Reviews of Red Roof Inn Seattle Airport - Sea-Tac 2 stars

16838 International Boulevard, SeaTac, WA 98188, USA

#18 of 36 hotels in SeaTac

Okay for one-night stay just to be close to the airport, otherwise I'd never stay there.
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The alarm clock had the wrong time and date and was busted so it couldn't be set correctly. Place also smelled "funny".

Parking was no problem and check-in was quick.

did not sleep well in seattle

Sound isolation - the sound from above the ceiling when the occupants from 3rd floor walking in the night was so loud they kept us awake. Not what I expected when I had to pay $150 per night.

Location - close to airport. Clean room.

This hotel served its purpose precisely.
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

This hotel served its purpose precisely. I needed to be close to the hotel for an early morning departure. The check in was efficient, the room perfectly good, in fact bigger than I expected, it was quiet and clean, and the shuttle back to the airport was efficient. Only problem I had was trying to get the shuttle from the airport when I arrived, but I guess I was standing in the wrong place!

Short overnight waiting for international flights.

No complaints.

No breakfast Denny's nearby. Coffee always available. Staff very helpful. Maybe a bit overpriced but it seems prices are higher this time of year everywhere.

convenient location
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The bath tub had black spots that appear to be the enamel being worn off. We had to get help from the front desk to turn the shower on because the knob was broken. There were children on the floor about us jumping on the bed until midnight. We had an early morning flight so that was annoying. There is a mildew/musty smell.

The location was perfect. We could walk to the Sea Tac car rental and the light rail. The shuttle to and from the airport was good. Denny's was close by for breakfast. There was a mini refrigerator in the room.

Comfortable and convenient.

The staff was very helpful. The room was nice. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was roomy and I liked the separate sink outside the bathroom. My wife can do her makeup etc while I shower.

Good for short overnight stay

The shuttle took long to arrive and was very cramped. Had difficulty getting in and out from the past row.

Hotel location close to hotel. A 24 hour Dennys within walking distance and a food mart at petrol station next door

Economical and Comfortable choice!

The front staff when we arrived was very friendly and accommodating. She helped us plan a day in the city when we had very limited time. The facility was clean and comfortable. We had a good night's sleep before catching the 4 am courtesy van in the morning for our flight. Would recommend this economical stay to our Seattle friends catching an early flight from SEATAC or coming in late. With the light rail so close, it would be a great pick for a Seattle visit without the high in-town hotel rates. The lt-rail takes you to downtown and even close to catching the ferries and lower cost, off airport car rental.

Fine for a quick stay between airport flights

our room backed up to a sketchy neighborhood and there was a guy weedwacking an empty lot under our window until after 9 pm. No breakfast offered

location close to the airport and nice and timely shuttle drivers.

Absolutely no noise from outside even though the motel is...

No internal noise isolation. The guy in the room above me kept me up all night walking the floor and using the toilet. Sounded like a haunted house for Halloween. And I know it was a guy because I could clearly hear him talking!

Absolutely no noise from outside even though the motel is right at the airport. Room very clean and minimalist. The bed was comfy.

Not recommended
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Staff seemed frustrated, short fused and over all unfriendly. Keycards didn't work, possibly lost the charge, we were told. When we tried to order room service at 930pm, we were kept on hold for 15 minutes and then told it was too late, even though room service is available until 10pm. Only about 15 randomly weird channels available. The fitness center consists of an elliptical and a treadmill, both look outdated and unsafe. Maybe move the extra $10 charge for parking out of the fine print, not to mention the $50 deposit for incidentals. We have stayed at better places with more ammenities for a more affordable price.

The room was clean and we were able to be close to the elevator

good for short stay before flight
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

old building. there was a bad smell in the corridor . had a view of the car wash in the gas station from the rooms porch. lady at the reception didn't know how to issue a receipt at check out

good location within walking distance from airport train station.

The location, price and staff were great.
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

This hotel is old and run down. It needs a major reno to be "nice" but it is what it is, a typical cheap airport hotel.

The location, price and staff were great. Clean rooms and beds.

