Reviews of Renaissance Nashville Hotel 4 stars

611 Commerce Street, Nashville, TN 37203, USA

#22 of 162 hotels in Nashville

Clean

I thought I booked a king bed when I seen it was 2 queens I called the hotel directly to switch it it the front desk girl was extremely rude! She said it would be switched and when we got there I was told it was to late! Then the room we got we were given was next to executive suite where you can get free snacks and drinks. The amount of door slamming was CRAZY! They had ear plugs on the night stand now I know why! Having to use ear plugs at a hotel to sleep is ridiculous but I had to use them it helped a bit but not much! The amount of money we spent and it was my husbands birthday what a disappointment! I would NOT recommend this hotel at all!

Clean

I didn’t like I had budgeted for the amount that was shown...

I didn’t like I had budgeted for the amount that was shown to me on booking.com and then when I got to the hotel they said there would be another $100 fee. Although it will be put back on my card, it was inconvienent because I had to sit in the lobby and wait for money to transfer in to my account. This info was nowhere on Booking. so just for future reference, budget for an extra $100 fee.

Close to everything.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Bed with City View

Lobby construction took away from the overall look but cant wait to see when finished. Hoped for more on the bar area. But, overall great stay.

Close to everything.

Excellent Location!

I didn't know that it was under construction. It was kind of loud and hard to navigate. It wasn't a great experience for the price. The pool deck was rather dirty and no attendants on hand to change out towels and chair covers. We had to tell new guests which chairs were available because they all looked taken. No poolside service and it was brutally hot and hard to get ice. Our ice machine was out of ice on our floor.

The beds were super comfy and the location was fabulous. The restaurant was great and all of the employees were super friendly and helpful.

Met some nice guy here and really enjoyed a great time in...

The breakfast is not good enough. The fries tastes good but the burger just not bad.

Met some nice guy here and really enjoyed a great time in Renaissance!

GREAT!!!!

OUR FRIENDS PAYED AROUND 187.OO A NITE WHILE WE PAYED 300.00 FOR THE SAME DAY'S. I WOULD OF CANCELED AND REBOOKED BUT I WAS AFRAID WE WOULD BE CHARGED TWICE!!!!!!! I NOTICED THE CHANGES A LITTLE LATE, BUT I KNOW I WON'T BOOK EARLY ANY MORE, THIS IS NOT FAIR!!!!!

The location was perfect for the event that we were...

For the price, there could be more amenities included such as free parking and breakfast. The room was a little small. Unfortunately, the restaurant was being renovated while we were there. We ended up eating in the bar, which was okay, but not the experience I was hoping for.

The location was perfect for the event that we were attending. The hotel was clean. The staff was friendly.

Good location but overly priced and in need of some refurbishment.
    • King Room - City View

The hotel was supposed to be rated 5* we did not feel it warranted this rating because of the facilities. We were not told about construction work next to hotel that effected use of the outside terrace where pool area is. The pool looked tired and in need of complete refurb The hotel has a sprawling layout with lots of empty space. The interior of the hotel look tired in parts with dirty curtains and walls. Our room was ok but not anything special Considering cost we were overly dissapointed.

The location of the hotel was good being close to all the bars and restaurants and riverfront.

Had better experiences with free breakfast buffets with stays that were complimentary.

Noisy all night me lots of road noise even though I was on the 18th floor. The pillows were terrible. I think should have more restaurant choices at this hotel.

Very clean, comfy & nice smelling hotel
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Bed with City View

That it was half under construction. I also wish there was a better outdoor lounge & pool area.

The room was comfy & clean. We had the best view of the Broadway. Staff was nice & warm. Wish there was an outdoor pool & bigger outdoor lounge area with music & bar. But other than that everything else was very nice.

Exceeded my expectations. I would return.

Very professional staff at check in: when booking through a third party like Booking.com, front desk personnel don't always proactively make sure that your loyalty number/status is entered into your reservation and perks applied accordingly. I appreciated how the staff in this hotel took care of that without me having to ask or bring it up.

