Reviews of Motel 6 Gatlinburg Smoky Mountains 2 stars

309 Ownby Street, Gatlinburg, TN 37738, USA

#62 of 73 hotels in Gatlinburg

6.2

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There is nothing nice to say about this motel 6. When first pulling in, it is run down and in the middle of a run down neighborhood, looks kind of like a ghetto. Once getting into the room it looks nothing like the photos on here, the walls are dirty like someone smeared mud all over them. The bathroom was absolutely disgusting, the entire room needed a deep clean. The floors were nasty, there was so much dust piled up everywhere. When going to our room, the numbers were just slips of paper tapped to the door. With how nasty the room was, I was afraid to take our son to the pool. The beds were extremely uncomfortable and you needed 3 or 4 pillows to elevate your head. If I were you I’d pay a little more for a better hotel to stay at.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Area seemed a little sketchy at first but no problems. A little more of a walk to town so if you have younger kids make sure you have a stroller

Great value clean rupdated room

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bed was Horrible! The room was dirty, the bathroom was dirty, shower was super small, the floor was hilly. The door had a big gap in it, looked liked it was kicked in before. I will never stay again. The pool was filthy.

Not much really!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Dirty! Mold on bathroom ceiling! Bathroom was super small! Didn't have the right toilet seat! No shower head! Bathroom door wouldn't shut! Floor dirty! They never swept it the floor! Must wear shoes on the room or your feet and socks will get dirtt on bottom! The same bread tie was in our room all three nights! It was there when we walked in! Our balcony had a hole in it! Door to balcony was broken! Holes in wall above bed! Bed uncomfortable! They sat they got to clean rooms everyday......but I really couldn't see what was ever cleaned! Pool was disgusting! No breakfast like the site said! Would never go back and I will never suggest anyone staying there! Enjoyed Gatlinburg but motel 6 was a huge disappointment!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Balcony - Non-Smoking

Beds weren’t that comfortable. Had to have someone clean mild off bathroom ceiling. The roof was getting replaced and we did not know prior to booking, it was loud and very annoying. Had nasty rotting wood fall onto our balcony and all over the chairs on our balcony from the roof. Roof guys worked on roof until 8pm and then I was woken up at 8AM by the work crew. Had there been a notice ANYWHERE about the roof being worked on, we would have stayed elsewhere.

Nice location to National Park. Balcony. Dog Friendly.

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

They don’t have good staff they seem as they don’t know what there doing. The rooms are not clean the floor makes your feet black there so nasty. They came around the next morning for room service all the done was tucked the sheets didn’t even make the bed back and there’s no breakfast like I was told. The pictures on here Are not what they look like what so ever. The location is really close to the strip but is in the ghetto and is scary at night time walking back to. The price is good for the rooms they are worth it if it’s just you and your partner but if you have children I wouldn’t.

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I was disappointed that the pool was not open the entire time we were there. Felt as though we were in the slums of Gatlinburg.

You can see the tram from your front door. There is a cat they call M6 wandering outside, very friendly.

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

They are updating the property which is great. Some areas still need work. The drawers did not fit properly in the cabinet, no hair dryer in the bathroom and bathroom not updated.

Close to downtown, pet friendly. Quiet area. Updating property. New paint, repairing pool area.

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The floors however could have been paid a little better attention to. Some of the towels were stained or smelled kinda funny, but when we requested new ones or more they had no problem fixing it for us. Only other thing is the bathroom light didn't turn on sometimes but it is what it is!

For a pet friendly hotel, the rooms looked and smelled extremely clean. First hotel I've stayed at that the non-smoking room doesn't smell like smoke, so that's great. The rooms looked to be newer and refurbished, new flat screen TV and what-not. The part of town it's in looks a little run down but didn't bother us at all. Overall staff was nice and this Motel 6 was definitely better than some others we've been to. Location was GREAT, we came in to do some hiking and we were right on the edge of the national forest.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

This hotel is misrepresented on the web site. Does not look anything like the pictures. No working pool, bugs in the room, totally disgusting. Reception area was a mess. Plastic garbage bags over the chairs, dirty.

Absolutely nothing!!!