I recieved what I paid for.
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The choice for food near by is a Denny's, one of several convenience stores (sandwiches, snacks and some hot food) or delivery fast food which can have a large delivery fee. Walls are a bit thin and you may be bothered by noise in the neighboring rooms.

The room was large with a desk and a big and comfortable bed. The room had a microwave, fridge and a coffee maker. While there was some noise from other rooms I did not notice much noise from the airport. The staff were very helpful and friendly.

Perfect for what I needed
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Hallways smell like an old hotel. Room didn't smell.

Bed was comfy. Large room. Close to airport. Refrigerator in room. Coffee was actually pretty decent.

I felt it was overpriced for the quality (condition) of the motal.

The area was dirty, the room not worth the money, I requested a room with a refrigerator and a microwave weeks before my stay and they never emailed me back as to if I wanted a different room where I could get a refrigerator and microwave. I have gotten better quality rooms that include refrigerator and microwave at other hotels that weren't as old for the same price. The halls smell.

I liked that it was close to the airport.

Good!

You can hear people from the hall sometimes. The door seems thin. The wifi is free but quite slow. I gave up using it and used my cellular data instead.

The room was spacious and close to the airport. Free parking is included; so if you travel with a car, you'll find it convenient. The front desk lady is helpful. The room is great for a stop-for-a-night when you are traveling.

would not ever book again and would not recommend to anyone.

this is a very low class property and it does not help when your confirmed reservation cannot be found in spite of written confirmations. hotel staff blamed booking.com whom they claimed got my first and last name reversed hence, the trouble finding the reservation.

did not like anything. hotel's only redeeming feature is it's very convenient location to the airport. amenities are poor, everything,including the shuttle are very dated and in need of upgrading

Good except for above.
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Person in room above started pacing and banging something starting around 2am. I could hear every sound...creaking floor didn't help. Called desk...helped a little.

Room was updated, clean and comfortable.

Good basic hotel for a quick stay close to airport.

The hotel is very basic and this show's in the decor, some of which is old and worn.

A very basic hotel but given the price for the area, it was perfect for a one night layover between flights. Airport shuttle was great and bed was comfortable.

Very unsatified!!!

I reserved the room with a park and fly in February. When I showed up in May they said they don’t do the park and fly during the summer. Then the guy behind the counter charged me $10.00 to park in their lot. I said to him that first you are screwing me over on the park and fly and now you are charging me to park in the lot and he was very rude and said “you will end up paying for parking anyways.”. I would never suggest this hotel to anyone!!!

Very accommodating and friendly staff!

We are used to standard rooms having a mini refrigerator and microwave and plan accordingly. Missed having these amenities, but not a deal breaker.

Very accommodating and friendly staff! Clean too.

Was good for the one night stay and handy for a quick shuttle ride to the airport next day.

The fact there is no breakfast, ridiculous for a hotel chain like this.

Room was comfortable and slept well. Okay for one night but wouldn't like to have to search around for breakfast if staying any longer. Not doing a basic breakfast is just laziness. Staff okay and check in went smoothly. Shuttle van drivers very accommodating and friendly.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Staff at front desk was not very friendly at check in. Room was not clean-tub had stains they covered with floor mat. You have to pay for parking.

Basic.but the staff made it enjoyable.

Its close enough to walk to seatac but there is no way for a pedistrian to walk..no sidewalks. This is not a hotel problem but an infrastructure poor design.

No breakfast avail, We just stayed between flights. Dennys nearby. Basic functions.met our needs. Appreciated the helpful staff.

Great place to stay during waiting for next flight.

The airport shuttle service operate only from 4 am to 12 pm. It would be great if the hotel provide 24 hrs pick-up and drop-off airport service.

I like the location just 5 minutes walk from Seattle Airport.

Worth to stay here.
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

I like service mind of staffs. They help me to explain how to open shower system. Firstly, I think it was broken. The staffs came to help and explain me quickly after I informed my problem.

Not the best experience when your room key opens a room that...
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Not the best experience when your room key opens a room that is already occupied. They fixed it fast, however embarrassing for us and the couple in the room.

Comfortable room and professional service!
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Check and check out were easy and quick. Also, flying into Seattle late at night for my first time I was confused about how to get around and the staff called me a shuttle and gave me some tips about how to get from place to place so I felt safe. Great service, will definitely rebook this hotel on our next trip!

