Reviews of Relax Inn & Suites El Cajon 2 stars

#13 of 15 hotels in El Cajon

6.2

6.1

• Standard King Room

Everything this place is a dump and should be torn down.

I will never stay here again this place is a dump. The carpet was dirty the bathroom fixtures were rusty the walls are dirty and had drip marks everywhere looks like the place hasn't been maintained in years.

The internet stopped working I had a weird smell TVs were out there the blankets on the bed had in them holes. Carpet was dirty no coffee room needed more towels. Over priced room.

That I was close to a lot of businesses.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The air conditioner didn't cool at all . The room was very hot and humid . There was only warm and hot water to shower with which sucks since it was a hot day and the room was hotter .

Front desk personal were very nice . There is a Denny's right next door .

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

• Standard Queen Room

facitity was old and shabby. Bathroom felt grubby, worn and tired. Towels were very thin. Cheapest possible toilet paper and soap. Poor lighting, no convenient access to plug in mobile charger

good strong and hot shower internet access friendly check-in

• Reviewed: 29 June 2016

• Standard King Room

The mattress was very hard as were the pillows. Very uncomfortable to sleep on. The water pressure for the shower was very low and barely enough to get yourself wet. The décor seems that from a 1970s Good Housekeeping magazine and the comforter felt like sandpaper.

The staff was very professional and courteous. It's in a nice location, across the street from two convenient stores as well as a 24 hour restaurant and in the same parking lot as another 24 hour restaurant.

• Standard King Room

Did not like that we had to share parking with Dennis next door.

Beds were comfortable. Room could've needed a little more attention.

• Standard Queen Room

Just one housekeeper was very rude. Talking loud. Woke me up. And was cussing in Spanish.

I like the area. It was clean!

Mo

• Standard Queen Room

I've stayed here before and I find it quiet and clean. Most important, because I travel alone, I feel safe here.

The room To noise

The only like is the restaurant next to the hotel plus the 10% off

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Sparkling pool and Dennys restaurant footsteps away.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Standard Queen Room

Bathroom flush wasn't working. Shower water pressure was v slow

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Bathroom door doesn't lock.

Close to convince stores. There is a Denny's restaurant and easy access to freeways.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

• Standard Queen Room

I loved how the staff was so welcoming. Rooms were very nice

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The rooms had a awful smell and did not look well keep. We rather lose money than stay.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

The staff was e remely rude

• Reviewed: 23 March 2016

My kids and I were in the area visiting friends for a weekend. Despite multiple "no smoking" signs on the property and in the contract, the room reeked of cigarettes and weed. Not where I would have wanted to stay with my kids, but I know other hotels in the area are worse. The room was over-priced. I paid the same amount two weeks prior at the Holiday Inn in La Mesa and had a beautiful and clean room (unfortunately they were sold out during this trip).

Close to the freeway. Same parking lot as Denny's and across the street from 7-11 and Sombrero's Mexican Food.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2015

There was odd people quite suspicious looking standing outside and walking by the room we were staying in. Also, the room was very dirty and nothing was up to date. Also, the doors nearly closed shut & the door had a slight crack and you can hear everyone walking and talking outside.dint like the fact that there was an odd safe in the room either. Area must not be in good standing at all when I seen that.

Only thing okay was that it was right off the freeway.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2015

They didn't have a coffee maker as listed. When I asked, they found one, but didn't have any cups suitable for hot liquids. So we went across Main St and the 7-11 gave us two. Fortunately, I had tea bags with me. The motel does not offer breakfast--this was listed. But one can get it at the Denny's.

It has a Denny's in the same parking lot.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2015

This hotel is disgusting!! The lobby smelt like curry and had no air in it and to top it off had no complimentary coffee....the prices for this place were up there in price and the rooms sucked. They were dirty....smelly and scarey....hopefully we have no bed bugs....

• Reviewed: 27 October 2015

The hotel needs revamping and needs to be cleaned. If you are going to charge going rates for a nice hotel then it should be nice. Ifound a spider crawling on my pillow when I turned down my bedding. The box spring mattress has no dust ruffle on it so it is exposed to everything. The carpet is dirty along with all the furniture. The toilet had a wooden fixture behind it because the porcelain fixture must of broke. This hotel is nasty.......

