Reviews of Red Roof Inn Indianapolis - Greenwood 2 stars

110 Sheek Road, Greenwood, IN 46143, USA

#3 of 4 hotels in Greenwood

• Deluxe Queen Room with One Queen Bed - Non-Smoking

Needs a deep cleaning and repairs. It was 93° and the a/c wouldn't allow fan to run so, we had to go buy a fan. A lil disappointed with facility.

The beds were very comfy and the staff was very nice and accommodating. Aside from a few things I found this is a good facility.

• Deluxe Queen Room with One Queen Bed - Non-Smoking

This room was as clean as any expensive room I've stayed in. It smelled fresh and was spotless. The bed was more comfortable than I expected for a room at this price point.

• Deluxe Queen Room with One Queen Bed - Non-Smoking

It was dirty and I got trapped in the bathroom the door knob latch and door trim latch bit loose and stuck together .the towels and wash rags were very ruff to use

The shower head was nice.

• Deluxe Queen Room with One Queen Bed - Non-Smoking

Sink was cracked. Hair dryer was full of dust. Bed board back was dirty. Floor was dirty I had on white socks and they were dirty and only worn in room. Lighting was poor. Door in bathroom jammed and had to be slammed to shut properly. Only had coffee breakfast offerings were poor. Bed was hard and pillows were lumpy.

Bed linens and towels appeared to be clean.

• Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

We booked 2 queen beds, and when checking in he informed me that they upgraded our room to a suite. He said the hotel was overbooked and this is all he had available. This did not work for our situation. We needed 2 beds, not 1 bed and a pull out sofa bed. We decided to check the room out with the desk clerk. We get to our room to find COCKROACHES crawling on our bed! We obviously wasn't staying at this property!! This hotel is in need of much rehab!!

The front desk clerk was friendly

• Deluxe Queen Room with One Queen Bed - Non-Smoking

The sink had a large wide crack and needed to be replaced. The shower head was loose and sprayed everywhere (should have been caught by housekeeping), I happened to have Teflon tape and tools in my truck so I fixed it myself. The doors could use some new weatherstripping. They were advertising for a maintenance person, so that may be why those couple of things weren't right. Room was a bit smaller than the 3 hotels I was recently staying at.

I stayed for a week each in four different Indy area hotels. This was the only one I would stay at again. I had reservations for next week but had to cancel for other circumstances. Didn't smell of smoke. Was very clean. WiFi didn't try to hijack my devices. Recent paint job inside room. Was quiet. Basically the opposite of the three previous hotels. I asked about a weekly rate thru them instead of online and it ended up it would be a few dollars cheaper to stay with booking. If you want a cheap, no frills room, I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Superior King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Room was not clean and there was a lot of police activity at the property. Illegal drug parafinalia left in room. Didn't feel safe.

Room had a spa tub.

• King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Had snowed recently parking lot and walkways not cleared well

We love that bathtub/spa bath. Looking for something similar for house we are building

• Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Toilet tanks leaked all over every time is was flushed. Dirty towels. Thankfully, we Had to use them all to keep water from flooding room. So we had no towels to take a shower. We were traveling through and in a bad snow storm so we had to stop. Checked in late. Weeere driving from MI to FL. A shower would have been really nice. It was a pet room because we had a small dog. They put us upstairs with a dog.

• Deluxe Queen Room with One Queen Bed - Non-Smoking

No coffee in room. I am a coffe drinker. However, there is always coffee in front office. Not far waway.

The place is clean and cleaning crew does a good job. The front desk folks are very accommodating.

• Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Smelled like smoke and urine and was dirty. Everyone was standing in their doorways smoking. Passed one room and a mean dog lunged out at me barking. It was disgusting, dirty and gross and WAY OVERPRICED!!!

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast consisted of plastic wrapped muffins and danish. Ove TV did not work. One light bulb out in bathroom. Marijuana debris on top of dresser, either from previous guest or housekeeping.

Room was clean, but VERY strong air freshener scent.

• Superior King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

The airconditioner was very noisey.