Good value. Nice mid-range hotel.

No breakfast fruit or muffins or snacks.

Quiet. Good water pressure. Shuttle service was quick. Short walk to dining and light rail lines. Coffee service in room.

Convenience to airport with quick shuttle.

Does not provide breakfast but a restaurant is nearby.

Convenience to airport with quick shuttle. Nice staff. Older hotel but very clean. Surprisingly quiet considering it is so close to SeaTac.

Very good for my brief layover..
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Housekeeper left dirty sheets under bed.. but Room was clean

Customer servicewas best.. and driver, I left my identification ands credit cards and they brought them to airport for me.. front desks girls are awesome .

The hotel is close to the airport, has free shuttle, rooms...

The hotel is close to the airport, has free shuttle, rooms are good, and it´s quiet. Just walking outside you can get some additional items you might need.

The front desk staff was friendly and helpful when asked for directions or potential services.

The close proximity to the rental car station was great. The motel experience was good. I was looking for a clean, pleasant, convenient experience with access to a few reasonable services for meals and/or snacks, gas, airport shuttle. That's what I got. I'm happy with that.

This hotel is a very affordable option for staying 1 night...

This hotel is a very affordable option for staying 1 night at the SeaTac Airport. You get picked up/ dropped off via their own free airport shuttle. Rooms are big with all necessary interior, nothing fancy but clean =). Would definitely stay here again.

When we needed to add an additional night, the front desk...
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

We booked for 3 nights, checked in and went to our room. The next morning when we returned from a doctors appointment, our keys won't work. The front desk staff said the key had expired and made another key for us. I asked why would it expire since we had booked 3 nights. She apologized and gave us yet another key that would work for the full stay.

When we needed to add an additional night, the front desk staff was very helpful and gave us a better rate. Since this trip was for a medical procedure, we really appreciated that.

Good value for overnight; great location so close to light rail

Decaf tea option would be nice

Pet friendly; front desk staff very helpful; location good (just a few blocks from the light rail station at Seatac Airport so easy to walk to); morning shuttle prompt and easy to catch. Overall very good value

Two restaurants within easy walking distances.

Two restaurants within easy walking distances. The location is handy to the airport, Red Roof Inn has become the hotel we always use when we must overnight in Seattle between flights.

The room was really nice and comfortable, and the hotel was...
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

They hid in the fine print that you had to pay daily for parking. Also didn't like the the room keeping let them self in when I had the do not disturb sign in my door.

The room was really nice and comfortable, and the hotel was conveniently close to the freeway which made it nice for getting to work.

The hotel was very convenient to the airport.

The "fitness center" consisted of a treadmill and an exercise bike in a tiny room. The elevator and air conditioning in the room smelled of marijuana.

The hotel was very convenient to the airport.

Fine.

I wanted to pay in cash. Was told that they would take my card info as a precaution but that it was possible to pay in cash. Upon check out I was told that my card had already been charged and that it was impossible to pay in cash. Staff were slightly rude about the printing and did nothing to apologise for the payment mistake.

Big room. Big beds. Staff allowed us to print some pages for free. Friendly staff upon check in.

Basic
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access with Roll In Shower

Could have used something to eat and real decaf coffee. Instant doesn't cut it and they had room. Most places offer some breakfast foods for the same price. Nothing here.

Bed was ok. Older hotel, really only stayed there as our transportation home stopped there.

I liked the price, the shuttle service, the staff was great!
    • Superior King Room - Disability Access

The bathroom could have used a real vanity for counter space, the bedding could have been a tad more ‘fluffy’.

I liked the price, the shuttle service, the staff was great! The room was basic but clean and comfortable. The building itself was clean and welcoming. I would use them again.

Very nice!

Coffee pot too small. Saw later that free coffee was available in lobby 24 hrs. Now that was nice!

Check out was 11 but I was allowed to check out at noon with no additional charge! Saved me from sitting an hour early at airport.

Stayed 2 different times but won't stay again

No frig or microwave in unit, place smells like stale old paint, elevator is old and bumps all over. $10 to park in a lot that should be free.

