Reviews of Red Roof Inn PLUS+ Philadelphia Airport 3 stars

49 Industrial Highway, Essington, PA 19029, USA

#4 of 7 hotels in Essington

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

THE FIRST ROOM I WAS IN I AND PEOPLE WHO LIVED THERE 2 FAMILIES ON ONE SIDE AND FAMILIES ON THE OTHER SIDE WERE BBQing and THEY WERE MAKING A LOT OF NOISE SO I REQUESTED TO MOVE AND THAT ROOM WAS DIRTY THE COMFORTER HAD A LOT OF STAINS AND THE LIGHT FIXTURES OVER THE BED DID NOT WORK

NOTHING

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

I couldn’t go out to pick up anything because of the broken door. The water not going down in the tub was very disappointing .

My room door would not lock from the outside so I was stuck in my room and the water in the tub wouldn’t go down. Really bad experience. I wouldn’t go back there or recommend anyone else to. The morning I checked out I made my complaints and nothing was done about it.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The bed wasn’t comfortable and the pillows to flat. The elevator was dirty and stinks. I requested a first floor room,only when I booked, cause my husband can’t climb stairs, we both have bad knees,but when I got there none was available. So they put us on the 3rd fl. Need a refrigerator & microwave in the room.

The location, to where I wanted to be.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room is in very bad condition and is no where near the rates charged. There is ocsassionally no hot water in the shower. The carpet was dirty and smelly. Room service is not done every day sometimes.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I didnt like the customer service i received...the rooms were not ready as dedcribed, they sent me to a dirty room and when i finally got a room i had to wait hours to receive towels so i could shower because they said they didn't have any clean

The location to the airport area was great and it was a nice and quiet place overall

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Our room had a stinky smell, it turns out there was poop in the toilet. The office host upgraded my room which was nice.

the rooms were clean and presentable

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Actually, we were satisfied with every aspect of our stay there. Even the walking distance from our car to our room. We had a lot of luggage; but we didn't have to park the car very far away from our door.

The staff was friendly, smiling. The room was comfortable. The A/C was on when we arrived; we felt cold in the room. So we asked if we could have the heat turned on, and the desk person helped us to get the room heat on so the room was a very comfortable temperature. That was important for us. We were there to attend a Wedding. The shower was a good one; important. The bed was comfortable. There was Philly Diner right next door, where we ate a few times. Nice people there.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Nobody is expecting luxury by any means when they book at a Red Roof Inn, but this was not a very nice property at all. The rooms were incredibly small, outdated, and were not clean at all. I am not a picky person about my beds, but this bed was so uncomfortable that I felt as if I had been beaten up when I awoke the next morning. I get that this is not the Hilton, and most people book this type of hotel as a place just so they have a place indoors to sleep at night, but still, this was a poor quality place.

The check-in process here was very easy.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Everything, the room was complete trash everything was falling apart inside

Nothing, the room was not clean at all I honestly could’ve did better myself

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

My reservations were mixed up with another customer with the same name. Also although I requested an early check but arrived at 3pm my room was not ready

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

They say that is a smoke free property but the first room had a strong smell of smoking that it was impossible to stay. I asked for another room and they changed but the people were smoking so near the building that the smell could enter in the bottom of the door. The location is around 30 minutes by car from the center of Philadelphia, in a poor neighborhood, full of policies patrols.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

When I booked online I indicated arrival time between 3:00 and 4:00 PM. When I checked in at 4:15 PM key could not open door because room was not ready.

The location was fine and convenient

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The housekeeper was yelling about how dirty the room was left, which was not true. She cussed and called us all kinds of names while everyone was outside. I thought your job was to pick up dirty towels and make beds. I won't be staying here again.

They took a night off for her awful behavior..

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

My sheets we complete soiled as of the had not been changed, there was poop all in the toilet and my shower had hair in it. Although house keeping was gone for the day. We could’ve been helped.

