Reviews of Residence Inn Mystic Groton 3 stars

40 Whitehall Avenue, Mystic, CT 06355, USA

#10 of 15 hotels in Mystic

• Two-Bedroom Suite

We couldn't seem to get a hold of the main desk or housekeeping via the phone. We wanted more towels and never did manage to contact them. Although, we also never walked to the desk to ask, and I suspect that would have solved the issue immediately.

We found the accommodations to be luxurious and beautiful. We loved the location, minutes away from Mystic Aquarium, Mystic Seaport, and downtown Mystic. We couldn't have been more pleased.

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Room was very spacious and having the kitchen was perfect for traveling with my three always hungry boys. Fire place in room was a bonus! Breakfast was tasty and variety of choices for all tastes. Also had a basket ball court so throw your ball in the trunk. Nice way for kids to burn off a little energy.

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Pool area had a great deal of chlorine in the air that it burned your eyes but the 13 year old girls did not complain.

I arrived early and Joshua assisted in getting me into a room which was great since we had just traveled about 2 1/2 hours

• One-Bedroom Suite

It was not the fault of the hotel but my son locked a game inside of the room safe and was not able to reopen it. The maintenance man was eventually able to open it, but he was unavailable until the next day which caused some stress for my son and the family.

The gentleman who was working the breakfast was quite friendly and helpful. The rest of the staff were nice as well but he was going a little above and beyond.

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Pet fee cost more than the room itself and there was no warning of this. Online it says pet fee “may“ apply. If you are going to charge someone more than the cost of the room itself just to bring a clean, quiet pet for one night that needs to be well-known. I would never have stayed there had I known. That extra cost almost ruined my stay because I do not have that kind of money. In addition there were really no TV channels With shows for my four-year-old boys.

Enjoyed indoor pool. Front desk staff were friendly

• One-Bedroom Suite

It was a wonderful experience, anything that I read before booking at this hotel, they can not describe the place so spectacular it is. I highly recommend it and I will certainly return there in the summer, to enjoy a week's vacation with my whole family.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

The pool and breakfast buffet were small and it was very crowded for breakfast. Our room was not ready when we arrived, we waited almost an hour after we arrived to be checked in. The pool was small which was ok to our kids, the Jacuzzi water was on the colder side. the room it's self was ok, but for the price I would have rather stayed in another hotel. Staff at the breakfast was so nice and they made it better, but I don't think we will stay again

The attractions were close by, the front end staff was very nice and apologetic. Breakfast was free, dunkins was within walking distance. Gave us extra sheets and blankets.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

They could have cleaned the mattresses a lot better. The heat in the room wasn’t working so it kinda felt like a little better than sleeping in a car.

The bed was really comfortable and I liked that everyone had enough room. I also liked that I could call the front desk with any issues I had.

• One-Bedroom Suite

The elevator was very sketchy. I had to have my elevator key replaced 4 times leaving me out I’m the 20° weather on too many occasions to walk around 3 buildings to get a new key just to be escorted to My room to find that they 2 new keys they gave me didn’t work...AGAIN!

The breakfast attendant was very accommodating.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

We planned our little getaway weeks in advance for our daughter's 9th birthday. The weather wasn't as cooperative as we had hoped and decided to cut our aquarium visit a little short since the kids were wet and cold. We went to the hotel to see if, by chance, our room was ready earlier than the promised 4:00 check-in. At around 1:30, I was told it wasn't quite ready and to check back by 3:00-3:30. We arrived back at about 3:45 and they said they couldn't get us in early and to give them until 4:00. I was a bit frustrated, but the promised check in time was 4:00 when we booked, so I understood. After sitting in the lobby until 4:15, my husband went to check on the room and we were told they were sending housekeeping in just then and to give them another 40 minutes!! I was incredibly frustrated at this point, so we decided to go for an early bird dinner since keeping 3 tired kids occupied in a hotel lobby is not something I'd wish on my worst enemy and requested a call when the room was ready. Finally, we got a call at 5:15 saying we were ready for check in. They were aware since 1:30 that we were in the area and waiting for a room and not only did they not make any attempt to get a room ready early for us, they were over an hour late!!! Worst of all, they never even acknowledged their error or offered to make up for it in any way. Hotel stays on a whim aren't something we are able to do often, but we did this as a birthday gift for our baby girl. All she wanted all day was to go swimming. After finally settling in to the room, they had enough juice in the tank to swim for less than an hour. My little girl was pretty disappointed.

The room rate was good for a 2 bed 2 bath. It was plenty spacious enough for 2 adults and 3 kids without feeling crowded.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Had to wait over an our for our room when check-in is at 4 and we arrived at 4:30 but our room was not ready. Also the toilet flooded at 5 in the morning all the way into our room.

The room was amazing and spacious

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

We were only there one night so I didn't have time to find anything I didn't like.

The one bedroom suite was clean, well decorated and modern with new appliances and granite countertops. Great shower, mattress was comfortable. The only inconvenience was that the portion of coffee servings per packet match the coffee maker pot so we wasted one packet by not reading instructions.