Not much

Location was easy walking distance to the Hilton where I was...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Location was easy walking distance to the Hilton where I was attending a conference. Rooms asst the Hilton were twice as much, even for their discounted conference rate. The Red Roof was adequate and much more economically priced.

My stay was pleasant with friendly staff and a clean room.

The vanilla air things in the hallway are noxious and overwhelming.

I liked the microwave and the quite of the room especially. The very polite and helpful staff made my stay with 2 kids so much more tolerable considering we were sick and staying there due to a plumbing emergency at home. I also loved that the company encourages tipping housekeeping.

short but worth it

Wi-Fi a bit slow but free and did work. Rooms okay and fit the price.

Room clean and convenient to Sea-Tac airport. Staff very helpful both for check-in/check-out and for getting the free shuttle to the airport terminals.

Thanks for the efficient and timely shuttle service.

We intended to arrive late, sleep four hours and then catch the shuttle to airport. A teenage party next door became unbearable. It took two calls to the front desk to solve the problem. Our sleep time was minimal if any. We hope these parties are not the norm.

The location, price and shuttle service.

Close to airport.

11 am checkout? Seriously? $10 per night parking? Seriously? Elevator is really really old. Rear entrance doesn’t work. Thin wall.

Close to airport. Close to Southcenter. Affordable. Large room. For a hotel next to the airport, very very quiet.

Everything met my expectations.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I don't know what time your breakfast goodies are put out each morning, but there was nothing available the morning I departed the hotel. This wasn't super early. I think we took the 7:00 shuttle to the airport. There "was" coffee.

I've stayed at Red Roof many times in the past. I believe I stopped staying with you, several years ago, because of a significant increase in your rates. I decided to check again, for this trip, and was pleased that your room rate had actually gone down, from the last time I checked.

I did not like anything about this hotel

It smells like dogin the room. There were prostitution that was going on and there was domestic violence a lady was screaming up and down the hallway she was bleeding and the police were not called. Blood was still in the hallway in the morning.

I did not like anything about this hotel

Never staying here again!
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Staff is super rude I asked for later checkout which they said was 12. At12:07 someone was knocking on our door which I let them know we were about to leave just gathering our stuff. Not even 3 min later the front desk was calling again stating that check out was11. Which again we requested noon check out. As we walk out the room there is a staff member waiting right outside our door, waiting for us to leave. Talk about rude and disrespectful.

It was okay for a night. But, after the added cost to park, I'd book elsewhere next time.
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

We were charged $10 (plus tax) extra to park our car at the hotel while we stayed there. Our view was of a car wash below.

Convenient and close to the airport.

Great Location for SeaTac International Airport.

Excellent location for early flight from SeaTac. Only minutes from airport and Rental Car Return (there also is a shuttle that runs from hotel to SeaTac)

decent but can stay up the street and get more for your $$$!
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Was not made aware of the hidden charges that they don't state until you check in. $10 to park in their lot is not much but I could have paid for a nicer place with a pool for that charge at a place a block up that does not charge for parking since they are already getting my money for staying at their hotel. $50 deposit which I guess is pretty standard but still was not upfront about. The amount of towels they leave for you is a joke. On check in the staff was not rude, but just very unpersonable and straight to the point which is better than being rude but doesn't take much to put on a smile.

bed and pillows were comfy

Excellent value for people commuting to/from the airport with friendly staff.

The staff was excellent. Very professional and friendly. I arrived in Seattle at 1am and they sent the airport shuttle over promptly. If I'm flying through Seattle again, I'll definitely use Red Roof!

Well Located and Good Value

You have to be aware that there is a lot of movement at all hours at a hotel airport. Unfortunately having been awoken by a wake up call at 4am that I had not requested, I became acutely aware of movement upstairs and down the hall.

The convenience and proximity to the light railway and Denny's is great.

Good stay probably would stay again.

The hotel was off a very busy main street. Hotel was next to a car wash but you really could not hear the noise.

The proximity to the airport was great. Awesome shuttle and driver and wait time was short. Price was reasonable. Desk staff very friendly and efficient. Continental breakfast was good. The beds were comfortable and well addressed. Room we had was big and moving around was easy.

