Reviews of Red Roof Inn Springfield 2 stars

6.2

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Inexpensive, nice TVs
    • Superior King Room - Disability Access/Smoking

Room wasn’t clean, had to go to office to get towels, office reaked of body odor, bathroom sink and shower had messed up knobs that only kind of worked, lock on door stuck

Inexpensive, nice TVs

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

The man at the front desk was friendly as could be.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

The room was disgusting. The bed looked like it hasn't been washed in forever. The toilet ran and the tub didn't drain. The chair was broken the walls needed cleaned or repainted. It was only good enough for what I needed at the last minute. Will not be back.

The man at the front desk was friendly as could be.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Done with Red Roof Inn
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Front desk service is horrible...i booked my rooms back in November. The only thing i did was cancel some of them and change my check in date. They raised the rates of my rooms without me knowing. Every time i called to speak to the manager he was never there. Then we he finally decided to come to work i got threatened to cancel my reservation because i was “complaining”. My comforter on the bed had burnt holes in them the room smelled like nothing but cigarettes.

Parking.

The bed was comfortable.
    • King Room - Smoking

The tub didn't have an stopper so I could take an bath I had to use ice machine lid for an stopper .the flys was bad in the room.

The bed was comfortable.

Gross

Ermegerd!!! Non smoking room had clearly been used as a smoking room for who knows how long. The air conditioner was not on when we went in, so we were in a disgusting, smoky, humid room. I could taste the cigarettes, it stunk so bad. Got Febreze from front desk. Made it a humid, smoky, Febreze scented room. Poop and pee on the walls in bathroom. I'm a mom, so maybe it's just me who sees it. The room took forever to cool down. So humid the sheets and floor felt wet. Front desk offered a different room, but at midnight with 3 kids, I wasn't looking to schlep our luggage to a room that probably wasn't any better. C'mon. Like your staff doesn't know it A.) Is non smoking B.)alot of someones have been smoking in there C.)the bathroom walls are filthy. I am disgusted.

Gal at front desk was nice

Won't be back.

I'm sure they are working to improve but, the room was actually quite "used". The furniture looked used, and worse, the a/c unit smelled of dried urine for the duration. Not a pleasant experience.

The desk attendant when we arrived was great. Helpful, solicitous and quite welcoming.

WILL NEVER RECOMMEND OR STAY THERE AGAIN

Their customer service was TERRIBLE

The staff was not accommodating to their customers they tried to convince me to keep stained linen on the bed and replaced that line with one's with cigarette burns in them.

The room smelled like smoke and it was non smoking. Also, the comforters had stains on them.
    • King Room - Smoking

I don't appreciate having to pay more for a non smoking room and it still smelled like smoke and had cigarette burns ion tithe toilet deer.

Refrigerator in the room.

Horrible

The rooms were filthy. I had 6 rooms for my volleyball team and they were all dirty. One room had dirty sheets and blood on the wall. Another room had bed bugs and a player got bites all over her legs. The police were called out for 2 different incidences. My players were terrified.

I did not like anything about this experience.

The staff bent over backwards for a few requests we had.

The staff bent over backwards for a few requests we had.The coffee was good.We had pets and we had good peace of mind to leave them wile attending a funeral.

I will never, and I mean NEVER, stay at this chain ever again.
    • Superior King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The place was a dump! There were hairs on the sheets, cobwebs hanging from the ceiling along with some possibly(and hopefully) dead insects, the bathroom was quite roomy except that you can see the urine stains in front of the toilet! I'm not quite sure the security latch actually locked the door, so i placed the easy chair in front of the door just in case. The remote to the tv was missing, so I tried to call the front desk from the room phone, and surprise, that didn't work either. I can't believe I was gouged $142 for this place!

That we survived and were able to leave in the morning

PRETT

it was what the price reflected. bare bones but was what we expected for the low price. no real complaints other than one of the towels had some stains. i believe it was washed but done stains just didn't come out.

easy to find, clean, price was good

Gave us a cheap place to sleep for a couple days but not a good place to relax.

Could use a thourough cleaning, new mattress and bedding. Room was super small.

Eggs? There was no breakfast. There was a picnic table outside of the room that was nice to sit on and relax. The motel was very very quiet.

Glad it was a short stay.