• Studio with Queen Bed and Fireplace

I really like the location of the hotel. The space in the studio was perfect for a weekend away with my boyfriend. Nice little fire place and kitchen was just what we needed. The bed was comfortable, with nice pillows. I can’t just sit to go back.

• Studio with Queen Bed and Fireplace

Booking.com stated that there was a shuttle service to nearby casinos (the only reason I booked this particular hotel), we were more than disappointed but put out since said service was not offered at this location. The picture shown when I booked our room was not the actual room that we ended up getting, that was a bit of a let down.

The staff were absolutely fantastic, from check in/out to the one man show breakfast employee. We were genuinely impressed with everyone's hospitality and attitudes.

• Studio with Queen Bed and Fireplace

Breakfast was not good. Felt bad for the cook. Felt as if he was overwhelmed. Didnt like that we had to leave one building to get to pool in main building.

Room was nice and clean. Kitchenette very nice and well equipped. Fireplace was a nice touch. Majority of staff very pleasant and friendly.

• One-Bedroom Suite

The walls were dirty and the carpet was filthy, there was pubes in the shower on the bath and curtain, the fridge was so noisy and there was a massive vent from a boiler in our bedroom that kept us awake and blew cold air into our room when it came on!! We had a baby with us and after the 1st night we all woke up sick with a cold, we used extra bedding but it didn’t help. We couldn’t use the pool because we were sick.

Having a separate bedroom from the living space and the shower had good power.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Everything was great - delicious breakfast, pool area was warm and inviting, staff was very friendly and helpful, building was very clean, location perfect.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Great complimentary breakfast! Loved the restaurant packet that the hotel staff provided. That really helped us out when we arrived later in the evening and had to find somewhere to eat quickly.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Only downside was we requested an early check in and our room wasn't ready until an hour after normal check in. They did eventually rearranged rooms and got us one for check in time.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

The mattresses could have been a little more comfortable. Updated with a pillow top would help.

The suite room was very spacious and clean. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Very unhappy with the way we were treated about noise in our room. We feel if you are not kid friendly you should tell us before we came so we could stay some where else. We got into our room around 4:00pm we had just come from the aquarium. The kids were still so excited from just being there. We had a 2 and 3 year olds both boys. They were loud and running around like kids do. Then we heard knocks coming from the room below. Next thing we know phone call from front desk asking us to keep it down. He said the people below said kids jump off furniture and it was unsafe. Well we are good parents there was no jumping off the furniture. Kids just being kids. So after that call our stay was a little unpleasant. For we had to keep telling the kids to stop. We feel you should have never call us. But instead had ask guest below us to move. For no matter where we would move the same thing could happen. Remember this is all happening around 5:00 in the afternoon. So my sister called down to front desk to tell them we were not moving and we are going to dinner at 5:30, come back take them swimming and then kids in bed by8:30. Few more things we took kids swimming feel that footballs should not be aloud in pool. The guest were out of control with it all around us one of the boys wouldn't get in pool. Also when we came back from dinner dirty rubber glove in parking lot where some kid could pick up, find same glove in parking lot in next morning. 😎

Love the suite. We had two kids with us so gave them room to play. The breakfast was great and everyone was friendly.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

It was cold. We chose a hotel with a fireplace. It didn't work, which eas very disappointing. Called maintenance but they couldn't fix it.

Kids liked basketball court Proximity to attractions Friendly staff

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

The fold out Couch bed the Mattress was really thin, felt the Springs and rails underneath

Best Breakfast served in a Hotel without actually sitting down in a Restaurant

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

The pull out couch was uncomfortable.

Liked having a full kitchen in the room. Breakfast and coffee were good. Staff were very nice and helpful. Location to Mystic attractions was perfect.

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

If they would let me have a microwave

Yes and Krystal and Kevin everybody there at the hotel was great very friendly I stayed about for five days one morning I woke up late and they still was willing to make some batterso I could have a waffle they were so nice I'll be there again

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

The pool water was freezing and the hot tub was broken and was disgusting.

The staff messed up something with my credit card and apologized and gave me a bottle of wine for the troubles. also recommended great places for food. Real friendly and helpful staff

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

• Studio with Queen Bed and Fireplace

The pool and hot tub were out of order and it would have been nice to be alerted to that fact before we checked in.

Breakfast was fantastic. Good variety. Very fresh. No powdered eggs. Awesome waffle maker. Room was fantastic. Loved the kitchenette and the fireplace.

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

The parking was a bit full... we parked on the grass ( along with several other carsp

The room was "roomy". loved the full kitchen ( even though for this trip we didn't need it).

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

That there was a dog barking at 730 am because the owners left him alone in the room. It went on for an hour. I will likely not stay in another hotel that allows pets for this reason

Staff was very responsive when i called to complain that there was a dog barkong in the room next door to me

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

We didn't like that there was no privacy in the queen studio hotel room in the shower/bath. Shower/bath exspose. No privacy on that regard. And the vent was in the shower/tub are and not in the toilet area. The room was for 4, but if we were 2 couples. Taking a shower would be interesting, and not in a good way. But since it was just the two of us. The only thing that was odd to us, was the vent not being in the bathroom

Rooms, but most of all the staff. 5 stars to the staff.