• Reviewed: 5 September 2015

Bed sheet were stained red, my oldest 2 sons checked in a day early and reported the stain to me. When my wife called the clerk wanted to switch rooms them charge more for our stay. When we disputed the charges and no agreement was reached the clerk then said if our sons were out within 10 minutes he would issue a refund. We didn't stay there and glad we didn't after all, it was an upsetting experience to say the least. We traveled from Phoenix to San Diego and our 2 oldest had just checked in when all this happened.

I liked the fact that we got a full refund.

• Reviewed: 18 July 2015

The telephone didn't work. The air conditioning smelled. The advertisement of the room said a flat screen Tv but instead it was a little old box tv. The bathroom had mirrow had big crack in the window. And the fridge and microwave could not be plugged up at the same time in order to work. Not worth $80

The hotel is in a good location. The stores and restaurants around are 24hrs. The room is a nice since and the furniture is useful.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2015

Beds very a little stiff to my liking. Toilet tank took about 10 minutes to refill.

Very clean for being an older motel. Pool was convenient and restaurant 100 ft away. Freeway entrance just a minute away.

• Reviewed: 8 July 2015

The phone call to make sure we were coming... we already paid so leave us alone. Didn't like the rock hard bed and the wooden toilet seat top, kinda ghetto

It was clean...

• Reviewed: 5 July 2015

No coffee in room or lobby. No phone book in room or lobby. Bedding was full of cigarette burn holes. Spilled a drink on the bedspread, told maid about it, she made the bed up and didn't change the spread. Gross. The bathroom did not have a tub, just a small shower stall without a shelf or anywhere to put toiletries, and the stall door would not stay closed. I ran out of toilet paper, partial roll to begin with. No hangers for clothes. Parking taken up by Denny's overflow customers, sign on property said that too. Ugh. Cigarette butts under stairs not cleaned up in the 4 days I stayed there.

The bed itself was comfortable. The air conditioning worked.

• Reviewed: 25 June 2015

Asked maid for a rollaway, she said she had some avail. But u had to ask front desk, I did & manager said they didn't have any avail. Didn't wanna throw her under the bus , so I let it go.

On a budget with big family, enough money left over to visit many attractions in San Diego.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2015

Didnt have requested smoking room available. Had to go outside to smoke and freeway noise outside room extremely loud.

Easy access to freeway. Clean, quiet, comfortable room. Free wifi & free parking.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2016

Manager got on my case about visitors an said he was taking my deposit but no where on contract it said anything about no visitors

Nice

• Reviewed: 15 May 2016

They charged for room deposit. That is not settling right with me. I just want customer's to beware of it.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2016

Dirty room. Bad neighborhood. Stinky. Furniture broken. Old TV. Stiff beds.

Easy access from freeway

• Reviewed: 16 February 2016

Blow up the Holidays weekend rates too much for the facility which is poor .

Staff services

• Reviewed: 31 January 2016

Noise

Freeway access

• Reviewed: 14 December 2015

It was conveniently located next to Denny's for meals. It had a comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2015

uncomfortable mattress

• Reviewed: 25 October 2015

not enough parking

• Reviewed: 11 October 2015

Bar

Pool

• Reviewed: 16 July 2015

I know it's a 2-star inn, but the facility is very old, and not clean. I would not recommend this inn to the family with children.

• Reviewed: 8 July 2015

Room was gross. Motel was booked due to 4th of July so wasn't given a choice of a different room or for the room to be cleaned more thoroughly.

• Reviewed: 18 June 2015

The dennys next door

• Reviewed: 24 May 2015

In the morning they were very loud and would not let me rest they were very rude to my children and I

Nothing, I will not be going back.

• Reviewed: 17 February 2015

I did not have a key card that worked and had to constantly go to the desk so that someone could let me in.

The bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 17 February 2015

I didn't like that the smoking room was penetrated with the smell as well as the towels.

The location was walking distance to restaurants.

• Reviewed: 17 February 2015

old,rundown, staff rude. This place sucks.

It was close to freeways

There are also 3 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.