Reviews of Regency Inn at San Francisco Airport 2 stars

411 San Bruno Avenue East, San Bruno, CA 94066, USA

#7 of 12 hotels in San Bruno

Convenient location, clean and comfortable.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Steep price for a simple motel room, but economical relative to other accommodation in San Francisco. Americans will see the breakfast as normal but others will see it as dismal (for example, every hotel has the same 2 or 3 unhealthy over-sweetened cereals). Worse of all, in 2018 with such heightened awareness of environmental issues, it is shocking that every US motel of this standard uses disposable bowls, plates, cups etc. To see that amount of plastic/polystyrene thrown into the trash day in, day out in every hotel is criminal.

Very convenient to get to from airport after a long flight. Room clean and functional. Extremely friendly welcome. Airport noise is loud but expected so can't complain. Short drive to San Bruno BART for a ride into the heart of the city (ideal for one day but would want to be closer if spending several days)

Great for retuning a rental car to SFO.

The breakfast wasn't much and the wifi was spotty, the only place out of four where I had trouble. It's a bit old, but I didn't mind that because we didn't stay long.

I rented here because it's very close to the car rental return at SFO (like five minutes!) It was a bit small but the staff were very good about answering my questions. It was a little expensive for its size and age, but I'm sure that's because of its convenient location.

A very disappointing motel
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The website advertises free airport shuttle but after waiting for more than 1/2 hr, I called the motel only to find out that they only provide transport from motel to airport but not the other way round. Hence, I have to take a taxi to the motel. The next day, I reserved the transport from motel to airport at 8:40am but the vehicle only came around 9:05am. When I accessed the motel wifi, I was told that the network cannot be trusted and hence did not access the wifi.

Nothing special.

We enjoyed the stay and were especially thankful for the staff's help!
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Breakfast room was small, but people usually ate quickly....

The Staff was extra helpful and friendly--they helped us arrange tours and were very accommodating. The hotel was very near the airport, which was so nice---no traffic trying to get to the airport on time. We didn't hear the planes overhead, either!

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Decent Motel located next to the SF airport. Nothing fancy, but perfect for one night.

Just like all the other hotels and motels where we stayed in the USA, poor breakfast. Don't expect too much. Not like European breakfast.

Decent Motel very close to the airport and rental car return point. We stayed here the last night before going back home. Located in San Bruno, a suburb of SF located next to the airport of SF

Too expensive
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The lady at the reception was not very welcoming. We felt like beggars asking for a free place to sleep. Another lady forgot our airport transfer in the very early morning. Fortunately we always calculate some extra time when going to an airport. But she did not even appologize and said she called several times on phone, which was simply not true. The airport noise is pretty intense.

The motel would be OK for a lower price. But for this price it is simply not good enough, too noisy and the staff is just not trained to be polite. However, the bed was comfortable and the shower good. The breakfast was OK, but the breakfast room is tiny and we had to wait until a table was free.

Overall it was clean and great value for the area.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

After the 1st night we stayed, we came back to the room that was uncleaned. The used towels were taken, but not replenished and the beds were not made. Also housekeeping took the tip we left on the desk. But they did respond quickly when we called the front desk to mention this matter. The front desk staff were not that friendly. My husband asked for assistance using the public transportation in the area and she was very vague with assistance.

The beds were very comfortable.

Basic, but clean and the beds are comfortable. Nice people working there.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Very close to SFO ! Downside of being this close to SFO is: Very noisy because of all the airplanes flying overhead at night. Some traffic noise as well. Use earplugs, and you can sleep. No earplugs, no sleep.

Clean, very nice staff, breakfast very basic, but ok. Good beds. Very close to SFO. BART station about 15-20 minutes walk, takes you into San Francisco. Free parking.

Near SFO Airport;
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The booking site indicated free shuttle fm Inn to airport but it’s not true. They just make transport arrangement

Near SFO Airport; Clean and comfortable room; Good breakfast and it’s free; Near convenience stores.

Nice motel, but bad bed.

Bed was worn out and lumpy. Hard to sleep on, and I was exhausted. This is my only major criticism of the place. Otherwise staff helpful, shuttle to the airport fine.

Desk clerk was very gracious and welcoming.

A night at the Regency inn

The overhead lighting was very minimal, you had to use the other lamps next to the beds for sufficient light. The tv had some color deviations, the screen was mostly green and red.

