Reviews of Red Roof Inn Panama City 3 stars

217 North US Highway 231, Panama City, FL 32405, USA

#11 of 23 hotels in Panama City

• Deluxe King Room with Kitchenette - Smoking

Bed could of been a bit more comfy but that's it

The option to have a kitchenette with a full size fridge and freezer was awesome and I like that smoking and non-smoking rooms were offered. The smoking room didn't even smell bad

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Kitchenette - Non-Smoking

Television could have been larger

Clean facilities and friendly staff.Continental breakfast every day. Small swimming pool and all amenities worked as expected. Nice channel selections provided as well. Relatively quiet and no problems and there is adequate parking -close circuit tv safety

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Most uncomfortable bed i ever sleep on you can feel springs in it Will never stay at it again because of this working 14 hours a day it would be nice if spending 881 a week the bed would feel comfortable

Staff was nice room was clean

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Location a little skeptical however was expensive enough where no riff raff. Proven by watching people come up and leave because of the higher price.

It was very clean and everyone was very nice. Rooms were very clean

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The picture shows wood floors but our room had carpet. I tried the waffles for breakfast but didn't like it.

The bed was very comfortable. The room was clean. Good restaurants near by. It was comfortable to stay at Red Roof over all.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything met my expectations If I have to say one negative thing; the elevator was slow.

The staff was extremely friendly and the room was very clean and comfortable queen beds.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The surrounding wasn’t that nice but the Red roof was the best around there. It’s 20 minutes away from Pier Park in Panama City Beach.

The rooms were clean and the location was clean. Even though they accepted pets the rooms didn’t smell like dogs. The rooms are big. It was 4 of us with 2 pets and the room was big and clean.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The only issue we had during our stay was the key cards failed to work a couple times, and the water was not as hot as one would like.

The location was not bad at all, just a short drive to the beach. The were ample food selections nearby, as well as as mall. The housekeeping staff was on point

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The little waiting/dining area for breakfast and the hours for breakfast. I feel like the hours for breakfast should have been extended from 6a-10a, because when you're on vacation you don't want to get up at the crack of dawn just to eat breakfast.

The sausage and gravy biscuits were GREAT and the waffles were so fluffy and golden brown. Loved the orange juice as well.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

No coffee at breakfast and housekeepers did not refill in the room when they came in. Had to go out and get my coffee two days in a row.the staff not to overly friendly

Beds were comfy rooms were nice clean liked that I could bring my pet

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Enjoyed easy access to the beach and other activities. Restaurants and stores were easy to find and in very reasonable distance. Atmosphere was relaxing.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast didn’t have a huge selection.

Just perfect for somewhere to lay your head after a day at the beach. Right by one of the malls! Great sushi place 5 mins down the road (FINS)

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast menu was rather poor - not much to choose from - one or the other of orange juice and fresh fruit and oatmeal were empty all 3 mornings I checked, whether early, middle or late during the available breakfast hours. Packets of grits were plentiful but I don't know anyone who eats them. Only 2 dry cereal choices, neither one appealing to kids (or me) and could not find milk either. We ended up going to McDonalds or elsewhere for breakfast every day.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Great Central location for every thing I had to do this trip. Well lit, I felt safe with such friendly staff, this is huge because I was by myself this time. Thank you!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I like having breakfast, but I wish there had been more options. Eggs would have been nice- I woke up expecting them. Also, grits already made would have been nice, too.

The beds were so comfortable, everything was so clean, and all of the staff was so kind!!!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

My service dog was treated as a pet and was only allowed on the floor where pets were allowed. My dog is not used to hearing everyone else's dogs barking and howling and carrying on and their owners being loud idiots in the hallway. All this which by the way, was right next to the check in staff night person who was too lazy to get out of his chair to tell these inconsiderate people to quieten down. This went on all night. We had asked for a room on the upstairs but because we had a "pet" we had to stay with the rest of them. Beds were uncomfortable. Our door didn't shut to latch to lock without slamming it. Worst stay ever!!! I left there more exhausted than when I got there!!!

