Reviews of Red Roof Inn PLUS+ San Francisco Airport 3 stars

777 Airport Boulevard, Burlingame, CA 94010, USA

#11 of 11 hotels in Burlingame

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room was not swept. Socks turned black from walking around on floor. Bed very soft. Hair in shower, floor and sink.

The parking lot was completely full, as was the hotel. You have to pay to park. Very worn but ok hotel. Airport shuttle was excellent.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The ad with Booking.com includes a set price of $7.00 for breakfast at Leannes. False ad! Red Roof front desk knew nothing about this. Leannes itself serves good food! We have stayed here many times before but this time our room was not ready. We had no towels, no little amenities (shampoo, etc), the remote control for the TV didn't work, and the room wasn't very clean (like its been vacant for awhile so even the air conditioner smelled old).

Location and price. Stayed at red roof before but this time it wasn't satisfactory. amenities weren't ready.

• Deluxe King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access Non-Smoking

Everything was there but could have used better bath towels. Bathroom was almost the same size as the bed room.

Excellent location near airport. Parking is a problem. Room is basic.

• Deluxe King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access Non-Smoking

Loud. Walls thin and could clearly hear group next door laughing and carrying on into night Wi-Fi was very slow this time.

Close to airport and good price. Diner on premise gives food options.

• Deluxe King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access Non-Smoking

The rooms on the first floor rooms are dark, the window curtains doesn’t allow any sun light. The internet pictures somewhat exaggerate the look of the single double bed rooms. Also, if you put a privacy please tag, the care takers often remove and enter your room and leave it in the room and return again. Stay clothed to avoid surprises. I booked more than a month in advance but still got a ground floor dark room.

Checking in is speedy and generally the staff is friendly. Cable TV, fridge and microwave provided. Pool, laundry, vendor machine and restaurant available.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The parking was full and I have to park in the no parking space because there was no choice. But I got no ticket the morning after.

The food in the restaurant was good, fresh and the coffee was brewed to my expectations. I enjoyed the view of the landing aircrafts from my table in the restaurant. The bed was very comfortable.

• Deluxe King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access Non-Smoking

The room wasn't ready on time. This wasn't a huge problem, the shower was also dirty and that was kind of gross. The toilet handle also got stuck, and I needed to open the tank to stop it from leaking. :(

The staff were super friendly. My room was both late and the shower was dirty. The staff gave me a discount in response, which was nice of them. Overall, for a motel, it was perfectly serviceable, especially for an airport overnight, and about what I expected. There is a 24-hour diner attached, which was pretty convenient, as there isn't much in the area.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

change room tiwice, because first the room was not dry. then the 2nd room the door lock was not working. 3rd room door lock not working. tech came and fix it. but later key would not work again just 1 key work. it said that meals could be added to room rate for 7 dollars. front desk did not anything about it.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

We had a room with 2 double beds. I feel like knowing there were 4 guests that we should have been left with 4 towels. We had to ask for 2 towels every day.

They put our room facing the pool so that we could watch the kids from there. It was perfect.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast not included. Based on the research on Booking.com i understood breakfast was included. Same thing about parking. Cleanning needs lots of improvement. Most importantly, I made the reservation using booking.com and, when I checked in, there was no registers of my reservation. tumbs down for booking.com on that... pictures make it look much nicer than it actually is.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room smelled, linnen were yellow, two beds crammed in a small room: I was happy to be alone

Location close to airport; walking at Bay Shore; walking distance to other restaurants

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

TV remote didn't work properly, the ice machine didn't work.

Location is great , the attached restaurant is terrific, the staff is friendly and helpful, the bed was a little lumpy, but I slept fine in it. Not a fancy leave to stay. But it suited my needs.

• Deluxe King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access Non-Smoking

I got stuck in San Fran after missing a connecting flight and needed to book a hotel at 11pm. The staff were not that friendly when checking in (but were busy so I overlooked it) but also not friendly in the morning when checking out. The room smelt of cigarettes despite being '100% smokefree' and there was a cigarette burn on the bedspread.

The room was big, well equipped and clean and it was close to the airport. The diner attached had affordable good food and the staff were really friendly and attentive. The free shuttle to the airport the next day was great. The wifi connection was good which was helpful when I was trying to rearrange onward travel.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The food situation is pathetic. There are no options for eating except the diner on site. The food was terrible and even though we were unable to eat the meal (cooked wrong) they charged full price which was ridiculous for what we got! For this reason we would probably not return to this facility.

