Reviews of Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel 4 stars

606 Congress Street, Waterfront, Boston, MA 02210 , USA

#31 of 81 hotels in Boston

5.6

• King Guest Room

My only regret was I chose to check in a little to early on the 4th so we didn't get to really look around the whole hotel or use the pool.

I loved the feel as soon as I walked into the lobby, I felt as though I walked into a different world it was great! The beautiful lady that checked us in was Wonderful I can't say enough about her and I will be sending her a personal Thank you card. She really went above to make the stay Great and my partners birthday all that more special for him.

• King Guest Room

I had an interconnecting room which was very, very noisy. For the price of the hotel room, I would have expected better sound proofing. The front desk staff were not very attentive when checking out. They made a big deal that they had to take the internet charge off my bill as I was part of a conference group. They updated the bill when I checked out but emailed me the original bill after I returned home.

Nice big room, comfortable bed, cleaniness

• King Guest Room

My kids were looking forward to the pool but it turned out to be only a single lane lap pool. They were a little disappointed.

We travelled with small children and they were able to give us 2 adjoining rooms

• King Guest Room

Loud kids in the room next to us up until 4 a.m. But the Hotel took care of us!

The Hotel was Beautiful!! The bed was awesome!!! The pool and hot tub were great!! The staff go out of their way to please you! Very well appointed Hotel in every way! Reception area, Bar, Sitting areas, Pool, Everywhere you looked they had cool and modern sitting areas!! Fabulous!! Would definitely stay again!

• King Guest Room with City View

The hotel was beautiful, clean, and located exactly where we needed to walk to Laugh Boston for a show. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. We would definitely return.

• King Guest Room

My biggest problem was the fact that they don't tell you about the $100 security deposit in advance that is required before receiving your room key. I also wish there had been a microwave in the room, it would've been more convenient but they have a microwave you can use if you ask someone at the front desk. I also wish the Netflix and YouTube settings on the tv were easier to use.

The location was great so there are a lot of options to eat out and the view was absolutely beautiful. It's a good time so it's worth the money. The food at the bar is really good as well.

• King Guest Room

I booked a king size bed and none were available when I checked in. They did upgrade me to a waterfront room, however the double beds were not large enough to share in my opinion, although very comfortable.

The staff was super friendly, the room service was excellent. The beds were amazingly confortable.

• King Guest Room

being able to see the hotel sign/name from where I got off the silver line on silver way.

The stay was just fine. Nice hotel, I got a good price for it. Friendly staff. A bit disoriented when I got off the silver line from the airport - couldn't see the hotel (it was on the other side of the parking lot) - kind of a deserted T-stop and i arrived after dark. I was only there a short amount of time (11 hours) so didn't have time to take advantage of any of the amenities.

• King Guest Room

It would be better if there is free WiFi in the room.

The position is super convenient with the silver line bus stop just in front of the hotel. The room is spacious and comfy. Fitness facilities are great.

• King Guest Room

The parking next door, I like a hotel to have parking within the hotel all they have available is Valet parking and that's a little pricey. But the walk from the Public Parking lot was not too far.

We had a great stay! nice and clean. Bed was comfortable.

• King Guest Room

When I checked into the hotel the front desk told me that there weren't any King beds and that they were all filled for guests who confirmed. My response was that I had already paid for the room and I called ahead to double check that I would be able to get a king size bed not a double. Magically a king size bed opened up.

Everything was very clean and the bed was very comfy! Even had Netflix on the tv which was very nice!

• King Guest Room

Great location for conferences. The hotel and the facilities are very well maintained and equipped. Very modern and the service is really good. The view from the window is great. The room is really big. There is Starbucks in the lobby.

• King Guest Room with City View

I reserved a single king and was given two queen beds.

The hotel is in an up and coming area with many new restaurants and entertainment for all times of year. Hotel bar had very reasonably priced items to eat and drink.

• King Guest Room

Unfortunately there were no towels in my room which I only noticed after I took a shower... I also didn't get the king-sized bed I had requested through booking.com, but two doubles. I was able to switch to a king on the second day.

Nice pool!

• King Guest Room

Paid internet in the rooms.

Great atmosphere and location for business travelers. In winter not the optimal one for leisure but close enough to downtown. Awesome pool and sauna, delicious a la carte options for breakfast (must try: wafles)

• King Guest Room

Spacious room with 2 comfortable queen beds (4 pillows each!) and nice side water views. Minutes from downtown, public transportation across the street (it's a bus that transfers directly to the subway system within 3 stops/5-minute ride). It was a good value for the price we paid.

• King Guest Room

I initially called the hotel with a query over my payment, and the woman who answered was very rude. It made me feel anxious about the up and coming stay, and I felt under-valued.