Very comfortable bed, good service of the staff, close to the airport, very good price/quality ratio.

First room heater was broken and made a loud noise when on,...

First room heater was broken and made a loud noise when on, but was luckily able to move to another room because it was not fully booked. Rooms are terribly loud from airlines flying overhead all night! There’s no sound isolation. It feels like the room was shaking every time an airplane went by.

Noisy but convenient

The noise from the airport, airplanes, train,cars,I could hear the people from the office, because they put me in a room right above the office.

Near the freeway to get on to head to my destination and near the mall and restaurants

Close to San Bruno Caltrain, easy to reach the airport.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Not a lot of shopping options in the immediate vicinity. Careful: they use magstripe cards which are in a bad condition. While they do use highly reliable HiCo cards, they tend to be easily deleted. A sign for maintenance issue. Explaining to them, how hotel magstripe cards work, does not help. Lack of technical understanding unfortunately. They will blame the customer however if the card gets deleted. Noise isolation is a little problem due to departing planes.

The location is good. A few bus stops from the airport people mover and in walking distance to San Bruno Caltrain station. San Bruno BART is also still in range, around 20 minutes to walk. There you can find a big shopping center including but not limited to Best Buy, Target, fast food chains an more. They also have a free airport shuttle which is really quick.

Great pre-SFO stopover!!

Stairs with heavy luggage to carry...Further from BART than we thought but definitely walkable.

Near airport and free shuttle in a gorgeous Mercedes. Comfortable king bed. Lots of channels on rather complicated tv. Nice towels. Bathroom fan and tub. Very good “continental” breakfast for a small hotel: hard boiled egg, waffle maker, yogurt etc... Nice staff...perfect for our needs.

It was a good stay for the purpose we need to stay close to the airport.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

No place for the pet to go potty. Good thing we brought some of our pads.

It is truly very close to SFO International Airport. We were there in less than 5 mins. Pet friendly hotel.

Decent place to stay. Just keep your shoes on in the room.

The floor was so dirty. It made all of my socks black!

Simple breakfast but convenient location to bart, cal train, sfo airport and the tanforan mall. Big rooms.

The room itself was very nice.

The hotel is directly under the flight path of planes taking off from SFO. I got used to the sound but I imagine there are some people who wouldn't like it at all.

The room itself was very nice. Having a refrigeration and microwave oven really helped make me comfortable.

Chosen for convenience to Station - a big mista- a few dollars for a tax would be well used!

No lift, no early breakfast, unsafe and busy surrounds.

We chose a place near the bus station at a reduced rate. The bed was comfortable and the room clean.

Good room, witnessed what was inexcusable upon checking-out and it didn't start my morning well

Witnessed what I can only amount to a violation of civil rights. While checking-out there were 2 ladies in front of me attempting to check-in, and were refused a room because the clerk said they appeared high on marijuana. Police are required to maintain certification to assess this, in my state every 6-months, yet this desk clerk is able to refuse service based on her amateur judgement. I don't personally believe they were high, and they protested it, but they were dressed in such a way that would suggest they used drugs. I felt the clerk was judging me for such things when I checked in, and I could hardly believe it. The hotel is plastered with references to marijuana and their strict enforcement of not smoking in rooms. I've written the San Francisco Chapter of the ACLU in regards to this incident.

Clean rooms, newer furnishings

The location, quality and facilities made this a great choise for a short stay.

Difficult to find fault just perhaps a little noise from planes flying over but we wanted it close to airport.

ideal location just 15 minutes from SFO airport and very easy access to city centre via the BART train network. Comfortable room and bed and extremely good breakfast. Very friendly and helpful staff. I would strongly recommend this Motel.

Good standard American motel, a little less noisy than expected

Airport is very close, so expect some noise, but during the night there were very few planes so this did not really impact our sleeping. We prepared with earplugs but could sleep just fine without them.

Good breakfast, clean & comfy room, this is a standard American motel for a good price. Suburban railway is a good 10-15 minute walk and the ride is an additional 30-40 minutes, so calculate with 1 hour transit time to downtown San Francisco.

Hotel close to San Francisco airport - lovely overnight stay

A friendly welcome awaits at this hotel. Our room was clean and comfortable and we enjoyed our overnight stay. This hotel is very close to San Francisco airport. We had a hire car which we returned in the evening and walked back to the hotel. A free airport shuttle service is provided and that worked out really well considering we had an early start the following morning. Wifi worked well and was free. Close to New York Pizza (only just down the road) where pizza 🍕 is very good. Would recommend this hotel and would stay again if ever in the area.