We were extremely disappointed with our stay.

Extremely overpriced. When I booked they didn’t say anything about the reconstruction going on. Other guests were rowdy and loud in the hallway every night we stayed. There was mold on the ceiling above the shower. We ordered 2 brownies and 2 kid sized cartons of milk it was $30. The food at The Bridge was mediocre but prices were like a 5 star restaurant. When we come back next year will we not be booking here. The Omni hits you guys out of the park.

The convenience and location.

very thin walls, could hear the couple next door. food crumbs on the floor makes me worry

the front desk was not friendly when i arrived. our room was clean, except for food crumbs on the floor by the bed by the window and there was a room service form left filled out, on our nightstand. staff at restaurant not super friendly, not clear if you seat yourself or wait to be seated.

the view was nice and the food at the restaurant was good. parking attendants outside were very helpful in explaining my parking options, helped me back out to self park. Very nice

Loved the hotel being close to downtown!

nothing is included. The Wi-Fi is pay per 24hrs, The breakfast that booking.com claimed was included was not and actually very expensive. The pictures are very deceiving they serve Starbucks products but not actual Starbucks in the hotel. Would stay again, but only for the convenience.

Loved the hotel being close to downtown! Staff was beyond helpful, so willing to help. And the food in The Bridge was great!

It stunk

See above

I was quoted a price of $325/night and was charged &100 over that with no parking, no explanation of why I was overcharged, a hold of over $50 on my room in case I used other amenities (huh?) explained over charge as “you must’ve drank a bottled water in the room”. Total rip off - I will share with all my friends traveling to Louisville. As big of a rip off as Ticketmaster! Not happy at all and no one cared

Nothing en particular.

Great location The room was spacious and modern. Bed was fluffy Love hotel design Crossway to parking lot was very convenient

Great residence during our RockNRoll Marathon adventure

Softer towels

Ease of communication and quick responses. Super comfy beds. Housekeeping extra accommodating and nice to boot! Great views from our room. Fun selfie machine in the lobby.

This is a great hotel and will stay here again when I return to Nashville.

There was construction nearby that woke us up earlier than desired. However, that was obviously out of the control of the hotel.

The location, room, and overall experience were fantastic.

Nashville trip

As in other reviews, there was some noise pollution from the outside street but it was minimal on our floor due to the height . Complimentary earplugs were a bonus.

The hotel was clean, staff was excellent overall we were very pleased with our stay and would return.

Nothing like a housekeeper who speaks no English walking into the bathroom with you naked...

Housekeeping was awful. When I complained, nothing was done. Housekeeper who spoke no English did not clean the room at first, then when told not to come in, came in anyway to find me naked in the bathroom. Paying over 400.00/night with no cleaning of the room for two days and invasion of privacy...will not be back!!!!

good, but beware of morons keying cars in designated parking lot

I did not valet. I parked in the suggested area in the lot connected to the hotel. We got up early and drove straight to Biscuit Love a half hour ( or less) away. It was upon leaving my car to go into eat breakfast that I found my car was keyed almost the entire length. It wasn't there when I parked for the night. It isn't just a surface scratch, very disappointed that it will need a paint job and not a rub out.

very nice decore, I work at a hotel so I notice the finishes more than most

Slept like I was at home

The price was a little steep but after seeing the hotel, and the location in regards to our venue, we could not complain at all.

We were greeted with smiles from everyone on the staff from the moment we walked in the door. The room was impeccable upon our arrival. Neither my partner and I are big fans of heights so upon our request the front desk representative changed our room to a lower floor with no issue. Room service was much faster than we were told. The food and overall atmosphere throughout the entire hotel was phenomenal. The bartender at the Bridge was extremely attentive and helpful with directions around Nashville. Our concert venue was less than a block away. We were less than a block from the Nashville "Honky Tonk Highway" but heard nothing through the night, the hotel even provided ear plugs if that was an issue. Overall, I would definitely consider staying at this hotel or other Renaissance hotels.

