Reviews of Red Roof Inn PLUS+ Wilmington - Newark 3 stars

415 Stanton Christiana Road, Christiana, DE 19713, USA

#1 of 1 hotels in Christiana

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Moving from FL to NY and arriving in the middle of the night; we just wanted to get to sleep. The room was inundated with marijuana smoke that you could even smell outside the room which was outdoors. Being the extreme state of exhaustion we were in and the full parking lot, I didn't even bother trying to change the room. I regret this because I woke up with swollen glands from the dirty air conditioner which had a plastic cigar filter in it!!!

I liked that it was pet friendly and no pet fee on top of nightly rate.

• King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The first room we had smelled like pot - the desk clerk was quickly able to move us to another room that was clean and fresh. Other than that inconvenience, our stay was great.

Nice room - bed was comfy, had a refrigerator and microwave.

• Business King Room

Was a little difficult to find the access road.

I stayed in a Business/Superior King. It was large, clean and modern. Very comfortable and staff was very friendly. Excellent value, would stay again!

• Business King Room

If I had only one complaint it would be that maybe we could have a little bit more comfortable pillows.

The location was convenient to everything from the mall to the casino racetrack and downtown Wilmington. Definitely will be staying there again when we come back to Delaware.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Meet requests or let me know you can't so I can make other arrangements.

Pat our housekeeping was lovely. Room was clean - bed and pillow comfortable. I had requested a first floor room weeks in advance but was on 3rd floor.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The property is a "Plus" level Red Roof Inn. I have stayed in other "Plus" ...This one..No fridge in the room. No breakfast. Just coffee. This property has limited parking as well. Overall it s place to get a nights rest. Clean. Comfortable.

its convenient to major highways

There's a hint of cigarette smell and clothing, upon my return home, had a smell as if I remained at a place where smoking was around. Nothing too bad though. AC was a bit loud though and wifi was mediocre.

Great location and price you can't beat.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Had to ask for toiletries, housekeeping didn’t clean out room so we had to wait til next day, dogs all over the property, says smoke free hotel but cigarette buds are all over the grounds

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Why is it called 'Plus'? No fridge, no microwave, pillows were wimpy, and water pressure was low. There were multiple ads to 'upgrade' and get everything other hotels include normally.

Room was clean, no smoking smell, staff respected the privacy wishes.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

They could clean the floor frequently, was very dirty, could vaccum it. Drawers of clothes cabinet were very dirt, impossible to use it. The room is badly cleaned. The bed & towel clother are clean but the room it selft is dirt on every corner. I dont have a pet, but I found one tick near to my pylon after wake up. Horrible

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The rooms were very small. The room was extremely hot when we got in and smelled strongly of smoke (non-smoking room). The bathroom is as tiny as my son's dorm bathroom. It was advertised as having breakfast which was a large factor in selecting the hotel - and there is none. Only coffee or tea. Premium rooms are advertised as coming stocked with oj, water and snacks. Ours had none of them.

The ladies at the front desk were very very nice and very helpful. We liked the location a lot for our needs. We were travelling for a basketball AAU tournament and it was convenient to all of the places we were playing - as well as 9 minutes to the Christiana Mall. Right off the main roads but tucked up behind the main road so it was not congested. The Greene Turtle is right outside. We got what we paid for - a basic room (only Premium rooms have the mini fridge/microwave). We were upgraded to Premium for free. My son remembered he left his pillow in the room after check-out and the girl at the front desk went above and beyond for us. I don't remember her name - I just know she lives in Philly - but kudos to her, she exemplifies customer service!!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Housekeeping comes knocking a little to early should wait atleast until check out time.

The beds are confortable but i would prefer them to be a little bigger like a queen

The floor was a little dirty could have been vacuumed better, the dresser inside had crumbs in it. And the bathroom is definitely to tight, way to small.

The bed was super comfortable. Free parking, the price.

