Reviews of Hotel Renew 4 stars

129 Paoakalani Avenue, Waikiki, Honolulu, HI 96815, USA

#19 of 210 hotels in Honolulu

Pleasant and competant staff, excellent internet.
    • King Bed

The breakfast lacked variety. The public areas were small. No pool at a Hawaii hotel was a bit of a surprise. Limited channels on tv. The elevator was slow at times. View out window was of a parking garage

Pleasant and competant staff, excellent internet. Very nice spacious room. Comfortable bed. Modern clean design. Nice location.

Rest and Relaxation is available at Hotel Renew
    • Ocean View King Bed

Although the hotel is well maintained if you look close enough you can tell a little more can be done. Regardless, I will return to this hotel.

The ocean view room had an amazing view and it was clean. Although the room was not too large, it was clean and comfortable. There were plenty of restaurants within walking distance of the hotel.

Stay here if location is a top priority. You will not be disappointed.
    • Ocean View King Bed

Whole place in need of a refurb.All the wood is looking very tired.Our room was clean enough but needed a spring clean with grubby marks on glass , TV, frig. etc Needed that final sparkle. Breakfast basic

location perfect being situated just off main beach. We had an amazing view of the beach from our room. Hop on hop off stops at our doorstep

The bed is very comfortable and we had a beautiful view of...
    • One Full Bed

The complimentary breakfast is awful - like a roadside motel. The lighting in the rooms is also very dim and there is no bathroom ventilation. There were black marks in the bathtub that could do with some strong disinfectant!

The bed is very comfortable and we had a beautiful view of Waikiki Beach. It's in an excellent location.

Handy location and very friendly
    • One Full Bed

Very friendly hotel just one short block from the beach. Hotel was away from the centre of Waikiki, but this was a plus for me!! From our balcony, you can see the beach too!! Breakfast had lots of pastry type items available. Good WIFI and great air conditioning!! Staff member on check in was the best I had experienced in Hawai'i. She gave lots of info about the breakfast, WIFI, where the lift was etc. Some hotels do not bother to tell you anything!

Nice stay at a great location.
    • Ocean View King Bed

Building itself was a bit tired. Room was a bit cramped with the crib set up.

Pretty nice staff, great view from room. Nice window shades. Breakfast was light fare but pretty good. Liked being able to borrow beach chairs, beach towels & beach toys very easily.

Would consider staying there again
    • Ocean View Two Full Beds

I was never told until check-in that parking would be an extra $32 per night. There was a strange, strong smell in our room right inside the door, which we never figured out. Some of the fixtures in the room were tired & worn. The lighting was a little screwy, with some switches not working. In another family member's room, there was a hole in the wall by the beds that looked like some type of equipment belonged there, but it was just a gaping hole.

Great location. Pretty good breakfast included. Room had a beautiful view (paid a bit extra for that). Most of the staff was very friendly & helpful. Room had lots of storage space. Didn't see any bugs or critters at all.

Tiny room and bed
    • One Full Bed

The bed was a king single size at best. My pregnant wife and I had to top and tail to give enough room. The place was very expensive for what it is.

Good location, just a short walk to the beach and main area.

Very nice place to stay
    • King Bed

The continental breakfast was mediocre at best. The same selection of glazed mini croissants and random other pastries got old very fast, the clumpy cereal was the only other item which didn't really fill the void. A bit of fruit and a better selection of other cereals wouldn't have gone a miss. Not what I would call a continental breakfast service.

Very good location, close to the beach. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Love the offer of chairs and towels for the beach.

Older hotel some odour.

Excellent breakfast. All staff very attentive and helpful. Location excellent for walking to beach, zoo and catching trolley.

Overall great.
    • Ocean View Two Full Beds

Unhealthy breakfast. Not much option for vegetarian.

Everything is perfect except the breakfast. The hotel doesn't have much space to sit and only serve same breakfast which I didn't find healthy. However, the hotel serves coffee, green tea and lemonade and muesli bar round the clock complimentary, which I find great.

I'll be back.
    • King Bed

Its a nice small boutique hotel. We had the perfect view of the beach from our window. We had a lovely continental breakfast each day. There were no crowds and no hassle and the staff was very friendly. I would stay there again for sure.

Good value for the money and good location.
    • King Bed

The breakfast was ok. Not a lot of healthy options although the did have fresh juice and hard boiled eggs.

