Reviews of Renaissance Seattle Hotel 4 stars

515 Madison Street, Seattle Central Business District, Seattle, WA 98104, USA

#58 of 89 hotels in Seattle

5.5

• King Guest Room

no WI-FI in the rooms- available only if you pay

location is ok, few blocks up the hill from main downtown shops and attractions clean and modern design, friendly staff

• King Guest Room

Position is a pain, if you get a low floor room facing highway and you have light sleep you're not going to sleep. Our room faced highway and was at 8th floor so the noise was high. It did not affect my sleep as I would in any case sleep but other colleagues have had difficulties in sleeping.

Rooms you would expect from hotel chain but nice and large. Nothing extraordinary, nothing below expectations. Staff very good.

• King Guest Room

Price was too high and parking was over $40 for the night. Other guests were offered free parking or free breakfast. I was not offered either. Kind of a rip off.

The bed was great! Clean.

• King Guest Room

I didn’t like that I had booked a room with two full beds and gave me a king with a cot! Also I was upset that stay didn’t include our parking fee which is $45 to park in there own garage which caught me off guard!

• King Guest Room

I booked a two bed room that in pictures showed two queen or full beds that were in one room. 4 adults. I ended up with one king bed and a pull out sofa. The sofa was in a separate area where you come in the front door. When the sofa bed is out people can’t get in/out because the bed blocks the path to the door. We were crawling over each other :/ The staff at the hotel said they didn’t guarantee two normal beds and that even though we booked like a month in advance that there weren’t any other options. Also a lot of traffic noise/sirens on a corner room.

• Corner King Room with Sofa Bed

I had a suite, and the bedroom was pretty small and was barely big enough for the bed. The decor was nothing special, but it was clean and I was happy with my stay.

• King Guest Room

Wifi paid. No need for a hotel like the Renaissance charge for wifi. It was written in my reservation that the couple were entitled to breakfast, but arriving there the attendant said no.

• King Guest Room

They lost our reservation, they lost our bags, the bed had what appeared to be beauty bark on it when we arrived.

The staff were very nice, and very quick to resolve problems.

• King Guest Room

I was there for an audition for college for my daughter. At the audition they gave us parking validations but the front desk wouldn't refund my parking fee on my bill when I presented the validation at check out

Great hotel beautiful atmosphere

• King Guest Room

Toilet was fitted for oompa-loompa sized individuals. Thin walls.

Brought a complimentary plate of fruit and cheese. Not bothered or bombarded with over the top niceties.

• King Guest Room

Excellent staff, they replied very quickly, offered us many facilities for traveling with a baby and extremely friendly and professional (we even forgot a charger in the room and they sent it to us!)

• Corner King Room with Sofa Bed

It was impossible to get through the parking garage without scraping the bottom of our car. Our room was tiny and a very weird setup and I wish they would have had a more full service restaurant, we ate in the restaurant and then ordered pizza... We had fun but it was a very ODD hotel stay to say the least. For the price I expected more. But the staff were all friendly and nice.

• King Guest Room

I didn't like that they charge $43 for self parking and that anyone can easily just walk into their parking garage and break into people's car. My boyfriend's car unfortunately got broken into and got his belongings stolen. For a place that nice that charge their guests $40+ to park, they should at least provide cameras in the parking lot or have a security guard stand by. Definitely doesn't make me feel safe nor want to come back. But at least the manager "waived" the parking fee even though I think it's already been included in the cost of your room. So I'm not entirely sure if they really took care of us. I also want to add, that this wasn't the first time they had an incident like this. This was the second time that it has happened. Makes you wonder how much they really "care" about their guests staying at their hotel. Another thing I didn't like is how lackluster the room was decorated and the bathroom door doesn't lock. Super weird.

I like the lobby and the bathrooms. It's very pretty and chic. I also like how fast and easy it was to check in.

• King Guest Room

The furnishings were pretty and the staff was gracious and warm. The bell man Max and the front desk associate William and Lesil were so helpful. The card key was always becoming deactivated and the beds were too firm for me. I did not like the comforter. The padding was loose and would bunch up.