• Business King Room

Nobody was staffed at front desk when we checked in around 2pm. We walked the entire premises to see if someone was around. We only found a maid that didn't speak much English. She told us that "she" would be back. So we waited, and attempted to call. No answer on phone either. More guest's arrived and we all waited. Approximately a half hour later, the front desk attendant walked in, and never even apologized or offered an explanation of our wait. We weren't able to get a first floor room like we had requested. The room we were given was extremely hot. The air would not cool it down. Overnight, the air broke completely. So we were given a room change. The bed was the most uncomfortable bed we've ever had. It wasn't like that during previous stay. When we expressed concern, we were told they would note it. Whatever that means.

Great vending. Great location.

Location. Near restaurants.

• Business King Room

Watch out for the ice buckets, they should clean them every now & then.

Clean and inexpensive, really comfortable bed. Close to hospital, Christiana mall, and DE Park. Usually my go-to place whenever I need to be in DE.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room looked old. Bathroom needs upgrade. The bathroom door was wearing off. I was pretty disappointed because I have lived in better redroofs in other states and this facility can't be compared to them.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Believe people either reside there on state vouchers or just rent long-term rooms having no where else to go I guess .Had a guy who seemed friendly at first but when my sister came by hotel for visit on Christmas Eve the resident proceeded to tell my sister while outside smoking cigarettes he smoked cracked asked her alot of questions about where she from n who else she knew then told her he was from there n acted like he knew our cousin but didn't cuz he got her age way off n description n when I came out to smoke with her he had a guest woman who was talk loudly about drugs n asked me n sister if we had any pot in front of my children . The whole stay he was loud outsite and had door hanging wide open more often then not marajuana reaked from it . And one of the tenenat we see pulled a knife out and was being loud n angery making me feel scared my kids would witness something crazy . And then the loud guy had girl visitor who was obviously intoxicated or drugged up who stumbling off into the surrounding woods while he loudly was telling her things n half HR later same guy was fighting another guy over girl up in room them proceeded to follow guy n girl n fight more blocking guys car n hitting kicking cursing in parking lot at like 1 in the morning.

Night desk girl was sweet friendly and helpful. They had a reasonable rate. Close to restaurants highways and stores.

• King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Questioned the cleanliness of the first room with item on floor so way quickly moved to second room. The talking from outside was annoying and went on several time at night. The room was warm and tried several time to lower the temperature but was still too hot.

Check in was quick and everything accurate. Great person behind the counter and when we encounter a problem in our first room she moved us and upgraded us.

• King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

I had to switch rooms because the first was not clean. I’m happy they move us to a new room fast.

The staff is always friendly and if you have a problem they are very attentive. The rooms are spacious.

• King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

I killed 3 bugs within the first 10 minutes that I entered my room. There were a few long black hairs on my sheets, and a couple pillows were stained.

The staff was friendly and the location was convenient and relatively quiet.

You did not get any perks with the room. No hair dryer. No iron. No breakfast. No fridge. Tight and dim room. Wasnt happy. There is only one way in and out of the parking lot. If you miss the entrence you have to circle neighborhood again. We end up leaving a day early to go somewhere more comfortable with breakfast.

The price value is what you get. Friendly staff.

The room smelled like cigarette smoke and like the air filter to the air conditioner needed to be changed. Couldn't get past the smell in the room to enjoy anything. On-site smoking designated areas however residents chose to smoke wherever they felt like it.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

What I didn't like was when I checked in with my 4 year old daughter on September 17 the room that the front desk gave me was not cleaned and I opened the door to a filthy room which housekeeping should of reported that it had not been cleaned before the front desk gave it to the me..I have reserved many rooms at red roof inn and this was I say my worse experience!!

What I like is the location able to go to different restaurants to eat

It was not very clean and the air conditioning was not working. Also it was very noisy the people next to us partied all night and were very loud so we hardly got any sleep.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The previous guest had apparently ignored the no-smoking policy. If it weren't so late when we got in, I may have asked to change rooms. I remarked about it to the desk the next day. They were apologetic.

I was very pleasantly surprised how nice the room was for the low price! All the amenities you expect in a proper hotel room with nice touches like cubbies. The space usage in the relatively small room was optimal. Everything was brand new - nice, new bathroom and comfy beds and a small flat screen TV. The rate is rock-bottom but the room is top-notch. It was perfect for our purposes - an overnight on a road trip.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bottled water is supposed to be given at check-in. Rare that it is. Charged for a room safe that is not requested or used at $1.50 per stay.

