Reviews of Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Columbia/Fort Meade 3 stars

8000 Washington Blvd, Jessup, MD 20794, USA

#3 of 7 hotels in Jessup

Would not recommend
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I was triple charged for the room and the receipt showed that I paid for only night but my bank account showed that I was charged three times for the same day. Still waiting on refund of monies. Stayed there due to hurricane evacuation in North Carolina.

Location to restaurants and other facilities

It was close to my house and I use it to get away from home...
    • Superior King Room Non-Smoking

I ask to have my room cleaned the lady said tt she couldn't clean my room at the time that I want it to be cleaned I was not ready for her and the next day didn't get it done

It was close to my house and I use it to get away from home I come there once a month or sometime 2x a month I will come back soon

We had stepped out for a quick run to the local Walmart...
    • Business King Room with Disability Access Non-Smoking

We had stepped out for a quick run to the local Walmart around 2am and once we returned to our room our room key was not working at all to open the door. We went to the office and the lady reset our key, we went back to room and still same problem. Went back and the lady tried her master keys to try to open the door and none worked. She then pulled out some small tools she had to try to remove the lock but was unable to, she said they had a maintenance worker but didnt come in till later in the morning and no emergency person to call all of our stuff were In the room and was told that there is nothing else that can be. My husband and I had to drive for about an hour to go and get some tools to open the door himself.

Rude front desk person upon my arrival. I asked, where is my room she just piointed to the right.
    • King Room with Roll in Shower - Disability Access Non-Smoking

My toilet backed up into the bathroom and bedroom. I expected at least an apology. Maintain was quick. It took hours for someone to mop up the floors with towels and no disinfectant.

It is in a good location. A nice place for dogs.

Room was clean and quiet.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room was clean and quiet. There was a perfume odor due to some kind of cleaning agent. I left the door open for about a half hour and the smell cleared.

I liked the location
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

I’m the room was very small. I was not given towels. No blow dryer, microwave or refrigerator in the rooms. These thgs should be standard amenities by now. I probably would never book red roof again.

I liked the location

It worked for what we needed at the time
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The quality of staff for the weekend knowing there was a big event. The room wasn't what was presented and there is no way that was newly remodeled.

Never Again
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Firstly the front desk scanned my driver's license without my permission and then showed no concern when I expressed my view. The room was too small, hardly any room to move around.

It had a tv. It had hot water

The room was very clean and the staff was very friendly.

Everything was great!!!

The room was very clean and the staff was very friendly. I had an amazing time the bed was comfortable and the room was bigger than I expected.

Horrible
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The smell in the room was awesome. there was no iron nor ironing board. I requested for an iron and they brought a rusty old iron. very disgraceful. I will never go back to this place. the rooms are very tight, please do not let the pictures fool you.

Overall I like the Red Roof is very comfortable and very clean in the staff is very friendly
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

I stay at this Red Roof Inn often and usually is a very good experience. My problem with this day was that the ice bucket smelled like urine which is concerning and also there was a a burn mark on the comforter the Red Roof but that left a very bad impression

I like that is right off the highway I like that it is restaurants nearby I love the staff there always friendly and helpful in the beds are always comfortable in the bathroom is always clean.

Stay was not what I expected since I never been to Red roof.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The room was smoke free but it smelled a little like smoke. If your a single Male and want something cheap I would go for it, but if you have the wife and kids it a no no

The sheets had cigarettes burns on them. Staff was friendly and helpful. REDROOF is for a single Male person or a truck driver that need some rest it's not for the fimaly.

Not worth my money. Felt deceived by lovely pictures and reviews online.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Lingering smell of smoke even in the rooms. Even walking past other rooms smelled of weed. Shower wasn't too inviting to me. It was clean, but it just looked very cheap. First room I reserved had a little bit of #2 in the toilet. The overall lighting in the rooms was terrible. Had to turn every single light on to see. People were on the deck smoking, which wasn't very inviting. Last thing was that we were woken up at 3 in the morning by someone walking the deck blaring their music. I realize this isn't really the Inn's fault, but just another reason to dislike unfortunately.

Great staff!
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

No refrigerator in room. Cost of washer and dryer ($2.00 each).

The front desk staff were extremely helpful and pleasant. The room was adequately sized.

I was an okay stay.
    • King Room with Roll in Shower - Disability Access Non-Smoking

The sink (in the restroom) did not drink the water. I reported it and nothing was done though I was promised that something was going to be done.

I had no need for internet.