The room was great. The wifi worked perfectly. The staff was responsive to a missing hair dryer.

• Deluxe King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access Non-Smoking

I was VERY unhappy to find a note on my car telling me that I had to pay a $10.00 parking fee or my car might be towed. WHAT kind of crap was that? My husband went and talked to the front desk and they explained that all guests must pay a parking fee. This was neither in my reservation or explained to me on checking in the day before. I don't appreciate finding this out at 9 pm the second night of our stay. I have never paid parking fees and I would have appreciated that it would have been included in my hotel fees. If people don't arrive with a vehicle then give them a discount if you feel that they deserve one . I travel a bit and have never been asked to pay to park my car in the hotel parking. I didn't pay at any of the hotels on this trip and will make sure that I stay at a hotel that does not charge one.

friendly staff on arriving , basic clean room, nothing fancy

• Deluxe King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Hammering loudly at 8:15am in the room above - when I rang the front desk they said they had to fix a door above my room..... with no apology. I’d just done 14hrs of travel and no I didn’t want to be up at 8. Mentioned it again later at the desk did get an apology this time but you paying to sleep not to be woken up with hammers!! No compensation offered pretty poor, I understand Maintance has to be done but surly not at that hour!

Clean comfortable

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Guy at desk was rude and was extremely unprofessional . I did end up calling Wyndham resorts and complains. The room was horribly . Broken heater , broken tv .

Vending machine didn’t work

The cleanness and the staff. Or actually just one staff person. She was new. But went out of her way to bring pillows to our room and helped out with getting us settled in

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

I have stayed in the past and had a bad experience with a female check in person ! Tried phoning management to explain especially since on the way to airport another guest said she too was harassed and was complaining about her as well!

There wasn't any eggs

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

For the price the hotel was great, clean, friendly staff and the restaurant attached to the hotel was great to have for breakfast or ordering to go in your room.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

I found the hotel a little noisy. Also, I asked to change to a quieter room, so if you are sensitive it might be a good idea to ask for a quieter room upfront.

I chose this hotel because it was close to a conference venue. The room is ok and there is a small 24 hour restaurant in sight, which helps since there are not as many restaurants in the area. It is close to a nice beach walk.

• Deluxe King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access Non-Smoking

It was good experience to stay. It was really close to the airport. Everything was clean and nice but it would be better if there were more shuttle buses frequently.

• Deluxe King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Well I stayed out late & I asked if I could stay a little longer than my check out time & they only gave me 1/2 hr,the maids came three times to ask if I was checking out, I felt rushed

The location, the guy when I checked in was nice

• King Room with City View - Non-Smoking

The lighting in the room didn't suit me, not very relaxing because everything was a bit to bright and I could really relax.

The on site cafe was a big bonus for us, we didn't have to go very far for a midnite snack.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The alienation the staff displays when customers walk in to the front. They revert to speaking in Spanish when someone walks in they don't like.

The staffing has improved in their customer service over the last year.

• Deluxe King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access Non-Smoking

There was a lot of noise, as expected, not by planes but from highway nearby - earplugs necessary. The staff was not friendly. Wifi did not work all the time.

A good place to stay after arriving late to the airport, because taxi ride was short. Surroundings okay for a walk, good connections to nearby small town, airport and downtown. Big and comfortable bed.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Filthy, floors unswept, food and coffee or other beverage spots on the floor, comforters were disgusting with stains and bodily fluid spots I threw them on the floor and had complained and caught the cleaning girl picking them up off the floor and making the bed with them she had not changed the sheets or cleaned the sink or toilet and ran the vacuum over the linoleum floor but did not mop instead used the wet towel I showered with placed on the floor and used her feet underneath her shoes to motion back and forth very quickly. This made us check out. It was disgusting. Ice machine too far away and the one on my floor, ground floor was out of order the entire 2 1/2 weeks I was there and the vending machines took $7 and did not ever work. Heavy Police presence, prostitutes and drug addicts were walking around smoking and making noise all night with their pitbull dogs Noise from domestic arguments to loud music and I mean loud, the guy 2 doors down had 2 pitbull dogs that ran into my room when I opened the door and tried to eat food I had on the desk, he had a lawn chair outside his room with the room door open, he was smoking pot and drinking whiskey and beer and had his music full blast from midnight until 5am. 2 doors in the opposite direction was a couple that had a pitbull and they were up all night slept all day and fought everyday, cursing and slamming doors, throwing things out of the room until one day the police came and arrested the man. A guest parked by me had her car broken into.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

I can not think of anything I don't like about this convenient property.

