Reviews of Nyma, The New York Manhattan Hotel 4 stars

6 West 32nd Street, New York, NY 10001, USA

#332 of 415 hotels in New York

Elevator is slow. Public bathroom in the lobby is not very clean. This hotel charges daily room cleaning service on top of what you pay for the room and tax!

Room is big And clean. Chair in the room is in a very bad ahape! Elevator is so slow. Staff were friendly.

• Superior King Room

Nothing met my expectations, elevators a little slow but typical of many NY hotels in this area of the city.

Easy, safe, comfortable, no hassle hotel near my office. Resonable price too

• Superior King Room

The bed was very uncomfortable. The rooms very smelly and you cannot open the windows.

The location is excellent and there is free tee and coffee at the lobby

• Superior King Room

I didn’t like that we could not get breakfast there.i didn’t like that the room Service staff were knocking on my door before checkout time

I liked the convenience of the location

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Hotel decor a little tired and could do with an update.

Bed was very comfortable ..,room clean & staff very nice. Location very convenient for reaching all areas of NY.

• Superior King Room

When we checked in there was a $300 hold put on my card which is fine but I was told that it would be lifted straight away when we were checking out. The only problem was that it took 5 days for it to go back it to my account. When we asked about this at the checking out we we’re told that it could be used towards the paying of the bill.. great only I had paid the total amount up front in cash and they had put the check out through the computer already, so they couldn’t give me the $300 back. I think things like this need to be made very clear to people not from America and people not used to this system as this took a lot of the goodness out of our trip as I had to go through the same thing when we continued our trip to Vegas and a $400 hold was put on my card and all together I was $700 down on what I had saved to go on the trip of a life time.

Great location and the rooftop bar was beautiful, right next door to the Empire State and a short walk to Macy’s.

• Superior King Room

The ice maker outside the room was very loud. Also, there wasn't enough toilet paper or towels supplied with the room. It's a cheap hotel but it was comfortable enough for the money

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

A bit noisy and classical sauce smell in all streets which is common in entire Manhattan.

Very good location easy access to shopping; entertainment and eating.

• Superior King Room

I receive special and bonus offers directly from Nyma at the same price I can get in other sources like Booking or others. Booking is most of the times matching Nyma's best rates.

Location, comfort and service as usual, no problems.

• Empire State view King room

A little older equipment.

Amazing location. Can walk uptown and downtown. Room with Empire state building views was amazing. Gym was nice. No breakfast. But just walk and you can get it anywhere. Clean every day.

• Deluxe Double Room

Had always stayed at the Nyma hotel!! Arrived to checkin and was told that there had been a water leak in the rooms ... so had to send us up to the “mela hotel” ( which we loved )..... was annoyed that we weren’t told this before we arrived... either by text or email !!!!

• Superior King Room

I expected something marketed as a boutique hotel to be more modern. This place was old and tired.

The location was excellent. It’s two blocks straight down from Penn Station and there’s lots of food choices near by.

• Superior King Room

Smell in the hallways and slow elevator.

Great location for a fair price. Just needed a place to sleep after a show and this exceeded what I needed. Staff was beyond anything I’ve ever experienced at a hotel.

• Superior King Room

Room was small & a little cramped. Not as they appeared in photos on the website

Great location, friendly staff, clean rooms, massive bed. Would stay here again

• Superior King Room

This hotel was just okay. I was told that there would be a continental breakfast available on the 2nd floor when I booked my reservations but that had been discontinued. When we arrived, the desk clerk said we had not taken the option of breakfast, which was not an option. Also the desk clerk upon check-in was less the friendly. Although I was told there was free WiFi, when I checked my bill there is a $26/day charge for a Facility Fee. I questioned this and I was told it was for the WiFi (obviously that is not free) and for the coffee and tea service on the mezzanine. The coffee was terrible and the tea was Lipton tea bags.

The cleaning staff on our floor, floor 12, was friendly and engaging.

• Superior King Room

SEVERAL NIGHTS FOOD OR BEVERAGES WERE LEFT IN THE ELEVATOR NOT CLEANED UP. THE REMOTE CONTROL BACK WAS BROKEN, THE SINK AND BATH TUB WERE CLOGGED UP, FINALLY FIXED I KNOW THE CLEANING STAFF HAD TO KNOW

LOCATION

• Superior King Room

Also the coffee and pot need to buy water for your coffeemaker , put more sugar in and the choice of tea

The room was nice compared to some. Shower was very nice it was in a good location we drove didn't like the parking arrangement ,the fee for checking in was a bit much. Wasn't aware I needed to leave a deposit didn't like that you should make your guest aware of these things. But overall we had a good stay.