Awful
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Everything else, room was very dirty, it was small, bed was uncomfortable, there was prostitution going on outside the room and it looked like people were sellingdrugs in the parking lot.

The staff was very friendly

Great place for a quiet, comfortable, and enjoyable stay. Room look exactly as advertised.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

My last visit i paid the most,, but the room was the smallest i ever been placed in and there was no mini fridge..i know prices fluctuate but can I at least get the same quality. How i get less amenities paying more money.

I have stayed here a few times and usually have a very excellent experience. rooms are always clean, and comfortable considering the price which is very reasonable it is one of my favorite places to stay when i'm in the area.

The room rate might have been a little higher than normal as...

Road noise

The room rate might have been a little higher than normal as it was the night when many flights were cancelled and airport hotels were fully booked. We were very grateful they could fit us in.road noise

Would stay at Red Roof again.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Coffee and microwave in room, we stayed a week. We could have used a bar in bathroom to assist in getting out of tub. But we didn't ask for handicapped room. We like to soak in tub to relieve tight muscles after a long day. The mat was hard on the knees feet in trying to get up from tub.

Covenience to all locations that we needed to be close to. Pet friendly, ice and microwave was very close to room.

The bed was comfy and liked how room had a desk.
    • Superior King Room Non-Smoking

When I entered room it had a strong odor of pot and people were loud even herd dog barking in room next door.

The bed was comfy and liked how room had a desk.

Great value and will stay again.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Very strong lemon(?) cleaner smell when i first arrived. Curtain didnt seem to completely close.

Great location, staff was very friendly and professional.

It was good.
    • Business King Room with Disability Access Non-Smoking

The hot water was luke warm in the bath tub and hot in the sink. I REALLY wanted to take a hot bath and the heat takes a very long time to heat up the room on a cold night and you walk in and the room is ice cold.

Nice tv and pretty clean and good value forthe room

The bed was comfortable.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The front desk staff was terrible! They were very rude and unapologetic for a mistake they made. The room had several problems like the shower head was leaking all over the wall and the floor. The top dresser drawer was broken. The room were very small for a King sized bed, which is what I booked. There was no microwave, coffee maker, or fridge. There is only 1 icemaker and it is by the lobby which is very inconvienient. While I was waiting for them to find a room that I reserved for an early check in, another guest stopped by the front desk to ask where her towels, tissues, and toilet paper were because she had called and asked for them over an hour and a half ago. She said that the maid had apparently taken ALL of the toilet paper out of her room when she cleaned it and didn't leave any in place of it nor did she leave any tissues or towels. She said that luckily she had packed some tissues of her own, or otherwise they would have had nothing to go to the bathroom with. This place is very unacceptable! I used to work in the hospitality industry and I would have never treated my guests this way. I will not be staying at this hotel again in the future. Even if you get a good rate please do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else!

The bed was comfortable. The heat and ac worked well. The room was clean.

Priced well enough; felt cold.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Felt cold. Thermostat in the room was hard to set. Too hot, too cold. Public areas felt dirty.

The price. Front desk agent that checked me in was fun.

The room was decent.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Could have been cleaner. At first glance it looked good but as we spent more time in the room we began to see the nooks and crannies that probably haven't been swiffered in years. There was a bit of weed on the bed and the desk as well.

The room was decent. Not cramped at all. Decor was modern. Mattress was very firm. Pillows left a bit to be desired.

I arrived by train at 6am and I was at the hotel at 9am!
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel is right next to a highway so for me that I didnt have a rental car it was impossible to walk anywhere since there were no pedestrian passages and the highway was to dangerous and busy to walk across. I had to use uber each time I wanted to go anywhere. If you have a rental car though the location seems ideal.

I arrived by train at 6am and I was at the hotel at 9am! The reception kindly allowed me to check in at my room so early! This has never happened to me before and I deeply appreciated that since I was extremely sleep deprived. The reception staff also accepted a UPS package that was delivered at the hotel for me. Really great service. I also liked that right next to the hotel there are starbucks, panda express, CVS and a shopping center!

Clean room but minimal services.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Requested fridge and microwave in room. Did not have it in room, when I called front Desk I was told it would cost and $23. So I refused as a microwave was available in the vending quarters.....but that microwave was very dirty....has not been cleaned in a long time. Also no hair dryer nor ironing board and. Dry limited toiletry.

Very clean room and bathroom. No rugs.

We made it work.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Facilities were poor, smelly and people not staying there hung around asking for money. Would not stay here alone or again.

Staff was friendly and accommodating.