Very friendly staff and clean facility. Convenient location.

• King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Serve a continental breakfast so that guests don't have to leave to get breakfast.

the bed was comfortable and neatly made. The bathroom was clean including the bathtub. The host's hospitality was nice as well.

• Business King Room

Even though I paid cash $388.42 in full for the reservation at check in, however, my debit card used in booking this reservation was charged the full amount of $388.42. This duplicate charge placed my bank account into overdraft. When I called the hotel on 8/24 to inquire and resolve the matter the associate at the front desk told me that as she did not check me in she couldn't assist me and that I should call my bank. The manager or her supervisor was not available at the time.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was hair on my bed, sheets don't look like they were changed, and when I walked to the other room the room service ladies were texting n sitting on the bed when I walked pass the room, which lets me know proper cleaning isn't being done. And when I asked the manager she it's normal for hair on the sheets Bc it may be from the workers that's not acceptable

Front desk staff was nice

Room too small, including bathroom. Uncomfortable bed and pillows. Dog in room next door barking on the hour. Think animals should have rooms in another area of the motel.

No iron, no microwave, no fridge, small room like a box that reminded me of an old school motel you would see in sex movies ( or that I've seen any).

Room smelled musty, pajamas then smelled. Toilet tank ran all night because water was running down into the toilet. Toilet lid was from another tank and larger than the tank and didn't sit right. The bathroom ceiling paint was buckling and sagging like there was a leak with water inside the paint. Large surface crack in the plastic shower wall, not appealing looking. No hair dryer, coffee maker or fridge, had to dry my hair by the a/c. Bed extremely uncomfortable, my husband said could feel the springs.

Price

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

That I had to go down to the lobby to get wifi. That things are not checked like the Fire alarm, it was beeping when I came in and until the night. I had to call front desk that it happened, and then they came and removed it.

I liked the interaction between employee and guests. I was talking to many different guests and the hotel employees. I was a great way to spend my time.

lack of basic amenities. ridiculous to not provide hair dryer, iron & ironing board, etc. found the envelope requesting a tip for housekeeping to be offensive - I usually leave a tip but found the hotel requesting one to be a sign that their staff are underpaid.

comfortable bed

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

They said Non Smoking room but my room was smelling with cigarette i have to spray cologne in the room.

I love the location of the property very nice .

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

We had to leave the property and check in to another hotel after an hour because my wife and I started scratching. After reading more reviews on Tripadvisor, we were sure that there were bedbugs. The room smelled, didn't even enter the bathroom. Pay another 30-40 $ and stay in a decent 4-star hotel. I am serious.

Close to highway

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

• King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

While my room was a non-smoking room, that fact that everyone just congregates right in front of the doors and smokes, made the room still smell like a 'smoking room'.

Able to park my car right in front of my room. The folks at the front office were always helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Room was very small bed not so comfy.

It was ok for what we needed. If you want any extras like a fridge or hair dryer you will want to upgrade to the plus room.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

• King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

That I felt it should have come with extras like water/ snacks something mainly cuz of price and the last time I stayed the other room did and I payed $ 20 less.. but it was ok

That the air condition worked the staff was pleasant that I could check in early and that they had a walk in shower

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Beds and shower

The beds were horrible. They room had the look that they tried to modernize it but were unsuccessful. Won't stay there again. And I've told friends how terrible the experience was.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

• Business King Room

Two items: 1.The room smelled with a strong smoking or other odor. We had to turn on the air conditioning to tone down the odor. 2. The floor vibrated as if machinery was running below the floor. The Red Rook Inn employee contacted also noticed the vibration. She checked into it without any explanation for it. The noise and odor was unbearable. This caused us to change plans and leave the next morning. That's what you get for a Red Roof Inn+.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

• King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The Old cigarette smell in lobby was mot attractive or inviting.