Beds were comfortable. Location was excellent. Good storage for clothes and I liked the availability of robes to use.

Staff is really kind, good breakfast and location just in...
    • Ocean View Two Full Beds

Hair in the bathroom, poor space in the breakfast room, really expensive

Staff is really kind, good breakfast and location just in front of the beach. The welcome drink is pleasant

Relatively newly refurbished hotel
    • One Full Bed

My wife forgot to unplug the camera battery together with the charging tool from the room's outlet when checking out. 3 hours later she came back for it and was told the room was already occupied by a new guest so there was no chance to look for the missing items. The manager assured her that the cleaning team had found nothing in the room, as if he personally was with them. And even though they say they usually store forgotten items, the battery was gone! It is a disappointing and a very unique experience in our traveling practice which certainly spoilt the impression of Hawaii. We do not bring diamond rings on our holidays so we did not expect such an outcome. The hotel is aware of the loss but so far we got no compensation or a discount for the passed stay.

Relatively newly refurbished hotel

Next time, we would rather choose another hotel with better internet and quieter facilities.
    • King Bed

Internet speed was frustratingly slow and unusable for banking, even after consulting with the tech. Aircon was noisy.

The check-in staff was friendly. Use of beach equipment was welcomed.

welcome drink was very nice.
    • King Bed

My room was in front of parking lot, so I cannot open the window. Shower was fine, but I cannot switch to the faucet.(better than opposite though)

welcome drink was very nice. Room was clean. Breakfast was delicious

Great location and excellent stay!
    • One Full Bed

Did not have any carpool.

Only one block to access to the beach and zoo, the cleanliness, the size of room and the view from the room. Their complimentary Coffee tasted very good.

All in all, an amazing hotel!
    • Ocean View King Bed

Our biggest issue was the privacy in the bathroom. The rooms seemed to be recently renovated and there are large floor to ceiling wooden blinds between the bathroom and the sleeping area. These blinds made any privacy while in the bathroom completely disappear - especially considering someone in the sleeping area could open the blinds into the bathroom and literally watch everything going on inside.

The hotel was very modern and had a beautiful pool/bar area outside. I would recommend staying here if possible. The "secret" bar hidden behind a bookshelf was by far one of the most impressive and entertaining aspects of our stay.

Comfortable bed.
    • Ocean View King Bed

Only negative is we found the position of the bar and breakfast area dark and very cold. If these facilities were on the top floor or roof top it would be amazing and attract more patronage.

Comfortable bed. Great staff service. Excellent view from 9th floor facing ocean. Reasonably quiet being set back from main street.

My hubby and I went to HI for a vacay/late honeymoon...
    • One Full Bed

My hubby and I went to HI for a vacay/late honeymoon when we chose Hotel Renew. It is such a great, quaint hotel. It is very modern with wonderful spa amenities....oh and the views from our room were Ah-mazing from watching the sun rise over the mountains to seeing the sunset over the Pacific Ocean! My God, we cannot wait to go back!! There is no pool or gym, but that is no prob when you have a whole ocean just steps away from the hotel! Plus the hotel gives you a chair and towel to relax on the beach. Also, we did not regret not getting a rental car because the places we visited were walking distance or a short Uber ride away. Public transportation was a cost-effective option, too!

a good experience, and it is off the main road enough to be quieter than most Waikiki hotels
    • King Bed

Access with your car, rooms a bit of an odd odor, and hallways very hot.

Overall, the Hotel Renew was very satisfactory. When we checked in the room had an odd smell, but the front desk clerk who was more than nice, had someone bring up an ionizer, and it helped a lot. Still periodically throughout our stay, the smell popped up. The continental breakfast was good, the place is very clean, and the staff, extremely friendly, and accommodating. Money value? a little pricey for what it is, access to the hotel from your car is iffy, as there is no driveway, but it is good, and the valets very pleasant.

The pictures are pretty misleading, honestly.
    • King Bed

The pictures are pretty misleading, honestly. I was expecting a much better hotel with such a price. The room was very old looking. They charge a mandatory amenity fee, which I really don’t find them having any extra amenity - no gym, no pool, no sauna room, no nothing. Now I’m staying in another hotel in Waikiki. The price is lower and the amenities are better!! Check out other hotels!

First trip to Hawai'i, really enjoyed a Waikiki-based hotel for all the sightseeing and dining.
    • One Full Bed

Air conditioning was never quite comfortable - too hot, then kicked on and ran too long, so too cold, then off too long so it got too hot again. The sliding panels across the windows got so hot the glue failed and the fabric insert fell out.