The accommodation was lovely, with beautiful and spacious rooms, very comfortable beds, and a welcomed sense of luxury. I particularly loved spending my evenings in the pool and sauna!

• King Guest Room with City View

They really didn't have the internet as accessible as I liked. I really wanted fresh coffee but received no accommodations and had ordered it in the morning never got it.

Nice room. And clean. Friendly staff

• King Guest Room

No free Wifi. You gotta be a reward member to have access to wifi for free. Or else, they will charge you 12 USD per day. No toothbrush among daily toiletries provided. You will need to call front desk to get one.

Informative and helpful staff.

• King Guest Room

The business center was extremely sparse...no pens, no ability to fax. The restaurant bartenders were not at all friendly and food was OK.

All staff in actual hotel was very helpful and kind. Beds were great.

• King Guest Room

The parking wasn't included in the booking and was very expensive at $48 per night. We didn't try breakfast as again it wasn't included and for $25 we could eat somewhere different with a range of menu items.

Very convenient location steps away from Fisherman's wharf. The beds were superbly comfortable but too high off the ground for shorter individuals.

• King Guest Room

I ended up sleeping on a big cot in a hospitality room because my room was given away and the rooms had roaches... as well as being woken up too early by housekeeping the next morning!

• King Guest Room

Fairly standard look of a big chain, don't expect a memorable experience.

Quick 20 minute taxi from airport, very convenient for the ferry and access to lots of new restaurants and bars. Also walkable to downtown Boston ~ 25min. Decent size gym facilities and big lobby bar for drinks.

• King Guest Room

Wifi was not free. Was not allowed to bring outside alcohol into the hotel. Jacuzzi was broken so we were unable to get in. Staff didn't seem like they new what they were doing 100% of the time.

Clean and updated room. Great view. Within walking distance from restaurants and activities. Close enough to the city.

• King Guest Room

Booking.com did a terrible of conveying what this property is like. Parking is $48 not $44 as you promised under guest details and the manager argued with me about it, claiming you're a third party website so the hotel has no obligation to honour anything you say. Booking.com gave me no option to use reward points fromMarriott. This hotel is very far from downtown. It's huge and impersonal with substandard service. The plugs in the room were loose, the water temperature design is backward, the pillows were hard, and all morning starting at 5am there were planes roaring overhead from the nearby airport, one after the other. I didn't notice I had booked a non refundable reservation on booking.com and I'll never make that mistake again. Better to book through hotel websites.

Starbucks in the building.

More time in Boston

Location great...near some wonderful restaurants. Near the cruise terminal...walkable if few bags...easy quick ride on Uber or taxi. We used Uber to get into the main area of Boston tourist land. Too far to walk when time is of the essence. Room was great lovely view. Starbucks on property. Did not use the hotel facilities...but clearly popular for weddings and parties. NOT noisy though. Expensive but so are other Boston hotels.

• King Guest Room

safe was not working and front desk stated night before when i called to check, that starbucks opened at 6:30 am saturday i could have slept an additional 30 minutes because guess what time starbucks opened? 7 am. front desk needs to be trained.

• King Guest Room

Loved being able to access Hulu & Netflix through the TV. Was great that we could order drinks at the bar and then bring them back up to our room. Nice having a Starbucks inside the hotel. Really comfortable beds. The Aveda bath products were a nice touch!

• King Guest Room

The venue was great The parking was a disaster not enough staff and took too much time The check in was a disaster - too much time and for a quick trip felt like a wasted moment The AC in the hotel was far to high and it was freezing everywhere

The venue was great

• King Guest Room

Price charged for on-site parking was $4 more than website states. Needs to be updated.

Great location when going to a show at Blue Hills Bank Pavilion.

• King Guest Room

I left behind a bag. House keeping brought the bag to security and they returned the bag with all the belonging to me. Can't thank the stuff enough for be AMAZING!!!!!

• King Guest Room with City View

It did say on our reservation that there was a complimentary breakfast and we didn't get it. The person at desk said it was because we didn't make reservation with hotel! There were 2 weddings that weekend so that probably added to the problem. There would have been an hour wait if we wanted to pay for the breakfast, so we just went somewhere else. Wasn't enough of a problem to mar our good time!

The room was beautiful! The bed was very comfortable! Enjoyed the bar with its excellent drinks and delicious appetizers.

• King Guest Room

The view could have been more appealing. Most of the room faced another building and the gardens below were pretty poorly taken care of.

I liked that the hotel was easy to get to and from the highway. The staff was really friendly and professional.

