Reviews of Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Resort Disney Springs® Resort Area 4 stars

1850 Hotel Plaza Boulevard, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830, USA

#153 of 407 hotels in Orlando

• Queen Room with Lake View

The bathroom. Very cramped, The door opened toward the tub, the tub plug was cheaply made, the lighting is weird, no ventilation, extremely difficult for both of us to get ready at the same time.

Everything else was fantastic, especially the beds! I dont normally say that about hotel beds.

Woman on checking out, short African style hair more interested talking to her colleagues about what was wearing to work. Rude!!

The beds were so comfortable! Pillows were best had in hotel. Rooms were very clean. Staff were friendly part women on checkout. Kayalita was very passionate about her job on check in area. Lovely smile

Decorating and service.

The location is the only important element in this hotel. This hotel don't have any manager or concier to answer questions, the guest service is only a timeshare kisoko like you stop in a street booth. The decorations are cheap, the wall of the floors are very ugly.

-Ride to parks is a bit long around 30' (not too bad but worth mentioning) -Bathtub should be replaced.

Walking distance to Disney springs, bus service to and from Disney parks, nice outdoor pool. Really enjoyed the magic hour bonus, clean sheets and nice and helpful staff.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

The refrigerator was too loud as the light in the bathroom. The toilet was too close to the shower. I thought that was unusual. The power for the entire hotel was off for a bit and they turned off the water for 4 hours. The staff were intermittently friendly and could not give us proper directions to things as simple as, "where is the on site restaurant. Quite disturbing. I will not be returning.

I liked leaving and going to another hotel.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

I booked a double queen room. Arrived at 9:45pm with toddler and was sent to a single queen room. Had to change rooms and second room view was terrible. Bedding slipped throughout the night. Bathroom tub looked poorly repaired (chipped and cheaply painted); bathroom looked very aged. Staff was helpful with room change but no compensation offered.

Breakfast was good and not too busy. Staff was kind and eager to help.

• Queen Room with Disney View

There was a weird smell at the entrance. I think its because there is a small store with a microwave oven and the smell of foods lingered.

I loved the proximity (about 5 min) to Disney Springs formerly known as Disney Downtown. As a member of the Disney Neighborhood hotel it includes transportation to and from the theme parks as well Extra Magic Hours. The bus for our hotel is the "B" which includes in its route the Best Western, the Wyndham and lastly the Hilton Buena Vista Palace. Our room had Disney view and at nights we watched the fireworks from the theme parks. The staff from the front desk, the coffee shop, the Disney store and the housekeeping staff were great.

• Queen Room with Lake View

The breakfast buffet was too expensive when a character breakfast was offered

The staff was very helpful and accommodating at check in at check out. They made sure our group was together and our points were added to our acount

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

This hotel was excellent. The room was clean, the beds comfy. They have a great pool area and a great breakfast buffet. Great location next to Disney springs with free bus transportation to the Disney parks. Highly recommended!!

• Queen Room with Lake View

Very noisy from corridor and next room, could even make out what the woman was saying. Luckily next door was only the first day/night or we would have had to ask to be moved.

Not one thing

We stayed for our last night following a cruise; it was the right choice. Superb hotel, great facilities and value AND round the corner short walk / drive to Disney Springs from where we could check in our Virgin flight home (and so enjoy Disney / other Orlando hassle free on the last day). I know there are lots of hotel option in that area,. but I really felt they'd not charged us enough when we walked in. Everything was of a great standard, especially for the money we'd paid (we'd paid extra for a 'Disney View' wouldn't do that again. Fireworks at some distant and behind glass weren't great or worth it, was our choice though). Really good hotel for a few nights to enjoyed their facilities and Disney (especially Springs) although I'd probably not go for a week + (would become samey)

• Queen Room with Disney View

The pillows were a little too soft for my personal liking, but other than that, this place was perfect.

The bed was incredibly comfortable. It was a chilly week and the hot tub was perfect! Our window view allowed us to spot all of the Disney Parks. Also loved that it was literally right next to Disney Springs, the restaurants there are great!