Clean and excellent location

Huge problems with elevators in the morning. After 15 min. Waiting we needed to take the stairs, 9 floors carrying our baggage.

Clean and excellent location

We enjoyed being able to walk easily to broad and Bridgestone.

The room doors are very thin or have gaps letting in lots of noise. I heard the phone from another room ringing through our door and then the person talking. The tv had a small channel selection. Netflix and Hulu are offered, if you can remember your account password.

Beds were comfortable, room was clean, nice modern touches. Walking distance to the fun!

Birthday girls trip was a blast in Nashvilllle!

The fitness centre was fantastic, pool and hot tub awesome!! Enjoyed the Bridge one night and had yummy devilled eggs and drinks. There was also a nice band playing there. Staff was friendly throughout the hotel. The beds were nice and comfy.

The bed and bedding were exceptionally comfortable.

Banging construction noise outside property that started early Saturday morning was not ideal.

The bed and bedding were exceptionally comfortable. Earplugs with explanation card provided by hotel was a very nice touch, but also feel the soundproofing construction was definitely above average. For the money, a bottled water supply (at least a starter) should be included. Views from higher floor toward Broadway were really great.

Superb Hotel, Top Notched!

No dislikes at all! Superb service!

Beautiful hotel! Perfect location, walking distance to most Nashville festivities! Staff was absolutely wonderful. The moment we arrived and checked in, the bellhop had us go on up to our room and he would be there momentarily with our luggage. Barely 5 minutes after we entered our room, are luggage arrive, he placed all of our items in the room. We ordered food to our room that night, 25 minutes later it was here! Delicious food! Breakfast was of of this world! We are already booking for March at the Renaissance! I highly highly recommend this hotel to all!

Sev in the bar area next to check in gave exceptional...

Toilet paper dispenser in room very difficult to reach Should be moved! Starbucks did not stay open long enough- should be open at least until 9 pm each day Starbucks has no caffeine free coffee after 6 pm

Sev in the bar area next to check in gave exceptional service!

We would love to come back!

Starbucks would be open later in the evening to satisfy those late night cravings of wanting a hot cup of tea/coffee and a baked item.

Location was wonderful - walking distance to most of what we wanted to see! Very handy having Starbucks in the lobby for a quick breakfast or a snack during the day. Loved that there were soooo many elevators! We rarely waited for more than a minute to get on one!

Great location to have a fun , special weekend.

We stay on New Year’s Eve so we were not in the room much at all. There is a lot of construction going on and some side walks are closed. I would only want to stay on the weekend during construction time.

Loved having Starbucks easily available in the lobby. Only a few hundred yards from The Opry house and from Broadway...Tootsies the Bridgestone Arena.

Overall, great hotel despite the cost. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful.

The price of downtown Nashville and the view overlooking the parking garage with one tiny window left much to be desired.

Room service was excellent. The Bridge was a great cocktail spot. The Starbuck’s in the lobby a lifesaver.

Parking the cards to let you in and out of the ramp would not work. There was aline of cars to get in and out and it made was late for reservations

Fitness room was great.

Fitness room was great. Not the usual two treadmills and a broken cable machine. Also, we asked about restaurant recommendations and a staff member not only told us but drove us over there!

I wouldn’t stay here for full price

The ice machine was down, the bathtub didn’t drain well so I stood in water while I showered, the towels in my room smelled like cooking grease,

Location and staff were awesome! Access to Netflix on the large tv was a nice touch! The hotel appeared to be very modern. I slept great here!

Amazing place to stay

It was so amazing when you first walk in everyone is so nice and everyone is so willing to help with whatever you needed and it felt like royalty plus it was super close to the Bridgestone arena which was great because we didn’t have to drive we just walked over there! The room was beautiful and clean and comfortable and the view we had was marvelous!!!

Valet staff "lost" a charm that was attached to my...

