Reviews of Red Roof Inn Boston - Southborough/Worcester 2 stars

367 Turnpike Road, Southborough, MA 01772, USA

#1 of 1 hotels in Southborough

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The nonsmoking room was smokey. There was a heavy scent of spray trying to mask the odor much like a Vegas casino. To a non smoker, it was evident that someone smoked just outside the room, or a heavy smoker had his clothes all in the room after smoking.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

That safe fee. Minor but very annoying. Feels like a blatant attempt to get more money.

Everything I needed for a good night's stay was right there. Very compact. The coffee/tea in the lobby is a nice touch! Appreciated the check-in/check-out process.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Left early for all day funeral. Came back tired and drained to a unmade, not clean room. Housekeeping did not clean our room. Called front desk said she did not know why BUT never even apologized for it. Just brought up towels.

Bed was comfortable. TV was great. Room was quiet. Easy access for older couple.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Shampoo was terrible! On the second night,during a snowstorm,my room key didn't work. I drove back to the desk and she came up and fixed it,but it was rather inconvenient!

Convenient location,easy check in,clean

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Toilet was full of paper on arrival. Interior of fridge was covered in grape drink not cleaned out. Carpet had large blood stain. Did not get military discount even though you offered it and I provided a military ID.

Free WiFi

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

It's easier to wake up and have breakfast onsite, especially when you're on a business trip. The hotel does not offer breakfast as I was told by the front desk.

Overall - it was good!

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Room on second floor, no elevator, rooms open to outside

Friendly staff, clean room, comfortable bed, bathroom partly in room which is always a plus when traveling together (because that way you can use the sink while someone else uses the toilet)

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Didn't like having to travel 2+ miles to shopping/dining. On returning from shopping/dining had to travel 1/4 mile past the Red Roof to take a U turn to return to Red Roof which was on the opposi.te of the road.

quietness

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The daily cleaning and the changing of bed covering were not satisfactory. The made was reluctant to clean the room.

The beds are perfect. Wonderful TV channels especially for children. It is very quite with fantastic air conditioning.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room is always clean, the staff is always helpful and pleasant. They will get you extra towels or anything you need. The location is perfect for my fiancee and I as its close to the 495 North and South exits. We stay the quite often and they know us by name and love our little Chihuahua Service Dog. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone I know.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Maid service was rude refused to change the bed said she did not have time she wanted to change it after our stay was over I then called down to front desk and they had her so it so she then started to curse me out in another language not to mention that the lady who checked my husband in was completely rude to him will never go here again

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

THE PLACE NEEDS A COMPLETE OVERHAUL; PAINT IS PEELING OFF THE CEILING/WALLS AMD THERE IS NOT ONE RESTAURANT WALKING DISTANCE FRM THIS MOTEL. THEY HAVE NO FOOD SERVICES OF ANY NATURE. I GUESS YOU ONLY GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.....

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There were little flies all over the room. We had to go around and kill them. The bed was really uncomfortable. It was slightly sloping to the left and my back and my husband's back were killing us the through the night. Paint was chipping in the shower and what looked like the beginning of mold on the ceiling.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room smelled room 220 The ceiling was under some sort of construction Sat in the desk chair to find someone spilt something on it. Had to dry my pants. I could feel springs through the bed.

Staf

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Charge me twice, never reply email within one month. Called a lot of times, always don't refund one payment. Pay attention this property in future.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

They were no parking in front of our room we had to park in the back of the building and there was a big stain on the blanket .

The receptionist was very nice.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

I didn't like that the first room we were sent to was unlocked and not cleaned, the second room we went to was right next to the stairs, which was dirty, there was someone elses hair all over the sheets, pillow and sock lint etc etc... There was NO quiet time. The people on the second floor dragged each of their 10 bags down the stairs at 6am. After becoming extremely aggravated, we got our things together and left..

I liked that I couldn't hear any traffic being near such a busy street.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Horrible housekeeping~ Upon our arrival, we were greeted with pubic hairs in the bathtub and on the bathroom floor. Grossed out everyone in the room (4 of us).

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bed smells dust as it is never been washed, dirty, they never wash this sheet or the blanket after each customer, the floor never got swapped. The hall place is dirty. And it's very very very old place

I didn't like nothing, it was horrible

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The beds were not that comfortable and our room smelled a bit like stale smoke.

It was clean and very quiet with quick access to the highway! We would stay there again!

