Reviews of Red Roof Inn Roanoke - Troutville 3 stars

3231 Lee Highway, Troutville, VA 24175, USA

#3 of 4 hotels in Troutville

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Room was musty and hot when we got there. Cooled off pretty fast. Out dated room, and very dingy restroom. Worthless breakfast. Stale cereal.

Good price for a last minute stay.

• Deluxe Double Room

Each time we have stayed there, the fruit in your breakfast area is always way too ripe or rotten. Would love to see fresh fruit next time.

Very friendly front desk staff.

• Deluxe Double Room

Spiders in the first room they gave me but that wouldn't have been a problem if I didn't have my daughter with me but once I told them they moved me upstairs and I didn't have anymore problems.

Just about everything

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Lack of Cleanliness, breakfast was all cold, smoking was going on in non smoking rooms the beds were rock hard with no sufficient bedding

The location of convenience

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The rooms need updating but for the price, it's very reasonable. Breakfast was better than some red roof inns but not substantial.

The staff was nice, rooms were large and quiet. The bed was hard, which I liked, and for the price, it was great with a dog.

• Deluxe Double Room

Room had sticky bottle rings on night stand. Elevator also had a large sticky/ gooey puddle in it when we went to our room that was still there in the morning. Breakfast was a very minimal continental.

Price

• Deluxe Double Room

hard beds, poor shower strength, close to highway and noise, not much choice at breakfast, not much comfort

friendly desk clerk with fast check-in who moved us to non-smoking room and gave us bottles of water.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Slight issue : I killed an insect during the night when using the restroom. However everything was very clean, so it might have been brought by anybody in the room. It was not an infestation.

• Deluxe Double Room

Room was not cleaned, dirty soap in the bathroom, toilet was used and not flushed, good thing I carry Lysol wipes, had to clean my bathroom before I used it. Then arguing in the hallways with someone belongings thrown against my door several times during the night

Location is idea,

• Deluxe Double Room

The carpet looked dirty - no bare feet for me. The beds were small and the mattress not particularly comfortable. It was just generally run down and shabby.

The desk clerk at check in was nice and friendly. The one at check out - not so much. It was fairly quiet and had a nice side entrance so we didn't have to go in and out of the front. We had plenty of hot water and the shower had good water pressure.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

It was 5 degrees and windy. The double doors were allowed to be opened with gaps in the front door. Back door had no double door and gaps in the door allowed the cold wind in. It was very cold downstairs. This situation needs to be looked at. Lots of heat and AC can escape this route.

Friendly helpful staff!

No complaints here.

The king size bed was excellent, staff was very accomadating, everything was very clean, will definitely stay at red roof inn again. Thanks.

• Deluxe Double Room

A wider selection at their breakfast bar would’ve been nice.

Quiet place but easily accessible to interstate. Helpful staff, clean and tidy accommodations.

• Deluxe Double Room

We needed a safe place to spend the night on the way home from a late VT football game and this fit the bill nicely. Easy to get to from the interstate and a good value in terms of the price.

• Deluxe Double Room

That traffic circle and the interstate entrance temporarily blocked off--not good. What, do the locals not want tourists?

Staff and visitors alike were understanding of special needs child's behavior.

• Deluxe Double Room

Just one guest washing machine and drier. Unfortunately another guest was staying the same time has us, and they appeared to have a months supply of dirty laundry.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Room is just so-so - could use a good thorough cleaning - road access was a nightmare due to construction - not so easy to get to

quiet, parking was good

• Deluxe Double Room

Modern, clean and comfortable. Great value and pleasant staff. Red Roof has really improved their properties. I'd stay again when I'm in the area again.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

disappointed with breakfast. seems there were less offerings since last time we stayed at this location. hope you will consider at least maybe eggs and sausage in the future. the only offerings were two types of dry cereal, bananas or apples, bread, mini muffins and bagels, coffee and juice. surely you could do better.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

light bulb not in lamp, clock did not work, maids did not speak or understand english, pool not open, grounds had grass growing up through rocks, no landscape maintenance had been done all summer

• Deluxe Double Room

Not much, but would have liked a bigger selection for breakfast.