The location was great the room looked nice.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Are hotel room was dirty, the linen on the beds had not been changed. Light sockets did not have covers. And the door to the room looks like it was kicked in. The hotel needs to be renovated. Will not stay here again.

Convenience to where our daughter lives.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No refrigerator or microwave. Bottled water should be free for all guest not just redicard members. At 10am a cleaning lady knocked on the door asking if we were staying another night, but checkout wasn't til 12pm.

Bed was comfortable and room was clean

Bathroom light flickering

I honestly thought that this would be a horrible hotel. From arrival, the workers seemed professional. I am a former housekeeper so I know how to check for violations. The entire room was cleaned and even had a pleasant smell. The only think that I noticed was cigarette ashes behind the headboard.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was no microwave in the room or in the lobby to warm food, they say breakfast was included but that was a lie and to make matters worse they never clean the room and change the bedding. No fridge to store food or bottle of water. All in all the information on their website is all lies.

Nothing at all

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I liked the sank and the TV and that's sad

Where do I start the white sheets has stains in them but you can tell they are permanent so they need knew ones and the blankets has wholes in it with stains and I'm sure they was never washed so I had to go bye two sets of queen sheet sets and 2 $20 blankets for my kids and I could be comfortable til morning. I will not be booking them ever again.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

A little more competitive with Motel 6 would have been nice. Had to change rooms 5 times to get a clean, non smoking room. First two rooms were saturated with someone cigarette smoking and smoking pot. So thick the taste was in our mouths. Changed only to find the 3rd and fourth room bedding dirty (stains and hair on sheets from prior customer) and T.V. remote didn't work on the 4th room change. 5th room we changed our own linen. Dirty soap was in shower from last customer so we didn't use the shower. Cleaned our own toilet to make sure it was clean. If the bedding and shower were dirty we assumed toilet seat would be too.

First stay went perfect. Nice room, wifi, clean room, comfy bed, LOCATION LOCATION close to all freeway exchanges. Spitting distance to Denny's and Philly Diner. Quick drive to Cracker Barrel, Wendy's, convenience store and gas. Perfect location. Pat was very accommodating, professional and quick to respond to customer service issues. Helen, not so much.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Little more $$ than motel 6. Wish it was just a little more affordable.

Janet Jackson at the front desk was excellent. Friendly competent & professional. The room was clean beds comfy. Excellent location next to Denny and Philly Diner. Cracker Barrel AMD Wendy's are close drive by 5/10 minutes. Gas stations nearby. Freeway entrance just feet away from door. Perfect. Affordable stay my h better option than motel 6 across the lot. Pay for a little more and stay here instead of motel 6.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Our non smoking room smelled of smoke. The property manager didn't seem to care at all. We let them know at check in there were children and we would need a few more towels but we never received any. There was a night where unsupervised children were running all over the parking lot.

It was a convenient location.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

there was no room services ( no towels change, no bed sheets change, room wasn't clean) for all three nights my partner and I stayed there. we also had people knocking on our door the second night.

checking in was very good. the lady at the front desk did amazing.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

There was one small issue. A little bit unclean behind the toilet seat lids. Other than that super clean room.

Red Roof invested money in remodeling👌🏽. Nice and quiet area as well.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Heater would not stay. Room.was cold all night. Room was smaller than expected per pics online.bed sheets were clean yet not sufficient to keep warm.

THE PILLOWS ANd BED WERE COMFY. There was cable.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Looking at dirty floor, molded bathtub, grey towels which I couldn't touch, at least bed sheets smelled fresh. Not a shred of soap in a room for 100$ per night, that's a new low! Coffee? Eggs? you have to be joking.

bed sheets smelled fresh. near airport

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Elevator a bit dirty, but understandable, for it was snowing outside.

Room newly renovated. Everything worked as expected. Fully equipped room, with microwave, fridge (silent!), coffee maker etc.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

I didn't like that when I arrived to the property they only accepted cards and the motel 6 that I went to a while back that's right next to Red roof accepted cash or card. I was very disappointed because there was nothing that said no cash when I booked my stay. I was very lucky to have money on my card to pay for the room but I feel like they were trying to get over because there was nothing mentioned about not accepting cash. So I feel like they were a little shady and dishonest.

