Reviews of Red Roof Inn Orlando West - Ocoee 2 stars

#2 of 2 hotels in Ocoee

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

The location.

Everything was fine.

The location. It was near everything. And the price was amazing. The staff was very nice. The room was big. I stayed in the first floor.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Secornd Red Roof Hotel Stay in months and all were great.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I did not fins anything wrong with the room or service. I made this reservation al last minute, so maybe I can't find a good room available. But for my surprise, I had a couple of rooms to choose.

I made this reservation because the good service a couple moths ago in other Red Roof Hotel near Tampa Florida. I checka what was available (this was a last minute booking) and the deal breaker was the Red Roof name. I will book Red Roof again. Did a mention the Wi Fi was spectacular?

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Not going back
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It’s a good thing the floors were vinyl, because our mini-fridge leaked water all over the floor - big puddle - and did not keep our items cool at all. The mattresses were cheaply thin and springy. I had bed bug bites in the morning. It took the clerk over 10 minutes working with the one guest in front of me before he even started my check-in. Three towels were in the room for a family of 4.

The hotel was visibly clean. The new vinyl flooring was a nice touch; it would be great for families traveling with pets. We asked the front desk for more towels, and a nice lady brought some up in a timely manner. 20 minutes north of Disney.

Short and restless. King bed needs more pillows
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The thin walls. I could hear every bump from other rooms and those walking across the floors. Woke me up several time throughout the night and into the morning.

Location of hotel.

Comfortable stay if you pay your way.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It's kind of pricey, and although I didn't end up having to use it there is a sign on the front desk stating that anything that needs to be replaced has to be paid for. I understand things can be costly but I don't want to have to pay for an extra towel or blanket as a guest.

It is very convinetly located for travelers, it is close to the high way but not too far from food and shopping. The beds were comfy. The staff was very friendly, even when very busy.

Clean and comfortable
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

I made a reservation and it fell through because of a payment issue I wasn’t informed until I got to the front desk to check in and even then decided to stay but they only had double beds available it wasn’t a problem it was just somewhere to sleep for the night however I wasn’t informed of the $22 price difference all together it was a good hotel clean and very comfortable just very bad at informing their guest ahead

Clean and comfortable

Its a very noisy place. Its not a place where u can relax and get some sleep..no free breakfast here
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Its a very noisy place. The people upstairs kept stomping, u can hear guest in the hallway. Walls are paper thin. U can hear the moans of other people throughout the night. The price should be lowered because they do not have free breakfast at this hotel only coffee. Also the smell that comes through the water in the sink, shower is terrible and has a awful, molded smell. I couldnt brush my teeth because the after taste. This hotel must invest in a water filter system. The smell was horrific. I could not take it.

The walls are very thin. U can hear the moans of other people next door. I

Great Value
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

There cigarette butts in the hallways but I think it was from dirty customers. Not the staff

The price was great for the fact that we booked at the last minute and didnt take us long to get around from that location

The ease of not having a super crowded hotel with constant...
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The fact that I was charged more than what was quoted to me at booking.

The ease of not having a super crowded hotel with constant interruptions. Room was very cozy and spacious

Had a good stay
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Not enough shampoo and lotion was in the bathroom there were two people they had one tube of conditioning shampoo and no lotion

Slept like a log the beds were so good

mediocure
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bed had a big dip in the middle. Tub base was very slippery. Towels were cheap and small.

The breakfast was great. Oh! That's right there was no breakfast.

O.K.
    • Double Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

walls must be paper thin... really noisy...kept T.V. on all night to block other noise; check in staff rude..I couldn't understand him and had to keep asking him to repeat..that seemed to upset him....

Clean and comfortable...good location to other areas...really nice unless you are a lite sleeper...very noisy.. some of staff great...pool nice..but small..if not for the noise issue it is a great place to stay..

Appreciated no delays at the front desk and coffee in the morning
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Argh! The A/C sounded like a plane trying to take flight ... very loud very time it turned on . The outside halls smells of moth balls at all time 🤢. Without carpet in room to buffer sound , I could hear every sound made when guest were walking, moving things around , closing doors, etc... alleviator very slow to get moving .

The mattresses were wonderful ! Room was clean and water very hot for a shower. Complimentary coffee was a “plus” , and the staff very friendly

It was pretty good value for the price and the location was...
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The water in the faucet and shower smelled a bit. The internet connection was rough at times which made it hard to finish up my work in the evening.