Small-ish room, but we didn't go to Honolulu to stay inside anyway. Great location near many restaurants, bars, shopping, easy public transportation and tour bus pick-up points. Loved the cocktails at the Tiki bar next door!

Nothing ,they had the wrong check in and check out time
    • King Bed

I never stay at the property booking.com made mistake on 2 of my reservation 1 with Surftide when was time to check in the property manager said the hotel was booked and that’s not the first time Booking.com made a mistake so I had to look for another hotel found hotel Renew need it for 4-28-18 to 4-29-18 when I got there reservation was for 4-27-18 to 4-28-18 try to contact Booking.com

Nothing ,they had the wrong check in and check out time

Not boutique, not resort
    • King Bed

$26 resort fee is a bit of a joke. Consists of towels and a chair to carry to the beach. Rooms a lot older and quirkier layout than pics suggest. Can be very noisy.

I loved the breakfast and it's use of the lobby space.
    • One Full Bed

The hotel room had bad sound insulation. I was on the 7th floor, but I could hear car noise coming in. I could also hear the people next door. Having a good night's sleep is essential, and I didn't get it at this hotel. Also, the room needs more lighting and needs to be a little more clean. The bed wasn't very comfortable. I didn't like the pillow nor the mattress.

I loved the breakfast and it's use of the lobby space. The staff were friendly. Easy to check in and out. The hotel is close to the beach, close to bus stops, and some shops and good restaurants.

It was good for enough size od room and cleaned seat.
    • King Bed

There are hostel next to hotel and it was too noisy overnight. Bathroom is little old and it seems that it was not cleaned

It was good for enough size od room and cleaned seat. Hotel provides beach towel and chair for free.

See # 3
    • Ocean View King Bed

Cool lighting, but In dressing room area and bathroom, would like little brighter lighting.

Over all, very nice hotel, great location and very helpful, courteous staff. Tina who cleans rooms was delightful, always with a beautiful smile. Front desk staff always helpful.

Nicely located !
    • Ocean View King Bed

The parking was a bit pricey when compared to options around the area.

Location was great, very close to restaurants, shops, etc. Breakfast was good. Wifi was good. Staff was helpful. Room had adequate size, was very clean and had a great view.

It was a pleasant stay! With the right person to be with a great view the room was perfect!
    • King Bed

The clock in the room was off/late for at least 1 hour so when we went down for breakfast at the lobby, the attendant was a bit ticked because we were late. I said it’s only 830am and he said breakfast is about to close and he’s already putting the food away. But still had some. But he’s attitude got to be more accommodating not acting rude.

Our room was upgraded n we got the best top ocean view of the hotel! Love the big king bed. The receptionists are very nice and courteous and answered questions and very accomodating.

Our stay was ok but will try somewhere else next time we are in Honolulu.
    • King Bed

Bed was harder than what we are used to, the A/C was hard to get set right, the TV was old and not able to sync with our computer, and the street noise early in AM (3am!!) was fairly loud.

The staff was great!! They were very warm and friendly, greeted us with juice and a warm moist towel to refresh ourselves with.

This place is FANTASTIC!
    • King Bed

Can't think of anything I did not like about this room.

The room was great! So glad we chose this room, location was Awesome, close to everything, and it was quiet and very modern.staff was extremely friendly! We will stay again if or when we come back ☺

My overall stay was excellent. I would go there again.
    • King Bed

Wished they provided in the bathroom, a toothbrush & toothpaste. I had to ask if they provide complimentary toothbrush & toothpaste, and they did give me one. Second, wished they provided complimentary house slippers. Last, wished they have more ample parking.

The bed was extra comfy.

Pathetic breakfast, smelly room
    • King Bed

Pathetic breakfast that they are charging 25 dollars per night. Not very clean and the room had a very bad smell. Don't recomand this hotel go somewhere else.

It was near the beach

The room is really big and comfortable.
    • King Bed

The room is really big and comfortable. The bed is also great, good size, matress also great and pillows as well. There are a coffee machine in the room with a delicious hawaiian coffee, television and small fridge.

adequate
    • One Full Bed

Room is small. View is lousy as you need to keep the shades down or others are across the alleys looking in. The lighting in the room is terrible - no light in the closet or near it so picking out clothes in the evening is difficult. Valet parking is $35 a night, but there is zoo parking a block away at $1 an hour.