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Rooms aren't well sound proof at all. Very outdated accommodations. A/C didn't work great

Good location close to downtown. A clean place to stay at least.

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

They need to cleanup the exterior so that the river is in view. The pool was also not open.

They are currently remodeling the hotel. New floors and fixtures were nice.

• Deluxe King Room with Fireplace - Non-Smoking

The location was not what we were expecting. The motel itself could use some renovations. The room itself was fine but bathroom needs work. The neighborhood the motel is located in seemed a little iffy. Several old buildings and cars are the first thing you see when entering the parking lot. Pool was empty. Whole place just needs work.

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

drove over 3 hrs. with 2 house broke dogs. They er like our babies. Hotel said pet friendly, but was told could not leave in room when we went to the Dixie Stampede, the only attraction we went to. I had to leave dogs in our van with the car running, due to heat, and worried about someone breaking In to steal dogs or van.

Very good staff at the desk. Looks like motel recovering from recent local fires, was not distracting. all was relaxing. Love the pet walking trail.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Balcony - Non-Smoking

The lamps used to light the room were broken. A/C would turn on but left a terrible mildew smell and the room was very stuffy inside the entire time. Loud neighborhood in front and behind the hotel. Fixtures in the bathroom continued to leak throughout our stay no matter what we tried to do to stop them. No working fan in the bathroom so if you took a hot shower, you had to leave the door open so you could breathe in there. The comforters on the beds were stained, along with the towels they provided.

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The parking was tight nothing else was a problem

Very clean and nice location to where we wanted to be everything was walking distance very satisfied with the room

• Deluxe Queen Room with Balcony - Non-Smoking

THAT THE GIRL THAT CHECKED ME IN KEPT TELLING ME THAT IT WAS THE HOTEL'S POLICY TO TURN AWAY LOCALS BUT SHE WOULD LET ME CHECK IN, EVEN THOUGH SHE WASN'T SUPPOSED TO LET LOCALS STAY. EVEN THOUGH I WAS ONE OF THE FIRST GUEST TO CHECK IN, THERE WAS ONLY 1 CAR IN THE PARKING LOT WHEN I CHECKED IN, I WAS GIVEN A ROOM THAT THE ROOM NUMBER WAS WRITTEN ON A PIECE OF PAPER AND TAPED ON THE DOOR AND THE BACK DOOR OF THE ROOM HAD A BROKEN LOCK. THE BACK DOOR LEAD TO A WOODED AREA AND A CREEK. NOT A GOOD SITUATION. THE MALE AT THE DESK WAS VERY NICE AND KEPT CORRECTING THE GIRL AND TOLD HER SHE WAS WRONG AND TO QUIT SAYING LOCALS COULD NOT CHECK IN.

THE LOCATION AND PRICE

• Deluxe Queen Room with Balcony - Non-Smoking

The rooms were not very clean when we got there and had to request new clean sheets, the balcony was in very poor shape the paint was falling off of it and was very run down. The walls in the room, bathroom, etc were all dirty and had like black marks on them. The beds move if you touch them so don’t lean on them. You get what you are paying for I guess.

It was in a great location from the strip. It wasn’t on the strip which was perfect and the walk wasn’t too bad. You get what you pay for the basic things, the employees were great

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Dirty, bad part of town all run down not enough parking. Room dirty and stinky mold on cleaning. Floors were nasty. Website photos not accurate.

Not one thing

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It was filthy Floors, mould on ceiling in bathroom Smelt like urine in the breezeway Old TVs outside in the rain Phone was filthy and didn’t even work

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

This stay we were in a rear room and it didn't seem to have as many updates. The bathroom door was hard to close. There seemed to be more seedy people walking around. The outside area definitely doesn't match the inside or the rest of the experience of how be beautiful Gatlinburg is. Although there is a trolley stop right outside, this time the trolley seemed very sporadic. We had to walk back.