It was pretty good value for the price and the location was nice.

3.5
    The plumbing in the room did not work and they expected me...
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The plumbing in the room did not work and they expected me to call them that night at 2am to report it they did not offer a discount for the inconvenience.

Pleasant two week experience as interim stay for Snowbird hunting in the following years
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

We Were looking for a place to be able to bring our dog for a long-term stay 2 weeks) while hunting for Snowbird lodging for 2019. Staff was very pleasant and the accommodations fit our needs perfectly. The cleaning staff particularly attentive and everyone was very accommodating .

Staff was rude, room was very clean
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

I was quoted one price on the phone and when I arrived was told a different price... after I explained this to the person I was talking to , I was made to feel that he thought I was lying!!! Did not like that feeling!😡

The room was very clean!!!

Alright
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Double billing? (hold on card for the same amount and you paid cash) even when you go through a third party.Hotel will hold card not run it. For incidentals if any for incidental if any. Especially for a motel. Hotels

First time at Red roof inn and last time at red roof inn.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Halls smell like cheap cleaning products, like they were trying to hide other odors Not enough soap or shampoo, had to ask

Location convenient for my needs

Would stay again!
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel was beginning to show its age. Still very nice but in need of minor updates.

The staff was very accommodating and went out of their way to find a room for us when we needed to extend our stay.

It was okay.
    • Business King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access/ Non-Smoking

They removed carpets, which did make the floors look nice; however, al the rooms are loud - no carpet to block the noise. You can hear everything said, being watched, done in the rooms around you 24/7.

Convenient. I won’t stay there again.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

No carpeting in my room made every noise echo. No carpeting made the floor cold, which made the room seem colder than it was. No coffee maker or microwave in my room(the sleeve for my room keys said my room should have a coffee maker and microwave).

The staff was excellent. “Don not disturb” sign meant I was not disturbed(in like other places I have stayed).

They can do much better.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Despite its price, it is generally a cheap place. From an interior design point of view, it can be better, lighting, mood, color choice. Many of their claims are false, such as having a coffee maker and a microwave in each room, there is one in the lobby and that is it. The materials used, the furniture, everything conveys that cheapness, it is my first time to see hardwood floor in a chain hotel instead of carpet. Even the napkins were given in a very cheap way. Beds are too soft, providing 3 pillow rather than 4. No complementary water, no coffee, no microwave (despite there advertisements). Room key stops working every other day, had to be reprogrammed for no clear reason. For that price bracket you expect and should get more.

It was clean, easy to reach. I believe it is newly refurbished so everything was working fine. Strong WiFi. Working laundry room. Cooperative workers. Well heated and A/C’d.

Not good!!!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No security. Room was dusty. We could hear all the conversations, sounds, TV, etc. from rooms next door all night long. Left some valuables (ID and money) on nightstand l, and 10 minutes later it was gone.

Very refreshing a

Booking.com messed up I had to change the accommodations I’m not handicapped but was assigned a handicap room Our second room wasn’t booked so I had to rebook it I was extremely dissatisfied with booking.com

Friendliness of staff Comfort and look of the room

Not worth the money
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

My husband is a military vet. We stayed through Veterans Day weekend, and when I paid my bill I asked if they were giving a military discount. I was told by the desk clerk that due to the fact that I booked the room online he was’t able to give me the military discount. What I find strange is the fact that I previously booked rooms online with other hotels and I always get my military discount. This is my first and last visit to red roof inn in Ocoee, next time I will choose somewhere else!

Very clean and good location

Short
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The construction on main road makes for perilous access. The hotel hallways can use a coat of paint or fresh wallpaper. Covering cigarette smell is difficult and it still permeated the hallway.

The room was clean. It was a one night stay only.

Good for two people only.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

1. My bed was not the size I needed but that was my fault. 2. The fact that my linen had something on them.

I didn’t look at the reservation thoroughly because I wanted two queen beds. This hotel does not have queen beds. Shame on me!

Pleasant 1 night stay except for parking lot light shining onto bed.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn't like that the curtains didn't cover the entire window. They closed all they way but didn't extend far enough to prevent the parking lot light from shining right onto my bed. They should look at room 308 and find a way to ensure the curtain covers the entire window.

Just stayed one night, mostly just slept there. No complaints except the one below.

Location was great for me.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No breakfast. Pool was dirty and small, didn’t look appealing.

Location was great for me. I needed to be close to family and it was within 5 minutes. Also close to a lot of stores.