• King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

We were here for Christmas break. When we finally made it to our king suite we checked out the room like we always do upon arrival. We found the sheets to have hair throughout the different layers and hair throughout the bathroom.We went to the front desk and they attempted to contact housekeeping. Housekeeping refused to come service our room. We ended up getting a set of sheets from the front desk. We went to Walmart and purchased cleaning supplies, pillow cases, and blankets for the bed. After being gone a couple of hours the room was still not touched by a worker. We cleaned our room ourselves. When returning the hair infested sheets to the front desk the employee was to busy watching the game and his earbuds in to come serve us at the counter. We were disappointed with our customer service but had to much scheduled to find a different location to stay.

Location was in the middle of our events. Hotel was quiet. The jacuzzi was enjoyable after we cleaned the hair out of it.

• Superior King Room - Smoking

Could have informed me before we went into room that it was a conjoined room. I would have switched rooms but I was on the 3rd floor. didn't want to move all my things again.

Decent cash deposit for the room. And smoking King Superior room had 3 ashtrays! Very nice touch. I didn't like that the bathroom vent fan want on its own switch I like to keep it on to help clear the smoke in the room.

• King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was a joke. You could make waffles or have some bread, just looked sad. Red Roof in Palm Coast Florida, had breakfast - eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy---everything. Panama City Red Roof was pitiful in comparison. The TV in the room was ok...but they had almost no channel selection...I have never seen that in any hotel in recent memory. Also, they charged a 50 dollar deposit upon arrival...then when you leave the housecleaning staff to have to check your room and radio to the front desk that is ok. I have never seen this in any hotel....very strange.

Front desk people were nice.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

I booked this hotel for my boyfriend and the staff was extremely accommodating and very polite. My boyfriend stayed for two nights while working at the Marina Civic Center and this hotel was conveniently located. He said the bed was comfortable, the room was clean, and it wasn't loud.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The first person I encountered at the desk wasn't very warm. Early morning. However, the afternoon staff and the cleaning crew were fun and upbeat.

The TV in my first assigned room did not work. I was immediately given a new room. At that point everything was excellent. I'm looking forward to staying there again.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Kitchenette - Smoking

I did not like that I did not get the room I ordered as I ordered a kitchen net. I felt like I should have got a discount for not getting the right room I ordered. The beds were not comfortable and was disappointed..

The staff were friendly and very helpful and parking was nice and the room was clean.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

This is a very clean, excellently managed motel. They have an outstanding breakfast. The motel provided clean towels for motorcycle clean-up. This is my motel of choice when I attend the Panama City Beach bike week.

EVERYTHING WAS GREAT.

I STAYED THEIR ONE NIGHT GOING TO DESTIN, FLORIDA. AND ONE NIGHT ON MY RETURN TRIP HOME IN GA. THE PLACE WAS EASY TO FIND. ALL THING FOR MY STAY WAS GREAT.

• Superior King Room - Smoking

The bed was fine, but the pillows were horrible. There was fleas in the room when there shouldn’t have been being as how that there was a “ no pets allowed “ rule. The tv did not work nor did the telephone. It was just very unpleasant.

• King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

- the shower head and faucet was like coming apart. The shower was not giving very much water. - the room was not vacuumed and mopped good because when me and my friend got there. On the left side of the bed on the floor something was spilled and it was very very sticky and there were dead bugs in the corners. I was not very happy about the cleaning.

I really enjoy the spa bath it was nice and relaxing. Even watch movies/tv from the spa bath.

• Superior King Room - Smoking

Two lights were out in the room which made it dim. I also booked the room online not realizing that it was a smoking room. I immediately called the front desk as soon as I entered the room and asked if there were any non smoking available. The answer I received was "sure don't ". I don't feel like he tried to accommodate me or anything.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Kitchenette - Non-Smoking

The beds are hard and the pillows are too soft

Easy to get to and staff was very friendly. We got locked out of our room and they were quick to assist.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The beds could have been a little more comfortable than what they were.