The white clean bedding brighten my visit.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Nothing, I am coffee drinker and I like good coffee but I also understand that most hotel do not have good coffee like Starbucks or Seattle coffee. So no big deal.

The white clean bedding brighten my visit. The friendly staff at the front desk, both the lady that check us in and check out. The entire facility were very clean and look fairly new. Btw, we felt like at home when we were there. Thanks for keeping it clean.

I will definitely try to stay here every time I travel out of SFO.

The managers were awesome! They even helped me carry my luggage and brought a cup of tea to my room! Genuinely nice, thoughtful people. The room was very pleasant and the parking spaces were large enough for my rented van.

Breakfast Ok but always the same thing so got a little...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Far too noisy : we were expecting a little noise from the airport but the main road in front of the hotel was a worse problem. Endless traffic night and day could be heard from inside the room. It stopped us getting a good night's sleep.

Breakfast Ok but always the same thing so got a little boring after 2 days. Beds comfy.

nothing special

staff asked 5 dollars per bag to store them for us for a couple of hours after checkout. I have been in many hotels but was never charged for storing bags before.

close to airport and public transport

San Francisco
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It may be difficult for some people to get luggage to second floor-no elevator.

Helpful staff -made recommendations on restaurants travelling to and from San fran

Think of at a bad Best Westtern.

If you Have to find a cheap'ish pLace to spend one night it's ok.

The hotel by its self it was a cheap motel, at SFO, so Not cheap! Room was not clean, hairs in the bath and the grout was black. Plenty of towels but one tiny bar of soap. I have stayed in many low cost motels over my many years of travels, so I would place this motel in the middle of the cheap hotels I have had the miss fortune to stray in.

Friendly and convenient
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There was some noise from aircraft and an adjacent busy road; however these matters are out of the control of the property and were bearable.

Friendly and helpful staff, tasty breakfast, roomy suite, comfortable bed, good facilities in the room. The property was also within walking distance of the BART, CALTrain and a major shopping centre.

Clean, comfortable and convenient

Noisy roadside location.

The hotel/motel was very convenient for San Francisco Airport - the hire car drop-off was just at the end of the road. The room and the breakfast room were both spotless. Staff were very attentive and it was good value for money

Clean and well located to airport
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The carpeting was the exception to the general cleanliness. Pet deodorizer smell in room.

VERY clean with comfortable beds. Great pillows. Rooms in nice condition. Convenient location close to the airport. Nice staff. Good coffee available at check in.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

Good value for the money. Property is maintained well for the price.

Although it was acceptable for improvements, the breakfast could have had a little more variety. Add bananas besides the apples. They are typically cheaper too so this shouldn't increase the cost. Add something like a bagel or donuts besides just bread.

Bed was comfortable. Room was clean. Staff was courteous. You can walk to it from BART. Neighborhood is better than downtown. Convenient to the airport.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

Looks can be deceiving.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The room was spacious, bed was comfortable and we liked the big TV, clothes iron, microwave,fridge and coffeemaker. Plus breakfast began at 6:00am. Also, lots of free parking. Being on a busy road and in a somewhat business area, I worried about safety and noise. Plus our room was just 1 door and stairwell from the street. Actually though, the street noise was not a problem and we never saw anything to make us fearful. The grounds were well lit and someone was on duty 24/7. The location was excellent. Easy drive to SFO and easy access to freeways going into S.F. and Oakland.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

Clean and comfortable

Was close to the airport (maybe a little too close if you're not flying). The bed was clean and comfortable. The room was spacious. Not the Hilton, but not bad either.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

I would highly recomment this hotel.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The room was a nice size and the beds and pillow were very comfortable. Plenty of space to lay out toiletries. It's location for our needs was excellent - practically next door to the airport, very close to a major mall and within a block of CalTrain to go into San Francisco proper. Would stay there again.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

A Well Maintained Hotel Close (perhaps too close) to SFO Airport

This hotel has one issue that is NOT its fault–its right under one of the main flightpaths for San Francisco Airport. I used ear plugs, which lessened the noise impact somewhat.