• King Guest Room

I was traveling with my family and my husband needed to check business e mails. Wi -if was not free. For 175+ dollars it should have been free. In addition, the bathroom was only set up gor 3 so we had to order towels. They were speedy with our request. Also parking was not cheap.

Room was nice and beds were comfortable. The hotel was clean and the staff friendly. We were originally on the 5 th floor but the front desk clerk moved us up to the 18th so the view was fabulous. Although we were right next to the freeway the noise was minimal.

• King Guest Room

The heat wasn't working the first night so I woke up with a slight cold. The beds weren't as soft as the other Renaissance hotels I've stayed at. Also, the double beds were full size instead of Queen.

The breakfast was phenomenal. The staff were nothing short of amazing and accommodating. The hot cider welcomes you at the door. The rooms are cozy and clean.

• King Guest Room

Was not issued our free breakfast at check-in and with the Seahawks game Rush it was too much commotion to go to the front and ask them for a freebie when we didn't know what had come with the room while we were in line for a table at the hotel restaurant

• King Guest Room

Not one thing comes to mind.

From curb to bedside, every element of our stay was first class and five star! Staff was well trained and genuinely thoughtful and helpful. Above and beyond comes to mind.

• King Guest Room

A bit pricey. This wasn't a huge deal, but be aware that you have a choice of either free parking or breakfast. With two people and one car, it's about the same value.

Great location, decent quality overall. Staff friendly and helpful.

• King Guest Room

The room lacked many amenities that cheaper hotels often provide such as slippers and razors. For a three-person room that cost $476 after fees for a single night, I expected a little more.

The staff was extremely polite and helpful. The room was clean and spacious.

• King Guest Room

Front desk staff was grumpy. Elevators are super slow. Don't even think about going to the room on a 15 MN break. Housekeeping was at the level of a motel 6. Towels were not picked up. Ice bucket is not emptied. Trash that fell behind the trash can stayed there. Apparently, for $379/night front staff tells me I should call and complain (every day?). Another staff member told me it's because the hotel was full (only book when not full?) !

Convenient walking to downtown and hospital district. There is a mini fridge in the room.

• King Guest Room

We arrived around 4:30 pm and our room was not ready, even though check-in began at 4pm. The lady at the front desk was able to get us into a slightly different room but if that wasn't an option then we would have had to wait, which would not have been ideal. But the staff was very polite and accommodating doing what they could to make us happy.

The decor and overall look of the hotel was very classy and very nice! Beds were super comfy and windows were huge!

• King Guest Room

size of the room is small with no view and the bed is so small also to high for children since my little boy fall from the bed . Beside hotel fee we also we need to some exra thing for example parking fee , internet fee why not included everything in hotel fee .

Staff is freindly and helful .

• King Guest Room

easy walk from train station and to Pike's Place. staff was friendly and promptly resolved issue with billing error. food was good. room was clean and decor was nice. windows needed to be washed (outside) however was on 23rd floor. view was nice.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

• King Guest Room

I booked this hotel for my son to stay while he was in Seattle for the weekend. He is 19 years old and was questioned by the hotel staff about is age while staying there. I know that he looks young, but he was questioned very rudely about his age. If the requirements are "must be 18" to check in then a look at his Driver's License at check in should be good enough.

Breakfast as good.

• King Guest Room

We wish we could have gotten food later rather than ordering room service (after 11 pm). By the time we got back to the hotel from the event we were in town for, all the restaurants in the area were not making food anymore.

The bed was SUPER comfy! We ended up getting to the hotel before check-in time and they found us a room and let us check-in any way. The people were lovely and made our stay extremely wonderful; definitely felt like a home away from home!

• King Guest Room

My son and I walked back to the hotel after the supercross and it got pretty scary one of the streets, there were homeless people that were saying "what a good looking boy, is that a carhartt?" and they got pretty close, I was giving him a piggy back ride up the hill, she reached for him, really didn't like that. The taxi driver that told us to call after the races said that traffic was too busy to help... just make sure you know the streets to walk on and be with people that will keep you safe. The hotel had no complaints though, just the streets.

This was such a beautiful hotel. The bed was the most comfortable fluffy bed. The restaurant was wonderful!