• Queen Room with Lake View

The bathroom is outdated and shower is leaking.the ac is too loud. Towels dirty

Staff very helpful and friendly.location is perfect walking distance from disney springs.and safe

• Queen Room with Lake View

I did not like that we have a bag with 2 bottles of wine that went missing when we got the taxi to the ship. The driver was called and recommended by the hotel. We sat in the car while the loaded the luggage and we did not get the wine. The driver of the car or the hotel.. not sure who is responsible but when the car left we realized they did not have it. Worst part is we tipped both hotels luggage guy and taxi driver.

I like the location and the poole

• Queen Room with Disney View

The hotel doesn't have cradle for babies.

It's located next to Disney Springs so you can enjoy it and visit it every day. Besides, you can get the benefits of a Disney Hotel, including free shuttle to parks, extra magic hours, Disney store, delicious breakfast with characters and other. Good rooms and a very nice staff.

• King Room with Lake View

The schedule of when the shuttle runs to and from Disney Springs should be posted somewhere or a pamphlet should be in the rooms or the booklet the front desk gave us. We had to keep asking the driver.

The shuttle was very convenient

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

When we arrived (late arrival)-The hotel did not have a room available for us which left us stranded a few hours until one became available. They were apologetic ,kind, accommodating.

Staff was friendly and accommodating. The hotel was clean and had great amenities.

• Queen Room with Disney View

Other than very expensive breakfast items, all was good.

Prices for breakfast sandwiches and items for breakfast (cereal, milk, coffee, fruit) are OUTRAGEOUS. $50 for what would cost $20 at regular fast food.

• Queen Room with Disney View

The only areas of dissatisfaction of which there are three; 1. The staff at guest reception where we purchased tickets were friendly and helpful however when I purchased the tickets for the parks we were given a generous discounted price but the price required I attend with my partner a time share sales pitch and I was I advised by the member of staff at the desk this would not take any longer than 90 minutes This was not the case in reality it was 3.5 hours and we were placed under great pressure to sign documents. 2. When I went to drop back the room keys to reception the receptionist just printed off the invoice stapled the pages and without saying anything just handed them to me. No pleasantries of how was everything, did you enjoy your stay with us etc Poor customer service on this particular member of staff. 3. On certain days room was cleaned until around 5:00pm

I have stayed at this hotel on many occasions and the value for money is good and I got what I asked for, tower, not near lifts and overlooking Disney so no complaints. Staff could not be more helpful and it was very pleasant stay.

• Queen Room with Lake View

shuttle to the airport would be a nice to have

very confortable bed, and spacious room. Breakfast is exquisite, the lobby has a bar and a small shop that comes in handy for snacks.

• Queen Room with Disney View

Bathroom inside room was small.

Property was clean and very close to Disney. Never had to move my car because shuttle service was provided. Tons of entertainment and restaurants within walking distance.

Outside companies posing as hotel type employees as in early check in for domestic flights and the acquisition of a cab is really an uber type transportation with many people involved in the transaction This was not transparent at all. Though we managed to avoid by asking them to ring us a yellow cab and then transparency occurred

Close facilities to Disney springs Frequent shuttles Local cafe reasonable and food quite nutritious for cost

• Queen Room with Lake View

Check in at 4:00 pm took forever! Not that many ahead of me but clerks took sooo much time to check in, then they disappear behind doors for 5-10 minutes ...? Had to pay for parking plus large resort fees for a one night business stay.

Room comfortable and clean. Close enough to Disney Springs to walk for dinner.