Very comfortable bed and good bathroom. Plenty of room, with a spare table for eating and organizing. Friendly, helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

Friendly staff, very helpful on airport shuttle arrangements
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I couldn't get the wifi to connect on my phone or kindle. The screen to confirm connection would not come up.

The breakfast was good. The shuttle service to the airport was fantastic

A great place to stay....well-lit and a welcoming haven!
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The night time staff member was very friendly and reassuring that my vehicle would be safe. I arrived very tired, late at night with my dog....she was very welcoming.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

Good for stay near the airport.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It is noisy - the highway next door, the street in front of the house, the airplanes directly overhead. For vacation not ideal, for a short stay it is okay.

The location is perfect - 5 minutes to the airport. Free shuttle is convenient. The staff is extra helpful. BART and Caltrain are around the corner.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

Complimentary airport shuttle (which also brings you to the...

Complimentary airport shuttle (which also brings you to the car rentals if you want), rooms were clean and comfortable, groceries within a five minutes walking radius

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

Convenient to airport and clean

Trains, planes and automobiles - it is in a noisy location but can't be helped when this close to the airport and freeway. We still slept well, though.

We arrived at the airport late at night, rented a car, and found this place very quickly as it is very conveniently located to the airport. The neighbourhood is what you expect, but the hotel was clean, staff were pleasant, and breakfast was fine. Price-wise it was as good as it gets around the airport. If you are looking for a standard type of hotel that offers convenience to the airport and is clean, this meets the criteria.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

Comfortable, close to the airport, but expensive.

The price is high. We did not feel safe walking around the hotel after dark. Hotel only provides "shuttle" to the airport but surprisingly not from the airport which we did not know.

The room is better than anticipated. The hotel is within walking distance to the airport.

Close to airport.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Very noisy. Paper thin walls. Children running around all night. Airplanes were expected but this was crazy loud.

Close to airport.

Very enjoyable.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Usual breakfast, but well presented and plenty of it.

Cleanliness and Mercedes ride to airport.

Pillows are too thin.

Cleanliness and Mercedes ride to airport.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Close to our needs. Good rate. Good nights sleep. Convenient parking.

No comments. We liked it

Comfortable bed. Nice size room. Great staff.

Clean room, convenient location to SFO
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Remove and replace the old carpeting.

Clean room, comfortable bed and pillow

noisy

noisy

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

No shuttle service from airport despiteits name is airport...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

No shuttle service from airport despiteits name is airport hotel. That is misleading. This is just a normal motel

Convenient Inn close to airport with flexible aiport transport service

Minor leak around water tap in washroom.

Location to airport, and efficient transport service to airport.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Close to the airport
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Carpet had some stains in different parts of the room

Close to the airport

Everything was to our liking.

Everything was to our liking. We will definitely return.

Best location if you need to take an early flight from SFO
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

No ride from the airport.

Very close to SFO, free ride to the airport, free breakfast.

breakfast was so poor

breakfast was so poor

Near airport

Don't provide main meals, yet no major hotels close. You have to prompt help to carry bags up the stairs ☹

Near airport

There waffle machine made some good waffles

Everything was great

There waffle machine made some good waffles

Great customer service from front desk!
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Great customer service from front desk!

Great place.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It was little loud from the street and the planes.

Friendly staff, clean room and very comfortable bed.

Close to the airport.

Nothing particular.

Close to the airport. Nice people.

Close to airport, great for one-night stay.

Included breakfast was skimpy.

Lots of restaurants nearby.

Very noisy with traffic and flights

I enjoyed it.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I enjoyed it. Everything was good. Beds nice, clean, breakfast had options .

Beds were comfortable, short drive into SF, easy freeway...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Just a little noise from the planes

Beds were comfortable, short drive into SF, easy freeway access

Convenient for over night stay after a long trip..
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The towels are dirty looking.

Location near the airport and parking facilities.

Good.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Pillows are too hard and flat.

Bring your own towels & toiletries

Old towels, no toiletries

Pet friendly

Close to the airport. Nice for a sleepover.

Close to the airport.

great comfy rooms

great location and comfy beds

Close to the airport but not too noisy.

Heater ran continuously (thermostat broken).

Close to the airport but not too noisy.

Great location for overnight layover Clean room Good basic breakfast

Close to airport

Noisy. Bright lights.

Close to airport

Good location to the rental car center and terminals.

Good location to the rental car center and terminals. Simple and cheap