Excellent service by all staff, which includes room cleaners. Leanne restaurant is right at hotel with very friendly servers and very good food. Open all night. Wonderful Airport Shuttle service.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

No vacant parking places although they charge for it! Failed to park twice during day (and night). Terrible sounds through the night and day. No sleep possible at least on our 3rd floor.

Cheapest available for my dates in the area.

• King Room with City View - Non-Smoking

What I didn't like is the fact that every time I put my key in the door system was not working properly latch on the door which is the bolt lock was not wanting to cooperate but nice for safety purposes however the elevator lights didn't work that's no problem but the elevator was pretty slow at the your response time

The room itself was nice and clean and the beds were as well regarding the properties location not the best but only about a $10 Uber ride to San Bruno shopping centers but from where the hotel is located to Santa Clara or San Jose is about a $32 Uber ride and for going to San Francisco. Also the diner that's located with the hotel is amazing perfect perfect perfect

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The bath towels are very small, the in-room refrigerator makes noise all the time and the bathroom fan sounds like a chainsaw.

The location was perfect, close to SFO and the Peninsula where I had family business to attend.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Hot coffee vs. lukewarm coffee in the lobby; a room that could have had better ventilation; improved toiletries, especially enough shampoo for 2 people; more clarity in the room that there were 2 bath towels plus a coffee maker. There were stray hairs (not ours) on the floor of the bathroom and in the bathtub/shower area. Ick.

Not much, but the room was quiet.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The checkout lady was kind of rude.

Close to airport, very far from San Francisco city. The check-in guy was very helpful. I would use it again to stay close to airport...

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

- Overall cleanliness - Damp (mould) in the rooms. - Notice in the property by State of California that it has observed chemicals in the property that can cause birth defects and other reproductive harms. See picture. - Swimming pool water was not clean at all. - Toilets were not in good condition. - Bedsheets were not clean and looks like not good care.

Nothing. This was worst experience in terms of a property.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room was not very clean - visible areas were reasonably clean, but I made the mistake of pulling the curtain back from the wall - it was scary.......

Perfect location for San Fran airport - 24 hour food on site.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

They knew there was four of us in the room but kept only giving us towels for two.

Good location from the airport and not a big journey into San Francisco. It was an ideal position for us to travel around the area.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Expensive - This was our first stay at a Red Roof - only stayed here because it was on a bus tour pick up location list and close to airport Outside of Red Roof Motel was dirty and run down, Self Serve Vending Machines on ALL levels were inoperative - laundry floor was not tiled, wet & dirty - there is a government warning on wall about toxic substances on site - very disappointing - had booked a second night which we later cancelled in preference for a different motel elsewhere

Rooms were clean & comfortable on inside - airport shuttle services are great

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bad service. Problems with the entrance to our room, weren't solved immediately. Wifi didn't work. Once we got dirty towels. Personnel was not friendly. There was hardly any reaction to a theft out of a car parked next to our car on the parking of the hotel. It caused an unsafe feeling.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Although there is free WiFi, but cannot connect from room. Have to stand outside reception desk in order to access. And it's not always able to connect

Nothing really

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

No breakfast included even though 24 hour restaurant right there. Additional $7 charge could be included for the nightly price. Not like there's much other choice.

Free wifi

• Deluxe King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Too expensive. Really too expensive for such a simple hotel in middle of nowhere without even a frigo bar service.

Great position for Airport, but area really without anything to do and anywhere to go. Too expensive as it's very basical hotel, though it's clean and beds are ok. Great having free bus to Airport.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Once I step into the room, it has a musky and chemical treated smell. I took a look at my bed and saw a torn blanket. I drop my ear ring below the basin and saw a thick layer of dust and dirt. It's really uncomfortable and I did not sleep well.

Complimentary hot drink (coffe/tea) at the front desk. Available lugguage trolley cart.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

I didnt like me that parking was not included in purchasing of the room very big down fall for me!