Coffee
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Children yelling and bouncing basketball outside the rooms. Ball could have easily hit a car. And the noise was not welcoming to wake up too. Or be taken by actually!!!

Coffee

Could use a coffee maker in room..
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

smoking smells throughout property even though signs say "smoke-free" ..microwave area dirty...couldn't park outside our room after going out for dinner.

Terrible, I will not return
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn't like to cleanliness of the room. There was a big stain on the sheets that looked like dried blood and when I took the sheets off the bed the entire matress smelled like human urine. I requested a refund and was denied.

I enjoyed the friendly staff

Slightly disappointed
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Had to change rooms carpet was very funky couldn't sleep. Then I was charged 10usd more than reservation, too tired to dispute just wanted to sleep

👍👍

dirty dangerous and nothing like the discription.

everything

the website led me to believe that this was a better motel then it actually was. the area was unsafe the room was filthy and smelled of lemon pledge. my car was the victim of a hit and run that caused over $2000 worth of damage to my car. the room was smaller then in the pictures and all pictures showed a refrigerator and microwave but my room didn't have either and there was an extra charge for them. not that I stayed around to use them. I would find it hard to give this hotel a 1 let alone a 3 like it was portrayed. terrible night and terrible experience. I liked nothing about this location.

Bad experience with them
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The attention with the costumers is really bad!! You can't stay ond night more if you can (obviously paying that) and they take you outside sharply.

Rude
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The manager was completely rude and unprofessional invasion of privacy by both housekeeping and the manager, when I was probably one of the few people who paid the bill on time

The location everything was close by

Don't come here.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

There was no microwave or fridge access in the room. Also let me not forget that the "no smoking in the room" policy was taken a little too literally by two meth addicts next room to us and I watched as they smoked god knows what drug right in front of our ac unit on the outside of our room in between us. And the audacity for one of the ladies in the front to tell us that our room smelled of smoke, when neither me or my partner smoke.

The bed was large and comfortable.

My stay was ok
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The air condition was very loud had to turn it off. Also I paid for 6 nights and was woken up by hotel staff who wanted to know if I was checking out. They computer did not show tha I had paid for 6 nights.

It was pleasant.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Only downfall was that the room didn't come with a fridge or microwave.

The room was very clean and neat, and smelled very nice when we checked in. Normally expect a stale smell when booking a cheap room, and I was pleasantly surprised.

UGH!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

For some reason, I did not feel safe in this hotel. Just a below average facility that was not clean. The floor in my room was sticky. Not enough towels.

Nothing really.

Bud customer service .
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Bud customer service . Booking.com promise $277. when get there they change the price to $320. I let him see my reservarion with booking and he dont care . im not happy about that .

We would stay here again. The location is the only downside.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

No breakfast was included, and when I asked if there was a place in or near the lobby where I could rinse out my travel mug to take coffee with me (rather than using their styrofoam cups), I was just told, "No." Coffee was offered in a tiny corner of the lobby and there was a line for it. No coffee maker or mini fridge in room. We were charged $1.50 for the in-room safe which we did not use but didn't notice the charge until we had left the property.

Room was very clean but very small. Everything worked fine. Housekeeping staff spoke to us and did a great job putting the room together.

Stay here if you like smell of weed!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

the room had bugs, even a live cockroach which we killed. the had elevator had weed smell. Prostitutes walking around and entire property had people who smoked weed.

The hotel is right next to i95 and it is a good stop over.

We Couldn't Have Picked A Better Place To STay...
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

There is nothing we found to be unlikeable. The discount deal at the local IHOP was the only thing we found to be a bit of a disappointment as it was very crowded, we didn't get a chance to dine there. The location was ideal for local shopping.

We spent two nights at the Jessup location. The accommodations were very nice. The room was clean and comfortable. Our lone complaint was that the toilet seemed a bit low to the floor, which made for some difficulty. We asked for additional bath towels as the ones in the room were too small. The Housekeeping attendant was very nice and promptly delivered the towels. The front desk was very kind and helpful to us when we asked for a first floor room because my wife has difficulty with steps. Overall, our stay was relaxing and enjoyable.

Very good room
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

We stayed at another Redroof and it offered breakfast. We missed that added touch . Having a breakfast offered helps us get on the road faster toward our destination.

Comfortable bed

You get what you pay for.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The area where the ice machine was located was disgusting, and the bedding in our room had holes in them. The bathroom is small and the toilet we had made a very high pitch sound everytime you flushed.

I liked how close it was to Fort meade and also fast food restaurants. It is Very cheap too.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Bare necessities.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Bare necessities ONLY! To wit: pocket pack of tissues (still laughing about that), no hair dryer, no iron. Very cramped space.