• Superior King Room

We had acwonderful stay at NYMA. The staff was great and the hotel is centrally located and close to most attractions. Hotel is located in Korean area where there alot of delicious Korean restaurants!

• Superior King Room

When I decided to extend my staying there for one night manager on reception propose me the price which is twice higher that I previously booked. It was a very bad weather and I had no any other bookings. But anyway I left this hotel and found cheaper which is located more convenient for me. Be aware about such manager’s trick. Btw - room, conditions will be the same just change the rate.

Location and WiFi quality

• Superior King Room

The smell of the floor I was on. The 10th floor has a bad odor and this time I paid more then last time don’t know why ? But other then that it’s a good hotel

Everything about the hotel was good. Room was clean the people there was pleasant and it’s near everything.

• Superior King Room

bed sheet keeps coming off the corner of the bed House keeper never came into the room. She just asked if we needed new towels or toilet paper and asked us to put the used towel by the door. The front desk was nice professional and the place was clean. Elevators were very slow. Location was great, central but smelly and dirty sidewalks

• Empire State view King room

Needs a massive update: wallpaper was coming off the wall, chips in the bathroom wall, worn carpet. Mouldy curtains and nets! TV didn't work, we asked for it to be looked at. Nobody came to fix it. The socket the TV was plugged into was also broken. Stained lampshades.

Good location. Comfortable bed.

• Superior King Room

The only problem was with staff while checking in. The process took a long time and the stuff was unprofessional.

The hotel is in great location, right in the city center yet still very quiet. I highly recommend the place if you are visiting NYC.

• Superior King Room

We took superior room but ended up in the most disgusting room ever. Im a weekly customer and this was the last time we booked the room. Stay away from lower floors. rooms are terrible and scary. Staff was super rude at the front desk.

• Superior King Room

The bed was huge and comfortable, I expected a bit bigger room but it was still ok for a few days. The stuff was very friendly and was there to help any time. They had free hot and cold water and I guess some coffee in the lobby, which was nice. Location is superb.

• Superior King Room

It appeared different in pictures from the website (roomier, brighter, newer) but that’s not unusual. The room was a non-smoking room but still smelled of smoke

The standard facilities were available and clean.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The pillows need to be replaced. FLAT.. ALL OF THEM... BATHROOM WAS IN NEED OF BEING RE-DONE/ TUB/SHOWER DRAINAGE WAS HORRIBLE/ BATHROOM CEILING WAS ROTTING AWAY

I LOVED THAT IT WAS CLOSED TO THE FACILITIES THAT WE NEED TO BE AT FOR OUR TRIP

• Superior King Room

SHOULD PROVIDE DRINKING WATER BOTTLES .

best thing is the courteous staff including that of reception and house keeping. enjoyed stay and have made my fresh bookings for MARCH 2018

• Empire State view King room

Paid extra for Empire State view, wasn't worth as so close all you can see was side windows. As I'd paid for Empire State view I was put on 17th floor which was across from roof bar, which was noisy, and hotel was fully booked so couldn't be moved. Also a long wait on elevator to top floor.

Location was fantastic and staff were great. Very clean and comfortable.

• Superior King Room

The only negative thing from my stay was not being able to breathe on the elevators! I know that’s the smell across NY but place some air fresheners or Febreeze more often. Gagging from the Smell of drugs was not my ideal weekend.

The hotel location was great! The staff was kind and helpful. It was too cool to the rooftop but it seems beautiful. The bakery next door is delicious.

We asked for a king sized and PAYED for a king and got a queen . Also payed online through booking.com for a smoking room and no rooms were smoking rooms in the hotel

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Pre payment method confusing especially if not U.S citizen. Account number does not mean credit card number in U.K. Accom + taxes is what was ticked and yet guests were still charged more

Comfiest bed ever.Easy to find, helpful staff, clean and warm. Location superb

• Superior King Room

I got to sleep anything we put on the floor got wet as the whole floor was wet they did nothing to try to accommodate us for another day even willing to pay some so....

• Two Double Beds (3 Adults)

bedding quilt didnt keep you warm and the stuffing was matted and clumped. service staff didn't knock. counter staff were rude.

The property is well located.

• Superior King Room

The wallpaper in the room was cracking and falling down, and the bed was made up with only a sheet and blanket. The shower had little hot water, and almost no water pressure. We asked for a diner or brunch recommendation from someone at the front desk, and they sent us to a supermarket. The price wasn't bad, but you get what you pay for with this spot.