The rooms were very nice and classy. Perfect for couples

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

I didn’t like that it wasn’t a microwave, or refrigerator and that the sink was a part of the room. The room was small

I loved the decor, I liked the fact that it had an actual hotel ambiance. I also am grateful for the late checkout

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

You can tell that the cleaning was done haphazardly. There was a very old light/heater towards the ceiling that was clacking the entire stay & kept us up at night.

Janet was so very nice and welcoming. She went above and beyond for us.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Service Was Lethargic, Room Needed Some Extra Housekeeping Privacy Was Invaded And Mgt. Never Responded To The Complaint

Bed Was Comfortable, Great Location

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The associates attitude when I arrive. The info given on line that I could pay with cash at check in was incorrect. Could use a refrigerator and microwave in the rooms.

Rooms were very clean. Better than what I expected. Appearance was great.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

They did. It have a shuttle bus to the airport and I had meetings at the airport twice a day for 4 days. Also it took a special technique to make the deadbolt stay in the door while leaving the room.

I booked it because it was priced low and it was next to 2 restaurants.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room was clean, but the bathtub and fixtures were discolored (rust, corrosion) probably from water and age) which detracted from the cleanliness. TV remote did not work; however it gave us the option to use our smartphone as a remote so we did that instead.

Front desk clerk was very friendly and quick to find us another room, when the one originally assigned to us was in the process of being cleaned (we checked in 2hrs after check in time). Location is convenient to PHL and I-95.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The light in the sink area did not work. The room had a little bit of an odor, the bathroom was decent but not the best but I definitely got what I paid for can’t complain about the price.

I like the fact that they tried to update the rooms to a more modern look

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It seems a little sketchy. The room was really clean but the door was dirty from so many people touching it. There is no shuttle to the airport although it is a budget place.

Close to the airport

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room was extremely hot upon arrival (76) Never cooled down. Was 74 in the morning. Beds uncomfortable. Pillows not great. Reg coffee pot was empty. No variety of creamer choice. Needless to say I’m not impressed with red roof. I thought because it was a “plus “ it would be better. For an additional $15 I could have been in a Marriott.

Proximity to the airport only positive feature

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Heating system. Too stuffy, especially for those who suffer sinus problems.

Clean, convenient and comfortable for location and chain. 1-2 nights is fine.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room was dirty. Safe was broken, rugs hadn’t been vacuumed and refrigerator was filthy. Candy wrapper under bed. Dried up spills on floors. Very dirty.

Nice location

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Dark, not well lighted outside. My room wasn't clean, had to change it. No frig. in the rooms. Office area very small.

Location off highway was good.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

On the rundown side. Our initial room had lights that didn't work and a toilet that kept running. Rooms had stale smoke odor.

Staff was friendly and accommodating when I requested a new room due to a running toilet and lights not working. Generally clean.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

There was a spider, a flying insect and the room needed to be swept. Overall, it was a good quick stay.

Size of room, the extras were nice. The staff, was amazingly accommodating- very impressive. The location to the airport is perfect!

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The rooms were smaller than I expected. The bathtub was small as well and the sink was outside of the bathroom.

The property is in a good location, close to the highway. There was a Denny's about 50ft from the main entrance on one side and a diner on the other side. Breakfast wasn't included bit there was free coffee available at the front desk.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The room was hot and musky smelling upon entering the room. The bathroom was not properly cleaned. I had to wipe down the toilet seat as well as the bath tub. Do to unseasonably hot weather it took well over an hour for the room to cool down

The representative at the check in desk was polite.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

A room that was actually cleaned the first time and ready for use

Given room keys, went to room used bathroom went to wash hands no soap. Had to use soap I brought with med. Then no towels in room, followed by slept in bed with soiled sheets and clean pillow cases.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

I got falsely charged $32.00 for a movie on a day 8/2/17 and time when the system was down due to a thunder storm in the area. I was promised that the manager was going to call upon her return from running errands and to date have not received that call.