We really enjoyed the breakfast and enjoyed the lady that was staffed at eating area. She was very sweet. Before we left Sunday morning we had to give her a bye hug.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

When we arrived the police were there arresting some people. It made me nervous about our safety and the safety of our vehicle. The staff was reassuring, and we had a pleasant stay, despite our worries.

The staff was very friendly, room very comfortable and breakfast was nice.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Kitchenette - Non-Smoking

The mattresses need replacing! They are horrible, hard as a rock!

I liked most of the staff, the pool, the convience to parking & room,nice area to walk my 🐕. Also Mayon was my housekeeper, she was very polite and thorough!Oh they also provided bags for your dog's poop!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I did not like the color of the pool water, other guests commented the same,

First the staff were so very nice, they appeared to be like one big family. My daughter and her friend enjoyed the pool several times, the exercise room and definitely the breakfast, The room was clean and large, laminate floors which prevented the smell of stench of the carpet. One of the best stays recently. 9/10 for me.

The rudeness of kitchen staff. The gravy ran out,and the kitchen lady wouldn't replace, and it wasn't even time for breakfast to be over. She was also rude and made comments to me about other guests.

The affordable price and allowance of pets.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

The hall way to our room smelled like marijuana. We stayed 4 days and the last 2 days they would not clean our room or bring us towels. Because we refused to tip housekeeping. The laundry facilities didn't even work.

Close to attractions.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The bathroom wasn't clean when arrived and no one serviced the room while our visit.

King size bed and breakfast was delicious. Ms. Lorraine love that lady hardworking, very helpful, clean, and polite.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Drity rooms. Beds blankets was full of hair. Room stints. Smaller rooms. Washer n dryer broke. Breakfast horrible. Drity carpet in all area of hotel including rooms. Poor lighting in hotel room, which is a sure sign they don't want you to see how awful n dirty the rooms really are .

Nothing on that property. False advertising the proberty wasn't like what you all advertised.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I can't say there was anything wrong.

Everything was great, I have no complaints about anything. Everyone I spoke to there was nice & friendly.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

It stunk so badly. Nonsmoking room was drenched in ashtray and cleaning solution. Not even close to worth the price I paid! I've seen $35 rooms in better condition!

I found a 9mm cartridge on the floor when we arrived!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Kitchenette - Non-Smoking

Mattresses are old with springs People above us were noisy and let their child run back and forth, between midnight and 3 a.m. Had to call hotel staff several times about the noise. Elevator was slow and has a rough stop. Poor breakfast choices. No meat in breakfast offered.

The rooom was large, the price was good for our 12 day stay. Our housekeeper was very.nice.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

This wasn't a problem with the hotel but I should have found a place in Panama City Beach. It made my commute a little longer than I wanted. I didn't know the difference between Panama City and Panama City Beach.

It was a great place to stay

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Kitchenette - Non-Smoking

Continental breakfast was a joke! There were waffle makers, instant oatmeal, biscuits that were still frozen and danishes that looked old! Room was dirty, had to go to Target and buy cleaning supplies and air fresheners, room smelled moldy. Bed was old and extremely uncomfortable, we had to go out and buy pillows. Second day they didn't even clean our room, which honestly I was ok with because we cleaned it to our liking, but still needed toilet paper and towels, had to ask front desk for them and David was annoyed we asked for what we needed!

how close it was to venue we were visiting.

After booking we found out this hotel has had issues with bed bugs so we canceled our booking. It would be nice to have a link on booking.com that takes you to the bed bug registry.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast area was to small. People were always on top of each other and myself when I went for breakfast. also chairs were very noisy when people moved them piercing my ears.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The room smelled and it was most noticeable each time we walked in the door. The vending machine didn't work on the 3rd floor - seemed like something was jammed in the dollar slot. There were 2 tissues in the box and once used, I had to go looking for the cleaning cart to request another box. Seems like they would have noticed how low it was and replaced before we checked in. There were 3 of us (and we had advance reservations) but there were not 3 of cups, toiletries, etc.