• King Guest Room

they don't give receipt and i did not get one from you folks.

everything was comfortable, I need a receipt from you with zero balance, can you send that to me so I can get reimbursed? thanks,

• King Guest Room

Very expensive. For the amount you pay for the room, parking and breakfast should be complimentary. It wasn't worth the 350.00 a night I paid. We didn't even get our room cleaned because thy came so late in the morning it was already my 2 year olds nap time. They didn't try to clean it until noon, we left all morning, they had plenty of time to clean it. The pool was sooo small and it was freezing, although indoors.

• King Guest Room

The hotel is close to the transit system, making it super easy to get there from the airport. The room was extremely comfortable. There was a Starbucks in the lobby - yeah!

• King Guest Room

It was a very long walk to the hub, for us we would have been better in a more central location.

Very Convenient for the airport and railway station. Also for the world trades centre and convention centre. Silverline trams run for free from the airport to right outside the property. There were good restaurants near by.

• King Guest Room

Attentive staff, polite and friendly., very helpful. Great location, walking distance to many sites and great restaurants. Room was spacious and comfortable.

• King Guest Room

however to pay 48 dollars for parking over and above 350 per night room rate too high. i thought this shouldnt have been

lobby service amazing. good very good rooms. felt good. views from our room amazing.

• King Guest Room

It is close (i.e. next to) some excellent restaurants (such as Legal Seafood). It is also a convenient location to reach the downtown area. A good business class hotel.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

• King Guest Room with City View

No activity going on there. Hot tub pool and saunas did not work. Problems at the start with refrigerator in the room it did not work. Had to get it fixed. Ice machine on our floor was not working. Had to get that fixed. Key cards did not work easily. Had to change out and still took several times to open the door. Should at least have some comp water and coffee In the lobby. This was a pricey place and amenities were not up to par.

Beautiful place.

• King Guest Room with City View

We received two noise complaints for a loud TV. We are musicians and somewhat hard of hearing because of it. Sorry but, security was not necessary. -Cheers!

We asked for a cardboard cutout of Ziggy Stardust to keep us company in our room during our stay. It was obviously an unreasonable request but, on our last day the staff slipped a thank-you note under the door with David Bowie prominently displayed. It was beautiful. Thank you, -LEIKO

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

• Club King Guest Room

The Internet should be free in rooms to all guests and not at the price that was asked for , After all it is a great hotel and the staying prices show that , but a major let down to have to pay more for Internet access in rooms ,

Staff when out of they way to help ,

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

• King Guest Room with City View

Didn't enjoy paying $4 for water bottles left in my room. Assumed they were complimentary so it wasn't a pleasant surprise when I got my bill at the end of my three weeks' stay. I found the bar a little draughty as well. The itemised charging for laundry e.g. $3 for a single pair of socks forced me to go external for my laundry.

Breakfast was always enjoyable, good food and good, friendly service and with gluten free toast! Friendly and informative service at the bar in the evenings as well with the NFL play-off games on screen. The Business Centre was useful on a couple of occasions. Always good to have an ironing board and iron in the room. My bed was very comfortable. The WiFi was reliable.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Parking is $

Staff was friendly, helpful and available to help. Sapore the restaurant was really good. Nice to have a hotel restaurant where you don't feel like you are being fleeced. We ended up eating there twice.

• King Guest Room

My only issue is security staff I seen there for that "new year eve" as I came in not professional check your camera shirt untuck not shave nor trim at least ,one have a BO issue as he walk by me turn my stomach I have 30 yrs plus in field and still strong worked many hotel site in NYC /NJ . I wanted more from them because I'm in that field, hope that it was hired help for that day only

I enter hotel got a warm welcome from staff even got information from valet call DON for short excellent person thank Don and fast service in front desk I waited less than five minutes or lesser got to room awesome but view sucks lol everything else is up to stander I want to come again

• King Guest Room

The lobby bar should have opened sooner than 5:30 pm on New Years Eve as people were checking in at 3 pm and rooms were not ready so people were told to wait in the lobby bar which was closed

Staff were super friendly and helpful

• King Guest Room

bigger beds, we did not have free wifi, booked through another party, should not have to pay a fee

cleanliness, staff was very accommodating, nice fitness center &pool area, stepped up security on New Years Eve, appreciated that!

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

• King Guest Room

I called twice a few days before check-in to ask about possibly checking in an hour early. The staff who answered the phone was quick to answer my question but also just as quick to hang up the phone before asking me if I had any other questions.

The front desk staff was very friendly and informative. The room was very clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

• King Guest Room

The location is perfect, close to both the airport and downtown. Room is very spacious and clean. They have really comfy bed as well. Very friendly front desk. Perfect experience!