Staff was friendly, decent location.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

I did not like the booking.com way of presentation of the overall price of the stay. The bold green letters were showing the price of $238 per two nights stay, while in small letters there was info about a few additional fees of $100 in total. I did not see it when booking. Also there were no final price with all fees calculated. This is confusing, I did not expect this kind of cheap trick from booking.com. As a result it turned out to become an unpleasant surprise at the check in for me. Too bad for such a huge operator. Check all the details before booking. They do this tricks not in all the countries. The stay at the hotel was good though. I liked it. We took a “deluxe” room. The area of the room is quite small with no space between beds and wall on one side and between another bed and window on the other, so basically it is just a room, not really a deluxe. I recommend this hotel for anyone seeking for clean nice hotel for a short term stay.

• Superior King Room

We were surprised to learn, at checkout, that there was a $25/night facilities fee. It was not included in the quoted price on booking.com but was part of the total fee. When we asked about it at the hotel, we were told it was for "free" coffee and tea, use of the health center and of the business center, and the "free" wifi. We suggest that the quoted price be increased by $25/night or that there is clear disclosure at the time of booking. It felt like BAIT and SWITCH. Although we liked the hotel otherwise, we won't book there again.

Good location. Comfortable room.

• Superior King Room

We loved our stay here it's quaint and simple but with in walking distance of everything and easy access to taxis. The check in and check out staff were extremely friendly and nice. Would definitely recommend

• Superior King Room

Our room was tiny compared to others which I found disappointing especially since we paid extra money to have a room high up. Our tv also didn’t work most of the night , after the guy who very happily and pleasantly tried to fufill our request, the guy who is supposed to fix the tv never came. It took three calls to get him to finally come. He was nice and it was an easy fix. But then it stopped working again around 1am . So the quality of room and a working tv would have been better. Also odd they didn’t have toothpaste but that’s not a big deal

Rooftop bar. Service was good

• Superior King Room

Decor is quite outdated but as we didn’t spend much time in the room it was fine.

Location was perfect, lots of great Korean restaurants on the street, close to the subway and walking distance to Times Square. Staff were very friendly and bed was really comfortable

• Superior King Room

Some of the bathroom fixtures needed repair: the shower rod was so loose that the curtain bunched all together in the middle! And the towel rack was bent down to eye level. Not good safety-wise. There was no choice of pillows; just two very firm foam ones in our King room.

Nice, modern facility with good-sized rooms. Heating worked well even on a night with record-breaking cold. Attentive, polite staff. Fast check-in. Coffee makers now in rooms (previously, coffee was only in the lobby).

• Superior King Room

Other hotels offer free hot chocolat Internet was really slow Bathroom was dirty The shower wasn t that great Water was tepid. Tepid showers suck

Good staff, good reception, good overall

• Superior King Room

We lost water from 2:00 Friday until 3:00 am Saturday morning. This was horrible since the toilets, sink and showers were not working. Most of all being in a small room unable to flush the toilets was disgusting.

• Superior King Room

The road works construction that continued throughout all night. The jack hammering was unbearable. The running water was cut off and we were unable to use the toilet or shower for a day. There was no compensation for it. The room phone did not work.

It was central to everything

• Superior King Room

Breakfast was absolutely atrocious. The choice was between mini bagels, sugary cereal, donuts and over-boiled eggs, Yuk!! I definitely don't recommend it to anyone.. Foe the price we paid we were VERY disappointed. There was no kettle in the hotel either, during our 4-night stay there we experienced water shortage and a broken down elevator (we lived on the 12th floor...). Waiting for another lift took approx. 15min. Some other guests missed their train because of that...Sadly not good value for money.

The location is really good, but this is the only advantage of this hotel.

• Superior King Room

We had no water/bathroom facilities for over 12 hours the day we checked in. The staff was rude and there was never a manager available. The second day the elevators were not working for half the day. We were on the 7th floor. The wallpaper was peeling off the walls and the carpets were stained.

The location was the only good thing about this hotel.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

No water the whole evening we arrived and entire street blocked off. Sink clogged. Elevators sporadic. Sign is not lit and impossible to see. And be honest...this hotel is not in Chelsea. It is smack in the middle of Korea Town.

• Superior King Room

The breakfast was okay - not as good as the last time we went. Be prepared for lots of carbohydrates and stodgy food - we had some bran flakes and doughnuts each morning because that was how limiting the options were. The plugs are in an annoying place for charging your phones at night. The lift is a major problem. They only have two and they get full very quickly. You are better off having a room higher up the building so that you can guarantee with more certainty that it will be empty. Be aware that tax is not included in most prices in the USA. If I had not have been ready for it, this hotel would have been $300 more than the room rate for 4 nights.