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Electrical socket near the sink did not work. Had to dry my hair across the room. Also the spindle on the toilet paper holder was missing necessitating either balancing the toilet paper on the tub, or reaching backwards to get it from the toilet cover.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The rooms were very old and not very well maintained, sheets had dried blood on them. Walking in the room barefoot my feet were black within minutes of wandering the room. Everything in the town is closed after 9 including gas stations. Electric outlets were loose so anything that was plugged in would fall out in the night including alarm clocks and chargers.

The hotel was very quiet and close to main highways.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

- At best the front-desk staff ignores you; can't imagine if they are in a bad mood - Not changing the sheets may be considered going green but not cleaning room / bathroom during the day was disappointing

Location was decent for Boston area

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I would have liked to have a coffee pot in the room.

Quiet & convenient location. Nothing fancy, but safe & functional. It allowed us to get a good night's rest after a long flight from Alaska & before a long drive to central Vermont. Requested and got a quiet room on the back side of the motel building (making our room a tad further away from Rte. 9). Bird song greeted us in the morning. Got a great recommendation for breakfast: Eat at Harry's in Westboro, just up the road a bit. It's a wonderful, timeless, family run diner. I'd return to this Red Roof Inn.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

There's not a great variety of restaurants in the area. The bed was slightly too firm for my preference.

I felt 100% safe at this location which is important because I traveled alone. The room was clean.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

I did not like Route 9, the route to Worcester, because it was being repaired.

The property was relatively inexpensive and not too far from Worcester, my destination. The road between the property and Worcester was unfortunately being repaired so it was a little bumpy. I would have preferred a location near Route 290 instead of Route 9.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The room has thin insulation, and I could hear everything my neighbors above and next door were doing. Parking was tricky sometimes because of trucks parking in the parking lot along the side area.

I really liked that the hotel was a little outside of the main city area and was quieter. Easy to get off and on the 90.The room was very clean and nice - it looked remodeled.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

This property was dirty. The girl at the desk appeared to want to sleep. She was not friendly. The room was dirty. The hardwood floors were sticky. The bathroom was so tiny it was ridiculous. We had one towel in the room. It smelled. No blow dryer. Charged extra for a safe we didn't need. At 7:15 on Sunday morning g they were mowing the lawn with big, loud commercial mowers outside our window. It was a horrible experience. Never again.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Not very safe, I had to call the police during the night to come for an emergency. I was woken up with screams of woman running down the hall and asking for help with a man chancing her. Very scary and the hotel did nothing to make me feel better, just stated that they could not comment on it.

Inexpensive.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was to small,, there was no tawells the coffe was cold and we leave the very next day in the morning.. The person who was in front desk was rood she dont even care so she shus charge us...

Nothing about it

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

As before The Housekeeping starting at 10 am continued , total of 4 times before noon knocking on door to see if I was there and was asked once when I was leaving. as before I mentioned to front desk and got an apology. as before ?????

Very comforting. quiet, reliable.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Needed refrigerator for my medicine. All rooms should have a fridge in my opinion. Ice machine & vending not convenient. Price a bit high.

Very clean & King bed was awesome!

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Hairs in the bed when I pulled the sheets back, they claim free Wifi but good luck keeping it working. It kept kicking me off and then connecting again - I eventually just gave up. And last in the morning the cleaning staff knocked on the door at 9:45 waited about 5 seconds and came in while I was still getting dressed. I'll never stay at a Red Roof Inn again.

Location was great

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Not much going on around the place, restaurants, bars, etc. The room was ok, but the door was stuck, an old person would have been trapped in or out. No coffee in the rooms, either.

All the staff was friendly and helpful. The location was right off the interstate, so it would be great for a traveler to spend the night.

• Reviewed: 11 September 2016

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Ceiling falling apart, deadbolt on door didn't work, stairs to second floor disintegrating, railing broken, bathroom so small you have to leave it to turn around, etc. - all of what you might expect at a two-star facility, so not unexpected...just disappointing.

Right place, right price, nice girl in the office. AC worked great!

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

There were just a few little things that made me feel like the place wasn't extremely clean (a few hairs in the bathroom, some kind of dried "drops" in front of the toilet - nothing major).

The staff were all pleasant to deal with. The bed was really comfortable. It was quiet.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

overall building exteriors were run down facility could use a little modernization. Breakfast would have been nice.