Our first full day in wyndham has been a disaster! We were made to believe that we will just get a tour and presentation of their new hotel near the parks. In exchange there will be free breakfast and a 100 dollar visa card. The presentation will only be from 0745-0930. When we got there it is a TIMESHARE presentation. Wyndham, you did not made us aware that it is a timeshare presentation. Harry who was the one who booked us for this told us it is only a tour of wyndham’s new hotel. No timeshare said!!! If he said it from the start at least we would have made a decision if we would want to attend or not. You guys are being low fooling your guests with this tactic. When we we’re in the presentation they we’re being so nice at first, telling everyone of their “no pressure” sales pitch. We keep saying no to the sales woman and she keeps on saying but why? But why? So is that no pressure? Then we said we have to go because our plan is to enjoy the whole day in the magic kingdom and she’s like “ what did they say you guys are gonna get with attending here” yup she’s talking about the 100 dollar prepaid visa card. We felt trap that morning. Then the woman’s boss talked to us when we said no and when we said no again he even did not let us finish our sentence and left us mid air while talking!!!! This is an act of desperation and unprofessionalism. Please check your wyndham timeshare associates who were in the timeshare presentation on January 15 in the morning because they are the most low of people. They are not genuine obviously they just want to make a sale. We left past 11. They say its only up to 0930 so good job wyndham lake buena vista for ruining our morning when all we want to do is have a vacation. And because of this, i will not be back in this hotel and will tell all my family and friends about this.

Location near disney springs

• Queen Room with Disney View

15 dollar parking sucked,you could have had a couple bottles of water in the fridge, I thought all hotels had coffee makers.

Nice place great looking lobby,easy in and out,nice rooms.

• Queen Room with Lake View

The Disney character breakfast was poor quality and expensive Regular breakfast far cheaper and much better

very good beds, room well serviced good clean bathroom

• Queen Tower Room with Disney View

Bar staff - the one night I visited the female bar tender was very unhelpful made me as a solo female feel uncomfortable to the point of being invisible therefore I did not attend this facility again

Great location , friendly staff , good facilities

• Queen Room with Lake View

Guest Services was terrible. Couldn't answer questions to the point where we left with confidence.

Convenient location. Comfortable beds. Quiet. Nice pool facilities. Great restaurant.

• Queen Room with Lake View

Unexpected charge for parking seems harsh when staying at the hotel. Would have liked a room with a balcony. Not sure if any are available.

Beds was really comfortable. Reception staff were very helpful. Pool area is excellent, spacious and plenty of 'in pool' activity for the kids. Access to Disney Springs on foot was a bonus.

• Queen Room with Disney View

I was thoroughly turned off by your resort when upon check-in I was hit with a $20. per day resort fee. Why is this fee not included in the daily rate rather than have it be a hidden fee that was never disclosed? Check in said it was not optional to opt out of the fee if we did not use the internet or bus service and for this reason, unfortunately, I will definitely consider an alternative resort.

Beds were very comfortable. Pool area was very nice with a family friendly area. Close proximity of Disney Springs.

• Queen Room with Disney View

Restaurant had very limited options. Key card deactivated 3-4 times a day. Was very inconvenient ,had to keep going back to the desk..

Close to parks. Staff very accommodating

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

I had two pairs of Maui Jim sunglasses and one pair of Oakley’s stolen out of my car by the valet. I had a 1:00 pm arrival time which was not accommodated we arrived at 3:00 and had to get changed for our evening event in their lobby bathroom. Came back late at night and they finally checked us in and gave us a room with one queen bed instead of our reserved two queen beds. The entire experience was reprehensible.

• Queen Room with Disney View

Pricey , yes you can walk to Disney spring and the view was amazing but I mean it was pricey . I don’t understand either the self parking same price as vallet .

I love the property, the view was amazing , super clean and the staff was nice.

• King Room with Lake View

Additional resort fee and car parking extra over and above the hotel bill

Great location. Always book a tower room. Good restaurants nearby and reliable transfers to the Disney parks

• Queen Room with Disney View

My family stayed at this hotel due to Hurricane Irma. We had a great experience because the restaurant was open throught our stay even with the hurricane coming through. I also liked that many activities for families were provided to make the situation less stressful.

• King Room with Lake View

Just had problems with the credit card...payed everythibg in cash bjt the hotel still had a reservation on my card for a week now. Because of that my card still does not work so far...still blocking a huge amount!!!

Nothing it was great !

Place was awesome we as an amazing time great property and pool area we went to Disney springs next door had a blast with the kids

• Queen Tower Room with Disney View

The air con was freezing in public areas. This was great when it was warm but when it was raining outside it wasn't needed.