• Reviewed: 24 November 2016

• King Guest Room

They charge for the water in the room (very deceiving) and the Internet. The bathroom was clean...but the bathtub looked old.

The location was great; front desk staff was friendly enough, nothing memorable. The front desk agent I dealt with during check out was much more cheerful and inviting than the agent I dealt with when I arrived. There was a Starbucks right downstairs and I loved the texting feature to get your car ready when you valet. The room was a good size and was up to date.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

• King Guest Room

It's an expensive hotel... but the price seems to be the normal for Boston.

The location is excellent if you are going to the Boston Convention Center, just a five minutes walk. The room is really comfortable. You can get to the airport in 10-15 minutes.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

• King Guest Room

Our refrigerator did not work. Our room also wasn't ready when we checked in, were given our keys and sent upstairs. They were still cleaning it.

The location is perfect and we had a nice view. The room was very clean and the front desk staff were very friendly.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

• King Guest Room

We were there for a wedding so location was perfect. The staff was helpful, friendly and competent. Overall a very good value for the location and the service.

• Reviewed: 11 September 2016

really good

great hotel, room had everything needed to work comfortably. I booked it instead of other hotels in the area because of the swimming pool - a real bonus!

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

• King Guest Room

Internet access in rooms for $12.75 a day is a blatant rip off. Why do some hotel chains think this is ok? - others pride themselves on free internet (e.g. Radisson). The hotel pay for wifi regardless of the number of guests who use it.

Good location for the airport and good facilities, except rip-off wifi.

• King Guest Room

The room they gave us had doors that didn't lock and we were late for our dinner reservation because they gave no urgency to fixing the issue. The telephones in our room weren't hooked up, so we had to keep going down to the front desk to ask for updates. The staff was unhelpful and acted like we were asking for too much when we reported the unlocked door issue. They moved us to another room where shower door didn't have any sort of lining under it to prevent water from leaking all over the bathroom floor. We had to use all of the towels to dry the floor each day. This was all after my initial booking, where they charged us three times in different amounts, and had to reverse some of the charges. My credit card company actually disabled my card afterwards because they thought it was fraudulent activity. Nothing went right from booking all the way through checkout. Poor staff service, confused finance department, and I don't think the building/rooms were well constructed. Too many issues for a short stay. Will not be back.

The location isn't bad, but mostly everything else went wrong.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

• King Guest Room

The staff at the desk were very pleasant attentive to needs when checking in and out,directions,tour information and restaurants in the area.I would definitely come back.Thanks Mike and Joe.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

• King Guest Room

Was told free wifi but stuck with the charge after I get home and check credit card. Was ripped off by conceigure desk. Be careful what you are buying or paying for.

Beautiful hotel and Starbucks located downstairs. Check in lady at front desk was super nice and gave a very positive and welcoming feeling. I think her name was Emily.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

• King Guest Room

There was a limited choices of what to eat for lunch and dinner at the hotel if you didn't like seafood, that being said there were plenty of close restaurants.

It was a central location with a beautiful view of the harbor. Also the rooms were beautiful with some good choices in decor to make you feel comfortable.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

• King Guest Room

There really wasn't anything. Great location near all the restaurants and Sapore was great. We had dinner and drinks there.

The bed and pillows were the best. Great night sleep. I went online and ordered the pillows.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

• King Guest Room

Bed sheets were not fresh. Very disappointing. And we had no view of the city, as I had requested a room on the highest level possible

The location at the seaport

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

• King Guest Room

I had to join the Marriot Club to get free wifi. Today wifi should be free to all guests. There is no excuse to charge for wifi. Parking in Boston is a total rip-off. There must be a way for the hotel to negotiate better prices for its guests.

Location was perfect for our needs and staff were extremely friendly.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

• King Guest Room

We were low on time for an event in Boston. The check in line was very long, between 5-8 you should have more staff out front. Also the water pressure was super low and valet took more than 20 minutes with no benches out front.

Absolutely nothing!

Location, comfort, staff

• King Guest Room

Had to pay extra for wifi

• King Guest Room

There isn’t anything at the harbour really but the hotel is nice

Relatively cheap for Boston

• Double Room with Partial Harbor View - Club Level

Information desk attendant was not friendly

No breakfasts

• King Guest Room

Great location and very clean. Friendly and helpful staff. Accommodations are comfortable and roomy.

• King Guest Room

Close to my location , great for pax

• King Guest Room

Reservation was in the hotel’s computer and had to call booking.com to fix reservation.

Room was nice and service was polite.

• King Guest Room with City View

The location and the room size. Also, the restaurants was very nice and elegant

• King Guest Room

Convenient to what I was doing

Clean, bright, room

• King Guest Room

Guest Services customer service techniques.

Dirty bed sheets