Proximity to family & facilities.

Lazy staffs

Bathroom was unclean with hair left on the bath tub. And no microwave in the room. There were no towels available in the room during check in. I had to get it separately.

Towels were very clean.

Near BWI airport, easy to find, it s a good starting point...
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Guest must be careful when paying the bill (make sure the amount is the same as when making a booking). The room had a strange smell. Room cleaning is not regular. No breakfast.

Near BWI airport, easy to find, it s a good starting point for visiting Washington tourist sights - if you have a car, enough parking spaces.

Not bad
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Pillows were awful; hard and small. The room was no smoking, but we could tell that it had been smoked in at one point or another. Would also smell it when we used the fan/vent in the bathroom. We also thought it odd that only 1 nightstand had electric access; my husband had to plug all his items into an outlet across the room (not a big deal in the grand scheme of things but still annoying).

Room was quiet. A/C worked well. Good deal for the price ($70/night for room with 1 King bed).

Photos not showing actual rooms.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Photos are not of the actual rooms. Rooms looked nothing like the remodeled photos on booking.com.

Would stay again but not what i was expecting by photos on booking.com

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Great for a pit stop!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Didn't stay long enough to have any negative experiences here.

It was right off the main route (stop over during a 3 day drive). Across the street from a strip mall.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Great value for a convenient stopover
    • Business King Room with Disability Access Non-Smoking

This was a quick overnight stop on a long trip, so I just needed a safe and comfortable place t stay near I-95. The price was very reasonable and they didn't charge extra for bringing my dog (BONUS).

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Over Booking......
    • Superior King Room Non-Smoking

I reserved a deluxe king room but was given another room with two full size beds due to them being over booked which was a bit uncomfortable for my partner and I and the clerk at the front desk during check in was just as clueless as ever because her manager wasn't around to help her. Fortunately the manager was there while I was checking out and gave me a 15% discount for the inconvenience.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Never again will I stay at a Red Roof
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Experienced a horrible stay. The air conditioner kept breaking, the keys to the room kept deactivating, the door handle to exit the room broke, toilet was leaking, beds/pillows were highly uncomfortable. There was fighting and police activity at night. Never again will I stay at a Red Roof or ever recommend anyone to stay there

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

Like a mini- vaca during a work week!
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Nothing at all. Everything was great.

I was greeted right away and taken care of fast. All the staff was extremely professional and went out of their way to help me. Thanks again.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

Great location to get to Washington Annapolis or Baltimore ease of access to major highways.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

This is the second time I have been at this location friendly staff, very helpful in getting me settle into the room. Great coffee to get your morning started

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

Tv and bed

No tub

Tv and bed

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

The staff knocks on the door really early.
    • Business King Room with Disability Access Non-Smoking

The staff knocks on the door really early. Instead of at check out

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Just an overnight
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The girl at the front desk had the personality of a paper weight.

Quiet. Friendly neighbors. Close to city. Clean.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Only thing missing was a fridge.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Only thing missing was a fridge. We had a standard King room, so I assumed it would have one. I was wrong.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Worst night ever.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Worst night ever. All neighbors partying all night long!! Wasn't able to sleep before 3 am!

too noisy
    • Business King Room with Disability Access Non-Smoking

I can hear what people talk right next my room. They talked a lot around 1 a.m.

comfortable bad

Peaceful
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The location isn’t that good

Peaceful

Very quiet and clean

Very quiet and clean

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Close to Laurel Bowie,DC. Easy to get to I-70
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Didn't have Frig, Micro or coffee pot in room.

Quiet

Card Key did not open door had to program 3 times before it...
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Card Key did not open door had to program 3 times before it worked.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

People around the premises that should not be there

People around the premises that should not be there

I've stayed in many 4 & 5 star hotels but for the value this was great.
    • King Room with Roll in Shower - Disability Access Non-Smoking

There wasn't anything I didn't like.

I moved there to be closer to my departing airport. It served it purpose wonderfully.

I really like the room hopefully I get it next time

I really like the room hopefully I get it next time

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Bed, bathroom, and entire area.

All was fine.

Bed, bathroom, and entire area.

The front desk staff were very rude.
    • Superior King Room Non-Smoking

The front desk staff were very rude.

Very clean rooms

Very clean rooms

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

cool

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Nice and cheap!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No ice machine other than on the ground floor near the lobby which was a on one side of the building. Need another on the 2nd or 3rd floors.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018