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Smell and old tub not clean towel stains

Picture on Web site looks way better than the smell and cleanness

Glad it was just one night
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Shower rods held up by paper towel Ceiling flailing down

Not much very much a dump of a hotel

There was nothing good for breakfast.

There was nothing good for breakfast. The website said waffles, ect. But it was all cold. Nothing hot.

We always stay when we are in Findlay.

The bed was too firm

We like the hard surface flooring

Price

Not clean or up to date by any standards.

Price

dissappointed
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

bedding sucked terrible mattress and pillow

I'd never stay here again.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bathroom was dirty - insects - have two bites on arm

Convenient to reason for trip.

Room was clean and smoke free

Price was right

Will skip them next time.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Place was disgusting pit.

This hotel was a disgrace. Breakfast was a joke.

No view .
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Snow removal was not very well done.

No view ... A fence and another motel

we were in town for a class reunion. did not spend alot of time at the motel. location ws great.

Bathroom tile was craxked

Easy access from highway. Quiet location

I would not recommend this property. There are much better properties in the area at the same price
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The duct tape in the shower and the outlets without covers.

Close parking

The WiFi didn't work, the coffee was horrible, ice machine didn't work.

Close parking

The towels, sheets and throw in the bed are all stained. Towels were like sandpaper.

While many updates I won't be back. Not worth saving $ to fear taking shower

Dirty shower, sheets on one bed were stained, towels stained, small and very poor quality

Room was not clean

Room was not clean

quiet
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

scary other patrons - buncha creepy good ol boys grilling and drinking in parking lot

quiet

It was very poor.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I would rather be kicked in the shin 100 times than to ever stay in the same block as this disgusti

Everything about the disgusting place!

Nothing! I liked it when we left!

WiFi was poor

WiFi was poor

We would have left, but all other hotels/motels were sold out due to the storm.

Bedding

The sheets were stained

1.5 stars

Poor remodeling job smells

They had a microwave & fridge

It was OK and receptionist was very helpful
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It was not particularly clean

It was OK and receptionist was very helpful

Could not get on internet

Could not get on internet

The view out the Windows.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The mattress was a little to hard.

The view out the Windows.

clean bed

filthy floors

clean bed

It was good!
    • Queen Room - Mobility Access/Non-Smoking

Carpet needs to be cleaned. Need new blankets (had holes in the one I had in the room)

First floor

Stay away

Smelled, dirty dirty,ice machine did'nt work had to buy ice

The mattress was good breakfast was okay

Very dirty and smelled like smoke

The dirty room.

Friendly, efficient staff.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bath towels too thin and too small. No coffee in room. Lackluster cleanliness

Friendly, efficient staff.

Great value
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

For the money it was a great stay.

The bed was just perfect. The shower was nice and hot.

I was very pleased my room was great and i loved the breakfast
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Nothing it was all great

It was perfect and exactly what i was looking for