• Superior King Room

We stayed on the 3rd floor right next to the elevator and due to how thin the walls were, we could hear it each time the elevator opened on our floor and heard each person passing by. The first night, a jackhammer working on the street below kept us awake the ENTIRE night. It never stopped. The second night, they broke the water main sometime before we got back to our rooms and so we didn’t have water. This was very difficult because the toilets would not flush and so it was like having a porta-potty in your room. The 3rd night, a garbage truck came by to try and remove the mountainous bags of garbage piled from one end to the other and on both sides of the street. Because of the incredible number of piled bags of garbage (literally 20 or so bags per pile every few feet), we heard the garbage truck all night and couldn’t sleep again. The street was so dirty and overrun with trash that it made you feel like you were staying in a landfill. Please keep in mind, I am not high maintenance or a delicate sleeper - I have 4 children and am used to noise, but this was ridiculous. What’s really sad about the situation is that most of the problems were outside of the hotel’s control, but it does impact the experience of the customer. It was also sad because on our previous trip to NYC, everything was so clean and welcoming. The previous mayor did a better job at managing city services and it was so much safer then. Before DeBlasio, there was a definite police presence and you felt safe bringing your family to NYC and walking the streets. This time it felt very different. When you think of how much everyone in NYC pays in taxes, it seems like the people paying the taxes would demand a clean and safe city. I hope NYC doesn’t return to how it was before Mayor Giuliani and Mayor Bloomberg.

The staff was friendly.

The water went out in the building. The management didn’t bother to get bottled water for guests

Very close to the garden. Good priced for the location

• Superior King Room

Single, flat pillow, Barely insulated window, staff that was at best disinterested in a water main break that precluded using the bathroom on Friday evening. Hotel is adequate but nothing special.

Location, free internet

• Superior King Room

You’re linen had cigarette holes. Not good. No comforters so it was cold in the room. My room faced a gym which was constantly activity & right by the elevators. Sorry Nyma last time this travelor visits your hotel.

The location.

• Superior King Room

The worst staff (at the front desk) I have ever encountered in all my years of travel. One person in particular was rude, racist and outright disgusting. It was not just to me, I saw him treat other guests badly as well. In short, I will never go back to this hotel.

• Superior King Room

Lack of guest understanding. Bad internet. Front office guys being very non cooperative.

Actually nothing. Very rude front office staff. Very secretive.

• Superior King Room

The bar on the rooftop has an excellent view and Staff are lovely. Not a 5* standard but it is very comfy and has everything you need, incl kettle fridge private bathroom. Very central and easy to navigate your way around the city from the Nyma

• Superior King Room

Poor quality plastic cups in room Breakfast options restrictive Eating cereal with a plastic teaspoon All poor quality disposable cutlery and crockery Slow lifts

Locality and cleaniness of room

• Superior King Room

We stayed right in Korean Town, closes to foods, cafe, Macy's and a walk to Time Square. This is my second time in NY and if you looking for a place to stay that is within walking distance to attraction but don't want to hear all the traffic sound I would recommended this place!

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Rooms although functional were a bit run down and worn but fine for the small amount of time spent in the room

Hotels have gotten very expensive in NYC-especially after all of the taxes. NYMA is in a reasonable location-close to things to do and safety doesn't seem to be an issue in the surrounding areas. The staff was particularly friendly and helpful.

• Superior King Room

My wife and I were not informed that we had to pay $70.00 more when we arrived. I was not informed about this when I booked from you.

The minute we arrived the staff took our luggage and right to our room. The staff always asked us if we needed anything and were always accommodating.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

• Superior King Room

Located in an unfavourable street. No privacy door on bathroom. Noisy outside meeting room.

Free Wi-Fi and within walking distance of many tourist attractions. Bed was very comfortable.

• Superior King Room

Needed more clothes hangers in the wardrobe, but this was quickly remedied. It was handy to have a safe deposit box in the wardrobe, but locking it using a credit card as instructed meant it was impossible to open again without the assistance of the technical engineer - I recommend you use a number combination instead! Reception staff, porters and (especially) the excellent maids were all very friendly and helpful. Sadly the sour faced Russian woman on the information desk was rude and lacked basic knowledge of the city. When desperately trying to print out the boarding pass for my flight back from JFK, she eventually decided to tell me the user password like I was a piece of trash on the sidewalk.