The staff were very pleasant. Walking distance to disney springs which was great and disney transport was very easy to use

• Standard Tower Two Queen Beds

My only real complaint is the price of food inside the hotel. Paying $5 for a small cereal bowl, or $11 for a sandwich is excessive and takes advantage of those who do not know about the range of shops which are just a 5 minute walk away and sell items for half the price.

Well-located for Disney Springs resort area - literally a 2 minute walk from Disney Springs. Frequent shuttles to the Disney parks were great - although we did experience delays on certain days, which meant waiting in the rain for the bus to pick us up. For Universal parks we booked Ubers (very easy and trips didn't take too long), so would definitely stay in this area again. We had to extend our trip by a few days due to Hurricane Irma stopping us from flying to Miami, and the staff at the Wyndham were very accommodating with this and stopped us feeling stressed in a worrying situation.

• Queen Tower Room with Lake View

Every member of the staff were very nice and accommodating. Each one was professional and knew their job. We especially appreciate the Valet staff, their efficiency and pleasing attitudes.

• Standard Tower Two Queen Beds

Close to disney springs and shuttle service to parks was awesome.

Room size pretty good. Kettle in the room would have gone done well. Aircon in our room was really loud but worked well.

• Standard Tower Two Queen Beds

Will not apply to many people - we were under curfew in the hotel as Hurricane Irma interrupted our holiday. The hotel was great at arranging entertainment, however food options were limited (understandably). It was disappointing, that with the exception of the items from the cafe shop, which were also expensive, the only option was buffets at breakfast, lunch and dinner, coming to $52 per adult each day. We have stayed here twice before and this year also saw the first time that we had to pay parking, $12 per day, not particularly pleased about that!

Perfect location for Disney Springs and easy access to the parks on the complimentary Disney park transport

• Queen Room with Disney View

I didn't like that the floor I was in was rather noisey. Not enough condiments fir the coffee in the room and the last day there the cleaning person started rapping at the door at 6:39am to tell us we checking out today very unprofessional if I wanted a wake up call. Would signed up for one

The room and the pool

• Standard Tower Two Queen Beds

That I didn't get a chance to use the great looking pool or the gym because we didn't have enough time. :-)

We really enjoyed our stay and given the opportunity would stay again.

• Queen Tower Room with Disney View

The only let down is the exorbitent resort fee and parking charges which you may not find out about until check in. These can really add up to a significant amount for your stay

Excellent accommodation within 5mins walk of Disney Springs.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

My granddaughter and I were celebrating her 10th birthday and we had a wonderful time. Didn't have to leave the facility for anything. Room, food, pool and staff were wonderful. Character breakfast was a plus.

• Queen Room with Disney View

Lifts a little crowded at busy times. Not the most attractive hotel for the outside.

Huge room, comfy bed, great view of Epcot fireworks in the distance and 5 minutes walk into Disney springs!

• Queen Room with Disney View

Room way to small,l not enough drawers for belongings for 4, bathroom way to small(banged your legs on toilet while shaving or brushing teeth) Asked for extra towels they never came . Room was supposed to have a Disney view it was no where to be found. The front desk people need training in customer service.

Location to Disney springs

• Queen Room with Disney View

Unfortunately I had an inconvenient with the charge of my room. They handled it good. I didn't like the attitude of the guy at the front desk the night arrived. He didn't know or wasn't too sure how to explain the issue and never gives me the new receipt. It was pretty uncomfortable because the new amount was totally diferente from what I paid. I had to ask the next day for the receipt and the lady was really nice. Everything else was great!

The view from our room was amazing and the comfort of the bed, super clean!! Thank you!

• Queen Room with Disney View

The bathroom was small The view of the fire works from 9th floor was more of the roof of the adjoining building.would go higher next time.