Was very pleasant. Room carpets need replaced. Not sure the carpet was vaccumed, there was pieces of paper still on the floor. The coffeemaker coffee was not replaced or tidyed up. Needed extra towels for spa tub.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

FLOOR WAS SO FILTHY EVERYONE HAD TO WIPE OFF THEIR FEET WITH A HANDIWIPE TO GET INTO BED. SO MOIST IN THE ROOM THAT THE SHEETS FELT WET AND IT SMELLED LIKE MOLD IN THE ROOM. ROACH ON THE FLOOR IN THE BATHROOM.

NOTHING

• Deluxe Queen Room with One Queen Bed - Non-Smoking

Multiple times people were smoking on the balcony right by our rooms. We finally had to request a new room because our nonsmoking room was full of cigarette smoke. They moved us as soon as a room opened. The new room was fabulous and clean. The pool was unheated. The site had pastries and juice for breakfast but no milk or fruit. The site does not have a green space for children to play safely but you can drive to parks within 5-10 minutes of the hotel.

Soft bed, daily clean room, fridge worked great.

• Deluxe Queen Room with One Queen Bed - Non-Smoking

I had no car and so it was difficult getting from place to place. I needed to get dinner and I had to walk across busy highways with no sidewalk access or traffic lights. There was construction next to the hotel which was also an obstacle. The area where the hotel is located is definitely not pedestrian friendly. There was no public transportation. Otherwise I have no complaints.

Staff was accommodating to my requests because I had to cancel one night when I arrived. The cancellation was hassle free. Thank you.

• Deluxe Queen Room with One Queen Bed - Non-Smoking

Old, run down property; dirty room; Air conditioning only so good - room felt "clammy"; noisy people above us until late at night

We had a roof over our heads for the night

• Deluxe Queen Room with One Queen Bed - Non-Smoking

I was initially given a room that was already occupied. The toilet ran all night (needs new flapper) and the floor was dirty. The shower head sprayed as much water on the wall as came out the head. There was no cover plate on the outlet.

The lock on the door worked.

• Superior King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

My own opinion...Pillows could have been better but I am used to my own.

The whirlpool spa bath was incredible. I got so relaxed. The pool was fun and clean. The entire experience was awesome.

• Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I was notified, by a phone call, in the late morning that our room for that night was having air conditioning problems. They had a repairman and were working on resolving the problem. I had booked a room with 2 queen size beds. They wanted to know if I would change to a room with 1 king sized bed. I did not want to but saw no other choice other than to find a different hotel altogether. They told me that if the AC was fixed before we got there that I could have my original room. We arrived at 12:15am (shortly after midnight) and were not given the room with the 2 queen sized beds. My husband is an AC Tech. We know that they had 14 hours to have the AC repaired, which is plenty of time. So I question if the AC was even broken or not or if they had over booked. The bed was way too soft and was lower in the center, making you naturally roll/slide to the center. I did not sleep well and had a very sore back in the morning. The parking was horrible! The 2 spots in front of our room were filled. In fact all the parking spots were filled and we wound up parking at the front of the hotel. The only place we could find any kind of place to park. Making it a long walk to our room and meaning we couldn't see our car to keep an eye on it. It also stated that breakfast was included. The breakfast offered was prepackaged muffins. YUCK! No fruit or other breakfast items. No milk either, which if you are going to eat one of those nasty muffins, you might want I milk. If I had been traveling with my children, this would not have been a breakfast I would have wanted them to have.

The man who checked us in and out the next morning was very friendly. The location was right off the highway and easy to see and find.

• Deluxe Queen Room with One Queen Bed - Non-Smoking

The bed was very hard and not comfortable at all, the air conditioner work about half the time and the wifi was at a crawl. There was about 3 items for breakfast and none of which was very appealing.

Parking was good, and easy access to the highway.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Our toliet did not work and eventually became stopped up. Husband had to eventually go out and purchase a plunger. We had contacted the front office earlier However,, the manager did not show up until we were leaving. We couldn't wait that long for assistance!!

Location was a bit hard to find

• King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was just a basket of muffins and snacks.

It was great lodging and 10 minutes from where I needed to be. Good deal for the dollar. I will consider this for next year.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

• Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I thought the cleaning job could have been better. Could have payed more attention to detail. Example: floor corners in bathroom dirty...doors dirty around knobs...