Feeling there would be an issue with this facility, I called a few days ahead to inform them I would be there late and confirmed two rooms. shortly before arrival I was sent an email cancelling one of the rooms. When I got to hotel the owner/desk clerk acted surprised I needed two rooms. guess I was right to be cautious. Fortunately they had another room, because of a special event in town all others were booked. I would rather stay in a nearby town next time than stay at this Red roof inn. only rooms available where smoking rooms and yes they smelled as such. not a good area, if you need to get anything drive north a few miles. Horrible TV reception.

Cheap

Great staffer. Poor facility.

Run down, no real effort to make it atteactive looking or feeling.

The very pleasant woman at the desk was the only good thing about the place. Delightful person.

Everything.
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Everything. Staff was rude and not customer friendly, room was filthy and I had to clean the tub and toilet, tv was broken, no cups for coffee, nasty nasty nasty will never be back and will put photos all over social media of the filth.

You get what you pay for.

Room was tiny with barely enough room to move around the furniture. The AC unit was incredibly loud too. Multiple areas showed poor work to repair things and looked terrible. You get what you pay for.

It's ok

Rooms are small. Toilet kept running unless you jiggled the handle and the lid on the back of toilet was not the right one. The lock on the door was extremely difficult to work but we got it.

It is exactly what I expected for the price I paid. This is not a fancy place but we didn't spend anytime in the room other than to sleep.

Nice night manager.

Very shady people staying at hotel. Was woke up three times first night because of fighting.. police were called. Second night a man kept knocking on door. Didnt stay third night.

Nice night manager.

Comfortable room and great locations makes this a good choice for travelers.
    • King Room - Smoking

There were large groups of people hanging out and cavorting in the passage ways. It made me uncomfortable but nothing innapropriate happened.

The ease of getting on and off the property was perfect. There were stores and restaurants a short drive away.

Ok
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

The sheets were not very clean they had stains, there were cigarette ashes on the bed when we got there,the outlet by the bathroom out let's were not safe the cord to our hair dryer and flat iron kept coming out..the rooms need to have iron boards and iron. There was only 2 towels and 2 wash clothes and hand towels, they should have more then 2 towels.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Priced right, very comfortable, well located and I will stay here again.

When I returned home three days later, I stayed here again, and the only issue was with the cable TV, the CBS channel wasn't working. But this was a Direct TV problem, not a hotel problem. The hotel desk clerk tried to resolve the issue, and and Direct TV worked on it all evening, but were not successful. This does not affect my regard for the property, and I will stay here again.

The facility is very good for the price. Bed was very comfortable, water was always hot and staff very friendly and attentive to any questions.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

Decent for the money

No microwaves in rooms, mini fridge rather dated and no iron.

Always coffee in the lobby even though they needed to replace one of the pumps since it never worked right.

Had to ask for linens due to crusty substance on blankets...

Sorry, see above!

Had to ask for linens due to crusty substance on blankets upon arrival, material on ceiling unfinished and appeared to be from repair or remodel. Tub/shower leaks into floor......nothing

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

Will never stay there again
    • King Room - Smoking

THERE WAS A BIG BED BUG in our bed!!! I had never seen one except on television and we have stayed there before!! One of the rooms was extremely dirty behind the headboard and the blankets/sheets were very dingy that the manager had to take a picture he was nice enough to give us a decent one the manager was nice enough to put us in a decent room but we won't stay there again!!

Manager other than that Nothing won't stay there again

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Nasty not worth the money.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

The 1st room we was put in the lock was broke so was moved from the 1st floor to the 2nd floor. Then had to deal with pimps, prostitutes and drug deals partying all night every night we was here. The room wasn't cleaned very well. One of the prostitutes must of left their bras behind. Cigarette packs and ashes behind the night stand. Run away not worth the money. And be careful when booking because I'm still waiting from the double charge from this place to be reimburse to my credit card. Fyi this place only deserves a zero.

The WiFi and location.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

Terrible nights stay
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Room was destroyed, room stank of mold or something dead, no coffee in the morning, night clerk was passed out sleeping in chair next to empty coffee pot

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

Incredibly cheap.

The particular room I was placed into had a door that did not seal properly, and cold air was constantly coming into the room. The heater was consistently turning itself on and off, but was not very effective.

Incredibly cheap.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

The place to be Red Roof Inn

Location it was just a few minutes from our meeting for AAA it was a three day meeting really enjoyed the tub bath don't have a tub at home everyone was very helpful and courteous would go back

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Close to where I needed to be.