I like the cleanliness of the rooms & having a diner near by for food was great!

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

They charge 10 extra dollars to park a vehicle on the hotel property… When I received my bill at check out they had charged me twice for vehicle parking…

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Items left behind by prior guests in drawers Dirty towel left in bathroom Room is not uber-clean Room is very cramped - little room for luggage Booked for 4 adults- Got 2 towels. They said we needed to tell them ahead of time. We got in a midnight!

Staff was great. Beds were small (for 2) but comfortable. Location near airport was great- shuttle was on-time and very convenient.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

I believe his name is Shane. Spoke to him early in day confirming wheelchair availability. Assured no problem. No chair upon arrival nor would be. Joshua & night mgr spoke to Shane & he didn't recall conversation. Spoke to manger, Chris, next a.m. Will address issue with Shane. Compensated us for our inconvenience.

Joshua was excellent at solving major problem

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Temperature in shower fluctuated incomfortably; no soap in room – had to collect from front desk; only two bath towels provided for reservation for three occupants – had to collect third towel from front desk. Place seemed to lack highly competent overall management.

Allowed us to park in loteven after checking out

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Not a huge fan of the restaurant attached to the property. Food is kinda "meh" and not many options for vegetarians. Free breakfast would be nice, but for the price of the room, I am happy to drive down a few miles and eat at Hobee's instead!

This property offers great bang for your buck in the SF Airport area. Much, much less expensive than most of the competing properties in the area. Property is clean and well-kept, staff friendly and efficient. Always appreciate having a fridge and micro. Good water pressure in the shower. Really like that the floors in the rooms are some kind of laminate wood rather than carpet!

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

No body did the morning call and we missed our flight from sto To CANADA in the morning. Staff is not responsible and not helpful at all. Very bad experience.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Check-in took a while. Waited 45 minutes for the shuttle, but it was free. Not a lot to do at the hotel, only worth one night before traveling.

Clean and nice rooms, close to the bay and safe to walk around in the area. 24 hours open diner with plenty of choices, and good food. Free airport shuttle.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Smelled like mildew. Smoke alarm absent. No crib for my 9 month old. Front desk said no crib because maintenance room was locked. Are you serious?

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

It felt slightly unsafe since the lift is far from the front desk. It can be quiet if you go up to your room alone at night. There are graffiti in the lift which doesn't feel too pleasant. The overall hotel feels more like an upgraded motel for one night travelers. And yes the room smells of bleach.

It was near the airport with a free shuttle service. The rooms are clean and pleasant and Leanne's Diner next door has great food. I could see a lot of flight crew and pilots staying in this hotel. Has a nice view.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Can't think of anything..

We really liked this hotel . The location was great and they did not charge for parking after all which is always a rip off I think. The rooms were very well thought out when this hotel was built or maybe done over, not sure how old it is. The furniture and tv fridge and microwave etc were in the right spot and set up well and good quality and there were lots of plug receptacles and easy to find which is rare. Your website if I remember correctly says a restaurant is one mile away yet there is one right in the hotel so that needs to be corrected . If all red roofs are like this one it's our new hotel of choice.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

We had to change rooms 4 times; the airconditioning did not work; room had smells of disinfectant and smoke; television did not work. 4th times a charm.

The staff was most helpful

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Too expensive for a motel like property. There were still stains in the bathroom and trash found at the entrance. The room smells of clorox

Beds were comfy for a one night stay. Convenient restaurant next door

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

There were holes in walls because a picture frame was missing. The bath tub had rust mark. I guess you get what you pay for. Kinda disappointed. I let the front desk know and he wasn't pleasant that I told him,I took pictures to show hand to let them know, but he gave me grief about taking the pics. So disappointed.

Lots of parking and accessible to the freeway easily.

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel shuttle is a joke. Supposed to run every 30 minutes but I once waited 55 mins at SFO International. I tried to use the shuttle a lot to come & go form SFO. On one occasion the driver drove away from the hotel without checking for passengers in the lobby. Another time, I waited outside and the driver drove past the lobby without stopping - I had to flag him down. The wi-fi is very dodgy. Easily overwhelmed by large numbers of guests. No meeting rooms of any sort.

Friendly helpful staff. They were happy solve problems. Restaurant is super friendly and has interesting Asian options.