First floor room with parking close by. Very quiet evening. The room was remodaled.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

The soundproofing in this motel was not the greatest. The beds were somewhat uncomfortable and the heat was not really adjustable; it was too hot & uncomfortable for my taste.

It was clean and had the necessities that I required for my overnight stay.

• King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

It wasn't the room, just the couple in the next room that had to have an argument at 5am.

I needed to get some sleep. I needed a quiet area. The heating system is quiet, no fan or off and on noises. I got the rest that I needed. When I travel from Florida, this is the first place I look for to stay.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

The maids use these carts that made noise rolling past the room. They could have rubber wheels. The maids were talking a lot in the morning. You can easilly hear everything from outside.

The bed was very confortable. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Property very difficult to find, wrong address continues to be posted, no signage.

Everything was excellent, just like the pictures. Elise was fabulous. This property was difficult to find & she patiently walked me through it on the phone & to my delight Elise greeted me personally with warmth.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

• King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

it is NOT a smoke free facility...I asked for a handicap room smoke free...our clothes and pillows everything that could absorb the odor did...I sprayed the room three separate times with disinfectant and there was still that disgusting odor...I did not complain that night we arrived because it was late and my hubby had to be at the hospital the next morning....however, I did when I checked out but did not show any anger just disappointment and the young lady did not charge us for the room...I was genuinely surprised and delighted but to happy when I got home and had to wash and scrub everything we had with us...Thank you for the consideration but should I choose to stay there again I will not accept the same condition...D. R. Daimus

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

• King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

5 to 6 police officers swarmed my room looking for a man on the run at 2 am. I asked for some kind of discount for such and inconvenience and it went ignored. Won't be staying here ever again.

Was a decent room!

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was hard getting to the actual location. Kind of secluded and uncomfortable driving to. The other hotels were on the main road and easier to get to.

Staff were very friendly. Our family was traveling and didn't even get to stay the night. We only needed to stop for a few hours to sleep for my two year old. But the hotel was better then I expected. Very clean. Just have to remember to upgrade to the plus membership so I could have a refrigerator and microwave in the room. Overall very satisfied with my stay.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

• King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Rooms smelled like smoke. Nothing was done to accommodate. No free breakfast. Just coffee.

Was promised free breakfast. They only had coffee! My room. Had to be changed because the first room reeked of cigarette smoke! The hotel clerk told me I can talk to the manager about it in the morning. He never showed. Hotel sucks.

The room had a cigarette smell to it even though it's a non smoking room. They could of had a thicker comforter for the cold weather, it was just sheets and a thin blanket.

Price was decent for a last minute stay.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

Nothing. Everything about this motel exceeded my expectations. I have stayed here several times throughout the past several Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays on my way to Long Island, NY and will continue to stay here in the future!

The room was very quiet and the bed was extremely comfortable. The motel was located near several different restaurants.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

Nothing to criticize.

Room was very clean and comfortable. Lot's of activity nearby, plenty of choices of restaurants nearby. I returned to this property after an unsatisfactory stay at a different local motel.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

BIGGER SELECTION OF BREAKFAST. ..ELEVATORS. ...IT COULD BE UPDATED, MODERN FACILITY.

CLEANING STAFF WAS VERY HELPFUL, EXCELLENT. THIS LOCATION NEEDS AN ELEVATOR FOR THE FACILITY, MAYBE A BIGGER SELECTION, AREA FOR BREAKFAST. ..

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

The housekeeping lazy and during transfer to another room one of those house keeping stole my coat very upset couldnt go to a dinner meeting cause the coat went with my gown..VERY Disapppointed.

The staff at the front desk and big bathroom

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

Only bad thing I can say is area gets a little congested with traffic during afternoon between 3:30- 5:00. Not the fault of Red Roof. There are I 95 ramps close by, which is convenient, but puts a lot of cars on the road.