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

• Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

There were no eggs, very disappointing & and the beds are very hard but some of the family like that,not me! But all there were was muffins for breakfast yuk!

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

• Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Room wasn't completely cleaned when we were given the key. Could hear noises nd voices during the night. Did not feel safe as we were told it was know for drug dealings had been raided a few weeks ago.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

• Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Continental breakfast was sadly lacking. I only had coffee and juice. Could have used some toast and/or a begal!

The clean room and comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with One Queen Bed - Non-Smoking

Continental breakfast was a joke. Weak coffee and small pre-packaged muffins. Come on. We asked for a non-smoking room. The card that indicates that the room is smoke free must have been placed just after the last guest, who was probably a smoker. We both smelled stale smoke as soon as the door opened.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with One Queen Bed - Non-Smoking

lumps of dough and cake like muffins were all that was available. Seniors should be given ground floor units and not expected to lug suitcases up the stairs..

Coffee was ok but weak. Cleaning staff were great.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

• Superior King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

The pool has been closed for some time. The carpet was very worn. The air conditioning unit had a broken knob that prevented us from regulating the blower. The overall cleanliness of the room left a lot to be desired.

The gentleman at the front desk was very friendly.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with One Queen Bed - Non-Smoking

Our room was on the highway side of the building and you can hear a lot of traffic noise. Not much of a breakfast and the coffee was not very hot. Another poor value. I am getting a bad impression of Red Roof Inns.

Great location just off the Highway.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• Superior King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

should have better breakfast bar. Instead of having muffins should have like the other hotels have hot breakfast.

what eggs, all you had was muffins who wants that.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Refrigerator was dirty on inside. Stayed 2 nights and when we returned for the second night there was a strong smokey odor in our room. Turn a/c up and in a couple of hours smell seemed to be gone. Overall was a nice facility and a pleasant stay. We would stay there again.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with One Queen Bed - Non-Smoking

No fruit or oatmeal available for breakfast. I'm gluten free so the pastries did not work for me. Also, no tea just coffee available as a hot beverage. The apple juice in the machine was super sweet; maybe consider a brand that is all natural and not made with high fructose corn syrup.

The facility was very clean. The check in/out process was a breeze. First time in the area and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay as the property was situated adjacent to the highway so I was minutes from everywhere. They should consider putting in an elevator or if there is one, let someone know.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with One Queen Bed - Non-Smoking

Breakfast is non-existent. Packaged muffin, coffee, juice. Nothing hot. No milk or cereal. Have to go outside to get to room from office. Beds were OK, room was clean but quite small. Lighting is dim and should be brighter. Would not recommend or stay there again. Our room had no number on the outside. No carpet, only bare floors so it is cold. Would be worse in the winter. Light bedding that would not be enough in the cold weather. Maybe the heat would be enough.

Close to I-65. Air conditioner worked. Sink area seemed new and was nice.

• Superior King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Saturday morning was woken up at 7:30 am by tree cutters but the hotel gave me discount to compensate

The big spa tub was fabulous. The bed was wonderful. Room very quiet. The tub wasn't like the one in picture but it was better.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

• King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

The exhaust fan in jacuzzi room needs some attending to. A few cobwebs around

The staff absolutely wonderful. They went out of their way to make our stay effortless. They even worked with florist to have flowers waiting in room when we arrived. The fact that our Jenny-dog could be with us made all the difference in the world.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with One Queen Bed - Non-Smoking

Exhaust fan in bathroom made a noise and the cover was falling off

My room was very clean. I noticed a couple of stains on the towels and the exhaust fan cover in the bathroom is falling off but other than that, everything was very nice and clean.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• Superior King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Room Carpet was Really really Dirty I got into the shower to take a shower and noticed dirt coming off the bottom of my feet. I wet a wash cloth with a little water and put the wash cloth on the floor and moved it with my foot about 1 inch . cloth was totally black .

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

• Superior King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

breakfast left a lot to be desired but did the job, just juice, coffee and pre package muffins.

We had the King suit jacuzzi tub it was wonderful. Bed and pillows were comfy too!!