The bedding was horrible. The blankets were fill of cigarette burns. The comforter had stains and spots all over them. The carpet had stains

When problems were brought to the attention of the staff, they tried to solve them

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bathroom was very small. Only enough room for toilet and shower.

We stayed overnight, so the room was fine. it would have been small if we stayed for a week.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The air conditioner was working at first then it was so hot in their it felt like you were outside. Went there with my hubby for a one night getaway well I could of stay home and laid out in the sun if I would of know it was going to be muggy in there. Bathroom wasn't very clean.

Close to public transportation. Their was a restaurant in walking distance. Harris Casino is only five mins from hotel.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Smelled very bad, dirty, phone in our room was broken, light in bathroom didn't work, faucet handle on sink was loose had to hold it down to use it, and that pop and ice machine were broken then they offered you bottled water at $2 a bottle from a Walmart 36 pack of water that's around $5 to buy. Just seemed like a rip off to me.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Poor maintenance, though most was fixed when requested ex. Hair dryer blew apart when tried to use, tub would not drain, door lock malfunctioned, and had to ask for more towels and some soap. The elevator was dirty and smelled so bad we tried to hold our breath while in it. Had to use elevator because I cannot climb stairs and they had no rooms left on first floor.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The blankets could have been slightly bigger but I'm a big guy so I guess it'll be fine so short people

Bed was comfortable, bathrooms were clean , no insects or roach infestation and also the type of crowd was decent .. do you need more ?

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was not roomy and when I stay at a hotel or motel for 2 or more consecutive nights I expect a refrigerator to be in the room. In many places this is standard. I would rather have it more than a" safe". When you are traveling with a child or children you need to save money and being able to place some food stuffs in a refrige such as certain types of snacks or food to make a sandwich with, are important.

The facility was very clean! And the staff was very friendly. The view from the second floor was nice and the birds cherping in the trees that were all around the motel was a nice touch in the early morning.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

I reserved a room with 2 beds online,..we were given a room with 1 bed. Hotel didn't offer breakfast. The bathroom was tiny.

I liked that the hotel was pet friendly

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Bed could have been a little more comfortable. Entry to second floor could use a little update.

The room was very nice and roomy Restaurants on both sides and easy access to interstate.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The toilet in the room was very noisy ,, seemed like it was in need of fixing , other guests constantly walking around outside my door being loud, I didn't feel very safe .

Convenient, very curious staff

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

The bathroom is small

The rooms were very clean, wifi excellent, they have 2 ice machine locations,and laundry facilities just in case you need to do a load of laundry. It is completely smoke free and have designated smoking areas. The rooms smelled fresh and clean and the beds are comfortable🤗

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

. Even though one person came in around 2:00am and knocked over the divider strip. They where drank.

the lighting around the place was great. Do you people coming in and out there hotels. We notice security in unmarked cars. I am a officer myself. It is good when people feel safe. We will send others there as well. It is also good for handicap people. Like myself. Good job Red Roof

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The non-smoking room stank of cigarette smoke. The wifi worked, but was extremely slow so it was difficult to read a newspaper. There was a loud commotion outside my room from about 1:30-2:30AM. There was no channel guide for the television.

The room was clean. The bed was fine.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Room key didnt work, I got another room and it wan as nice as my first stay. toilet lid was a piece of plastic that didn't fit the top the door handle fell off.

price

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

There were burn marks on our blanket. The ceiling was cracking to where the paint was peeling and fell onto our bed. Also, we only had ONE wash cloth in our room which we picked a room for double occupancy.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The heaters in this room were on the ceiling and were some kind of radiant heater. They made a clicking sound continuously which was not noticeable when TV was on but was almost unbearable when trying to sleep. VERY irritating. Also the room said it was non-smoking, but I could sense the smell of old smoke. A strong disinfecting smell was present that tended to mask this background odor, and the disinfectant smell was very strong,....eventually I got used to it, but it did impair my impression of the room. Also noticed there were no pens or paper in the room which at one point I needed on a phone call which was actually very inconvenient.