The location to the center of town, the beds were comfortable, easy check in and check out.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The bathroom could've used a fresh coat of caulking and tub a good scrub along with the light switches. The neighborhood is kinda sketchy and overall not a hotel you'd want to spend any time other than to just sleep in. The location is good for the price as it is within walking distance to the Parkway, just uncomfortable walking past the rundown or empty apartment complexes nearby but didn't feel unsafe (hopefully that makes sense) :)

The room had a nice view over the creek and it looked to be newly updated and was a very large room.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The smoke alarm kept beeping and they never would send anyone up there to fix it so we had to fix it ourselves. There were a few broken spots on the bathroom door that looked like someone had punched it. The location was close to the strip in Gatlinburg, but the area was shady if ya know what I mean.

The staff was perfect and upgraded us to a king room with no extra charge because we were accidentally placed in a smoking room. The room was very cozy and the bed was extremely comfortable.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

It looked run down. They don't have do not disturb signs. Trying to nap and have house keeping banging on your door is awful.

Nice quiet room. Room was clean.

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

HOTEL IS VERY OLD,ALTHOUGH THEY HAVE DONE UPDATES NOT A VERY GOOD HOTEL. ALTHOUGH WE DIDNT HAVE KIDS I WOULDNT BRING KIDS TO THIS LOCATION.

they clerkn on duty was very nice. close to everything on river road

• Deluxe King Room with Fireplace - Non-Smoking

Parking lot was trashed with Old TVS and Box Springs ETC other Guest had their Underwear and Tents hanging over the railings NO HOT WATER Staff said they are not aware of any Problems They not even say Sorry

That is was in Gatlinburg And The ROOM was clean

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Dirty room, AC didn't work, horrible pillows, mold all over bathroom and room smelled moldy. Shady looking people hanging outside the motel. This is the slums of Gatlinburg & I did not get a good deal !!

Nothing !!

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The first room that I was in ... the tub water from the above room was leaking through into my bathroom. So I was given another room. The bathroom ceiling in both the rooms that they put me in was covered in Black Mold.

The staff was awesome. There was no electrical outlet near the bed for my Cpap to hook up to. So the staff brought me an extension cord.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Balcony - Non-Smoking

Great location! Room was clean and stocked with plenty of towels and pillows. Air and heat worked great and it was a quiet location. Every afternoon when we got back to the hotel the room had been cleaned, beds made and towels restocked. Sheets were changed on the 3 night. I also loved that our dog was allowed to stay and they didn’t charge extra. We will be staying here again.

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Rooms had a very bad odor, no toiletries, no coffee, no blow dryer, not very clean, tank lid on the toilet didn't even fit. Would not recommend this place to anyone. Would tell everyone to avoid it.

Absolutely nothing!!!!

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Heat/A C unit didnt have a thermostat. I had to get up throughout the night to adjust the temp of the room. Pillows were flat, and I mean flat!

Room looked old with a fresh coat of paint to dress it up. Carpet around bed only. The rest of the room was a cold fake wood laminate or something similar.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Balcony - Non-Smoking

The fact the hotel guy smelt Like booze!!!! Was told my balcony was facing water but looked over parking lot! Not the location I thought it was!!!

That it had a balcony and that I was able to pay night by night rather than all at once.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Balcony - Non-Smoking

Our room was not ready till 30 mins after check in. The hotel needs a major update. The door to the balcony only locked with a dead bolt and it was so nasty u could not seat on it. The whole room needed a deep cleaning.

The staff was really nice.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Balcony - Non-Smoking

The balcony was a fall hazard especially if you have young children which I did. I did have to go to the office to complain about the people above me. They did take care of the situation. My other issue is there were 4 of us in the room. We were given 3 towels and 1 washcloth. I do know they are renovating but would it hurt to pick up the trash around the outside so it doesn’t look like a dump. I also know that once renovations are done inside they are also renovating the outside. Maybe that will help. Beds were comfy. There is a mini fridge and microwave in the room. Bathroom is very small. Their cleaning staff could clean a lot better. Corners in bathroom could have used a good scrubbing. If you are a motel 6 rewards member they don’t know what they are. Was told I’m sorry maybe this is something corporate does but we are a franchise. They did only want to give me one key with 3 adults in the room. He reluctantly gave me another one but stressed that if I lost it there would be a charge of $3. They aren’t super friendly but they wasn’t exactly rude either. Don’t think I will stay here again unless a lot has changed. My room was 262 and instead of having the number on a plaque it was written on a piece of paper and taped to the door.

The inside of the room had been renovated to an extent.