Valet staff "lost" a charm that was attached to my car key. Not of $$ value. Extremely sentimental. Careless or thief... Hotel staff didn't seem to care.

make sure you get a quiet room

Concierge's info was not great. If you're looking for a great music venue for under 21, consider the Listening Room, or any venue for which you have to purchase tickets in advance, as in such cases they provide age information. Most places on Broadway either don't let minors in or kick them out, even with parents between 7-10pm.

there is a lot of construction in the area. request a quiet room away from old convention center construction area. Unfortunately, we received a room where we encountered construction noise at 6am on a Saturday. We did get this fixed by a wonderful hotel representative, Kevin Pickard, who went out of his way to make things right and recognize and take care of our difficulties.

We had a good time in Nashville regardless

See above

For the $485.00 I paid, I couldn’t even get a free coffee in the morning. I thought breakfast was included, I was wrong. The valet changed my radio station in my car, why would they need to do that if they were just parking it??? Again, for $42.00 I expected not to have it taken out and driven, which is what I feel happened. I would not recommend this hotel

Had booked a king bed but was given a room with two queen...

Had booked a king bed but was given a room with two queen beds. Also a lot of construction going on outside of the hotel which was not mentioned when booking the room. Got very loud at times. Also parking garage across the street was also under construction.

One of my guest went to the bar to get a drink while the...

One of my guest went to the bar to get a drink while the others got dresses for the evening. Male bartender told her he did not have time to wait on her because he would only wait on his special customers who tipped. Really needless to say he did not get a tip and very uncommon for this type of establishment. Maybe at a motel 6..........very disappointed.

Probably would choose a different hotel
    • King Room - City View

Parking was 40 dollars. Also rates were high but tip was still expected. Some of staff a little controlling

Club lounge was nice. Some of staff was friendly. Location was very nice

Perfect location!
    • King Room - City View

Perfect location! Didn’t have to get in the car once from the time we arrived until we left due to how close it was to everything. Cute rooms. Friendly staff. Nice gym and hot tub pool area. Awesome stay!

My stay was excellent!!

Parking wasn't ideal,had to park in a garage across the street. The unexpected construction right by hotel was a little bothersome but nothing anyone could do about that.

Everyone was great! My first time visiting this hotel & I will return!

Great and easy

Would had been better if you had your in parking lot.

The room was very comfortable, the view was great.... Everyone was super friendly... we will be back.. thanks

It was nice although, my husband said that he expected more out of the hotel. Didn’t say why.

Paying for WiFi. Cheaper hotels have free WiFi. Maybe cut down on the fancy TVs and offer free WiFi.

Tv was nice. Staff was happy. I spoke to Trenae on the phone and she was fabulous.

Great girls night!

The beds look great but are not comfortable at all. Also we had no do not disturb sign in our room so the cleaning lady knocked twice before it was even time to check out.

The front desk personnel was awesome! The view was breathtaking.

Nashville is a wonderful city with lots to see and do. Hotel's central downtown location is perfect.

Confusion at checkout - hotel made an error in computing final bill and it required adjustment/explanation.

Very comfortable hotel. Great downtown location is easy walking distance to many attractions, restaurants, river walk. Right around the corner from the Ryman Auditorium.

We would not choose this hotel again.

Check in was 45 minutes late. We never found a concierge. There was a huge construction site outside of our window and blasting was done at sunrise. This should have been revealed before final booking. The worst was the beds. We both ended up with backaches.

The property itself was elegant and beautiful and the location was very convenient.

The bed was very comfortable!

Had reserved a king room but was told they did not have any when I checked in at 4pm. I do think what I reserved should have been available when we arrived.

The bed was very comfortable! Check n easy.

We had an amazing trip to see some shows at the Ryman and this hotel was great!

The parking garage was a cluster of construction and shared parking with the library. This made getting a space difficult. Also, given the price we paid for our room, the fact that the bathroom door did not lock & the A/C unit was reluctant to turn on, I rated those facility details as moderate.