Staff in the breakfast room was especially friendly and helpful. Beds were comfortable. Felt safe. Appreciated having a frig in the room and the big tv.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Fire alarm and lights went off at 12:45 am through entire hotel one of the nite, followed by a second alarm 15 minutes later, fire department showed up, and to round the evening off a car alarm started sounding off right outside our hotel window.

Staff was nice. Good location.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

No mention of pet deposit during reservations.. Was ask to pay $200 pet deposit when reservations clearly stated free! Then management argued with me about it.

Clean and comfortable

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The bed was uncomfortable the was trash left from the previous guest dirt was all in the shower and a dead bug squished on the picture frame above the toilet and I would like my money back

Nothing the hotel was nasty and the staff was rude

• Deluxe King Room with Kitchenette - Smoking

When first walking in the room the smell was very very stale. My husband and I had to buy incests to cover the smell. When showering the water did not flush down the drain and that's pretty yucky considering you don't know how good they'd clean the bath. Let's not mention the bites from bed bugs! Yes my husband and I both are now very itchy and have red spots every where! Oh and the free breakfast ? We didn't even bother eating luckily there was a Waffle House half a mile a way . The kitchen was totally unequiped. Yea there's a microwave and mini stove but what am I supposed to use it with.

I liked that there was no extra fee for pets and they were not stringent on where the dog had Access to

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

• Superior King Room - Smoking

I just didn't like the bed but my husband had no issues with it so it was probably just me...

The staff was awesome! EVERYONE was kind and helpful. Breakfast was perfect way to start our day, not having to leave to go somewhere to eat. LOVED that there was a washing machine and dryer on site, next time I will pack half of what we took on the trip!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

We had the house keeper come in our room didn't knock on the door. Had alcohol on his breathe brought towels to the room put them in the bed use the phone and walked out

The breakfast was good and the room was clean and fresh

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

For a one night stay with 2 children under 4, the dbl queen room and free continental breakfast was perfect! I like the shower and toilet room separate from the sink/vanity and the night light at the sink was great.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff could have been a little more friendly and inviting. And they charge a $50 security deposit that I wasn't aware of that still hasn't been credited back to my account.

The rooms were spacious and clean.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The room smelled bad, musty odor and the internet was signal was very poor, had to go outside for it to work.

The property is conveniently located and easy to find. Plenty of onsite parking, I like the fact that they offer pet friendly rooms.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Space for hanging wet towels was needed. Sound traveled through walls especially other patrons' music and running overhead.

Room size was very good. Clean and housekeeping was good.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

A lot of noise from the other rooms. I could hear the doors being opened and closed. And I could hear the person above me moving and walking around.

The room was very spacious and clean.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Yhe handicap equipment wasn't in working use again. I'm handicap. My microwave didn't heat well.

The cleanliness and friendly staff as usual

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff were robots. Not very friendly for a place that is taking our money. On every occasion I greeted them and if I did get a response it was not very friendly. The breakfast is ill equipped for the number of guests this time of year. I won't be staying there again. I should have stayed elsewhere. The beds were marginal and the bedding was bluntly, sub standard

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

There was one small red stain on a towel, but it is nothing that we couldn't work around since only two of us were staying in the room and three towels were provided.

My expectations were certainly exceeded. The staff was kind and the room was lovely and nice and comfortable :)

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The elevator was slow.My kids had got stuck in the elevator,the fire department had to retrieve them from it.

The atmosphere was nice.The staff was nice.The breakfast was good.Room was cozy and clean.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The room where breakfast was served was a little bit small. The elevator seemed a little slow.