The staff was great,ready to help and very pleasant right from the check in staff, our bell hops when we arrived and left,The ladies in the restaurant and the ladies in the store. We would definitely come back again

• King Room with Lake View

The hotel was very clean and nicely styled. The pool is amazing! It's a short 5 min walk to Disney Springs. Overall it's just a great hotel.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

We had to wait awhile for our bags to be delivered to our room. We were wet and ready to shower from being in the pool. Cannot check into rooms until 4:00 and didn't get bags until 5:00. We wish check-in was earlier.

Friendly staff!!! Lots of room! Delicious food!! Loved the pool and outside bar!

• Queen Tower Room with Disney View

The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. Using the shuttle made it very easy to get to and from all the Disney parks. The staff were very helpful. Especially Wynn from security. Thanks from us all.

• Standard Tower Two Queen Beds

Impersonal big hotel, but guess that is what can be expected in busy Orlando. Very expensive sugar filled breakfast, also without Disney characters (we recommend Earl of Sandwich at Disney Springs instead, a short walking distance away). Fairly expensive parking (but again, this is Orlando). Slightly outdated feeling in the room. We spent over an hour in the bus from Magic Kingdom with sleepy children after park closure one night, since it went via Animal Kingdom in the congestion traffic. Although sufficient, more frequent bus services to the parks would be appreciated.

Comfortable beds in clean room. We appreciated the fridge in the room, good for the much needed cold beverages. Large pool with possibility to rent air mattresses. The bus service to the parks worked sufficiently, maximum wait around 30 minutes, but most of the time below 15-20 min. Ok staff, nothing special but did their job. We consider this a good option to the Disney hotels. We appreciated the short walking distance to Disney Springs.

• Queen Tower Room with Lake View

There was no lifeguard on duty at the pool

It was very conveniently located next to a shopping center with many restaurants and very close proximity to other amenities such as a pharmacy and supermarket. I also liked the cleanliness of the rooms and facilities such as laundry on site

• Queen Tower Room with Disney View

The front desk and cleaning staff are excellent

We had an issue with the shuttles to and from the park An complained about the service the following day they had a different shuttle service apparently we were not the only ones who complained

• King Room with Lake View

- Bathroom was very small and not so clean - Shuttle to Disney theme parks wasn't too convenient; you have to walk or transfer a few times when you come back from theme parks. We took Uber the whole time.

- Room layout is good with sofa, desk, closet etc - Breakfast was decent

• Queen Tower Room with Disney View

Lots of children with very LARGE floats = a pool that is not very inviting for adults traveling without children who'd like to cool off. Adults may choose to refresh at the pool-side bar :) The restaurant prices a la carte breakfast items to encourage you to opt for the $17.00 buffet. The omelet station staff made a great omelet to order with fresh ingredients, but there was nothing special about the other pre-prepared buffet items.

Within walking distance to Disney Springs with many restaurant choices. Convenient bus shuttles to Disney parks every half-hour. Very clean room. No air freshener - just clean air in a very clean room. Personable and professional hotel staff - no exceptions.

• Queen Tower Room with Lake View

Asked and paid for a Lake View. Room looked on to roofs of other floors. Was very disappointed with view and bearing in mind I last stayed in this Hotel about 6 weeks ago I felt as a returning customer I should have received what I paid for.

Beds were very comfortable.

• King Room with Lake View

The pillows were very soft, bed was comfortable. Room was clean, smelled nice and air condotioning worked good. Busy place but nice hotel. Valet took a while to get our car.

• Standard Tower Two Queen Beds- Disability Access

This might sound bad because I love a friendly person but some of the staff were a little "too friendly" and didn't know when to back off with conversation often making it uncomfortable and keeping us from moving along.

The beds were AWESOME! The decor pleasing to the eye. The facilities were nice and very clean. The amenities were great and had lots of storage to put things away. We were very pleased with the restaurant buffet as well and the safety of the hotel with the key cards and hotel elevator. Also, the pool was fantastic and huge. You're not on top of others and my child loved it. I will be returning for sure.

• Queen Tower Room with Lake View

The price you offered was the same as hotel and booking through you I could not get my points for my stay since I booked through you. The price was the same so I will probably check (compare pricing) and if the same book through hotel instead of you guys to get my points.