The location was very convenient.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I didn't know there was a charge for parking. Breakfast is not included. (which we knew beforehand and brought our own). The room was clean but there are some maintenance issues that could be attended to. (chipped tub, trim separating, faucet leaking etc). Also the floors are kind of creaky so you can hear people walking above you.

The location was very convenient. It was perfect for our purpose.

OK... just not liking the party people! :-(
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Didn't get much sleep. Noise from being next to the gas-station as well as my room was next to some folks parting and slamming the doors, all night! Staying there again but won't if this happens again!

Folks are nice and check in is fairly painless.

Rooms are right next to the train tracks.

Rooms are right next to the train tracks. I was so tired it didn't matter and it was kind of relaxing. Really close to the airport. Can't beat free transport!

I'll Be BaK !!
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Overall I was looking for comfort and convenience, got that but not happy with ice machine, it was always empty. Also, someone knocked on my door 5.am, one night not happy with that incident. Yes, I will go back and hopefully same room, AM male front desk wasn't very pleasant, however, the evening crew were incredible. Hats off to them for being so helpful.

Worked well for my needs
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The young woman at the front desk was talking so fast I could hardly understand her. She was anxious to be done with me as her shift was finishing up.

Airport shuttle was easy.

I praised the hotel to my friend and he loved it!

My friend is disable, he has lost a leg and it seems whenever we go to a hotel. The shower chair is gone. 🤔. I think that having more than one would be a good idea.

I thought the bed was so very comfy! Extra pillows would make it completely perfect.

A good nights sleep

Only negative was toilet was broken and kept running all night but it didn't keep me awake

Convenient distance to the airport, very comfy beds, clean, quiet, good coffee, shuttle to the airport, helpful staff

Noisy and NO breakfast, powdered milk!!
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

It was noisy, stamping around on the top floor and doors banging all night. I only managed a couple of hrs sleep before my long haul-flight. It says “breakfast included” which is rubbish because they don’t serve breakfast and the coffee / tea only has powdered milk (YAK). The staff were friendly.

It was ideally lovated

Short, thankfully.

The beds were hard. Neighbors were noisy. There was no fridge in the room. Front desk who checked us in spoke very quickly and hard to understand. They need to slow down. You do NOT charge for parking in your own lot.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access with Roll In Shower

This was an overnight only. We flew into the airport, rented a car, and stayed at the hotel for a night so that we could drive to Canada the next day. The staff was very friendly. The room was about what I expected for the money. My only complaint is that they charge $10 to park there. If I had known that I wouldn't have stayed there.

We were in sudden need of an accessible room and Booking served us well. The hotel, while adequate,
    • Superior King Room - Disability Access

Insufficient towels. Based on front desk “training session,” the overall service experience was lacking!

Accessible bathroom was safe but insufficient towels etc.

The hotel has the shuttle to the airport, which is super...
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The sound insulation is not good enough, especially between the floors.

The hotel has the shuttle to the airport, which is super convenient. Also, the staff at the register desk are nice.

Relaxing, comfy and affordable.

liked everything about it.

Loved the price of the Motel and that it is very clean. Room was large and we were able to bring our pet. Great that you could order in and there is a Denny's right down the street. Was in Burien to visit my mom who has had a long recovery from surgery and is at the Regional Hospital. Thank you.

Conveniente. Have to be 21 to check in?!

I made this reservation for my 19 year old daughter who was traveling home for Christmas break. Her name was on the reservation. When she tried to check in, she was told that someone who was over 21 needed to be with her. Thank goodness her friend´s mother had gone in with her when she dropped her off. I had never heard that you needed to be 21 to check into a hotel.

My daughter stayed here prior to her very Early morning departure from the SeaTac Airport. Very conveniente

Great value for pre/post flight stay!

Property was industrial and bleak outside. Not a big deal for a one night stay.

Don't judge a book by its cover. Updates are good and room was very clean but spartan. Will use again on pre or post flight stay.

Horrible

The lack of customer service training and the receptionist staff, who were trying to create a scene so that the police were called or be escorted off the property.

I was harassed right upon arrival.

Browse Red Roof Inn Seattle Airport - Sea-Tac traveller photo gallery