Location is great.

Cool and relaxing place to stay near the beach.
    • Ocean View Two Full Beds

The room was a little small for the price with an A/C that would not turn off on auto even when the room was freezing. The hallway was super hot and the elevator slow and a little bumpy. DVDs were a good touch, however the selection was older movies and lacking. The subdued lights were good but overdone-could of sometimes used brighter light for reading, etc.

Nice touches with coffee (in room too), tea, water, and a good daily breakfast in the lobby with fresh juices and fruit, as well as aromatherapy products. I stayed at another hotel for seven days prior to my stay at Hotel Renew, and although it was very nice, there was no coffee in the room and breakfast was not included. The location and ambiance are good too with welcoming staff.

Great location, friendly and very helpful staff, delicious breakfast (freshly squeezed carrot juice)
    • One Full Bed

There is nothing really to point out for Improvement - everything was great!

The answers I provided are truly from my heart - everything was excellent!!

Great location, despite what the hotel looks like on the outside
    • One Full Bed

Sometimes there is congestion on the street with cars honking ir sirens blaring, but it soon goes away

Great location wuthin minutes of the main street, where everything goes on, and also an easy distance to diamond head. One of the key trolley stops is only metres away.

Great location friendly staff
    • Ocean View Two Full Beds

Over priced drinks when not happy hour. The ceiling had a lot of cracks in it. The lobby was very small but it’s a small hotel. However it was still a great location.

Very close to the beach. Great staff

Free breakfast.
    • King Bed

Free dvds with no dvd player. Expensive but has no real amenities. The breakfast area is too small. The room wasn't being cleaned thourougly only the sheets were cleaned every day.

Free breakfast. The bed was nice. The lighting was controllable. A lot of t.v. channels to choose from.

This room beat most AirBnB options in the area by a long shot!
    • King Bed

The hallways were a bit dingy by comparison to how nice everything else was and the AC could have blown a bit colder.

Both the he bed and the room were MASSIVE and incredibly comfortable. We really enjoyed the modified lighting choices and their efforts at reducing waste and eco-consciousness.

Much, much better than anticipated! A great selection for Waikiki.
    • King Bed

1. The breakfast area was too small, became congested and tables were too few (unless the guest times his/her breakfast prudently.) 2. The lobby elevator button required multiple presses to engage the system so the doors would open when the elevator compartment eas already at ground level.

The location was grand; the property was fine; the staff was always helpful and reliable; my room was outstanding.

The breakfast was wonderful with a good balance for the health conscious. Rooms were always clean.
    • Ocean View Two Full Beds

I travelled with my adult daughter and we had so much fun. Staff were exceptionally accommodating whether we needed a bandaid after a hike or directions to any location.

For a Hawaii location not a good hotel. The fact you can't even sit outside would never be my choice
    • King Bed

The breakfast was incredibly bad. Plastic plates and cutlary, often out of stock. Disgusting bread and hardly anything available. Paper throw away cups. No seating space. Extremely small area in the middle of the lounge. No outside area at all

Very friendly staff

Overall our experience was great
    • King Bed

The room had a weird smell, room was above an alley and was noisy in the morning.

Location was great short walk to the beach. Continental breakfast, towel and chair for the beach.

Very good value in Waikiki.
    • King Bed

The free breakfast was not the greatest - we generally skipped it. The hotel is quite clise to a number of hostels, which meant we heard a fair bit of noise from those venues.

The location of this property, at the west end of Waikiki, means it is a bit out of the general hubbub of Wikiki, which we liked. It’s very close to the wonderful Honolulu Zoo. It’s a bit of a walk to the sights of Waikki, but not far. The room was comfortable and clean, and the staff (mostly) friendly and helpful. There is a free breakfast.

Wonderful & would come back again!
    • King Bed

Wish the breakfast had a few more gluten free options

The rooms were great & the access to towels and chairs for the beach a major unexpected bonus! Plus the staff were the friendliest.

paying The resort fee for a non pool place was way too expensive. I would check out other options on
    • King Bed

You did not have our check in date or checkout date correct. We had to take a different room because of the mixup. The street noise was very loud where we were staying

Breakfast was fresh and it was nice having the fresh juices and options

Breakfast, service, location so close to the beach, DVD...
    • Ocean View Two Full Beds

Funny smells in the hallway and room, most of the DVDs were scratched, lighting in the room was quite dark and couldn’t be turned up

Breakfast, service, location so close to the beach, DVD service

O.K.
    • One Full Bed

Booking. com was very misleading in what this hotel was like and also quoted me wrong for pricing will never book with them again. If you do book with them read all the fine print keep all invoices and take pictures. I ended up paying $400 usd extra and couldn't find original quote. Room was small and bed was uncomfortable for price would stay somewhere else.