Free coffee which was very good, cooperative staff.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The only downside was the floors in our room were not clean. The bottoms of our feet were black. Everything else was clean.

Denny's and McDonald's right beside the entrance to the hotel. Publix and Walgreens about a mile away. Easy access to 429 and the turnpike. Proximity to downtown Winter Garden. Beautiful little town.

It's an ok place to spend a night, but not a vacation.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Not a really friendly place. In fact the desk person was almost rude, who thinks efficiency is all that's needed for customer interaction. Trying to converse with him was useless. No breakfast, just a referral to Denny's. Lots of parking taken up by commercial vehicles, and they actually block access when parking in the rear. Road construction in front for the third year in a row. Very hard to get in and out.

It's an OK motel. It suits my needs as far as price, and location.

Sorry I have to find another hotel for future stays
    • Business King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access/ Non-Smoking

Second time I’ve stayed here when the Internet was down. Wi-Fi connected but no Internet. Internet is a necessity these days. Although I have stayed at this red roof Inn several times because of the Internet I have to find a new place to stay. The fan in the bathroom made a terrible noise.

The location despite the road construction which I’m wondering if it will ever end

Good but not great.
    • Business King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access/ Non-Smoking

Noise traveled easily into the room from the hallway and adjacent rooms.

Everything was adequate and I mean everything. Room was clean but spartan. There are no luxury touches in the hotel.

I realize it is called Red Roof Inn but I am a designer and...
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

I realize it is called Red Roof Inn but I am a designer and the red color in the rooms and halls was a very disturbing not relaxing color for a place of rest. Corporate offices might want to rethink and repaint with maybe a hint of red as an accent. At least, the red color selected was not a pleasant red in the spectrum of all the reds that could have been chosen

Dissatisfaction
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I was changed for was clothes that I used to clean up coffee with. $30.00 I could have gone to Walmart and paid $10.00 then $60.00 for sheets my granddaughter bottle leaked on.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Horrible... never again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Safe was already locked with some ok me else's code. A/c was not cold. Stuff was stolen from my vehicle. Got yelled at when asked for extra towels for the pool. Told we needed to use pool towels that were not available. Washer didn't work.

Drug dealing Hotel
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Walls are paper thin kids yelling and slamming doors at 4:30 in the morning. Drug deals going on in the parking lot. Twenty somethings kids having parties in the rooms very noisy and there is no security. There is no key card to the pool so anyone can go in there and swim. I went down in the morning and complained and they would not comp my room, I did not get any sleep. Domestic violence going on 5 doors down from us. I guess if your a drug dealer and a partier this is a good place to stay. I will be call there corporate office to complain about this place. Also do not stay there if you have breathing problems they use very strong chemicals to clean the rooms because people smoke cigarettes and pot in the room even though it says not to and all rooms are non smoking.

Not one thing I liked

Price
    • Business King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access/ Non-Smoking

Hardwood floors, heard every footy step above me, walls very thin, could hear every conversation, smell in lobby, overwhelming smell of bleach all the time. The staff were great though. No printers to print documents

Price

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

When I return to Orlando, I will definitely stay at another location.
    • Business King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access/ Non-Smoking

Chair in room was filthy, and bathroom floor was not very clean. We were moved to another room, but the staff made me feel that they did not believe me when I first came to them regarding our issues with the room

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

Staff was very nice and location was excellent, easy access...
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

stayed on first floor and it was noisy; also could hear the upstairs person walking; poor insulation against noise.

Staff was very nice and location was excellent, easy access to freeway, turnpike. Also there was a Denny's next door you could walk to, which was great, as the hotel did not have a restaurant.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Not a family hotel. Too many construction workers in hotel.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Management forced us out to renovate our room after 7 days. When we refused they began moving furniture at 4am. They still have $278 on hold from my credit card.

The location was great and the staff was very friendly!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room wasn't downright dirty, but it wasn't very clean either. There were hairs in the shower, rings from glasses on the desk, and the floor hadn't been swept. We had a double room, traveling with our two kids, and they only had three towels in the room.

The location was great and the staff was very friendly! They are redoing a lot of the rooms, so the amenities are new. Overall, the stay was pleasant.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

No water in room, no small microwave or coffee maker.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No water in room, no small microwave or coffee maker. However they did provide happy hour ammenity. I am not sure of complimentary coffee. Also some security needed of car breakin

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

I strongly recommend it.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The Wifi was free but not very reliable. I recommend to improve this service.