I will say we booked this hotel for it's proximity to the Ryman Auditorium and how easy it was to access everything in downtown Nashville. The bed was extremely comfortable and the room was very clean. The staff was exceedingly nice and helpful.

Our stay was very pleasant, the hotel overall was very nice and clean, and it’s a great location.

There was no make up mirror, the bathroom didn’t have a fan, the shower didn’t work quite right, the internet was not free!

The style of the furniture, Starbucks in the hotel, the photography, the TV

Not worth the price charged for the two nights we stayed at this hotel.

The price for this hotel and the room we were assigned was, in my opinion, was extremely over-priced. The hotel was under construction. The area where we entered the hotel was crowded and not easy to navigate. The room and hotel was not worth $400 a night. We will not we staying at this hotel again.

I liked the pillows and the bed, in our room. The pool area was also nice. The staff was also very helpful.

Average hotel that is way overpriced.
    • King Room Club Level

Very average hotel and it is so insulting when paying 700 dollars per night and they charge extra 10 bucks for wifi - will never stay there again for that reason alone. Ok hotel - just 0k - but way way overpriced for what you get.

front desk needs to get it together and better parking
    • King Room - City View

the check in! Didn't get in room until 5:30 ( I let them know I had plans to be somewhere at 5:30) Ask to speak to a manager, was told they were busy an yet anyone has called me. parking not good either

rooms were nice & clean

Awesome stay, Nashville is crazy fun. Hotel in great location for walking to everything.
    • King Room - City View

They had phone charger in room but didn't work and also didn't work in our friend's room. Lobby isn't terribly good flow and restaurant needs updating (although breakfast was good). Bar on 3rd floor was nice but would prefer an option in lobby other than in the corner behind the Starbucks. Gift shop is on 2nd floor. Wierd setup.

Room was spacious and bed was super comfy. Large screen TV was awesome.

Staff was great
    • King Room - City View

Doors to other rooms slam , the communication about breakfast from desk to restaurant was just aggravating. All 3 days I had to go to desk , restaurant said I need voucher front desk says no I don't ! 3days !

Beds are soooooo comfy

Great location, poor service
    • Deluxe Corner King Room

We stayed two nights (Sept 30-Oct 2) and had to ask for towels and washcloths because housekeeping never showed up. On the last morning, we had to call and ask for toilet paper because there had only been a partial roll in the bathroom. The container for an extra roll was empty. We had paid by credit card, but received no invoice under the door on the last morning. After paying extra for a corner room, it felt like the staff didn't know we were there. We will spend our money elsewhere the next time we are in Nashville.

The Renaissance is in a great location. We saw a show at the Ryman, which was just around the corner.

It was good but for what I paid I expected better.

The shower in the bathroom would not drain the handle for the drain was broken and wouldn't stay down so when I would take a shower the tub would fill up with water and I had to hold the drain handle down in order to get the water to drain.

Everything was great!

Everything was great! Rooms were clean & comfy. The pool & hot tub were great (although the hot tub was out after our first night...). We would definitely stay here again!

The location of the hotel is perfect- walking distance to...

There were stains on the bed linens when we arrived.

The location of the hotel is perfect- walking distance to everything we needed. The hotel was very nice and the rooms were very comfortable.

Way way over priced for what this room was
    • King Room - City View

Florida hurricane evacuees, high price for what the room was , we stayed in exact same quality room in at Marriott Atlanta for under $200 Only parking $40 by valet and 1 night in room with valet with nothing else was almost $600 And the bathroom sink drained very slow and would gurgle all night and other loud noises came from bathroom non stop . All the staff were very polite , helpful , and easy to communicate with .

It was a good time and my friends were impressed.

Overpriced bar. We were a single party of 4 So it would have been nice to get 2 rooms together--but that's not really anyone's fault.

Comfortable mattress, nice room decor. Friendly & helpful people.

We got to the hotel around 8pm and only stayed one night, so...

We got to the hotel around 8pm and only stayed one night, so we didn't spend much time here. But, the time we did it was great. Cute modern rooms with comfortable beds and perfect city views. Great location! You can walk to all of the bars and excitement on Broadway Street.