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

• King Guest Room

For the amount that is charged per night I would think that the ironing boards and irons would be much nicer. They have to know that the majority of people stay there on business, how about a steamer? Small things like that make business travelers lives much easier. Also, after calling the concierge 3 times and getting no answer I gave up on paying them to press my suit / shirts and hung them in the bathroom while I let the shower steam them.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

• King Guest Room

I requested to have a room with a view a few weeks before my arrival and on the day I arrived, they said there was no room with a city view for us.

I appreciated the complementary breakfast. The staff was very nice and accommodating.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

• King Guest Room

I called multiple times with a few questions about my billing following my stay and was given misinformation each call. I was also told when checking in that I had free WiFi and then was charged for it. Apparently none of the front desk or accounting staff are on the same page and couldn't answer any my questions (or they did, but it wasn't true information)

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

• King Guest Room

They over charged us for internet but we didn't use internet, we talked to them and they solved it. The hotel didn't have pool. Also because we got a good deal with a fair price they didn't give us a room at one of the top floors, they said you have to pay more which i believe it was rude.

• King Guest Room

The underground parking lot clearance is 6'2, and the "oversize" lot around the corner is 6'6. We barely fit with an F150. Parking cost us $45 for two days in the oversize lot. Beds were not very comfortable, room was dim and towels were rough and poor quality. The bathroom itself was very nice, but could use the upgrade of better towels and toilet paper. Food at the bar in the lobby was not great. Service was not good the first afternoon we were there, but they entire bar only had one server so it was clearly just a staffing issue.

Breakfast was good with a lot of selection. Service was hit and miss - the first morning we had to ask three different servers for waters before we received them but the second morning they were on top of everything and we had great service. Location is good. It's a walk to any restaurants or tourist sites. There was always a cab available in front of the hotel which was pretty great considering we were there for NYE and New Years day. Lobby bar had great bartenders who had very good beer and wine recommendations and did a great job on their mixed drinks. We watched the fireworks from the hotel and it was a pretty good view. Again, they seemed understaffed on NYE, making it very difficult o get a drink before the countdown.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• King Guest Room

wifi and shuttle bus to Sea Tac airport should be granted

this hotel was totally good for this event. large rooms, tech media and overall support was at right level

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

• King Guest Room

Still a lot of road noise from the interstate, even though we were on the 14th floor. Nice room, but didn't seem exceptional given the cost.

The front desk staff member was very friendly and helpful. The concierge was also helpful with info on early morning taxi to train station.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

• King Guest Room

It was not in a great location. Basically the business district and was dead at night. It was not easy to walk to the main attractions in the city. The bed was also pretty uncomfortable. It felt like I was on a boat and could feel every movement from my husband next to me. When I called to ask if all the king bed were like that, they said yes and there really wasn't anything we could do about it. Really disappointed with this stay and feel like I wasted my money.

The room was nice, but that was extent of what I liked about the hotel.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

• King Guest Room

Okay let me preface my comments by saying I'm a pretty experienced traveler and a robust person who very rarely complains about shoddy service, rather just grins and bears it, but this was out of the ordinary and needs saying. Arrival was abysmal. Doorman asked if I needed help and I said " yes please" as I struggled up the street with two large bags and then instead of helping or getting a trolley proceeded to disappear and grudgingly held the door open while I struggled in with my suitcases and said " receptions over there" pointing to the front desk. Really? Room was OK for what it was. But it's right next to the freeway so they provide you with the ear plugs so you can sleep. There's a big hint. Room service wanted to charge $3 to bring up a couple of wine glasses, and then another $3 to bring up a corkscrew.(there was none in the room) Wifi cost $13. Which seems pretty silly when you're paying over $500 for a pretty unimpressive room. Uninterested front desk staff and amateur hour restaurant staff all made for a " never again if I can help it" experience. Pity this had to be said but it's the truth.

It was the only room left in the whole of Seattle due to the baseball games and massive conferences.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

• King Guest Room

Room wasn't ready at 3:30 when we checked in. Could have comped a couple of drinks while we waited in the lounge. Two drinks were $20.

Nice look to hotel. Helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

• King Guest Room

We arrived very early and although check-in time wasn't until 4 pm, I did not feel that the staff was very helpful with attending to us. We were finally reached at about 2 pm to say our room was ready.