Nice, cozy and comfortable rooms,very friendly staff. Very clean. Stayed here for 2 nights the weekend before Thanksgiving. Had another room booked elsewhere for the rest of the week closer to where I planned on spending the rest of my time in area. Checked out of the other motel after 1 night due to cockroach problem and promptly rebooked at Red Roof. Love this place and will be staying here on all future visits to Northern Delaware. Green Turtle restaurant is fantastic and only a 2 minute walk from motel. Cleaning staff does an excellent job and are very quiet in morning in case you're a late sleeper.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

the view of room windows is the hallway which is really annoying to have people walking and looking inside room all, we had to keep curtains closed.

I liked almost everything about this hotel, I stayed there for over two weeks, tried different rooms, very clean, excellent location near border cafe restaurant which has amazing, tasty and really valuable meals, nice staff, very good furniture condition, excellent cable TV, free parking.

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

I must had booked @the wrong time there was to many teenagers around which was rude and loud plus two doors down they had a Big dog in there room. Then when i walk in the bathroom the cleaning person must had left there dirty was cloth and forgot to flush the toilet

Staff was very friendly

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

The photos of the rooms were taken with a really wide angled camera, certainly giving the appearance of a much larger room. I would say the size of the room was that of a cabin on a cruise ship and even that may be generous. To be able to get to anything in the room you had to side step your way.

The room was clean, staff was friendly and the location was great for the activities we had planned for the weekend.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

This driveway to Red Roof Inn.

After a long ride ED & Dawn really stepped up and made me feel like a real person. Booking.com messed my reservation up and they took care of it. I'm very happy with my visit.

Safety- there were four state troopers there. They had to remove a long term guest. The location is desolate and did not feel safe to stay the night.

The fact they provided a refund.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

The staircase and stairwell to the room was dirty and not well lighted. The room was clean but small - cramped. Was not told I needed to request a microwave in advance.

The Receptionist was nice and accommodating.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The ONLY thing I can complain about is that if you don't put the DO NOT DISTURB sign in ur door before going to bed the housekeeping comes and wakes you up before check out and sometime tries to use the key to get in the room, but once you tell them and put the sign in the door they leave you alone. The good qualities of this hotel outweighs this one bad point.

The location was quiet, secluded are and the room was very nice. They had a delivery service and restaurants within walking or driving distance. The best part is check in is at 1pm and check out is at 12 noon. Nice room for money paid.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

Very basic, no hairdryer, no conditioner, no coffee in room, bed wasn't great but you get what you pay for. Rather spend the extra $20.00 for comfort and a decent breakfast.

Relatively clean

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

It is starting to look like section 8 housing. People hanging over balcony. Little children running around in diapers in the parking lot. People hanging on steps drinking . What happened to this place. not feeling safe staying there anymore.

Clean quick check in rooms clean

The only thing that could have made the room better was if it had a mini fridge, or an ice machine on the 2nd floor

I'm a guy who doesn't demand much in the way of comfort or cleanliness so my rating might be to high for women. I liked the staff as they where helpful and friendly. The place didn't have a bad smell to it like many of the smaller family run motels do now days

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

there were scary people outside with aggressive type dogs, roaming throughout the day and evening. There was little information provided about the area in the way of brochures and maps.

It was clean and comfortable, with a convenient location. The front desk staff were helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

• King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Two Thugs trying to break my door down at 2AM and the police taking 12 minutes to get there.Dark parking lot,hard to get to off the highway,toilet running,light over sink not working.

Not Much

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

room never went below 81 degrees. Maids never refreshed room over 4 day span. Was told to call multiple times to see about being placed in room earlier all for dead efforts. Used condoms on the walkway. Extended call hold times "when I was first in the que". Just over all poor service

I like the location. Period

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

• King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The AC was a Tipical wall unit and made a lot of noise. The entrance from the main road is not marked and it's easy to miss.

The floor's didn't have cleaning film allover like a lot of places. It was clean but a bit worn.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Though all rooms are smoke free. Everyone is smoking just outside the room door and you could smell the smoking smell in many rooms.

Staff was very helpful and understanding.

• Reviewed: 19 June 2016

Bathroom could have been a little cleaner.

Quiet even though it was very close to the interstate. Walking distance to some good restaurants. Friendly staff.

The room was very small and dark.

The maids were the friendliest staff that I encountered.

Room