Staff was friendly and helpful!

Perfect location for reasonable prices
    • One Full Bed

Staff didn't accommodate simple requests like paying for our room when we checked in, after saying that we could. They also seemed incompetent when trying to work out the amount to pay 5 minutes before we were due to be picked up for the airport (tried to charge us double).

Fantastic views, excellent location and good value for money.

Perfect location, very kind and helpful staff.
    • King Bed

Too soft bed, bit noisy room (from the street and room neighbours), worn furniture. Definitely not 4-star. But it's okay.

Perfect location, very kind and helpful staff. You can park on the streets if you're patient to wait for a free space (5-20 mins, mind the signs), otherwise you can choose the hotel's lot ($32/day). If you have a car, you can reach easily all the sights of Oahu from here.

It was a pleasant stay!
    • King Bed

It will be more interesting if the breakfast can have more varieties or different from time to time especially the egg style, cold boil egg is quite boring.

The breakfast is really nice and the staffs are very...

The room smells so bad, even they provide fragrance oil. It smells like body odor.

The breakfast is really nice and the staffs are very friendly and helpful. But the room smells so bad, even they provide fragrance oil. It smells like body odor.

Great location, lovely staff, good size rooms, small bed.
    • One Full Bed

The amenities fee seemed a bit expensive - $26 a day just for coffee, pastries, fruit and possibility to hire dvds or beach towels. The bed was quite small. Also, the room smelt kind of musty, in all honesty (despite efforts from the staff to put aromatherapy scent diffusers in the rooms). We went right in the high season over Christmas, but it seemed a little expensive compared to other places we have stayed in other countries. But that might just be Hawaii prices. It was significantly cheaper than the other places that were available for those dates, although we booked only a few months beforehand.

The stand out from this hotel was the quality of service provided by the staff. The room was a nice size and the location was great. They were LGBT friendly (we were celebrating our honeymoon as a gay couple), even giving us a bottle of sparkling in the room as a gift. That was a lovely touch. We felt warmly welcomed by everyone and it’s just round the corner from Hula’s Bar and Lei Stand (an LGBT bar). A stone’s throw from the beach, we could see it from our balcony.

Accommodating with a lovely continental breakfast!!
    • King Bed

Clean, great view of the ocean, modern accommodations a complimentary breakfast inclusive of cereal, hard boiled eggs, pastries, fresh squeezed juice and fruit. They also have towels and chairs to use on he beach!

Clean, simple hotel ideal for resting up before you head out to explore Hawaii
    • King Bed

Better breakfast. Otherwise, it is as described.

Continental breakfast was basic but got the job done. No pool facilities at the hotel but they do allow you to borrow beach chairs to use. Clean and simple hotel. Perfect if you don't intend on staying at the hotel for long periods of time.

Gorgeous boutique on the beach
    • One Full Bed

Not a thing, I loved our stay here, will definitely be back!

Everything, this place is amazing and the staff were exceptional, best customer service I've ever experienced in a hotel, particularly for the price.

The Bed was really comfortable!
    • Ocean View King Bed

The room on the top floor is getting super warm during the day and the air conditioning is noisy. It's smells not really fresh in the room but the concierge offered a room fragrance for our stay in the hotel. The cleaning lady made a good job (thanks again)....

The Bed was really comfortable!!!

Very good balance quality and money. Very good location and welcome! Thanks a lot!
    • One Full Bed

Without air conditioning the room war humid and wet. The breakfast could be improved.

Location us very good. I loved the welcome with orange juice. I liked the style of the hotel.

Too noisy for a comfortable stay.
    • Ocean View King Bed

Noise from adjacent hotel's music till very late at night. Street noise too can be intrusive. Not enough power points and the ones available are in awkward positions. Loose taps in bathroom, which lacks space. Breakfast is sparse. The 'amenity' fee is steep for what you get (i.e. what you would normally expect included in room price).

Friendly staff, Waikiki trolley stop right out front, good wifi.