The room was basic but very comfortable. Excellent value.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I think some deep cleaning of the carpets and floors and some better dusting would bring up the caliber and fit the decor. This was a short overnight stay. I wouldn't want to spend longer than that.

It looks like the hotel went through a renovation, which was definitely in their favor. I think the reno is what made the hotel acceptable. The staff were helpful and friendly. Overall, I think for the price and proximity to the airport it wasn't bad.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

I did not like the fact the room had bugs on the floor and in the bed. The sheets smelled and had hair in it. The area above the sink had a layer of dust and cobb webs.Also the rooms where smaller than portrayed.

The location was great and close to food. Also I appreciate the accommodation once I reported the state of the room.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Why the Redroof PLUS? It should be a RedRoof minus! A few lights in the room did not work. No airport shuttle. No in room coffee maker. Only nearby restaurant was Denny's and another diner that looked even worse. Philly is an expensive s city but this place seemed overpriced for what is was.

Staff was nice. We we called for the shuttle pick-up only to learn there was not an airport shuttle. The staff told us how to take the city bus. ( $5 RT and about 15 minutes.) She did not mention the bus was free to seniors, but we learned that it is! They discounted the room in the morning when we reported problems the night before

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

I has requested a ground floor. Was put on the second floor guessing the lower ones were full. Beyond that I would highly recommend!!

The woman at the front desk was super friendly. The room was very clean !

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

There was an issue with the plumbing in the bathroom, the shower water would not go down. The toilet kept making sounds all night. We were not happy with our stay at all.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The room was small enough that we spent the evening away from the hotel to avoid claustrophobia. The toilet was so low that it seemed set up for a child. The ceiling over the bed was peeling away. Otherwise, a clean, nice room, with a comfortable bed, pillows, and recent update. No airport shuttle.

There had clearly been a recent remodel. The bathroom was clean. The appliances and counter were updated. The carpet was plain, brown, and commercial. The room had nice amenities, including a room safe, iron, and flat screen TV.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

First day one roo was made the other was not its like they took turns in which room was cleaned and the bed was made, when checking in the staff had some one there in the locked room looking like he was high and tweaked out,

N/a

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Lobby very small & crowded. Took me 20 min to check in b/c a large group was there in front of me. Room was satisfactory but certainly not great.

Very close to PHL airport, which I needed.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bed was so uncomfortable I couldn't get good sleep. Plus it would have been nice if there were a microwave and a small refrigerator in the room.

The staff were extremely friendly, very accommodating and helpful.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

This was a fantastic last-minute stay. I live in Upstate New York and needed to get my fiancée on an emergency flight, the cheapest flight being out of Philadelphia. It was easiest with our busy schedules to get a hotel and have her fly out very early. Hence my stay at the Red Roof Inn. The staff is so friendly and made everything so easy for us. It's very rare that you find a staff that not only is friendly all around, but especially friendly when booking at such short notice. I know they do it all the time, but I am especially grateful. The room was clean just as I would expect my own room to be. Very comfortable and welcoming room. 10/10 stay.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Cigarette burns in the bedding and lots of stains on it too. We wanted to leave the hotel but were told we couldn't speak to a manager to override the payment untill the morning. The manager gave us 50% off and was understanding. Not had a good experience with red roof yet. Wouldn't stay again.

Bed was comfortable but throws were dirty.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

no mini fridge to preserve food.

the customer service was excellent.i was online and saw that the rates had dropped and they did not hassle me about giving me the lower rate. it was much appreciated!

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Our comforters were not clean on Saturday night. Not certain as to what detergent was used but my skin was irritated.

The staff were very pleasant and friendly.