I liked the location.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

• King Guest Room

Overall our stay was great! My late night room service sandwich was terrible. I will never order that again! However we would stay here next time we were in Seattle!

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• King Guest Room

It turned out we had a KIng room for the four of us when we booked a room with two double beds on Booking.com and also had confirmation from Booking.com that a cot would be available for our 6'1" son, since we also confirmed our late check-in. There were no cots left on our arrival. It seems that information is lost in translation between the third party (Booking.com) and the hotel. This is something that Booking.com needs to rectify with the hotels they do business with.

The staff at the Renaissance were extremely accommodating under the circumstances and made sure we had the appropriate room for our second and third nights stay. The hotel itself is beautiful, rooms nice, beds comfortable. The staff are friendly and seem to enjoy there jobs. Breakfast buffet that was included with the room price was excellent! The Manager told us we should call the Hotel immediately after booking on-line with a third party to confirm that there aren't any issues with the reservation but then what's the point of having an on-line booking system?!?!?

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• King Guest Room

Small room. Overpriced. No pool despite showing one on the web site. NOISY and not just the nearby construction. When the A/C was on we had to crank up the TV volume to hear over the noise it made.

Staff was pleasant.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

• King Guest Room

Wi-if was not free, it should have been included in the room rate which was high enough. The water went completely hot on the 3rd day... Maintenance man went up started flushing and turning on shower and faucet. Water went back to normal for a few minutes until he left. He laughed at me for having called them. I didn't call again, felt insulted.

The rooms were big, there was enough room for my 3 children and myself. Facility was clean. We only spent enough time there to rest, which was fine. Most of the staff was helpful.

price too high

• Guest King Room with City View

convenience of the hotel for my needs

• King Guest Room

No family friendly options for food.

The room and the view was nice! Accommodating and helpful staff.

Way overpriced

Staff very helpful

• King Guest Room

Clean rooms, polite and attentive staff, great location.

• King Guest Room

the wifi system, cause me worry to connect

the staffs are very good and helpful in many aspects with smile

• King Guest Room

Price. Wifi not included.

Everything was very good.

• King Guest Room

Parking isnt the best for a full size pickup

• Guest Room with Two Double Beds

valet is way to much

• King Guest Room

didn’t give me the room i asked for

i liked the lemon water a lot

• Guest King Room with City View

No pool or hot tub. Breakfast not included w stay

• King Guest Room

The lack of on property laundry machines:

Comfortable room, helpful staff, good location

Staff wasn't very friendly

• King Guest Room

The location is great but their tall neighbor lost its view of the waterfront

The staff is awesome and very accommodating

• King Guest Room

Comfy beds. Good breakfast.

• King Guest Room

Waiters great but short handed. Food very good

Parking was $45 for one night, should be a better deal for guests

• King Guest Room

Room is too small. Too close to busy road, it’s too noisy.

Room is very Clean

noise from the freeway

Nothing :)

Amazing hotel! Excellent service!! Definitely will be back! Thank you!

• King Guest Room

Room facing I-90 interstate. The noise of traffic all night made it hard to sleep

Great customer service

• King Guest Room

The cost was way too high, parking was included but fills up fast, Windows in the rooms don’t open, room is very small.

The view

• King Guest Room

charging for wifi, really? beds were really hard

• Corner King Room with Sofa Bed

There was a very odd conversation nvention of people dressed in animal costumes. I would not have stayed there if I knew. It was very creepy.

• King Guest Room

If you're planning on walking around the city the hotel is on a hill

The beds where very comfy

• King Guest Room

The view from the room at night

Hotel charged for WiFi

Hotel was easy to find from the Amtrak station. Staff was very friendly. We were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go.

• King Guest Room

The lobby at the first floor is a great place to relax. Love the blue sofa in my bedroom, it is super cozy.

• King Guest Room

room was cool and A/c worked well.

• King Guest Room

Did not include free breakfast for my two granddaughters

Was accomadated with a huge suite, did not have two queen beds

Expensive. No free internet?? View out the room. Right into another high rise

Decent location

• King Guest Room

Cost for parking really high ! Especially because the room was on our high side.

The bed was very comfy and the duvet was just perfect!👌

Browse Renaissance Seattle Hotel traveller photo gallery