It was an okay hotel but not worth the price.

Bathroom needs updating. Shower head in bad shape. Parking cost outrageous. Booking .com site shows free wifi on one page and $9.95 a day after purchase. No cancellations allowed. That would have been a deal breaker had I known.

Bed was very comfortable. Hotel is very close to Bridgestone Arena. Employees at Starbucks and registration desk are helpful

Overall it was a nice place stay.

Our bill was incorrect, we were overcharged but my husband talked to the front desk and they corrected it. Had to pay daily for internet.

Good Location - nice staff - clean comfortable room - large exercise room

Overall like the hotel alot

Since I'm a rewards member I felt I should have received free breakfast ! Another couple we were traveling with got a free breakfast and were not members! Also left my bag of cell phones chargers in the room had already checked out and they said they didn't find them! I did not take them out of the room🙁

Great location beds were comfortable! Loved the aveda products!

Nice time!
    • King Room - City View

We reserved a King bed and it was not available to us when we got there! There was road consrtuction happening and it was a bit annoying to walk around.

Nice rooms, Starbucks right there, easy walk to downtown and all other events!

Very close to all the happenings in Nashville
    • King Room - City View

I booked a King room with bookings.com, however when I arrived they only had 2 queen bed rooms available, they said unless my reservation guaranteed me a King room they'd have to give me the 2 queen rooms she said "there was nothing she could do." Make sure that you confirm your reservation in advance

Very close to all the happenings in Nashville

comfortable.

I did not park with the hotel but had a relative drop me off because of cost of parking

The person who took up my bags me great advice! The bed was comfortable.

Amazing!! We could walk to most attractions, a definite bonus!

The whole facility was beautiful and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was great with the most comfortable bed ever and a great view of the city! Our stay was exceptional and we will be back! Good Job to all!

AMAZING - LOVED IT - INCREDIBLE LOCATION!

Luckily I have a Marriott membership so I did not have to pay for wifi--others have to pay.

Food in the restaurant was incredible and the location is second-to-none!

The staff was very welcoming and helpful.

The staff was very welcoming and helpful. The room was nice with a great view of Nashville. The hotel was very big with a great pool, gym and beautiful lobby. I loved the Starbucks in the lobby! The location was just a short walk from downtown and we had a beautiful view of Nashville from our room. I didn't like that we had to pay $38.00 daily to park. The room was nice but very small. I also didn't like the room service. The first day we ordered room service the food was terrible and the order was wrong. We tried it again the next night and the order was wrong again. The restaurant in the lobby was fair tasting but extremely overly priced. The hotel does try to nickle and dime you for everything including a $5.00 dollar bottle of water in the room. There was also no free wi-fi, which came at a price of $10.00 per day, per device.

This is where I will be staying on my future trips to Nashville

Our view was of construction, a bit of an eye sore. Also, the elevators were a bit of a hassle only because the hotel is so big and there's so many people getting on and off. Although they do have many elevators, we still had to wait for a couple to pass multiple times to get on one....

LOCATION! It was perfect! 2 minute walk to the strip, yet, just far enough that we heard NOTHING from the loudness that comes with the strip. breakfast was awesome! super clean, parking was easy.

Overpriced for what we got

The towels were the roughest I've ever experienced and could better be described as an exfoliation tool. The main door was broken during our entire visit. The music volume in the elevator area of our floor was too loud (after a night out hearing music while waiting for the elevator isn't what you want to hear....) Inside the room, there were pamphlets about the hotel services and area attractionso that were frayed looking and should have been replaced with brand new looking ones.

The staff was very nice and the bed was very comfy.

Overall great stay, just questionable value.

Breakfast and wi-fi weren't included. Hotel parking at $43 day was disappointing. Parked Friday-Sunday in public garage across street for $26 total

Late dinner available after concert was great idea. Lounge was excellent as well

Browse Renaissance Nashville Hotel traveller photo gallery