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

We were missing a few important items in the kitchen, but the staff was so helpful in providing them. It was a bit noisy upstairs on Saturday night, probably an after casino bash.

The staff was exceptionally friendly, happy and helpful. The rooms and bathrooms were clean and comfortable. The kitchen was also clean and spacious. We were able to cook all our meals there easily. Although the exercise area was small, it was clean and all the equipment worked. The hot tub was delightfully not too chlorinated.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• Two-Bedroom Suite

We were all up through out the night with very loud drunk abnoxious people. It was awful!!! I called the front desk at 330 they said they would take care of it when they delivered the papers it went on for another 25 minutes! The next morning the next staff said they never received a complaint at all and they didn't seem to care about the situation at all asking if we found out who it was and if we said something to them! It was like it was OK I paid 400$for one night to stay I shouldn't have to figure out who it is! It was the worst experience ever! Also the coffee pot lid was broke in the room and there was nothing in the rooms about what to do or places to eat or anything about the hotel which is always nice to have. And acourding to this a two bedroom holds 6 people when we got there he said only 5 are allowed per room!!!

The kids loved the pool! The worker at breakfast was very very nice!!!

• Reviewed: 11 September 2016

Most disgusting flat ever seen. To start. Finding the entrance in the back alley takes time. You would not expect how many rats are in the neighborhood. Inside dirty, no sink in the kitchen, cardboard tableware. All in all a fraudulent offer. We moved out and got nothing back from anonymous owner, neither an apology nor any refund. Not even returned cleaning fee. Even 2.5 ratings points are too much for this scrap heap.

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

need a map of the property for guest as we were not sure where the building we were staying in was or where to park for it, also telling you were the elevators are.

was quit and close to the highway

• Reviewed: 8 July 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite

Sheets and towels were stinking, were disgusting, I couldn't believe it. The halls has mold smell and so did the room towel And sheets. I usually carry my own pillow And towels, yet the sheets was terribly nasty. I asked for clean towels to see if it was just the ones in the room and no, every single towel was stinking. That never happened before. Very unhappy, very unconfortable mattress as well.

The size of the room.

Bed made my back hurt.

Room was good size. Towels and pillows good quality. Loved full kitchen, good size.

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

The staff that prepped the meals far exceeded expectations. They were efficient and polite. They changed the way I rated my experience.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Bathroom was dirty with hair. All mirrors were dirty and room had a lot of dust.

I really enjoyed it came with a fully equipped kitchen.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Pool are small. No allergen friendly food options

Room size

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

The sound of the heater/ac was so loud

Lots of space

• One-Bedroom Suite

Late check Inn, overbooked and dirty

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Going outside to get to the pool

• One-Bedroom Suite

Whirpool water was not hot enough.

Breakfast was very good.

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

I had the pull out couch and it was amazingly comfortable.

Everything was great.

Breakfast was great

Very nice

tasty breakfast

Nothing. Would stay again

Room was much bigger then expected and very clen

Toilet overflowed

Breafast variety and quality

• Two-Bedroom Suite

the room was not ready when we arrived.no towels by the pool side

the suite was spacious and comfortable and clean for the price.breakfeat was good.

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

The pool was way too small for the amount of people.

It was very clean. The people were very friendly. Local to everything.

• Studio with Queen Bed and Fireplace

I didn't like having to leave the building to get to the swimming pool or breakfast in the lobby.

Staff was awesome.

No ice machine

Eggs were great

• Two-Bedroom Suite

I loved everything but had to ask for firmer pillows. They were very mushy initially.

Central to everything.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Jeff at the front desk was very friendly and helpful upon check-in!

Batheoom needs more room

Great spot

• One-Bedroom Suite

Beds were very uncomfortable and sofa bed was worse than sleeping on the floor

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Noise constant. I would never stay here again. Bathroom fan loud and filthy. Loud banging above our head. Room was not near pool.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Plenty to choose from for breakfast---nice that it is included with room booking.

All good

Enjoyed the two room suite. Free buffet evening meal with beer on the night we were there

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Temperature controls did not function very well. The room was too hot with windows closed.

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

That evening dinner was included and the staff was amazing i went with all the kids and had an amazing time ty

Very noisy ventilation system

View.

Great location. Lovely hotel.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Very clean, exactly what was promised. Close to everything

• Two-Bedroom Suite

The pool was dirty, and breakfast in the morning was total chaos.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Close to all main attractions.

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

I was unimpressed by this hotel

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

stay was great

Meets our expectation and will definitely stay there on my next trip

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Great breakfast choices, staff overall were so nice and caring

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Staff were very pleasant and helpful!

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

Very comfortable

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

Our gas fireplace stopped working after the 1st day

The room was very spacious

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017