Booked for 2 nights but ended up not needing to stay 2nd night. They said it'd be no problem however there were pending charges on my account from Red Roof that totaled over $200. They said I had to call corporate to resolve.

Close to where I needed to be. Cheap rates.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

It was reasonable.

I was a little anxious when there were people hanging outside my room smoking. These people also got up during the night for a smoke and talked outside. I could hear them.

It was reasonable.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Shabby

BED BUGS

Coffee Machine

Coffee Machine

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

It was very inexpensive and necessary for the one night I...

The door was broken. They don’t supply my room with towels.

It was very inexpensive and necessary for the one night I stayed

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Way overpriced at $88 with tax. More of a $29 room plus tax you see on the freeway sometimes.

Room not cleaned correctly. Wet pee on toilet rim under the seat in the front. Visible with seat down.

Close to venue

Quick friendly service.

Quick friendly service. A

Need to have others people,other than their family and 1 towel don't clean whole bathroom(toliet too

Staff,HOUSEKEEPING!!!!,COFFEE,THE PERSON NEXT DOOR,TOWELS(TERRIBLE)

The event I went to

Good location easy access

Good location easy access

Bathroom needs updated. A/C unit worked but was very noisy! Beds were so so comfortable.

Dirty

Room was filthy. All of our feet were black from the floor.

Room was nice good tv and ample furniture.
    • Superior King Room - Smoking

Saw a cockroach crawling across the floor in the morning if there is one there are more

Room was nice good tv and ample furniture.

We love staying here whenever we are in town.

The location, customer service, cleanliness and the value was excellent!

Poor

Roaches in the room and the hole in the bathroom door

Bed was comfortable

Bed was comfortable

Comfortable beds

While the motel was less expensive, a breakfast would have been appreciated.

Comfortable beds

Good experience.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Good experience. Nice people. Clean room.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

The bed was nice
    • King Room - Smoking

The room was in need of Maintenance and repairs

The bed was nice

Friendly staff
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Door handle had tape on it chair was broke toilet did not flush

Friendly staff

Great manager met every need
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Bed spread had cigarette burns and part of the wall was...
    • Superior King Room - Smoking

Bed spread had cigarette burns and part of the wall was coming off. Too much money for the quality of room.

Nice......if you are a drug addict

Old. Roaches were in there. Needs refurbishing

The customer service

Pleasant and comfortable stay at Red Roof Motel.

everything ok

front office polite, and friendly

Perfect for a 1 night stay on the go
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

It seemed like it was in a bad neighborhood of Springfield

It was right off I-55 the room was ok.

Nice and quiet

The location was quiet and clean

It's an okay place
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

The tv barely had any channels for children.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Very nice restful stay.

The cleanliness of the room and property.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

The staff was wonderful
    • King Room - Smoking

The bed was hard, the room was dirty

The staff was wonderful

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

Acturlly nothing was satisfying

Acturlly nothing was satisfying

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

An adequate stop over

An adequate stop over

Would stay again

Slept like a baby. Free parking, wi-fi and coffee at lobby

Ceiling repair.

Ceiling repair. Couldn't sleep in bed below it because felt like rain could come through anytime!!

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

It was quiet

The room had a small smell to it

It was quiet

roaches

roaches

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Acceptable
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

First. Room not great. A/c unit ancient.moved to another room 2 doors down. Better

Staff was helpful

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Dont stay here NOT GOOD

Nothing I will never stay at a red roof inn again, TERRIBLE

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

A good night stay

Room could have used some freshening up. Some minor repairs were needed --the ceiling had a big crack in it.

Staff was very friendly

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

The bed was amazingly comfortable

The heating system

The bed was amazingly comfortable

The price

No microwave.. was so hungry n couldn't warm up my food

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

The staff were friendly and helpful!

The staff were friendly and helpful!

The service was great.

The service was great.

Cheapest place to stay in Springfield.

Bed and pillows were hard as rocks. I didn't sleep well.

The staff was very polite. The shower had great water pressure and temperature.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Nasty af

The prostitution and drugs flowing from the staff to the hotel

Nothing i guess location was good for where i was needing to be

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

Its clean .
    • King Room - Smoking

The only thing i didnt like was the scent.

Its clean .