Great location near Penn Station, though it took a while to discover that West 32nd Street disappears around Madison Square Gardens! It was interesting to stay in the middle of Koreatown - nearby there is a variety of authentic places to eat good spicy kimchi from basic cafes to the luxurious Hangawi restaurant, recommended for a wonderful experience. Good sized bedroom, on the 13th floor, so no traffic noise. Tea and coffee, including decaf, in room replaced daily. Great selection of buffet style breakfast available from 6 am - fresh bagels, cream cheese, jams, boiled eggs, apples, fruit juice, coffee, cereals, etc., which set me up well for the day.

• Superior King Room

I was a little disappointed in the breakfast. I think scramble eggs and bacon and sausage would have been much nicer.

Loved the location, the price, and the staff!

• Empire State view King room

I liked everything about this hotel

The view from our window was the empire states building, STUNNING. My husband accidentally left his expensive watch in the room after checking out. This was handed in & we got it back. WONDERFUL that the staff were so honest.

• Superior King Room

Breakfast was a disappointment, very scarce and the worst coffee I have ever had A week before I let the hotel know I would be arriving very early and need an early check in. When I arrived they said only a smoking room is available and it would be an early check in fee of $50 They did hold my bags and the only place offered to change and freshen up was a tiny bathroom right by the front desk

Great location and easy accessability to everything worth seeing Close to Penn Station, subway

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Hotel/rooms are outdated. Front desk staff not friendly, parking is located in a garage down the street so if you want to get anything from the car it's a hassle, breakfast is bleak, the elevators are small and take forever.

The rooms are clean, the house keeping staff was friendly, there was breakfast (not great but better than nothing), a gym, great rooftop bar, and the location can't be beat.

• Superior King Room

Heat blower at entrance was uncomfortable.

Location on Korea Way with popular Asian eating places. Away from noisy sirens on main avenues. Easy walk to subway and Penn station to take advantage of all Manhattan districts and attractions. Hotel looks out to Empire State 2 blocks away and comfortable walk to Times Square, Broadway, Rockefeller Centre,Madison Square Garden. Plenty of shops nearby including Macey's. Friendly porters.

Staff extremely rude at reception, hotel not like the pictures advertised on the internet. rooms far too small to accommodate number of persons intended for.roof top bar over priced compared to other bars in Manhattan

Central location

• Superior King Room

Very basic breakfast, housemaids enter rooms without notice, elevators are very slow. This hotel is in Korea town street, and the outside is gross. They throw trash on the street all the time and the street is very ugly.

Bed is awesome. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Superior King Room

If you’re looking for a little bit of luxury, this is not the hotel for you! Rooms are very dated and dark, most of the furniture was not in working order (bed side drawers had the fronts glued on) and other set of drawers only had 1 draw able to be used. That being said, it wouldn’t put me off returning due to fantastic location, it could just do with a little facelift!

Bed was super comfy, room clean and nice hot shower. Location was excellent, staff very helpful and on the 2 occasions we needed assistance (once with safe not opening and once with hairdryer not working) they were up to the room within minutes to sort

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Food choices were very slim and the small area did not accommodate the number of guests using it. It was disappointing since this was one of the reasons I chose this hotel. After the first morning, we went elsewhere for breakfast.

Didn't really care for anything offered.

• Superior King Room

Elevators are the only thing that would turn me off going back to this hotel. Can expect to wait at least 10 mins

Great location. Room was spacious and cleaned every day. Complimentary breakfast was a great start to busy days exploring NYC.

• Superior King Room

The bar on 17 floor, charged different prices for same 2 drinks every time, in happy hour, glass of white and red wine varied from $12-$27and on checking out at 6.00am the computer system was on an update so am unsure whether I was refunded my $100 dollar deposit as no receipt has been issued

Location was really good, too Was clean and comfortable

• Superior King Room

Would have preferred a larger room with a little more 'comfort'.

Room was very adequate however was quite basic but was clean. Certainly no more than a 3 star facility but cheap and very central to everything.

• Superior King Room

The windows don't open AT ALL so forget about fresh air...

In the hotel you have a separated lobby with TVs etc. We were a family of 14 people with kids, so it was really comfortable to bring food there sometimes, or just sit and talk. Coffee machine is also free for use. Breakfast was minimal, but everything we needed, bagles cheese donuts jam etc.

• Deluxe Double Room

The only thing is the wifi it's a bit hit and miss

Great roof top bar with fabulous views of the Empire State Building . This hotel is literally in the centre of everything. Macy's is a 4 minute walk away to the left, 5th Ave is to the right. Great mezzanine area with free tea and coffee. Breakfast was buffet style bagels cream cheese fruit tea coffee juice cereal and donuts. Staff are very helpful and the 12 check out is great. Wait til you walk out of the hotel and just look up Beds were super comfy, we were on the 16th floor and lift wasn't a problem. Wed stay here again and recommend it to others :)