I was very impressed with the hotel. It was very clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly. The breakfast was good. I make the trip up this direction every year and will definitely stay here again.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel was fine but Booking.com set us up in a smoking room. When i called them to change it took me almost 30 minutes to get someone live on the phone. They then told me that was the only option we had which was not true as confirmed by the hotel staff. Probably won't use booking.com again

• Deluxe Double Room

When I booked, there was no indication on the website if the room was smoking or non smoking. So I booked a room and made a remark that I wanted a non smoking room. However the woman who checked me in kept saying that I booked a smoking room and, although there were non smoking rooms available, she refused to change it. I had to ask booking.com by telephone myself, but the number she gave me didn't work. At the end I accepted the smoking room. Very strange and in fact unacceptable. I wanted to stay two more nights, but booked somewhere else. Because of major road works it was not easy to get to the motel, certainly not when it is dark.

Large room, fast wifi

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

I was so late .. long trip .. so checked in at 2am and would have liked to have known how to sign in to wifi. Would be nice if they just gave you a little card with wifi instructions

• Deluxe Double Room

Horrible place. The smell was un real. Thank god there was a holiday inn close. We could not reach booking were on hold for over a hour finally just gave up gave the slob at the desk the key and drove away. A great 74 dollar lesson. Never consider red roof inn and dont trust booking.com. My entire staff and family will be throughly briefed. Red roof inn desk really blamed you for booking us into a smoking room but the place was soooo bad it would have not mattered.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

ANTS. Woke with them in the bed on the first night. Alerted front desk twice and was assured they would "spray." Ants remained. Front desk person was asleep early in the evening. Took a few tries to "raise" her. Have stayed here several times with pleasant memories...not so this trip.

Convenience to interstate

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

I stay here often because I travel to Roanoke once or twice a month lately. They got new mattresses for all the room about a month ago so the beds are very comfortable. The staff is super helpful. The rooms are very clean. I feel safe here because the parking lot is well lit.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Construction detour was a bit of a pain but not a deal-breaker.

Room was very good size, front desk staff were extremely helpful with good recommendation for supper.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking - Disability Access

Staff was very friendly and helpful. I was attending a wedding and had to leave my 2 small dogs there. They graciously said no problem, just give us a phone number we could call if they become a problem. They never called and said the dogs were so quiet they forgot they were there!

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

I didn't like? What I didn't like??? Well I didn't like the urine stains on the side of the box spring mattress . The filthiness in the corners in the crevices of the air conditioning unit in the wall. The overall disgusting feel to the carpet in the room was absolutely nasty .the Important thing we're missing here is that I am a smoker and I requested a smoking room. One might contribute the nastiness of the room to being a smoker's unit. Does this mean that any room that was rented back in the 70s 60s 50s 40s and 30s or 20s And so forth When smoking was extremely popular was just a nasty thing and there was no way to get around that kind of Room...those rooms-would feel smell and look nice ohhh yes they were kept in pristine condition and were nice because people cared. This location is disgusting and the owners need to do something about it immediately it should not have a red roof logo on the buildin... they should employ somebody that cares about their work and is compassionate towards people that you bring this hotel to the next level there's a lot of new construction in the area and it seems that I may be up and coming spot but nobody here and I repeat nobody here cares. PS by the way .! If you are going to have a tiny bagels please have a tiny way to toast them . And not an employee who Charles somebody's wife to stick a plastic utensil into the toaster that is hot to get there bagel ou!!!!!!! Oh by the way I stayed in room 333

Absolutely nothing

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking - Disability Access

Morning Continental mostly sucked, though that's pretty par for the course. Had a handicap room where my friend had trouble fitting between the beds. Bathroom however was big enough for a rugby game.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Construction made it harder to find,but a phone call fixed that.

large,bright room with mini fridge,microwave,iron and ironing board and hair dryer. Very clean with good a/c and heat.

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The mattress was very hard. The heater/ac unit was loud and I couldn't adjust the heat very well so ended up just using the fan with no heat which worked out fine.

The staff is always helpful and friendly. The bathroom was very clean.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking - Disability Access

We still haven't settled on the difference between booking quote and the charge. They were unable to give me a receipt for our stay. They charged us$40+ more than quote. We haven't heard from them or Booking in a couple weeks and haven't received our refund.

Convenient to the meeting I was attending.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Requested a non smoking room, were given a non smoking room, but room reeked of cigarette smoke, as did the elevator and public areas.

A great TV and room was spacious. Continental breakfast ok. Allowed us to eat there rather than pay for a breakfast elsewhere, but don't expect a great variety.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The first room we got had bugs in it. The free continental breakfast was not very good.

Beds were comfortable. We received a discount on breakfast from a local diner.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking - Disability Access

The rooms were nice but the bed was too hard for me. It was very firm.