Happy.
    • Ocean View King Bed

The breakfast area was too small and uncomfortable with low seats etc. and insufficient capacity. Balcony was solid so could not see street level.

I liked thy ocean view from our window and the Diamond head view from our balcony.However not all rooms have this.

Fantastic
    • King Bed

We just wish we could've gotten an ocean view! Not a big deal though, all you had to do was walk a couple hundred feet!!

Staff was wonderful, felt private, modern, great location!!

Very close to the beach, a park, the zoo, good restaurants...
    • One Full Bed

Very close to the beach, a park, the zoo, good restaurants and shopping. The staff were helpful and informative. The breakfast was a perfect continental stule.

Cute boutique hotel.
    • King Bed

Location was great. A few minutes walk to Waikiki Beach. Breakfast was plentiful. Cool face washer on check in as well as a fresh fruit drink. Complimentary wifi was a bonus. Cute boutique hotel.

Very pleasant, would stay again.
    • King Bed

Air conditioning was VERY noisy, and made sleep difficult and too hot not to sleep with it on. Room was very public overlooking a carpark so blinds had to be drawn the whole time.

Staff were very friendly and accommodating. Great welcome drink and cool towels were a great touch. Staff offered to waive an administration fee for us because we were only staying overnight and leaving early in the morning, and even packed breakfasts for us to take with us to the airport as we were leaving before breakfast was available. Scent diffusers offered are a great touch, and the amenities in the room were lovely.

Excellent location and friendly staff
    • One Full Bed

The hotel itself was perfect, but Waikiki itself is very built up and busy part of Hawaii. I'd recommend Maui or the Big Island for a slightly chilled and authentic Hawaiian experience.

Staff welcome was very friendly. Boutique fee included free wifi, beach chairs and towels for the beach and choosing fragrance for our room.

Great hotel but has limitations

Lack of facilities

This hotel was excellent in everything other than facilities beyond the obvious - bar and breakfast facility was too small and no pool or lounging areas were a downside but understood beforehand so not an issue - if you bear these things in mind it is worthwhile and at best end of Waikiki 👍

Friendly staff .
    • One Full Bed

Smelly Air conditioning unit in the room we stayed in needed the filter and unit cleaned or replaced. Noisy backpacker style accomodation located on the back side of the hotel.

Friendly staff . Complimentary continental breakfast. Overall Pretty good but other hotels nearby had more facilities on offer for similar rates

Great location and nice pleasant true Hawaiian service.
    • One Full Bed

It was pretty good but a little lacking in communal facilities I.e. No pool and breakfast area is pretty undersized.

Really friendly and helpful staff. Offered to ring us when room was ready and did promptly.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Great Stay. Would Come back !
    • King Bed

The air conditioning could have been a little bit more colder at times.

Lights switches. Easy control of all the lights in the hotel room and the shampoos and soaps were awesome. I love CO Bigelow soaps. And the continental breakfast was great. The hotel had everything I needed for the beach.

Great location, friendly staff!
    • King Bed

The amenities fee on top of a resort fee? Seemed a little much. Especially when you do not use all of the amenities! Hallways are a little dark and dingy, and the rooms were also pretty dark (though comfortable). Not every room has a lanai, which you wouldn't know unless you read the fine print. It's a bit noisy, with sound travelling through the walls from the hallway and other rooms and coming from outside. However, I think that would only affect light sleepers! The bar doesn't actually stay open until a specified time....which is disappointing if you are looking forward to enjoying a beverage when you get back to your own hotel.

The location was fantastic! Just a block from the beach, yet not too close to all of the hustle and bustle. Continental breakfast in the morning was helpful, though I only ate breakfast there twice on the trip. The "amenities" daily fee included a dvd rental, which I didn't think I would use, but ended up using twice when I needed a break from the sun and some down time. Staff was very nice and helpful. Place was fairly clean with modern decor. Towels and beach chairs for guests was super convenient!

Great location and wonderful staff
    • One Full Bed

The lobby/bar/breakfast lounge is rather small, getting crowded at breakfast and not quite inviting for happy hour. We would have loved to linger over a beer before dinner, but the space and the furniture does not offer the right kind of happy hour atmosphere. I guess most Honolulu visitors would be out at the beach or touring rather than drinking indoors, so the Hotel Renew does not consider the happy hour atmosphere an issue, despite the fact that it offers special discounts for special daily cocktails.

The staff and the location are the best things about Hotel Renew.

Browse Hotel Renew traveller photo gallery