Room was clean and basics were maintained, great location reasonable price for the area.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Well I went by the Inn and went to Wendy's down the road and got turned around , I called the deck to help me get back to the Inn and the gentle I talk with wasn't much help .I was an hour and a half riding around till I got back

Easy to get to right off 495

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was dirtier than what I expect from hotels - there was a thick layer of dust on the baseboard in some spots, my bed cover had some sort of debris on it (possibly crumbs), the bedside rug was in the same condition, the fridge and microwave had not bean cleaned. Also, although some parts of the room looked new (wood floors, sink counter), others looked stained from age (tub, toilet). Another minor annoyance was that we were disturbed several times as we were getting ready in the morning, because someone forgot to leave us a do not disturb sign. Finally, the front door and locks looked very flimsy, which made me kind of nervous given that it led right outside and I am a woman traveling with young daughters.

This was fairly cheap lodging 30 min outside of Boston right by the highway, so it was convenient enough for our purposes. The staff was courteous enough and the room was ready when we arrived. The checkout time is at noon, which is later than most hotels. The room didn't have any frills, but contained everything we needed. The bathroom with tub and toilet was tiny, but at least the sink was outside with plenty of marble counter space.

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bathroom was a little small. Had to stand almost in the tub to open and close the door because it passed about two inches from the toilet.

The bed was very, very comfortable. I actually pulled off the bottom sheet to find out what kind of mattress it was. A+++ for mattress comfort! I also liked the location, right next to I-495. Very easy to find.

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No offer for breakfast. Room was not made up and housekeeping was substandard.

Within 2 miles of a shopping center and a variety of mostly fast food restaurants. Pleasant location with huge lawn and trees. Quiet for sleep.

• Reviewed: 16 July 2016

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room was dirty- the bedspreads covered with hair and other materials- ceiling had a large spot, and the room smelled of marijuana.

The manager was kind enough to refund our money.

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

We had a 12:00pm checkout time, but housekeeping woke us up at 10am, insisting that checkout was 11:00am. Even if it was, why was she knocking at our door an hour earlier? Also, there was a sizeable piece of the popcorn ceiling that had peeled and was hanging about six inches down in our room. It didn't affect us, but it should probably be fixed.

The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and there were many amenities a short drive away.

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The room was humid every day of our stay; this may have been due to issues with the ventilation system.

The room was clean; the staff were friendly and helpful, and the overall experience was a positive one.

• Reviewed: 4 July 2016

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There really were no complaints.

Although there was no breakfast at the hotel, there was a Cumberland Farms right on the property just about that had coffee and all kinds of breakfast stuff at great prices!

• Reviewed: 24 June 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The walls and ceiling in the room were stained. Which was kind of off putting. The beds were way more uncomfortable than I expected, they look great, don't be fooled.

The maid was nice.

Stayed in May 2016

• Reviewed: 20 June 2016

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The customers were not quiet at 11pm when a bus or two pulled in. Room had a strong odor of cigarette smoke. A/C in the first room we tried did not work. We moved to a different, more expensive hotel, after our first night.

The area was quiet.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

I wish it was a little closer to my destination. But you can’t move a motel.

The pet policy was my reason for choosing this motel.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The beds were like sleeping on the floor

You have the worst beds of any hotel I have ever been in

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Hot water (tea) was luke warm and tasted coffee, terrible. Bath tub was a bit hairy upon arrival.

No carpet, looked well maintained.

Everything but staff

Beds was never clean and smoke free wasn’t smoke free

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Didn't get maid service every day

Comfortable basic room with microwave and fridge

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bare basics. No fridge, hair dryer, snacks .....

Location. Easy commute to my brother’s house.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Pillows were hard. Not other choice.

Very handy to Route 495

Pillows were very uncomfortable

Clean and quite

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It would have been nice to have free breakfast.

The room was comfortable, friendly staff

1 didn't have food or drink

Bathroom a little small

Price

Wifi speed is terrible.

Very clean.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No frills would have liked a coffee maker

Quiet location, even being close to a highway. Room was clean, very comfortable

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

This place is great! I would stay here again!!

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Heat not working 100% good, very cool nigth for we.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No hair dryer in room. Door to room falling apart.(screws missing from dead bolt.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

No breakfast, you have to drive to the Main office to Get coffe. No coffe machine in the Room, no hair dryer, no microwave

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room and bathroom! Wasn’t what being used it ! Was very small!

Wasn’t good!

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Convenience clean helped us out whatever we needed

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The snow removal could have been a bit better.

The room was clean and spacious. Very nice.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Loud ringing from electric room near the room.

I have no complaints.

Clean & very pleasent service, very affordable.

No microwave.

Great location near interstate 495 with clean rooms and great wifi , always essential!!

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The restaurants in the area closed extra early

No coffee maker in room

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room had a musty smell like it hadn't been cleaned in a while. The carpets around the bed were really old and musty.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The room smelled of smoke and not fresh

Easy access