The hotel was very clean. It was close to the interstate but so quiet. The hotel is pet friendly and I loved that. It was the best rate I have ever seen while travelling. I would definitely stay there again.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

After spending the previous night in a different hotel I noticed a big difference in the bed mattress and bathtub. Unfortunately Red Roof's mattress was not nearly as comfortable and the bathtub was narrow, the sides were somewhat high and the soap dishes that were mounted right in the center of the back wall were many times in the way of moving around. A curved shower rod would help create a little more elbow room.

Room was comfortable, clean and smelled good.Fridge was clean and free of frost build-up.Staff was friendly and accommodating.Overall appearance of grounds and building were inviting.I would definitely come back. Very enjoyable stay at the Red Roof.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room not sound proof, there was a noisy dog in the room next to ours. The owner had to take the dog out several times during the night which was very disturbing.

Good size room with all fascilities

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Room key reader was balky. Carpet did not seem fresh. Had my crocks at hand so i didn't have to touch the floor. I usually do this anyway. Worse thing: Somebody changed vendors for the room coffee. The plastic filter holder provided with the sealed kit didn't fit the coffee maker. The only thing that worked was the existing holder left on the machine. Gross! How many people used that before me? Sanitation issue. The overhead room light where I would have liked to read was out. Long list, but the thing that hits my bottom is the coffee machine. The rest is more of a FYI thing.

A nice person at the desk like Jojo, is always a great way to start. Quiet location just off the interstate.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Shower/tub had mold in seams between tub/walls, microwave was filthy never cleaned food all over inside, told them on checkout didn't seem to care

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Knowing this sets the standards for other places.

There was nothing to not like. Pleased with the package. Can't say the same with other places. Here was charged the least amount. Was given a breakfast and everything was clean and professional. All staying in a hotel should be.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Did not like hotel was split between smoking and nonsmoking rooms. Although I stayed in a nonsmoking room, everywhere smelled of cigarettes smoke. If I had a choice of a hotel accepting pets or smokers, I will choose pets.

I enjoyed the ease of booking and checking in.

• Reviewed: 16 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking - Disability Access

The room was clean but smelled terrible. The beds were not very comfortable but for the price and only needing it for a night stop it was ok.

Good location and facilities

• Reviewed: 20 June 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The smell of spray used to mask unpleasant odors. It was overwhelming. The carpet definitely needs to be shampood

It was a good place to stay for the money.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

After a long drive, we looked for a last-minute place to stay. The price was great and the motel was more than sufficient for our quick stay.

The view.

Size of room, cleanliness, and location

Breakfast was minimum

Pets stay at no additional cost!

• Deluxe Double Room

The bed was hard. It was very noisy and baby could not sleep.

• Deluxe Double Room

Breakfast and the rooms and the keys

Nothing, breakfast very poor

Did not expect what we required when made our reservation. Sorry was completely not satisfied. Nothing to like about. Can do better

Internet speed

Proximity to I-81, easy access to Virginia Tech

Bathroom was dirty, towels were not clean

Location, Price

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Staff very friendly and helpful.

TOWELS

WE WERE SURPRISED AT HOW CLEAN THIS PROPERTY WAS. FOR THE $$$ YOU CAN'T BEAT IT.

no eggs

Bed was uncomfortable

Cost of room

• Deluxe Double Room

Third floor smelled like smoke the entire stay. Thankfully couldn't smell it in our room, only in the hall, but was terrible.

Welcoming pets

Bed comfort

Pet friendly

• Deluxe Double Room

Really, place met all my needs.

Great travel value, and if you want more than a basic breakfast, there is a Cracker Barrel one driveway away.

• Deluxe Double Room

comfy bed, very friendly staff

• Deluxe Double Room

Breakfast was there but not really for us.

The price made the stay worth it.

• Deluxe Double Room

Continental breakfast was a joke.

• Deluxe Double Room

Wi-fi on the first floor was a piece of crap.

Nice motel on a road. Clean and quite cute.

I liked all

Close to what u need

Clean,

Location was good.

• Deluxe Double Room

would have preferred room further away from elevator which for quieter room.

Very comfortable bedding. Room was larger than expected.

• Deluxe Double Room

Big nasty spot on my sheet.

The friendly staff.

Friendly staff, comfy bed

The breakfast wasnt replenished

• Deluxe Double Room

Could next rooms through the third walls

Conveniently located

Very Friendly and accommodating staff

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

Bed sheets and bed skirts looked dirty

Price

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

All of the latches on room doors are broken and replaced with holes in the door. No coffee pot in my room.

The staff is so friendly and helpful!