The customer service was excellent. The representative of the front desk George was excellent!

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Too expensive for the quality of room and service.
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Smell of room, quality of services.

One check in night clerk was really nice and helpful, the others not so much. I had to ask for an extra towel and shampoo and at first the desk clerk acted like I could not get them, he drilled me about how many people were in my room. I had to be persistent to get what I needed. I got walked in on by one of the maids, she knocked while she was opening the door and gave me no chance to answer. I was in a towel. Our room smelled damp and stale, we called desk and they brought air freshener spray that did not help much. The plugs were loose and my hair dryer etc would not stay plugged in. The room was too expensive for the quality. I probably won't stay again.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Not the best experience
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Pillows were very hard and the bedding was not warm. Desk clerk stated that he tried to charge my credit card before our arrival, but my booking stated that I would pay for the room when I arrived. He was somewhat combative about it when I questioned him.

Location was good. Room was clean.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

Denny's on the same location and the 10% discount.

No breakfast provided.

Denny's on the same location and the 10% discount. The premium room was spacious. The coffee center of the lobby and available laptops.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

The guy in front desk also didnt tell me that We had to pay $10 for a roll away
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

That they kept charging my card and saying it was declined yet it was an error they were inputting wrong information so Im waiting for a refund on my card

Hotel was clean

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Very quiet rooms, even though located near busy streets and...
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Very quiet rooms, even though located near busy streets and highways. Fast Internet with hardwired Ethernet jacks at the desk. Nice clean room, roomy. Excellent bed & bedding. Very good value.

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

Ocoee Founders day weekend
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No sound proofing between rooms. Front desk was not knowledgeable of area when asked about location of founders day festival. They made no effort to even look it up when asked.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

Staying again this year.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

One elevator and its slow.

Bed comfy. Shower ok. A voucher for free breakfast at the adjoining Dennys would be nice. It's not a cheap stay, so loosen those dollars a little.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Issue with keys is not good!
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Every single time I left and came back, my key did not work. Clearly they were not caring for the locks or keys as they should have, I suppose to save money. They just kept saying...Oh, keys just get de-magnetized. Nonsense. Very unpleasant to have to keep replacing the key for a 6 night stay.

The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was fine, except about the issue of the keys not working.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

Great Stay!
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

I liked the easy check in, the cleanliness of the entire hotel, and the size of the room was great! I will definitely be interested in booking here again!

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Lave it

Closed to all i need

Everithing was great

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

The staff was nice
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The inside of the room was not clean enough for me to feel comfortable.

The staff was nice

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Always a clean property.

Always a clean property.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Not good

The staff and the pool

The staff was rude and did not know how to tell us how to get anywhere

Hotel appeared clean.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff was rude and unfriendly, complained to me as a customer on how they were a small private hotel.

Hotel appeared clean.

clean place near where I needed to be. Staff very courteous and helpful
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Noisy pipes. you could hear the pipes every hour at night.

Not the best location to stay
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hallways smelled like marijuana. Customer service was not great! Called to get towels and they were never sent up.

Close to family

Great staff!
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Great staff! Always get me in early and my phone preferred room location

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They didn’t give us military discount, even asking for at the checkin, because we make reservations through booking.com.

The staff make you feel like if you were at home.

everything

Next to Denny's

No breakfast

Next to Denny's That's about it

Outside hole that broke my tire .
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Outside hole that broke my tire .. expensive tire

T.was just ok
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Why are handicap accessible rooms on the 3rd floor? If fire what to do...

It is a good hotel but I expected a better resort
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast did not meet our expectations

The pool

Very nice and supportive staff.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Very noisy. Other guests making noises during the nights.

Very nice and supportive staff. It's a standard hotel.

I would not recommend this property.
    • Double Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The hotel advertised that it was renovated and although the rooms were ok, the linens were old,stained, and tattered.

The location.

According to booking.
    • Double Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

According to booking.com your not charged until check in. Not true they charge your card prior to your arrival.

A good 2 nights we spent there. I will return the next time we visit our relitives.

you need better soap in the bath I think it looked like Fells Naphtha

Location remodeled and condition glad Red Roof is coming back

Overall love place

Guest running and playing after 10pm in halls

Bed room clean staff great

very nice, near where we needed to be
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

would be nice with at least continental breakfast

The bed was uncomfortable.
    • Double Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The bed was uncomfortable.