People were nice. Other guests were friendly, too. Everything was relatively quiet and my stay was pleasant.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

6 lights in room, 4 out room had ridiculous amounts of chemicals to mask the old smoking smell of the carpet internet was horribly inconsistent lots of dirt and small pieces of misc. trash/paper around bed frame. refrigerator was off when I arrived, took 4 hours to cool enough to put my food in

Staff was polite but could not help me with the problems I had. Location was where I had hoped it was, worked well.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Kitchenette - Smoking

Could use some type of silver ware or cooking utensils in kitchens most people travling dont bring that stuff other then nothing

Overall i was very happy with my stay and would stay again and recommend to anyone

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Room running down. Cracks in ceiling, grout broken out of tile, shower head hanging out of the wall and the lobby is beginning to smell like bleached body odor.

Convenience, price

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

• Superior King Room - Smoking

The room smelt terrible. I went to a local grocery store to buy an air freshener and that didn't even work. The shower head in the shower wasn't even attached it was hanging out of the wall. The "fitness room" had a treadmill that was full of sweat and 2 other cardio machines that weren't clean. I originally made a reservation for two nights and checked it after one. I went somewhere else.

I did not like anything.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

• Superior King Room - Smoking

No coffee in room the last night, ceiling in room needs attention

Lorine in the breakfast room was friendly and kept up with everything, we enjoyed our time at breakfast time the most.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Hotel needs to keep up with building maintenance. When on our way to check out we noticed that a piece of ceiling had fallen in the lobby on the 2nd floor by the drink machine. Pillows were way too small and flat. If I have a king bed then give king pillows. Other than that I didn't really have many complaints.

As always, the bed was pretty comfortable. Noise was pretty much non-existent. A/C worked well. Breakfast is offered.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The selection for breakfast, little to choose from

Friendly staff during check in and during the stay. Nice rooms, not to far from the beach so worth staying away from the beach for cheaper, and no smoking on the hall we were on which was a great stay for us!

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

our room 120 had a very bad order of smoke like someone was smoking inside there our grand daughter stayed in that room we went out and bought stuff to kill the order but it would not go away for some reason, it was the very low point of our visit and will weigh heavly on if we stay there again

the lady that greeted us at the desk was very warm and gave us maps to local areas, but the lady that cleaned our room was very good we thought the world of her

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Toilet paper was very rough. Would have liked a little better quality. Would have like some hot food items offered at breakfast other than making a waffle.

Room and Bath Clean with plenty of towels. Staff gave excellent recommendations for area restaurants with directions. Location was easy to get to and gave us easy access to places we were going in the area. Parking light well lit. Felt safe arriving after dark.

• Reviewed: 23 November 2016

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Morning staff seemed like they were bothered by me checking out. Shoddy repairs in room from water damage. Smoking still allowed and when you get off elevator in the hallway it reeked.

Bed was comfortable. Free breakfast (although we didn't eat it). Staff in the evening was great. Location was central to shopping and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The room was disgusting. Looked like it had never been cleaned. There was stains on the bed! There was a soft spot on the floor by the sink and the sink was stopped up.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

IT SMELLED THE FIRST ROOM WAS DIRTY AND THINGS WAA BROKE. The gym equipment was raggady. And in a room where there are two beds for four ppl they only give you three wash clothes

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The furniture was old and some of the towels had holes in them plus the drain in the shower didn't work and there was very poor lighting

Staff was nice

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Our window leak when it rained and that was every night. and we were on the second floor and it was very loud above us. And the light around the windows were blinding at night need to fix that problem for sure .

The staff was very friendly

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I did not like that the pool area was disgusting and not up to standards from previous night's guests ( clothes strewn everywhere, a GLASS BOTTLE OF BEER out in the open ) all the next day. No one bothered to check and clean up. I also hated that other rude guests were allowed to take up both waffle irons at the same time while they each made a dozen waffles for their same family without letting anyone else make one. Staff easily sees this and does NOTHING.

I like that the rooms had hardwoods.