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Pretty much everything! Front desk attendants were friendly enough but hygiene and personal appearance were pretty bad. They wore dirty, wrinkled clothes. Trashy tattoos with facial piercings. The manager had rotten and missing front teeth...upper and lower.

Only the location of the Motel 6. It needs to be demolished to the ground! Sell out while you can to someone who could actually build a much nicer accomodation.

• Deluxe King Room with Fireplace - Non-Smoking

The floors were nasty...and had not been cleaned in a very long time!!! I had Clorox wipes with me and spilled something and wiped it up and the wipes were black!!!!

The rate and location.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Balcony - Non-Smoking

I had to scrub the bathroom because it was nasty. The safety lock was broken, the back door knob looked as if someone tried the brake in it, and the balcony was nasty

The staff was friendly

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

This is our second time staying here. While checking in, we even requested the same room as our first visit, (which I left a Positive review). After checking in, we immediately left for dinner. When we arrived, (late in the evening), back at the hotel we found the room to have a strong pet urine smell. Fortunately we brought out essential oil diffuser for air freshening. The floor had not been swept or mopped, and we would “only “ let our 8 pound Shih Tzu on the floor for potty breaks on her pee pad. This surely was employee “neglect”, and should not be tolerated and house keeping should be reprimanded! Upon check out, I told the lady at the front desk of our plight. She was very understanding and apologetic! It is unfortunate for each of us, that this has happened! We travel to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area 3 to 4 times a year. At this point, we have no intention of staying at this hotel again!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The price for quskity received , no amenenities, linens, parking

Motel was rather dated but did appreciate the room was fairly clean. Bathroom and linens were worn and used. It was last minute decision to go to Winterfest and we were glad to find a room. I realize destination is a tourist area but price (with our AARP discount) was a little much. Parking was a real issue. We had to have a pet friendly room so we could not stay with our church group at there motel which was really nice.

• Deluxe King Room with Fireplace - Non-Smoking

Twice we tried to get in The Jacuzzi tub and there was literally no hot water, that was the whole point of renting with this facility, water in the sink and bathroom had no hot water as well, we had to call and wait for it to be fixed twice‼️ This was an engagement proposal stay so kinda irritated us with all the amenities not working

Comfortable bed, pillows, nice view of the river

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was filthy. The floor had no carpet-tiles peeling up at the corners. The bedspread had holes and tears with yellowing-not sure if stained or not cleaned. Therefore, I didn't want to sleep in the bed so I slept on top of my blanket. They did have WIFI that worked ok.

There was a little orange kitty outside that I thought was really cute!

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The toilet and the shower messed up the night before we left but i understand things happen so it really wasnt that big of a deal, and they fixed our toilet in no time! The shower messed up actually the day we left but i let them know!

My fiance and i absolutey loved this place and the location, as soon as we opened our door it was the creek and i couldn't ask for a better staff they were so friendly. It was a very nice room defiantly for the price i paid!

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Location is not convenient. Area is a little sketchy and is a very long walk to town.

Rooms were very up to date and extremely clean. Front desk staff was awesome.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Balcony - Non-Smoking

Thr lady at the front desk wecomed us by saying we can not stay there because we were local.She then informed us that they had previously had problems from other local guest's and so that this is there policy. And then she for what ever reason she let us chech in..It sure didn't make us feel very welcome. I would not recomend this motel. The floors had no carpet and were not very clean. And the outside looked run down and trashed. What a dump.This is the one and only time we would stay there and recommend you stay elsewhere as well. Sincerely, A local family who won't return anyway. (I guess no group of peaple like to be discriminated against.)

Large tv

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Only enough not water for 1 person out of 4 to get to shower.bathroom shower wasn't cleaned very well . No shampoo just a body bar. Not very clean on the outside .

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The mattress cover underneath the sheets was dingy and stained. It is a pet room but that could definitely use a new one.

We liked that we were able to bring our large dogs. The dog walk area had room for them to run, do their business and Sniff around. The property is close enough to walk to town. The staff was very accommodating. The appliances were updated. Didn’t smell like dirty animal.