Location of Hotel

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

• Queen Tower Room with Disney View

Beds were so comfortable. Nice clean room. Loved the pool area. Nice having a bar by the pool. Lots of room for personal groups at the pool. Very helpful staff. Close to the parks.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

• Queen Tower Room with Disney View

I paid extra for a room to view the fireworks. I was on the 8th floor and could barely see the top of fireworks. So technically I saw them but with a very obstructive view.

Shuttle bus to the parks was nice. Easy walk to Disney springs for meals.

• Queen Tower Room with Lake View

How you get to the pool. Prices of breakfast

Breakfast with disney characters On site shop shuttle buses to resort How close disney springs is.

• Standard Tower Two Queen Beds

front desk never called us to let us know are room was ready like they said they would so we hung around until check in time then waited for 20 min with everyone else to check in we also wanted a room on one of the higher floors and we got a room on the 7th floor looking at the roof

• Queen Tower Room with Disney View

Hidden costs not properly displayed when you book. I prepaid thinking I paid it all and had a $105 extra charge. They do not do that at Best Westren down the street. Doors are heavy and slam at all hours of the night. You should have a way to keep the door from slamming. I see a child's fingers getting caught in the door as well.

• King Room with Lake View

The only thing that was negative was the room was quite hot when we first got to it 79 degrees so we lowered the thermostat, got ready to leave for our evening. Got back to the room at midnight, and the room was still hot at 77degrees. Was a warm night of sleep, and only lowered to 73 by the time we woke up. This wouldn't have been such a big deal if it weren't in the 90's outside, like it was.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

• Queen Tower Room with Disney View

The coffee makers in the room leave a lot to be desired,and the amount of coffee and creamer that is provided is very small.If you like an early cuppa be prepared to use room service!

The location is excellent(short walk from Disney Springs,over a bridge)and near the main attractions, such as Disneyworld,Epcot,etc. The room was excellent because we could see the fireworks going off in the parks at night(tower room).The bed was very comfy,and had really good pillows.

• King Room with Lake View

Daily parking charge of $12. No breakfast included in the price.

Great location. Short stroll to Disney Springs. Free shuttle to all Walt Disney parks. Clean and comfortable rooms.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

• Standard Tower Two Queen Beds

The staff in charge of the Wyndham vacation package promised us a 1 and 1/2 hrs of a talk about there program and no pressure. 4 hours later we left very dissatisfied and insulted the way we were treated. Quote " calm down miss , set off the ledge and you didn't come here for nothing ". How dare someone talk down to me. Also took way to long to get our answers to our questions. Would I recommend your hotel or package vacation program,,,, not likely.

The accommodations were fine. The staff was very polite.

• Queen Tower Room with Disney View

They sold wine in the hotel shop but had no corkscrews in the room. When we asked reception they said they didn't have any and were a little rude about it.

Nice and close to Disneyworld Parks. Regular shuttles made travel easy.

• Queen Tower Room with Lake View

Housekeeping was inconsistent; on several occasions they forgot to replenish bathroom amenities and left pillows on the floor. Bathroom ceilings are very low and the shower head is at eye level, so good luck if you are above 1,70mts tall. Guest relations could be improved, the staff always seemed to be in a hurry to get you out of their way as fast as they could; they were rather busy during our visit but still, guest relations should always be on point nonetheless.

The beds were very comfortable and provided great rest after full days of walking the theme parks. Staff was accommodating; location is extremely good as Disney Springs is less than 3 minutes walk from the hotel. Valet Parking is great and efficient, we never waited more than 5 minutes for our car to be delivered. Transportation to Disney Parks was on schedule but it does take around half an hour to get anywhere. Make sure you book the correct room type as they have both the tower and "Garden" properties in the same resort.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

• Queen Tower Room with Disney View

The shuttle bus never arrived one day for water park

Location was fantastic short walk to disney springs, character breakfast was good staff friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Nothing at all!

This was our 3rd visit to the hotel and as previous stay's there is nothing I can fault. The location is great for Disney Springs. We will definitely be back.