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Good grief....I think it was the original furniture. Was not a nice appearing room at all!!! Will never go back. Plus they were dealing drugs behind the main building after dark in vehicles. Well people were walking up to vehicles that were driving thru and packets and cash were clearly visible,,,would assume that is what was happening.

what eggs? Paid in advance fir breakfast and got a packaged donut out of fridge

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with One Queen Bed - Non-Smoking

Kristy gave us extra towels and upgraded our room to a King Suite after a handle had broken on our sink. We were very surprised and pleased with the jacuzzi in the new room.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

• Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

First hotel I have ever been to that I had to ask for towels each day. Beds were super hard. Most housekeeping staff did not speak English.

Staff was friendly and room was very clean. Found a maintenance problem and it was taken care of immediately. Good customer service and knowledgable staff.

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

• Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn't like being hassled about when we were leaving every day for the six days we paid for by the cleaning crew and them putting the same sheets on our bed everyday even after kool aid was spilled.

I loved the front desk associate as well as the clean hardwood floors and comfy beds.

• Reviewed: 22 July 2016

• Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I got a call @ 6 PM that my credit card had not worked and he needed another credit card over the phone to hold the room until I arrived. I was hesitant to give the card over the phone and arrived @ 8:30 to a big story that someone had just checked out so a room had opened up. Of course the cost was more. The breakfast was a small counter with packaged donuts.

Room had been cleaned - cleaning supplies still on desk

• Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Most rooms looked like people lived permanently there; mold on shower ceiling; musty smell

• Deluxe Queen Room with One Queen Bed - Non-Smoking

room was ok, Breakfast was ok.

• Superior King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

The spa bath was great! Able to park right in front of room.

• Deluxe Queen Room with One Queen Bed - Non-Smoking

Housekeeping was kind of rude

Property was clean and in a great location

• Deluxe Queen Room with One Queen Bed - Non-Smoking

Not even a coffee pot there.... Very out of date in time

• Two Queen Bed Suite With Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

They could have had a better breakfast selections.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

My kids got bit by bugs and the sheets where dirty the toilet seat was broken

The location was perfect and the staff where nice

• Deluxe Queen Room with One Queen Bed - Non-Smoking

The mattress was too firm for me.

Convenient location for dinner options and Starbucks

Privacy

• Superior King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

I enjoyed my stay. It was very quiet

• Two Queen Bed Suite With Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

A little pricey.

Been there several times always nice.

• Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Maybe a little more variety on the breakfast. Cereal fruit could be added. I don't drink coffee but have hot chocoskte would be nice

Sheets kinda smelled

Pet friendly and able to pay with cash

Patience....

Staff that called my phone five minutes after my check in time was unnecessary considering I was in the parking lot...

Queen bed seemed small

• Deluxe Queen Room with One Queen Bed - Non-Smoking

All I wanted was the basics, a place to sleep in a clean bed with a tv. For the money , Red Roof with an excellent choice.

Very dated

Price

• Deluxe Queen Room with One Queen Bed - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was minimal; bath towels likewise.

Locvation, accessibility, quietness

• Deluxe Queen Room with One Queen Bed - Non-Smoking

Thanks a lot for the staff’ patience to a non-English speaker, especially when something about my reservation went wrong

It was all good

Room ready early for me!!!!

• Superior King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Pool wasn't open and there was a cockroach in the bathroom

The spa bathtub

Spooky

Never again

• Deluxe Queen Room with One Queen Bed - Non-Smoking

Packaged baked goods was all that was offered, but that's what I would expect for a Red Roof Inn. Someone else said they all looked delicious.

N/A.

The area & staff was great & room cozy & quiet

• Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Rooms were not clean, and several things did not work properly.

Very convenient location.

• Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Non smoking room reeked of cigarette smoke and there was mold on the walls and ceiling in the bathroom.

• Superior King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

When cleaning took old towels but didn't bring new till later.

Location and staff and the jacuzzi tub

• Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Jacuzzi tubs! Muna is so nice.

• Deluxe Queen Room with One Queen Bed - Non-Smoking

It was really loud all surrounding my room, overall very hard to sleep