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I actually ended up getting so sick and taken to the local hospital via ambulance and was admitted til Saturday then we Checked out a day early due to me being so sick and it was prior to 12 noon they refused to refund my money for the Saturday night stat for 2 rooms. It wasn't like I was leaving becayse i was upset with them I was very sick and honestly still am and im having surgery this morning due to this sickness. I tipped the cleaning staff well even tho I never slept there the staff watched me being taken away in an ambulance and all they'd say was no refund.now I will never stay there again and I go to TN 6-8 times each year. And I'll tell everyone I know to avoid that place. I mean $62 each room refund due to a sickness I don't think that would have broke them.

It was the same ol same ol ive stayed there before with no problems at all til this time.

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Trashy!!! Staff charged my card hours before arrival.when we were supposed to pay when we arrived. Room it’s self, smelled awful of smoke! Was nasty! Floors were dirty, walls were nasty. Live roachs found in our room. I was pissed! Girl that did check out took card said thank you and walked off. So I didn’t even get to make a complaint. ! I will never stay again!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Rooms need a little more attention when being cleaned. The pillows we're paper thin.

The location is perfect. Walking distance from downtown and a shirt drive to the top of the mountain.

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There wasn't enough hot water to take a shower. Mine lasted about 3 minutes before it went to luke warm, then my husband got all cold. A hot shower is a must especially at a hotel.

Bed.

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Run down, noisy (dog barking, deliveries being made very loudly at 6am), room not clean(hair on the counter, cobwebs hanging from the light fixtures), no ice bucket and no operating ice machine, no shampoo provided, desk clerk very reticent to provide two room keys although there were two guests staying in room, tv on its last legs, draperies torn from rod.

It has free parking, cheap

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

They put us in smoking but we didn’t notice until after returning from dinner & walking around town so the front desk was closed. When I tried to complain the guy at the desk blamed it on booking,com and said “sorry, have a nice day.” The property is dirty, run down and trashy. Cigarette burns on the bathtub, cigarette butt in the bathroom, cracked & peeling paint (see photos). Sticky floors, room smelled like an ash tray, bathroom smelled like a sewer and we were given 2 small towels and a washcloth for 3 people. There was trash, old chairs & TVs in the hallway. Dirty ice machine, soda machine not working, rusted metal stairs, trash everywhere and an overflowing dumpster. There wasn’t even a room number on our door, we had to guess. This hotel should lose its flag.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Miranda in the office is a joyful and sweet girl! Very helpful! Makes you feel very welcomed and does what she needs to do to be as helpful as she can!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Balcony - Non-Smoking

It started with the room number which was a piece of shabby paper because the metal numbers were missing. Very dirty bathroom and room overall. Place hasn’t been properly cleaned in years. Even to a point where we were afraid it would pose a health risk to our small kids. Definitely not Motel 6 standard. Area is very shabby with a few run down, poorly removated Motels around. Really depressing. Only good thing is the walking distance to the parkway ( bars, restaurants). Really close. But would NOT stay again.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Balcony - Non-Smoking

Tv kept shutting offf after 30 min. Half of the outlets didn't work, as we had to hunt to find one that did to charge our phones. Heating system made a cricket noise. The bathroom was very small!!.

Would be nice if u offered a continental breakfast as we had a handicap person, and would of had been nice to have stayed to have a light breakfast.

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I was so scared to use the pet trial.It's in the woods and unlit.I was to scared to go out by myself.Mountain lions and bear's are in the woods.

We did not want anything fancy.Just easy,to get to room.I liked,ground level,and parking at the door.Most of all I would not go with out my 23 year old chihuahua.She is blind & deaf and old.Having her with us meant so much to us!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The man at the desk wasn't very nice. When I went into the room there was a big bug on the floor so I went back and told him he said that it was common here and the toilet didn't flush very well

the lady at the motel that worked at the desk was a really nice person

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

They needed to clean a little better behind the toilet I noticed.

This hotel is a great value and a 2 minute or less walk from the Main Street. We had 2 dogs with us anc it was perfect. I would not recommend this hotel for a romantic honeymoon or anything, but if you are traveling on a budget it is perfect.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The room was considered non smoking, but smelled of smoke. The heater pulled in outside air and there were people smoking on the balcony in the room next to ours. I also felt that the room could have been cleaner- random hairs in the bathroom and a few drink rings (coffee) on the night table.