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

• Deluxe King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Room could do with some general maintenance everywhere. Internal walls are paper thin. Next door neighbor had the TV on til 3am and was also being ill. Could hear it as if he were in my room. Mattress needs to be changed. One side is very sloped from over use. Loud people in the car park late at night.

Clean pillows, sheets and towels. Good 24hr diner with cheap beer and pretty decent food. Good air-conditioning, free shuttle bus and close to SFO

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The wi-fi wasn't very good and it's kind of difficult to get to this location due to the construction in the area (not the hotel's fault).

The front desk staff were very nice and accommodating.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

I wish my king was here I miss him like crazy and can't think of anything else but the day I get to see him a gain my king is my everything I love him with all my heart he is my world I'm his baby

It is a real home and confronting the world of the people that I am around my Kim and. My Lilttle sister I get to know my family and work on myself a lot more I'm very happy

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

No Wi-Fi signal in my room

Observed Ignacio, a restaurant busboy to find an expensive item a guest left behind. He didn't know I was watching him. While he could have put it in his pocket and pretend he has never found anything - instead, he ran out, located leaving guest in hotel's parking lot, and returned the lost item to him. His honesty will be the major reason why I'll return to Red Roof again

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Very noisy and rattling air conditioner. Thin walls that you can hear everything going on next door and outside.

One of the less expensive hotels near SFO.

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

• King Room with City View - Non-Smoking

Website is a little misleading as this is a much older building than I had anticipated. That said, the room was clean and the price wasn't too bad considering the location.

Great staff, convenient location near the airport.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was a big difference between the person who checked me in to the rest of front office staff that I met during my stay were just meh, ok.

The place was clean, some of the property looks tired but anything they could improve on they did. The furniture was good and the room/bathroom was clean.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Late arrivals people talking loud and walking around the balcony visiting each others rooms between 2 and 3am. Hard to get back to sleep. Staff should have a sign asking late arrivals to respect other guests sleeping.The AC fan wiuldnt turn off even when "off".

Having s fridge microwave also proximity to the airport. Shuttle very important.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

• Deluxe King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The price of the room on booking app shows 85$ + taxes and at the time that we arrive to the hotel de total price was 95$ plus taxes and it complicates a little bit your budget when you already have an idea of how much you will pay for the hotel

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Horrible smell in the room, it was the intense overpowering smell of a bleach cleaner that made all of us sick. After two days of not letting them clean a very pungent mold smell surfaced. Gross either way. Had to get the key's reset each time we left the room, that was annoying.

Comfy beds and hot showers. Great 24 hour diner attached with fair prices and yummy food. Nice enough staff members.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

• Deluxe King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access Non-Smoking

The view wasn't the best and the location is good if you are coming up 101 north or going 101 north

There's elevators and the rooms are really nice and clean

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

fine for a brief stay for airport access, but otherwise not really well located for a vacation stay, also a bit shabby. Noisy depending on which runways are in use.

good airport shuttle service. attached diner was okay for a low effort meal.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

• Deluxe King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The room had a strong smell of chemicals coming from the bathroom. Reported to the front desk and PROMPTLY accommodated, just inconvenient for a short sleep period.

quiet location close to airport

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The off button on the room's air conditioner/heater wasn't working properly-- so it was constantly on thru-out the nite. No shops close by, ie. a "7-11" store.

The free airport shuttle.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel rooms are not clean and maintained very well. We had our room cleaned and when she was finished the bathroom of all places hadn't been touched.

The location is great with a nice view of the wetlands!!!

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Access to the airport w shuttle was SUPER easy and the staff were very accomodating when we asked to leave our baggage there for the night. Was so convenient having the diner there! After 2 months of backpacking in poor conditions can you imagine how ecstatic I was to see a bathtub!?!

• Reviewed: 23 December 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Cigarette smoke! People smoking outside bedroom went immediately into my room; doors poorly gapped. Smells of harsh cleaning products in room; difficult to air out. Door look card not working 3x in 3 days. Also difficult to access b/c construction on overpass.

Comfortable bed, great to have an iron, fridge, microwave & hair dryer in the room!

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

THERE WAS MOLD IN THE BATHROOM AND THE LIGHT OVER THE ONE BED DIDNT WORK WONT LEAVE THE HOUSE KEEPERS A TRIP UNTIL I GET A PERFECT ROOM

THE QUEITNESS OF THE ROOM