The location was good. Had a work Christmas party to attend. The front desk clerk was very nice and efficient.

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We had a room that needed a lot of repairs. Light switch was falling out of the wall, the fan in the bathroom was completely gone, the toilet seat was too big for the toilet. The toilet was too short.

The staff was great. It was close to town.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

It was in a bad part of town. Says within walking distance. And it's really not. We still had to pay to park. Was told we had a view of the stream, no stream.. Just a dirty wooded view.

Price.

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The beds were very hard and uncomfortable. Our room was around back so our truck couldnt be parked in front of room and in view.

The rooms looked remodeled. I liked thecset up of the rooms.

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It was just a room, no amenities & few necessities. No tissues, ice bucket, no fan in bathroom, heat/air conditioning unit had mold in it & was very noisy. 3 of us were booked in the room & only had 2 towels & wash cloths. We were able to obtain additional from the office. Pillows looked to be years old & flat, glad we brought our own. Free coffee was not particularly hot. At least we didn't see any bugs!

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The building itself is older, the bathroom could have used some repair and updating....but seriously....I didn't spend much time in the room, so it wasn't much of an issued!

The front desk staff was amazing! The location is great and for the price, you just can't beat it!

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The distance from destination, and incorrect information given. No coffee maker, not enough towels for three guest only had two towels. no wash cloths.

the room was clean and beds not bad

• Deluxe King Room with Fireplace - Non-Smoking

It's slightly aged versus the front picture on the website. And you don't really know what type of guests you are gonna be dealing with. The bathroom is sort of small so if you want a larger restroom I would go for the suites.

The location is like 5 min walk to the parkway where u can access the distillerys and restaraunts super easy! With the back door being the mountains it was perfect. The fire in the room was a nice touch. And the cleaning staff is very subtle.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The bathroom had a stained/dirty ceiling and low shower head. The water pressure was great though!

Great location, easy walk to downtown. They allow dogs so we made this our overnight spot after hiking in the mountains.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

It was further away so walking wasn’t an option. The hotel was at traffic light #10 which is at the very end then about 3-4 blocks up a hill.

It was in downtown Gatlinburg and had a creek behind it so it was really peaceful.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The building is old, and the exterior could use an update.

The Room was clean and updated, flat screen TV and no carpet. Everything worked well. The staff were very nice.

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Garbage man waking us up at 3:30 a.m. (beeping when backing up).

Really would love to know what kind of mattress and mattress toppers were in Room 116 at Motel 6 on Ownby Street in Gatlinburg. Best/most comfortable bed I've ever had on the road.

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The walk-through needs to be cleaned up and painted.

It is an Original Gatlinburg Motel that has been transformed into a Motel 6. I love the nostalgia of Gatlinburg.

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Building looking old, cramped parking area. Run-down apartment buildings on adjacent properties are an eyesore.

Very reasonable rates. Clean room within walking distance to nearest attractions.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Balcony - Non-Smoking

no one in the office to make coffee until 7am, I'm an early riser. Would like to see coffee pots in the rooms

clean and comfortable, could use some updating

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I was very stunned to find out there was not a Front Desk person assigned to the hotel on Wednesday night. We had a major problem with the power and there was no one to assist us. I called the two numbers on the door to just get a recording and no call back before we checked out. I also had to leave my room key in the room because of no attendant on duty. I would never stay there again. Was not a happy customer 😬

Bed was very squkie, no wash cloths or floor Matt to step on out of the shower. Not the best stay I've had. Would probably not stay there again 😕

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The room was not as pictured in the ad, the room was dirty, had a bathtub ring around the tub and the toliet seat had paint peeling off it along with the walls. The entrance balcony had peeling paint off the bannisters and the concrete of the landing was crumbling. I complained to the Front desk and they did move us to a room that looked more like the photos, but it was not at the standard of clean that one expectS a motel rated 4-stars. The person that rated this Motel 6 at 4-stars was blind or paid off. I will never stay at this Motel 6 again and will not recommend it to anyone. I will also choose another booking agency than use booking.com again.

The shuttle to the main street where all the activities and shop were located.